New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3391
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Mystery prize #8 is another seven straight days of OOTS (sometime in 2012). For every $100,000 we do over a million, Rich will add a day.

2. - Top - End - #3392
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Because Rich is awesome like that:

PLEDGE $11 OR MORE
    0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (5 of 5 remaining)
    BROKE-ASS STUDENT SPECIAL: A crayon drawing of any OOTS character, made by Rich Burlew, plus the art print, the magnet, and the other free swag, plus a patch. No books or other stuff added (no exceptions). SPECIAL: In order to get this package, you must be under 23 years of age and will be required to email me a photo of yourself holding your high school or college I.D. (or similar documentation) when I ask for it. Please don't take this unless you really are a broke-ass student, and please don't take this on behalf of your broke-ass son or daughter.
    Estimated Delivery: Jun 2012

NOTE::::

Rich Burlew 1 minute ago
    New rewards at $11 and $675. Please do not take the $11 unless you really are a broke-ass student.

Rich Burlew less than a minute ago
    HINT: If you have an alt with another package for hundreds of dollars, you are not broke-ass even if you are a student.

PLEDGE $675 OR MORE
    0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (10 of 10 remaining)
    PATIENCE for YOUR D&D PARTY: An original full-color crayon drawing of your D&D party (or party from another RPG, up to 6 characters) based on your descriptions, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the world, plus six Roy Greenhilt magnets, six of all the other free stuff, six art prints, six patches, and one copy of the Sticky Shticks expansion. No books or games added (no exceptions). (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #3393
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I'm a broke student. I'm just a broke Grad-student and as such don't count.

Oh, well. I didn't find it until it had run out anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #3394
    Ogre in the Playground

Surprisingly enough, the BASS packages have sold out.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

5. - Top - End - #3395
    Firbolg in the Playground

smile Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I managed to grab a Broke-ass student one, and I fit all the requirements. But then I realized that I can afford the other stuff for it's actual price, with the exception of the drawing, and I'd rather let someone else get a kickass drawing and let me get my swag in good conscience. So that should have a new opening now.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-20 at 02:47 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #3396
    Dwarf in the Playground

The new crayon party drawings are going fast, as expected.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

7. - Top - End - #3397
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Something I'm sure the Giant finds hilarious.
    Yup. He mentioned on that GeekAcademia interview that he's slightly tired of being interviewed and talked about solely for how much money he's raising, as opposed to what that money is going to.

Anyways, now we have to worry about potentially not breaking through every goal. Terrifying!

8. - Top - End - #3398

Goddamnit, my broke-ass student ass was too slow . Would have been amazing...

Ah well .

9. - Top - End - #3399
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good thing he reminded us to make sure our credit card information was in order. I just had to cancel mine because the card number was used out of state. And also upped how much I pledge by $2 for the sake of it.

10. - Top - End - #3400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Because Rich is awesome like that:

PLEDGE $11 OR MORE
    0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (5 of 5 remaining)
    BROKE-ASS STUDENT SPECIAL: A crayon drawing of any OOTS character, made by Rich Burlew, plus the art print, the magnet, and the other free swag, plus a patch. No books or other stuff added (no exceptions). SPECIAL: In order to get this package, you must be under 23 years of age and will be required to email me a photo of yourself holding your high school or college I.D. (or similar documentation) when I ask for it. Please don't take this unless you really are a broke-ass student, and please don't take this on behalf of your broke-ass son or daughter.
    Estimated Delivery: Jun 2012

NO!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I JUST chucked my student ID away. Goddamn it!
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #3401
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I managed to grab a Broke-ass student one, and I fit all the requirements. But then I realized that I can afford the other stuff for it's actual price, with the exception of the drawing, and I'd rather let someone else get a kickass drawing and let me get my swag in good conscience. So that should have a new opening now.
    That was incredibly wonderful of you, MoonCat. I'm sure whoever snapped it up thanks you very much.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #3402

Here is my personal promise, which will only be taken back under extreme circumstances:

I will upgrade my pledge to include all of the colour books (as well as OtOoPCs, as I have previously pledged for) if and only if I complete my legal CV (which I have been putting off for far, far too long) tomorrow before the deadline, and actually hand my normal CV in to a certain local shop.

Put here as evidence, so I know if I miss my chance to get them all, it'll be my own bloody stupid fault .

13. - Top - End - #3403
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Giant has updated!
    Okay, in addition to the previous upgrades I made in my pledge I created a new account to get the game expansion as well. The really frustrating thing for me is that had I known that my car would sell prior to this ending I could have gotten the third "personalized story" that WampaX snatched up back on day 2. Oh those innocent days when we were worried that this project might not get a "second" book funded. We blew that goal out the water, got all 6 books funded, got larger print runs for the books, and then got even bigger printings needed. Insane, but cool.

Crossing fingers that we get to 2000%.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

14. - Top - End - #3404

That was incredibly wonderful of you, MoonCat. I'm sure whoever snapped it up thanks you very much.
    Eh, basic morals. Although I'm noticing my desire to punch myself in the head just went up a bit. Lot.

Just kidding. I like not being greedy.

Crossed fingers too. I really wanna hit and destroy all goals the Giant can give us.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-20 at 02:57 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #3405
    Ogre in the Playground

Crossed fingers too. I really wanna hit and destroy all goals the Giant can give us.
    We already defeated him are we trying to reduce him to -10 HP now?

16. - Top - End - #3406
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    No, we're confirming the critical.

17. - Top - End - #3407
    Pixie in the Playground

*sniff* MoonCat, you make me proud to be a part of the Chinook state. :')

Also, realized I could use a credit card to bolster my pledge for more insane prizes. I then slapped myself, and calmly put the credit cards away.

18. - Top - End - #3408
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I wonder if anyone bothered to warn Tim Schafer and those other guys at the Double Fine project there is a ticked off white dragon planning to ambush them.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    I participated!

19. - Top - End - #3409
    Ogre in the Playground

No, we're confirming the critical.
    What's the multiplier on obsessive fans? x20?

20. - Top - End - #3410
    Orc in the Playground

I just hope we havn´t overloaded Rich with work. He has an awful lot of extras, cartoons and strips to produce over the next few months.

21. - Top - End - #3411
    Pixie in the Playground

What's the multiplier on obsessive fans? x20?
    More like x13,000.

Speaking of, we are nearing 13,000 backers. Holy smokes, they're coming out of the woodworks now!

22. - Top - End - #3412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen Hero View Post
    More like x13,000.
    x20 would be 2,000% funded. 13,000 is the base damage.

EDIT: Also, only $3,040/hour to reach 2000%!
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2012-02-20 at 03:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #3413
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

More like x13,000.

Speaking of, we are nearing 13,000 backers. Holy smokes, they're coming out of the woodworks now!
    We passed it in the time to make your post. 13,019 as of thirty seconds ago.
    I participated!

24. - Top - End - #3414
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGirl

Personally, I really hope we break the 1,140,000 line. I always thought having printout OotS-style minis would be cool ever since I read about him using them in the first book's commentary, and getting even more would be awesome. Just need to figure out how to transport them...

(And I would definitely buy more sheets of minis if Rich ever decided to make more and sell them.)

25. - Top - End - #3415
    Ogre in the Playground

On the one hand, I am a student. On the other, I'm 25 and a spoiler brat. So, yeah.

Although not spoiled enough to not suddenly realise that $675 is a hell of a lot of money. Damn it, but I think I'll have to sit out on the new Patience pack.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-20 at 03:21 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

26. - Top - End - #3416
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    I wonder if anyone bothered to warn Tim Schafer and those other guys at the Double Fine project there is a ticked off white dragon planning to ambush them.
    Yes, a "Pedro Rosário Silva" said (with link), "3 days ago" at this point, in the Double Fine project comments: "Look out Tim! There's a dragon coming after you!"

Disclaimer: I am not Pedro Rosário Silva.

27. - Top - End - #3417

I wanna see what happens when we set a big messy pile of wax ON FIRE.

*sniff* MoonCat, you make me proud to be a part of the Chinook state. :')

Also, realized I could use a credit card to bolster my pledge for more insane prizes. I then slapped myself, and calmly put the credit cards away.
    Dooo it. Doooooo it. This is the only reason credit cards need to exist. Dooooo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    I was hoping that their next update would end with them being attacked by a dragon, in order to reference it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zid View Post
    I just hope we havn´t overloaded Rich with work. He has an awful lot of extras, cartoons and strips to produce over the next few months.
    See above comment. ON FIRE.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #3418
    Pixie in the Playground

PLEDGE $675 OR MORE
    0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (10 of 10 remaining)
    PATIENCE for YOUR D&D PARTY: An original full-color crayon drawing of your D&D party (or party from another RPG, up to 6 characters) based on your descriptions, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the world, plus six Roy Greenhilt magnets, six of all the other free stuff, six art prints, six patches, and one copy of the Sticky Shticks expansion. No books or games added (no exceptions). (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Now 5 BACKERS • Limited Reward (5 of 10 remaining) as I'm officially crazy enough to pick this one.

29. - Top - End - #3419
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You know what I think is hysterical? The author of that article points out why this drive and the other two $1 mil+ drives have been so successful, and then uses that as a basis to advise authors to do a bunch of stuff that those drives didn't do. (Rich doesn't have a Facebook, Twitter, or blog.) Great job of noticing success and completely missing what you can learn from it, heh.

30. - Top - End - #3420
    Pixie in the Playground

Nah, I'm content to sit on my signed print-only pledge, and my game pledge. :P

Speaking of, those signed prints are going in mylar, backed with acid-protected cardboard, and in a fireproof box six feet underground. Only one of those was a joke.
    Last edited by Shonen Hero; 2012-02-20 at 03:35 PM.