New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Rising to his feet, he looks back at the spot where his enemy once stood, then looks about, not focusing on anyone in general. “Are you men your own bosses? Do you possibly follow the order of someone above you? Or are you in Cruorin’s employ?” he asks, finally eyeing the man from the shadows. “I’d prefer not to get into another fight if I don’t have to, but there’s quite a bit here that doesn’t make any sense, and you and your group might be able to tell more. No matter what you do, I’d never work with scum like him. You’d just as soon be betrayed and left to die than receive any type of compensation.”
    "Suffice to say, our group exists to allow our continued success in our chosen career. I myself am not in charge, nor can I show you who is."

The guards who were here walk away, trying to leave unnoticed, and failing very badly at it.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith, upon hearing about what was going on, flies over to where the two are being interrogated. Hovering above everyone, he incants softly, 3 fingers raised, as he scans his surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting detect magic, aiming it on the group containing the captives, to pick up any aura's and try to determine what they are.

Spellcraft~
    (1d20+20)[9](29)

Let me know if I need to roll any more

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Algrith, upon hearing about what was going on, flies over to where the two are being interrogated. Hovering above everyone, he incants softly, 3 fingers raised, as he scans his surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting detect magic, aiming it on the group containing the captives, to pick up any aura's and try to determine what they are.

Spellcraft~
    [roll0]

Let me know if I need to roll any more

No magic auras are seen. (Small note, captives? Really... There is only one, and he can easily return to the shadows from whence he came. There are others, but they are still in those shadows.)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Halaza jumps on the back of Lyral's question equally tired of Tarmikos watered down answeres.
    Indeed, perhaps you can stop avoiding the questions and give us some damn answers Dragonblood! If I hadnt had to guess of him being of your kin then we might have been able to better subdue him.

Hell for all we knew up until now he could have been bloody innocent and you were just raving like a flaming idiot.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Noting the apparent reluctance of Tarmikos to answer, Jorah switches his focus to him, paying close attention to the man's aura.

Spoiler
    Show
    Focusing on Tarmikos for Discern Lies. Make a DC 18 Will Save.
    Last edited by Shazek; 2012-03-26 at 06:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

As Tarmikos stands eye to eye with Lyral, he remains completely focused... until he hears Halaza's two copper pieces.

"That man? Cruorin? Innocent?" He begins, staring at her with a dumbfounded look in his eyes. "For you to even make that joke means you either hate me for reasons I certainly can't fathom, although that jest seems to be a bit much even for anything I could have done to you, or you're speaking out of genuine ignorance. I'm surprised you don't seem to know who he is. I'd have thought people would have at least heard of the Treasure Cruises incident. At the very least, even if you hadn't seen the cursed blade, Dagoc's description of the murderer matches him."

Tarmikos looks up the wall that leads to where he and Cruorin first traded blows today. "In any case, I've already told you what concrete information I have on him. It's been years since I've even seen the man, and I'm still trying to figure out what I can myself. Wasting time trying to poke through random memories to see what may or may not be of use doesn't seem prudent at the moment. Enough new mysteries have appeared that wasting further time with me instead of talking to people that actually know things would be a travesty, and I've no intention to waste any more time. I have my first lead in years, and I'm not letting it go to waste."

Tarmikos returns his attention to the man from the shadows once more. "Will you at least answer a few questions? There's so much I need to know.... admittedly, something to call you would be nice to know, if you would be willing to share. I am Tarmikos Silverkin."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Random Reminder, did everyone remember their Knowledge Checks?

Also, qwerty, how well did the various checks I made (except for the fail Wis-save) work?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-03-27 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Oh dang. Forgot to add the Silver.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Random Reminder, did everyone remember their Knowledge Checks?

Also, qwerty, how well did the various checks I made (except for the fail Wis-save) work?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember if you already saw them, but you saw the other people in the shadows, due to the new round of checks you made.

The man from the shadows turns to return to them...

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Kel raises an eyebrow and assuming Kel can cast a spell on the target he casts blinding spittle on the man. Sorry but you're still under arrest. Silvan capture!

Touch attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    (The touch attack should be at -4 so I got an 8 total)

Silvan then bites the foe
    (1d20+6)[21] (Non Lethal)
    (2d6+9)[12]

Trip:
    (1d20+13)[28]
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-03-27 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel raises an eyebrow and assuming Kel can cast a spell on the target he casts blinding spittle on the man. Sorry but you're still under arrest. Silvan capture!
    Your spell fails to connect with the man.
    The bite does connect, causing him to fall (and making the trip attack unneeded).
    You hear a flurry of activity in the shadows, as the others flee.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-03-27 at 06:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos cusses under his breath as he is too slow to notice Kel's actions in time. As one of the men fall, the others scatter. "I was hoping this would be easy, especially since I'm tired.... Hopefully this one will be detained for later." he says, looking at the tripped man.

He pulls his blade out of the ground, and raises his right arm into the air, fist balled. "Speed Up!" he calls out, as a yellow glow is released from his body. Tarmikos runs forward, and leaps into the air at the building in which the fight just took place.

This is my latest lead in 3 years... I've got to do everything I can to keep it strong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on a Jump Check unless Qwerty makes me roll it later, for a total of [33]. BK Climb Check: (1d20+4)[23]

Standard Action: Cast Expeditious Retreat Again.
    Move Action: Running Start (grabbing my sword in the process), then Jump/Climb back onto the building where Cruorin and Tarmikos were (and where Tarmikos left his shield behind).
    Free Action: Speak.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-03-27 at 11:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral, a grim smile on his face, approaches the man lying on the ground.
    "You will tell us everything you know," he says as he grasps the man roughly with both hands, thrusting him up against the alley wall. He glances very briefly at Halaza and Kel before continuing.
    "Wait until after he squeals to disapprove."
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "You will tell us everything you know," he says as he grasps the man roughly with both hands, thrusting him up against the alley wall. He glances very briefly at Halaza and Kel before continuing.
    As you lift him, you see that he is unconscious.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Kel sighs, He won't be much help like that. We should bring him to the authorities. They will have manacles and hopefully some mind probating spells. If you don't mind I will fly there immediately with him. The rest of you help Tarkimos capture any more that you can. Kel eyes Lyral Capture, not kill. Them being dead is not much better than them getting away.

If no one complains Kel will drag him and then begin flying towards the guard house with Silvan. (180ft/Round)

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos dashes over to his shield. As he reaches it, he closes his eyes, and waves his free hand from his left to his right in front of him. "Vanish" he whispers, and as his hand moves across his body, he becomes invisible.

Tarmikos grabs his shield, watching as it also turns invisible as he puts it away. As he moves to the edge of the building, sheathing his blade, he looks to see if he can tell if any of the men are still nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Spot Check: (1d20+3)[18]
    Casted Invisibility (obviously).

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarmikos dashes over to his shield. As he reaches it, he closes his eyes, and waves his free hand from his left to his right in front of him. "Vanish" he whispers, and as his hand moves across his body, he becomes invisible.

Tarmikos grabs his shield, watching as it also turns invisible as he puts it away. As he moves to the edge of the building, sheathing his blade, he looks to see if he can tell if any of the men are still nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Spot Check: (1d20+3)[18]
    Casted Invisibility (obviously).
    You can see a one of the slower guys running off.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

As Algrith is hovering and trying to discern if any magic might be being applied, he sees Kel attack the man he was talking to.
    <Certainly not the tack I would have taken> he thinks to himself.
    A moment later, he sees the rest of the group being to scatter. Realizing some of these men might hold pieces of the whole to what is going on, he quickly flies to about 60 feet and tries to keep an eye on as many men as he can, pointing them out to his newfound allies.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

After spotting one of the members of that group, Tarmikos hops off of the building, landing on his feet. He then attempts to slowly shadow the man, hoping that his spell and the busyness of the city will keep him hidden, and ensure his passage to where the hit men may meet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank God it's a Minute per Level for Invisibility and Expeditious Retreat. I was so biased against magic for a while, but it's just too convenient not to make use of...

Jump Check to ignore 10 ft. of falling damage: Auto success with a +23 Mod
    Tumble Check to ignore 10 ft. of falling damage: (1d20+8)[24] vs. DC 15
    BK Hide Check to ensure the man can't see me: (1d20+22)[38] (Invisibility rocks)
    BK Move Silently Check to ensure the man can't hear me: (1d20+2)[8] (this will probably make or break what I'm trying to do)

I can only go at half speed, otherwise the Dc increases. Thank goodness for Quick -and- Expeditious Retreat, so I can still move at 35 ft. rather than 15.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-03-28 at 08:18 PM. Reason: That's two words that are spelled right but not the correct word...

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Kel sighs, He won't be much help like that. We should bring him to the authorities. They will have manacles and hopefully some mind probating spells. If you don't mind I will fly there immediately with him. The rest of you help Tarkimos capture any more that you can. Kel eyes Lyral Capture, not kill. Them being dead is not much better than them getting away.

If no one complains Kel will drag him and then begin flying towards the guard house with Silvan. (180ft/Round)
    A rather bemused Jorah watches the action with a confused eye. "I'm sorry, but capturing more? You mean to say there was more than one assailant? Did I somehow miss them?" His puzzlement is obvious on his face and in his vocal tone. With the distraction of all the running and jumping and knocking people out Jorah loses concentration on his spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ceasing concentration on Discern Lies, ending the spell.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Jesskya, what you say we circle round?
    The unicorn, bucks onto two legs quickly turning round even in the tiny ammount of space she has available to her.
    And dashed back up the alleyway into the open market once again.

There they see one of the men from their strange party of sorts flying above the city and attempt to use him as a guide to cut off the fleeing men.

As they go Jesskya searches for anymore evil men with her Sence Evil and Halaza searches more for the Dragonblood that got away.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    A rather bemused Jorah watches the action with a confused eye. "I'm sorry, but capturing more? You mean to say there was more than one assailant? Did I somehow miss them?" His puzzlement is obvious on his face and in his vocal tone. With the distraction of all the running and jumping and knocking people out Jorah loses concentration on his spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ceasing concentration on Discern Lies, ending the spell.
    Kel looks at Jorah, Um, yes. There were more of this man's allies in the shadows. They just broke ranks and Tarkimos is chasing after them now. Motioning to the man Kel is carrying I will be back as soon as possible. Kel then flies to the guard's headquarters.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-03-29 at 03:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I watch from the roof as the others alternately apprehend the fallen or vanish altogether.

There doesn't seem to be much left to do as our leads have either vanished into thin air or don't appear to know anything useful. I shrug, and resign myself to the fact that for today at least, the bad guys appear to have got away.

"Hey Zrekha, want to go get some lunch? It'll be my treat, least I could do after all your assistance earlier!"

22. - Top - End - #412
    Colossus in the Playground

Zrekha looks to the smaller woman beside her on the rooftop, nodding as she sheathes her greatsword. "Yes. Thank you. The men in this city seem to share the attention span of a goblin." With the shield that had aided her dispersed, and the entropic energies surrounding her gone too, she quickly climbs down the side of the building, expecting for Lia to lead the way to lunch. "What were you chasing?"

23. - Top - End - #413

Zrekha looks to the smaller woman beside her on the rooftop, nodding as she sheathes her greatsword. "Yes. Thank you. The men in this city seem to share the attention span of a goblin." With the shield that had aided her dispersed, and the entropic energies surrounding her gone too, she quickly climbs down the side of the building, expecting for Lia to lead the way to lunch. "What were you chasing?"

24. - Top - End - #414

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran found himself a bit lost in the sudden flurry of activity, but drifted over to where Lyral stood. Normally I would be at the head of the pack chasing fugitives from justice, but it seems that I have not the mobility to keep up. he says, somewhat ruefully.

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    note, edited post above, originally moved to the pair of women standing near the base of the building.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-04-02 at 01:23 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral, stymied by the turn of events, sighs to himself.
    Another day, another exciting adventure. It really is too bad about this Cruorin. He would have made a fun mark. Hopefully, we will meet again soon. He pauses, contemplative.
    The sky is unbelievably blue.
    Smiling as he stares upwards at the empty heavens, he allows himself a moment of blissful silence. Perhaps what Lyral needed was to return to the wilderness. After all, he had more than fulfilled his purpose in Cleveport. Maybe Barnes would have some more clients for him?
    I had better at least stick around for a little while longer. This group seems... interesting. His conclusion made for the time being, he walks calmly over to the base of the building upon which Lia and Zrekha stand. Tilting his head upwards, he calls out to them.
    "Room for one more?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-02 at 06:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Kel looks at Jorah, Um, yes. There were more of this man's allies in the shadows. They just broke ranks and Tarkimos is chasing after them now. Motioning to the man Kel is carrying I will be back as soon as possible. Kel then flies to the guard's headquarters.
    Upon hearing that he had missed something so significant, Jorah shakes his head for a moment and then laughs. "It seems that I have missed more than I thought I had. Perhaps I ought to work on my vision. I don't see much point in chasing after them myself. I suppose my work here is over, for now at least."

He proceeds to walk over to Lyral and Imaran, now amused at his plight. He relaxes as he approaches, the tense energy that had possessed him earlier now departing. He merely stands near them, not speaking at all, but absent-mindedly listening in case some new bit of information is revealed. While standing there, he ponders what little he knows of this "Cruorin."

'He seems to have some sort of relation to Tarmikos beyond that of a mere enemy, especially as they look the same. Between that and sharing "Dragonblood," if Halaza is to be believed, it seems they may be related. Tarmikos hunts him for some reason, and believes him to be truly vile. There was something about a ship, too....'

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

A dwarven man runs up and asks "What's going on over here? I heard some people were fighting." He has a war hammer out, ready to use.

Kel, you reach the guard station.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-02 at 08:25 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    A dwarven man runs up and asks "What's going on over here? I heard some people were fighting." He has a war hammer out, ready to use.

Kel, you reach the guard station.
    There was a brief incident, but it is resolved now. Imaran feels the slightest sneer come over his lips, but manages to repress it -- the inefficiency of the law in this city was staggering!
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Kel and Silvan land down in front of the guard station. Kel then calls out, Hello! This is urgent! I have an accomplice of the murderer of Dagoc, the barkeep who was cut in half. The man is currently subdued and unconscious. I would much appreciate manacles so he does not flee when he wakes up.