New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Remember where the Green Sun actually appeared? That's right, at the place where the Tumor was. And where was that Tumor? It was carried by Rose and Dave. And where were Rose and Dave? In a makeshift spaceship. Which was built out of what exactly? Oh, yeah, the moon of Derse. That moon in which core there were their emergency copies of the Quest Bed.

In fact, we pretty much learned about the Quest Beds in the core because of the Green Sun god tiers.
    Right. Just re-watched that part, for some reason I always thought that they were flying off to in front of the moon, when it seems to be pretty clear that they're heading inside of it.

Of course, it seems like not too big a deal to simply appearify the quest beds from before their demise, and along those lines, to appearify the dead dream selves, and then throw them in a sprite to revivify them.

New theory: Gamzee is here to throw dead dream troll ectoplasm into the sprites.

This leaves Tavros as the only one out of the loop, but oh hey look at that we also have uu who is about to enter her session, right? Let's hup a dead dream tavros into her sprite so we can resurrect him as well. If true, that would imply that uu's aspect is Breath.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe, on the meteor, Gamzee went back in time and achieved god tier. He then went forward in time to the meteor and got off to help Jane. Maybe he somehow found out a way to get off before the others. (Remember, Rose can only see which route is most fortuitous.)

And he doesn't have wings because his ideal being is a mirthful messiah, not insectoid troll fairies.

Also, did anyone see my maid theory that's probably already been thought of? I think it's the last post a couple pages back.
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2012-04-16 at 06:53 PM.
    ____

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    The trolls killed by *Gamzee* would be redundant with the roles of the new Kids; the other deaths are from other sources, and needn't fit a pattern if we're trying to figure out why Gamzee killed who he did. If they were brought back as Sprites, they could use their own experiences with their session plus the game-knowledge granted to the Sprites to kickstart the new Kids group in figuring out their role powers.
    I agree, but I was extending the suggestion: of the four other casualties from the troll party, we lost Light (Rose) and Breath (John), while Time (Dave) and Doom opted to stay behind (although I'm still unclear on how much choice Sollux had on the matter).

As it is, of the four trolls, the four alpha kids, and the four beta kids, only Space appears twice (Jade and Kanaya) while Doom doesn't appear at all.

One other thought. Is staying behind the first choice Aradia made of her own free will? Is it at all possible that the reason she and Dave were forced preserve specific timelines was because their outcome had already influenced the past? Namely Lord English, of course. His already being here-ness by its very natue means that any timeline where he doesn't get created is automatically doomed. If that's the case, the dynamics of time travel may be quite different from now on.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Have now read the entire archive.

Right, I think I at least sort of understand the plot. Although what Lord English is doing, I'm not sure. Or exactly how people pieced together the identity of the pre-scratch trolls. Or what sort of role UU and uu have to play, or what their also being trolls implies. I also have no idea why the... "Dersites," or whatever their proper name is, blew up the game board.

But then, I don't think I'm supposed to understand any of this yet.

Waiting for new comics is hard.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post

Right, I think I at least sort of understand the plot. Although what Lord English is doing, I'm not sure. Or exactly how people pieced together the identity of the pre-scratch trolls. Or what sort of role UU and uu have to play, or what their also being trolls implies. I also have no idea why the... "Dersites," or whatever their proper name is, blew up the game board.

Yeah, there is a fine line between stuff you haven't figured out because you missed one crucial line of text somewhere, stuff you haven't figured out because Hussie hasn't told us yet, and stuff you haven't figured out because it's not really relevant to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Yeah, there is a fine line between stuff you haven't figured out because you missed one crucial line of text somewhere, stuff you haven't figured out because Hussie hasn't told us yet, and stuff you haven't figured out because it's not really relevant to the story.
    The Wiki can help.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post

We've only seen two pre-scratch trolls, Aranea and Meena. However, all the pre-scratch trolls are likely to be matches to the Ancestors, the same way Dirk and Roxy are matched with Bro and Mom. The Ancestors are largely drawn from a story Doc Scratch tells while in the green room. It's basically a ridiculously warped parody of Christianity, where Karkat's ancestor is a guy who thinks trolls don't have to be so color centered and evil and tries to tell the world about this novel idea, but then gets tortured and killed for it by the highbloods, while his followers are divided and dealt with in various ways.

An interesting thing about Meena and the Condesce is that Meena is described as the Thief of Life while the Condesce is described as being able to grant longevity to whoever she touched suggesting that she's a Life aspect as well. What's interesting is Meena's response to finding out she was dead: she was thrilled. I think it's likely she killed her entire party off for the express purpose of allowing them to survive (in a fashion) beyond the scratch, similar to Jade and her yellow yard trick.

UU/uu is a new mystery we have no good data on. They disguise their blood type like Karkat does, and use a similar typing quirk to Gamzee's loud and quiet voices (only with the u inverted). Honestly, we know nothing. We're just spitballing in the hope that if we do it enough we may be able to guess what's coming next.

As for the Dersites, they're... complicated. They're so opposed to creation (or maybe it's just that they hate frogs enough that they hate creation on that principle) so that, while they (usually) revere their hometown heroes, they are ultimately obligated to oppose the primary goal of a session: creating a genesis frog. Of course, the battlespace (skaia) serves as the "womb" if you will for the genesis frog, so destroying it is as good as destroying the frog itself, but the only way to destroy the battlespace is to start the Reckoning -where the black king defeats the white king and takes his staff and uses it to bombard skaia with meteors. (Apparently, the concept that the white king could actually win this fight is so ridiculous as to never be mentioned.)

Of course, this time we've got the Condesce rather than the black queen. Not only does this version of Jack respect her, but she also is breaking a lot of rules by killing heroes before the start of the game and killing both kings. Actually, the number of rules she's broken is likely one of the reasons the new Jack likes her...
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

So.

Uh.

This update.

Um.

Gamzee, while I love you, way to be creepy. I approve.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It took me like ten minutes to realize he's selling bottles of troll blood. I blame distraction by codpiece.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my gosh this update.

I don't even have any words for it.

None of the words, man. None of them.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It took me like ten minutes to realize he's selling bottles of troll blood. I blame distraction by codpiece.
    This.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The maid of life now has the blood of the dead trolls.
    Please Hussie. Give us this. Please.
    (Interestingly, this includes Sol.)

There isn't any more to the flash than the shop, right?
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-04-17 at 07:12 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I saw someone point this out over on the MSPA forums. Gamzee still has the claw-scars on his face from when Nepeta attacked him. Injuries heal when a player ascends to god tier (except maybe for Terezi's blindness, possibly? Due to her dream self already being blind and stuff, we may never know) which means that Gamzee must have ascended to the god tier before that happened and was hiding it all along.

Plus I doubt that there was a quest bed on the meteor. I really think he's been hiding it all along (and it's also possible that's why he seemed even more powerful than Vriska)
    Terezi's dreamself was blind because Terezi liked and defined herself by being blind, to the point of denying healing when it was offered. There's nothing saying Gamzee couldn't feel the same way about scars that he gave himself.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Good grief, that codpiece.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait... He's selling stuff? What codpiece?

EDIT: DRat. Am I going to have to clear my Cache every time I want to check for an update?
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-04-17 at 09:03 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

15. - Top - End - #795
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you aren't looking at [S] Jane: Cautiously Approach, then click "show all" or something, since that's the most recent one from my perspective. Apparently the site's been a bit glitchy lately with updates.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Orc in the Playground

Is there anything past the shop?

Hm. Will the 'potions' be used for prototyping or just bringing back to life?
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

17. - Top - End - #797
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    If true, that would imply that uu's aspect is Breath.
    How? what does Aspect have to do with Sprites?

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Here, a direct link:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006727

The text boxes seem much, much funnier if you decline the potions.

Also...

Spoiler
    Show
    Click on his codpiece at your own risk!

19. - Top - End - #799
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    Wait, what?

Quest beds are known to exist in two places, on a player's planet, and in the core of the planet their dreamself exists on. Both of these places were destroyed by Bec Noir. Where did you get the idea that the quest beds were on the meteor?

Besides, the trolls already mentioned that they kinda blew their chances at a god tiering since that happened. If their quest beds were on the meteor, and they still had dreamselves, then they'd be able to get to god tier no problem. To the best of my knowledge, Gamzee has neither of those things.

That said, we didn't see Gamzee's dreamself die, or at all for that matter, so..?
    Spoiler
    Show

Look at the upper right... Gamzee may have been god-tier this entire time.

Also, I will point out that Skaia puts quest beds/crypts wherever it pleases itself for the timelines to work; Aradia's was in the heart of Derse proper, while Dave and Rose were in the moon. Also, just because we've seen it work on a quest bed does it REALLY have to be the one that matches your symbol? We have no proof that it can't. We could get ALL the quest beds in this session because of self-fulfilling stuff. Heck, for all we know, we could revive Aranea and Meenah somehow.

At this point, Huss is moving in mysterious ways, and is more difficult to predict than Gamzee.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    How? what does Aspect have to do with Sprites?
    It was suggested that the four new kids lined up with four of the dead trolls relative to their Aspect. The only other player with a un-prototyped sprite that we know of is uu/UU, and the only dead troll left out of the loop is Tavros, who's aspect is Breath. Thus, uu/UU's aspect is likely to be Breath, to continue the symmetry.

On the other hand, Gamzee has the blood of all the dead trolls including Vriska, who already went god-tier, and Sollux, and Kanaya, who are kinda-sorta alive already.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I wouldn't put it past Gamzee to god-tier and then not tell anybody about it. Heck, he may not have even realized it himself. He just takes a MoThEr****InG LiEdOwN oN tHiS sWeEt SlAb, wakes up at some point in some WiCkEd PaJaMaS. He changes out of them, then chalks the whole thing up to a MiRaClE.
    Last edited by BRC; 2012-04-17 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #802
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    It was suggested that the four new kids lined up with four of the dead trolls relative to their Aspect. The only other player with a un-prototyped sprite that we know of is uu/UU, and the only dead troll left out of the loop is Tavros, who's aspect is Breath. Thus, uu/UU's aspect is likely to be Breath, to continue the symmetry.

On the other hand, Gamzee has the blood of all the dead trolls including Vriska, who already went god-tier, and Sollux, and Kanaya, who are kinda-sorta alive already.
    I don't think he had Kanaya's blood though. He has the blood of every troll who's body is currently not ambulatory, regardless of status as alive/dead.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Look at the upper right... Gamzee may have been god-tier this entire time.
    I... what am I supposed to be seeing? [/slow]
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    A questbed on top of a circus tent lookalike.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Raised structure, surrounded by four glowy pillar things. Looks a lot like John and Jade's quest beds.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Also, I will point out that Skaia puts quest beds/crypts wherever it pleases itself for the timelines to work; Aradia's was in the heart of Derse proper, while Dave and Rose were in the moon. Also, just because we've seen it work on a quest bed does it REALLY have to be the one that matches your symbol? We have no proof that it can't. We could get ALL the quest beds in this session because of self-fulfilling stuff. Heck, for all we know, we could revive Aranea and Meenah somehow.
    Dave had a quest bed on his planet. There was a whole thing where Terezi set it up so if he wanted to go God tier, he would have to kill himself. I think the dream beds in the moons are there to act as alternatives so that you can go god tier if you only have your dream self left.
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-04-17 at 02:23 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    A questbed on top of a circus tent lookalike.
    Raised structure, surrounded by four glowy pillar things. Looks a lot like John and Jade's quest beds.
    Ooh, I see.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Banned

This is an ectobiological nightmare O.e

Back on topic.
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-04-17 at 04:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    UU/uu is a new mystery we have no good data on. They disguise their blood type like Karkat does, and use a similar typing quirk to Gamzee's loud and quiet voices (only with the u inverted). Honestly, we know nothing. We're just spitballing in the hope that if we do it enough we may be able to guess what's coming next.
    Current crazy theory: uu and UU are two split-personalities of the same troll. (I have no proof, but something they said to Jane makes me suspect this.)

(And, of course, I done been ninja'ed.)
    Last edited by Arbane; 2012-04-17 at 07:06 PM.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

30. - Top - End - #810
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Current crazy theory: uu and UU are two split-personalities of the same troll. (I have no proof, but something they said to Jane makes me suspect this.)

(And, of course, I done been ninja'ed.)
    Alternate crack theory: uu/UU are the same troll in two different bodies! One to vent anger, the other to vent happiness.
    ... yeah, no.
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"