New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Fey Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    As if you didn't have enough work to do with this, I think this site contains A LOT of OGL material from 3rd party publishers:
    http://www.purpleduckgames.com/publication-list
    All included now, a million thanks for the link. That was 54 creatures, 5 templates, 5 races, 1 base class, 8 prestige classes, and 81 miscellaneous. (!)

Now, I haven't touched the Fluff section yet (mainly because I'm still undecided about how to format it), but I added a Further Reading section. It's very small for now, because it includes only fey-related d20 publications. But it has the potential to become ENORMOUS if we add books on folklore, legend and myth.

If I do go on with that, what do you think should be included? Does the Mabinogion count? Or the Faerie Queene? The Ulster and Fenian Cycle? The entire Child Ballads collection? There, I superficially grazed the traditions of only two islands off the coast of Europe, and I already have 10,000 pages of reading. The rest of the planet is still unrepresented. I might as well say "read all the mythology and folklore of the world, period". Alternatively, I might include a single link: wikipedia.org.

Is it maybe better to choose books that offer a nice selection of tales from each tradition, meant for the modern reader, instead of mucking about with primary sources and entire mythologies?

I think it is, but I need your help, people: English isn't my native language, and such books (at least in English) are glaringly absent from my library. Could you come up with suggestions? Other ideas? Or should I scrap the whole thing and stick to the crunch?
    Last edited by HeadlessMermaid; 2011-12-26 at 09:57 PM.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    All included now, a million thanks for the link. That was 54 creatures, 5 templates, 5 races, 1 base class, 8 prestige classes, and 81 miscellaneous. (!)
    I knew there was a lot of material. I cannot believe how quickly you added it all.

Now, I haven't touched the Fluff section yet (mainly because I'm still undecided about how to format it), but I added a Further Reading section. It's very small for now, because it includes only fey-related d20 publications. But it has the potential to become ENORMOUS if we add books on folklore, legend and myth.
    I'd recommend sticking with strictly gaming material for now. Adding books on folklore, legend and mythology would be too much.

If I do go on with that, what do you think should be included? Does the Mabinogion count? Or the Faerie Queene? The Ulster and Fenian Cycle? The entire Child Ballads collection? There, I superficially grazed the traditions of only two islands off the coast of Europe, and I already have 10,000 pages of reading. The rest of the planet is still unrepresented. I might as well say "read all the mythology and folklore of the world, period". Alternatively, I might include a single link: wikipedia.org.

Is it maybe better to choose books that offer a nice selection of tales from each tradition, meant for the modern reader, instead of mucking about with primary sources and entire mythologies?

I think it is, but I need your help, people: English isn't my native language, and such books (at least in English) are glaringly absent from my library. Could you come up with suggestions? Other ideas? Or should I scrap the whole thing and stick to the crunch?
    Those sources are excellent but so are A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare; The Encyclopedia of Things That Never Were: Creatures, Places, and People by Robert Ingpen and Michael Page; An Encyclopedia of Fairies: Hobgoblins, Brownies, Bogies, & Other Supernatural Creatures by Katherine Briggs; The Fairy Books by Andrew Lang (12 each of a different color); The Oz series by L. Frank Baum (probably the only truly American Fairy Stories); Grimm's Fairy Tales....

There are just too many sources to list. I'm not even sure some of those books are still in print.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Those sources are excellent but so are A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare; The Encyclopedia of Things That Never Were: Creatures, Places, and People by Robert Ingpen and Michael Page; An Encyclopedia of Fairies: Hobgoblins, Brownies, Bogies, & Other Supernatural Creatures by Katherine Briggs; The Fairy Books by Andrew Lang (12 each of a different color); The Oz series by L. Frank Baum (probably the only truly American Fairy Stories); Grimm's Fairy Tales....

There are just too many sources to list. I'm not even sure some of those books are still in print.

Debby
    Briggs isn't, much to my annoyance. The only one i'm unsure if it's in print is the "Encyclopedea of things that never were," but then, i'm not actually sure if that ever got published over here.

Most of the rest is available for free on Kindle or Gutenburg

Wikipedia is a pretty poor resource on such things because when it was new and rubbish, it got copy pasted a lot. Now, if you change anything, it gets put back with a citation for a website that was copied from it in the first place.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-12-27 at 02:54 PM.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

4. - Top - End - #34

Yeah, I now think it was a dumb idea, I'll just stick to d20 suggestions for further reading.

News!

1) I put the tables inside spoilers, because it was getting annoyingly difficult to navigate this page.

2) Remember when I said that I'd love to include third party sources, but I don't have any? Well, a friend was moved by the noble pursuit of this Compendium, and dropped a huge box of third party publications at my feet. For the cause, you understand. (I'm still in the middle, and I already have 100 new creatures. I haven't added them yet, but I will once I'm finished.)

3) And so, I did get my hands on "The Little People, A d20 Guide to Fairies". It's really a great book, I have only one small complaint. It's suitable only for very low level, very low magic games, unless you start tinkering with the stats. Which is, admittedly, very easy to do (their concept for custom-made fairies is excellent), but still: Oberon and Titania themselves as CR 3 creatures? Really?

Apart from that (which, as I said, can be easily bypassed) it's fantastic. Thanks to Debihuman for the heads up!
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    Oberon and Titania themselves as CR 3 creatures? Really?
    It DOES manage to capture most of the literary sources' abilities, though only at the expense of giving them spell-likes well beyond their HD totals...

Not the worst conversion, just unexpected.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I really suspect that the failure of "The Little People..." is due to the 3.0 monster rules not being standardized until 3.5. Monster feats are haphazard at best under 3.0.

Oberon and Titania probably could scale at higher and lower level campaigns but they don't necessarily have to be powerful to rule. It could be that all the other fairies didn't want the job for example. Bastion Press' "Fairies" presents alternative versions of Titania (having her be the actual rule and Oberon as her consort for example). The nice thing about this book is that it too is almost entirely open content (except for the cover, artwork and graphic elements) so I can post her stats here from the book. Obviously some information doesn't make sense without access to the book, but you can see how very different she is from her stats in "Little People."

Queen Titania Female feeorin Drd16/Sor7: CR 25; Medium-size humanoid (feeorin); HD 16d8 plus 7d4 plus +80; hp 192; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 14 (+4 Dex) (touch 14, flatfooted 10); Atk +17/+12/+7 melee (+15 Base, +2 Str) melee (1d8+7/19-20, +5 feyblade longsword) or
    +19/+14/+9 (+15 Base, +4 Dex) ranged; SA Druid abilities (16th level); SQ fey characteristics,; SV Fort +16 (+12 Base, +4 Con), Ref +11 (+7 Base, +4 Dex), Will +21 (+15 Base, +6 Wis); AL LN; Str 15 (+2), Dex 19 (+4), Con 18 (+4), Int 21 (+5), Wis 22 (+6), Cha 23 (+6). Height: 6 ft., 1 in. tall.

Aspect of Nature (optional--GM must adjust character stats for these abilities): Aspect of the Dawn, all five facets.

Skills and Feats: Animal empathy +27, Bluff +11, Concentration +18, Diplomacy +27, Handle animal +16, Heal +26, Hide +6, Knowledge (arcana) +23, Knowledge (nature) +21, Listen +8, Move silently +6, Pick pocket +9, Scry +21, Sense motive +11, Spellcraft +26, Spot +8; Concentrate Spell, Craft Wondrous Item, Crossing Over, Dilute Spell, Nature's Aspect (or Craft Staff, if Aspect ignored), Quicken spell, Silent spell, Spell Focus (Enchantment).

Languages Spoken: Common, Druidic, Fae, Ignan, Sylvan.

Druid Spells Per Day: 6/6/6/5/4. Base DC = 16 + spell level, 18 + spell level for enchantment spells.

Sorcerer Spells Known (6/7/4): 0th--detect magic, snooze, light,
    mage hand, prestidigitation, read magic. 1st—good luck, magic
    missile, shield. 2nd--web.

Signature Possessions: As Queen of FaerieLand, Titania has any magic and mundane item available to her. If the situation warrants, she will use her abilities to determine what would be most appropriate to take with her.
    Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #37

OK, I'm done with third party sources. I also added credits to the contributors in the first post (sorry for not doing that from the start, it was my first such attempt and I wasn't familiar with the protocol). All that's left now is the fluff section.

You can always make suggestions and/or corrections at any time, either here or by sending me a pm.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Now I did make sure to look before posting but if I missed a race tell me. I have a player that wants to play a medium sized fey/fairy with wings. She was very particular on this but from what I have seen both from my own research and on here it would seem only small to tiny fey/fairies have wings.

Also preferably, as we are starting between level 1 to 3, it would be best for the race not to have a high level adjustment.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Aren't there fairy gods such as Titania and the Dusk prince ?
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Egides Goddess of Swordmen and Air.
    Ezoth Deity of Stars and Dreams.
    The Songbird God of the Sky and Curiosity

Spoiler: Favourite Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    It is gay. It is turbo gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The salt is thick in your veins. It calls to me.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

d6 Re: [3.5] The Fey Compendium

I created this about 10 years ago. I hope you all enjoy. All comments and critique are welcomed!

Chosen of The Seelie Court

Also known as The Tel'Ary'Seelie

its a template that can be added to any Elf, Pixi, Brownie, Dryad, Nymph, Satyr, Korred, Slyph, Sprite, Hamadryad, Swanmay, or Fey creature. A Chosen of The Seelie uses the character's statistics and special abilities except as noted below.

Any Dryad Character who takes the mantle of Chosen of the Seelie Court is allowed to leave her oak tree without dying upon gaining chosen status

Fey Pledge: Chosen of The Seelie Court are the champions of the Fey folk. They wander the forests of Faerun acting as guardians to everything fey. They serve all the deities of the Seelie court but answer directly to Titianya and Oberon. They are quick to laugh at a revelry and quick to anger when the ancient woodlands of the faeries are threatened by any non-fey beings.
    They are pledged to watch over and protect all manner of Fey creatures, as well as participate in all celebrations and misadventures as much as possible. They are graceful and agile in combat seeming as if dancing in acrobatic swiftness. They love causing mischief to any and all creatures they happen apon and deliberately seek out followers of Erevan Ilesere to have friendly competitions over tricks, pranks and Feywine.

BONUS SPELLS (Sp): Constant~~ Protection from Law, Freedom of Movement, Holy Aura. At will~~ Mislead, Alter self. 5/day:~~ Expeditious Retreat, Invisibility. 3/day~~ Entangle, Confusion. 1/day~~ Weird, Word of Chaos.

Daydream(sp): The chosen can make creatures within 100 feet of her forget what they were doing and blankly stare off into the sky. Creatues can make a Will. save DC10 + Character level + Cha. bonus to negate the effects of the Daydream. The chosen may affect as many creatures as her total character level. Once under the effects of the Daydream the creatures are prone to attacks. This ability may be used 2 times a day and last 5 rounds + Charisma bonus.

Sylvan Stealth(Su): The chosen can take 20 on Move Silently and Hide even under stress when in any forests on Faerun.

Faerie Dust(Su): The chosen can create up to 5 ounces of Faerie Dust a day. If the faerie dust is used as any material component when casting spells from the school of Illusion she gains a +1 bonus per ounce to the DC of that spell.

Spell Immunity (Su): The chosen is immune to all Illusion spells as if she were constantly protected by a spell immunity spell.

Immunities (Ex): The Chosen are immune to aging effects and do not physically age. They are also immune to the spell-like abilities of all Fey creatures.

Create Crossroads (sp): This ability allows the chosen to create a Crossroad once a week as if using the Create Crossroads spell except there is no XP cost.

Detect Fey Mounds(su): The chosen can detect any Fey Mounds within 5oo feet. This ability is in constant effect.

Sleeping Beauty(Su): Any creature gazing into the eyes of the chosen with less than 15HD must make a Will. save DC10 _ Character level + Wis. bonus or fall into a deep stasis slumber lasting 1d2 days.

Faerie Fiddle (Sp): The Chosen may summon a crystal fiddle once a day. Upon playing a single note all creatures within 60 feet must make a Will. save DC10 + Character level + Wis. bonus or be affected as if by a Otto's Irresistable Dance for 1d6 rounds. Upon playing for a full round all creatures within 60 feet are affected as if by a Tasha's Hideous Laughter spell and are polymorphed into any small size creature you choose for 1d8 rounds.
    (can you imagine a squirrel laughing uncontrollably on the ground?)

Wrath of the Seelie (Su): This powerful ability may only be used one time a day. When threatened by evil and the lives of fey creatures need protecting the chosen may use one of these two abilities; 1. As the spell Cocoon except it affects up to 50HD of creature. A successful Fort. save DC10 + Character level + Wis. bonus negates the effects. Or 2. As the spell Meteor Swarm except the damage is Sonic and the area of effect is doubled. A successful Ref. save DC10 + Character level + Dex. bonus for half damage. Both spell-like abilities are cast as if by a 20th level sorcerer.

Saves: The character adds + 2 as a bonus to all saving throws.

Abilities: Increase from the character as follows: Dexterity
    +10, Charisma +2.

Skills: Disguise, Hide, and Move silently are class skills, regardless of the character's class.

Feats: (You gain these feats automatically without meeting their prerequisites) Improved Initiative, Quick Draw, and Weapon Finesse.

Climate/Terrain: Same as the character.
    Organization: Same as the character, But must be a devoted follower of Titianya or Oberon and The Seelie Court.
    Challenge Rating: Same as the character +5.
    Alignment: CG, CN,
    Treasure: Same as the character.
    Advancement: Same as the character
    Quick Reply Submit Post Cancel Quote message in reply?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hello. I just stumbled over this thread when searching for fey fluff for dnd and I didn't find any reference to this so here I go.

There used to be a cache of "retired articles" on Wizards' website back in the days (I've tried to dig it up on Wayback Machine but unfortunately not succeeded), where they had a series called "Adventure Locales". In that series there was an adventure called "The Silent Manse", written by Robert Wiese and Skip Williams, in which they had Brownie and Boggart updated to 3.x stat blocks. I have the adventure in pdf form fortunately (because I sort of anticipated a lot of the 3.x stuff would get lost so I basically crawled the website for all articles I was interested in keeping) so I'll just copy and paste the stat blocks and descriptions. I would assume this coming from Wizards themselves would count as official stats for the two fey.

Spoiler: Brownie
    Show
    Brownie
    Tiny Fey
    Hit Dice: 1/2 d6+2 (3 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 size, +5 Dex), touch 17, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-11
    Attack: Masterwork short sword +0 melee (1d3-3/19-20) or sling +7 ranged (1d2-3)
    Full Attack: Masterwork short sword +0 melee (1d3-3/19-20) or sling +7 ranged (1d3-3)
    Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Calm animal, spell-like abilities
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 30 ft., evasion, hide in plain sight, low-light vision, uncanny dodge, wild empathy
    +8 (+4 magical beasts)
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 5, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Skills: Balance+9, Climb +7, Craft (any one) +10, Diplomacy+4, Escape Artist +10, Handle Animal +3, Hide +17,
    Listen +6, Move Silently +8, Sense Motive +4, Spot +3, Tumble +8
    Feats: Agile, Dodge[B]
    Environment: Temperate and warm forests and plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, band (3-6), or company (7-16)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: 50% coins, 50% goods, standard items, plus masterwork short sword and masterwork artisan's tools
    Alignment: Usually lawful good
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +4

The creature resembles a very small elf, shorter than a halfling and very slim, with brown hair. It wears brightly
    colored garments and it carries a belt full of artisan's tools.

Brownies are benign and exceedingly nimble creatures that may be related very distantly to halflings. Peaceful
    and friendly, brownies live in pastoral regions, foraging and gleaning their food.

A brownie stands no taller than 2 feet and weighs about 6 pounds. Their garments are usually made of wool or
    linen and dyed bright colors and decorated with elaborate embroidery or trimmed with silver or gold studs and
    buttons.

Brownies speak Common, Halfling, and Sylvan, plus one other language (usually Elven or Gnome).

Combat

Brownies prefer not to engage in combat, and only do so in response to attacks or clear threats of violence.

Angry brownies rarely meet their foes in hand-to-hand combat. Instead, they retreat to a safe distance. They rely
    on their Tumble skill or ability to hide while being observed to avoid attacks of opportunity. Once safely out of
    reach, brownies use their spell-like abilities to harass and drive away enemies.

Calm Animal (Su): As a free action, a brownie can make an animal calm and docile. The power is similar to a
    calm animals spell as a 7th-level caster, except that it works on a single animal within 30 feet. An animal that has
    been affected or has made a successful saving throw against this power cannot be affected again for one day.
    The save DC against this power is 15. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +3 racial adjustment.

Spell-Like Abilities: A brownie can use any of the following, each once a day as a 7th-level caster: confusion
    (DC 15), dancing lights, daylight, dimension door, protection from evil, ventriloquism (DC 12).

Evasion (Ex): If a brownie is exposed to any effect that normally allows it to attempt a Reflex saving throw for
    half damage, the brownie takes no damage with a successful saving throw.

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): In areas of dim light, tall grass, or heavy undergrowth, a brownie can make itself
    practically invisible. Under these conditions, a brownie can use its Hide skill even while being observed and
    without having anything to actually hide behind.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A brownie retains its Dexterity bonus to AC even if caught flat-footed or targeted by an
    unseen foe. However, the brownie still loses its Dexterity bonus to AC if paralyzed or otherwise immobile.

Wild Empathy (Ex): A brownie can improve the attitude of an animal as a 7th-level character.

Skills: Brownies have a knack for working with their hands, and they gain a +2 racial bonus on all Craft checks.
    Most brownies also carry masterwork artisan's tools, and they gain a +2 bonus on checks with the Craft skill for
    which the tools are made (included in the numbers given above). Brownies have keen senses and receive a +2
    racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks. Brownies use their Dexterity scores for Climb checks.

Brownie Society

Brownies live in rural areas, making their homes in small burrows, hollow trees, or abandoned buildings. They
    often live close to or on farms, since they are fascinated by farm life.

Brownies live by harvesting wild fruits and gleaning grain from farmers' fields. Brownies are basically vegetarians
    who live very comfortably on the gleanings of agricultural life. They make efficient use of leftovers that are too
    small for humans to notice. When brownies glean from fields, they usually do so after harvest, gathering grains
    and fruits, which might otherwise be wasted. When they can harvest a few morsels earlier, they often do so if
    they can without spoiling the harvest.

Being honest to the core, brownies always perform some service in exchange for what they take. For example, a
    brownie might milk a farmer's cows and take only a small portion for itself.

Some brownies go so far as to become house brownies. They observe the families in a given area, and if one
    meets their high moral standards, these brownies secretly enter the household. At night, while the residents are
    asleep, they perform a variety of helpful tasks: spinning, baking bread, repairing farm implements, keeping foxes
    out of the hen house, mending clothes, and performing other household tasks. If a thief creeps silently into the
    house, they make enough noise to awaken the residents. Watchdogs and domestic animals usually consider
    brownies friendly and almost never attack or even bark at them (a result, no doubt, of their ability to calm or
    influence animals).

All brownies ask in exchange for their labor is a little milk, some bread, and an occasional bit of fruit. Etiquette
    demands that no notice be taken of them. If the residents boast about the presence of a brownie, the brownie
    vanishes.

Brownies are not greedy, but they often have small hoards of treasure, which they have taken from evil monsters
    or received as gifts from humans. A brownie sometimes leaves his treasure in a location where a good person in
    need is bound to find it.

Brownies quickly note strangers that come to the area where they dwell. They keep careful watch on the
    newcomers until their motives are established. If the brownies decide that a stranger is harmless, he is left in
    peace. If not, the brownies unite and drive the intruder out.

Brownies know every nook and cranny of the areas where they live, and thus make excellent guides, if they can
    be persuaded to serve.

Brownies as Characters

Brownie characters possess the following racial traits.

-- -6 Strength, +10 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma

--Tiny size: A brownie has a +2 bonus to Armor class and attack rolls and a +8 bonus on Hide checks. A brownie
    uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are half of those of a Medium
    character.

--A brownie's base land speed is 30 feet.

--Darkvision out to 30 feet.

--Low-light vision.

--Calm Animal: As a free action, a brownie can calm an animal. The power is similar to a calm animals spell,
    except that it works on a single animal within 30 feet. An animal that has been affected or has made a successful
    saving throw against this power cannot be affected again for one day. The caster level for this power is 7 + the
    brownie's character level. The save DC against this power is 14 + the brownie's Charisma modifier. This is a
    supernatural ability.

--Spell-Like Abilities: A brownie can use the any of the following, each once a day: confusion, dancing lights,
    daylight, dimension door, protection from evil, ventriloquism. Saving throws are 10 + spell level + the brownie's
    Charisma modifier. The brownie's caster level is 7 + the brownie's character level.

-- Evasion (Ex):If a brownie is exposed to any effect that normally allows it to attempt a Reflex saving throw for
    half damage, the brownie takes no damage with a successful saving throw. If the brownie gains a class level that
    gives it the evasion class feature, the brownie gains improved evasion instead.

-- Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): In areas of dim light, tall grass, or heavy undergrowth a brownie can use the Hide skill
    even while being observed and without having anything to actually hide behind. This ability does not stack with
    the hide in plain sight class feature.

-- Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A brownie retains its Dexterity bonus to AC even if caught flat-footed or targeted by an
    unseen foe. However, the brownie still loses its Dexterity bonus to AC if paralyzed or otherwise immobile. If the
    brownie gains a class level that gives it the uncanny dodge class feature, the brownie gains improved uncanny
    dodge instead.

-- Wild Empathy (Ex): A brownie can improve the attitude of an animal as a druid does. The brownie's bonus on
    wild empathy checks is 7 + the brownie's Charisma modifier. If the brownie gains levels in a class that has the
    wild empathy class feature, the brownie's bonus on wild empathy checks is 7 + the relevant class level + the
    brownie's Charisma modifier.

-- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks.

-- Automatic Languages: Common, Halfling, and Sylvan.

-- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Gnome.

-- Favored Class: Expert.

-- Level Adjustment +4.

Spoiler: Boggart
    Show
    Boggart
    Small Fey (Shapechanger)
    Hit Dice: 6d6+12 (33 hp)
    Initiative: +7
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 22 (+1 size, +7 Dex, +4 deflection), touch 22, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-2
    Attack: Shock +11 melee touch (2d6 electricity)
    Full Attack: Shock +11 melee touch (2d6 electricity)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Confusion, electrical bolt
    Special Qualities: Deflection, invisibility, immune to electricity, low-light vision, magic immunity, tongues,
    unstable form
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +12, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 9, Dex 25, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 16
    Skills: Balance+20, Climb +8, Escape Artist +18, Hide +20, Jump +12, Listen +12, Move Silently +16, Tumble
    +20
    Feats: Acrobatic, Agile, Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Temperate forests and marsh
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or band (3-6)
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: 1/10 coins, 50% goods, 50% items
    Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
    Advancement: 7-12 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment: --

The creature resembles a disheveled and bare-chested gnome. It wears a pair of dirty leather breeches and
    goes barefoot. It has wildly disarrayed fair hair, dusky skin, and large eyes.

Many scholars contend that the boggart is an immature form of the will-o'-wisp, and that seems so. The boggart
    shares many of the will-o'-wisp's most dreaded abilities and also can take a will-o'-wisp form briefly. Elf sages,
    however, contend that the boggart is a baleful fey creature that only superficially resembles the will-o'-wisp.
    Unlike a will-o'-wisp, a boggart has no ability to feed on emotions and wreaks havoc with other creatures for the
    sheer pleasure of doing so.

In its natural form, a boggart is about 2-1/2 feet tall and weighs about 15 pounds. Touching the boggart's skin
    triggers a harmless electrical discharge, much like a static shock. In its will-o'-wisp's form, a boggart's body is a
    globe of electrified gas about 1 foot across and weighing about a pound. The globe glows and sheds as much
    light as a hooded lantern (slightly brighter than a will-o'-wisp).

Boggarts speak Common and Sylvan, though they have a magical ability that allows them to converse haltingly
    with any creature that has a language.

Combat

Boggarts love to lure unsuspecting creatures to their doom. They usually employ their shape-shifting abilities to
    put victims off their guard before attacking. When possible, they use their confusion ability for the initial assault,
    then use their electrical shock attacks. If a foe proves immune to electricity, they attempt to escape, usually by
    assuming will-o'-wisp form and flying away.

Confusion (Su): A boggart can cause a magical confusion effect by keeping up a loud racket for 2 rounds. The
    boggart can sing, shout, bang pots and pans, or do anything else that makes a great deal of noise. Using this
    power requires 2 consecutive full-round actions. A single boggart creates a confusion effect in a 30-foot spread.
    Two or more boggarts can cooperate to create a bigger effect. To do so, the boggarts must be within 30 feet of
    each other and each boggart must make noise in the same general manner; for example, both boggarts might
    shout out bad poetry or both might sing. Each additional boggart that joins the effort add 10 feet to the spread
    radius, to a maximum radius of 80 feet. When two or more boggarts produce a confusion effect, each boggart
    produces a spread with the increased size.

The effect works just like the confusion spell except that it is a sonic, mind-affecting, compulsion effect. A DC 16
    Will save negates the effect. If a creature is subjected to multiple boggart confusion effects at the same time, it
    need save only once (against the effect with the highest DC if they don't all have the same DC). The save DC is
    Charisma-based. Once a creature has made a successful save against any boggart's confusion effect, it cannot
    be affected again by any boggart's confusion effect for 24 hours. A boggart's confusion effect does not affect
    other boggarts.

Electrical Bolt (Ex): A boggart can produce an electrical spark that can affect a single target within 40 feet. The
    boggart must make a ranged touch attack to hit the target, and a hit deals 2d4 points of electricity damage. Once
    the boggart fires a bolt, it must wait 1d4 rounds before it can fire another.

Deflection (Su): No matter what its form, a boggart is continually surrounded by a protective field that gives it a
    +4 defection bonus to Armor Class (already figured into the numbers given above).

Invisibility (Su): A boggart can become invisible as a standard action. This power works just like an invisibility
    spell, except that it lasts for 3d4 rounds (or until the boggart attacks).

Magic Immunity (Ex): The only spells that can affect boggarts are magic circle against chaos, magic circle
    against evil, magic missile, maze, protection from chaos, and protection from evil. Other spells and spell-like
    abilities fail just as if the spellcaster had failed to overcome spell resistance.

Tongues (Su): A boggart can converse with any creature that uses language. This power works just like a
    tongues spell cast by a 6th-level character, except that it is always active and it allows for only basic
    communication (only one- and two-syllable simple words and simple syntax).

Unstable Form (Su): A boggart can assume its own form or the form of any Small or Tiny humanoid, monstrous
    humanoid, or fey with a humanoid form. The boggart also can assume the form of a ball of electrified gas similar
    to a will-o'-wisp, but less tangible. When in will-o'-wisp form, the boggart can fly at a speed of 50, with perfect
    maneuverability. The boggart also gains damage reduction 10/magic and becomes immune to poison and critical
    hits. It cannot speak or use its confusion power, but it can use its shock and electrical bolt powers. It has no
    Strength score, but it cannot enter water. It can, however, pass through small holes or even mere cracks.

A boggart must change form every 3d4 rounds (though it can voluntarily switch forms sooner if it wishes). If flying
    when forced to change form, the boggart descends 60 feet a round until it lands, and it suffers no falling damage.

The boggart does not regain any hit points for changing its form. When changing form, a boggart retains its fey
    types and shapechanger subtype. It gains the size of its new form, along with the natural weapons, natural
    armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form. The boggart retains its own special
    qualities and does not gain any special qualities of its new form except as noted above the will-o'-wisp form. The
    boggart retains its own special attacks except as noted above the will-o'-wisp form. The boggart retains its own
    ability scores except as noted above the will-o'-wisp form. The boggart is effectively camouflaged as a creature
    of its new form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    Last edited by Returnip; 2023-03-20 at 02:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: Thread Necromancy
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)