New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

"Come now, let's be off." Lyral leads the elf towards the northern gates. He does not stop for guards, opting instead to walk out of Cleveport's front doors with his head held high and a smile on his face.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "Come now, let's be off." Lyral leads the elf towards the northern gates. He does not stop for guards, opting instead to walk out of Cleveport's front doors with his head held high and a smile on his face.
    No one made any attempt to stop you. You are now standing on the northern road out of the city. It's about noon, and lightly cloudy. Osulu is right behind you.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-26 at 07:21 AM.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

As they walk, Lyral can feel the slow, sweet release that is the near solitude of the rural world. His breathing is deeper - no cloying bodies to fill his nostrils with the stench of unwashed bodies. His sight is farther - no tall buildings to obscure his vision. His hearing is sharper - only the footsteps of the elf and himself can be heard on the road, at least for now.
    "Would you like me to tell you a tale?"
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

As they walk, Lyral can feel the slow, sweet release that is the near solitude of the rural world. His breathing is deeper - no cloying bodies to fill his nostrils with the stench of unwashed bodies. His sight is farther - no tall buildings to obscure his vision. His hearing is sharper - only the footsteps of the elf and himself can be heard on the road, at least for now.
    "Would you like me to tell you a tale?"
    "Why not? Sounds like a good idea."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed
    Algrith picks up where Imaran stopped
    Lawless and murderous behavior are as bad for a society as oppressive laws. Rooting these things out allows everyone to be about their own business without having to fear for their lives or their property.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

The hunter clears his throat loudly.
    "Very well. I will tell you the tale of the Six from Shadow." He keeps pace with his new elven companion as he begins to talk, so that his words are audible and the quality of the story ensured.
    "One day long ago, there lived an adventurer named Alec Danue. It is with him that the story starts. He was a great sorcerer, and a trickster besides. Traveling the known world for many years, he came across a hidden vault. There, he saw visions of the old gods themselves, at the height of their power. Moreover, the artifacts within showed him a way to ascend to godhood himself, a means of immortality. However, Danue was a cautious man. He realized that he would have to test his method properly - on others. He would learn all of the machinations of the gods, before seizing the mantle himself. To that end, he began a search for promising talent, from which his vision would spring. First there was Sylvius, an apprentice illusionist. Next was Lionel, an elven merchant. Then Verna, a shadowy woman, and already learning the tools of the assassin. A monk who had forsaken his vows joined Danue's party. The last two members were even more mysterious. One was a shapeshifting fiend of some sort and the last was a cunning warrior surrounded by dread. Danue gathered these six beings to him, training them for years on end. They were to become the Six from Shadow. Eventually, Danue turned to the arts of spawncraft and artifice to fortify his magic. He bestowed on the Six terrible powers that mortals would tremble to behold, all the while preparing them for what would eventually become godhood - their inheritance. However, Danue made the mistake of only telling the eldest member, the warrior. Claiming to the others that Danue was to betray them, he turned the other five against their rightful master, casting him down into the depths. After this, the story breaks off completely. Some say that the Six from Shadow turned to infighting, and destroyed themselves. Others claim that Danue returned and wreaked vengeance on his former pupils. There are even those who claim that the leader of the Six managed to ascend, and rules as a dark god even today." After managing this far, Lyral needs to stop and take a proper breath. He hadn't talked that long in months, at least.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-26 at 06:40 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

I lean against the counter and run a hand through my long hair. Despite my earlier efforts I find it still slightly tangled, which irritates me - I have a sudden thought that a wand of prestidigitation might be a good idea. With a sigh, I decide to hear what the quest is anyway, and only then judge its worth.

"Might as well let me hear it, not as if I have anything else to do right now."
    "Some guy has a giant rat problem in his cellar. Someone of your skill could likely handle it in less than a minute."

Spoiler
    Show
    The hunter clears his throat loudly.
    "Very well. I will tell you the tale of the Six from Shadow." He keeps pace with his new elven companion as he begins to talk, so that his words are audible and the quality of the story ensured.
    "One day long ago, there lived an adventurer named Alec Danue. It is with him that the story starts. He was a great sorcerer, and a trickster besides. Traveling the known world for many years, he came across a hidden vault. There, he saw visions of the old gods themselves, at the height of their power. Moreover, the artifacts within showed him a way to ascend to godhood himself, a means of immortality. However, Danue was a cautious man. He realized that he would have to test his method properly - on others. He would learn all of the machinations of the gods, before seizing the mantle himself. To that end, he began a search for promising talent, from which his vision would spring. First there was Sylvius, an apprentice illusionist. Next was Lionel, an elven merchant. Then Verna, a shadowy woman, and already learning the tools of the assassin. A monk who had forsaken his vows joined Danue's party. The last two members were even more mysterious. One was a shapeshifting fiend of some sort and the last was a cunning warrior surrounded by dread. Danue gathered these six beings to him, training them for years on end. They were to become the Six from Shadow. Eventually, Danue turned to the arts of spawncraft and artifice to fortify his magic. He bestowed on the Six terrible powers that mortals would tremble to behold, all the while preparing them for what would eventually become godhood - their inheritance. However, Danue made the mistake of only telling the eldest member, the warrior. Claiming to the others that Danue was to betray them, he turned the other five against their rightful master, casting him down into the depths. After this, the story breaks off completely. Some say that the Six from Shadow turned to infighting, and destroyed themselves. Others claim that Danue returned and wreaked vengeance on his former pupils. There are even those who claim that the leader of the Six managed to ascend, and rules as a dark god even today."
    "Huh, that's an interesting story. Where did it come from, or did you make that up?" You hear something coming from the north.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-26 at 06:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral perks up at the sound. He attempts to look at where the noises are coming from. However, there should be no harm in keeping conversation while on the lookout - this Arcane Circle couldn't be that much farther off anyhow.
    "I heard it a long time ago, from a young, drunken fool. I believe it was at the Dragonglass, an inn some of my former brothers would frequent. I can't remember it all anyhow, and I'm sure I have some of it wrong." He smiles wistfully as he pulls out his bow and nocks an arrow to the string. He had best be prepared.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check: (1d20+16)[32]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-26 at 06:53 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyral perks up at the sound. He attempts to look at where the noises are coming from. However, there should be no harm in keeping conversation while on the lookout - this Arcane Circle couldn't be that much farther off anyhow.
    "I heard it a long time ago, from a young, drunken fool. I believe it was at the Dragonglass, an inn some of my former brothers would frequent. I can't remember it all anyhow, and I'm sure I have some of it wrong." He smiles wistfully as he pulls out his bow and nocks an arrow to the string. He had best be prepared.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check: [roll0]
    You see a few guys waiting in some bushes, lying in wait.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-26 at 07:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    "If you don't mind me asking, none of you seem to know Cruorin, do you. Yet you're all willing to put yourselves at risk to aid in his capture?"
    "My motivation seems to be somewhat less noble than any of yours. I originally joined the investigation on a whim, merely casting a few spells. When Halaza risked herself, I acted impulsively, trying to stop her from being killed by the man who slew Dagoc. I tried to aid you, perhaps unnecessarily. Since, it has been curiosity and fear that have led me to investigate. It seems strange to me that I have not heard of this "Cruorin" before, and I wish to learn more, to satisfy my mind. The fear, or perhaps unease, that I feel is that, in aiding you against a powerful criminal, I have drawn his eyes. I have no wish to face such a man alone, so I will work against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    He has broken the law. He has murdered innocents. What further reason would we need? Imaran asks gently. Turning to Jorah, he absentmindedly fiddles with his earring while he asks "What is this news you have?"
    "Ah, I forgot you did not see the letter I sent. I informed Tarmikos, Kel, and Halaza of this within their letters. I performed a powerful Divination on the subject of finding Cruorin. I learned that he has left this place, and gone to the north, where 'a great change will soon occur.' I also know that the monarch of this realm is ailing, and may die soon. The capital is around twenty miles to the north. I believe that Cruorin has traveled there, though for what purpose I know not. I intend to go there and investigate more fully. I own carriages and horses, with which we can travel there. I hope to discuss the matter more fully with you all, and then head out as soon as possible."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I certainly appreciate any aid I can get." Tarmikos replies to Jorah's motives. "I'm rather flexible in how I work, and having allies again is a welcome change from working alone for the past couple of years. Hopefully this will be the last time I need to gather help on this matter."

After listening to Jorah's explanation, Tarmikos quickly interjects. "I know we need to leave soon, but I kinda liked our earlier odds with additional adventurers. Any chance we might be able to risk a bit of time in seeing if we can find the rest of the group from the bar?" A smile crossed Tarmikos' face as he recounted the rest of the travelers, further memories being brought to his mind in the process.

His eyes flashed as his mind returned to the present. "I also did sorta promise Digan that I'd lead him to where I followed one of the hit men from earlier. If I'm lucky, he'll have led me to the rest of them. Possibly their leader, too. I would normally write such people to be below my notice, but this group is one of the few to encounter Cruorin on positive terms. Anything they know about him, or his allies, is worth learning."
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-26 at 10:52 PM. Reason: A word got deleted during proof-reading. See if you can guess what it is!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    "I certainly appreciate any aid I can get." Tarmikos replies to Jorah's motives. "I'm rather flexible in how I work, and having allies again is a welcome change from working alone for the past couple of years. Hopefully this will be the last time I need to gather help on this matter."

After listening to Jorah's explanation, Tarmikos quickly interjects. "I know we need to leave soon, but I kinda liked our earlier odds with additional adventurers. Any chance we might be able to risk a bit of time in seeing if we can find the rest of the group from the bar?" A smile crossed Tarmikos' face as he recounted the rest of the travelers, further memories being brought to his mind in the process.

His eyes flashed as his mind returned to the present. "I also did sorta promise Digan that I'd lead him to where I followed one of the hit men from earlier. If I'm lucky, he'll have led me to the rest of them. Possibly their leader, too. I would normally write such people to be below my notice, but this group is one of the few to encounter Cruorin on positive terms. Anything they know about him, or his allies, is worth learning."

I would have no problems with that, but my magic is rather limited in scope. Do you have a spell that could assist us, Algirth? Or perhaps...Jorah, was it?...you said you were a diviner?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

As I stand at the counter in the Adventurer's Guild I'm nearly dumbstruck by the inanity of the quest.

"Seriously, a rat in a cellar? Aren't there regular rat catchers in this city that can handle that? Aren't any of the other members interested?"

I laugh suddenly at the ridiculousness of making a rat my sworn enemy before managing to get myself under control. I manage to plaster a serious expression across my face.

"Ok, fine. I'll go and slay this rat. I'm sure it's a terrible inconvenience to the cellar's owner. Where do I go?"
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-04-27 at 05:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral readies himself, taking aim for one of the men lying in wait. Still smiling, he calls out to them.
    "You know the thing about bandits? They have a tendency to die easily, and in considerable pain." He nods to Osulu to draw any weapon he has available, or ready a spell perhaps.
    These fools are really asking for blood. Well, I will do my best not to disappoint them.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

As I stand at the counter in the Adventurer's Guild I'm nearly dumbstruck by the inanity of the quest.

"Seriously, a rat in a cellar? Aren't there regular rat catchers in this city that can handle that? Aren't any of the other members interested?"

I laugh suddenly at the ridiculousness of making a rat my sworn enemy before managing to get myself under control. I manage to plaster a serious expression across my face.

"Ok, fine. I'll go and slay this rat. I'm sure it's a terrible inconvenience to the cellar's owner. Where do I go?"
    "Alright. That said, you seem to have misheard me. I never said there was one rat. He's got quite a few of them. Anyway..." He then gives you directions to some house.

Lyral readies himself, taking aim for one of the men lying in wait. Still smiling, he calls out to them.
    "You know the thing about bandits? They have a tendency to die easily, and in considerable pain." He nods to Osulu to draw any weapon he has available, or ready a spell perhaps.
    These fools are really asking for blood. Well, I will do my best not to disappoint them.
    Upon hearing you, they scramble to find different places to hide, ironically enough removing themselves from cover.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-27 at 08:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I thank the clerk at the Adventurer's Guild for his time, and then set out to the address I've been given. When I get there, I knock at the door.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

I would have no problems with that, but my magic is rather limited in scope. Do you have a spell that could assist us, Algirth? Or perhaps...Jorah, was it?...you said you were a diviner?
    I wish I could assist, but my talents lie in different areas. he says, the disappoinment on his face evident.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Upon seeing the bandits fleeing, Lyral draws and releases. His pulse has quickened, his pupils dilated. He can almost smell the blood now, the fount of rich red liquid ordained by the gods themselves.
    This time, I won't miss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[23]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-27 at 02:06 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I thank the clerk at the Adventurer's Guild for his time, and then set out to the address I've been given. When I get there, I knock at the door.
    As you wait for someone to answer, you see that you are just a few doors away from the inn where you stayed last night. A man opens the door. "That was fast. I just sat down to wait." He shows you to the cellar.

Upon seeing the bandits fleeing, Lyral draws and releases. His pulse has quickened, his pupils dilated. He can almost smell the blood now, the fount of rich red liquid ordained by the gods themselves.
    This time, I won't miss.

Attack: (1d20+11)[23]
    Your arrow connects, as they continue to flee. Osulu fires off three darts of force from a wand up his sleeve at the same man.

Spoiler
    Show
    And it's a hit for (1d8)[1]

Magic Missile (Caster 5th) from a wand. (3d4+3)[12]
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-27 at 11:16 AM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I try to make conversation and find out more about what may be in the cellar at the same time.

"So how long have you had rats? Do you know roughly how many there may be? I'm sure I'll be able to sort this right out for you, mister...?"

I peer down into the cellar to get a feel for what's down there. If it's dark I'll prepare my lantern.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-04-27 at 12:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I try to make conversation and find out more about what may be in the cellar at the same time.

"So how long have you had rats? Do you know roughly how many there may be? I'm sure I'll be able to sort this right out for you, mister...?"

I peer down into the cellar to get a feel for what's down there. If it's dark I'll prepare my lantern.
    "Like I know! I was going down there to get some wine, and huge rats were down there."

And it is dark...

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I reconsider lighting my lantern as I recall that a rat is just a mammal, and their night vision isn't even half as good as mine.

"When I go in, shut the door behind me. We don't want any to escape."

I draw my greathammer and poke my head inside the cellar, assessing for layout, cover and potential threats.

Spoiler
    Show

What size is the room?
    What shape is the room?
    Can I see any rats?
    Is there any cover where rats may be lurking?
    Are there any other entrances, or holes that the rats could be getting in from?
    What material are the floors, walls and ceilings?
    Are there any light sources?

Initiative in case it's needed: (1d20+13)[23]

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

As he watches their flight, harsh laughter bubbles over Lyral's lips. His smile is wide, his teeth quite visible. Taking in the glorious sight before him, the hunter exalts quite openly, Osulu almost forgotten.
    "That's right! Run, run for your lives!" He nocks a second and third arrow to his bow, firing at one of the other fleeing bandits. He aims for the back, so that his comrades would know just how their friend had died - fleeing, a death befitting prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage 1: (1d8+1)[4]

Attack 2: (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage 2: (1d8+1)[7]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-27 at 02:53 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Halaza draws near the inn, it looks busy and she wonders whether
    perhaps this isnt the best place for them to meet after all.

After you...
    She points the guards towards the open doorway.
    And im waiting here...
    Yeah, sorry Jess...
    I am sure you wont be long.

As she walks in small group shout to her.
    Those from earlier, she recognises the druid first...
    Kel... Couldnt mistake that face anywhere.

I found some strays...
    Two guards...

She leans in and sits down at the table, ushering for both of them to also sit.
    Then leans into the group, her voice lowered.

Only one of them... Aint a guard...
    And hes kindly told me where he acquired his uniform
    from.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

As Tarmikos is about to speak, he hears more people enter the inn, and Jorah's greeting towards one of them. "Enjoy the trip over?" Tarmikos turns to respond to Halaza as she approaches, his eyebrow arched as he notices the men she's escorting. "It looks like you've been busy."

Tarmikos comments after she finishes. "So, he’s one of the people plaguing this city’s security. Hmph." He acknowledges the dwarf. “I wouldn’t worry too much about him, Jorah. Digan here, being the captain of this town’s guard, might want a few words with the crook.” After a pause, he carry on. “These fake guards were there during the fight earlier. This guy, or anyone he works for, might be connected with the hit men we encountered soon afterwards." Tarmikos smiles a toothy sneer at the two soldiers, not fully sure which is the real guard and which is the imposter. "I got a good feeling we can get something useful out of them, at least before we go."

Looking up at Halaza with his standard smile, he quickly continues. "By the way, you wouldn't happen to know where anyone else from our earlier group went, do you? As you would know from the letter, Jorah was gonna help those of us present go north, to investigate some happenings. Your help would be appreciated both in the last minute business here and in the mission."

He turns to look at the others. "Unless Jorah could use his magic to expedite the situation, I have no problem simply looking around as best as I can. If not on the way to my destination, then afterwards, I intend to see if the last three of those who gathered earlier want to help. Taking care of my last lead on the hit men is a bit more pressing, though, so I'm gonna go check that out in a bit. Once we're all finished, we could meet back up here. Hopefully at the latest, we can leave by sunset, if not before the dawn.”

Tarmikos absent mindedly looks up at the celling, and then outside. "I've honestly forgotten what time it was. I'm so used to darkness indoors that I've stopped paying attention to the sun."

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess Tarmikos could be considered to have possibly been intimidating when referencing the fake guard. If so, since we're not in combat or distract or anything (plus, Halaza seems to have already won out against him), I assume there's no issue with taking 10 for a 19.

I tried to factor in everything said recently, including Jorah's greeting to Halaza that Shazek left in his earlier post. Pardon me if I missed any details or anything like that.

I would like to ask how long it's been since I triggered Spymaster's Coin. Totally gotta make sure to break that out when I can. Making sure to remind both here and in the OOC for that.

Probably not going to post for a while unless something important comes up, since not only are we in need of a bit of a response from Jorah, but Kel's been too quiet recently.

.... that post looked significantly smaller in my head.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-27 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Seriously, Tarmikos should be forced to take a fortitude save versus running out of air at this rate...

26. - Top - End - #566
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

She acknowledges the dwarf...
    Captain of the guard,
    Bowing her head slightly
    Pleased to make your acquaintance.

As to my accompanying you, I have a meeting with our laundry man...
    This is merely a formality and an invitation.

She looks at the guard with the longsword.
    This one will be accompanying me as our friends custodian.
    And our friend will be accompanying me as a meter and greeter.

Next she looks to table as a whole.
    I will accompany you north when I have dealt with this meeting;
    come with me, wait here or go without me.
    It is upto you.

Now I must prepare myself for my meeting,
    anyone wishing to join, I shall be leaving in a few minutes.

Halaza stands and begins rearranging her armour, straightening it and polishing as best she can with the little she has.
    She then removes a small comb from a pocket and straightens her hair.
    Finally she sorts out her tabard and gloves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for quick succession posts but Halaza is in a rush.
    She wont be leaving until everyone has had a chance to post so... Dont worry I am tryign to not advance without letting people post.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-04-27 at 09:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    She acknowledges the dwarf...
    Captain of the guard,
    Bowing her head slightly
    Pleased to make your acquaintance.

As to my accompanying you, I have a meeting with our laundry man...
    This is merely a formality and an invitation.

She looks at the guard with the longsword.
    This one will be accompanying me as our friends custodian.
    And our friend will be accompanying me as a meter and greeter.

Next she looks to table as a whole.
    I will accompany you north when I have dealt with this meeting;
    come with me, wait here or go without me.
    It is upto you.

Now I must prepare myself for my meeting,
    anyone wishing to join, I shall be leaving in a few minutes.

Halaza stands and begins rearranging her armour, straightening it and polishing as best she can with the little she has.
    She then removes a small comb from a pocket and straightens her hair.
    Finally she sorts out her tabard and gloves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for quick succession posts but Halaza is in a rush.
    She wont be leaving until everyone has had a chance to post so... Dont worry I am tryign to not advance without letting people post.

Turning to Algirth, Imaran raises his eyebrows. Finding the hideout of these thieves would help us locate Cruorin. And take some revenge on these scum along the way. If Algirth seems interested, Imaran steps forward, his cloak swirling. We would be interested in accompanying you to eliminate the threat to this fair city. Indeed, Tarmikos and Jorah here might be interested as well, seeing as it would probably advance their own search as well.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-04-27 at 11:22 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah looks a bit uncomfortable as the suggestion is made that he use magic to locate the other members of the group. "Ah, I'm afraid that the few Divinations I have remaining to cast are rather limited in scope. I do not believe I could find any of the others, unless you can remember a particularly distinctive - possibly unique - object they possessed. Beyond that, I'm afraid we might have to wait till tomorrow, should we wish to find them. A spell called Locate Creature might work, but I cannot cast it today. I worry about waiting that long to act on my Divination. Such a thing runs the risk of making it useless. I agree that we should try to find them, though. I only chose you three for letters," he said as he gestured towards Halaza, Kel, and Tarmikos, "because you seemed most interested in finding Cruorin. I have no issue with the others."

He thinks a moment after this, remaining in silence and thought, before speaking, "As to dealing with the thieves and hitmen from earlier, I believe I shall get a head-start on locating the others. Between all of you, I doubt those hitmen have a chance."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post

Turning to Algirth, Imaran raises his eyebrows. Finding the hideout of these thieves would help us locate Cruorin. And take some revenge on these scum along the way. If Algirth seems interested, Imaran steps forward, his cloak swirling. We would be interested in accompanying you to eliminate the threat to this fair city. Indeed, Tarmikos and Jorah here might be interested as well, seeing as it would probably advance their own search as well.
    Indeed it does. I'm prepared as best I can for the moment, only expending a small portion of my powers.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Kel interjects, I may be able to find their scent, both Silvan and I are quite skilled trackers. Lets see if we can pick up on their scent. Also, Tarkimios do you know if any were staying in this inn? It would be much easier if we had an object with their scent on it

Spoiler
    Show
    Also as a note for other characters, Kel is still in the shape of a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.