New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1711
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Ryxikor makes a quick inventory of the keep and feels confident every room has been explored to a certain level.

Ashala is little confused when Quill mentioned the Purple Dragons and authority and then she gets it. “The Chieftain would decide. If a folk does a bad thing, the Chieftain decides the punishment. Until new Chieftain is selected, no punishment.

Ashala shakes her head several times as Maesyn talks “Shadowscales are dead folks brought back. Hairy female in armor did that. Dead half dragon half folk would kill the folks. Then hairy female would bring them back as dead and they would go to the Shadows. We kept alive as pets and toys according to hairy folks.

Me will find Kessessek easy. We are mate. Him will never abandon me. Us soulmates!

Ashala leaves the room, accompanied by Rayen and the 3 other lizardfolks carrying the body of the fallen chieftain.

Axara looks at Mhair and then Quill and mentions “I thought we spared his life for information. If we give him to the lizardfolks, are we breaking our words? I know that you Quillmeister are a very good liar but I have some reservations. And I think that that evil man has information we could use. Anyway, giving him up to the lizardfolks will be his death warrant. I am not sure it is not the right decision but we need to be aware what we are giving up.

Axara goes down with Ryxikor looking for clues about how Mhair got here but find nothing. The blond rafter just looks at his guards, Savin in particular with an expressionless face.

Moments passes and suddenly Ashala returns with Kessessek and a large contingent of lizardfolks. They look sad and happy at the same time. They miss the lost Chieftain but feel good about controlling the keep. Kessessek approaches the group and kneels “Thank you for bringing back my Ashala. I will keep my words. You can have my magic. Dragon Sister there said that you wanted me to use the truth spell. I will gladly do it. And here is my only other source of magic” He gives the group a wand of CLW.

Axara looks at the group “Do we really want to take it away from them?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

2. - Top - End - #1712
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

"It's simple, tell us what we want to know and need to know about this operation. You heard what the silver lizardfolk asked of the female you two tried and failed to kill." Ryx says. "The more correct information you convey to us, the more we discuss the likelihood of keeping you alive. And yes, we want to know how you were able to elude the purple dragons, and if any of the purple dragons are on the take. If so, I want there names." Ryx gets to the point, hoping he doesn't get the wise-cracks again, if any are forthcoming, Ryx's answer is a kick in the ribs of Mhair.

3. - Top - End - #1713
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn dismisses his alter self spell as Kessessek comes in, tired of explaining his form, and feeling it might wear off soon on its own anyway.

"Kessessek, you will need that wand to serve your people. We have others like it. Perhaps you should keep it,"
    Maesyn suggests.

He then turns his attention to Mhair. "Let me make this simple for you, since you're just an easy-going, simple fellow. Kessessek here is going to cast a spell that makes it impossible for you -- or any of us, for that matter -- to lie. If you've been telling us the truth, this shouldn't pose a problem for you. Then we're going to ask you some questions."

Maesyn turns away and looks upward, though not at anything in particular. "If your answers provide us with some measure of comfort, some assurance that events will not repeat themselves, and some information that can help the good people of Cormyr and Faerun... then we will protect your life."

The bard looks down, as if saddened. "If, on the other hand, you have no such answers for us, then we would no longer have any reason not to turn you over to the custody of this Lizardfolk tribe, to extract whatever measures of justice and/or retribution they see fit."

He then turns back to the prisoner, eyes flashing. "Do you understand?"

Maesyn Silverhair

4. - Top - End - #1714

"Chants is right, we don't need it. We would have more use for extra food as i suspect our Mystrian andthe three wizards down stairs will be staying for a while."

Quill adresses Kessessek about the wand.

"Wait, I know you don't have gold and silver to pay us with what about pearls?"
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2013-07-15 at 02:01 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

5. - Top - End - #1715

ElfPirate

Ryx scoffs and bites his tongue, hating when such do-gooders decide not to be paid for services rendered.

Once the truth spell is cast by the lizardfolk, the elf doesn't say anything.

6. - Top - End - #1716
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, having nothing to fear about speaking false words, stands his ground as he guards Mhair.
    Looking down at the man he says "My words are truth and I have nothing to fear about revealing under the magic." Shifting his stance, he keeps far enough away from the man so that if he tried something, he wouldn't get to Savin before he could react.

"Myself, I wouldn't want to be left with these lizardmen, especially since ensconced yourself with those that they deemed forsaken by their standards and being a party to killing their chieftain. In my tribe, we would seek blood-vengeance against our chieftains killer, especially done in a such a dishonorable way."

7. - Top - End - #1717
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor approaches Mhair and asks for information. The blonde rafter slowly raises his eyes “Oh it is you the scary assassin with the scary dagger from the scary drow priestess who is now the lackey of a …… OUCH this hurts “ yells Mhair as Ryxikor kicks him hard in the ribs.

Axara yells “Ryxikor, stop this immediately and NEVER EVER do that again if you want to rely on my healing. We do not torture defenseless prisoners. May be you spent too much time in bad company and sense of your values but I will not tolerate such behavior.” and she turns to Mhair “ and you, if you know what is good for you, you will stay silent at the moment … .

Maesyn returns to his silver elf form which shocks the lizardfolks watching him, having never seen anyone or anything turn into a lizardfolk and back.

Kessessek seems rejoiced when Maesyn gives him the wand back. “We will definitively make good use of it but I had given my word. And I would more than happy to cast a zone of truth where ever you want me too.

Mhair explains the situation to Mhair who just replies “I have nothing to hide. I am just guilty of being at the wrong place in the wrong time.

Quill asks for food and Kessessek instructs some lizardfolk to bring in smoke alligator meat and jar of insects larvae paste. When the illusionist asks for a pearl, the lizardfolk cleric says “Chieftain Gathan might have had one or two but there are not magical. I will give them to you if you want them.

Ryxikor is annoyed at the good-aligned member of the group for complicating a very simple situation.

Savin whispers to Mhair what the rogue has been trying to insinuate, in other words, the do-gooders are complicated an obviously simple situation. The blonde man just nods at the warrior.

With Ashala by his side, Kessessek starts his incantation and announce. “This room is now a zone of truth.” He focuses on Mhair before saying “Everyone has accepted the spell. No one is able to lie as long as I maintain the spell. Feel free to ask your questions, Master Silver elf or anyone else.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1718
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, let's start simply," Maesyn says to Mhair. "This will make a good test. How did you escape from the custody of the Cormyrian authorities?"

Maesyn Silverhair

9. - Top - End - #1719
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair giggles "Will you let me live Silver Elf, if I tell you how I escaped as we agreed? Or are you from the same cloth as the gnome?"

The tip of Savin' spear pokes him in the ribs. "EEEEASY!!! I get it. No need to get upset. So how did I escape from the Cormyran authorities? Easy. I used a type of magic portal."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1720
    Ogre in the Playground

"I spoke the truth before, and the spell ensures that I'm doing the same now. I will not kill you so long as you are not a threat. However, you killed the Chieftain of these Lizardfolk; they have the right to seek retribution for that. We would thus need a very good reason to ask the Lizardfolk to refrain from exacting punishment upon you. I would like to strongly encourage you to give us that very good reason, and wisecracks are not going to help your case.

"Now, then, you'd better elaborate, and do it quickly because you only have until the spell runs out to ensure your survival. What kind of portal, where did it come from, and why did you use it? Did you know where it would lead? Did you know who created it?"

Maesyn Silverhair

11. - Top - End - #1721
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair smiles "I am no threat to anyone right now. Let's see if you will keep your word, Silver elf. I do not know magic so I do not know what kind of portal it is. It originated in the Mystra temple in Wheloon. I used it because I found the Purple Dragons even less reasonable than you. I had no idea for sure where it would lead other than out of Wheloon. I do not know who created it but I do know who used it. Good old Shan Thar and his lady boss, the crazed Arthas. Both are now rotting thanks to you guys."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1722
    Ogre in the Playground

"How did you get back to the temple to use the portal?" Maesyn asks.

After receiving the answer, he continues: "Next line of questioning: Do you know where the Dwarven woman, Meradi Goldminer, is?"

Maesyn Silverhair

13. - Top - End - #1723
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair smiles "The Purple Dragons wanted to do a very thorough examination of the temple turning it over the Mystrans. I offered my services. When I realized that I would not get anything back in exchange, I decided to escape."

"You mean the dwarf woman, who looked like the one that did not know how to swim? She was part of the last group I smuggled out. Probably Thieraven or Bestra would know what happened to her but you sent them to same location you send Shan Thar and Asthras."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1724
    Ogre in the Playground

"You said earlier that you know where she is. Were you lying?"

Maesyn Silverhair

15. - Top - End - #1725
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair scratches his hair "She either used the gate or was fed to the mastiff. Thieraven or Bestra would have known for sure. He mentioned she was quite a handful. I just overhear stuff. All the time."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1726
    Ogre in the Playground

"That doesn't answer my question. Were you lying before when you said you knew where she was?"

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2013-07-16 at 07:44 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1727
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair "She is either dog food or gone through the portal. It is what I know. So she is either here or there. So this is what I tried to say. I knew I smuggled it. I knew she made it to here. I overheard Theiraven complaining about a femalte dwarf. She was the only one I smuggled recently so I assumed it was her. The decision to send her to the next stage of the journey or feed her to the mastiff was Thieraven but I do not know what he choose."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1728
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, you told us that you had useful information about her whereabouts in a pathetic attempt to get us to spare your life. That doesn't speak well to your general honesty, Mhair.

"So tell us about this portal. Another stage in the 'journey'? Where does it go? How is it decided which dominated people go through the portal and which stay behind to serve here?"

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2013-07-16 at 08:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1729
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair "As I said many times, everything I know I overheard. I was not part of the Sharrans' scheme. So everything I know was not intended for me to know. MAy be if I was a leader of this group, I will have all your answers.

The portal is the big black orb downstairs. Lead to the plane of shadows or home for the Shadar-kai. This where the dominated people go. According to Thieraven, they go in group of 4 or 5. I do not know why this specific number. And yes, apparently, it is the final stage in the journey, to the Ebon Dome although I have no idea what it is or where it is. You can ask the lizards, it is not in the swamp and I know the swamp well.
    "
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1730
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen remains quiet and listens to the group talk to Mhair.
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

21. - Top - End - #1731

ElfPirate

"Have you told us everything you know about this scheme that we're just finding out about?" Ryx asks. If Mhair has more information, Ryx tells him to continue. "Have you told us everything you know about the players in this grand scheme, there names and their role?" If he has told us all, Ryx continues, but if Mhair knows more, Ryx simply says, "Well, continue, tell us everything you know about each individual." Once Mhair can answer truthfuly, that he has told everything he knows about the scheme the Sharrans are working on, and who all the players are, Ryx asks, "Have you told us everything you know about the orb downstairs, and where it goes, and what is there if we go." If Mhair says he has not old all he knows, Ryx tell him to tell all. "We shouldn't have to ask the exact question. If you want to leave on your own two legs you should be more forthcoming with your answers."

22. - Top - End - #1732
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair looks at Ryxikor "I need to feel positive that after I tell you everything, you won't just give me to be executed by some kind of authorities. So this is why I am giving it piece by piece. I want to show that if you hold to your words, I will tell you all. For example, and this will probably not be a surprise to the nice looking Mystran who hangs with you, but the Sharrans plan had something to do with the Weave and the plane of shadows. I do not understand magic but it was obvious that something was cooking about that here. Now the leader.
    Shan Thar was the one who hired me to smuggle. Fembrys was his boss and had a passion for experimenting on people. Arthas was all business, always lowering her voice when she saw me. A true devoted Sharran. Bestra was her counterpart here I believe. She was the one I sent the dominated parishioners there. Thieraven who I just meet after I arrived here was the boss. He ran the show here on the non religious side. Ok what else? .... Ah the orb. All I know is that Thieraven told me not to touch it unless I wanted to visit his home plane. What else do you want to know?
    "

Axara approaches Mhair and opens her mouth but says nothing. She wants to make sure MHair answers her friends' question first.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1733

ElfPirate

Ryx looks at the rafter, "I still don't understand why they need these parisioners, and how did they choose them?" after getting any answers. Ryx says Axara step forward but hold her tongue, So Ryx takes the opportunity to ask one more question, "I had just arrived in Wheloon before immediately becoming embroiled in this situation. Which part of town exactly are these young ladies you spoke so highly of at first?"

24. - Top - End - #1734

ElfPirate

Ryx then c*cks his head, as if he just put something together, "Earlier you said you got away through the portal at the temple. We found a failed portal. What do you know of that?"

After Mhair answers, Ryx continues, "So....we missed a portal? But not one that leads to the Shadow Plane? One that leads here?" the elf hesitates, "That is the only way you could have beat us here, correct?" Ryx asks, wondering if this is far fetched, He could have very easily came in last night while we slept. Someone or something did. he thinks to himself.

"And... you never answered my question from earlier. Now with the zone of truth spell cast, lets discuss your relationship with the purple dragons. You seem to have gotten away too easily, portal or not. Did any of them help you escape? If so, how and who?"
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-07-16 at 03:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1735
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhairs continues "I have no idea what they do with the parishioners. All I know is that I never saw one come back. And how they are selected is some kind of ritual. Not sure .... as for the young ladies .. yes ... well Wheloon does not officially allows house of pleasure but if you know what to look for. For example, in the not so great part of town is a place called the Lille Red Fox Inn. It is a total dive and when you go inside, you seen all these girls alone at table or at a bar. Buying them a drink is very expense and later, you will be asked if you want to rent a room for 15, 30 or 60 minutes at a really high price. You can guess the rest. I'll bring you to my favorite red head......"

The tone turns serious at the next set of questions "No clue about a failed portal. The portal I used lead me here from Wheloon. Instantly. Strange feeling actually. My relationship with the purple dragons? They probably are looking for for me. You should have seen their face when I disappeared. No one helped me. The Purple Dragons cannot really be corrupted in my experience."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1736

ElfPirate

"Really? How interesting we missed that. Where is that one and where is the one located here, what room is it in?"

Getting the map from Maesyn, they got in Mhair's room, Ryx holds it up to Mhair, "This monastery, past the lost refuge, what is it?"

Ryx hates to ask, but knows he has to ask the next question, "So....your saying if we are to look for the dwarven woman, we need to go through the portal downstairs?"

"Hmm, what exactly are those undead lizardfolk? They seem to steal spells to heal themselves. Where do they come form?" Ryx tries to think of any last thing, "And the strange fey creatures, shadar kai, you seem to be affiliated with them. Tell us about them."
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-07-16 at 07:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1737
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair smiles "Now you will finally get the info you really want and let me to be killed. Remember Fembrys' room with the disgusting "trophies" in it? Well, if you know where to put your hands and what to say, you will find yourself here in a small room touching a headless statue. I think it was Bestra's room. I know what to touch and what to say. As a proof of my willingness to deal and stay alive, I will volunteer the information. In Fembry's study, touch the space below the second and fourth head from the left and say "May the Lady of Mysteries rot in the abyss". It will teleport you into Bestra room and you will have a hand on the left hip of the statue and the right thigh... I am not sure how to activate it from this side... and here is another piece of information for free. Apparently, who ever created that portal put some limits about who could use it. I do not really know the limits ..."

"Now regarding the monastery, I was asked to draw it. I have no idea what they were refereeing to because as I said, there is no monastery in the Vast Swamp. As for the female dwarf, if she was part of another convoy tot he plane of shadows, she probably went through the portal. But it is just a guess on my side. "

"The dead lizards? I have no idea. You should ask a cleric about that. And the shadar-kai? Thierhaven was the first one I ever met when I arrived here. I told him what happened in the temple in Wheloon and I might have embellished my role to stay alive. I wanted him to believe I really was on his side."

"See, honestly, I might not be a good guy but I am not a crazed Sharran. I just want to stay live. And that is the truth"

Kessessek intervenes "The spell has little time left. Did you kill Chieftain Gathan?"

Mhair lowers his eyes "Yes. Thieraven told me to kill the hostages if these people did not want a peaceful solution. I had nothing against your friend. I just followed orders to stay alive."

The lizardfolk cleric growls in anger.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1738
    Ogre in the Playground

"One final question, Mhair. Yes or no will suffice," Maesyn says. "If we spare your life, do we have your assurance that you will not consort with the followers of Shar ever again?"

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2013-07-17 at 10:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1739
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mhair looks at Maesyn deep in the eyes "If you let me live, I will never again associate with any Sharrans for as long as I live. I will leave Wheloon and try to make a living the honest way."

Kessessek shines in. "He is telling truth. However, the murderer must pay for his crime!"
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1740

ElfPirate

Ryx listens to the exchange without much interest, but when he hears Kessessek mention having to pay for his, Mhair's, crime, the elf inhales slowly, rises to his feet and is ready to leave, not wanting to interfere.

The rogue descends the staircase, with the loot from upstairs, adding it to the pile they have collected so far.