New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

[Saer's room]
    ((I'm gonna go to sleep now. Goodnight! I'll post in the morning!))

Oh yes, you're perfectly clear. The shadow of a smile plays itself across Nixa's dark lips. You're a giveaway, Saer. You may threaten, but you don't seem to harm. Let's take a step back and look at this from a different perspective. She pauses for a moment. No really, take a step back, I can hardly breath.

Whether or not he actually does step away, Nixa continues, the intelligent smile growing. She runs a finger playfully down his chest. You can't harm me. You can't. Any damage on me is breaking the blood oath with Draaxar, but that isn't the only reason. Obviously you need someone bound to you, so if you hurt and kill me, you'd have to go through all this all over again. Fun, I'm sure. Not to mention that the inn they're standing in doesn't allow fighting.

Nixa now tries to sidestep away from the demon, white teeth flashing against her dark skin. So, "My Great and Terrible Lord," yes, she even adds air quotations with her fingers to go along with that, it may do you well to remember my rights. So, if that is all, might we go now?

*Sigh*, no, Nixa will probably never learn what a bad idea demon-insulting is.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's Room]

((Sleep well!))

He didn't step away, but growled quietly down at her. His eyes glanced down at the finger as she touched his chest, then raised back to hers with a quirked eyebrow. Strange...He didn't think she even realized it was the first time she touched him on her own volition.

But then her words. Both his brows rose, and rather than grow angrier, a terrible, lazy smile slowly lifted on his face. He waited until she was finished, then shrugged with his hands held partially up, as if in surrender. Though, to anyone who knew the demon, they might have seen the warning in the gesture, or at least known it was not a true reflection of his thoughts. "Clearly, you have this all figured out. You're absolutely right. My pact with your old master, did, indeed say, to never harm a single hair on your body."

Of course...that wasn't true...because he'd already burnt off a good chunk of it. So clearly that wasn't the wording...

Something had to be wrong. Why else would Saer give up this fight so easily?

He grabbed his cloak and went to the door, then with a terrible smile that never reached those cold eyes, he spoke quietly. "You've made my choice easy. Let's get you home. Then your training starts today."

He departed, fully anticipating her to follow.

((New thread: [Nexus] Saer's Manor))
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Two people? Ha!"
    He will try to telekinetically lift Naku's body and stretcher up.
    "I'm a unicorn pony silly! Telekinesis is my best skill!"
    Oh, an attempt something, sorry I missed it!

Yeah, it works perfectly fine.
    Not much against it she could do.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Pixie in the Playground

Jamil: Alright! Let's get to my place... I have a van out front.

*They go out, and there is one. He opens the back and clears out some random medical gear*

Jamil: Alright. I'm going to drive, you try to keep her alive, doctor.
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

5. - Top - End - #725

Songdancer and Dave will both go into the bak of the van, and will do their best to keep Naku alive...er...dead? Um, undead? >.>
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #726

Songdancer and Dave will both go into the bak of the van, and will do their best to keep Naku alive...er...dead? Um, undead? >.>
    Which isn't too terribly difficult, as the only thing that would stop her from being, you know, 'alive', would be choking on her own blood, and that's stopped.

So they have a fairly easy job.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #727

Dave looks down at Naku, not knowing how to handle this when he sees that she's a vampire.
    And then he facepalms.
    Reaching into his lab coat he retrieves a blood packet filled with his own blood(in case he needed to fake his death or blood was needed for him, as Dave has a really unique blood type) he opens the top, and then tries to drip it into Naku's mouth and get her to swallow it.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #728

Dave looks down at Naku, not knowing how to handle this when he sees that she's a vampire.
    And then he facepalms.
    Reaching into his lab coat he retrieves a blood packet filled with his own blood(in case he needed to fake his death or blood was needed for him, as Dave has a really unique blood type) he opens the top, and then tries to drip it into Naku's mouth and get her to swallow it.
    Aaaaah, there it goes.
    It's pretty interesting to watch, as Naku's ribs pop back into place.
    A few moments later, and with another cough, Naku's eyes snap open again.
    Though she doesn't say anything . . .
    Show

9. - Top - End - #729

Dave does a fist pump of victory!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Man, you're a good doctor!"
    "I'm a damn good doctor!"
    He opens the back door of the van.
    "Person driving the van! I fixed her!"
    Songdancer looks a bit worried and relieved at Naku.
    "You okay, hun?"
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Eileen undeadtimes. She kicks her player, then looks around.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #731
    Bugbear in the Playground

Next to Ashtrek stands Fade he has a glas in his hand and looks at the door where they brought Naku out.

"Near killing someone isn't a good way to come back here. It's really weak that you aren't able to controll the power given to you."

Fade had the need to say this, in his mind someone had to tell her about that. I doubt he makes things better.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #732

"I never said everyone is wek. The first time you asked me about weapons guns and stuff and in my opinion user of these are weak. And don't come with this isn't right using a gun means you cant do anything for range by yourself ergo a weakness they complain. And for now I call you weak cause your atemp to well whatever you wanted to do failed and ended in her crushed ribs. It doesn't make me feel stronger, I don't even understand why you think it would. I just tell the obviouse things. Don't blame me for your failure."

With the last sentence he looks at her and his look should be rather intimidating due to the black clothes and the shining yellow eyes. In fact he dislikes her, not for herself more cause she was going to kill Naku and Fade don't want to leave here so soon. After all he goes back to work like nothing happened.

13. - Top - End - #733

Startled by the yelling, the fox that was sleeping in a chair wakes up with a start and falls out of the chair.
    ---
    ((Mee?))
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #734

Dave does a fist pump of victory!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Man, you're a good doctor!"
    "I'm a damn good doctor!"
    He opens the back door of the van.
    "Person driving the van! I fixed her!"
    Songdancer looks a bit worried and relieved at Naku.
    "You okay, hun?"
    ((I was planning on waiting for Jade's character, as he's in this too.
    Buuuuut,))

Naku's eyes go wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.
    "Wait, you fixed me?
    Like . . . LIKE A DOG?!"

And she bursts into tears!
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735

"What? No! That's ridiculous!"
    "All I did was cut open a blood packet and make you drink my blood so your natural regenerative qualities would kick in so you wouldn't did!"
    "..."
    "That sounded better in my head."

Songdancer looked worried still.
    "And it's important to know if you're okay now..."
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-02-15 at 09:26 PM.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #736

"What? No! That's ridiculous!"
    "All I did was cut open a blood packet and make you drink my blood so your natural regenerative qualities would kick in so you wouldn't did!"
    "..."
    "That sounded better in my head."

Songdancer looked worried still.
    "And it's important to know if you're okay now..."
    "Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine Dancer, thank you.
    And thank you too."

Naku says, nodding at Zee Doktar.
    "I do appreciate it."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737

Quote Originally Posted by Chezmarine View Post
    Ashtrek growls and flattens her ears back, baring her Long Fangs. She glares at Fade.

"Weak. Weak. Weak. THAT'S EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! IF I'M SO WEAK AND YOU'RE SO POWERFUL, WHY DON'T YOU IGNORE THE PATHETIC LITTLE WOLF AND MIND YOUR OWN ****ING BUSINESS, YOU MOTHER ****ING ******* LICKING GOD DAMN ***** *** ******!?!? YOU KNOW WHAT? LET'S SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL! OUTSIDE. NOW. OR I'M GOING TO BREAK THE ONE POLICY I LOVED ENFORCING!"
    Shouting and insulting against Fade... well only shouting since Fade doesn't understand the insulting. The Fade looks at the little fox who felt out of the chair.

"Why should I ignore this little wolf there? I just don't understand why you have to involve a third person into this discussion. And you really should listen better. I didn't only say weak weak weak. Your kind is strange and so loud. Are you in heat? Heared that foxes have such times."

Fade don't want to start a fight here and he really don't care if he insulted her his voice and mimik still say that he don't care.

18. - Top - End - #738

"It was nothing...all I did was make you drink a little blood..."
    "I'm glad you're okay Naku...though didn't you say you were putting off drinking blood?"
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-02-17 at 07:36 AM.
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #739

"It was nothing...all I did was make you drink a little blood..."
    "I'm glad you're okay Naku...though didn't you say you were putting off drinking blood?"
    Naku shrugs slightly.
    "Normally, but this was a . . . special occasion. Now, I think we should get inside, apparently it's starting to hit the fan."
    She says, swinging her legs off the cot, and standing up.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Antony sits at a table being odd. He's waving his hands like he's directing an invisible orchestra. It seems he's not paying attention to much.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Spec will be able to help Trium dress, and the immortal will try to do the same for her. If she can tell that the assassin is having pretty much a perfect day, the heavily augmented woman seems quite pleased at that.

"Of course. Is there a specific type of dancing you'd like to learn? I don't think I can teach you all the ones I know, just because I doubt you can bend properly for some of them, but I'll teach you all the ones I can."
    [Trium and Spec's Temporal Alteration Chamber]

Finally, we manage to get these two lovebirds clothed! That took some effort and doing, so they'd better scoot off to a cave before anything else alluring causes Spec to attempt to curtain her Trium one more time.

And yes. Spec is quite open about how shockingly purrfect this day has been for her. Rawr!

I'm also betting that, at this stage, Trium has taken a pretty decent assessment of Spec's flexibility.

"That sounds great! I'll hold you to those words when it comes time to celebrate surviving those caverns."

With that promise spoken, Spec moves slowly but steadily toward the door.

-------
    Dave
    Dave sighed. If he didn't kiss Becky then he'd have to get his eyes operated on by a drunk Clarissa but stay completely and utterly faithful to his wife.
    On the otherhand, if he did kiss Becky then his eyes would be safe, as would the rest of his body.
    "Okay."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Tavern Central]

"I don't think anything's wrong with my body, dear." Becky gives Clarissa a sly wink, and chuckles. "However everyone else around might go off their feed if you went for public surgery..."
    [Tavern Proper]

Clarissa's expression suddenly morphs into one taxed by forgetfulness, bewilderment, and confusion. She stares blankly at Dave and then Becky. Her gaze drifts to Dave again. Then it returns to Becky. She blinks rapidly, her mind in a dream-like state, before she beholds the truly ludicrous and unrealistic stack of bottles of cider which have accumulated in front of her. She has been guzzling hard liquor like mad. Almost like she only had an hour to live and was endeavoring to cut that time in half.

"Wow."

Clarissa warbles, her speech slurred to the max on account of booze!

Dave might get a nagging feeling that something is off about Clarissa tonight. When he studied her "under a microscope" at Umbrella, she was supposed to have immaculate poison and disease resistances. Technically speaking, she shouldn't be able to get drunk.

Unless she disabled those entirely, in which case she no longer has any conceivable tolerance for alcohol...

"Where are we?"

The puzzled, intoxicated, loquacious, and besotted dame mutters.

And then, her hair changes color for no apparent reason. It is green now.

Neon green.

Gasps! She's losing control over her powers of transforma-

*Thwump.*

-tion, isn't she? At least she's passed out beside her drinking buddies now. She can't do any measurable harm in that state.

Not much, anyway.

'S probably a good time to ditch Clarissa in a secure-ish area until she wakes up.

Dave likely knows of Clarissa's pad back at AMEN.

I know that Becky assuredly does.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    That's pretty cool, another ship with dimension-hopping capability! Most people Ftha-Yekub knows who have ships crashed here accidentally.

Ftha-Yekub merely shrugs. "If you say so. But I've been to dimensions where ships are as easily repaired as some of the most basic land vehicles (and sometimes at a cheaper price).

I never heard of the Kalmnesh before. Where are they from?"
    Maerndra smiles sadly, and shrugs.

"Here and there. Liemnos, Aernden, Morinhal, Kiorta, Orvel... Kalmnesh is a company, not a species. Or was a company, I suppose, if you've never heard of them."

[Trium and Spec]

Indeed, Trium has almost certainly gotten a fairly good idea of just how flexible Spec is, which is why she's fairly certain that it does not include things such as being able to bend over backwards far enough to look at people in front of her.

In any case, the immortal follows the assassin towards the door, smiling happily as she goes.

"Speaking of which, do you have a cave in mind to explore, or are we just heading out to find some potential ones?"

23. - Top - End - #743
    Pixie in the Playground

[Trium and Spec's Room]

Why would anyone want to bend backwards that far? That's like saying that someone wants the ability to rotate his/her head 360 degrees about the axis running up the center of his/her head vertically, if standing.

Okay, I think I answered my own question there. That'd be cool as ice cream and twice as awesome.

"I was thinking that we'd scan somewhere around here for a cave and enter one randomly."

Spec grins wide, outwardly satisfied with her idea that totally won't backfire like everything else she tries dissociated with gladiatorial/assassination-related fields!

Needless to say, the pair will probably acquire rope and other equipment from a mysterious, unnamed gear vendor before they embark on their epic quest!

((To [Virtue's Cave] in the Outside thread?))

Get ready for classy loot and experience farming with monsters galore!

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

[Tavern Proper]

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Clarissa's expression suddenly morphs into one taxed by forgetfulness, bewilderment, and confusion. She stares blankly at Dave and then Becky. Her gaze drifts to Dave again. Then it returns to Becky. She blinks rapidly, her mind in a dream-like state, before she beholds the truly ludicrous and unrealistic stack of bottles of cider which have accumulated in front of her. She has been guzzling hard liquor like mad. Almost like she only had an hour to live and was endeavoring to cut that time in half.

"Wow."

Clarissa warbles, her speech slurred to the max on account of booze!

Dave might get a nagging feeling that something is off about Clarissa tonight. When he studied her "under a microscope" at Umbrella, she was supposed to have immaculate poison and disease resistances. Technically speaking, she shouldn't be able to get drunk.

Unless she disabled those entirely, in which case she no longer has any conceivable tolerance for alcohol...

"Where are we?"

The puzzled, intoxicated, loquacious, and besotted dame mutters.

And then, her hair changes color for no apparent reason. It is green now.

Neon green.

Gasps! She's losing control over her powers of transforma-

*Thwump.*

-tion, isn't she? At least she's passed out beside her drinking buddies now. She can't do any measurable harm in that state.

Not much, anyway.

'S probably a good time to ditch Clarissa in a secure-ish area until she wakes up.

Dave likely knows of Clarissa's pad back at AMEN.

I know that Becky assuredly does.
    "Methinks the lady doeth drink too much," Becky drawls, regarding her friend with a bemused expression.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #745

"She shouldn't be able to be passed out drunk though...I should know I examined her body rather thoroughly. Her poison and disease resistances are so high up there that they're nigh impossible to overcome...we need to bring her to a place where she can recuperate. She has a room at AMEN, correct?"
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #746

Since there talking is in the Inn itself I assume people may hear things. Ignore this when your talking in secret.

"We also offer Rooms upstairs." Fade tells them while serving an NPC a drink.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, whatever Dave and Becky are/aren't going to do, they had best do it right quick now! Clarissa is-

"Zzzzzzz..."

-not snoring. Shh, Clarissa! I'm trying to say something important here!

Anyway, Clarissa appears to have sprouted a bushy, gold-dyed wolf-tail of sorts! It is silky soft and smooth as the skin of a newborn baby. It would feel very nice to stroke, as it resembles the texture of a puppy's fur!

Two triangular wolf-ears have replaced her normal ears as well. They aren't much of a problem as they do not contribute to Clarissa's unique dilemma at all. They are quite adorable, as a matter of fact!

What is troubling is that Clarissa's short-shorts weren't sewn with the foresight bringing under scruple the notion that they would someday accommodate a humongous tail...

Or three, as the case would now seem...

They won't split, but they don't do a good job of concealing her undergarments anymore... Clarissa would be far from elated about that major inadequacy if she were even semi-conscious.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-18 at 09:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

A lady rides up to the inn on her great grey war-horse. Her knee-length scruffy brown hair blows behind her in the chill breeze, but neither she in her sturdy hide coat nor her horse with its thick fur seem bothered by the cold.

Beside her rides a lad on his caramel colored pony. He too is dressed warmly against the cold. His stark-white shoulder-length hair nearly matches the snow on the ground.

The two might be recognized by some at the DFI as Lady Raennall and Thein.

"I hope to see Songdancer again." the boy says. "But are you sure we'll be alright with that vampire around?"

"I agreed to meet Dispair here, and I must speak to Sorrow. I will not break my word to them. Avoid the vampire for now, though I feel we saw only one small page of a larger story that day. Reserve judgement until we have had the opportunity to read more of that book, Thein."

The lady dismounts and Thein hurries to take the horses' reins. "I'll put them in the stable." he says.

The lady thanks him before she heads into the main room of the inn and looks about for familiar faces.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

29. - Top - End - #749

Thein might notice as he brings the horse to the stable that Songdancer is out there chatting with his friend, Banana Creme Pie, another pony like him who can talk. Except she has a white coat, green eyes, a blonde mane that's all poofy, and a banana creme pie for a cutie mark.
    "Songdancer, the apple pie is not greater than the banana creme pie as the banana creme pie is better for throwing and eating."
    "Well then you're obviously forgetting the exception to that of the apple pies at Sweet Apple Acres."
    ---
    Dave
    Waiting for Bushranger.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-02-19 at 11:17 AM.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Out by the stables]

Thein rounds the corner of the Inn, leading the pair of horses by their reins.

Spoiler
    Show

Raennall's horse:

Thein's pony: This picture is of a little Shetland pony. Thein's pony is the same color and just as fuzzy, but it is much taller. It would be classified as a horse, but it is missing just an inch at the withers.

"Caramel, I will get you some nice oats, and then...." he breaks off his discussion with his beloved steed when he sees Songdancer.

"Hello, Songdancer!" he calls, and then runs over to his friend. Caramel has to break into a trot to keep up with the excited boy. "I was hoping you'd be here!"

The warhorse makes a low, polite snuffling sound to greet Banana Cream Pie. It is a pleasant, if archaic "good morrow ma'am" in Equine.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)