New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

I'm watching the NA WCG finals between CDE (Chicks Dig elo, basically NA CLG+TSM + DYRUS) v Dignitas. Dignitas as a +1 advantage in a Bo3 because they came out of the winners bracket.

Game one was INTENSE. Like, oh my god you could feel the tension in their voices. Game 1 is about to start. :D

2. - Top - End - #422
    Banned

^ Regi's streaming it here.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

CDE just won. I'm pretty happy. I like seeing Dig lose, seeing as they were so highly lauded before IPL etc.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    CDE just won. I'm pretty happy. I like seeing Dig lose, seeing as they were so highly lauded before IPL etc.
    They sound very pumped to go to Korea.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

GOING TO KOREA

They do indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Also they have Jatt, who played in the Canada qualifier and so isn't eligible to play in the US qualifier, but he's playing anyway.

To be honest, I like the NA and CA teams more than the pro teams they come from; Dyrus/Regi/Chauster/Saint/Xpecial puts all the "it's cool kids, come at me bro" types on one team, and Hotshot/jiji/OddOne/ChaoX/[whoever the 5th is] puts all the high-strung genius types on one team.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

I like Regi's new tagline.

"I spank kids mid" indeed.

EDIT: And as soon as I post that it's suddenly all GOING TO KOREA. Man, they're exited about that.

Also, ADS EVERYWHERE.
    Last edited by Duos; 2011-10-24 at 12:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    To be honest, I like the NA and CA teams more than the pro teams they come from; Dyrus/Regi/Chauster/Saint/Xpecial puts all the "it's cool kids, come at me bro" types on one team
    That is seriously, like, the BEST team in the ****ing game. So great. Jesus, if they actually played I would watch no one else.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Also they have Jatt, who played in the Canada qualifier and so isn't eligible to play in the US qualifier, but he's playing anyway.

To be honest, I like the NA and CA teams more than the pro teams they come from; Dyrus/Regi/Chauster/Saint/Xpecial puts all the "it's cool kids, come at me bro" types on one team, and Hotshot/jiji/OddOne/ChaoX/[whoever the 5th is] puts all the high-strung genius types on one team.
    Its elementz.

Xpecial doesn't fit on the NA team, him and Chauster are the calm ones who keep Regi from imploding in the desire to get first blood, Dyrus from imploding because he doesn't give a ****, and saint from imploding because... i dunno, he's saint.

But wow, those games were intense.

edit: WCG will be hard though. Dunno who's come from Germany, but I'm sure the French team will be good (between Sypher and M...). The Chinese team will be good, and the Korean team will probably be good as well. Not to mention the Canadian team...

i'll have to see brackets before I make any assumptions about who will win.
    Last edited by toasty; 2011-10-24 at 01:50 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Colossus in the Playground

Just found my new favorite Vayne-build for Dominion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Boots + Ruby + Longsword > Phage > Black Cleaver + Boots 2 > Stark's > Zeal > Whatever (got GA & finished Trinity in this, was gonna get a QSS last tho IE was also an alluring alternative). I really like massing Attack Speed on her; proccing W infinite times while enemies have to build Armor to counter Black Cleaver & Stark's is so good. Trinity I'm not too happy about but it's the most synergistic slow item to get; Entropy & Mallet provide no ArPen, no ASpd, no crit chance. And you obviously want a slow item on the map. Funny how enemies were able to stack Armor initially against a team with 3 magic damage dealers. Luckily Vayne doesn't care.

Oh, bonus quiz: Guess who was afk on our team for 5 mins?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xin Zhao. And yet he still managed most caps and second best KDA. Wow. The team was kinda...special in general. Xin also bought no boots and wanted to capture middle; in other words, he wanted to ensure he'll never make it to top. And unsurprisingly, we lost Windmill at the start.

Then at a point, Shaco captured enemy bot. At about that time enemy was 5-man pushing our side of the map; Shaco stood at their bot "defending" it. From minions, I guess, given none of their champions were within half a map from there... He wasn't even backdooring points nor coming to help at our bot. He just stood at the enemy bot.

EDIT: I just realized, we only need a champion that starts with Q and we'll have all the English alphabet covered. Of course, could use another D champion so we wouldn't have to resort to the "Dr." part in Mundo, but strictly speaking we're done once we have a QQ champ.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-24 at 06:28 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    EDIT: I just realized, we only need a champion that starts with Q and we'll have all the English alphabet covered. Of course, could use another D champion so we wouldn't have to resort to the "Dr." part in Mundo, but strictly speaking we're done once we have a QQ champ.
    Dog and someone else made a LoL Alphabet thing that went on to the Summoner Showcase, Q was QQ I think. Champion I'm working on is named Qaera.

~

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Dog and someone else made a LoL Alphabet thing that went on to the Summoner Showcase, Q was QQ I think. Champion I'm working on is named Qaera.

~
    Aye. That said, it's old. We have Yorick to cover Y now; Mundo can take Q. And Alistar got his place in the sun.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-24 at 08:20 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mundo can take Q. And Alistar got his place in the sun.
    The meta abhorred Alistar when it was made because he "sucked" then it abhorred him when we finally released it because he was in the middle of getting nerfed a ton.

Also if you think I'd switch out Q is for QQ noob feeder gay, R is for Rammus ...okay for something with lameo MUNDO in it... you've got another think coming.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #434
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aye. That said, it's old. We have Yorick to cover Y now; Mundo can take Q. And Alistar got his place in the sun.
    Rammus's little tag line below should be "Transforms and rolls out" instead of just ".......okay"

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Rammus's little tag line below should be "Transforms and rolls out" instead of just ".......okay"
    That doesn't rhyme

(oh also I'm retconning it to K is for Karthus, his Requiem kills, L's for LeBlanc who bursts with 1337 5K1LL5)
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    The meta abhorred Alistar when it was made because he "sucked" then it abhorred him when we finally released it because he was in the middle of getting nerfed a ton.
    Yeah, I know. I was merely pointing out that this was a long ago. Amusingly, this nerfed Alistar is still more popular than the OP AP Alistar of the days of yore (indeed, favored support of many of the top teams AFAIK).

Also if you think I'd switch out Q is for QQ noob feeder gay, R is for Rammus ...okay for something with lameo MUNDO in it... you've got another think coming.
    Mundo makes his name work where he pleases.

17. - Top - End - #437

That doesn't rhyme

(oh also I'm retconning it to K is for Karthus, his Requiem kills, L's for LeBlanc who bursts with 1337 5K1LL5)
    Most of them don't rhyme individually, but I see your point. However, I thought it would be better to have a funny tagline rather then giving up. Either way it breaks the rhythm.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2011-10-24 at 09:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Most of them don't rhyme individually,
    They all rhyme...
    BANG → !

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

So today I gave myself a new, brave assignment: to study the magic of jungling in a very dangerous environment that is ranked solo queue.

Spoiler
    Show

Tryndamere was last pick and never said anything the whole game, even if he was pissing off our Annie when he duo'd mid after bot lost miserably. His build has Guardian Angel as one of his core items. Then all he does is relentless pushing and finally gets that Bloodthirster. He also becomes another tanky person to supplement our Talon, Annie and Graves who had short lifespan issues. He also scores some very important towers. My jungling phase was kinda meh as well (didn't manage to get kills in ganks), so I just decided to farm as much as possible. It paid off because tank Nocturne initiates like a boss.

So, basically:
    • Never lose faith. (Trynd was dreadful early on)
    • Have a backup plan. (For me it was farming the jungle until I finally surpassed Gangplank and used the advantage in teamfights; also, I tweaked my build a little bit to compensate for the fact they have no AP damage)
    • Play champions with very flexible builds for maximum carry potential (Nocturne can do everything except AP burst)
    • I can't find any MLP playlists on the internet so that I can listen to all the songs on loop during games
    • ELO Hell doesn't exist
    • Moreover, I advise that Carthage must be destroyed.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2011-10-24 at 09:44 AM.
    Mordekaiser for president.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Carry Soraka!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Moreover, I advise that Carthage must be destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    So today I gave myself a new, brave assignment: to study the magic of jungling in a very dangerous environment that is ranked solo queue.
    So, yeah, Trynd is awesome like that. Sometimes I've wanted to just try to say "screw fighting, I'ma gonna rage push." Although it helps to not suck in the beginning, I'd say. Still, good job. Right now I'm just imagining you guys going straight to a tower where you proceed to take it down while Trynd ult-tanks it, and then leaving before the enemy can really respond. I doubt that is how it happened, but... that'd be cool.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, tryndamere is obnoxious. How exactly am I supposed to keep him crowd controlled for 5 seconds? It isn't enough to just ignite him after he ults, because he still heals for nearly 300 at the end of his ult when he consumes his fury. I kinda feel like I just have to hope he's bad and messes up the timing on his ult.
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Yeah, tryndamere is obnoxious. How exactly am I supposed to keep him crowd controlled for 5 seconds? It isn't enough to just ignite him after he ults, because he still heals for nearly 300 at the end of his ult when he consumes his fury. I kinda feel like I just have to hope he's bad and messes up the timing on his ult.
    You have to ignite him ~3+ secs into the ult. This'll cut the heal in half and kill him after.

25. - Top - End - #445

Yeah, tryndamere is obnoxious. How exactly am I supposed to keep him crowd controlled for 5 seconds?
    You don't have to keep him CC'ed for 5 seconds. You have to keep him CC'ed enough that you can kite him for 5 seconds. (Or you have to shut him down and win before he can explode your team in 5 seconds).
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Just put a damage-over-time healing-reduction on him. Healing-reduction is optional if you can stop him from getting any Fury to heal himself with. There, no more Trynd as soon as the ult wears off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

So:
    *stop him from hitting things to get fury to heal with
    *kite him
    *shut him down

So, basically, win before he can get a phantom dancer?

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

So:
    *kite him
    *shut him down

Slow him, disengage away from him, remind yourself that if all he has is a Phantom Dancer and tier 2 boots he still isn't that big of a threat... if you can't do all that, just Exhaust him once he engages, duh, winning.
    Mordekaiser for president.

29. - Top - End - #449

So:
    *kite him
    *shut him down

Are we talking teamfight or 1v1 here? And which champion? Many champions have repeatable slows; just establish a distance and he'll die. In teamfights, he just gets mass CCd and dies so those are a foregone conclusion.

There's some melee champs that have trouble 1v1ing him but most ranged carries with redbuff, most melee champs with CC and most mages should have zero trouble taking a Trynd 1v1.

30. - Top - End - #450

what is this I don't even (warning: somewhat disturbing)

ಠ_ಠ
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!