New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 89 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3964798081828384858687888990919293949596979899114 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2641
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I read the advertising. Something about my inner Geek and dragon chow. Mmmm...Dragon Chow...
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

2. - Top - End - #2642
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I wonder how popular a Kickstarter for a new server would be...
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #2643
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I wonder how popular a Kickstarter for a new server would be...
    The Giant already said he doesn't want to do that, because a server is an ongoing expense and a Kickstarter is a one-time thing. Also I think he doesn't want to put in a donation button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #2644
    Dwarf in the Playground

$879000... Damn, we should've gotten Rich to jokingly promise on day 1 that he would reveal V's gender if it got to a million.

Oh, well, missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Chess Tyrant; 2012-02-18 at 01:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #2645
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess Tyrant View Post
    $879000... Damn, we should've gotten Rich to jokingly promise on day 1 that he would reveal V's gender if it got to a million.

Oh, well, missed opportunity.
    Unfortunately I doubt he'd have done this, even in jest. I don't think he'd promise, even now, to reveal V's gender if this raised 1 billion dollars.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

6. - Top - End - #2646
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Unfortunately I doubt he'd have done this, even in jest. I don't think he'd promise, even now, to reveal V's gender if this raised 1 billion dollars.
    Eh, maybe not. But it doesn't seem likely to happen in the comic, either.

7. - Top - End - #2647
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder if the little dialogue with the MitD was poking fun at those who suggested that a reveal of him could be a funding reward?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

8. - Top - End - #2648
    Ettin in the Playground

Added another $8 to get two patches - one for me and one for the fiancee. Now she's getting some extra swag out of it and couldn't be happier.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

9. - Top - End - #2649
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

81.5 hours to go, $119k to 1 million. We only need to average $1460 an hour now to reach that magic number!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

10. - Top - End - #2650
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    It seems there's been a bit of a surge. $20,000 in just the 5 hours since the new update. That must be 5,000 backers upping their pledge by $4 each!

I gave in and upped it as well. I currently have a $268 pledge, made up of $222+$37+$5+$4 for the full story, shipping to Europe, an extra colouring book and a patch, respectively.
    Likewise. I also felt the compelling need to upgrade my pledge and give even more to mr. Burlew.

Originally I only intended to add $4 patch to my original pledge ($61 pledge plus $10 international postage), but then I just thought "what the heck" and deciced to pledge for $195. This includes "pick three or more"-option ($94), and my emphasis is on the word "more": actually I decided to pick five books (with additional 2x$30) and of course the aforementioned patch for $4. And the international shipping costs for $37, so the total sum goes to $195. Previously I've ordered two books (SSaDT and OfD), but I decided I want to have them all.

Sure, it's a lot more than I originally intended, and it's a lot of money (for me at least). But OOTS is worth it, and I'd really like to support Rich Burlew for his wonderful work. I've been lurking around and reading OOTS for a few years now, so now I'm glad to give something back.

Let's hope the pledge reaches at least $900,000 or even one million bucks!

11. - Top - End - #2651
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Come oooonnnnnn...... A million bucks........ We're SO CLOSE now I can smell it!

12. - Top - End - #2652
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know Rich almost certainly doesn't look for rewards ideas here, but I thought of something that could help with the final push...

The highest reward is, of course, someone having their character getting a cameo in the main comic. But how about, for a suitably lower price, people being able to buy cameos in the PDF short stories?

Well, not Haleo and Julelan, I guess that would be hard to fit in. But it should be (relatively) easy to fit a cameo into the other four.

The only downside I see is that the person who bought the original cameo may feel slightly let down.

What do others think?

Sorry if this has been suggested before .

13. - Top - End - #2653
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

We only need someone to sell their children into slavery to fund the kickstarter pledge.
    Any volunteer?
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

14. - Top - End - #2654
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    We only need someone to sell their children into slavery to fund the kickstarter pledge.
    Any volunteer?
    I could probably get some decent cash for my little brother, 13th Amendment notwithstanding.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

15. - Top - End - #2655
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been posting some dozen pages before already.
    for those of you who remember my initals posts, I want to tell the story further.

back then, I asked why we could only pay with credit cards and not paypal and stuff like that because I know noone who owns a credit card (those are still really rare in Austria). someone then pointed out that there are pre-paid credit cards and I informed myself a little bit about them on the web, went to a local store who was listed online as having them in stock. the store owner didn't even know what I was talking about and so I left, not wanting to mis-spend my money and did further research online. my next attempt was to try it at a bank, but banks in my town don't sell those AT ALL, so back to the drawing board. I contemplated ordering them online but I was weary of how long it would take to arrive with only 1 week left in the kickstarter. So I went back to the initial store and talked intensly with the store owner about those prepaid credit cards that he is supposed to sell. the owner finally figured it out but found out that he has no blanko-cards in stock and would have to orders those first and he'd call me if that would arrive in time. all of this happened on tuesday and on wednesday he called me and told me that the card would be available on friday. so on friday I went back to the shop and bought the pre-paid card and pledged $35 (the art and $10 for shipping internationally)
    and right now, I'll go and manage my pledge to add another $4 for the participation badge.

I participated ^^
    random hum :)

16. - Top - End - #2656
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad you made it. It's really annoying when things more or less outside your control force you to take a path you didn't want to take. :-)

17. - Top - End - #2657
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    You have to use Kickstarter & Amazon. You cannot use Paypal. You say you can't use Kickstarter, why is that?
    Just a (logical?) leap. If I can't use Amazon (PayPal being my only option, I couldn't even manage to get a different currency account or credit-card-like-thing before this ends), then I can't participate in KS.

You can message Rich about paying him directly but I feel that the answer will be sorry, but no.
    That's what I fear Oh well, might as well try.

18. - Top - End - #2658
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pheldagriff View Post
    snip

I participated ^^
    Epic Win!

19. - Top - End - #2659
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So, for people knowledgable in the Arcane Arts of the Kickstarter and Amazon, how does one obtain a receipt for a Kickstarter contribution? I need documentation to get reimbursed after buying the OOtS adventure game for my local club.

20. - Top - End - #2660

MindFlayer

It's funny that after the success of these recent projects, there are now Kickstarter projects to start up competing crowd-funding websites!

I hope the new sites learn from the limitations of Kickstarter. They've been great for what we've done, but Rich has had to do a lot of work manually that should have been taken care of by the site (add-ons, addresses, postage, quantities, charts, statistics, etc).

21. - Top - End - #2661
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So, for people knowledgable in the Arcane Arts of the Kickstarter and Amazon, how does one obtain a receipt for a Kickstarter contribution? I need documentation to get reimbursed after buying the OOtS adventure game for my local club.

I got mine as an email receipt from both Amazon and Kickstarter... check junk mail?

22. - Top - End - #2662
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It's that simple? Okay, cool.

23. - Top - End - #2663
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

Funny thing, I wasn't even going to donate to the Kickstarter. I figured I could live without giving away my money and getting some pdf files. But then some random online artist got angry at OOTS for making so much money, and questioned why people loved it so much. I answered the question in my head, remembered why I loved OOTS, and now I'm $10 out of pocket. Damn you Rich Burlew and random online artist person, damn you to hell.
    Last edited by oppyu; 2012-02-18 at 11:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #2664
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    Funny thing, I wasn't even going to donate to the Kickstarter. I figured I could live without giving away my money and getting some pdf files. But then some random online artist got angry at OOTS for making so much money, and questioned why people loved it so much. I answered the question in my head, remembered why I loved OOTS, and now I'm $10 out of pocket. Damn you Rich Burlew and random online artist person, damn you to hell.
    Who was the artist? The torch-wielding OoTS mob needs to get together and go write nasty things in their comments section.

25. - Top - End - #2665
    Ogre in the Playground

They already did, that's one of the reasons the Giant locked the thread.
    Please keep civil.

26. - Top - End - #2666

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    I read that thread too. Rich's response was so sweet! I laughed! Rich is such a great guy. He doesn't let the trolls get to him. I didn't think that thread was worthy of a response, but the Giant stepped on him, politely and logically.

27. - Top - End - #2667
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gentlemen, we approach... www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

28. - Top - End - #2668

DwarfFighterGuy

71 hours...

29. - Top - End - #2669
    Titan in the Playground

Would using the image of the patch as an avatar for the next few days to celebrate the end of the drive run into the "stay away from Rich's copyrights" thing?

I'm not altering it at all but I've had OotS demotivators deleted before, so I figured I'd ask.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-02-18 at 12:18 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

30. - Top - End - #2670
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm kind of expecting a last-day surge, from people who pledged early and want to upgrade their pledge now that more stuff is available.

That is what I am planning, anyway. I pledged $45 on the very first day when it was only the one book plus the O-Chul PDF and a magnet. You all know how much stuff has been added since then. As soon as the available swag started going up, I decided to wait and up my pledge toward the end, so I wouldn't be tempted to keep adjusting it every time something cool was added.

Shirley I am not the only one with this plan?