New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel interjects, I may be able to find their scent, both Silvan and I are quite skilled trackers. Lets see if we can pick up on their scent. Also, Tarkimios do you know if any were staying in this inn? It would be much easier if we had an object with their scent on it

Spoiler
    Show
    Also as a note for other characters, Kel is still in the shape of a troll.
    That would be of great assistance. Imaran nods reservedly to the troll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Imaran grew up in the Underdark. You think YOURE wierd? He didn't even bat an eyelash.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Hmmm... If clothing doesn't count, I can't really think of anything that they had that seemed out of place." Tarmikos speaks to Jorah, scratching the line of his hair. "I suppose the best thing we can do is simply use our senses to look for them while we work. Certainly nothing wrong with a little extra work, though."

He turns in Kel's direction, focused more on the floor about the being than on him directly. "I don't have anything on me but my own equipment, but I am pretty sure we all stayed here yesterday. You might still be able to smell them if you're lucky."

Tarmikos thinks for a bit, thumb pressed against his chin, his eyes closed. "The thieves may know something about my mission. But the hit men definitely know something relevant. They were specifically hired to look for me, if their word is even remotely believable. What could be gained for lying about that if not?"

He folds his arms in front of him. "Either way, both parties need to be dealt with. For the sake of the innocent that live here. But we need to move soon if we're going to get things done before leaving. I'll trust you, Halaza, and those that go with you, to take care of the imposters while I follow upon my lead. Hopefully I can catch the man I followed off guard. Otherwise... well, I've lived through worse." He laughed. "Try not to have too much fun without me. We should be able to meet back here once we're finished, and leave soon after that." His thoughts cleared Tarmikos prepares to leave. "Good luck!" he calls out as he walks away.

I suppose I should ask if anyone wants to aid me. But if I can't handle some low life criminals alone, then I'll never defeat my nemesis. Not to mention Master would be so ashamed. Losing to some two bit crooks... he shakes his head as he approaches the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered Kel to be in his troll form... although Komamura is still as scary as Ganon to someone not good with animals.

What do you think the chances are I'm going to need to roll a new character because of my suicidal tendencies? I'm pretty sure I just set myself up to get my butt kicked.

Qwerty still needs to respond with what time it is, including how long it's been. I messaged him. Hopefully he'll answer it tomorrow.

Reposting because it didn't update on my screen, and I hate it when it doesn't do that.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

I reconsider lighting my lantern as I recall that a rat is just a mammal, and their night vision isn't even half as good as mine.

"When I go in, shut the door behind me. We don't want any to escape."

I draw my greathammer and poke my head inside the cellar, assessing for layout, cover and potential threats.

Spoiler
    Show

What size is the room?
    What shape is the room?
    Can I see any rats?
    Is there any cover where rats may be lurking?
    Are there any other entrances, or holes that the rats could be getting in from?
    What material are the floors, walls and ceilings?
    Are there any light sources?

Initiative in case it's needed: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see 2 rats out in the open.

There is a hole in the wall big enough for them to run into.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    As he watches their flight, harsh laughter bubbles over Lyral's lips. His smile is wide, his teeth quite visible. Taking in the glorious sight before him, the hunter exalts quite openly, Osulu almost forgotten.
    "That's right! Run, run for your lives!" He nocks a second and third arrow to his bow, firing at one of the other fleeing bandits. He aims for the back, so that his comrades would know just how their friend had died - fleeing, a death befitting prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: [roll0]
    Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
    Damage 2: [roll3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both arrows hit. The second thief falls. Both are downed now.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Tarmikos comments after she finishes. "So, he’s one of the people plaguing this city’s security. Hmph." He acknowledges the dwarf. “I wouldn’t worry too much about him, Jorah. Digan here, being the captain of this town’s guard, might want a few words with the crook.” After a pause, he carry on. “These fake guards were there during the fight earlier. This guy, or anyone he works for, might be connected with the hit men we encountered soon afterwards." Tarmikos smiles a toothy sneer at the two soldiers, not fully sure which is the real guard and which is the imposter. "I got a good feeling we can get something useful out of them, at least before we go."
    Digan walks over to the one in the lighter armor. "You are not fit to wear this..." and pulls his guard outfit off, destroying it in the process.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your coin has been going for 3 hours now.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral waits for the other bandits to escape, making sure they are out of range before approaching the two fallen men. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down.
    "Osulu, make sure none of the others double back." He kneels in front of the bandits, examining them for signs of life. They seem to be unconscious. No matter, they would soon be awake. Lyral draws his dagger. First, he removes any footgear the men wear, tossing the articles aside. Next, he rolls up their pants. Finally, he draws the blade over the backs of their knees, severing three of the five tendons that he knows to be there. The cuts are clean, so as to not cause undue infection.
    There. This way, they will have a harder time of running should they come to.
    He watches with anticipation as the blood runs into the dirt, taking a moment to bask in the sight before tearing off scraps of their clothing to clean up the wounds. He wouldn't want them to bleed out, after all.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-29 at 10:40 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I spring into the room, slipping into a sure-footed stance that will put maximum power behind my blows. Positioning myself next to both rats, I execute precisely the Steel Wind manoeuvre, doing my best to smash both rats into the floor.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action: Initiate Punishing Stance. +d6 to damage.

Move action: Up to both rats.

Standard Action: Steel Wind Manoeuvre. Resolve separately two attacks against different foes.

vs Rat1:
    Attack: (1d20+11)[8](19) (rat has not acted and so is flat footed - AC12?)
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+15)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[14]+(1d6)[5]
    Total Damage: 19

vs Rat2:
    Attack: (1d20+11)[14](25) (rat has not acted and so is flat footed - AC12?)
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+15)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[13]+(1d6)[3]
    Total Damage: 16

Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-04-29 at 12:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyral waits for the other bandits to escape, making sure they are out of range before approaching the two fallen men. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down.
    "Osulu, make sure none of the others double back." He kneels in front of the bandits, examining them for signs of life. They seem to be unconscious. No matter, they would soon be awake. Lyral draws his dagger. First, he removes any footgear the men wear, tossing the articles aside. Next, he rolls up their pants. Finally, he draws the blade over the backs of their knees, severing three of the five tendons that he knows to be there. The cuts are clean, so as to not cause undue infection.
    There. This way, they will have a harder time of running should they come to.
    He watches with anticipation as the blood runs into the dirt, taking a moment to bask in the sight before tearing off scraps of their clothing to clean up the wounds. He wouldn't want them to bleed out, after all.
    Osulu says "Uh, I think I see some of them coming back. It looking like they brought friends."

Lia

I spring into the room, slipping into a sure-footed stance that will put maximum power behind my blows. Positioning myself next to both rats, I execute precisely the Steel Wind manoeuvre, doing my best to smash both rats into the floor.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action: Initiate Punishing Stance. +d6 to damage.

Move action: Up to both rats.

Standard Action: Steel Wind Manoeuvre. Resolve separately two attacks against different foes.

vs Rat1:
    Attack: [roll0] (rat has not acted and so is flat footed - AC12?)
    Critical Confirmation: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]
    Total Damage: 19

vs Rat2:
    Attack: [roll4] (rat has not acted and so is flat footed - AC12?)
    Critical Confirmation: [roll5]
    Damage: [roll6]+[roll7]
    Total Damage: 16

And that's 2 very dead rats. The hole in the wall is 20 ft to your left.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I shoulder my hammer and examine the hole in the wall.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I shoulder my hammer and examine the hole in the wall.
    It is very dark, but you can see that there is something in there.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I poke it with the haft of my hammer.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I poke it with the haft of my hammer.
    It doesn't move. You hear movement from elsewhere in the wall.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Getting up from his grisly task, Lyral examines the group as they approach. His dagger is swiftly put back in its sheath. His knees are bent, his back straight, his feet planted shoulder-width apart. Slowly and inexorably, his hands clench into fists. He would be ready for any more participants.
    After all, violence is a gift none can reject.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-05-01 at 08:02 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I attempt to retrieve the object, and if that goes ok I'll press my ear against the wall in an attempt to discern the sounds.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Getting up from his grisly task, Lyral examines the group as they approach. His dagger is swiftly put back in its sheath. His knees are bent, his back straight, his feet planted shoulder-width apart. Slowly and inexorably, his hands clench into fists. He would be ready for any more participants.
    After all, violence is a gift none can reject.
    You see about 15 men approaching. A couple of them have bows, but not ready to fire.

Lia

I attempt to retrieve the object, and if that goes ok I'll press my ear against the wall in an attempt to discern the sounds.
    As you reach in to grab the object, you hear the noise approach. (Can I get a Reflex save please?)

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I flinch back away from the approaching sounds!

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+9)[27]

15. - Top - End - #585
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"Hmmm... If clothing doesn't count, I can't really think of anything that they had that seemed out of place." Tarmikos speaks to Jorah, scratching the line of his hair. "I suppose the best thing we can do is simply use our senses to look for them while we work. Certainly nothing wrong with a little extra work, though."

He turns in Kel's direction, focused more on the floor about the being than on him directly. "I don't have anything on me but my own equipment, but I am pretty sure we all stayed here yesterday. You might still be able to smell them if you're lucky."

Tarmikos thinks for a bit, thumb pressed against his chin, his eyes closed. "The thieves may know something about my mission. But the hit men definitely know something relevant. They were specifically hired to look for me, if their word is even remotely believable. What could be gained for lying about that if not?"

He folds his arms in front of him. "Either way, both parties need to be dealt with. For the sake of the innocent that live here. But we need to move soon if we're going to get things done before leaving. I'll trust you, Halaza, and those that go with you, to take care of the imposters while I follow upon my lead. Hopefully I can catch the man I followed off guard. Otherwise... well, I've lived through worse." He laughed. "Try not to have too much fun without me. We should be able to meet back here once we're finished, and leave soon after that." His thoughts cleared Tarmikos prepares to leave. "Good luck!" he calls out as he walks away.

I suppose I should ask if anyone wants to aid me. But if I can't handle some low life criminals alone, then I'll never defeat my nemesis. Not to mention Master would be so ashamed. Losing to some two bit crooks... he shakes his head as he approaches the door.
    "Take care, Tarmikos. You do not know their numbers, nor their power. Go with a blessing." As he speaks, Jorah calls forth divine power, sanctifying those around him and granting them power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Bless. Lasts for 7 minutes.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Kel nods to Tarkimos, Good luck to you as well

Kel speaks up to the rest of the group at the inn, Okay then, I believe I shall round up any missing of the missing party members and bring them back here. If anyone wishes to accompany me they are free to do so. I wish the rest of you the luck in your endeavors. I shall return here at around the beginning of nightfall. with that Kel moves towards the whoever looks like they are a part of the management of this inn.

Hello, I need to find an associate named Lia who apparently stayed her last night. In order to find her though in this city I need something for Silvan Kel motions to Silvan To track with. Would I be able to enter her room and grab something with her scent so I could track her? It doesn't need to be that important. A quill or something she used would suffice. I would gladly pay a down payment on the object to secure that I won't run off with it.

Diplomacy Check:
    (1d20+21)[23]
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-05-01 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Lia

I flinch back away from the approaching sounds!

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That will do.

As you pull your hand out, another object comes into view. This one appears to be living.

Hello, I need to find an associate named Lia who apparently stayed her last night. In order to find her though in this city I need something for Silvan Kel motions to Silvan To track with. Would I be able to enter her room and grab something with her scent so I could track her? It doesn't need to be that important. A quill or something she used would suffice. I would gladly pay a down payment on the object to secure that I won't run off with it.

Diplomacy Check:
    (1d20+21)[23]
    "Very well." He shows you to her room, and unlocks it.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Halaza gives the Dwarf a scornful look as he so aggressively removes the scoundrels armour...
    He many be a liar but he shall repent for that...

Taking the mans arm she attempts to calm him with her aura of courage and beguins to make her way out of the Tavern. As she leaves she turns back to the others.

I shall be back shortly, do not wait up...

And then steps out of the door.

Climb up...
    "What? Thats your... Unicorn..."
    She can take us both...
    "Im coming?"
    Your going to show me the way.

Halaza jumps upon Jesskya and then puts her hand down, helping the guard onto her back sat infront of Halaza.

Ok tell her where to go...
    *He reaches for the reigns*
    No just tell her

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone else wishes to come and follows us out we will go on foot, if not then we head to the den of theives on horseback..
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-05-02 at 11:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post

"Very well." He shows you to her room, and unlocks it.
    Kel looks around inside the room and attempts to find anything with her scent on it. Taking 10 on the search or survival check (not sure which one applies) 12 for search 28 for survival.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I ready an attack if it turns out to be hostile, and wait for it to reveal itself.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith watches as Kel goes into the room with Silvan then looks at Imaran

I don't have anything you can help out. Do you?

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Algrith watches as Kel goes into the room with Silvan then looks at Imaran

I don't have anything you can help out. Do you?
    I'm afraid not. My powers are rather limited in scope. My apologies. Says Imaran.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Don't worry about what might make it easier. Just do the best you can." Tarmikos smiles at Algrith and Imaran. After nodding at Jorah, he then dashes outside. Facing the direction that the group came from earlier, he raises his fist into the air. "Speed Up!" he calls out, as his body once again flashes with energy. Tarmikos then takes off, running at full speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Expeditious Retreat.

I assume it wouldn't be an issue to take 10 on checks right now?

13 for Spot to notice anything while traveling, especially an ally or anything unusual.

17 for Listen for the same reasons.

17 for Search if it might help, along with ensuring I get to my destination.

13 for Survival for similar reasons to Search.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-03 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Notes.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith nods to Tarmikos as the rushes off in a blaze of speed.
    Impressive. I wouldn't have guessed him as a user of arcane.

Looking back at Kel and Imaran he asks

What do you suggest for our next move?

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps we would be of more assistance to Halaza. Imaran comments. I believe you expressed an interest in finding and reuniting the others at this inn? I can't help you with that, sadly, but I can at least ensure that this one returns. Imaran says with the slightest hint of humor, nodding his head towards the retreating back of Halaza.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Halaza gives the Dwarf a scornful look as he so aggressively removes the scoundrels armour...

Taking the mans arm she attempts to calm him with her aura of courage and beguins to make her way out of the Tavern. As she leaves she turns back to the others.

Climb up...
    She can take us both...
    "Im coming?"

Halaza jumps upon Jesskya and then puts her hand down, helping the guard onto her back sat infront of Halaza.

No just tell her

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone else wishes to come and follows us out we will go on foot, if not then we head to the den of theives on horseback..
    Tells her how to get there.

Kel looks around inside the room and attempts to find anything with her scent on it. Taking 10 on the search or survival check (not sure which one applies) 12 for search 28 for survival.
    You find that the sheets will work for this.

Lia

I ready an attack if it turns out to be hostile, and wait for it to reveal itself.
    Another rat comes out of the hole.

"Don't worry about what might make it easier. Just do the best you can." Tarmikos smiles at Algrith and Imaran. After nodding at Jorah, he then dashes outside. Facing the direction that the group came from earlier, he raises his fist into the air. "Speed Up!" he calls out, as his body once again flashes with energy. Tarmikos then takes off, running at full speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Expeditious Retreat.

I assume it wouldn't be an issue to take 10 on checks right now?

13 for Spot to notice anything while traveling, especially an ally or anything unusual.

17 for Listen for the same reasons.

17 for Search if it might help, along with ensuring I get to my destination.

13 for Survival for similar reasons to Search.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which way are you going exactly? I couldn't quite figure that out.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    You find that the sheets will work for this.
    Kel nods graciously to the man who led him here. These sheets will be enough for me to find her. Thank you I shall return with her and the sheets later tonight.

Kel takes 10 on the survival track check to find Lia with Silvan aiding the check to bring the total to an even 30 on the check.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now I am a large troll with a great sword sniffing bed sheets as I search a town looking for a women. If I wasn't a saint people could totally get the wrong idea from this.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post

Climb up...
    She can take us both...
    "Im coming?"

No just tell her

Spoiler
    Show
    Imaran turns to follow Halaza, seeing the others leaving via magical means. One of these day's i'll need to make myself a flying carpet He reflects grumpily. He pauses to look at Algirth and tilts his head towards Halaza. The others seem to be leaving. We should hurry if we want to keep up.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Arlia

Another rat. This one will end up as dead as the others!

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+11)[2](13)
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage: (1d12+4)[14]+(1d6)[6]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-05-06 at 02:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Arlia

Or maybe not... I think, following up with a second strike.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(1d20+6)[5](11)
    Crit:(1d20+10)[22]
    Damage: (1d12+4)[15]+(1d6)[2]

...uh oh...
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2012-05-06 at 02:38 AM.