New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi]Chronicles of the Impaler: Crisis of Infinite Draculas OOC

I've got two tests coming up on Wednesday, so I might be absent here for a few days.

It's a slow paced game so no concern of disaster, but still, best to say.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am back now. Sorry for the wait, I'll post with Harry, Shiki, and Touma in a few hours.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

I've got an exam Thursday as well.

I also don't quite know what's happening in the game since I left.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #814

So, question time- how should Panty and Stocking react to mundane bullets? Near as I can tell, they can't hurt mundane humans, and mundane human weaponry can't hurt them. However, I'm not so sure I should go with that.

Anyone have a better idea? Please?
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm going to say that they should hurt but not be fatal. If anything I'd go with the toonish nature of their series and say any mortal weapons should essentially effect them as they would a Looney Tunes character.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

6. - Top - End - #816
    Pixie in the Playground

So if Nico Minoru can join the cast of Holy Grail War, why can't the competition's answer, Raven, show up? The Grail War is very important to at least three player characters, so a bit of expansion on it might very well be awesome.

7. - Top - End - #817

If you want to play Raven, she can be brought in. You'll need to think up a good servant for her though.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Pixie in the Playground

Raven Roth
    Spoiler
    Show

Note: Raven's powers are tied to emotion, and as such, she has trained herself to calm all strong feelings so as to contain her powers. She has achieved this through daily meditation, mantra[11] and utilizing chakra. Unfortunately, this has left her slightly schizophrenic and considerably emotionally repressed.
    + Telekinesis: Raven can, through concentration, move matter with her brain, making it float, or even reshaping it. This fluctuates based on how stable she is and how hard she's concentrating, but on a good day she can lift dozens of objects at once, or a few tonnes. Whenever she takes control of something, it is covered in the same dark energy that composes her soul-self.
    + Solid Constructs: Through concentration, she can create simple domes or walls of force, usually acting as barriers against attack. She can project solid bolts to be used as projectiles, or a steady stream of solid force. She has also been shown making razor sharp blades to cut through obstacles, and floating platforms to ride on.
    + Dimensional Travel and Teleportation: Raven can transport herself out of existence, then back somewhere else. She can use this technique to travel vast distances on Earth, or to teleport by momentarily displacing herself and then re-appearing in another location. She can also pass through walls and obstacles by simply teleporting past them, giving the illusion of intangibility.
    + Empathy: Raven is psychic, and very highly tuned. The power to sense the emotions of others, allowing her to gain insight into their thoughts and intentions, and even experience their own feelings. Raven can absorb the pain of others into her own body in order to induce rapid healing for them, and can heal herself by going into a trance of emotional calm.
    1.) Emotion Negation: She can also use her empathy to steal emotions from others, rendering them emotionally "numb".
    2.) Empathic Healing: She can absorb the pain of injured people to ease their suffering, and induce rapid healing.
    3.) Soul-Self: Raven can manifest her "Soul-Self" through astral projection. It normally takes the form of either her human shape or a giant raven.
    4.) Astral Projection: Through the use of her soul-self, Raven can project her consciousness into the mind, for therapeutic purposes (to aid in her own meditation, or to help calm an agitated ally), or for offensive attacks, rendering her enemies unconscious.

Now as for her servant, a few big names instantly suggest themselves. Strictly speaking, we have a bersearker, an archer, and a saber (that I know of), plus whoever Nico has working for her (I sense a brawl coming).

So that leaves Caster, Lancer, Rider and Assasain. Which is still unlimited potential. Now since we don't have a traditional hero, I'll pick one.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-13 at 05:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819

I have Assassin, Rider and Caster ideas for Nico's Servant so pick which ever you want.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Pixie in the Playground

My first plan was Liu Bei, with his noble phantasms Zhang Fei and Guan Yu (which would be appropriate, you have to admit), but I decided that too many extra characters was too much like work, so instead I went with the perfecter of the art of war.

THE SLEEPING DRAGON

Spoiler
    Show

Caster

Legend
    Once up on a time, there was a man who lived through a period of turbulence, attempting to rise above the chaos inherent to the era of warlords and restore the glory of the Han. He was benevolent, virtuous and kind, but he would have been doomed to failure if not for Kongming.
    Zhuge Liang was a peerless politician and strategist, close to infallible, who served Liu Bei. He was a wise adviser, who recognized that his plans would not ultimately build a kingdom, but his lord's noble character. He served as the chancellor of Shu Han during the Three Kingdoms period of China. He is often recognized as the greatest and most accomplished strategist of his era, depicted wearing a simple white robe and holding a fan made of crane feathers. Kongming was not only an important military strategist and statesman; he was also an accomplished scholar and inventor.
    His wish for the grail that made him hold on, was to finish his lord's dream and create a land of benevolence, fidelity, honor and respect.

Class: Caster
    Master: Raven Roth
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Sex: Male
    Height: 176cm
    Weight: 64kg
    Weapon: Fan of Crane Feathers, if you can call it a weapon.

Personality Traits: Cool, calm and collected.
    Quirks: Manipulates simply because he can.
    Dislikes: Fatuousness, Stupidity, and Rudeness

Tactics
    Zhuge Liang is unmatched in this field. He's pragmatic, intelligent, careful, and more or less infallible. His intellect is vast enough to do anything that can be done. He tends to stand back and observe, then suddenly ending matters in a decisive way, taking advantage of something that his opponents didn't even think to notice.

The Wind that Scattered
    Type: Natural
    Range: 50 miles
    Maximum Targets: One Million, four hundred thousand (the exact size of Cao Cao's army)
    At Chi Bi, Zhuge Liang called the wind that scattered his enemy's fleet, crushing his imperial ambitions and rescuing the allies from certain defeat. What exactly took place during the ritual is unknown, some say Zhou Yu had learned of the changing weather by consulting a local fisherman, others say that Zhuge Liang predicted it himself and went through the ritual to add mysticism to his already fearsome reputation, while some claim he really did posses power to make the weather do as he wished. Regardless, when Zhuge Liang calls upon the storm, the elements listen. Unlike his usual methods, this is direct divine intervention that over-rules whatever is occurring at the moment, instantly turning the weather into his favor. This can be anything from an unseasonal wind, to a tempest that devastates cities, however it's use as an offensive weapon on it's own is limited. Rather, it relies on it's master taking advantage of the opportunity it represents.

I'll figure the rest out later. Something about humiliation (he once insulted two people so much they spat blood and died), some sort of Sherlock Holmes style ability (letting him instantly read patterns and people with tremendous insight) and something explaining why a caster has no means of performing actual magic.
    Approved?
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-14 at 07:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821

Approved, I'd suggest giving him some actual magic (which it is possible he had given the rest of the setting) but make it a kind of subtle analytic and tactical magic. Letting him learn all he can about his opponents and then strike at their weaknesses as well as give him control over the battlefield.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

Zhuge Liang believes (and he might well be wrong about this, he's a genius but he's not always right. He thought Liu Shan was the man to lead Shu, and look how that worked out (Liu Bei should have dropped him on his head a lot harder, or maybe gone for a spike kick)) that one gets the servants they sub consciously want to complement themselves.

Raven got an advisor and teacher, who is always perfectly in control of himself and remains capable no matter what the circumstance. Because she is not overly self-confident, and often feels overwhelmed.

Harry got Salem because, since accidently killing Ginny (was that accidental?) and finding himself estranged from his friends, there is an element of self-loathing and a desire to be part of a group again (or maybe I'm reading too much into it). In his heart of hearts, he's still a good guy, and feels he deserves to be judged. Furthermore, he seems to feel alone all the time, hence summoning a collective.

Shirou desires to save the world, but feels a little overwhelmed with, well, everything, and so he gets an older, considerably more capable and self-confident version of himself, who can act on his desires, rather then just dream about it. Admittedly one who wants no part in his younger self, but that's beside the point.

And Mickey is exactly the sort of person Alex would want to grow up to be, judging by the show anyway.

As for powers, I suppose it could be done, though I was going for more the sage archetype then the magician archetype, with a bit of the trickster thrown in. Perhaps he can change atmospheric conditions with his fan and his perfect understanding of chaos theory, waving it a month beforehand so on the day he has the weather he desires. Or perhaps he can see the future. Or something like that.

But really, he's not that sort of hero. Zhang Fei and the strength of ten thousand men and could kill people with a shout, Guan Yu had the horse that could gallop a thousand miles in a day and didn't feel pain, but Kongming? He is someone who can design a repeater crossbow, predict the weather or his enemies with such precision he seems able to actually predict the future (though I suppose we could act on that), and make the enemy think they're winning right up until he hits them in the chin with his masterstroke and defeats them completely. He's not overly good in a direct fight, but he did once scare away an entire army by sitting in the middle of the battlefield calmly sipping tea (such is his reputation, and the humiliating defeats he'd tossed out before, that his enemy was convinced it had to be a trap and didn't dare advance).

In short, his power is his knowledge, and his wrath is slow to waken but terrible to behold.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-14 at 07:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #823

I wasn't even thinking like that before but it fits. I'll have to keep it in mind for Nico.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Pixie in the Playground

Truly, the subconscious is a wonderful thing, that can produce such symbolism without any intention.
    Though it does lead to certain logic. Hero can often be interchangeable with role-model, as often the function is to be a figure of awe, and aspiration. So, to a lesser or greater extent, the servent is defined by surmounting the adversity the summoner itself must overcome.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-14 at 11:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Depends on what definition of hero you use, but essentially, that's correct. How far would the anti-clothes plague spread, and would it work on magical clothes? Like the clothes that Panty and Stocking rely on for their powers?
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

Not at all. Hero is defined by the deeds accomplished, whether it is in the Greek sense (essentially, power), the christian sense (usually matyrdom, always acting in a manner that God approves of), or whatever other sense, it's always deeds accomplished, and deeds accomplished means overcoming adversity.
    As for the clothing plague, I'll leave that up in the air for someone else to deal with.

17. - Top - End - #827

Sorry everyone, I just wrote up a big update and my computer ate it. (Never tell windows updates 1 more hour and then go to the bathroom.) There shall be a proper post tomorrow though.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

I still have no idea what's going on...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #829

The Batgirls would be aware of the disturbance in the cafeteria the result of Katniss pissing off Panty and Stocking, and Souske stumbling onto the scene to retrieve his bag of weapons after losing it in a fight with Maka and Soul.

Tim is also now in the school looking for them.

That is all you need to know to jump in right now. Further in depth summary will come tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Pixie in the Playground

Apologies for the long absence:

So, Zhuge Liang as a Servant! I like it! Will one of his Noble Phantasms involve the use of lots of repeating crossbows?

Let's only hope that Cao Cao doesn't show up...

But then again...'Shuo Cao Cao, Cao Cao Dao'.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Pixie in the Playground

Cao Cao was more dangerous because of the solid bedrock of his support. Yes, he was a very skillful statesmen and leader himself, extremely cunning and opportunistic, and more lucky then makes any sense, but any of the premier generals could have done for him at any handicap, and as a strategist, well it was a very good thing he had such an eye for talent, because he was exceptionally vain and overly-confident.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

Exactly. He was a back-stabbing harpy among backstabbing harpies. And from his rise to his fall, he could be counted on...to mess people's **** up.

The main Chinese proverb concerning him ("Shuo Cao Cao, Cao Cao Dao") is the equivalent of 'Speak of the Devil' in English.

23. - Top - End - #833

I make no attempts to hide it. What I am currently reading, playing and/or watching is more likely to make it's way into these games. Hence the Disney sitcoms and Power Ranger playing such major background roles (I've been doing a lot of babysitting lately).

Idris comes from Cassandra Clare's Immortal Instruments series. A series I don't find Twilight bad in terms of narrative and literary quality but massively disappointing. At times it seems as if the author took her world and built it specifically around every urban fantasy trope that I dislike. Roughly it is a secret country from which a secret order of partly Angel blooded men and women wage war on demons. In the early 90s the local Voldermort rip-off Valentine lead a coup against the established government because he considers other magical races to be as bad as demons. In the books he failed but here he succeeded with the aid of the Librarians.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

And so Bookburner destroys yet another story, and becomes more powerful yet. And for a change, he uses his powers for good.
    I took a look at the series when you mentioned it, as I tend to, and I have to concur. You're right, it's not as bad as Twilight, but that's about the highest praise I can give it.

Industrious, as for what's going on, our characters are all still in the process of discovering it. Darkblade's set up a complex plot, and we're only beginning to get all the pieces. But for basics, we know that Bella is a program for overwriting magical beings to put them under somebody's control, we know that Edward Cullen is an agent of Shield, and we know that the Cullens are seeking refuge in the Free Kingdoms. Hope that helps a little.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-07-29 at 09:03 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Pixie in the Playground

It's a coincidence, I didn't intend him to that South Park Character. Just a name. But now that you've brought it up...
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Pixie in the Playground

Touma is with Shirou, being menaced by the beginnings of an angry mob.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

27. - Top - End - #837

My policy with new characters in this game is to google them as soon as I see a name I didn't already see. That said someone from South Park would be an ideal host for Hansel.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Pixie in the Playground

Colesign? Is it really feasible that Gary was able to determine that? You know your character better then me, of course, but since only three people know about the biological weapon, two of whom are Panty and Stocking, I find it very unlikely he was able to trace any sort of signal, since there wasn't any electronic components besides, and certainly no data transfer.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Pixie in the Playground

My thought was that Gary merely looked up footage from one of the school video safety cameras, and saw the footage of Souske having a knockdown fight with P&S, then deploying the clothes eater bomb.

Gary looks up CCTV footage all the time on his show. I might have assumed too much in deciding that there are lots of video cameras in the school grounds.

I can retcon if you need to.

30. - Top - End - #840

I can attest to that, I watch Alphas all the time. Gary constantly uses his ability in that way, checking CCTV footage to text messages to basically anything that involves electronic signals.

I'm so pumped that Alphas is back.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-08-08 at 04:34 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.