New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXI: The Great and Powerful XXXie!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post

FFA FF RP: FREE Raspberries! (Thbbbbbbbbbt~!)

Spoiler
    Show

Beeskee awws. "No, I don't. I didn't know I needed one." She looks at the unicorn with big, sad pony eyes. *blinkblink* "Sure I can't just give away raspberries here freely?"
    FFRP: Raspberries

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfazed by the weaponized application of cute, the Unicorn guard produced a small handbook from behind his back and flipped to the corresponding page.

"I'm 'fraid not ma'am. Says here that operation of a stand in the Ponyville marketplace is only allowed for registered license holders. I'm afraid you'll need to fill out this form."

He levitated the book with his magic and detached a form from the back. It simply had "I, _________, want to set up a stand for _________. Is that okay?" written on it, with a small area underneath for a witness to sign.

"Hmm" the guard paused, as he read on. "According to the guidelines, I also need to sample ... the produce ... huh."

He flipped forward and back a few pages in confusion.

"I ... don't know if this book was written with this specific situation in mind."

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    IRC? Which IRC is this?
    Easiest way to find it is to look for one of Siuis' posts (the giant green blocks of text) and to click the link in his signature.

Warning, contains dangerous levels of ponysanity.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I know there is a fanpony RPG already written, and apparently plans for a Ponyxalted, but I didn't want to give up on my statting up Rarity in GURPS so...

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity (158 points - probably off by a bit)
    ST 9 [-10] IQ 12 [40] DX 11 [20] HT 13 [30]

Advantages:
    Accessory: Light [1], Appearance (Beautiful) [12], Fashion Sense [5], High Manual Dexterity 1 [5], Magery 1 (Limited: One Talent School) [9], , Telekinesis 1 [5]

Disadvantages: Charitable [-15], Dependent (Little sister, 50% point cost, loved one, fairly often) [-10], Mysophobia (Dirt) [-10]

Quirks: Overdramatic [-1], Loves her cat [-1], Enjoys "cultured" life [-1], Somewhat secretly wants to be a Princess [-1], Needs glasses while sewing (Is probably not full-blown farsightedness) [-1]

Skills: Accounting IQ-2 [1], Acting IQ+3 [12], Artist (Illusion) IQ-2 [2], Connoisseur (Fashion) IQ+1 [4], Current Affairs (High Culture) IQ [1], Current Affairs (Popular Culture) IQ [1], Dancing DX+1 [4], Detect Lies Per-2 [1], Diplomacy IQ [4], Disguise (Equine) IQ-1 [1], Fast-Talk IQ+2 [8], Heraldry IQ-1 [1], Housekeeping IQ [1], Intimidation Will-1 [1], Psychology IQ [4], Savoir-Faire (High Society) IQ+1 [2], Sewing IQ+4 [16], Sex Appeal HT [2]

Spells: Seek Earth IQ [4], Simple Illusion IQ-2 [1], Complex Illusion IQ-2 [1], Measurement IQ-2 [1], Find Weakness IQ-2 [1], Clean IQ-2 [1], Soilproof IQ-2 [1], Dye IQ-2 [1], Copy IQ-2 [1], Reshape IQ-1 [2], Fasten IQ-2 [1]

Notes: Most of the spells are speculative, some are a bit of a stretch. "One Talent School" is kind of like "One College" but a different organization of the spells. Horizontal is left out because it is the default assumption for the setting. No Fine Manipulators is left out because it is assumed it would be glossed over in play, as they seem to on the show.

... I'll leave this here.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    So, I decided I wanted to write a fanfiction.

Not something I normally do. Heck, I've been trying to write a novel for NaNoWriMo! But something just doesn't feel right about it, and I just can't write it now...

I would much prefer to write this! =D

All I have so far is a vague idea of what I want to happen... and a few lines to help set the plot.

Spoiler
    Show

Broken Sun, Broken Moon
    Dissent returns, deceptively soon,
    A ruler's end, her reign brought low
    A rift between sister's steadily grows

Discord's mark upon this land
    A Child who does not understand;
    Chaos' seal is flawed and cracked,
    So begins this newest Act.

"So written, I have spoken. Great rulers are the twins of the sun and
    moon; But not all shall be well, for the return of Chaos marks the end
    of an Era. The fate of all Equestria will rest in the hands of one; the
    sun and moon will fracture in the sky, throwing the order sown by the
    twins into disarray, a roiling bubble bereft of kindness and love.
    Nothing but fear and destruction will follow the one upon whose flank
    is inscribed the mark of the Endtimes; the Broken Disc."

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, I have an idea of having a new character come in, though I still expect the main six to be moreso the main characters. I have no name for her yet, but I want her to start as a young filly, with no idea as to what her future holds.
    I've already got some of her character figure out, too; She enjoys taking things apart and figuring out how they work, as well as fixing things; She is, unfortunately, a klutz as well and more often than not breaks something she's trying to fix. Her cutie mark, (When she got it) Would be half a sun and half a moon, the circle forming the two halves split down the center.

Oh, a unicorn as well, if I forgot to mention.
    I'm a little stuck on how to start, but so far I may just start with Twilight going to visit Zecora in the Everfree Forest... where the two will discover this young filly lost, confused, and afraid.

Looking for a little help I suppose. With What? I'm unsure. Grammar Critique, writing critique (On what I already have, of course) story ideas.
    I should probably put down my ideas on a paper somewhere...
    ... Must have missed this the first time around.

Anyway, I've volunteered my services as an editor and critic to anypony in the thread, and I'd be more than happy to help with this. Just let me know.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

No discussion this time. Just awesome pony:

PMV - The Stars Will Aid In Her Escape
    (Seriously, watch it. The editing on this is amazing)

And some derpy:

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    And some derpy:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok. Callin' it now.

Beeskee for Derpy in the Playground.

Current vote: 1

Target number: let's say 15. Any takers?

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Ok. Callin' it now.

Hmm.

I don't know, I'd have to hear his credentials?

That, and it sounds like there's an amusing story there

7. - Top - End - #367

FFA FF RP: FREE Raspberries! (Thbbbbbbbbbt~!)
    Spoiler
    Show

"I double as both. So, what kind of raspberries would you like?" She glances toward the guard. "Better make it quick, I might be out of business soon..." *sad*
    FFRP: Raspberries

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfazed by the weaponized application of cute, the Unicorn guard produced a small handbook from behind his back and flipped to the corresponding page.

"I'm 'fraid not ma'am. Says here that operation of a stand in the Ponyville marketplace is only allowed for registered license holders. I'm afraid you'll need to fill out this form."

He levitated the book with his magic and detached a form from the back. It simply had "I, _________, want to set up a stand for _________. Is that okay?" written on it, with a small area underneath for a witness to sign.

"Hmm" the guard paused, as he read on. "According to the guidelines, I also need to sample ... the produce ... huh."

He flipped forward and back a few pages in confusion.

"I ... don't know if this book was written with this specific situation in mind."
    Raspberries
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flashpoint looks at the flustered guardpony with a bemused expression. "I guess you're trapped by regulations, buddy." his mouth turns up in a crafty smile. "Seeing as you are on official business, I will release my spot in line to you."

He inspects the form. "It's that easy to set up shop here? Huh. I might just be convinced to put my holiday on hold. My funds have been running a bit low." He strokes his chin thoughtfully.

He leans close to Beeskee. "Say, little filly. If you witness sign for me, I'll sign for you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Siuis
    Seconded!
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Banned

Unrelated to this thread, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vael
    Language was created for communication- communication is conveying thoughts and ideas, hopefully in an accurate manner.
    If you don't say what you mean (IE, lie) that's one thing. But attempting to convey something while at the same time not being straightforwards about it usually just means you're wasting your time, since people have no idea what you're saying, and you just look foolish because you can't properly convey your thoughts or use language as it was meant to be used.

I have a similar philosophy on walking from one place to another, but that doesn't fit here.
    Boy, I wish somepony. Could have said this so clearly much sooner in my life.

I also really want to know what that philosophy is on walking, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, man, but I have to completely disagree. I loved how they made Luna's character out to be. I thought it really worked, from the awkwardness, to the frustration she's so obviously feeling, to her sheer hammy personality at points. I thought it all worked.

Especially the sarcasm. I loved the sarcasm.
    Luna ham is best ham. Now we know where Midnight gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalraxal View Post
    Season 2, Episode 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome episode. *I love how Spike got a dragon costume. *Luna was lots of fun. *Zecora was great, it was nice seeing her again too.

"Tis a lie! *Thine backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
    that line sure was a humdinger. And Spike's costume, indeed, was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Pony Thread! I have returneth after this new episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    I find it satisfactory! Neigh, it is delightful!
    Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Don't have an online one, but here are the basics you should know:

(note: not complete, but good enough for an RP)
    Spoiler
    Show

Any time where you're speaking to a friend, intimate acquaintance or a social inferior you use thou instead of you when addressing them. Their verbs thus have the "st" endings - example "Canst thou see that thou art ruining my night?"

Note - if you're issuing a command, the verb doesn't change. "Thou ruinest my night" means "You're ruining my night." *"Thou ruin my night" means I'm ordering you to ruin my night.

Thy/Thine. Both are the possessive form of thou. Thine goes for objects that start with a vowel sound, thy with those stat start with consonants. "To thine own self be true, and eat thy cake while thou art at it."

Thee - object form of thou. It's only ever the object, so it only goes in places you would also use me if you were working in the first person instead.*

You is plural and also covers the case of formal issues (use it when addressing social superiors, conjugate as normal).

Third person - we went with a different ending eventually, but -th. *He runs becomes he runneth. The cup runneth over and all that.*

So string it all together and you have an example like "Thy princess hath returned after one thousand years of slumber. Twilight Sparkle, surrender thy treats to us, for in thine hour of judgment thou shalt find that we are gratified by thine obeisance and that we shall grace thee with our favor.
    This totally deserves to be reposted. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    My dear sir, you have shattered ALL the previous standards for exiting a room.
    I not only salute you, but I salute you with ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    *bows* thank you! Tis my honor to take a place amongst the Thanqol's and Raz's and Gadora's and Bleakbane's and... *rattles off everypony's name* as silly enough to meet with approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    That is awesome, and you must go to them. If they are not bright pink and plastered in depictions of yellow and blue balloons I will be disappoint.
    I have been seeing a lot more... Interesting things around town, lately...

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    ...Did you draw this just for this occasion?

...Hugz*
    Yes. Yes we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    I would say "just as planned", but this is a nice coincidence.
    Can't remember why I quoted...

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Right, got to dismantle the dining room to dump the carpet, so this means internet will be now down until sometime tomorrow.

Given how things pan out, you may not hear from me until sometime tomorrow evening (when my birthday will be mostly over...) of course, depending when the carpet arrives verses when I have to go out .
    Man. You've just had quite a spell of poor luck, mate. Hope it turns out better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Luna
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's how I see her now :)

I always had this idea that she might be head of the Equestrian equivalent of the Secret Services, but now I think it's more like head of the army as a whole, including such special forces. She makes a fine general, I think.

My greatest disappointment in Past Sins was that I thought it would have been so much more awesome if Luna had to go underground and form a Resistance movement to bring down Nyx/NMM with her sister and Twilight gone, probably recruiting the remaining five of the Mane 6 into her service.*

I always felt she would fit the role of Resistance leader perfectly. That's basically what I always wanted to do with her if I were to write another story about her. And I may yet, once I finish all my other stories.
    I dunno. Kind of, but I think a lot of these lines of thought focus on a modern military setup. I would see Equestrian warfare being more like... A Song of Ice and Fire, myself. Anachronistic and backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    That's embarrassing... I just realized that in my last Cuddlefort post, I wrote "Inkblot" as "Inkwell," because I was just looking at Inkwell's name. D:

Fixed now. *Accursed brain... please don't eat me!

EAT HIM INKWELL
    EAT HIM AND TAKE HIS POWER

On Luna and "Fun"
    Spoiler
    Show
    It just occurred to me that her "what is this 'fun' thou speakest of?" is not because she doesn't know what the word "fun" means, but she's essentially just asking what they have in mind that might be fun. And they go on to show her some examples of what they do for fun. She knows what "fun" means, but not what the ponies of Ponyville considers fun to do.

Does that make sense to others than me?
    That makes perfect sense! I don't think that's how they set it up, but it's a the very least a smashingly cool coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Also what he said. *Though a tiny little space in the middle of the intersection doesn't need to be super sacred by my books, so long as two or more cars aren't gunning for it at the same time.
    And really, sometimes it seems like that's just too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    I wish. Drain-cleaner quality vodka, drunk straight.
    Moscow Kick!

*applebloom kicks things to song MOSKAU*

Yeah!

The amount of art I get in my dA messages seems to have DOUBLED in a day. *

Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat rambling:

I'm sure she can make the necessary decisions. Doesn't change how I see Luna or me thinking she'd make a better general. The commanding presence seems to come naturally to her, while Celestia appears to prefer a more calm demeanor. I also bet she'd be very impressive and inspiring at the head of an army. In a different way than Celestia, that is. I just think it's a role that fits her more naturally, where I feel it's one Celestia only assumes out of a need to do so.

Since Celestia has been ruling Equestria for a thousand years alone and for who knows how long before that, and seeing how Equestria seems to be doing quite well, I'd say she's probably a very skilled leader and diplomat, able to do what must be done.*

I like to think that Luna is more war-like, more aggressive, direct and assertive. And I still like Abby the Abacus, so I'd say she's probably also a very intelligent pony, very good at tactics and lawmaking, although that's not based on the new episode at all.
    I'm unsure why you specify lawmaking, but the rest sounds appropriate.

She is also artfully skilled at at what we now know of as psychological warfare. At the time, though, we referred to it as "It's in my mane oh Celestia my mane the bats are in my mane get them out get them out".

Those were troubled times...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    While that's absolutely true, I'm still going to blame you.

Also, apparently Inglip is a brony!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also can't remember why quoted...

SiuiS, you so crazy. Sometimes it still floors me how much you write. Like I said, the scream was a joke. It's just been a matter of getting around to it this weekend, because quoteposting a SiuiS quotepost is a bit of a project. A fun one, but a project none the less.
    I'm alternating between bashful, proud of my work, perplexed that you guys think this is effort1, and sad I have to make you work.

She's still easily the hardest working pony; granted Rarity is a close second, but still. She's also... They really need to characterize her in canon this season. Badly. Please?
    Yes! More AJ! though I think they are reprising her. She is the Mario; the one who doesn't spontaneously suck so hard at something that they cause fires nearby.

Jade pokes SiuiS in the forehead with a hoof to snap him out of it momentarily. "Yes, yes you are. Don't let the pink one get you again."
    Don't worry! I think someone's duration expired. I'm guessing Bleakbane since he was less doing something on purpose and more Ensorcelling me while I slept with whatever he could pull together.

And a hypothesis; the Pinkie thing was a result of your "mana moulding" interacting with Lix's foal-i-fier I had at bay. Rather than become male and a foal, I somehow... Became Pinkie Pie.

...Yeah.

I really should have nominated you for Pinkie Pie in the Playground dude.
    Would have been fitting XD

OH. ON THAT SUBJECT. Thank you so much everypony for voting for me for Rainbow Dash in the Playground! I tied for first with Serpentine!
    I saw! I also thought it was really cool that you were gonna relinquish the crown too, and why.

I personally refuse to read Cupcakes out of principal. The only other two fics on that list are Rainbow Factory and Molestia. (DO NOT LOOK UP ANY OF THOSE FICS YOU CURIOUS PONIES; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.) I mean they aren't that bad from what I understand, but I don't support that type of fanfic in any way when it comes to an Equestrian setting.
    This always perplexed me. Cupcakes wasn't that bad; my problem was I was sleep deprived enough that I couldn't visualize anything else for a while. Buuuut I used to watch the surgery channel all the time. So it doesn't bother me.

Really, this is just publicity. I trust you, specifically, enough to get a "it's a waste of time" vibe but most people who freak out over cupcakes just seem to be challenging me to read it.

Both of the other fics are also on my list. My "sure, I'll read it eventually" list. (target date 2138).

Seriously, cupcakes is an awesome read, if kinda short. Warning: video does not actually contain what I am implying. This is a joke. Have fun! Click the link.

You know, I said this verbatim to my roommate last night and he didn't catch it? I think I may very well slowly be indoctrinating him to the herd.

...He watched the Nightmare Night episode with me Saturday.
    Excellent! MWAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha!

Honestly, I don't view them as derogatory terms whatsoever. I just view it as the Equestrian translation of the word. Like Everypony is to Everyone as Fillyfooler is to Lesbian.
    Kind of, aye.

I never really was a fan of the Dead Space series in all honesty. I'm not a fan of cheap jump horror, and that's all they really have going for them.
    Dead space is actually a bit more cerebral. It's a shooter with some horror elements more than a horror game. There are no random enemy spawns, it's all quite predictable. And it's beautifully designed from a meta perspective. You play through, unlock some stuff, learn the ropes. You play through again, on hard, and perfect everything. Feel like a champ. You play through on Insane, and you all of a sudden dingbats any respawns.

The sequel is a masterpiece. The hardest mode gives you exactly 3 saves, and you start from your last save upon death. And you already know where everything is; beyond that door is a Leaper, two Slashers and a Lurker. You can drop one with a well placed shot, stasis one and throw an exploding canister at the third. Can you do it before the Leaper hits you? You only have two medkits, so you can only get hit. A couple times before it's not worth it. The last save was three hours ago, maybe I should...? But no, then I won't have a fall back for The Elevator.

You're sweating bullets, terrified, of what might happen. A masterpiece of Lovecraftian gaming. Knowing what's going to happen makes things worse.

Oh you know you love it Filly. </leatherclad Jade>
    ... What. Man, the way these things sound without context <///<;

I'm surprised midnight didn't hit you upside the head for that crack.
    So am I.

T'would have been 'hawt' for any of us most likely. For poor Midnight though, it's most likely 'ewwww'. And I do not blame her one bit.
    I know! No worries. I will never call something 'hawt' and mean it. If I did I would say hot. And...
    Yeah. Not thinking the rest of that through. Ew.

Oh man! Can you do that? Can you die twice?
    Totally! Haven't you heard of the spell Raise Dead? I know a couple of clerics of Ponylor who are more than happy to help out.
    What is this I don't even

I still say this needs to happen. We really need to do a full ponythread meet someday. One of us strikes it rich and pays everypony's flight out to some central location.
    Seconded. I tried to Mathe-magically figure out the beat place, but folks like Thanqol and also Thanqol are such outliers, it throws off the whole equation!
    That and I spilled my juice on my notes and couldn't read them. For which I blame Thanqol.

...Is it bad that part of me wishes there weren't massive amounts of miles separating us all?
    Heck no! See above.

It's no different from a convention, except it's completely different and not different it all! Is it Steve?
    HAHAHAHAHA o course it's not Steve Quick!
    That's preposterous get her while
    Why would you even ask me thatI have
    Oh you're such a kidder*Her distracted!

And two: WAIT. THAT IS A MALE PONY ON THE RIGHT? WUT?
    I do not actually think it is a male pony toy - or at least not intended to be one. I was attribution characteristics from the historical pony to the actual.

I assure you, that pony is as female as I am male.

Midnight, you have just as dirty of a mind as he does, if not more so. Remember, you're the one who put Jade in leather.
    Hm. I need to develop and market a bleach-free mind cleaning service...

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Homestuck... is awesome. I really, really wish that there was more crossover stuff. Specifically the Midnight Crew. (NO ARTS EXIST HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE RAGE RAGE RAGE)

OH LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually really proud of that song adaptation so I'm going to retype it here
    “Spades Slick, the Evil Enchanter”

He’s an evil ENCHANTER,
    He makes evil BANTER,
    And if you look into his eyes
    He will change up your LANTER,
    AND WHAT WILL HE DO?!
    He’ll call on his evil crew*
    And they’ll murder you up,
    AND THEY’LL STEAL YOUR DOG, TOO!!
    Sooooooo….

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!*

AND LOOK WHAT ELSE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I enjoyed the song. I can't remember what everything else is though.

Did you read the posts where Leo was explaining his backstory, Exaltation and the Sol Society to Midnight? I swear it makes complete sense there.
    I'm going to guess, no, I didn't. And I didn't save them either :/

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    nMage: Space is a Lie. All places are oneplace. The only thing that matters is how things are connected. You have more connection to your mother ten thousand miles away than the stranger sitting next to you. The reality that says that your mother is less easy to access than the stranger is a lie that the Truth (magic) can defeat.

Goddamn Space Mages.
    I like that something I conceived of as a lark while in the single digits age wise is the basis for a new age view of reality.

Sadly, in the absence of magic or Sufficiently Advanced Technology, existence is a function in regards to time.
    Well, yeah. But when the pony in question could theoretically punch a waffle so hard you got full, and threatens turned into a duck, and there was a spontaneous fireworks display in Beijing... I find his lack of space mastery to be laziness, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Sure, and I completely agree; that's the method I try to apply to most situations. I generally position the lecture phase after the question phase, though.
    I was unaware I was lecturing. I tried to supply information to give him a sense of my position. I tend to over-exposition I guess.

I really hope this actually happens. If you decide to shoot for BroNYcon January and need a place to stay on the rediculous drive down from Toronto, my place is right along the way. Anything I can do to facilitate ponythread meets.

The last one at the September con was amazing, and that was just me, Psycho, Vent, and Orzel. Who are all completely awesome ponies by the way.
    waaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnt.

"Don't worry little Midnight... You'll get your chance again." She grins and winks from across the room, swaying her leatherclad flank as she struts sloooooowly away.
    Aawwww no! There was a joke! I was going to make a joke! I forgot it! Aaargh!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post

DX *explains the bad customer experience she had today*

Well, guess there's one upside to my job: we have a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service."

Yeah well, you're a privately owned company: I'm public corporation.

Does that mean I can take out stock in you?

O.ô.... Are... Are you coming on to me?

Pfft. That would involve more of a prostitution type joke.

I'm not hearing a "no"~

O.O...Ò.Ó It took me 14 threads to set up that joke! Braz? 37 SECONDS! >o **** you.
    That's right. Rub it in.
    Hmph.

Wow. I would like to rub this in SiuiS' face, but when I see how much fun he has and how little I do with my "life" (which consist of sleep when I have time, and work) it just makes me sad.
    I would rather be happy and live somewhere that suits my needs, Than in an empty mansion, full of useless money, or working so much I couldn't enjoy my "great pay and benefits". Believe you me, that sort of simple enjoyment is all that's kept me sane.

I don't really mind the RP's in the thread (they are spoilered thankfully) but passing by them makes me very unhappy. I wish I had time to read them and post in them but most of the time I'm scrambling to catch up, and the first things to go are the stuff in spoilers... mostly because opening them almost ALWAYS messes with my screen proportions >|
    I'll confess to this. If the spoiler is a bunch of pictures, I won't always open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I'm Fifty-six.
    This was, at the time, staggering. Not for any real reason, it just created a bit of cognitive dissonance. I find that interesting; why should it matter?

My mind is fun, but sometimes perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by goose1009 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I *dont see anywhere else that would be more fitting. *So here we go.

We have a guy at work who tried to leave work early (we're military) to go home and watch My Little Pony. *And hes getting ridiculed endlessly for it. *Now, i dont know what the big deal with this show is. *I have a 6 year old daughter and shes grown out of her Pony watching days so I havent seen any of the new series. *

What about this new show is so endearing to adult males? *Im curious and am by no means talking down about it. *We all love what we love and that works for us. *All part of being a geek, i just want to know what the big deal is.

I really appreciate anybody who is able to shed some light on this for me. *Thank you.

Goose
    It is very well made, has good characters, humor, fun plot, and interesting style. The fact that it has ponies in it is irrelevant from this angle.

From a different angle, it's nice to have a support group, even if you never meet them or talk to them, about liking something so weird. Honestly, it's a relief; I don't have to like it. I don't have to dislike it. My little ponies exist in a space where culture and counterculture clash; there are no expectations, no societal limits. I'm free.

Huh. That kinda puts some stuff into a different light.
    But aye, that I can, without cynicism or irony, sit down to watch cute ponies worry about their cute little pony problems, no pretensions to machismo, no internal conflict... It's nice.

You are awesome. Thank you so much. I feel like this entire post should go in the OP in place of the imgur links.
    Hm. I don't recall this... Imgr?
    OH! the list of emotes?
    Aye, and I second, and then third the awesomeness nomination. Go you!

So. Birthday so far. Been basically as ropey as I'd expected, all in all!
    Dude. You need a hug.

Quoted in the hopes it isn't lost forever...
    Handy! Here's hoping I actually record it this time...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Soft, I hate to be the pony to tell you this, but-

-I've just been ninja'd again.*

Apparently a downside of being the Element of Pirates is that it attracts so many dang ninjas. *shifty eyes*
    Hahaha! Yeah...

Hey, how's that wager coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Does that mean that Pinkie could get hats for other ponies and acquire their powers?
    That would be either awesome or terrifying. I'm not sure which...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    My Xenomonies are evolving! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

Better quality but flippin' huge:
    Spoiler
    Show

I <3 my Camera knowing how clear the pictures are. :3

No sea pony is safe now. :D

Also, my pony drawing skills are teh suck.

Does anypony have some good tutorials?

I tried all the ones in the OP but I'm still not getting something.
    I still read that and go "space money? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Relax! how can we relax! You hold the fate of us all in your hooves!

....I need better crazy Twilight emotes.
    Don't remember this either...
    Boy, should have handled this ASAP, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Unless its covered by Fair Use any use of copyrighted material without the express consent of the copyright holder is illegal.

On the practical level, fan-art and PMVs should be okay. Straight rips are pirating though.*

Fair Use if your interested in the US law and doctrine on the matter.
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Shutin View Post
    Art By Titanium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neat! See, I told her she was good at drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Hmm, maybe I can research a tweak to change Storm of Vengeance into Storm of Chocolate...

You're immune to acid damage, right?
    Oh man, when I read this I knew how to do it, but I've since forgot D:

There is some sort of feat, like, Elven Wizard or Fey SomethingSomething, that says "you can change the damage type of this spell to any other damage type" which I thought was neat at first because it would let me, say, slash with a fireball, or negative energy with a magic missile.

Or maybe chocolate with some rain? Are you comfortable inflicting 10d6 chocolate damage to everything in a 200 mile radius, DD?

I have it written down somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Right! My schedule is currently everywhere and on fire, BUT I'll at least get a start on that by this afternoon!
    You are such a vivid pony.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    sorry, marm. I already gots a partner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp. There goes the movie poster I was gonna draw. Alas...

Tangentially, you might be amused to know that my anime-flavored Mutants & Masterminds campaign is lurching towards it's end, and since I got nothin' to replace it with (and ponies aren't an option, since two of the group are adamantly opposed) it looks very likely that I'm going to end up in a Pathfinder campaign.
    I would be interested in your experiences and feelings on the matter. Pathfinder went the wrong way with things for me, personally. It left the insane power but took out the having to be good at the system to get it. I'd rather they dialed things back a bit, instead.

You, however, may enjoy it! Since it sounds along your alley, minus the D&D chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Are any of the "bronies" on this thread Economics Majors or Business Majors? I'd like to know how those kind of people can pull off this sort of stuff while retaining professional contacts.
    Several. I believe Sweetie Welf is, or is convincing enough for me to think so.

"I don't turn ponies into stone."

*Mind catches fire*

One day, one of the other statues in Celestia's garden cracks open, and a pony emerges, blinking, into the world for the first time in a thousand years. She remembers that she was imprisoned, remembers being awake for it all, but doesn't remember why she was imprisoned. The actual events of a thousand years ago are so distant, put through so many iterations and justifications and internal argument she has no idea what's truth and what's lie.

She runs, she runs away from Canterlot. She doesn't know where. She doesn't know what she did. She doesn't know if she deserved it. She doesn't know if she's going to do it again.

And she doesn't know what Celestia will do if she finds her.
    Brilliant. I need to reread this old stuff more often.

QUOTE=gooddragon1;12093653]Deadtime is something from the town (now called the nexus). Unlike temporal stasis this psionic power is much harder to undo.

SiuiS, that's really mean :/. My method is costly but will effectively remove the problem without pain.[/quote]

To be fair, all the fiends I bound weren't the "problem" I meant; I meant the experience needed bit.

And hay, according to the Fiendish Codex II, I'd already hit the threshold where my soul was forfeit to the nether planes unless I repented and joined a monastery, by level 8. Extracting a portion of specific essence from the abstract patterns of false ideals that are represented to your limited mortal senses as creatures wasn't going to condemn me any further.

Weirdest chaotic good character ever.

I must spill the beans: My idea for a fanfic is a daydream about a favorite D&D character of mine inserted into one scene of MLP. I'll have to be more descriptive in the writing to make it longer than 1 or 2 sentences though :(.
    That's how mine go.

Hrm, if we're gettting past spoiler time, I've been planning to switch my Avatar off the old Luna-badge to replace it with the real deal.

Can someone confirm which timezone we're using for this? And whether the due time has passed yet? (Because its 5pm on Tuesday evening here)
    I believe we are using PST.

Gasp! SiuiS' [insert crime here] has surely been the most shocking incident of [insert crime here] I have ever heard! I am glad Brazen Shield told us about [insert crime here]! Now that I know SiuiS is capable of [insert crime here], I don't know how I will ever trust him again!
    Where's that Luna comic?

"OH HA, HA, HA!"

Thanks for posting that up man. :D
    SEE? I TOLD YOU ALL I SUCK AT DRAW.
    Lies!

It's not just us. It tends to be a prevailing attitude towards people on this board, not just this topic from what I understand.
    There is anti playground prejudice?

Where?
    Exactly!

More ponies for the herdmind! More ships for the shipping god! (Yes Lix, you have followers.)
    Somepony needs to start the Lix Lorn tv tropes page. We can all go there and argue about how factual the stuff is.

I absolutely love reading D&D Shenanigans like this. I hate seeing them in practice, but I love seeing them in theory.
    I try to use them in practice such that they are plausible, entertaining and not disruptive. But yes, I am coming to the point in my gaming career where I'd throw myself physically from the table, then the building, then the complex. And somehow stop myself from coming back in.

Wait, what's Ponify? I feel like this may have been a missed EQD post on my part (I'm slipping. I used to read every single EqD post, and every single story that came up. I had a lot of free time back at my old job.)
    Quoted for following citation to find the answer I could have sworn I'd bookmarked but apparently didn't.

Thank you all, assorted awesome threadponies!
    Welcome, mate.

Muhahahahahahaha!

That was AWESOME!!! Ahahahahahaha!

Oh hey, boss!

Ah, Hopereaver, finally back from your Lix-buffed-mission run? It went well, I take it?*

Hells yes, I can totally see why you spend all that time in being-crazy-badass training! It was soooo cool! All those "little" jobs were a complete success!

Superlative! SiuiS was just looking for you, by the way.

Yeah, sorry, I was just making a few final adjustments to something - I caught the boom though! You're in a pretty good mood now, right? Nice bagpipes, by the way.
    I certainly am.

Excellent. So, here's a little something I brought back for your birthday that I picked while on one of the missions.

Ooh, thank you!

*ripripriprip*

It's...a belt of some sort... With a...I dunno what this is... I give up, what is it?

It's an interdimensional storage system. The belt goes on like normal, and the other bit is to slap on your armour so you can use the over-the-shoulder holster.

What? You're kidding! Where the heck did you get one of those?!

I took if off one of the Blastarons I encountered...

Wait, but they don't wear them as belts, it's built into their bodies isn't...Awww, you didn't!?

I certainly did! Made from actual Blastaron! Took a bit of doing, and I had to get a bit of help for engineering, but for all that they have the most advanced tech in the galaxy, it's pretty easy to work with on this sort of level. We've checked it to the best our ability, and it looks like it'll work perfectly!

That is so awesome!

There's a few bits in there, too; a couple of Blastaron lazer pistols - I know you're more a coldbeam kind of guy, but a few back-up weapons - especialy ones that good, wouldn't hurt - I snagged a few for myself, actually - and a load of grenades of various types. And, well, I'll let you get what's in the shoulder one yourself...

Is that...a Strayvian Missile Launcher?!

Yep. We might need to tweak it a bit, 'cos your hands are a bit small, but with your new Lich-upgrade-strength, you should be able to use that fine. Only managed to grab about a dozen reloads, so use 'em wisely!

Thank you Hopereaver, this is absolutely awesome!

Heh. Oh and Lix - thanks again, couldn't of done this without your help with that boost!

Yes, consider yourself thoroughly thanked too Lix!

Between pony, and Blueblood explosions and stuff, this hasn't turned out so bad a birthday in the end, after all!

Thank you all again!
    I can't help but think, since this little episode happened, why do you have a life-size cardboard cutout of Hopereaver on your bridge?

I mean there's funny, and there's making me look like a tool.
    Which I guess is also funny. Drat.

*raises one hoof* Yeah, that was me who got smashed... -_-'' It was bad enough where not even Applebloom could have made it better. On the other hand, once you get down the first three shots of draincleaner vodka, it just starts tasting like water afterwards... Either because you're too drunk to notice how foul it is, or because all your tastebuds are dead. Not sure which.

Either way I'm not doing that again for a very long time.
    Hangovers and such aren't fun. I'm sorry.

*Laughs* Draincleaner Vodka? That's nothing. Try doing 151 straight. Now that'll knock you clean out of your shoes.
    ... Why? I can get just as blinkered without the suffering.
    Anything that will make me more susceptible to fire is probably also a good idea to strike from my list of consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Something I wanted to share from the EQD roundup.

Starswirl the bearded.
    father of the amniomorphic spell.
    amnio=bowl.
    morphic=morph
    a bearded wizard that shapes bowls
    a hairy potter
    GENIUS

...*Twitch*

"Titanium Fox has experienced a bad pun overload, and needs to be shut down. We apologize for any inconvenience this unexpected shutdown may cause, and hope that you continue using Ponymind Industries in the future. Thank you for your patience."
    WOOHOO! more Jade!

Hiii Jaaaaade~

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    I haven't read Esper's 'fics yet (I need to, eventually), but could Starswirl the Bearded be the original author of the book that is rather important to the storyline?*

And puns? We should know by now to leaf well enough alone.

SIMULTANEOUS USE OF LUNA'S ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE AND PUN WARFARE, TALLY-HO! Void cookie for anyone who gets the reference to something I haven't read myself.

INDEED, THE EUROPEAN RHYTHM NAMED CHAOS IS MOST PLEASING! IT RECIEVES MANY POINTS, AS WELL AS DISMEMBERED GREEN FISTS WITH OUTSTRETCHED THUMBS!

EDIT: I HATH FAILED MOST MIGHTILY THIS DAY! A MOMENT AGO I DISCOVERED I THE DISADVANTAGES OF CLOTHING OURSELF IN THE DARK; I HAVE MY UNDERGARMENTS ON BACKWARDS.
    You are a riot.
    Luckily, it's not possible for me to put mine on backwards. Although depending on how soon I can get coffee, I fully expect to one day realize I made a Loinclothe out of socks. Somehow.

Well, "amniomorphic" would most likely suggest some transformation of the womb or fetus, rather than genderbending a grown pony which is what's done in that story. Still, if Starswirl fathered one foalbirth-related spell, why not others? So, I say yes, he'd make an obvious author of said book, but I'll leave that up to Esper, of course
    It could be a compilation work. That's how all the old books go. The Kama sutra, the art of war; an original author and then a bunch of folks interpreting each line and adding insight to it.

Thanks. I know I can too. I'll give it a good thinking and see where it takes me
    I can't remember what this was, just that I wanted to encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    >Reads that there is a pony drawthread.

>Realizes that his own friggen drawthread is unupdated.

>Feels deep shame, hides again.

>Six more weeks of winter.
    Poetic. Beautiful. Still doesn't get you off the hook.

Iiiiiidoooooo. Where aaaaaaaarrrrreeee you? We miiiiissssssaa you. Cooooomeeeeeee baaaaaqck iiiiidooooo.

Hmm.

I don't know, I'd have to hear his credentials?

That, and it sounds like there's an amusing story there
    Credentials? Have you met Beeskee?

I mean, disregarding this comic;

Spoiler
    Show

Which clearly shows Beeskee and you've misidentified Beeskee as Derpy;
    No seriously, have you met him?

1: Surprisingly, it is hard. I enjoy it, and use the forum - well, used - to calm down. Quoting and responding to everything was meditative. I do note a distinct increase in stress, around the time we had the IRC split... I'm not getting enough pony, maybe?
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-11-10 at 06:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

I can't help but think, since this little episode happened, why do you have a life-size cardboard cutout of Hopereaver on your bridge?

I mean there's funny, and there's making me look like a tool.
    Do we need another reason...?

10. - Top - End - #370
    Banned

Do we need another reason...?
    Well... No.

Something tells me we wouldn't be having this conversation if I hadn't followed Jade's advice.
    Seriously mate, thanks for that. It was hilarious. I'm gonna go to bed smilin' now.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

[color="darkgreen"]
    Credentials? Have you met Beeskee?

I mean, disregarding this comic;

Spoiler
    Show

Which clearly shows Beeskee and you've misidentified Beeskee as Derpy;
    No seriously, have you met him?

Evidently not, however I am willing to take your word for it. Anypony who can do a quote post THAT BIG deserves my unquestioning obediance.

ALL HAIL SIUIS, KING OF THE MEGAPOST!

Have some pony Beeskee:

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Raspberries
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flashpoint looks at the flustered guardpony with a bemused expression. "I guess you're trapped by regulations, buddy." his mouth turns up in a crafty smile. "Seeing as you are on official business, I will release my spot in line to you."

He inspects the form. "It's that easy to set up shop here? Huh. I might just be convinced to put my holiday on hold. My funds have been running a bit low." He strokes his chin thoughtfully.

He leans close to Beeskee. "Say, little filly. If you witness sign for me, I'll sign for you?"

Seconded!
    Free Form Stuff!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raggedy taps the guard on the shoulder. "Hey buddy, got anything to eat?"

[color="darkgreen"]
    Yes. Yes we did.
    You... responded to my post... from 3 threads ago...

You're awesome, SiuiS. Never stop.

And Beeskee is totally Derpy in the playground.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Tom is the best pony/diamond/rock.

Someone needs to draw a Pony-version of Tom and ship him with Rairity... unless that's already been done.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. Callin' it now.

Fifthed!

I dunno. Kind of, but I think a lot of these lines of thought focus on a modern military setup. I would see Equestrian warfare being more like... A Song of Ice and Fire, myself. Anachronistic and backwards.
    I've never been a fan of modernism or sci-fi in Equestria. Even some of the things they let into the show, like trains, is a little much for my tastes. I like to think of Equestria as firmly in a late medieval time.

I'm sure ancient rulers had their "special forces" too, however. You know, dedicated networks of spies and information gatherers working closely with the military. And of course rebels would have such a structure too, maybe even more so because they're forced to work underground and need all the advantages they can get.

While the show obviously isn't going to deal with war and such, I think such themes could work just fine in Equestria. There are royal guards and monsters, and apparently other nations. But again, I prefer it to stay medieval.

I recently had this idea that maybe Celestia's rule hasn't been completely contiguous over the last 1000 years. Or maybe Equestria has lost and/or gained territory throughout history. So much could happen in a thousand years.

That makes perfect sense! I don't think that's how they set it up, but it's a the very least a smashingly cool coincidence.
    I doubt so too, but it does make sense to me.

I'm unsure why you specify lawmaking, but the rest sounds appropriate.

She is also artfully skilled at at what we now know of as psychological warfare. At the time, though, we referred to it as "It's in my mane oh Celestia my mane the bats are in my mane get them out get them out".

Those were troubled times...
    Heh

My mention of lawmaking, like the rest of that part of my post, was entirely unrelated to the episode. Just a remnant of my reading of "Progress", I suppose. While I had plenty of concerns about that story, I did like some of its characterizations of Luna, specifically that she's a bookworm who likes to spend her time going through Equestria's laws and taxes.

After reading Nocturne I also really like the idea that she's a composer of music. I'm not sure why I never thought of it or saw any suggestion of it before reading that story.

This always perplexed me. Cupcakes wasn't that bad; my problem was I was sleep deprived enough that I couldn't visualize anything else for a while. Buuuut I used to watch the surgery channel all the time. So it doesn't bother me.

Really, this is just publicity. I trust you, specifically, enough to get a "it's a waste of time" vibe but most people who freak out over cupcakes just seem to be challenging me to read it.

Both of the other fics are also on my list. My "sure, I'll read it eventually" list. (target date 2138).

Seriously, cupcakes is an awesome read, if kinda short. Warning: video does not actually contain what I am implying. This is a joke. Have fun! Click the link.
    I found Cupcakes just plain silly, I think I laughed more than anything while reading it. My expectations and imagination based on what I heard about it beforehoof was far more disturbing than the actual story. Which is probably the real reason why I tend to skip such stories initially, because I imagine them to be far worse than they are, and once I do read them they seem tame because I've already played with the story in my mind.

What I truly want from a story is to not know the whole premise from the start, I want to discover the story while reading, not in my imagination before that.

I'm sure if I knew nothing about Rainbow Factory other than its title and the fact that it is in the same style as Cupcakes, my imagination would still make the actual story seem tame. That's the problem these kinds of stories seem to suffer from, for me at least.

I can't remember what this was, just that I wanted to encourage it.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to be a little annoying and throw the link to the Pony/Dresden files fic I and my wife wrote up again. I know it's a big chunk of text but I really don't want to submit it to EQD until we've gotten some feedback from a few pony fans who haven't read the Dresden files series. We need to know if anyone is going to be confused going in because they don't know both settings, or if there's enough info to pick things up and enjoy it for the pony.

Horse sense.

On another topic; Celestia's power level. I tend to think of her and Luna as not-quite-gods. plenty powerful enough for all practical pony purposes, immortal or near enough to, massive energy reserves, great depths of skill and spell knowledge, but not able to reshape reality at will like discord could. Basically think of the older D&D write ups of gods, hundreds of hit points, able to cast every spell from X level to Y level, lots of special abilities. A really high level character could attack a god, but they'd likely regret it.

For the purposes of the fic we wrote, she's a bit more stout, but that's mostly a matter of creating the mythology of that particular setting so it meshes nicely with the Dresden files setting. In either case my head canon is that the sisters didn't start out that way, they had to take on the power and responsibilities willingly in order to make things better for the ponies of equestria.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    So, I know there is a fanpony RPG already written, and apparently plans for a Ponyxalted, but I didn't want to give up on my statting up Rarity in GURPS so...

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity (158 points - probably off by a bit)
    ST 9 [-10] IQ 12 [40] DX 11 [20] HT 13 [30]

Advantages:
    Accessory: Light [1], Appearance (Beautiful) [12], Fashion Sense [5], High Manual Dexterity 1 [5], Magery 1 (Limited: One Talent School) [9], , Telekinesis 1 [5]

Disadvantages: Charitable [-15], Dependent (Little sister, 50% point cost, loved one, fairly often) [-10], Mysophobia (Dirt) [-10]

Quirks: Overdramatic [-1], Loves her cat [-1], Enjoys "cultured" life [-1], Somewhat secretly wants to be a Princess [-1], Needs glasses while sewing (Is probably not full-blown farsightedness) [-1]

Skills: Accounting IQ-2 [1], Acting IQ+3 [12], Artist (Illusion) IQ-2 [2], Connoisseur (Fashion) IQ+1 [4], Current Affairs (High Culture) IQ [1], Current Affairs (Popular Culture) IQ [1], Dancing DX+1 [4], Detect Lies Per-2 [1], Diplomacy IQ [4], Disguise (Equine) IQ-1 [1], Fast-Talk IQ+2 [8], Heraldry IQ-1 [1], Housekeeping IQ [1], Intimidation Will-1 [1], Psychology IQ [4], Savoir-Faire (High Society) IQ+1 [2], Sewing IQ+4 [16], Sex Appeal HT [2]

Spells: Seek Earth IQ [4], Simple Illusion IQ-2 [1], Complex Illusion IQ-2 [1], Measurement IQ-2 [1], Find Weakness IQ-2 [1], Clean IQ-2 [1], Soilproof IQ-2 [1], Dye IQ-2 [1], Copy IQ-2 [1], Reshape IQ-1 [2], Fasten IQ-2 [1]

Notes: Most of the spells are speculative, some are a bit of a stretch. "One Talent School" is kind of like "One College" but a different organization of the spells. Horizontal is left out because it is the default assumption for the setting. No Fine Manipulators is left out because it is assumed it would be glossed over in play, as they seem to on the show.

... I'll leave this here.
    I would give rarity more Telekinesis since she uses it to lift stuff far heavier than a strength of 1 would allow her to. Also I would give it the "magic -10%" limitation.
    I would also give her the "Gifted Artist" talent through I am a bit unsure of its level, and another dot of dexterity.
    Finally I agree on not giving her No Fine Manipulators since the pony mouths usefulness disqualifies them from that, but even through Horizontal is the default of the setting she should still have it.
    Its just that so should everyone else too (except Spike.)
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    I'm going to be a little annoying and throw the link to the Pony/Dresden files fic I and my wife wrote up again. I know it's a big chunk of text but I really don't want to submit it to EQD until we've gotten some feedback from a few pony fans who haven't read the Dresden files series. We need to know if anyone is going to be confused going in because they don't know both settings, or if there's enough info to pick things up and enjoy it for the pony.

Horse sense.

On another topic; Celestia's power level. I tend to think of her and Luna as not-quite-gods. plenty powerful enough for all practical pony purposes, immortal or near enough to, massive energy reserves, great depths of skill and spell knowledge, but not able to reshape reality at will like discord could. Basically think of the older D&D write ups of gods, hundreds of hit points, able to cast every spell from X level to Y level, lots of special abilities. A really high level character could attack a god, but they'd likely regret it.

For the purposes of the fic we wrote, she's a bit more stout, but that's mostly a matter of creating the mythology of that particular setting so it meshes nicely with the Dresden files setting. In either case my head canon is that the sisters didn't start out that way, they had to take on the power and responsibilities willingly in order to make things better for the ponies of equestria.
    That's right, I never got back to you on this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I very much enjoyed reading this (in fact, I'm rereading it right now). Harry's narration is pretty much spot on, and I like that you fit Equestria into the Dresdenverse. And gave it quite a bit of character, to boot. Come to think of it, a journey into the Nevernever is perfect for a story set after Ghost Story. This way, Harry can have adventures without affecting the world of the books.

The Mane Six were also well characterized, though not everypony seemed to get a chance to play a role in the story. I'm not sure how I feel about your Princess Celestia. It was good and well written, but different from what I imagined. Which isn't at all a bad thing. You should go ahead and submit it.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

The List:
    - Anything associated with Joss Whedon
    That list is pretty gorramm shiny.
    Needs more ponies though.
    Ponyhouse? Dollponies? Dollstable? I must think on this.

Whitefire: *Can do with hugs*
    I can tell, I remember you now.

Who are you and how do you know the contents of my dream date? <3
    I'm LIXIE. It's my JOB to know, dahling.

And a hypothesis; the Pinkie thing was a result of your "mana moulding" interacting with Lix's foal-i-fier I had at bay. Rather than become male and a foal, I somehow... Became Pinkie Pie.
    MAKES PERFECT SENSE

I do not actually think it is a male pony toy - or at least not intended to be one. I was attribution characteristics from the historical pony to the actual.

I assure you, that pony is as female as I am male.
    So... occasionally and inconsistently?

Somepony needs to start the Lix Lorn tv tropes page. We can all go there and argue about how factual the stuff is.
    .//////////////////////.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    And thus, EsperDerek saved Derpy/Dinky. Thank you, everypony! I'll be here to improve fandom anytime! Midnight awaaaayy!
    Supermare! Dun dun dun daaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    nuuuuuuuuuu ./////////////////////////////////.
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Not bad at all! Very much like Pinkie.
    I'm definitely glad to have her aboard. Her friends are apparently going to audition for Rarity and Sweetie Belle too. I am so excited, this is gonna happen! Now I just need a Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack. I can get away without Applebloom if I reeeeally need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    That's magnificent.
    Thank, you, thank you! I'm here until next... FORRREEEEVVVERRRR!

She sounds pretty good! If nopony better volunteers, she'd make a fine Pinkie. I'd be hesitant to give her both Pinkie and Fluttershy's parts, though, unless you get no reasonable Fluttershy auditions at all. It's a lot to come from one person.
    Well, the thing is I haven't gotten another Fluttershy audition period, and she agrees that if anypony else comes along that she wants them to take it.

I'm toying with coming down for the convention, myself, but I only live just over an hour away, so it's not so prohibitively far that I can't just drive back and forth without spending the night. I'd take floor space were it available, just for the sake of getting to hang with everyone and so I wouldn't have to drive at night, but if there's too much demand, it'd be better that it goes to someone else with a more difficult commute.
    We may very well be doing a Suite. If so, I can jam something on the order of 20 bronies in there. If we have room, you will be welcome, ya knucklehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    There, there. It'll be okay. Just take some deep breaths and remember everything awesome and cute about ponies. Rainbows are beautiful; they're not something to hate or be afraid of.

Here's a cute image of a pony to help ease your pain:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HNNNNNNNNNNG-
    "My very own Dash Cloud! CanIkeepherCanIkeepher canIcanI Midnight Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Dang it! Wait. Jade?!
    [color="seagreen"]*Giggles* Yeeeeees?

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    It's a fan thing. It apparently started when the fans needed a family to attach Derpy to. Dinky seemed to be the choice, though everypony conveniently forgets the horn.
    I don't think anypony forgets the horn. I think the overall prevailing fanon is that the father is a Unicorn. Same with Berry Punch and Berry Pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post

Um.

Good thing it's slowed down.
    And this is why the slow down is not a bad thing. New ponies! Speaking of...

You'll never escape us now...

One of us... One of us... One of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    *eyes bank account*
    *checks cost of plane ticket*

If I only eat oats and grits for the next two months...

I'll get back to you on that.
    Doitfilly. You know, if you can actually comfortably afford it...

I actually miss that.
    Me too, but at the same time the thread is now significantly more welcoming to new ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I agree with your concerns. If this continues for another week, I'd say we need to take some sort of action.
    Honestly, I'd give it more time. IRC is still a new shiny. It was setup after I started my new job, and I'm still extremely new at my job. I'm pretty sure it will equalize eventually.

She's not bad. She tries a bit to hard for some of the notes, but I can't put a hooftip on it. I suspect she can't get her voice quite as high as Pinkie can. Still, the inflection is there for most of Pinkie's personality.
    Is there a related Fluttershy link?
    I can't really argue, honestly. However overall it's still extremely good, which is all I can ask for. I'm not shooting for perfection, I'm shooting for showing the man who sparked all of this creativity in the musical field how much he means to this fandom and the ponies in it.

EDIT: Fluttershy Link.

D:

D:)

DDDDD:)

January is so close Now! Aaaagh! I don't know if ... No, I'm sure I won't be able to go. Why capitalism! Why do you taunt me with your succulent riches and then steal them away with petty workplace politics!?

Ah well. If it comes up again in 2013, provided the world doesn't end first I'll make it a birthday gift to m'self.
    Hey. Hey. Hey SiuiS. I have good news.

There are three BroNYcons per year.

Oh come on! Really, T fox? Either you laugh it off ad a joke you set up for the guy, or you point out that he's reporting on the deep green pony talking to a magazine and who does he think Human Resources is going to side with?

That was a hard joke to make. Separating you into Jade and Titanium is counterintuitive.
    This fact tells me I'm doing something right. THE FILLY AND I ARE ONE. Jade, Y U infect my brain?

Aww, sad now. I don't even have the context for it. I just have somepony frowning at me.*
    ...Turn that frown upside down! *Glomp*

[color="darkgreen"]Oddly fitting!
    Which makes this old piece...

Spoiler
    Show

Somewhat prophetic, non?

SHE'S STARING INTO MY SOUL
    Pffft..... HAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Hey, yeah! What happened to you being low man on totem pole so not having to handle most of the tickets?

Oh well. Our loss! Though it means I'm not gonna be able to directly iterate with most of you guys unless I get a chance to change to a morning or day schedule.

Hm...
    Um... That went away very fast like and the speed at which it happened left me extremely confused.

What, really?

I mean, I'm not surprised. *First you were dating him, then engaged, then married! Each time Braeburn was brought up you were farther along the path.
    I guess, seeing it's been so long, I'm just surprised we aren't hearing about said foal moving back home and you helping them with their student loans.
    Now here's the big question. Does a picture exist of said foal.

Welp the small text makes it seem serious.
    *tackles you backward in time* Stop reading!
    Don't worry, it wasn't. :P

I kinda do too? I mean, I enjoy being able to look around the playground more now, but... It's not the rate of content. The quality of posts has minimally decreased; everypony just seems tired, stressed, rushed. The Idylwild feel is almost gone.

Though we seem to be on an upswing! That's always nice
    I can't speak for everypony, but I know for a fact all it is is the fact that the new job is taking so much out of me right now. Even if I'm not being worked very hard, there's still the fact that my sleep schedule was jarred from 11:00 AM to 6:00 AM in the span of a day, and that my free time has now squandered to zilch essentially. (I'm only ever just 'screwing around' online monday evenings now; I take out special time for you ponies. You're scheduled, you must be important. )

Hey, I can do background vocals, and I'm a pretty decent guitarist/bassist/ukulele...ist/drumm-ANYTHING INSTRUMENTAL.

It's a long list...

Need an audition? Check my sig. Just not the youtube channel.
    Definitely! I'll be sending out a group E-Mail when I have everything put together, so what's yours? I'll add it to the list. Expect to hear in late-ish November.

While I doubt I'll be taking you up on that offer, I will almost surely be seeing you there!

Never been to the east coast before. Used to live in Toronto, but never got further east than Montreal. New York should be awesome!
    Well you're still more than welcome if you need to! And it is awesome. If you're okay with Cities, that is.

Fluttershy is surprisingly hard to draw. I blame her shyness...

Spoiler
    Show
    If I may offer a little bit of critique from the standpoint of a non-artist? The body's juuuust a hair elongated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of possibly bad news, but there are some unsettling rumours and such coming out of this post on EqD about Season 3 and beyond.
    From what the screencaps said, only 13 episodes were ordered for Season 3 (which would put them at exactly what they need for syndication), and that when Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti left "it was ugly."
    So it looks like if the rumors are true that I called it; the typical 65 episodes for Friendship is Magic. Having anticipated it, I find that I'm not upset; a lot of anime never make it to 65 episodes and they don't have the USA's particular conditions. 65 is a lot of episodes, really; I suspect that the fandom can sustain itself for at least a few more years after that, if the collective will is there (and of course it's not an issue for over a year yet). Heck, there's still an Invader Zim fandom out there and it only finished 47 episodes.
    I'm putting this one out of my mind until Season 2 actually begins to wrap up. I have no idea what it means by "it was ugly" and frankly, I don't want to speculate. I'll ask Daniel Ingram or the Voice Actors if they can shed some light at BroNYcon, and if they don't feel comfortable talking about it, that's the end of it for me. Something like that? I feel either I want to know the exact, full story from a first hand source, or I'm going to make myself not care.

Unrelated real world bro-hoof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is so awesome.

I'll get back to you.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE! I need to taaalk to yoooou!
    "Erm... Y-Yes Ms. Lixie?"

Okay, that's the final straw.
    (steals Thanqol)
    (cuddles)
    Mine now. <3
    ...Awwww. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Can we get the IRC linked to in the OP from now on?
    I've been asking for this for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Someone at my junior college has the liscense plate MLPONY.

F*** the crap YES
    SO AWESOME. Take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Woah there nelly!

While I have heard of 65 as a magic number in reference to the creation of frankenseries Robotech I have been unable to verify it as a real requirement. I refer you to Broadcast Syndication and 100 episodes noting that none of this seems to indicate more then general trends for syndication. The original Battlestar Galactica only had 31 episode including its lame sequel series, yet ran in syndication for years. Further more why would syndication be Hasbro's goal if they are trying to build a network for themselves? They still don't have a full stable of shows, its why we get a replay every Saturday and you can catch something like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? on air.

I've never heard that the show has been unsuccessful with its target demographic either. Given that we are less then halfway through season 2 I'm going to take any order for season 3 as a good thing for now.

And carefully reading the screen shots we have what we have is that Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti are out, but were involved with every season 2 script and something about that was ugly. I mean... not to be overly rose-tinted but that could just as easily be referring to being "ugly" because our beloved creator gods were very very busy and had to pull all-nighters to meet deadlines or something. Then there's the entire spectrum of Executive Meddling to consider that said parties may not have liked but isn't related to cancellation. And we've already had Executive Meddling that turned out fine in the end, Twilight's balloon is hardly a lead weight on the show yes? Or simply purely mundane issues like monetary disagreements.

Its purest speculation to connect any of this to cancellation given that the unconfirmed episodes wouldn't be on air until 2013.
    This. This this this. I'm not looking at it with any glasses. We have all of S2 to enjoy, and all of S1 to cherish. I am not going to give a buck about S3 until S3 is upon us.

Re: The order for 13 episodes of Season 3: It seems like a season is 26 episodes. Ordering half a season isn't unusual, it probably just means they are planning to pick up the rest of the season later on. Considering how a large corporation organizes and allocates their various budgets, it may simply be for tax reasons, or for certain financial statements. It isn't too unusual, and doesn't mean the show is getting cancelled, or isn't getting cancelled. I wouldn't read too much into this one way or another.
    You know, I will comment on this. The thing that worries me is not the fact that they only got cleared for half of a season for S3. What worries me is whatever went down with Renzetti.

Unrelated to this thread, but...
    ...Wow, these are some old posts. Is it bad that I'm nostalgiaing over some of these. Also I don't have context for a lot of these so quite a few are being dropped as I get to them because my brain is going "What what what what WHAT?!?"

I have been seeing a lot more... Interesting things around town, lately...

Spoiler
    Show

Oh MAN that is awesome.

I'm alternating between bashful, proud of my work, perplexed that you guys think this is effort1, and sad I have to make you work.
    You see that last one? You know, that sad one? Right there? Stop it.

Yes! More AJ! though I think they are reprising her. She is the Mario; the one who doesn't spontaneously suck so hard at something that they cause fires nearby.
    More empirical evidence that Applejack is best pony.

I saw! I also thought it was really cool that you were gonna relinquish the crown too, and why.
    ^///^

... What. Man, the way these things sound without context <///<;
    You know what? I'm not going to go back to the post this is from. I'm not going to look at the context. I'm just going to smack Jade and move along. She says she probably deserved it anyways.

What is this I don't even
    What, you've never heard of Ponylor?

Well... No.

Something tells me we wouldn't be having this conversation if I hadn't followed Jade's advice.
    Seriously mate, thanks for that. It was hilarious. I'm gonna go to bed smilin' now.
    ...*GLAAAAAAARE*

I AM NOT A CREEP! I got the girl, see? *Pounces on Midnight*
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-11-10 at 10:21 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

That list is pretty gorramm shiny.
    Needs more ponies though.
    Ponyhouse? Dollponies? Dollstable? I must think on this.
    Pinkie the Vampire Slayer?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

EAT HIM INKWELL
    EAT HIM AND TAKE HIS POWER
    What!? Ack, I thought it had slipped under the radar! How did you even find that post, it was so long ago! Nooooo!
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-11-10 at 10:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok. Callin' it now.

Ya that seems like something I could get behind I mean in my head they are like the same thing so it works. Is that an actual spot to vote for this or do I just say yes here?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Hahaha! Yeah...

Hey, how's that wager coming along?
    Still going strong, but that's likely because of other things keeping my mind offa ponies.

RL Nonsense (Or: Why Amish has been equally as scarce despite being finally able to read all the posts)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So the past month (holy cow, it's been that long?) or so's been one crazy batch of nonsense after another. Over my term break, my computer died, and while the new one is nice and shiny, it was my first laptop and I was a little upset. But no biggie, all is well.

I got back to school, and immediately one of our clubs has our massive, school-wide Halloween party. And we're short on volunteers. So I offer up nearly every chunk of spare time I have, which equates to spending all my time either in class, at meetings, monitoring the ticket-table, or catching up on work I put off to do all of the above. The actual day of the event, all my time is eaten up by setup, staffing, and tearing down afterwards. Once again, no biggie, all part of the job.

The next day is spent doing work so I can go to Canada. Which was awesome. Canada, that is, not the work. Except for the unintentional side-effect of not being able to catch up on all the sleep I'd been missing. Still no biggie?

Then I get back and our house has been robbed. Again. I won't muddy the thread with details, and instead ask you all to imagine a 50-page essay that entirely consists of "Bureaucracies are dumb." written over and over again. A lot of blame-shifting, claims about liabilities, and other nonsense that so far seems to be boiling down to the university saying "Not our fault, enjoy financial loss." Fortunately, the campus police are equally as outraged as we are, so stuff is hypothetically getting done. All the same, a nasty case of mood whiplash. Biggie.

And now this week, my project group is getting bogged down in a rut I no longer have the energy or time to pull us out of, productivity across the board is tanking, and last night I had to stay up past 4 finishing a programming assignment I'm still not entirely satisfied with. I don't have the time to get everything done I need/want to do get done, and I'm running out of late-nights I can pull without getting myself sick.

Phew. Sorry for rambling on like that, but if nothing else, it feels better to type it all out.

tldr:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Life has been relentless recently, and I'm getting kind of burnt out.

I was hoping that all this would mean my mind would be defenseless and slip-uppable, but that obviously hasn't been the case. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in my subconscious. I was really hoping it'd put up in interesting fight instead of going "meh whatever".

@Beeskee: Before I cast my vote in such a monumental election, I believe I need to hear more on the candidate's positions on the important issues. None of this loaded-question "Who is Best Pony" nonsense we see in the media all the time. In a time like this, we need real, hard facts.

So, Beeskee, what is your stance on muffins?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-11-10 at 11:42 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #384

Still going strong, but that's likely because of other things keeping my mind offa ponies.

RL Nonsense (Or: Why Amish has been equally as scarce despite being finally able to read all the posts)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So the past month (holy cow, it's been that long?) or so's been one crazy batch of nonsense after another. Over my term break, my computer died, and while the new one is nice and shiny, it was my first laptop and I was a little upset. But no biggie, all is well.

I got back to school, and immediately one of our clubs has our massive, school-wide Halloween party. And we're short on volunteers. So I offer up nearly every chunk of spare time I have, which equates to spending all my time either in class, at meetings, monitoring the ticket-table, or catching up on work I put off to do all of the above. The actual day of the event, all my time is eaten up by setup, staffing, and tearing down afterwards. Once again, no biggie, all part of the job.

The next day is spent doing work so I can go to Canada. Which was awesome. Canada, that is, not the work. Except for the unintentional side-effect of not being able to catch up on all the sleep I'd been missing. Still no biggie?

Then I get back and our house has been robbed. Again. I won't muddy the thread with details, and instead ask you all to imagine a 50-page essay that entirely consists of "Bureaucracies are dumb." written over and over again. A lot of blame-shifting, claims about liabilities, and other nonsense that so far seems to be boiling down to the university saying "Not our fault, enjoy financial loss." Fortunately, the campus police are equally as outraged as we are, so stuff is hypothetically getting done. All the same, a nasty case of mood whiplash. Biggie.

And now this week, my project group is getting bogged down in a rut I no longer have the energy or time to pull us out of, productivity across the board is tanking, and last night I had to stay up past 4 finishing a programming assignment I'm still not entirely satisfied with. I don't have the time to get everything done I need/want to do get done, and I'm running out of late-nights I can pull without getting myself sick.

Phew. Sorry for rambling on like that, but if nothing else, it feels better to type it all out.

tldr:
    Spoiler
    Show

I was hoping that all this would mean my mind would be defenseless and slip-uppable, but that obviously hasn't been the case. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in my subconscious. I was really hoping it'd put up in interesting fight instead of going "meh whatever".

@Beeskee: Before I cast my vote in such a monumental election, I believe I need to hear more on the candidate's positions on the important issues. None of this loaded-question "Who is Best Pony" nonsense we see in the media all the time. In a time like this, we need real, hard facts.

So, Beeskee, what is your stance on muffins?
    Somepony needs a hug. *Hugs*
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Whitefire, a character of mine in the Bridle Shores RP. With luck I'll be playing her there again soon, in teenage self format.

As far as the scene goes, well... [Sad]

Spoiler
    Show

Whitefire was raised in a samurai-esque society in the north. And everypony was really nice, her life seemed to be going fine. She was going to marry a stallion she liked, and live a life surrounded by friends and family. Everything seemed to be perfect.

Which was why, when she finally realised that she was a fillyfooler, she didn't know what to do. To her mind, there was something about her that was at odds with the world. That she was going to wreck everything and break the hearts of those around her. So, she ran away, on the night she was meant to be married. She flew south until she found the biggest thunderstorm she could find, and flew straight into it.

She was struck by lightning and fell out of the sky.

Whitefire is the failure of trust, and the triumph of self-loathing. Things would have worked out for her if she stayed, communicated, told the truth. She chose to try and end it all with a storm instead.

But when she woke up in the morning, there was somepony looking after her.

And her life started to change.
    Confound these ponies, they make me want to build a character!

No discussion this time. Just awesome pony:

PMV - The Stars Will Aid In Her Escape
    (Seriously, watch it. The editing on this is amazing)

And some derpy:

Spoiler
    Show
    That's amazing! Derpy for secret badflank!

Ok. Callin' it now.

I'll definitely agree to this! Beeskee makes a marvelous and sweet Derpy!

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Tom is the best pony/diamond/rock.

Someone needs to draw a Pony-version of Tom and ship him with Rairity... unless that's already been done.
    So...golem pony then?

We may very well be doing a Suite. If so, I can jam something on the order of 20 bronies in there. If we have room, you will be welcome, ya knucklehead.
    Man, why does NY have to be so far away...?

If I may offer a little bit of critique from the standpoint of a non-artist? The body's juuuust a hair elongated.
    Yeah, that was one of the big issues with it :\
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Damn this bureaucratic nonsense!

[non-pony ranting mode, activate!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    So this dentist bill I mentioned a while ago... I'm trying to get some aid from the state. I went and got this form I have to fill out, looked at the measly two pages and figured, "Hay, this'll be quick, I'll just whip out the pen and fill this baby out right here and now and hand it over to the friendly lady behind the desk. Noooo problemo!"

I had the estimates from the dentist with me so it should be easy, right? Then I notice they also need to know how much I earn and what I pay each month of bills and such. I sure can't remember that stuff, but hay, still no biggie. I'll just take it home and fill it out later where I can check the exact numbers. Had been nice if I could do it right there and then, but whatever...

I get home and pull the form out again... and notice that they require documentation for EVERYTHING. OK, I think, I have the papers from the dentist, and... nothing else.

I get my monthly payments digitally, I pay everything digitally (actually the bank pays everything automatically, I just watch the money disappear... digitally), I get nothing on paper. NOTHING! And they want, EVERYTHING!

OK, *takes deep breath* I just need to go log into my banking account and print it all out. Surely it's all in there somewhere.

OK, telephone bill is there... *tries to print, only now remembers that printer hasn't worked in a while*

Feels like strangling something, but OK, maybe I can mail it to my parents and they can print it and send it to me in a letter, the old-fashioned way. It's not like I haven't been slacking off anyway, so what does it matter if it takes a few more days to get this thing finished.

So I keep looking... and after a long battle I manage to get my electricity bill too, and that's it. Apparently there's nowhere I can get any documentation for anything other than telephone and electricity. Not my rent, not my loan in the bank, nothing!

And you just know that they could get it all in a snap themselves, and that they're not going to give me the money anyway.

I am so frustrated I could just Well, I wish I could give them the stare anyway, but I guess I'll just have to make do with a good old screaming!

Spoiler
    Show

tldr:
    Spoiler
    Show

*hugs*

Now my own ranting seems a lot less significant

27. - Top - End - #387

I'll definitely agree to this! Beeskee makes a marvelous and sweet Derpy!
    Yes, Beeskee is best Derpy in the Playground.

28. - Top - End - #388

Ok. Callin' it now.

My vote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    YesYesYesYesYes....

But I lost count of how many votes that is.

I would be interested in your experiences and feelings on the matter. Pathfinder went the wrong way with things for me, personally. It left the insane power but took out the having to be good at the system to get it. I'd rather they dialed things back a bit, instead.

You, however, may enjoy it! Since it sounds along your alley, minus the D&D chassis.
    Lovely. I will probably become reconciled to it. Eventually. For now I have to get a second level Halfling Rogue Bandit built using the PRD and I would much rather be writing pony fanfic.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2011-11-10 at 12:49 PM.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

tldr:
    Spoiler
    Show

Damn this bureaucratic nonsense!

[non-pony ranting mode, activate!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    So this dentist bill I mentioned a while ago... I'm trying to get some aid from the state. I went and got this form I have to fill out, looked at the measly two pages and figured, "Hay, this'll be quick, I'll just whip out the pen and fill this baby out right here and now and hand it over to the friendly lady behind the desk. Noooo problemo!"

I had the estimates from the dentist with me so it should be easy, right? Then I notice they also need to know how much I earn and what I pay each month of bills and such. I sure can't remember that stuff, but hay, still no biggie. I'll just take it home and fill it out later where I can check the exact numbers. Had been nice if I could do it right there and then, but whatever...

I get home and pull the form out again... and notice that they require documentation for EVERYTHING. OK, I think, I have the papers from the dentist, and... nothing else.

I get my monthly payments digitally, I pay everything digitally (actually the bank pays everything automatically, I just watch the money disappear... digitally), I get nothing on paper. NOTHING! And they want, EVERYTHING!

OK, *takes deep breath* I just need to go log into my banking account and print it all out. Surely it's all in there somewhere.

OK, telephone bill is there... *tries to print, only now remembers that printer hasn't worked in a while*

Feels like strangling something, but OK, maybe I can mail it to my parents and they can print it and send it to me in a letter, the old-fashioned way. It's not like I haven't been slacking off anyway, so what does it matter if it takes a few more days to get this thing finished.

So I keep looking... and after a long battle I manage to get my electricity bill too, and that's it. Apparently there's nowhere I can get any documentation for anything other than telephone and electricity. Not my rent, not my loan in the bank, nothing!

And you just know that they could get it all in a snap themselves, and that they're not going to give me the money anyway.

I am so frustrated I could just Well, I wish I could give them the stare anyway, but I guess I'll just have to make do with a good old screaming!
    *ahem*

WARNING! INCOMING DROID!

*tacklehugs Amish and Deadly*

Sorry to hear about all this craziness...I hope life decides to even out for both of you soon!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus.
    lies

"Erm... Y-Yes Ms. Lixie?"
    "Well now honey." smiles. "There's been a lot of argument over sweet little Aurora's parentage, and I was very very keen to be considered for the position! I did ask Midnight and Esper, but they told me I'd have to ask you."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Pinkie the Vampire Slayer?
    I uh.. the position is taken...
    Spoiler
    Show

that is, if you don't mind...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.