New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Searching this on google brought back this, by the way. Guys, didn't we coin that meme in the first place? >_>
    I..I think we did. On some long-gone incarnation of this thread, no doubt.

Retracted, just remembered where I saw that first. It was someplace in /co/,I belive.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-10-10 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Wiggle your flank and make your tail swish?
    I think "Wiggle your flank and your tail you might swish!" fits the rhyming scheme better.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, I'm working on my Applejack. Right now she's Rogue 7 - Lasher 4. I want to smash in some levels of Master Thrower, and have her throw Apples. If you were the DM for this campaign and I asked you if I could take Weapon Focus (Apple), how would you treat it? Would you make Apples do more than 1d2? Or would you just allow it by letter of the rule?

...Also, can anypony think of a more efficient way to reach +5 BaB that's still viable with either of these classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I'm allowed to disagree with people...

Or am I going a little far, and am currently being belligerent? Sorry, sorry, I'll shuffle away, and comment on some other thing...

Also! That shirt is amazing!
    "You get back here!" Jade runs up to the shuffling away tonberrian and glomps her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We didn't, that a 4chan meme.
    Awww. I was hoping we created something big enough that it ended up on a shirt. That would have been kind of amazing.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-10 at 09:30 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #1354

Midnight: Roleplaying is Magic Sheet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roleplaying is Magic Character Sheet:
    Name: Midnight
    Race: Unicorn
    Special Purpose: Midnight's special purpose and talent is magic. Like her parents, she has great magical potential, potential that she must divine for herself the path it takes.
    Cutie Mark: The Magician Tarot. She also has a black blotch on her coat with star and moon stylings, akin to her Princess Mommy's own.
    Primary Attributes: Mind 5, Body 1, Heart 3
    Secondary Attributes: Health 4, Energy 6, Courage 8
    Talents: Smart, Empathetic
    Job: Student/Princess
    Skills: Knowledge (magic), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (trivia), Storytelling, Performing, Etiquette, Seduction (learned by doing the exact OPPOSITE the Guide told her to do), Bondag-Use Rope, Research, Reading
    Guiding Element Of Harmony: Kindness

Magic:
    Effects: Animate, Change, Create, Diminish
    Subjects: Body, Earth, Illusion, Plants, Force

Sample Tricks: Plant Bondage (Change+Plants), Teleport (Animate+Body), Celestial Wings (Change+Body), Build Structure (Create+Earth), Gender Change (Change+Body)

So, in the end, instead of doing anything super complex, I just went with giving Midnight a Mare level of points, and then added two, to give her Mind 5, Body 1, Heart 3. Apart from that, does everything look okay? I also thought about giving her special rules for Nightmare, but I dunno what would work with that.

I haven't made Pony Tales yet, it's a little more complex looking.

Midnight/Nightmare/Leo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Only four hundred years? Oh, you're still a youngling compared to me. We're both a lot older than Midsy here."

She smiles, looking down at their shared body.

"Funny, though. She's a lot wiser and has a better head on her shoulders than I do. With age doesn't necessarily come wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Midnight and Rarity
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mare cast her eyes to the side as her newfound companion began to lavish her with compliment after compliment, she could feel her heart pounding within her chest. She knew somewhere deep down that this was just little Midnight being little Midnight, doing everything within her power to make her Aunt Rarity happy. Just like she did when she was a child. She was still that same Midnight.

But it was becoming a smaller and smaller thought, and with each and every kind word and gesture that feeling slowly sank, and the excitement and happiness that had bubbled up to the surface during the earliest parts of the gala; laying eyes on Blueblood, their first words, the tension in the air... those feelings were slowly returning. It was donning on Rarity that the stallion in front of her truly was a prince, and regardless of his motivations, he truly did intend to allow her the night she never received; the night she thought she would never see.

His lips upon hers made her entire body melt, her heart skip a beat, and for a moment the world melted away. That kiss sealed the deal.

"O...Oh my..." She barely found herself able to breathe, the words rolling from her muzzle like water from a tap, before she suddenly realized that she was in the presence of royalty, and by Celestia she would act like it.

*Ahem* "Erm, yes. I assure you, my dear prince, I look forward to this evening with the utmost ardor." A small smile curled to the corners of her face. Yes, impress him with speech, show him that you are indeed the type of lady that deserves such lavish attentions, such caring words.

She had every intention to make this her best night ever.
    Midnight and Rarity

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight felt his heart patter excitedly in his chest. He had, of course, been told the story of how Blueblood had treated Rarity so long ago at the Gala, before she was even born. That was only compounded by her own interactions with the arrogant stallion, and his less terrible, but still misguided, son. It had always rankled at him, how Rarity had been treated, how her dream had been so cruelly shattered.

Midnight was all about second chances, and dreams. He wanted to give this to Rarity. But it was more than just that, now. The tension in the air, the interplay between the younger Prince and his older, but still gorgeous, Lady. It was more than just the game now. The gentle teasing she had intended to catch Rarity off-guard had now started them down on this more serious path.

His kiss hadn't just made Rarity's heart skip a beat, it had done the same to him.

His body was filling with warmth, from his hooves, to his cheeks, which began to blush the same lovely pink that Rarity had, the pink of two ponies experiencing the first moments of passion.

He smiled, as Rarity spoke, and nodded slowly, before bowing low to Rarity.

"Of course, my dear Lady. I shall take my leave, and allow you to prepare for this evening, whilst I do the same."

He made a mental note to quickly read up on formal fashions for stallions. After all, it wouldn't do to take Rarity, of all ponies, on a date dressed unfashionably.

After all, he wanted to make this her best night ever.

Pardon me for one moment. It just sunk in that I am RPing with my favorite writer in the fandom. Allow me to channel my inner Rainbow Dash for a second here...

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

*Ahem*

Alright. I'm good now.
    And now it's my turn to blush.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-10 at 09:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I'm allowed to disagree with people...
    Every time we've tried to form a committee to regulate usage of the OFC we've been unable to agree on what exactly constitutes "hate" and through which means it can legitimately be detected, causing heated emotional arguments that usually turn ugly fast, leading to the OFC being used on us and the committee breaking up so that we can all chase the butterflies that have suddenly become very, very interesting. Don't worry, though, we're fairly confident at this point that it isn't lethal.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-10 at 10:06 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Every time we've tried to form a committee to regulate usage of the OFC we've been unable to agree on what exactly constitutes "hate" and through which means it can legitimately be detected, causing heated emotional arguments that usually turn ugly fast, leading to the OFC being used on us and the committee breaking up so that we can all chase the butterflies that have suddenly became very, very interesting. Don't worry, though, we're fairly confident at this point that it isn't lethal.
    How quickly they forget my spell in the disintegration ward of the hospital

It's not so much that the OFC isn't lethal as that death isn't lethal.

7. - Top - End - #1357

Hey! Ah... can anyone else not get to the ponymotes? My bookmarks are broke? I can see the ones everyone else has posted, but I can't get to the imgur page myself.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Hey! Ah... can anyone else not get to the ponymotes? My bookmarks are broke? I can see the ones everyone else has posted, but I can't get to the imgur page myself.
    Looks like the site is down.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #1359

I wasn't able to, too, when I went to look for a blushing emote right now.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Looks like the site is down.

Zevox
    Oh, well in that case, have a picture:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I wasn't able to, too, when I went to look for a blushing emote right now.
    Yeah, my artthread does not have NEARLY enough eeshing spikes in it at the moment. I'll have to edit them in later.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-10 at 09:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

"You get back here!" Jade runs up to the shuffling away tonberrian and glomps her.
    I'm... I'm not tonberrian!

On the other hand, I've never been internet glomped before... What is this warm feeling spreading throughout my body? Could it be... happiness? LE GASP!

12. - Top - End - #1362

I NOW HOLD ALL THE KEYS!
    Bow down before me, THE LORD OF EMOTES

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit- more terrible Rarity being dragged to destiny puns
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-10-10 at 09:51 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Midnight: Roleplaying is Magic Sheet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roleplaying is Magic Character Sheet:
    Name: Midnight
    Race: Unicorn
    Special Purpose: Midnight's special purpose and talent is magic. Like her parents, she has great magical potential, potential that she must divine for herself the path it takes.
    Cutie Mark: The Magician Tarot. She also has a black blotch on her coat with star and moon stylings, akin to her Princess Mommy's own.
    Primary Attributes: Mind 5, Body 1, Heart 3
    Secondary Attributes: Health 4, Energy 6, Courage 8
    Talents: Smart, Empathetic
    Job: Student/Princess
    Skills: Knowledge (magic), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (trivia), Storytelling, Performing, Etiquette, Seduction (learned by doing the exact OPPOSITE the Guide told her to do), Bondag-Use Rope, Research, Reading
    Guiding Element Of Harmony: Kindness

Magic:
    Effects: Animate, Change, Create, Diminish
    Subjects: Body, Earth, Illusion, Plants, Force

Sample Tricks: Plant Bondage (Change+Plants), Teleport (Animate+Body), Celestial Wings (Change+Body), Build Structure (Create+Earth), Gender Change (Change+Body)

So, in the end, instead of doing anything super complex, I just went with giving Midnight a Mare level of points, and then added two, to give her Mind 5, Body 1, Heart 3. Apart from that, does everything look okay? I also thought about giving her special rules for Nightmare, but I dunno what would work with that.

I haven't made Pony Tales yet, it's a little more complex looking.
    The skills and talents seem to fit Midnight pretty well, I think.

One of the nice things about Pony Tales though is that their classes of Talents have some helpful suggestions for subtypes, so I found it a bit easier to customize than the RPiM setup.

I think the page has changed somewhat; you might need to update your bookmarks or clear your cache.

EDIT: My bad, ignore me.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-10 at 09:51 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not so much that the OFC isn't lethal as that death isn't lethal.
    The FDA warns that you should not take death without first consulting your doctor, as complications have arisen in clinical trials with patients taking life and other popular states of being.

15. - Top - End - #1365

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    EDIT: My bad, ignore me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #1366

*sigh* Main ponymote pages are down, MCerberus is attempting to overthrow the thread again

17. - Top - End - #1367

The FDA warns that you should not take death without first consulting your doctor, as complications have arisen in clinical trials with patients taking life and other popular states of being.
    Indeed, studies have shown that death is fatal 100 percent of the time.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

MCerberus is attempting to overthrow the thread again
    Sure does feel like Monday, huh?

19. - Top - End - #1369

Meh, its just another person who wishes to take over parts of the world. This thread has like what, five people who fit that critria?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Meh, its just another person who wishes to take over parts of the world. This thread has like what, five people who fit that critria?
    But only three have orbital bombardment capabilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Barbarian in the Playground

... I guess it's safe... *stealth post*

Chapter One (haven't decided what to call the story yet)
    (spoilered for being a wall of text)

Spoiler
    Show
    My life truly began the day I got my cutie mark. I guess that’s normal, but to be honest, I can hardly remember what happened before then. I was an average colt, intelligent but shy, with no real friends and too many books. It comes with being a unicorn, I guess—even the famed Twilight Sparkle spent more of her childhood in the company of books than that of friends.

It was worse for me, though. I had been cursed (in hindsight, blessed, but hindsight is funny like that) with a perfectly average appearance, along with the ability to just blend in with my surroundings. White coat, black mane, grey eyes, and a skinny build for a colt which I’ve kept well into stallionhood. An uninteresting name, Shadow (for my black mane, which my mother always loved). Perfectly normal, perfectly average, perfectly unremarkable. And, being so truly unremarkable, I was never accepted into Celestia’s famed unicorn academy. I vaguely remember being upset when I received the rejection letter from Ponyville’s mailpony, Dorky Doo (mother of our current mailpony Ditzy Doo). I may have even cried. It seems almost funny, looking back.

Not long after that, upset at my lack of special talent, or anything to set me apart for that matter, I ran away from home. And where else was a lonely, untalented, unwanted young buck to go but the Everfree Forest? I think I truly intended to die there. And I very nearly got that wish. As I pressed deeper and the vines and leaves pressed in around me, I heard more and more deep, animalistic noises. Eventually, cold and wet from a sudden squall of rain, I emerged from the brush in front of an enormous cave. I had already accepted my fate; anything this horrible place threw at me, I would simply let it happen. So I walked right in.

It quickly grew too dark to see, and the deep growls and snarls were growing louder all the time. I pressed on, determining to see this final adventure through to the end, and before long I bumped into a huge wall of furry flesh. The cavern lit up with a pale glow like starlight, and the vast creature reared up with a sleepy growl. An Ursa. Not a bad way to go, I guess. Except Fate had other things in store for me. I cowered as the creature drew up a humongous paw to end my short, meaningless existence… And in that moment, everything changed. I didn’t want to die. I didn’t think my life was meaningless. And who did this creature think it was, to try to kill ME? HOW DARE IT? Power, unlike any I had experienced in my previous studies, surged through my body and left my horn in a pure, black beam.

I must have blacked out. When I woke up, there was blood in my mouth and nose. I shook it off, but the foul metallic taste clung to my tongue and settled in the back of my throat. The cavern was lit with the barest edge of daylight, enough to see the fuzzy outline of the Ursa as it lay in the center of the cave, unmoving. I crept towards it slowly, not knowing if it was asleep or awake. As I passed the huge, fallen head, I saw that the eyes were still open and froze… But they were glazed and grey, unmoving… dead. I had cast my first real spell: a Death spell. And with just my own power, I had slain an Ursa.

I staggered from the beshadowed cave into the light of what was, to me at least, my first day. A convenient pool of water drew my attention; I really needed to wash up, to get the blood from my face before heading home. As I finished scrubbing my face with my hooves, something caught my eye: where before had been a blank white flank was now a cutie mark, one that would define my whole life: the Grim Pony’s scythe.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    ... I guess it's safe... *stealth post*

Chapter One (haven't decided what to call the story yet)
    (spoilered for being a wall of text)

Spoiler
    Show
    My life truly began the day I got my cutie mark. I guess that’s normal, but to be honest, I can hardly remember what happened before then. I was an average colt, intelligent but shy, with no real friends and too many books. It comes with being a unicorn, I guess—even the famed Twilight Sparkle spent more of her childhood in the company of books than that of friends.

It was worse for me, though. I had been cursed (in hindsight, blessed, but hindsight is funny like that) with a perfectly average appearance, along with the ability to just blend in with my surroundings. White coat, black mane, grey eyes, and a skinny build for a colt which I’ve kept well into stallionhood. An uninteresting name, Shadow (for my black mane, which my mother always loved). Perfectly normal, perfectly average, perfectly unremarkable. And, being so truly unremarkable, I was never accepted into Celestia’s famed unicorn academy. I vaguely remember being upset when I received the rejection letter from Ponyville’s mailpony, Dorky Doo (mother of our current mailpony Ditzy Doo). I may have even cried. It seems almost funny, looking back.

Not long after that, upset at my lack of special talent, or anything to set me apart for that matter, I ran away from home. And where else was a lonely, untalented, unwanted young buck to go but the Everfree Forest? I think I truly intended to die there. And I very nearly got that wish. As I pressed deeper and the vines and leaves pressed in around me, I heard more and more deep, animalistic noises. Eventually, cold and wet from a sudden squall of rain, I emerged from the brush in front of an enormous cave. I had already accepted my fate; anything this horrible place threw at me, I would simply let it happen. So I walked right in.

It quickly grew too dark to see, and the deep growls and snarls were growing louder all the time. I pressed on, determining to see this final adventure through to the end, and before long I bumped into a huge wall of furry flesh. The cavern lit up with a pale glow like starlight, and the vast creature reared up with a sleepy growl. An Ursa. Not a bad way to go, I guess. Except Fate had other things in store for me. I cowered as the creature drew up a humongous paw to end my short, meaningless existence… And in that moment, everything changed. I didn’t want to die. I didn’t think my life was meaningless. And who did this creature think it was, to try to kill ME? HOW DARE IT? Power, unlike any I had experienced in my previous studies, surged through my body and left my horn in a pure, black beam.

I must have blacked out. When I woke up, there was blood in my mouth and nose. I shook it off, but the foul metallic taste clung to my tongue and settled in the back of my throat. The cavern was lit with the barest edge of daylight, enough to see the fuzzy outline of the Ursa as it lay in the center of the cave, unmoving. I crept towards it slowly, not knowing if it was asleep or awake. As I passed the huge, fallen head, I saw that the eyes were still open and froze… But they were glazed and grey, unmoving… dead. I had cast my first real spell: a Death spell. And with just my own power, I had slain an Ursa.

I staggered from the beshadowed cave into the light of what was, to me at least, my first day. A convenient pool of water drew my attention; I really needed to wash up, to get the blood from my face before heading home. As I finished scrubbing my face with my hooves, something caught my eye: where before had been a blank white flank was now a cutie mark, one that would define my whole life: the Grim Pony’s scythe.
    At first I thought you were going to be Moist von Lipwig-pony, but then that didn't happen...

Yeah, looks interesting. I'd critique it, but I don't know how!

23. - Top - End - #1373

Boy does it EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Of the people that are openly in a campaign for world domination, yes.

24. - Top - End - #1374

I have work far too early in the morning, I think I'm going to go to bed a little early tonight.

I have syncronized the entirety of My Little Pony Season 1 in HD to my iPod for the inevitable deadlock traffic into Boston at seven in the morning.

Goodnight everypony.

(Mids, I'll post back from work tomorrow. I'm sorry, I just don't have another post in me right now. )
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

25. - Top - End - #1375

But only three have orbital bombardment capabilities.
    But the other is a lich with a starfleet, and the other is me.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    ... /delurk/

It never ceases to amaze me how effortlessly this thread is propelled along at this speed. I swear there's a new incarnation every other day.

In any case, I'm mainly popping in to mention that I'm writing a fanfic with an OC and Luna, and I want it to be down in writing that I'm doing this before the new Luna episode comes out. *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELUNASQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I'd also be grateful for a bit of support from the playground bronies. If this does what I hope it does, it'll be the first story I've /ever/ finished writing, and I'd like to know how badly i suck sugarcubes.

... /goes back to lurking/
    If you put it up here I'll read it, although I don't think I'd have the most insightful advice here since I'm pretty much in the same position as you having not written anything before and also trying to figure out my own fic ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Today has been an interesting day.
    Right off the bat so I don't. Forget; Gadora, thanks for the send. I'll try and put it to good use.
    Thanqol, my FLGS' response to Exalted/Mage/anything not d&D4e or magic the gathering was "check the discount pile". It was an interesting pile, but nothing of immediate use. If I can't get ahold of a cheap amazon send, I'll have to requisition the rules elsewhere. It's nWoD correct? Ascension, not awakening?

Anyway. Ramble ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

today has been up and down. Mostly down.

I got deposited near my bus stop early, and went to catch an early bus. I am wearing a trashed trench coat, a flat cap, and my hobo pack; a sketh book and exercise/martial arts book, held to my lumbar with my kerchief and an accompanying ... Sports pack? 'fanny' pack which also sits at the lumbar, holds water bottles, pencils, smaller sketchbook, cords and effects. I am carrying a jug of milk- the plastic gallon variety.

The stop is 2 blocks from me. I'm cutting it close. I pull out my phone to ask the dispatcher to have my bus hold at the stop, but then, I see the bus. It is at a light ahead of me, about to turn onto the park & ride which is my stop. Knowing full well that dispatch puts you on hold for seeral minutes, I pocket my phone and make my way as fast as I can to the stop.

This is California. We jay-walk. So being on diametrically opposite corner is no problem. I begin to hustle. I cross the street. The light changes, as I watch. I hustle more, and cut across a parking lot. At this point, I can see the driver. She should be able to see me, so I run, I balance my milk jug, I wave.

This is where things enter into combat rounds, as it were. I have the initiative, but the bus has me beat for speed. I wave and holler. Some passengers turn to watch me attempt to flag the bus down; I have run ten yards at this point. The driver continues staring straight, as if wearing blinders.

45 yards. I am 3/4 the way through the lot. Driver still doesn't acknowledge me. Pulls ahead. 50 yards.

My breath tears from me, and I realize I've noosed myself; both bonds of the hobo pack cut into my hara, diminishing my power, my breath. I worry about losing the contents to boot; jangling myself pretty hard. I slow to a jog at the 50 yard mark, because my legs, unable to gain power from my other systems, are wearing thin and winding down. The bus keeps going, then stops; cross traffic before it gets to my stop.

The stop needs describing. It is down an alley, which connects two streets proper; the bus pulls in one alley, loops around into the stop depot/terminal/whatever, stops; loads and unloads human cargo, pulls to the edge of the alley to check traffic, the continues down said alley. I have an advantage because the bus has to loop through terrain that I don't.

60 yards. 63. 64. 66. I fight the whole way to keep running, knowing that if I slow to a walk I'm not getting this much speed for the next hour. I fail thefight, at approximately 67 yards and sort of power walk towards the bus. I can see the driver as she pulls around, into the depot. I lose her for a moment, but as soon as I have a line of sight I again continue trying to flag her down, and watch as she unloads a single passenger. I swear she can see me, my orange-brown coat bein the brightest thing this dreary, drizzly day. I force myself into a "run".

I close, and finally get within shouting distance as the bus pulls away from the stop. I am still waving, still hollering. It's hard; I'm at half-capacity for my lungs. She acknowledges me with a war, and ten shakes her head no. I was within eyesight before she even pulls away from the bench, and ye I'm too late and she can't stop for me.

Anger is one of my things. It's the sole reason I am able to do Mariam arts at all; because competition of a visceral sort is my thing. I hate fighting, losing, getting hurt, conflict; I love the challenge though.

I chase the bus. 70 yards. 75. 80. I begin to slow again; not enough carbs in my diet for that kind of reserve. Not enough exercise either. I follow on foot, incensed. Despite trailing the vehicle the entire alley, the driver doesn't stop at the next bench, just around the corner, 20 yards away. Or the next one, despite traffic keeping her in place almost long enough for me to repeat the process.

I have never before felt the need to call and report negligence on the part of a civil worker. Nor have I needed to kick something quite that intensely. Having loud, swear-filled practice discussions wiu said person and Roleplaying how I wish it had gone down is old hat though.

But not all is lost. I get to speak to a chap by name of Michael (good name, that) who also missed his bus. He walked up behind it, but didn't see it because the light/sign which tells you the route info was broken. We chat, laugh at our similarities - it's comforting to know I'm not he only 25 year old who's afraid to drive for reals, here in california - and I get info that may lead to better employment. He catches his bus minutes before mine, and I'm left thinking, today is only as bad as I let it be.

My phone, however, decides I haven't learned enough yet. While typing his up the first. Time, it dies at 7% because I'm running too many things in parallel. I get to spend my bus ride, trying not to stew.

Work brings some solace; work is where I left Akodo. White oak, lightly varnished bokken, slightly heavier than normal by 8 grams, and 2.465~ shaku from tsuka to point. Mulling the numbers later, I realize this is about .02 shaku longer than my iaito, and wonder if there's any significance.

I set to doing some exercise, Forza - Italian for strength, I am told - which is similar to kata, using the bokken as a weight. Suggestions are to cu lightly, slowly, as if severing a cloud. Good advice, to start slow, especially in any fighting art. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Every mistake in muscle memory for the first couple years stems of practice stems from starting out too fast. Bu I cannot listen. It's like riding a bike, I need a certain minimum gear to pedal at, minimum resistance or it feels... Wrong. There's that love f challenge rearing itself, yes?

Five full cuts, right hand. Five half cuts and my arm aches. Switch dominant hands. Five full, five half. Burning now. Ten each hand, from overhead, into a diagonal cut. My arms burn, my wrist and knuckles ache. The last few swings have me tensing up everything, rerouting strain to muscles used to it, uniting my form. It's a struggle to maintain this as an exercise, instead of just swinging a stick. Another training maxim; go as fast as you can, not as fast as you can't. That one I listened to, and stopped.

My wrists burn. Fiercely. Sheepishly, I realize my wrists are the only thing I didn't warm up. Oh well. Good to see something concrete to improve. A quick jaunt to Wallace to look for backpacks, then back to work to start my shift.

Customer one, a man who obviously waits for me to be distracted before grabbing a beer. He walks out examining his wallet- almost. I stop him, ask about whether I could see under his jacket. He hesitates and the game is mine. Obvious win on round 2, it's all in how he handles himself from here. Scenting the kill, I continue. I ask about his left jacket flap specifically. He looks confused, gestures to his right. Haha, too obvious. I pull my shirt on the left side and he does similar out of sympathy, then clenches, obviously holding something. Some more hassle has him say he did lift his jacket and now I'm harassing him. I go for the gold; "could you put the 24oz can of budweiser on the counter hen, please?" I have him. A half bluff, but the specifics, my certainty, he's not getting away. He puts it on the counter, tries to buy cigarettes before I tell him to leave (again). He does, of course. I'm sure I look angrier than I am.

Afterwards, the shakes. Flutteriness. Adrenaline fatigue, and It Hits me. I was tensed, measured breathing, ready to jump the counter and chase I I needed to. I was looking for a fight, instinctively. The realization calmed me down pretty quick, and I again reflect, it's only as bad a day as I let it be.

So I head to the pony thread, Intent to purge myself. Vent as a form of meditation, I guess. Words have weight. I could honestly send Tess to no one and I'd still feel better. Will I post? Probably, but this wouldn't be the first time I have "said my peace" and deleted it, content.

Today is only as good or bad as you let it be, friends. How is your day going?
    Blarg, you have my sympathies for a dodgy day. Glad you didn't let it get you down (plus those are some rather good words to live by).

How's my day ... um ... well, I just had lunch? Yeaah ... nothing much happening here besides ponies ^^;;

Sigh, I should probably get back to work shouldn't I?

Hmm, while we're at it, why don't we do a survey?

For those interested in a PbP ponies game, which system would you prefer: RP is Magic or Pony Tales?
    Given those descriptions I'd probably go for the RiM over PonyTales, if only because I havent played any tabletop RPG before like D&D or traditional d20's.

That said, I don't mind learning, so its not a strong preference on my part. Can put me down for both, the whole thing sounds like good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    EDIT: (Why are they so many RP posts now?)
    A few pages back, somepony said that everyone was welcome to RP ... so everyone started to do just that!

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Second Hand gazed up at the white marble buildings rising behind the gate leading in to Canterlot. He'd never been to the city before, although he'd heard about it countless times; ponies said it was a magical place, the sort of place where anything could happen. A part of him had to agree; after all this was the home of the Princesses, and the seat of Celestia's Academy.

As they passed the guards at the gate, the pegasus gaped at the pastel explosion of ponies moving through the streets, coming and going on every sort of errand imaginable. As they turned down the alley, the pony turned his head in every conceivable direction, taking in even the back alleys of the city with eagerness. When the view through the broken wall appeared however, Second Hand stood transfixed, unable to move or speak for a moment.

At last, tearing himself away from the sights, the clockwork pony managed to recover himself, and addressed his companions, a note of excitement growing in his voice. "This place is amazing! I can't believe you two live here!" Suddenly, in the midst of his excitement, a doubt crept into his mind and he stopped short, overwhelmed. "Y-you will be able to find Tinker, right Charger? This city's so big...and you only met her once...I-I really need to find her."

((Actually, I was planning on moving on to Canterlot soon; you picked a good time to move things along))
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gates were the same as always. It was possible to become numb to the majesty of the city if you didn't set your mind to preventing it. Charger smiled distantly, remembering her foalhood dream of becoming one of those guards. What had happened to that ambition, she wondered?

"Well, if I am to take the lead..." Charger said, but it was almost to herself. She already knew where she was going to go, turning down a narrow alley that became a set of stairs leading downwards.

The corridor was a sally port, designed to allow defenders to slip undetected behind enemy lines in a siege. It was old, cold, and wet. Bright green plants and slippery moss grew in the stone. And then, halfway along the corridor, the wall to the right just broke away completely. A tree's roots had woven through the stone and expanded, collapsing the wall and opening the corridor to the outside light. Through that broken wall was a sheer drop down the mountain and a spectacular view of all Equestria.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Igneous followed along behind the party, enjoying the view of the unfamiliar quarter while simultaneously preventing any of that from reaching his face. Several other ponies got out of his way, although whether it was from respect, fear, or simply due to the unstable contraption on his back he couldn't rightly say.

Inwardly he sighed, he could understand the pride other guard ponies felt in their service, but sometimes he just felt that all this needless rigidity got in the way of their work as much as it helped.

It was about then that they passed by the broken tunnel wall, and his facade cracked as he saw the vista it provided.

"Woah, that's a view and a half" he said as he took a moment to poke his head out. Looking down proved to be a mistake, and he soon withdrew, his face sporting a slight tinge of green.

"Bit of a drop though." he mumbled, edging towards the other side of the tunnel.

Recovering, albeit slowly, he continued to walk along behind the others. While his expression remained neutral, his eyes darted rapidly from place to place, taking in the sights as they traversed the old streets of Canterlot.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Barbarian in the Playground

... It just occurred to me that it may not have been a good idea to post the first chapter of my story on page 46 of a thread. x.x Oh well, if it gets overlooked I can just try again.

I'll pop in again tomorrow morning to see what's going on in here, but I think I've had enough computer for the night.

EDIT: @BlasTech: I posted the first segment about 4 posts above this one, I think. I'd appreciate any and all commentary up to and including "you suck, go die."
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-10-10 at 10:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378

I have work far too early in the morning, I think I'm going to go to bed a little early tonight.

I have syncronized the entirety of My Little Pony Season 1 in HD to my iPod for the inevitable deadlock traffic into Boston at seven in the morning.

Goodnight everypony.

(Mids, I'll post back from work tomorrow. I'm sorry, I just don't have another post in me right now. )
    *Midnight gives ponycuddles!

It's totally okay, Titanium. I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow (I have to go to the doctors+financial stuff+work), so my own responses will likely be a little delayed from hereon, so I do understand. You have a good night now!

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Side effects of death have been known to include: absence of breath; absence of pulse; absence of brain wave activity; absence of metabolic activity; rigor mortis; decompostition; distressing body odour; hair loss; reduced libido; impotence; sterility; limited mobility; attraction of scavengers.
    Should you begin to experience a combination any of these symptoms it is recommended that you consult your nearest cleric, shaman, necromancer, white mage, or witch doctor. You may be advised that death is not for you, and could be prescribed with an alternate metaphysical conditioning more suitable for your needs.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    A few pages back, somepony said that everyone was welcome to RP ... so everyone started to do just that!
    You know, that whole rp thing seems interesting...

Oh Lord, I can't do it. Nevermind. Ignore me...

I'm going to bed... Night everyone...
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-10 at 10:15 PM.