New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default My Little Pony in the Playground (Discussion Thread)

Vote here!

Another exciting ITP Competition. Now with more advertising!

The Categories:
    •Twilight Sparkle
    •Applejack
    •Rarity
    •Rainbow Dash
    •Fluttershy
    •Pinkie Pie
    •Derpy Hooves

The Nomination Thread can be found here.

This contest's trophies are provided by the lovely Soft Serve.

Rules and stuff by Lord Herman the Great.

How the contest works
    An ...in the Playground contest is like an election. People are nominated for a category, and then the playground votes for them. The winners get a nice, shiny trophy. The contest is divided into several parts:

Pre-nomination Campaigning
    There's usually some time before the nomination thread is put up. In this time, people can already start campaigning for whatever category they want to be nominated for.

Contestants can post a campaign speech in this thread at any time during the contest. If they PM me with a link to the speech and a tagline, I will link to it from this post.

The Nominations
    During the nomination round, people can nominate any three people they want for each category. At the end of this round, I count the nominations, and the top three nominees in each category will go on to the next round.

The Polls
    In the second voting round, everyone gets to vote for one of the three top nominees in each category. Whoever gets the most votes gets a gold trophy. There are also silver and bronze trophies for second and third place, so if you're one of the final nominees, you're guaranteed to get a prize.

If the top nominee of a category doesn't win in the polls, he or she gets a Magtok Award. It's a small brass statuette of Lord Magtok, the first one to win such a prize. Unless Magtok says it's ok.

The Results
    After the results of the contest have been posted, there's some time for the winners to post acceptance speeches, for the losers to complain about the results, and for everyone to suggest a theme for the next round. Also, there are waffles for everyone.
    The Rules
    As with every contest, there are a few rules. Please read these; failing to abide by them can result in disqualification, or worse, a stern talking-to.

A - General Rules
    1. All forum rules apply as normal in this contest. So no flaming, trolling, or pulling hairs. There may be a lot at stake in this contest, but you are expected to keep it civil.

B - Campaigning
    1. Keep all campaigning in this thread and your sig. Do not post in random thread to beg for votes.
    1a. Also, don't PM people to ask for votes unless they have given their explicit permission.
    2. Mass bribery is not allowed, but you can bribe individuals. So offering to bake a cookie for everyone who votes for you is not allowed, but you can bribe specific people with a cookie.
    3. Threats are allowed, but they must be within the forum rules. Threatening to assassinate someone in the Stabbity Death thread is okay, but threatening to derail their play-by-post game is not.
    4. Vote trading is not allowed.

C - Nominations
    1. You must nominate three people for each category, or abstain from that category.
    2. You can't nominate yourself.
    3. You can only nominate active board members. It doesn't matter where on these boards they post, as long as they do so regularly. Someone who isn't likely to accept their prize (the Giant, for instance) isn't an eligible nominee.
    4. You can't nominate the same person for multiple categories.
    4a. Someone can't be a final nominee for multiple categories. If someone has enough votes to be nominated for multiple categories, they only get nominated for the category they have the most votes for.
    5. You can only post once in the nomination thread, and that post must include your nominations. Comments should go in the main thread.
    6. You can edit your nominations at any time before the nominations are closed. Any nominations edited after that will be ignored.
    7. You must post the categories in the correct order.
    7a. Any categories you abstain from must be included in your post, with <abstain> written under them.
    8. Don't post 'joke' nominations, such as intentionally nominating people for random categories, or nominating non-existant playgrounders. Counting nominations is a lot of work, and I don't have time to dig through piles of poorly conceived jokes.
    8a. Nor do I have time to dig through piles of incredibly witty jokes, worthy of William Shakespeare himself.

D - Polls
    1. You can only vote for one person per category.
    1a. You can abstain from any category you wish.
    2. You can't vote for yourself.
    3. You can only vote for final nominees, and only in the correct category.
    4. You can only post once in the polls thread, and that post must include your votes. Comments should go in the main thread.
    5. You can edit your votes at any time before the polls are closed. Any votes edited after that will be ignored.
    6. You must post the categories in the correct order.
    6a. Any categories you abstain from must be included in your post, with <abstain> written under them.
    7. To be included in the polls, you have to accept your nomination by responding to the PM I send you. If you don't accept, or if you don't reply within the specified time, your place in the polls will go to the next person in line.
    7a. Only accept your nomination if you intend to run in the polls. Dropping out at a later time is not acceptable, unless for legitimate reasons such as the tragic death of your goldfish.
    7b. Specifically, do not drop out or fail to campaign in favour of another contestant. The voters decide who wins, not the contestants among themselves.
    7c. Do NOT murder your goldfish just so you can drop out of the contest.
    7d. No 'unfortunate accidents' either. I mean it. Leave the fish alone.

Common sense applies. Don't try to rules lawyer these rules.

For now, this thread is here to let people know about the competitions and stuff, but once they actually start, this thread will be used for disussing votes, enticing people to vote for you and so on. The competition timeline is simple. The first week will be nomination week where you nominate people for each position and so on, then that weekend is campaign week, wher the various nominees try to encourage people to vote for them or dicourage voting for others. Then, it's voting week where you vote on the various positions, and finally, the winners will be announced and the glorious trophies will be handed out.

I'd be ever grateful if you all spread the word about this competition and make sure everyone knows about it.

Yadda yadda yadda. Please tell me your ideas here.

Campaign Speeches:
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2011-10-19 at 09:51 AM.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony in the Playground (Discussion Thread)

Awesome!

Hmm, which pony should I campaign for? Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, or Pinkie Pie? Augh, can't decide.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

If the MLP werewolf game is anything to go by, you make a pretty great Twilight Sparkle. Does anyone think I have a chance at any of these?
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-09-14 at 10:50 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    If the MLP werewolf game is anything to go by, you make a pretty great Twilight Sparkle. Does anyone think I have a chance at bay of these?
    Thanks. I think I will be campaigning for Twilight Sparkle. Campaign speech coming soon!

I think you're faithful and strong enough to be a good Applejack. Or whoever you want to be.

Love wins. S'agapo.

5. - Top - End - #5

Whoo!

Now I have no idea who to campaign for, or if I even should campaign.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I wanna run for Applejack.

I mean, jeez, I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA.
    Plus, she's just so darntootin' cute <3

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

7. - Top - End - #7
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Twilight Sparkle or Rarity for me. much as Rarity is *the* best pony the only thing I have in similar with her is some of her obsession with cleanliness (can abide dirt, can't abide bits of food).

I would be a good Twilight Sparkle because I'm a complete nerd like her, love studying my chosen obsession (maths rather than magic, but maths *is* magic, right? right? ), and am not particularly great socially. Yes, I probably would end up doing a sleepover by the book, haven't had a sleepover since I was about 8.

I dislike parties, although I will go to them if my friends are there. For periods in my life, I have avoided talking to people and making friends in favour of spending time with my obsessions in Maths and Computers. I'm quite intelligent (no matter how much I insist [jokingly] that there's nothing in my head to damage ).

Probably the only thing I have that Twilight doesn't have is a sense of humour. No, wait, that came out wrong. uhhh... I can tell jokes a bit better than her. She has a sense of humour. Umm. Crap.

So yes. Vote for me! I'm Twilight Sparkle! Honest.

Edit: I also love being organised. I get twitchy if I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2011-09-15 at 02:25 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

8. - Top - End - #8

smile Re: My Little Pony in the Playground (Discussion Thread)

Dear Princess Celestia,

Since you took me on as your student, I’ve been trying my hardest to follow in the footsteps of your protégé, Twilight Sparkle. The lessons that Twilight has learned, I have learned as well, on my own journey. Now’s my chance to demonstrate to the world what I’ve learned about the magic of friendship.

I don’t know how many besides you and my closest friends know this, but I started out on the same path as Twilight Sparkle. For most of my life, I was prideful and antisocial, placing my studies, my own abilities and intelligence, above my friends. It was your teaching that slowly melted my heart and allowed me to embrace the magic of friendship.

I’ve learned so much over the years. My friends have been with me through everything, all the trials and struggles of life. Just as Twilight Sparkle set out to defeat Nightmare Moon on her own, so I initially spurned the aid of my friends in my fight against evil and for my own perfection. But I soon learned, as Twilight Sparkle did, that this was not a journey I could take on my own. My friends have been there for me, every step of the way.

We’ve all been given unique gifts to bring to bear in the fight for good, just as Twilight and her friends wielded the Elements of Harmony. Only together, our gifts combined with the magic of friendship, can we achieve our full potential in our common walk. As for me, the gifts I have been given are similar to Twilight’s. I have my knowledge, my love of books and studies, my practical mind, my knack for the arcane arts. It often falls on me to take charge to deal with practical situations. But I’m still new to the art of friendship, and in more complicated matters, I can rely on my more experienced friends to know what to do. I tend to be skeptical of things beyond my scope of experience, but as Pinkie Pie showed Twilight, so my friends are showing me now to open my mind to wonders beyond what I can comprehend.

I still have a long way to go before I master the magic of friendship. I still have a lot to learn, but I’ve come a long way already. I hope that my journey will make me worthy of the title of Twilight Sparkle in the Playground.

Your faithful student,
    Blue Ghost

Love wins. S'agapo.

9. - Top - End - #9

We have some pretty good candidates for Twilight Sparkle. Hmmmm....I'm tempted to compete against Rabbit for Applejack, cuz she's my favorite ponyof the group, although Atreyu is definitely more Derpy and I'm really rather Pinkie Pie in real life.

I can't decide!!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Llama's a Pinkie Pie. But the competition in that category is likely going to be high.

You'll need an awful lot of candidates for this competition. Though given ponies popularity, I suspect you'll get them.

>>
    I can maybe be Fluttershy if that's ok with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    We have some pretty good candidates for Twilight Sparkle. Hmmmm....I'm tempted to compete against Rabbit for Applejack, cuz she's my favorite ponyof the group, although Atreyu is definitely more Derpy and I'm really rather Pinkie Pie in real life.

I can't decide!!
    I'm just kinda glad someone else loves Applejack <3

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

12. - Top - End - #12

DrowGirl

Applejack is my second favourite pony. She is awesome.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Llama's a Pinkie Pie. But the competition in that category is likely going to be high.
    I AM THE PINKEST PONY and I will be...................FOREVER!!!

I can maybe be Fluttershy if that's ok with you?
    Well, that got my vote.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

14. - Top - End - #14

*Insert Italian accent here*
    But whosa gonna be-a Derpy?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

And suddenly Chumley!

...I dunno, I kinda feel like my playground presence could pretty accurately described by the phrase "derpin' around". Also I wear lots of grey. And don't post that much. And I goddam love muffins.

Really it's just logical.

16. - Top - End - #16

Noting that not many people are campaigning, have you tried linking this thread actually in the Pony thread? Might garner some more attention.

Also, just checking, is it allowed to campaign on behalf of other people, or do they have to do their campaigning themselves?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Noting that not many people are campaigning, have you tried linking this thread actually in the Pony thread? Might garner some more attention.

Also, just checking, is it allowed to campaign on behalf of other people, or do they have to do their campaigning themselves?
    I don't see anything against it in the rules.

Go ahead!

Oh, I will link it right now.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooooohhhhh This contest intrigues me. And I've always wanted to try getting into one of those ITP things. But I don't know who to campaign as! Whatever shall I do?

19. - Top - End - #19

You wanna hear about how I got my cutie mark? Okay!

I never really liked fighting. I mean, no pony does, obviously, but I REALLY didn't like it. I never thought it served much purpose, and it just left a lot of nasty feelings hanging in the air. I mean, yeah, issues have to be resolved, but fighting, wether aloud or with your hooves doesn't solve anything. But...well...no one really listens to me. I'm just the pony who cracks jokes. Who thinks everyone sharing a good laugh is the best sensation in the world; but the fact that I make the jokes means no one really wants me talking when they're mad.

That is, until I figured out why I tell jokes. I always thought it was just for fun...but then, I DID talk when my friends were about to start yelling at each other. I didn't try to talk them down; I just starting singing Lincoln Park lyrics in a gruff, male-trying-to-be female voice...and ending it with 'PENGUINS!' While miming crying. And they started smiling. They almost fell down laughing. It sounds corny, but I've never claimed my friends had good senses of humor. But, back to the topic, I realized-watching cares evaporate, just for a moment...that's something I like. In an Equastria where we're either obsessing over our own problems, or getting bombarded with the problems of others, a moment or two where we aren't thinking about them and instead laughing...it's the best gift I can give, to myself and others.

And that's how Equastria was made!

I throw my hat into the ring for Pinkie Pie. If no one minds, I mean.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

As surprising as this may seem, I'm actually going to apply for Rarity in the Playground.

Now, most people are going to run for this on vanity alone, that kind of thing makes sense given the "Exterior shell" of the character, and while I am quite vested in my own appearance (Why yes I AM the sexiest thing on the boards, thank you for asking. Well, barring certain people who don't need mentioned, but they cheat I swear! =p), I also share one of my special talents with the fashionista.

Making clothing, I design, make, and do the entire process for a good deal of my wardrobe (including some cosplay which I have shared with playgrounders), and am in the process of (at the Request of a friend *COUGH*TAISURU*COUGH*) making a wonderbolts jacket.

If that isn't enough for you, then I also bring to attention the GENEROISTY I demonstrate in real life, including participation in the recent Clean Sweep program my college organized on top of regular blood donations (I'm due for another one in October), and regular projects that I often undertake for friends.. to the point of financially crippling myself in many cases.

However, I shouldn't need to tell you why to vote for me. After all, why wouldn't you?

21. - Top - End - #21

I am totally campaigning for Rainbow Dash. (Come to think of it, I could campaign for Applejack and Twilight Sparkle pretty easily too, but I suppose I should only really push for one.)

She's brave, bold, and a little boastful, and she's the fastest thing in Equestria. I drive my car like an absolute maniac (for the sake of self incrimination I'm not going to explain precise measurements), and I brag about it every single time something happens on the road to my friends. I may not line up much at all with her backstory (which is difficult yes, but I'm sure somepony can), I line up extremely well with her personality. I'm fiercely loyal, to the point where I will put myself through physical and mental pain for my friends; even if they don't realize I'm doing it or even if they don't think they need the help.

I'm also pretty bold, and up in your face. I'm a Homeland Security major, and as such you learn how to pose a proper argument. I never back down from what I believe in, and trust me, if I think you're wrong, you will know it. I don't have much of the arrogance that Rainbow Dash has though.

Bravery is another of her virtues that I feel like I have. I feel that bravery is defined not as having no fear, but overcoming fear. In the first vain, like I said with driving. I am more than confident enough that I'm not afraid of most maneuvers that Rally Racers accomplish, but in the second vain sometimes you can be afraid of the smallest things. While I have been afraid to do something, talk to someone, say something or even before college stand up for myself, I've never once in my life let it stop me.

So yeah! Nominate me (and then vote for me) for Rainbow Dash in the Playground! Because I'm the best! And Rainbow Dash is the best! So that means I'm Rainbow Dash! YEAH!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-09-28 at 08:46 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

22. - Top - End - #22

~”A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, Naboo was under an attack…”~

Wait. What do you mean this isn’t Star Wars ItP? Ended months ago? Well darn! And I wanted to do a big musical number! Huh… So what is the ItP competition now? … Uh huh… I see… You mean… Hooray! It’s PARTY TIME! We’re gonna need cupcakes and snacks and other foods and ribbons and streamers and balloons and lots of stuff but especially muffins for the people running for Derpy of course! And maybe I can figure out how to get some of those cotton candy chocolate milk clouds! So much to plan!

Oh, and of course I’ve gotta run too, even if the competition might get a little stiff. I think I would make a pretty good Pinkie, at least, and most of my friends agree as well! And friends are really what’s important, aren’t they? I mean, without them, I’d be all depressed and gloomy, and quite a few notches crazier in the opposite direction! I just want to spread joy and laughter to people, my friends or whoever else! Parties, helping words, making a fool out of myself, I’ll do whatever!

Ooh, wait, my foot’s a twitchin’! You may want to take a step back! *A grey blur flies through the place you were just standing.* That silly Derpy, must’ve started going the wrong way for the mail again if she was in so much of a hurry! Hmm… Maybe I should give her those oatmeal muffins, even if it is crazy!

Well, anyways, vote Rae for Pinkie Pie please, and I promise I’ll be the zaniest, most pinkiest pony I can possibly be! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve gotta find me an alligator costume!

Oh, oh, oh, I almost forgot, once I manage to actually get this political party set up, everyone’s invited, whether you feel like voting for me or not! Remember, pets aren’t only allowed, they’re encouraged! In fact, everyone who brings a pet gets a special cookie shaped like their pet! That’s really all I have to say.

*Boogies off* Ain’t no party like a political party and this political party’s by Pinkie!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

23. - Top - End - #23

Hello bronies. Look at your campaign, now back to mine, now back at your nomination, now back to mine. Sadly, that campaign isn't mine. But if it were well structured with three points it could be mine. Look down, now look back up. Where are you? You're on GiantITP Forums reading the campaign your campaign could be structured like. What's in your mind? Back at me. I have it. It's a campaign that tells you to nominate GFawkes for Fluttershy ITP. Look again, the campaign is now butterflies. Anything is possible when your campaign is well structured and not just there. I'm hugging Fluttershy.

Think I'll need to throw my hat in for Fluttershy. While I could qualify for Twilight, I present my reasoning for my nomination suggestion:

1. Whenever I sign up for a PBP, one of the first things I ask is whether or not Raptoran characters are allowed. I've always enjoyed the idea of being able to fly under my own power, though have been unable to in a human body. "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." ~~ Leonardo da Vinci

2. I brought the Free Hugs campaign to my high school. While the school itself was very integrated already (my entire graduating class could name anyone else in the graduating class), it did allow the quieter kids, myself included, to be more vocal in the school.

3. There is a theory passing around the internet that Fluttershy is autistic, specifically Asperger's Syndrome. As the old childhood retort goes, takes one to know one. As an Aspie myself, I can say with 98.45% accuracy that Fluttershy is an Aspie. She lack social confidence, is much better with animals than her own species, and possesses little aggressive behavior. The last item can be broken with rather extreme but predictable results. When an Aspie is denied something, the process of acquisition goes persistence, guile, brute force.

In summary, Fluttershy is a friendly and nonviolent (mostly) pegasus who is able to resonate with me due to a shared mental ability.

yay!
    Last edited by GFawkes; 2011-09-18 at 11:41 PM.
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #24

Glad to see more people campaigning!

Be sure to send Shiro your campaign speeches, everyone! I don't want mine to be the only one listed in the OP.

Love wins. S'agapo.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Um... Everypony... I'm not interrupting, am I?

I was just wondering, if it wouldn't be too much trouble I mean, if you would let me be Fluttershy, if that's alright with you.

You don't have to, of course. I'm sure that there are plenty of others who would make a much better Fluttershy. Um... You know what? Just forget I said anything, and go vote for somepony else.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Blub blub campaign speech. Very well then.
    Firstly and most saliently, I firmly believe in combining brevity with the most awkward form of loquaciousness at my disposal. Therefore please expect this campaign to be as abrupt and awkward as the pony herself.
    Secondly, muffins, man. While yer humble campaigner's hardly alone in a deep appreciation for all aspects of muffindom, I don't see Jibar anywhere so y'all gon' have to take my word for it.
    Third, the cosmetics. Derpy probably needs glasses. Tengo gafas. Derpy's gray. Llevo ropa grisa. And some amarilla, don't worry 'bout it.
    I kinda tend to show up in threads suddenly and drop anvils. Or just kinda say something awkward and leave. Mostly the latter, but anvil dropping's not unknown.

So on and so forth. Row row fight the powah, Moff 2012.

27. - Top - End - #27

Alright. My Playground brony friends, consider Twilight Sparkle.
    Star student of Princess Celestia. Intelligent and knowledgable, but perhaps a little socially awkward. What else comes to mind? Magic. she likes magic, she's good at it. Definite interest in the supernatural in general. Also interested in history and culture.
    Also books. She likes books. She seems to have spent most of her time in Canterlot in the library - one of the other ponies there said she seemed more interested in studying/reading than in other ponies. When she doesn't know something, she looks it up in a book. And when she's feeling annoyed at being sent to Ponyville in the first episode, Spike (Her best friend, who knows her better than anyone else) tries to cheer her up how? By reminding her that she will be living in a library.

So, to recapitulate:
    Intelligent, knowledgable, a bit socially awkward. Likes magic, the supernatural, history, culture.
    Really likes books, to the point that a library is perhaps her ideal home.

Who in the Playground fits these criteria?
    Who else.

Vote CurlyKitGirl for Twilight Sparkle in the Playground.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #28

DrowGirl

Damnit, us other Sparkles aren't going to have a hope in hell with Curly in the running, are we?
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Damnit, us other Sparkles aren't going to have a hope in hell with Curly in the running, are we?
    No, we're not.

Let's make it a good race for second place though.

Love wins. S'agapo.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Is Curly still active? I remember at least one post in the "goodbye" thread...
    Either way, she probably has this on lock with no effort expended whatsoever. Which is pretty impressive.