New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

I am really unexcited by the new champ. Not sure why.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

New masteries to replace the old ones. I'll post it here for the lazy at heart people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another update that we’re excited to share with you is Season Two’s new mastery trees. Coupled with new summoner spells , these new masteries will present players with even more strategic options as we head into the new season.

Variety is the Spice of Life

As they are currently designed, the masteries in League of Legends tend to support a small number of optimum paths depending on the champion role. With the redesign we want each champion to have a variety of choices depending on your particular playstyle. For example:
    •In the Offense tree, the new options are equally viable for champions that specialize in either physical or magical damage.
    •Defense has new options for initiators who want to increase their movement speed, or gain increased gold from kill assists.
    •The Utility tree provides new options for players playing support champions. For instance, they can use the new masteries to increase their passive gold gain and starting gold, so they can get the items they need faster.

In addition to supporting a greater variety of champions in each tree, we’ll also be increasing the number of options available at each level of the tree. No matter how you choose to specialize, every role has new options within masteries for improving their effectiveness.

Equivalent Exchange

We also wanted to normalize the value of each individual mastery point across the mastery trees. As we have added more items to the game, the value of altering certain stats has changed. With the cost-benefit relationship of each stat more strongly determined through all of this iteration, it made sense to reevaluate the masteries with this new data in mind.

In the new system, every point matters. Each mastery point that you spend feels like a strong, impactful choice.

Spellbound

Finally, we wanted a better way for players to select the masteries associated with their chosen summoner spells. Presently, selecting a mastery aimed at augmenting a particular spell might involve specializing deeply in a specific tree, even if it’s primarily focused on stats you’re not interested in increasing. Currently, reducing the cooldown on Flash requires heavy point investment in the Utility tree, which isn’t optimal for some roles.

Under the new system, each tree will now feature a tier 1 mastery that will boost all of the summoner spells associated with it. This way, all summer spells can be amplified at low cost, opening up the field for new strategic combinations, and affording you the ability to still specialize in the tree most closely associated with your combat style. Additionally, by giving summoners the option to select these highly-impactful masteries early, new players now have compelling choices available to them as early as level 1.

More Options, More Impact

These new changes to the mastery trees will provide you with better customization options for your champions each time you take to the Field of Justice. Additionally, you should no longer feel that some masteries are simply more powerful than others or that you’re obliged to specialize in one tree or another in order to boost a particular summoner spell. Instead, you’re free to focus on new strategic options, and new combinations that improve your combat effectiveness.

I think this is pretty awesome. I like how the masteries are getting redone. The current masteries are sooooo beta.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2011-11-12 at 01:40 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

And I'm back again with another build question! This time, what's a good build order for Cassiopeia? Summary of what I've been doing until now below, am I doing it right?:

I typically start with Boots1 and a mix of potions, and upgrade to Sorc Shoes when I've got the money. In between that or immediately after, I usually build a Revolver for some spell vamp, and later turn it into a WotA. I've had quite a bit of fun with WotA and spell vamp, so I usually rush it first after Boots2.

Following that, I build a Deathcap, because Deathcap. But after those two, I'm not really sure what to do. I've experimented with all of the following: Kage's Pick -> DFG, Abyssal Scepter, Archangel's, and Rylai's, but I feel like most of them (except maybe Rylai's) are just extras. I usually grab Blue whenever it's available, so mana is really only a limiting factor during my early game (and even then it's fairly manageable).

On the defensive side, if I ever bother, I've only built a Banshee's. I'm not really sure what to do for the physical side, if I should even be getting some tankiness. Maybe a Frozen Heart for the extra mana and CDR? Throughout the game I'm also getting wards and the buff potions too, since I don't usually like leaving with gold left over. Should I be more conservative with those?

My apologies for the wall of text.
    Youmu "Myon" Konpaku avatar by Prime32, avatar creator extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Colossus in the Playground

WoTA, Rylai & Cap are coreish for Cass. She also has next to no mana issues thanks to her passive which is sorta awesome. Then you just get Void, defense (GA, QSS, Banshee, FH, Randuin, whatever suits your fancy) or any such.

RoA isn't awful on her but it feels kinda superfluous since the big thing about it is the mana and she doesn't really need it. Tho Catalyst is still a good laning item. Other AP items like Zhonya, Abyssal, DFG, Revolver, etc. are obviously fair game on her too, depending on the gamestate and what you need.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #395

Season 2 Masteries released. Much more logical system, to be sure.

- I really like the new Defense capstone, though giving 10% CC reduction may be a bit much.
    - The new Offense capstone feels underwhelming; much worse than old Havoc to be certain. The alpha strike matters at least as much as the finish and this helps not at all there.
    - Alacrity recieves a much-needed buff.
    - Mental Force is even more worthless than Archmage's Savvy is currently.
    - Arcane Knowledge nerfed but still a must-have.
    - Offense actually offers relevant options for casters now with Blast and Archmage so 21/X/X in Offense will be more interesting for non-hybrids too (speaking of which, how hybrid masterying will go now will be interesting).
    - Weapon Expertise will be really interesting to see out in practice. Sunder being so high probably makes under 19 Offense builds extinct on AD carries.
    - I really like the consolidation of summoner spell enhancements to level 1. No longer do you have to run 21 Utility if you carry Clairvoyance, for instance.
    - Nimbleness removed. Seems like the Dodge removal is coming. I'll want compensation for my Dodge runes.
    - Kinda like the new Health masteries. Significantly more Health overall available from these; 9 in Defense is still interesting and the capstone is 3% more.
    - Defense has CDR/Level and Movement Speed. My mages will often consider 9/21/0 now.
    - Utility Mastery only 1 point now. X/X/9 on Junglers.
    - Utility has much more Gold available now. Supports thank.
    - Perseverance for 9% Regeneration increase? That might be useful on lane.
    - 3% Spellvamp from Masteries; caster laning just got easier (Cassiopeia <3 this).
    - Towerwrecking skills included. Don't think they'll be very interesting but we'll see.

Consolidated:
    - Defense got a huge buff.
    - More Move Speed available.
    - CDR in every tree.
    - Equal AD and AP options on just about everything.
    - Tons more parallel options; listing Masteries will be more complex than "X/X/X" now.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #396

I... don't even know what to say. I will completely and utterly reserve judgment on how well it works until it... well, is out and working. I must say, though, I actually am deeply appreciative of Riot for the effort, however it turns out. And, some of the new concepts for masteries do look pretty awesome.

Also, dat Juggernaut capstone.

... And, wait, increased starting gold? Whaat?!? I am... curious to see that one in action.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-12 at 03:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397

Oh! Bonus energy on Expanded Mind now. Seems like an auto-snab for any ninja (and especially Shen).

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I looked at the masteries, but I'm going to have to do some serious theorycrafting on patch day and figure out what I want for my pages. I'd do it now, but I'm lazy and I played ten hours of skyrim today. So I think I need to do something else...

9. - Top - End - #399

Also, patch preview is up. Kind of sad Sion is just getting outright nerfed; I still feel that he needs a makeover in general. Bringing AD carries in line with each other is probably not a bad plan. The Kat change, although likely ineffective in doing anything, is kind of a cool extra to Kat. Actually, I would love Riot to think of other champs to do stuff like that for.

And yeah, I noticed that Eldariel. Was like "Oooh. Finally, something for the ninjas!" I wonder what, if anything, combining this with energy runes will do for them.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400

Oh, Patch Preview is out. They smacked Sion for no reason and Cait got another nerf (better hope it isn't major or she'll be back to her release state).

Corki & Tristana buffs could be dangerous given how strong they are already. MF buff has been coming for a while, of course (ever since Cait got buffed to her present state, really).

New Masteries, yeah, way too much to digest right now. New summoners coming too. Support's choices will be hard now. If the Heal is as good as they're advertising, it may actually be a consideration and there'll be Surge too. And then you still prolly need CV; now you might need two per team.

EDIT: Ninjas.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-11-12 at 03:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Also, patch preview is up. Kind of sad Sion is just getting outright nerfed; I still feel that he needs a makeover in general. Bringing AD carries in line with each other is probably not a bad plan. The Kat change, although likely ineffective in doing anything, is kind of a cool extra to Kat. Actually, I would love Riot to think of other champs to do stuff like that for.

And yeah, I noticed that Eldariel. Was like "Oooh. Finally, something for the ninjas!" I wonder what, if anything, combining this with energy runes will do for them.
    I'm honestly angry that they are nerfing sion because I feel that it is entirely a response to Solo Queue QQ. Sion has NO LATE GAME. I don't care what you say, he has a Single Target stun with a 1:1 ratio and a Shield that will probably never go off in a teamfight past the 30 minute mark.

Early game, Sion is completely terrible. like, He's so bad its sad. Pick Cassiopeia and he's dead. If you want someone that can counter push him: Cass, Gragas, and Kennen all have pushing power and/or mobility in their kits. Because Sion is build boots of mobility he is faster than your AP carry middle and he might clear a little bit faster, but that is what wards are and CV are for. He's like TF in a lot of ways: he has a very strong mid game but a bad late game. I would honestly pick TF over Sion because his ganks are better and his late game is better and his early game is better.

ALso: an overall .2 nerfs won't actually change Sion that much. It will hurt, but if they wanted to really hurt him they'd have to go for an overall .4 nerf. The problem with doing that is, of course, you would just make Sion unplayable. I think that's the bigger issue with Sion: the current strategy that has evolved is basically the ONLY VIABLE STRATEGY with Sion, and its one that I find gimmicky and dependent on the enemy lane matchups in any sort of organized play.

But that's just my opinion.

12. - Top - End - #402

I hope the new heal is as awesome as it sounds. I will run it on Jarvan just to fill in the sustain problem associated with him.

And yeah, Sion is... yeah. Like, yeah. He is an even more extreme example than usual of a best case/worst case. If you don't counter him early, then he can snowball quite easily from it, but if you do... bam. Meanwhile, in late game, if you do not have the protection against AP or the ability to shutdown his AD then prepare for massive pain, but if you do... yeah. Again, Sion needs a makeover. He's just too weird at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    I hope the new heal is as awesome as it sounds. I will run it on Jarvan just to fill in the sustain problem associated with him.

And yeah, Sion is... yeah. Like, yeah. He is an even more extreme example than usual of a best case/worst case. If you don't counter him early, then he can snowball quite easily from it, but if you do... bam. Meanwhile, in late game, if you do not have the protection against AP or the ability to shutdown his AD then prepare for massive pain, but if you do... yeah. Again, Sion needs a makeover. He's just too weird at the moment.
    Given the standard Sion-build doesn't even skill his ultimate on level 6, yeah, he kinda needs some work.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Phoenix Udyr doesn't need either so it's generally suggested he goes for gold/10 into bigger items instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Wriggles+level 5 turtle stance makes you so hard to kill, and I like the wriggles proc a lot. It can speed up buffs, dragon and baron taking SO much. Wriggles is, IMO, a fantabulous item.
    Also, I play udyr basically as a full tank besides wriggles and atma's impaler, so that is probably influencing me.
    So Madred's Razor, Boots, Heart of Gold, Philo Stone. Then build HoG and PS out, then Sheen -> Trinity, then Atma's? Though Avarice Blade -> Youmuu's could work as well, especially with Youmuu's active. Will need to learn to work with it as the only active's I've really used a lot were Zhonya's and Shurelia's.

Btw, Runes are currently 9 ArPen Marks, 9 flat armor Seals, 9 magic/level Glyphs, 1 speed Quint, 1 ArPen Quint, 1 AS Quint. (I don't have a lot of Quints, other than those and 3 AP Quints.)
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-11-12 at 03:53 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    So Madred's Razor, Boots, Heart of Gold, Philo Stone. Then build HoG and PS out, then Sheen -> Trinity, then Atma's? Though Avarice Blade -> Youmuu's could work as well, especially with Youmuu's active. Will need to learn to work with it as the only active's I've really used a lot were Zhonya's and Shurelia's.

Btw, Runes are currently 9 ArPen Marks, 9 flat armor Seals, 9 magic/level Glyphs, 1 speed Quint, 1 ArPen Quint, 1 AS Quint. (I don't have a lot of Quints, other than those and 3 AP Quints.)
    If you really must build Razor, then yeah, do that. Otherwise, the Cloth makes a fine Randuin. ASpd Reds are better but those runes are fine. Trinity is generally all the damage you need; then you just build tanky. BV, Randuin, FoN, Wit's, whatever.

16. - Top - End - #406

Junglers as X/X/9? They didn't change the amount of experience gained from camps. IIRC the two golems camp only gives you EXACTLY the amount of XP needed to get to level 2 with the full 5% extra experience. Anyone wanting to go Golems-->Blue will need to go X/X/16 - they NEED level 2 to get their second skill for the wraith camp. This means that small camp initial routes (read: wolves) or full routes (read: blue to golems) will be that much better, as they can afford to take less in utility, and more in Offense/Defense.

Also, what you get out of some points in offense has been nerfed. Attack speed got a minor buff, as did CDR and crit chance. However, there's no more early flat ArPen, which hurts a LOT, as that means having to take more of it on runes instead of say AD or AS. The 10% ArP will be far, far better lategame, but there that mastery will be apparent for everyone, not in that opening clear that matters most.

Worst of all, no more old Havoc for a free 4% boost for a single mastery point. That 4% meant a LOT... I remember it being the difference between insta-gibbing blue wraith and having to tank an additional three or four hits from it (as well as not getting to the small wraiths sooner) as it healed after your CC wore off, on Xin Zhao.

Junglers generally seem to have been nerfed in their initial clears. Do not like.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Banned

So I pick up Kog yesterday, assert my dominance in every Rift game yesterday and today...and watch the patch preview. Oh well.

I'm assuming Riot's working on a more intensive design change for Sivir as part of the dodge rework (no dodge mastery anymore) which is why they're holding off on balance tweaks.

Mastery changes too large to swallow right now, but Tenacity on the Defense capstone is amazing. Moving Awareness down the utility tree sucks for junglers, but apparently they buffed neutral camp XP to compensate so that's all right.

Sion's a victim of blind pick and solo queue. He's very rock-paper-scissors in champion select and very snowbally in game, and he just needs a rework because this schizo design is screwing him over (though AD Sion is actually decent on Dominion).

I'm very much in the "Wait, maybe I'm actually decent at this game" phase of my attitude towards LoL. I think it's on a cycle roughly corresponding with the patch cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I was talking about laning against Talon as Malzahar.

I think? eep. *checks initial post*

Okay, yeah, I definitely said Malz. Which is good because that's who I meant.

I'd certainly think a Kass/Talon lane would go to Kass with equal player skill, though it would strongly resemble rocket tag...
    Oh yeah, I was even thinking of Malzahar when I wrote that, but I said 'Kass' for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

Skip the Razor. You really really don't need it. HoG Philo and then you can build bits of Trinity Force or bits of tanky items as appropriate. Wit's End and Spirit Visage are two other defensive items to consider beyond the usual Randuin's/BVeil/FoN assortment.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-11-12 at 05:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Does Executioner apply to spells too, I wonder? Seems like a thing that could tip over the burst on quite a few champions.

19. - Top - End - #409

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    Does Executioner apply to spells too, I wonder? Seems like a thing that could tip over the burst on quite a few champions.
    Yes. Well, the effect has always applied and now they made Offense much more alluring for Mages, so would be real weird if it didn't.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. Well, the effect has always applied and now they made Offense much more alluring for Mages, so would be real weird if it didn't.
    Jeah, it just reminded me of the Pantheon skill passive. Humm. I don't know. Will this mean that some mages (Cass, Morgana, Annie) will be able to burst you down without using Ignite?

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    "Unable to load folder content." So much for watching efdf's replays.
    oops
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1jfzk7wo7uu9t

should work now

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Early game, Sion is completely terrible. like, He's so bad its sad. Pick Cassiopeia and he's dead.
    take Death's Caress level 1
    have AP runes
    have Feel No Pain
    you can't die

ALso: an overall .2 nerfs won't actually change Sion that much.
    They really will, his shield double dibs from that AP ratio and needs to be as strong as possible.

Sion has NO LATE GAME. I don't care what you say, he has a Single Target stun with a 1:1 ratio and a Shield that will probably never go off in a teamfight past the 30 minute mark.
    It's a normally ~800 health shield that can be precasted on a character with a stun and it has a 4.8 second cooldown, it's hopeless to try and continually burst it down. You're guaranteed at least one shield from the precast, then you can Zhonya's for another guaranteed shield, and Sion's stun is I think the lowest cooldown for its duration besides skillshot stuns like Amumu so it's not like he's useless when his shield isn't up.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't think Sion was meant as a pure AP caster. He's a 2-skill wonder in that case, and he either snowballs hard, or does nothing lategame.

As a hybrid, he's actually pretty strong. Significant burst, and actually gets use from his E and ult. Back when gunblade was absurd, I used to get that thing on him a LOT, and I got pretty silly.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by term1nally s1ck View Post
    I don't think Sion was meant as a pure AP caster. He's a 2-skill wonder in that case, and he either snowballs hard, or does nothing lategame.
    Of course not but since hybrid itemization is absolute ****trash (especially with Gunblade removed) compared to straight AP or AD itemization efficiency-wise, it's the way to go (since AD Sion is a joke build). I ran the numbers on Hybrid Sion pre-Gunblade and it was semi-passable in comparison only thanks to Enrage bonus damage and Atma's + Enrage synergy, but the nerf killed it entirely.

24. - Top - End - #414

I'm going to have to derp with the new masteries for a while before I get something I like, I think...
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

25. - Top - End - #415

Of course not but since hybrid itemization is absolute ****trash (especially with Gunblade removed) compared to straight AP or AD itemization efficiency-wise, it's the way to go (since AD Sion is a joke build). I ran the numbers on Hybrid Sion pre-Gunblade and it was semi-passable in comparison only thanks to Enrage bonus damage and Atma's + Enrage synergy, but the nerf killed it entirely.
    I think you underestimate how strong gunblade and rageblade still are, and definitely underestimate AD Sion. He's like Yi, only with hard CC and his lifesteal is innate rather than itemised. His only issue is his earlygame, which is solved if you build hybrid and focus more on AD later on.

Plus, his ultimate is ABSURD.

26. - Top - End - #416

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Mastery changes too large to swallow right now, but Tenacity on the Defense capstone is amazing. Moving Awareness down the utility tree sucks for junglers, but apparently they buffed neutral camp XP to compensate so that's all right.
    They also hit the smite mastery by removing the CDR. Five seconds isn't too huge, but the fastest junglers may have to sit around for a little bit, which would be dumb.

On a side note, all online guides will now be 70% useless until (read: if) those guides are updated. What am I going to do without someone telling me how to play?!
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

There's been some talk that dodge runes will be done away completely at some point. Lack of Nimbleness kinda supports this theory. I really hope they're going to refund the rune costs, though. Got both the seals and the Halloween quints - that should net me a fair amount of IP, enough for two new 6.3k champs at least.

EDIT (completely unrelated):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Carry Janna just too strong. My favourite moment was when I towerdove Trist/Karma at level 3 and walked away with a doublekill. Caitlyn had been harassing like a boss, but was fairly low HP so I bit the bullet and went in when creep wave pushed. Walked straight past them to the other side of the turret, with Cait Piltovering from the front and Q&W&E'd them to death. 100 HP left, exit stage from behind. ^^
    Last edited by Adumbration; 2011-11-12 at 09:56 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418

Not slot-efficient.
    Death is the strongest CC, sweetie ;)
    Season 2 Masteries released. Much more logical system, to be sure.
    I think my least favourite thing about this change is the moving up of Awareness. Makes a lot more junglers not as viable 'cause a lot of them have to start at Blue. (EDIT: Missed that they're buffing neutral camp XP) That said, the 3% spellvamp and some of the new defensive masteries might give people like Karthus the stuff they need to still manage it. I'd imagine Lee Sin will like this one the least. Can't spec 21/0/9 take half a camp and go ganking at level 6 by two minutes anymore (EXAGERRATION FOR THE NATION)
    Still gonna be speccing 9/0/21 on characters that I actually care about (CASTERS AWW YEAH) and probably just a straigh 30 in offense on Ezreal :P

:O I just realised! With Flash/Ghost masteries combined this will mean the death of my Squirrel 1/Squirrel 2 mastery pages ;_;

Oh! Bonus energy on Expanded Mind now. Seems like an auto-snab for any ninja (and especially Shen).
    Ehh, it's only 10 energy. I'd maybe take it if I had to and probably on Shen but Kennen and Lee Sin I'd rather have Good Hands + Summoner's Insight.

Patch preview:
    I like the Shunpo change, make her a little more bearable to lane against as skillshot champs. I have this tendency to use them JUST AS SHE SHUNPOS.
    I'm glad they didn't mention Ezreal in the AD carries that are getting nerfed/buffed I think he's pretty balanced.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-12 at 10:02 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #419

Quote Originally Posted by term1nally s1ck View Post
    I think you underestimate how strong gunblade and rageblade still are, and definitely underestimate AD Sion. He's like Yi, only with hard CC and his lifesteal is innate rather than itemised. His only issue is his earlygame, which is solved if you build hybrid and focus more on AD later on.

Plus, his ultimate is ABSURD.
    He's nothing like Yi. He has no gap closer and definitely no auto-refresh if he gets kills. He needs the stun to reach people, at which point they are already gone. Worse, when faced with multiple opponents he can't close in. And the shield is nigh' useless. There's a reason he doesn't see any competitive play whatsoever; he's a pure noobstomper, even much more so than Yi (who can actually be pretty strong in the right circumstances as he gets in there so fast; Sion takes a forever to walk up to anyone, plenty of time to blast him down).

Yes, if AD Sion gets to hit people he's pretty much unstoppable but fact is that more-so than any other melee champion in the game, he's ridiculously vulnerable to CC and ridiculously easy to kite and CC. His ultimate is absurd if he gets to hit people but again, his kit is just really bad for getting in there. He has no gap closers, no speed boosts, no CC reduction, no nothing. All he has is a single target Stun.

Rageblade is weak on champions that can't prestack it. And the one champion that can (Nidalee) isn't interested in it either so it's just bad right now. Again, fine if you get to stack it fully; then it's a great item. But one CC effect and it's all gone; or kiting fight and it's all gone. Plus it's not there in the start of the fight when it counts for the most. It experiences much the same problems as Sanguine Blade on Dominion.

Gunblade is an AP item now. The AD part is just sad; under BFS damage and slightly over Vamp. Scepter of Lifesteal on a 3600 item. Compare it to Bloodthirster; you get under half the damage and 60% the Lifesteal. And obviously BT is much cheaper. Only champs that really care for Gunblade right now are Katarina, Akali and Jax 'cause they gain bonus scalings to put on their AP portion off the AD portion. Only Jax really cares about the Lifesteal.

Gunblade needed to be overefficient to compensate for the fact that you're building only pure numbers instead of multipliers on either side (Crit, ASpd, AP multiplier) to be worth building as a hybrid item. Right now, pure AP gets over thrice the AP of a hybrid build and pure AD gets like 3 times the damage (thanks to crits). Hybrid isn't in the same ballpark as AD or AP Sion. Yes, it can win but either straight option is just much stronger (though obviously, AP Sion is actually strong as in tournament playable strong as delivering the burst is only a matter of walking close, QW in the general vicinity of enemies, walking out; no need to actually reach anybody). They'll need to rework hybrid items for that item path to be viable again.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

so new patch preview and new masteries.

Thoughts:

I'm praying the Trist buff is just them finally fixing the Q bug, she's the 3rd best carry in the game IMHO; no need to go too crazy.

Also in regard to carries; y u no buff Sivir Riot?

Dodge and Nimbleness gone; mixed feelings. if this is in fact a true dodge removal Jax will now have a reliable stun. If it isn't either a slew of new items with dodge need to be put out or they need to remove dodge.

CV nerf, :/. I've never lost a jungle gank to cv; even when I was cv'd at every camp because I couldn't vary my route; wards though do cost me ganks. I think this is more geared to allow non-stealth roaming.

Free spellvamp and life steal... Eeeew. despite all aperences of trying to bring back roaming supports, this really makes the farmfest even more of a farmfest.

Still no stealth rework?

Sion ap nerfs; can I have his 2 second stun back then? Edit: in all seriousness, let the ratio nerf be on the detonate, not the shield size.

Sona nerfs; so just as it seemed like she was interesting the play, lets make put her players to sleep again.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2011-11-12 at 11:26 AM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online