New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Lia

I'm filled with relief as Halaza manages to get the guards to back down, and I swiftly return my focus to the main fight. With Zrekha's concentrating magic I'm certain I can pick one of them out from up here, but not so sure I'll do a decisive amount of damage. I hesitate slightly about abandoning my raised position for barely an instant before shrugging off the doubt and springing into action.

With a quick nod of thanks to Zrekha, I drop my bow where it lies, drawing my sword from its scabbard across my back. In three paces I'm at the roof edge and sailing through the air, my long dark hair flowing behind me. I land perfectly on the other side of the street and in four more steps I'm at the edge above the fight in time to see Kel land what must be a staggering blow on Cruorin's unexpected ally. I grab onto the gutter as I hop off the edge, and slide down the wall. Even as I do so I'm analysing Cruorin's defences and no sooner have I touched the ground than I chain together two of my most powerful combat techniques!

Slashing powerfully up under Cruorin's defense I follow up the stroke by turning aside his guard with my blade, throwing him off balance.

"Kel, strike now!"

Spoiler
    Show
    As per dice thread, touch attack (emerald razor) hit with an attack roll of 36 dealing 30pts of damage. White Raven Tactics makes Kel's Initiative 17 and he gets to go again.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-03-16 at 01:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos stands in position with his blade in one hand, pointed directly at Cruorin.

"They're honorable people who jumped at the call. And you're not killing them without killing me first." he responds, his eyes filled with fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm supposed to let you know when Iron Guard's Glare becomes active. When I threaten a person, they take -4 to any attack roll against anyone else. They can attack me normally, though.

This isn't essentially spam so I can see the next page. Nope. Not at all.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice move... but will it be enough?

*Lyral (26)
    *Algrith (24)
    Arlia (18)
    *Kel (17)
    Tarmikos (16)
    Cruorin (15)+ Spellcaster
    Imaran (9)
    Silvan (7)
    Jorah (6)
    Guards (4)
    Halaza (3)
    Jesskya (21) [Delaying]
    Zrekha (1)

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I can't seem to make heads or tails of who is going when, whenever it is Algrith's turn he...

Algrith, seeing everyone run off, realizes that running between building is the quick and easy for someone as frail as himself to become dead.
    I didn't go through all that just to die by some anonymous killer he mutters to himself as he pulled a yellow feather out of his pouch, made a double cirlce in the air while saying DirVik in a deep, gutteral tone. With that, he flew into the air, gaining altitude quickly to see if he could spot this mysterious antagonist.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Kel 5ft steps to flank and unleashes a flurry of non lethal melee strikes and natural weapons upon the arcane caster. He also activates his protective aura (Double strength Magic Circle against evil and Globe of invulnerability lesser)

Spoiler
    Show

1st Attack (Trip Attempt)
    Touch attack (1d20+18)[29]
    Trip Attempt: (1d20+17)[21]

If Successful free attack
    (1d20+19)[39]
    (3d6+13)[27]

Confirming Critical Hit
    (1d20+19)[36]
    (3d6+13)[22]

2nd Attack
    (1d20+19)[20]
    (3d6+13)[20]

3rd Attack
    (1d20+14)[27]
    (3d6+13)[25]

Bite Attack
    (1d20+13)[26]
    (1d8+4)[8]

Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-03-16 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral watches everyone else disappear into the alley after the killer. Once again, he can hear Tarmikos' voice.
    Damn, the man will not stay silent! I will do it myself if I do, after I chase down his brother.
    With that, he makes for the maze of stone and wooden planks, easily making it to Cruorin's position.
    "Hello there," he says, as he thrusts towards the warrior's face with palms outstretched.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

You trip the spellcaster. Under the following flurry of blows, the spellcaster falls. As he falls over, suddenly, both he and Cruorin vanish.

Those spot checks...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those of you who are behind the first row of buildings who got a 20 or better on those spot checks notice some people moving at you from the shadows.

Algrith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Algrith, seeing everyone run off, realizes that running between building is the quick and easy for someone as frail as himself to become dead.
    I didn't go through all that just to die by some anonymous killer he mutters to himself as he pulled a yellow feather out of his pouch, made a double cirlce in the air while saying DirVik in a deep, gutteral tone. With that, he flew into the air, gaining altitude quickly to see if he could spot this mysterious antagonist.
    You see that your foe has vanished.

The shadows...
    Spoiler
    Show
    One guy steps out of the shadows and says "Woah, you guys beat them?" He seems worried about his own odds.

Chart:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well then...

Lyral (26)
    Algrith (24)
    ??? (20)
    *Arlia (18)
    *Kel (17)
    *Tarmikos (16)
    *Imaran (9)
    *Silvan (7)
    *Jorah (6)
    Guards (4)
    Halaza (3)
    Jesskya (21) [Delaying]
    Zrekha (1)
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-20 at 09:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the sudden pause in sound, Imaran wonders whats going on. Hurrying around the corner, he sees that their opponents have vanished. Shouting out a quick enquiry, (and presumably hearing that they have vanished), he turns and heads back to the others in case they might need help just in time to hear the voices and see the figure exiting the shadows. Who are you? he challenged the lurker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move, no actions left.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Hearing the sudden pause in sound, Imaran wonders whats going on. Hurrying around the corner, he sees that their opponents have vanished. Shouting out a quick enquiry, (and presumably hearing that they have vanished), he turns and heads back to the others in case they might need help just in time to hear the voices and see the figure exiting the shadows. Who are you? he challenged the lurker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move, no actions left.
    "Who I am is unimportant..."

Spoiler
    Show

Lyral (26)
    Algrith (24)
    ??? (20)
    *Arlia (18)
    Kel (17)
    *Tarmikos (16)
    Imaran (9)
    *Silvan (7)
    *Jorah (6)
    Guards (4)
    Halaza (3)
    Jesskya (21) [Delaying]
    Zrekha (1)

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the Haste I cast included me, as well. If not, I still have expeditious retreat active, I believe, so I should have move of 60 regardless. Also assuming that the action is going on less than 60 feet from Jorah.

Jorah rushes towards where he saw Tarmikos and Cruorin jump down. While on the way, he draws his mace. Upon arrival, he sees Tarmikos, Lyral, Kel, Silvan, and a figure just out of the shadows, but does not see Cruorin. Upon noticing the new figure and noting the disappearance of their foe, Jorah calls upon divine power, not knowing what is to come but hoping to be prepared. When he finishes casting, Jorah asks his allies, "What happened? Where is Cruorin?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action to head towards the action. Drawing weapon as a free action while moving. Standard action to cast Divine Power. Free action to speak.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Kel looks over at Jorah, He vanished along with an ally of his. More than likely he teleported away to somewhere safe.

Kel then turns his attention to the man, Also you have about 10 seconds to explain who you are and what is your relations with that man. Also if you could tell us where he is now that would be great Kel narrows his eyes at the man but tries to seem like an authoritative figure while also not trying to scare the man too badly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Roll: (1d20+21)[39]

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Jesskya, realising the two evil auras she was detecting have disapeared from the fight checks her detect evil more carfully.

Spoiler
    Show
    She looks left and right using her detect evil in the 180 degrees infront of her.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel looks over at Jorah, He vanished along with an ally of his. More than likely he teleported away to somewhere safe.

Kel then turns his attention to the man, Also you have about 10 seconds to explain who you are and what is your relations with that man. Also if you could tell us where he is now that would be great Kel narrows his eyes at the man but tries to seem like an authoritative figure while also not trying to scare the man too badly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Roll: (1d20+21)[39]
    "I don't know where he went, all I know is he was paying us rather large sums of money..."

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Jesskya, realising the two evil auras she was detecting have disapeared from the fight checks her detect evil more carfully.

Spoiler
    Show
    She looks left and right using her detect evil in the 180 degrees infront of her.
    There doesn't appear to be any evil in the scanned area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lyral (26)
    Algrith (24)
    ??? (20)
    *Arlia (18)
    Kel (17)
    *Tarmikos (16)
    Imaran (9)
    *Silvan (7)
    *Jorah (6)
    Guards (4)
    Halaza (3)
    Jesskya (21) [Delaying]
    Zrekha (1)

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah speaks to the man from the shadows, hoping to resolve the situation. "Do you still intend to attack us, knowing your employer has been defeated? You know as well as I that would not end well for you. Since you have not yet struck, leave now, and this can be forgotten."

Even while speaking Jorah remains ready for any hostile movement, glancing and listening for an attack or hushed negotiations. Only seeing the one man, he further searches for any further assailants, having been around a corner an unable to see his (their?) arrival.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:13 - Watching for any hostile motions.
    Search:7 Looking for any further assailants, seeing only one.
    Listen:11 Listening for whispers, blades being drawn, etc.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    Jorah speaks to the man from the shadows, hoping to resolve the situation. "Do you still intend to attack us, knowing your employer has been defeated? You know as well as I that would not end well for you. Since you have not yet struck, leave now, and this can be forgotten."

Even while speaking Jorah remains ready for any hostile movement, glancing and listening for an attack or hushed negotiations. Only seeing the one man, he further searches for any further assailants, having been around a corner an unable to see his (their?) arrival.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:13 - Watching for any hostile motions.
    Search:7 Looking for any further assailants, seeing only one.
    Listen:11 Listening for whispers, blades being drawn, etc.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see or hear anything.

"Very well." He says, putting away his dagger, before continuing "I must know, who are you guys?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing as there are no hostiles left on the scene, I think I can call this battle over. Post freely once more.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral, visibly frustrated that his prey has disappeared, turns to face the newcomer abruptly. His glower is evident on his face, and his hands ball into fists. His eyes darken, heralding the coming of wrath.
    "Someone who has just been deprived of his quarry. My real name, like yours, is largely irrelevant. What was he paying you for?" By the last words, his voice is noticeably raised.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-24 at 08:59 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Before giving the man a chance to respond to Lyral, Jorah, distrustful of men who accost them from the shadows, begins to call upon divine power, casting a spell of Divination. "You should be informed that should you lie to us in any way, I will know. Do not think I bluff now. A lie may well mean your death."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Discern Lies

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Lyral, visibly frustrated that his prey has disappeared, turns to face the newcomer abruptly. His glower is evident on his face, and his hands ball into fists. His eyes darken, heralding the coming of wrath.
    "Someone who has just been deprived of his quarry. My real name, like yours, is largely irrelevant. What was he paying you for?" By the last words, his voice is noticeably raised.
    Before giving the man a chance to respond to Lyral, Jorah, distrustful of men who accost them from the shadows, begins to call upon divine power, casting a spell of Divination. "You should be informed that should you lie to us in any way, I will know. Do not think I bluff now. A lie may well mean your death."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Discern Lies
    "He was here hunting someone."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

See that the commotion has died down, Algrith looks and spots Imaran along with the rest of the group. Flying down, he asks
    Who... or what, was that?
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-03-24 at 11:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    See that the commotion has died down, Algrith looks and spots Imaran along with the rest of the group. Flying down, he asks
    Who... or what, was that?
    "Do you mean to ask who he was searching for?" The man then spots Tarmikos. "Wait... I think he was looking for that guy."

21. - Top - End - #381
    Colossus in the Playground

Zrekha puts her wand away as she stands on the rooftop, using her greatsword to lean against and whistle to herself as she watches the horizon of the city.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah continues the interrogation, more than a little annoyed at the unhelpful answers. If only the man would give them something to go on! As interesting as his target might be, it was fairly obvious that Tarmikos was involved. He needed something - anything- with which to divine. "Have you any idea of why he searched for this man? For that matter, where and how were you hired?"

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorah continues the interrogation, more than a little annoyed at the unhelpful answers. If only the man would give them something to go on! As interesting as his target might be, it was fairly obvious that Tarmikos was involved. He needed something - anything- with which to divine. "Have you any idea of why he searched for this man? For that matter, where and how were you hired?"
    "I don't know why, he just came to our meeting and offered quite bit of money if we'd help find this guy."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    "I don't know why, he just came to our meeting and offered quite bit of money if we'd help find this guy."
    Kel sternly asks, Spoken like a true hit man. What is this group you are a part of and where are they located.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

There are already way to many people asking questions right now, so I briefly rest a reassuring hand on Tarmikos' shoulder before stepping back into the shadows and disappearing.

A moment later I haul myself up over the rooftop near Zrekha, offering a quick smile in thanks for her earlier aid before sitting cross-legged and sitting next to her on the roof. For the moment I'm content to survey the scene below, leaving the investigation to the others and waiting to see what develops.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral, listening to both Kel and Jorah's rather conventional interrogative techniques, soon grows bored.
    A little bit of intimidation would work wonders, I think. These clowns have obviously been had by Cruorin. He probably never even gave them real information, just a rough description of Tarmikos and false promises to repay them in kind. What is going on here? He has had ample opportunity to simply kill him. If I am to truly give chase to this Cruorin, I should probably know his motivations. Looking for better results, he turns to Tarmikos.
    "Cruorin looks like you. Smells like you too. You're related. What do you know about him?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-25 at 04:13 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Is of Dragonblood like you too...

Halaza chimes in having arrived behind them on Jesskya...
    She scans around looking for Dragonblooded people within 60ft...

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel sternly asks, Spoken like a true hit man. What is this group you are a part of and where are they located.
    "I'm afraid to say that I can't tell you that. I assure you however, murder was not our plan, too messy. I can't speak for our employer, however..."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos coughs a bit, and rests on one knee, propping himself against his long sword. Tired from the fighting style he employed against his hated enemy, Tarmikos’ breathing sounds heavy. “I wish that could have gone better than it did.” Tarmikos began, reaching into his bag and retrieving a pair of handcuffs. He sighs before putting them away. “It’d be a miracle for me to get lucky enough to approach him again…”

He glances toward Lyral, trying to meet his eyes despite being visibly tired. “I certainly wouldn’t know how I would smell like that bastard. You’d think the stench of death on his hands would be enough to differentiate our respective odors. And what link to him I do have don’t matter. Neither does the blood, other than how much of it he’s spilt over the years.” Tarmikos remarks, throwing a glance toward Halaza during his response. “All I really know is that he’s an unfeeling monster, and that apparently he already seems to have connections set up here, so he’s probably been here for a while. To say that this place is going to have trouble in the future would not be a stretch, if his latest plans are focused here.”

Rising to his feet, he looks back at the spot where his enemy once stood, then looks about, not focusing on anyone in general. “Are you men your own bosses? Do you possibly follow the order of someone above you? Or are you in Cruorin’s employ?” he asks, finally eyeing the man from the shadows. “I’d prefer not to get into another fight if I don’t have to, but there’s quite a bit here that doesn’t make any sense, and you and your group might be able to tell more. No matter what you do, I’d never work with scum like him. You’d just as soon be betrayed and left to die than receive any type of compensation.”

“Maybe this conversation should be held at another place. The guards have already appeared, and although they are spineless, they’re still the authority in this town. Though I still have questions I’d as soon ask them, I’d prefer to do it when I’m certain they won’t be in the way. And I’m not particularly fond of the idea of them bringing back reinforcements to deal with us.” As he speaks, Tarmikos attempts to attune his senses to his surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls just to roll.

Diplomacy:Taking 10+19 for a [29]
    Listen:(1d20+7)[14]
    BK Search:(1d20+8)[18]
    BK Spot:(1d20+3)[21]

Copy Pasta sounds delicious…

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral is slowly losing patience with the lack of concrete answers so far.
    How pathetic. Tarmikos is too volatile to be productive - emotionally compromised in every way. I'll glean all the information I can, and leave them behind. He looks around for a moment, before realizing that there were in fact guards, which had attacked Halaza and her oh-so-holy mount. Turning back to Tarmikos, he looks him straight in the yes.
    "That wasn't my question. I asked you what you knew about him." He lets a little irritation color his tone - after all, the bard clearly had no grasp of subtlety, so perhaps Lyral would have to spell it out for him.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-03-26 at 10:42 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.