New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Hmm, something odd is going on here. I moved two of the lampposts a block to one side to make room for a path, and now they seem to be using way more power than they should be. They're identical to every other assembly, but I tested it, and with a supplementary generator, and me feeding it batteries, it was still draining power faster than it was recharging. This strikes me as peculiar. I've taken down the luminators for now, but really, it shouldn't be doing that. This just me?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hmm, something odd is going on here. I moved two of the lampposts a block to one side to make room for a path, and now they seem to be using way more power than they should be. They're identical to every other assembly, but I tested it, and with a supplementary generator, and me feeding it batteries, it was still draining power faster than it was recharging. This strikes me as peculiar. I've taken down the luminators for now, but really, it shouldn't be doing that. This just me?
    No. When I tried the design in SSP, it didn't work for me either.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

That's normal. Luminators have a internal storage of 10k EU, which they will fill up as fast as they can. This is what makes powering them somewhat tricky, as they don't just turn off once you remove power and drain as much power as they can.
    You first need to put up the solar panels and batbox, let that charge up and then put on the luminators. (So they fully charge from the batbox at 32EU and then continue getting power from the panels.)

Nevermind that, however, as zain and me are currently figuring out how to centralise this.

Also, Togath, that ban is pretty much permanent until further notice (which is unlikely to occur). You are free to keep posting here though, if you want. You done goofed, son.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    That's normal. Luminators have a internal storage of 10k EU, which they will fill up as fast as they can. This is what makes powering them somewhat tricky, as they don't just turn off once you remove power and drain as much power as they can.
    You first need to put up the solar panels and batbox, let that charge up and then put on the luminators. (So they fully charge from the batbox at 32EU and then continue getting power from the panels.)

Nevermind that, however, as zain and me are currently figuring out how to centralise this.
    Ah, ok. That explains it. I'll let those sort themselves out then while I keep working.

Also, Togath, that ban is pretty much permanent until further notice (which is unlikely to occur). You are free to keep posting here though, if you want. You done goofed, son.
    And... I can't resist. Consequences will never be the same!

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    A quick question, is my ban a temporary ban(a few weeks to a few months) or a permanent ban?
    Also should I stop posting in this thread now that I'm banned from the server?
    That's what happens when you go explosion crazy, dude. That's not acceptable behavior around here. What did you think would happen??
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2012-02-04 at 03:43 PM.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

So, I have to ask.

Firstly, what is the deal with the streetlights? Some of them seem to be fully operational, others not at all. The power station has a nuclear setup now, that's good.

Secondly, Domo, map please? (I'm not afraid to grovel!)
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    So, I have to ask.

Firstly, what is the deal with the streetlights? Some of them seem to be fully operational, others not at all. The power station has a nuclear setup now, that's good.

Secondly, Domo, map please? (I'm not afraid to grovel!)

a) the streetlights are to be hooked up to a power grid that is synched with their amount, which will come today, i suspect. Right now they got no power.

b) I'm trying, but for some reason Cartograph has decided that APPCRASHing with a MSVCR90.dll error is the better choice here. No idea what to do about that so far.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-05 at 11:44 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Domo, I was reccently directed to your LP, and I must say, it's probably one of the best LP's I've ever seen!

I was wondering if you are ever going to be updating to 1.1? I'm fairly certain that most, if not all, of those mods have been updated to 1.1, and it would give you a lot of new options (melons turning into melon slices that stack for cheap food sources and being grown from vines as a renewable resource and abandoned mines being two of the important ones).

Your current plotline gives you a perfect 'in game' excuse to update as well, there's no telling what the 'oops' did.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

9. - Top - End - #849
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Domo, I was reccently directed to your LP, and I must say, it's probably one of the best LP's I've ever seen!

I was wondering if you are ever going to be updating to 1.1? I'm fairly certain that most, if not all, of those mods have been updated to 1.1, and it would give you a lot of new options (melons turning into melon slices that stack for cheap food sources and being grown from vines as a renewable resource and abandoned mines being two of the important ones).

Your current plotline gives you a perfect 'in game' excuse to update as well, there's no telling what the 'oops' did.
    Domo is not running an LP, I believe you are referring to DestroYersuls.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Domo is not running an LP, I believe you are referring to DestroYersuls.
    *headdesk* Yes... typos > me.

Anyways, question still stands.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

No, I won't. Iskandar tries to keep his updated, but it has a tendency to break the world more often than not. Plus, while most? of the mods have updated, some of the item/block IDs will have changed due to new blocks in 1.0/1.1, and even 1.8. Hence the breaking of worlds. That's something that I'd just rather not deal with. I have limited enough time as it is without mucking about for ages trying to get the game to work again.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

No, I won't. Iskandar tries to keep his updated, but it has a tendency to break the world more often than not. Plus, while most? of the mods have updated, some of the item/block IDs will have changed due to new blocks in 1.0/1.1, and even 1.8. Hence the breaking of worlds. That's something that I'd just rather not deal with. I have limited enough time as it is without mucking about for ages trying to get the game to work again.
    Ahh, yea that would be a problem. Particularly because Buildcraft now requires waterproof pipes for transportation of liquids and stuff like that...

You've inspired me to start psudo-scripting at least the intro to a RP-based Let's Play. I don't know if I'll actually be able to get it going or not, but you're the first LP'er to inspire me since Coestar's Coe's Quest got me hooked enough to buy the game.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, yea that would be a problem. Particularly because Buildcraft now requires waterproof pipes for transportation of liquids and stuff like that...

You've inspired me to start psudo-scripting at least the intro to a RP-based Let's Play. I don't know if I'll actually be able to get it going or not, but you're the first LP'er to inspire me since Coestar's Coe's Quest got me hooked enough to buy the game.
    Good to hear. It's always nice to get positive feedback.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #854
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't want to be a complainer but the server is down, not sure why. Any info on when it will be coming up would be nice. I wouldn't care except I have a breeder running in heating mode and don't want it to blow up if I miss when the server is up again.

That is all, thanks.

Update, I see it is back up, but IC2 Advanced Machines has been added v3.1.
    Last edited by Detrepid; 2012-02-06 at 11:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so with the other map generator not working i checked out a couple different ones.

Programs tested:

Minetographer
    Pro: -
    Con: So far unfixable Out of Memory error upon rendering.

mcmapDZ
    Pro: Fast (measured in seconds), small map sizes (~100mb for everything), google map style, uses non-google code (smooth scrolling), has day/night/nether/caves/biomes viewing options
    Con: Blurry, washed out colors, may have leaf coloring issues

Example: Here

Overviewer
    Pro: High map clarity, day/night/nether/caves/biomes/minerals viewing options, google map style, fast on subsequent renders/uploads (caches, only upload changed files), deep zoom, can add markers manually, might be able to render this directly on the server (so no uploads)
    Con: Big map size (~1.5GB per viewing option), slow initial render
    , no interface (command-line only), needlessly complex documentation, renders all signs as markers (even those underground)

And of course none of these render custom blocks so far. Opinions?

In other news, Advanced Machinery 3.1 has been added to the server, due to their addition of solar panel arrays. Please get the apropriate client here.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, so how does this 'cyclo-macerator' work?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

Rotary Macerator. Like a Induction Furnace it takes redstone power to spin up (at 1 EU/t) and then macerates things (at 16 EU/t) fast.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so with the other map generator not working i checked out a couple different ones.

Programs tested:

Minetographer
    Pro: -
    Con: So far unfixable Out of Memory error upon rendering.

mcmapDZ
    Pro: Fast (measured in seconds), small map sizes (~100mb for everything), google map style, uses non-google code (smooth scrolling), has day/night/nether/caves/biomes viewing options
    Con: Blurry, washed out colors, may have leaf coloring issues

Overviewer
    Pro: High map clarity, day/night/nether/caves/biomes/minerals viewing options, google map style, fast on subsequent renders/uploads (caches, only upload changed files), deep zoom, can add markers manually, might be able to render this directly on the server (so no uploads)
    Con: Big map size (~1.5GB per viewing option), slow initial render
    , no interface (command-line only), needlessly complex documentation, renders all signs as markers (even those underground)

And of course none of these render custom blocks so far. Opinions?

In other news, Advanced Machinery 3.1 has been added to the server, due to their addition of solar panel arrays. Please get the apropriate client here.
    Are you looking for in game maps or out of game maps?

For out of game maps, I use Minutor. It's trivially easy to use. It doesn't output custom blocks, however it does have customization ability, so theoretically it could be customized to recognize block ID's and paint them appropriately.

For in-game, I use ReiMinimap, which I believe does output custom blocks like Oil and such.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hate to do this twice in one day, probably related to the new mod/update. But Neither Sagitus or I can get on the server right now so I suspect the server is down. This is not intended to be for complaining purposes just FYI to server admin people. I've ran servers and know how demanding players can be.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, the server threw a IndexOutOfBounds exception... don't remember that one happening before. What did everyone on the server do immediately before it did that? (Could be the return of the shift-click into machine crash.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-06 at 10:49 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I was wrenching some old solar panels I think, but there could very well be some shift click bugs on the advanced machine. I know there has been issues with it in the past.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I had been shift clicking ores into the rotary macerators throughout the evening without noticing any harmful effects. At the time the server went down I was just excavating a cavern though, not using any machines.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Couple questions.

1: Who owns the somewhat intimidating fighter craft flying around near the solar array.

2: Are any of the interior lights hooked up to the lighting grid? The buildings all look rather dark inside.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

1. I do. It is one of the experimental crafts send from command back home together with a small batch of machinery. Took it out for a spin to see what it can actually do.

2. No they aren't. They're connected to the nuclear reactor, which ran out of fuel and subsequently power again. We really need to do something about that. (Probably put down a straight line from the solar array to the generator line and make that the primary power source. The current thing is too reliant on someone checking in regularly to refill the reactor.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865

1. I do. It is one of the experimental crafts send from command back home together with a small batch of machinery. Took it out for a spin to see what it can actually do.

2. No they aren't. They're connected to the nuclear reactor, which ran out of fuel and subsequently power again. We really need to do something about that. (Probably put down a straight line from the solar array to the generator line and make that the primary power source. The current thing is too reliant on someone checking in regularly to refill the reactor.)
    With the advent of solar arrays, replacing the reactor with solar panels then using the reactor space as a distribution center may work.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    With the advent of solar arrays, replacing the reactor with solar panels then using the reactor space as a distribution center may work.
    Somwhat ahead of you there. I put down the cable from the light power line again and upgraded the housing power grid to MFEs with LV transformers to Batboxes in the basements. So everything now runs off of the solar array currently (4x MV Solar Arrays at 64 EU/t a piece). I suspect we can free the spot the current reactor is standing on up (above ground. Underground will still be the box room, where the light net splits from the housing net.) for more housing or a different project entirely.

...man, high time for the overhaul of the luminators that was mentioned in the IC2 forum. (Specifically, disable the internal storage, so they wont flicker and we can turn them off during the day for that extra bit of power saving and elegance.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-02-07 at 05:45 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

I am currently in the process of moving the Ironspine building to a new location, so you can use that field for a solar array. The footprint for my building is simply too large to fit within the arranged space.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right, sorry to fall off the face of the 'net folks.

I've been busy preparing my house for my girlfriend, and other real life things. As Domo will tell you, I am still funding the MP server, even if I'm not there.

I'm planning a tentative return to my LPs next week, probably late in the week, once Em settles in.

Thanks for being patient.

(you know, I'm not sure about the whole RP MP thing, but hey, you guys seem to be having fun, so maybe I'll just observe.)
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    (you know, I'm not sure about the whole RP MP thing, but hey, you guys seem to be having fun, so maybe I'll just observe.)
    It's been pretty casual so far. So far, the extent of our roleplaying has been inspiration for general project themes. It has inspired a brave new world, so to speak. It does sound odd, but I have a lot of fun with it.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Right, sorry to fall off the face of the 'net folks.

I've been busy preparing my house for my girlfriend, and other real life things. As Domo will tell you, I am still funding the MP server, even if I'm not there.

I'm planning a tentative return to my LPs next week, probably late in the week, once Em settles in.

Thanks for being patient.

I'm enjoying it as well, if not just because it gives everyone a reason to build in the same general area.

On a unrelated note, would anyone mind if I tore down the dry dock, restored the old shore line, the re-build a docking station/port thing there? I would also need to tear down Arcanomages old hut thing.