New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

My dad loves me!

I am getting a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR3, for just under $100 from Amazon (I am assuming it was the best deal at the time).

Obviously its overkill for WoW, but I do more then just WoW and its a good upgrade to my old 9800 GTX.

I will really like being back on my desktop. This laptop runs WoW, poorly and with only DBM and bartender on. I like my addons...a lot.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    My dad loves me!

I am getting a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR3, for just under $100 from Amazon (I am assuming it was the best deal at the time).

Obviously its overkill for WoW, but I do more then just WoW and its a good upgrade to my old 9800 GTX.

I will really like being back on my desktop. This laptop runs WoW, poorly and with only DBM and bartender on. I like my addons...a lot.
    I've run into so many people who have been running WoW on 9600's or 9800's and I weep for them.

Yeah, in busier areas, my HIS Radeon 7770 is only getting me 30 frames per second. But that was typical of my old card when I was in Org on a busy day. Also, I've been told that there is more texture on things like the ground, more moving parts and moving textures and particle effects all on enemies, and more lighting effects at play. Means more load overall. I have a feeling that when I hit things like dungeons and such, my frame rate will probably be higher.
    Also, I'm streaming at a higher frame rate and higher resolution now. It's looking absolutely pretty.

As for addons, I'm thinking of adjusting my UI. Currently I just use Healbot as well as the standard bars for abilities. I do want to cluster up my abilities a bit, maybe place healbot in the middle of my screen rather than at the side. Mini Map and Health/Mana bars can stay as is though.

I may also crack and get Vuhdo going instead of Healbot. But that is a really big maybe.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Colossus in the Playground

I am lucky, my uncle is one of those guys who knows everything about computers and can put them together with the knowledge of what is best for what use. I got this comp I think, 3-4 years ago, im honestly unsure. I told him to put the best of the best in there, and since then the only thing I have replaced is the hard drive, it ran out of room last week. Damn games increasing in size exponentially. Anyways, I have everything running at the highest end graphic settings and still havent found a game it cant handle. I am hoping it will last another couple years before I can no longer leave every game set at ultra high settings. By then I hope to be able to repeat the process and have another computer for 10 years before upgrades. :p
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I am lucky, my uncle is one of those guys who knows everything about computers and can put them together with the knowledge of what is best for what use. I got this comp I think, 3-4 years ago, im honestly unsure. I told him to put the best of the best in there, and since then the only thing I have replaced is the hard drive, it ran out of room last week. Damn games increasing in size exponentially. Anyways, I have everything running at the highest end graphic settings and still havent found a game it cant handle. I am hoping it will last another couple years before I can no longer leave every game set at ultra high settings. By then I hope to be able to repeat the process and have another computer for 10 years before upgrades. :p
    I... Can I borrow your uncle? Say, for the rest of my lifespan?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I... Can I borrow your uncle? Say, for the rest of my lifespan?
    Keep in mind I had to pay for all this. I just avoided the markup getting it done by a company would have nailed me with. But I was gainfully employed at the time and willing to make an investment in a computer that would last me for a long time. I treated it like buying a car. Sure I could have bought a hoopty for cheap and saved money right then, but it wouldnt have lasted long and would have needed to be replaced within a year, so I bought a new one of high quality, knowing it would last me for a long time. Its a philosophy that has saved me a lot of money and stress over the years when applied to pretty much everything.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1266

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    I've run into so many people who have been running WoW on 9600's or 9800's and I weep for them.
    The 9800 GTX is/was a great card. I got it back when it first came out (for only $150...no idea how Dad got it so cheap...), and it still got my through most games on max settings with some common since, you don't need AA to be maxed out for example. I couldn't run BF3 on max settings, but WoW? I did run it on max. That might be because I have a quad core 2.6 ghz helping out. WoW is a CPU heavy game, not so much graphics.

I know I should mess with my UI. I just don't want to spend the time it takes to make it look good.
    Boo!

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

I reached 90 on saturday... and I have to say Townlongsteppes and dead wastes are AWESOME!

I loved questing there.

Yesterday was Instance day got to a 459/460 GS. And laughed at our Mage, Palatank and rogue because they weren't ready for heroics when they reached 90. (I was directly at a convenient 444 GS :D) Only missing Chest and 1 Trinket for the superior achievment. Chest is 440, Trinkets are the Caster-DD one from Coren and the Alchemist-stone.

So far we either made guildruns or only my GF and me as Shadow/Restoshami team-up. The main problem here is Halo... it's hard not to pull stuff in enclosed areas...

But there is another set-back. At least for the raiding faction that doesn't have everyday for daylies. The problem is: Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan everything seems to be: "You have to be exalted to be useful".
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm enjoying the Pet Battle mini-game. Managed to get a couple of hard to come by ones: Tiny Twister and Tiny Bog Beast. Also spent an hour camping a place only to find out the Water Elemental spawns in Zul'Drak, not Arathi. X_x

Demo locking has become more interesting since I reached 30. I have a few questions though:

* What's the difference between Dark Apothesis and Metamorph and when should I be using the different forms?

* Is it actually possible to tank in DA form?

Just general locky advice would be welcome. Please bear in mind this is low level stuff I'm doing and I'm not likely to reach 90 any time this month.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    I'm enjoying the Pet Battle mini-game. Managed to get a couple of hard to come by ones: Tiny Twister and Tiny Bog Beast. Also spent an hour camping a place only to find out the Water Elemental spawns in Zul'Drak, not Arathi. X_x

Demo locking has become more interesting since I reached 30. I have a few questions though:

* What's the difference between Dark Apothesis and Metamorph and when should I be using the different forms?

* Is it actually possible to tank in DA form?

Just general locky advice would be welcome. Please bear in mind this is low level stuff I'm doing and I'm not likely to reach 90 any time this month.
    Some of your abilities are a little bit different (taunt instead of agro clear, etc). DA form you can stay in forever but get a DR bonus instead of a DPS one with meta. You are not crit immune so you'll have damage spikes. If we have a situation where a tank leaves a group I'll switch to DA and tank for a bit (also have Void Lord out) until we get a new one. Or if the pull has gone way south I might switch into it for a short while in an effort to save us from a wipe. Otherwise I don't use DA form in a dungeon.

Unless something is going wrong in a dungeon group use meta, for solo whichever you fancy.

If you happen to be a gnomish engineer then you have some cool synergy with demonic leap. Demonic leap + parachute cloak will carry you from the entrance of one base to the other in WSG. Gravity well + demonic leap will allow you to hop over fairly large objects for areas you cannot fly in.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Questing in the Townlong Steppes. I want a defective yak.

Edit: And now I have a defective yak. There's just something so entertaining about those words. "Defective Yak". I could say it all day.
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2012-10-01 at 04:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271

@Farmville in WoW
    No. No it isn't. Not even close.
    It is an excellent take on Harvest Moon. Facebook and Farmville wish they were half as cool as Harvest Moon. And it is a very clever little feature. I just wish it involved more socialization with players, though I can't really think of how they would add such a thing. Still, an excellent feature.

@Stormstout Brewery
    The questline which takes you though there and introduces you to the place and what is going on with it, was rather clever. I'm sincerely hoping that this takes place for every dungeon.

@Gear
    Wow. I have not replaced a single piece of gear on Karoht. And I'm now nearing level 89. Granted, I had just about every Best in Slot piece of gear I could possibly pick up. It's nice knowing that those pieces are getting just that little extra bit of mileage.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

@Farmville in WoW
    No. No it isn't. Not even close.
    It is an excellent take on Harvest Moon. Facebook and Farmville wish they were half as cool as Harvest Moon. And it is a very clever little feature. I just wish it involved more socialization with players, though I can't really think of how they would add such a thing. Still, an excellent feature.

@Stormstout Brewery
    The questline which takes you though there and introduces you to the place and what is going on with it, was rather clever. I'm sincerely hoping that this takes place for every dungeon.

@Gear
    Wow. I have not replaced a single piece of gear on Karoht. And I'm now nearing level 89. Granted, I had just about every Best in Slot piece of gear I could possibly pick up. It's nice knowing that those pieces are getting just that little extra bit of mileage.
    @ Farmawow:
    I quite don't get the Tillers. I somehow miss the point why you have to gain reputation with Cho and the others? Furthermore it's a bit annoying that you need this for your later bufffood.

@more social interaction:
    You mean other than: "Get off your damned mammoth/proto you tauric bunghole?" That's the worst part of the dailies.. Taurenplayers with their stupid protodrakes.

I mind others and stayed with my steed of the headless horseman. My GF switched to the phoenix (the black/guild one not the drop one) but there are people that are: "Protodrake/ICC Achievment Drake/[anything BIG] is the only mount I use."

@ Dungeon:
    No, not quite. The questline for Shado-Pan Monastery is rather short and not that Informative.
    The other heroics that I saw so far haven't really got an introductionary Questline.

@Gear:
    Yeah but keep in mind that you have to reach an average score of 440 to get into heroics. A friend of mine bragged how superior it is to have his DS Hero Gear and he had to spend 12 hours to get into heroics while I switched everything from the beginning (Krazzman had a 333 replacement gear because the GM couldn't restore his FL-Equipment...) and just was at 444 when I reached level 90.

Furthermore on Equipment:
    Klaxxi, Shado-Pan and Golden Lotus will be hard (as in Grind to the MAX) to be brought to Revered.
    Klaxxi is Honored with ~5k, Golden Lotus is friendly and Shado-Pan will be questable when you have enough reputation with Golden Lotus.
    Since I have 11 Fragments that probably will bring more reputation with Klaxxie's I should start farming them to get more reputation faster.

@Cooking:
    This is pure blizzard. On the one hand it is cool on the other it's a fist with maximal acceleration into your face.
    Cooking skilling was made easier. Having make your own bufffood instead of being able to make meals (they are too expensive for the start).

@Alchemy/Herbalism.
    Here is a change I would like to have. Herbalism gives Motes of Harmony. The thing is I was lucky yesterday and got 2 Gold Lotus out of one. But so far I only got Gold Lotus at random chances.
    Furthermore Flasks cost Gold Lotus. Transmutations cost Gold Lotus (at least uncommon to rar stones). At least you get 3 Gold Lotus out of 1 Spirit of Harmony... which you should get from Dailies...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah the only three things I don't like about MoP are the facts that justice points are basically useless at the moment, that profession recipes are reputation based (forcing someone like me who had (and will have again) max level characters with all available professions to rep grind until the end of time) and the world bosses which were a bad idea in vanilla and are a bad idea now.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-10-02 at 06:54 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    world bosses which were a bad idea in vanilla and are a bad idea now.
    Why exactly are World Bosses considered a bad idea? They've currently got a decently short respawn timer and watching a raid in progress is great fun.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Why exactly are World Bosses considered a bad idea? They've currently got a decently short respawn timer and watching a raid in progress is great fun.
    They will be dominated by the larger faction on the server and it's very likely that they will be down whenever you have time to play since they have a 2 hour and a 2 day respawn timer respectively.

Not to mention that on PVP servers a single ******* with nothing better to do can keep your raid from killing the boss.

Oh and what if I have more then one character that I want to do the
    WG/BH style boss (Sha of Anger) on each week?
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-10-02 at 08:32 AM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

They will be dominated by the larger faction on the server and it's very likely that they will be down whenever you have time to play since they have a 2 hour and a 2 day respawn timer respectively.

Not to mention that on PVP servers a single ******* with nothing better to do can keep your raid from killing the boss.
    In't part of the point of World Bosses to encourage World PvP on these servers though?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    In't part of the point of World Bosses to encourage World PvP on these servers though?

It's not world PVP. It's one guy waiting for them to pull and then CC'ing one healer and nuking another one. Or CC one healer and then nuke the tank, do you think your remaining healers can handle the massive increase in damage? Time it right and it's a guaranteed wipe.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-10-02 at 08:56 AM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

18. - Top - End - #1278

PirateCaptain

It's not world PVP. It's one guy waiting for them to pull and then CC'ing one healer and nuking another one.
    On my server, it is a PvP but its actually pretty balanced, (Dark Iron).

I have seen (Ok, not seen, but rather heard and the achievements) multiple raid groups kill Sha of Anger and there have been massive battles over the mob. I don't think any one of thme only brought 2 healers. I know we have assembled close to 40 man raids with the solo reason of killing the Sha and to protect the healers/tanks from the Alliance.

For our server if the purpose is more world pvp, its working.
    Boo!

19. - Top - End - #1279

@World Bosses
    I agree that they were never a good idea. The fan-dumb really, REALLY has rose tinted glasses for them though. However, I do think this is a better idea than building a zone like Tol Barad or Wintergrasp and placing these bosses there. Them being out in the world does have a good feel to it.
    Yes, they are supposed to encourage World PvP. It would be great if Ganking actually qualified as PvP, but whatev's.
    Sha of Anger is every 2 hours, every day. Galeon/Warband is something like once every 4 days? I've been hearing varying reports on Galeon, but Sha of Anger I can confirm is every 2 hours.

@Gear
    Oh, I know I'll have to change back eventually. It's just nice to see my gear NOT be completely useless from the get go. I'm collecting some quest reward blues, and they're just starting to hit the point where the main stat on them is only -100 of what I'm wearing. The secondary stats however are starting to exceed

@Tillers
    I think Blizzard is experimenting with a new delivery method for faction reputation. Rather than just a bar you fill up with numbers. I'm curious to see where it goes.
    As for farming up your raid consumeables, I like it. If I were not in a guild that will supply feasts, this is an excellent secondary option. Heck, in theory, it's great for people who don't even have the cooking profession, one could supply a guild bank page in return for someone else making the consumeables.
    It isn't completely necessary though. The better recipies come from meats, which drop off animals. Most of the Feasts still require fish/meat at some point. You won't get those consumeables from the farm, unless that pond there maybe does something later. Either way, there is almost no reason for someone to not have buff food on during a dungeon/raid anymore.
    And when we start getting things like herbs and even ore from the farm, that will help out with other aspects of the economy.

@Rep Grind
    The good news is, if you want the achievements for maxing out all the factions, you can do each faction on a different character if you want. As such, my rep grinds will all be targeted based on profession for each character. IE-Karoht will (at first) only do dailies related to his professions. The gear I don't much care about.
    Also, most if not all of the profession based rewards are at honored. So because I don't really care about the gear, I can just skip the grind to exalted until I'm ready for it, move on to another character, get their profession based rewards, etc.
    At least until I'm bored, it's going to make the rep grind portion of the climb a lot more multi-directional. I like it. It's very good for my alts who will likely have no purpose other than professions once they hit 90.

@Status Update
    I'll probably hit 89 tonight. I'm just about to enter Townlong Steppes. 90 by Thursday is likely. Hopefully I'll be LFR geared by next tuesday.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

@World Bosses
    I agree that they were never a good idea. The fan-dumb really, REALLY has rose tinted glasses for them though.
    I think the people that have vanilla nostalgia never played or were raiders back in vanilla.

In other news I've killed both world bosses and wow they are really easy and nothing compared to the old ones. Oh and I'm loving the loot system and hope they'll also use it in the future for heroics.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-10-06 at 07:19 AM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

21. - Top - End - #1281

I think the people that have vanilla nostalgia never played or were raiders back in vanilla.

In other news I've killed both world bosses and wow they are really easy and nothing compared to the old ones. Oh and I'm loving the loot system and hope they'll also use it in the future for heroics.
    I have vanilla nostalgia, and played back then, (then later, raided) I dont care about world bosses one way or the other. Im used to them from everquest, when every raid dungeon was a race between the best guilds to get there first. My main nostalgia was that back then there was an actual challenge to playing. Unlike now where I can walk into the middle of 4-6 yellows and kill them all at once with every class. Back then you could actually die to something other than fel reavers. Pulling two mobs at once was an "oh crap" moment for most classes solo grinding. They could do it, but there would be down time to recover. I remember playing my mage and having to be careful what spells I used and when in order to minimize down time drinking to get mana back. Now they might as well just remove the mana bars from the game. I cant remember the last time I actually ran out.

Of course, I also liked the faction specific classes. I loved my shaman, and enjoyed my paladin. I loved seeing how both were unique and very different from each other, and yet both also added in a lot of interesting stuff to their side. I hated what they did to paladins. I liked them as low damage, but virtually unkillable juggernauts. With immunity shields, lay on hands, fast heals, and a 6 second stun to avoid being interrupted, paladins were beasts to kill when properly played. Whereas shaman were death on two legs. High damage, very high burst potential, with spell interrupts and heals of their own, you had to kill them quick or they would ruin your day. When with a good 2h weapon, they could remove 66% of your hp with a single windfury proc, they were DANGEROUS.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Cooking:

Not having at least a skill of 575 is being lazy. You pay maybe... 500g to skill cooking to 525. Then from that on you plant your own food for the direction you want and or go slay a few turtles/go a bit fishing.

I'm currently a 576 (Pot) and I think 538 (brew).

Not having a skill of 600 makes a difference of about 50 points. And our raid"cook" said If someone has no bufffood or only bufffood that gives 250 or less: penality. It is soo easy to get cooking up now it's amazing. They basically give you skillpoints on a silver platter. The only "hard to get" item are the Golden Carps... that are available for about 40 Gold per stack in the AH.

Our system is going to be: on 2 Days per ID we'll spend 2 Tokens to get the Soy-Sauce and send it to our Cook. Along with 1 day using all fields (but the one for the daylie) to plant cabbages and on the other day witchberries. As this brings forth the cheapest banquet.

@Karoth:
    I have a 365 Item Score. I can't get into the LFR. The LFR probably won't bring you something if you are in a Raiding-Guild (where you raid with them). As Blizzard stated the LFR is for casuals to see the content.

@Raiding:
    Our guild (my GF and me haven't joined the raid till now) killed the first boss so far. Yesterday I was more or less forced to try the second boss which caused a bit of moral dilemma for me. I didn't want to start raiding this ID but I was there and jeah well I made some mistakes which might or might not be the result of us not killing him (due to being tired and drinking 3 Guinness that evening...). On tuesday they probably want to get to kill him but I hope they don't need me.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Bwhahaha! MOP 10 day trial just got released, and I have a 5 day weekend (But PSAT and PLAN.) MY LIFE, IT SHALL BE RUIN'T.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

24. - Top - End - #1284

PirateCaptain

I had some serious fun this morning.

So I log on and start doing my dailies like a good WoW player and I see in /1 that people were asking for help against Allys while a raid group takes on Galleon (sp?) world boss.

Truth by told, I ignored them and continued on.

Well I was told by a guildie that the horde had assembled a group pulled the boss and then a guild that has upset a lot of people the last few weeks wiped them and took the kill (The guild in questioned has small groups that go around and gank/camp people. God forbid you ever doing it to them, a few of my guildies did it last night and got 10+ people on them, there was 3 of my guildies).

Well Sha of anger popped up and my guildie formed a group, I went to the Sha and found out Allys are also forming a group. We went into battle mode. We decided to let them form up, pull boss then most of us ill show up, kill the healers then wipe them.

We ended up failing on wiping them, BUT the Sha enraged on them, wiped them. At that point most of us were alive, re-buffed and then pulled the boss and killed it without any issues.

For the record my server is more Ally then Horde. Take that Allys!

Last night I got my pants tier piece (Monk heals).
    Boo!

25. - Top - End - #1285

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    @Karoht:
    I have a 365 Item Score. I can't get into the LFR. The LFR probably won't bring you something if you are in a Raiding-Guild (where you raid with them). As Blizzard stated the LFR is for casuals to see the content.
    I'm rocking a 450ish gear score as of today. I've done dungeons and scenarios for all of 3 days due to life stuff. The score required for LFR is 460, which I will probably have tomorrow.
    As for not getting things ("The LFR probably won't bring you something if you are in a Raiding-Guild") I'm not really clear what you mean there. LFR and Normal/Heroic are separate lockouts, with separate gear systems. I can still get gear from LFR if I want to put in the effort. Will I?
    Probably. As long as there remains a slot which can be upgraded, it is still in my best interest to hit LFR and get that upgrade. However, I take it with a grain of salt. I won't go in there over and over again to get one item on LFR difficulty, if my guild is downing that same boss on heroic every week.

The next two topics get a bit lengthy, so they are under spoilers. Just for length is all.
    @Stormstout Brewery
    Spoiler
    Show

If Blizzard had released this place as a Brewfest Only dungeon in Wrath or Cataclysm, more people would have been on board with Pandarens. This dungeon alone sells it. Heck, I was a bit skeptical that they could theme an entire dungeon around booze, but they pulled it off rather well.
    And the vendor who sells the assortment of boozes which have bizarre effects? How awesome! Adds a nice layer of depth, there are some achievements associated with these effects, and ultimately serves to make the place just that little extra bit silly and fun.

@Scenarios
    Spoiler
    Show

Man, what a breath of fresh air. I know they are supposed to be easy, but I can't wait until there are heroic scenarios. For their first try with these, they did okay. There are issues (mostly story issues, it just feels like they need a smidge more detail to flesh them out), but I'm confident the next batch of them will be even better.
    And I am of the opinion that heroic scenarios would be a nice thing to have, but probably are not necessary really.

@Druid Healing and Livestreaming
    I like it. I really like it. Ironbark was exactly what we needed. Healing Mushrooms are not nearly as clunky as I expected them to be, and they are fantastic. I haven't managed to nail using them every cooldown, mostly because I don't think it is needed, I plan on trying to use them every CD on a dungeon run soon.
    The rest of the mechanics all feel the same to me, just with different numbers. Everything is working great. It's like pulling on a comfortable pair of shoes.

So on that note, I am wondering if there are any things in specific that someone might be looking to see on my livestream in the future. I'm really not the kind of guy to do guides, but I can talk about a specific mechanic and how to get more use of it, if that helps. I dunno. I'm taking suggestions.

Also, I should start filming my machinima next week. I am excited.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, been a while since I've posted on GitP...

At any rate, getting back into the game, haven't played since end of Wrath/not even beginning of Cata (didn't even get my mage up ot 85.) Playing with a friend, and I honestly just want a new class anyways, because it turned out that mage drove me nuts. Sadly, I am still not really up to date on how the classes play out, and it seems like I can't find a good source of info (WoW forums and a general emphasis on FotM and QQ is not exactly my first choice.)

So, I have it down to basically either warrior or dk, and I plan to both PvE and PvP. Here are probably the most important concerns for my class:

- Aggressive. I want a class who is suicidal in mentality and epitomizes the idea that "One of us WILL die this fight." I know warrior has that, but how well does DK do it? I kind of feel like that, between their CC and the fact that they have stuff like grip and such (and don't so much seem like they could disengage well), that they would still be aggressive, even if they can't necessarily charge in like a crazed berserker.

- Not squishy. I want to think suicidal, not be suicidal, so to speak. I understand that DKs are squishy? Is this actually true, or can a well played DK being a tough nut to crack? Also, I am not really sure where a warrior falls on this spectrum.

- Complexity in PvE. I HATED the 1-2 of arcane in Wrath, and it is seriously what began the burnout that made me stop playing for such a long while. It is in this regard that DK seems like a winner, since the rune system looks more interactive than the rage system (although both would appear to beat the current CD based style of, say, a pally or Shaman.) Although it is my understanding that most classes now have a priority system, so in that sense I imagine they are similar, correct?

- Difference in DPS specs. Without any knowledge, it sort of seems to me like Arms and Fury kind of play nearly the same now, both being based on a priority system with a primary attack (MS and BT), Colo Smash, and a primary rage spender (Slam vs Raging), with several abilities inbetween to use as available. With DK, they can 2h or DW with frost, with both being pretty much about keeping diseases up, using their KM procs on their preferred strike, and then just dumping runic power. However, UH looks like it is somewhat different, since it is more focused on diseases and making the most of the pet.

All in all, I "want" to like DK better. Less leveling, incredible soloing (is something I'd like to do, because soloing older content is cool), more purty graphix, a couple of cool things outside of battle (mount and gate, for example), and I like the idea of tanking through self-healing, AND I do like that although melee, they also kind of mix in some good magic and fair ranged potential. Plus I like their high degree of control and utility in PvP. That said, the whole aggressiveness thing and not being a glass cannon are important enough that I feel like if the DK cannot hold up those standards, the warrior will win. And I really want to find this out before I take my new main to max and find out I hate it.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post

At any rate, getting back into the game, haven't played since end of Wrath/not even beginning of Cata (didn't even get my mage up ot 85.) Playing with a friend, and I honestly just want a new class anyways, because it turned out that mage drove me nuts. Sadly, I am still not really up to date on how the classes play out, and it seems like I can't find a good source of info (WoW forums and a general emphasis on FotM and QQ is not exactly my first choice.)

So, I have it down to basically either warrior or dk, and I plan to both PvE and PvP. Here are probably the most important concerns for my class:

- Aggressive. I want a class who is suicidal in mentality and epitomizes the idea that "One of us WILL die this fight." I know warrior has that, but how well does DK do it? I kind of feel like that, between their CC and the fact that they have stuff like grip and such (and don't so much seem like they could disengage well), that they would still be aggressive, even if they can't necessarily charge in like a crazed berserker. (not very drood, admittidly. But feral charge is funs, and catform dot spam is also funs. And pursuit is somethign drood mo lack)

- Difference in DPS specs. Without any knowledge, it sort of seems to me like Arms and Fury kind of play nearly the same now, both being based on a priority system with a primary attack (MS and BT), Colo Smash, and a primary rage spender (Slam vs Raging), with several abilities inbetween to use as available. With DK, they can 2h or DW with frost, with both being pretty much about keeping diseases up, using their KM procs on their preferred strike, and then just dumping runic power. However, UH looks like it is somewhat different, since it is more focused on diseases and making the most of the pet.

All in all, I "want" to like DK better. Less leveling, incredible soloing (is something I'd like to do, because soloing older content is cool), more purty graphix, a couple of cool things outside of battle (mount and gate, for example), and I like the idea of tanking through self-healing, AND I do like that although melee, they also kind of mix in some good magic and fair ranged potential. Plus I like their high degree of control and utility in PvP. That said, the whole aggressiveness thing and not being a glass cannon are important enough that I feel like if the DK cannot hold up those standards, the warrior will win. And I really want to find this out before I take my new main to max and find out I hate it.
    i going to be ass and say "be a drood you can do everything AND heal yourself, and they will NEVER GET AWAY FROM YOU CUZ CATSPEED AND ROOTS.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-09 at 10:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #1288

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post

Sadly, I am still not really up to date on how the classes play out, and it seems like I can't find a good source of info (WoW forums and a general emphasis on FotM and QQ is not exactly my first choice.)
    I spam this board with these all the time.
    www.mmo-champion.com --News
    www.icy-veins.com --Solid guides for pretty much anything and everything.

So, I have it down to basically either warrior or dk, and I plan to both PvE and PvP.
    Given the criteria you gave, Warrior or DK will likely both serve you well. I find I would enjoy Warrior more if the toolkit was just a little bit bigger and slightly more complex. That said I am a huge fan of Arms Warriors, and I did quite enjoy leveling my prot warrior back in the day. Arms Warriors are somewhat simple, but their "rotation" (better known as the Arms Warrior Priority system) is engaging, I just want it to be more engaging.
    Deathknights? Secretly, Unholy Deathknights are Arms Warriors on crack. Engaging, non-rotational, lots of abilities that are fun, Frost Deathknights are like Fury Warriors on crack for mostly the same reasons. Blood Deathknights? They were the first to really have the new "Active Mitigation" model, so to me they are the most interesting of the tanks thus far. I think you would be happiest with a Deathknight.

But, a strong (and highly biased) case could be made for Druids. By me.
    *cough*Druidplayersincevanillabeta

Aaaaany way, where were we? Right, yeah, Warrior or DK. If you don't like the Warrior by 60, chances are you probably aren't going to enjoy the climb from 60-90. DK's get quite a bit of their kit in the starting zone, and by the end of that zone you probably know if you enjoy them or not.
    Enjoy.

Oh, and I have a tinfoil hat theory that involves the new Legendary stuff, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've tried Druids and Pallies enough to get a "feel" for it; I can't stand the CD model of the Pally. Strange as it is, I want to interact with the resources that allow my main abilities to be up. At least for warrior, quite a bit is based on the rage need to get enough fillers to avoid downtime until the next important attack. DKs, of course, are mostly based on the rune, runic power, and conversion system, so that seems the most fun by my criteria.

As for druids, there was WAY too much downtime for me, basically felt like go through combo builders, then kind of wait until for the last two, then finisher, then sit until repeat. Now, I couldn't even handle leveling through this, but it seems that other people have said that this is actually just kind of natural to the spec. Either way, enough to turn me off.

I definitely enjoy a warrior, I know this much, and I actually did get one to 60+ last time I played (the burnout was just too strong by that point.) So for the most part, I know they work, although it seems some changes made that slightly less so. In fact, I can tell I enjoy them both so far. Except I have little PvP experience with the DK.

Really, it seems like the question is "are DKs, played well, actually glass cannons?" I'm willing to work for it. That said, you seem to indicate it qualifies for my criteria and that it is slightly more engaging, so... looks like DK.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

DK still has plate armor, so its not like you're blinking up to train your unarmed skill on Kael or something. They don't have quite as many regeny/reductions as warrior, but they have some great health sapping things that can regen/Gigadrain plenty. I THINK those are mostly Blood, but I don't know how Cata's "Lets ruin DK's every tree is a sexy murdertank" affected that. Take some of BC's warlock heals and give em to a warrior who, since hes in Soviet Azeroth, is backwards in that YOU charge HIM. And the starting at 60 (cuz opening is AMAZING, but its as easy as pressing esc in the opening race cutscenes.)
    I'm still gonna advocate drood, but bearform is really just a transfoorrior in disguise. And without ugly gearsets *goddamn transmog ruined the best drood reason. At least a bearass doesn't look like Blind Pete on every drug every thought of*. But it still has decent damage.
    Edit: Grrr... PARRY. *hate* DODGE BONUS FOR BEAR AND CAT NOT GOOD ENOUGGGGGH. GIMME A CLAW PARRRRY.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 12:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...