New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Lyral exhales slowly over the supine form of the halfling. Drawing his blade, he makes similar cuts on the back of his knees in order to prevent him from running. The cuts remain relatively shallow. He wouldn't want his captive dying on him, after all.
    "Excuse me, Osulu! Do you have any method of binding or healing him?"
    "Uh, yeah, I think so..." He pulls another wand out of his bag, along with some rope. He tosses you the rope. "I assume you know how to tie people up."

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Lia

"No, I don't have anything like that. I guess we should head back then."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for holding you up!
    Kel nods Ah understood then. Well let us be back to the inn. If she stayed in the inn as well than I can find something there to track her and bring her back. With that Kel starts heading towards the inn.

If he returns without incident Kel will look into Zerhka's room and repeat the same process as before. Taking 10 on the Search check to find something to track her and than taking 10 on the track check with Silvan aiding another me on the track check to find Zerhka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral nods in response, taking the span wordlessly. The elf had come prepared: better than Lyral had, in any case. He begins to tie the halfling up immediately, in order to complement the creature's lack of consciousness and cuts to the legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope: (1d20+3)[8]
    Can I take 20 on this, considering that the target is unconscious and Lyral can retry it?

After several failed attempts, he shakes his head in frustration. Lyral had never been very good with knots. He wasn't in the habit of leaving his prey alive, in any case.
    "Can you help me with this?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-05-25 at 10:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel nods Ah understood then. Well let us be back to the inn. If she stayed in the inn as well than I can find something there to track her and bring her back. With that Kel starts heading towards the inn.

If he returns without incident Kel will look into Zerhka's room and repeat the same process as before. Taking 10 on the Search check to find something to track her and than taking 10 on the track check with Silvan aiding another me on the track check to find Zerhka.
    You get there without incident. In fact, you find her without incident, unless she is trying to make herself hard to find.

Lyral nods in response, taking the span wordlessly. The elf had come prepared: better than Lyral had, in any case. He begins to tie the halfling up immediately, in order to complement the creature's lack of consciousness and cuts to the legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope: [roll0]
    Can I take 20 on this, considering that the target is unconscious and Lyral can retry it?

After several failed attempts, he shakes his head in frustration. Lyral had never been very good with knots. He wasn't in the habit of leaving his prey alive, in any case.
    "Can you help me with this?"
    "Uh, sure... I can try..." After a failed attempt to help, he starts casting a spell. The rope itself starts helping.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another: 1
    He cast Animate Rope. You get a +2.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-26 at 07:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith, looking around at the others, takes a moment to cast a quick cantrip on himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting resistance

Force Shield - 69 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4198 rounds
    Resistance - 10 rounds

with that, he shrugs his shoulders, places his hands on where Tarmikos said the secret door was, and gives a firm push.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Algrith, looking around at the others, takes a moment to cast a quick cantrip on himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting resistance

Force Shield - 69 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4198 rounds
    Resistance - 10 rounds

with that, he shrugs his shoulders, places his hands on where Tarmikos said the secret door was, and gives a firm push.
    When you push that spot, the wall moves in and to the left, revealing a empty hallway beyond.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

As he has finished trussing up his captive, Lyral stands up slowly.
    That should serve, for now. He thanks his companion for the help, glancing around warily at their surroundings.
    "We've gotten sidetracked. We'll get to the ruins once I figure out what's going on." He adjusts his stance, allowing himself to keep an eye on the halfling and the wilderness around them. Lyral will wait until he wakes up. After all, what kind of hunter does not know patience?
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

That should serve, for now. He thanks his companion for the help, glancing around warily at their surroundings.
    "We've gotten sidetracked. We'll get to the ruins once I figure out what's going on." He adjusts his stance, allowing himself to keep an eye on the halfling and the wilderness around them. Lyral will wait until he wakes up. After all, what kind of hunter does not know patience?
    All seems quiet and calm once more.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post

As Kel enters the inn, Jorah looks up from the table he had been sitting at, seemingly shocked out of his thoughts. "Ah, Kel. I seem to have lost track of time. Lost in thought, I suppose. Has much progress been made with finding the rest of us? I apologize for not aiding you. Not sure quite what I was doing."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    As Kel enters the inn, Jorah looks up from the table he had been sitting at, seemingly shocked out of his thoughts. "Ah, Kel. I seem to have lost track of time. Lost in thought, I suppose. Has much progress been made with finding the rest of us? I apologize for not aiding you. Not sure quite what I was doing."
    Ah well I found Lia, I just need to go up to Zerhka's room and find something of hers so I can track her down. Shouldn't take long but you are free to come. Have you heard of anything from Hazala or the others?

Then Kel proceeds to do what he was originally going to do with Jorah following along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos watches the blockade disappear into the wall with a mixed look on his face. While such things would normally interest him merely out of fascination, now is not the time to be distracted. "Alright. Let's go." he whispers, not even bothering to turn back. He immediately advances into the passage, quietly and swiftly, his blade and shield drawn, and his senses sharp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless you demand I roll, I'm taking 10 on Move Silently, Spot, and Listen, for a 13, 13, and *17, I did a bit of mess up on the math* respectively.

Move Silently: (1d20+3)[14]

Spot: (1d20+3)[7]

Listen: (1d20+7)[10]

Jesus, a 4 and 3 on perception... I'm most definitely not the party scout.... at least an 11 on the Move Silently means I'm not hurting anything right now.

Unless you've ruled that the buff spells from the Inn have already worn out (and considering a base speed of 70 ft. per round, it shouldn't have been more than a minute of running and a minute of talking once there), I should be able to go at 35 ft. and not take a penalty to my Move Silently.

I'd add Search to the skills being worked out right now, but that takes a Full Round Action for 5 Feet of Space Searched, so it's not something that can really be done while trying to moving quickly.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-28 at 08:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran watches, one eyebrow up. Handy door. He mutters, before following Tarmikos
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont believe you can take 10
    Spot (1d20-1)[13]
    Listen (1d20-1)[18]
    MS (1d20+1)[13]
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Imaran watches, one eyebrow up. Handy door. He mutters, before following Tarmikos
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont believe you can take 10
    Spot [roll0]
    Listen [roll1]
    MS [roll2]

As you advance, you don't notice anything odd.

Spoiler
    Show
    INo, you will need to roll those.

EDIT:
    Neither of you spot anything odd. Uh, which one of you is in front?
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-28 at 09:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

As Tarmikos and Imaran enter, pauses for a moment as he pulls out a bit of fleece from his pouch. Incanting quickly, an image of the false guard in Digan's custody appears. With that, he marches him forward as he quickly looks around.

Spoiler
    Show

Silent image of the prisoner.
    Spot
    (1d20-7)[15](8)
    Listen
    (1d20-7)[5](-2)
    Hide
    (1d20+2)[19](21)
    Move Silently
    (1d20+2)[20](22)

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, the floor gives way below Tarmikos!

Spoiler
    Show
    You just fell 60 ft for (6d6)[20] fall damage.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

As Tarmikos walks, he doesn't notice whether or not he merely walked into a pit, or if he triggered a trap in the hallway. His mind barely registers when he begins to fall, though this faint reflex is enough for his body to prepare. As he falls, his being glows with a faint yellow aura of energy, and the air around him collects about him, arresting his fall. Tarmikos lands on both feet, no worse for the wear. "Everything okay up there?" he lightly calls out, while reaching into his bag for equipment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay for Feather Fall! No Damage for me. I wonder how big the pit is, for the sake of getting out. As well as what the walls were made out of.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    As Tarmikos walks, he doesn't notice whether or not he merely walked into a pit, or if he triggered a trap in the hallway. His mind barely registers when he begins to fall, though this faint reflex is enough for his body to prepare. As he falls, his being glows with a faint yellow aura of energy, and the air around him collects about him, arresting his fall. Tarmikos lands on both feet, no worse for the wear. "Everything okay up there?" he lightly calls out, while reaching into his bag for equipment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay for Feather Fall! No Damage for me. I wonder how big the pit is, for the sake of getting out. As well as what the walls were made out of.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pit is about 5 ft by 5 ft. The walls are made of stone.

Osulu walks over, and asks "You want him brought back to?" While waiting for an answer, he fishes around in his bag.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith stands above the hole looking down at Tarmikos. He nods in agreement, hoping he is seen, as he continues to concentrate on the image, as it moves forwards down the hallway.

Spoiler
    Show

Force Shield - 67 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4196 rounds
    Resistance - 8 rounds

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

"That would be great, thanks." Lyral's arms remain at his sides.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

"That would be great, thanks." Lyral's arms remain at his sides.
    "Alright." He pulls a wand out of his bag, and uses it on the bound halfling, trying to bring him to.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eternal wand of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1)[3]

"Huh, that should have worked. You must have done quite a number on him."
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-30 at 10:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran stands, waiting for the issue to be resolved.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

While trying to maintain his concentration, walks to the edge of the hole and extends a hand down, hoping Tarmikos can grab it, a bit of nonplussed look on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

Force Shield - 68 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4195rounds
    Resistance - 7 rounds

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

At the lack of reaction from the would-be assassin, Lyral stifles yet another sigh. In order for the two of them to coerce information and deal with the bandits, they needed this to work. Lyral finds his hands at the hilt of his skinning knife - anxiety brought out a man's habits.
    "Can you keep trying?" He moves to look around, making sure that no one else is sneaking up on them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+14)[18]
    Spot: (1d20+16)[29]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-06-04 at 03:55 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

At the lack of reaction from the would-be assassin, Lyral stifles yet another sigh. In order for the two of them to coerce information and deal with the bandits, they needed this to work. Lyral finds his hands at the hilt of his skinning knife - anxiety brought out a man's habits.
    "Can you keep trying?" He moves to look around, making sure that no one else is sneaking up on them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: [roll0]
    Spot: [roll1]
    "Sorry, I only have the one of these. I used it before, and I can only use it twice per day."

Spoiler
    Show
    You hear nothing.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing his ally's outstretched hand, Tarmikos decides to forgo launching a pointed object upward. Gathering a pair of gloves and boots designed for extra traction, it takes him only a moment to apply them. "Hey. Catch this." Tarmikos calls again, waving a tightly wound rope around. After a moment, he throws it up to Algrith.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure who needs to make what roll for this...

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure who needs to make what roll for this...
    Spoiler
    Show
    None needed. It would bog things down too much.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran grabs on to the rope as well, ready to help pull his new (and rather foolish) friend up.
    "Perhaps next time you should take it a bit more slowly", he calls down dryly (though trying to keep his voice down).
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Imaran grabs on to the rope as well, ready to help pull his new (and rather foolish) friend up.
    "Perhaps next time you should take it a bit more slowly", he calls down dryly (though trying to keep his voice down).
    OK, he's back out of the hole now.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

After climbing up to the top of the pit, Tarmikos puts away his equipment. "Thanks for the help. Sorry for the diversion. I've never been good at dealing with traps."

Tarmikos faces the hole in the ground, and begins to walk backwards. "I'm not the type to do things slow, either." he remarks, before sprinting forward and jumping over the pit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jump: (1d20+24)[42]

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Tarmikos easily jump the pit, Algrith is inspired and backs up a few steps and begins to run towards the pit.
    Quickly he does a calculation in his head and stops short, realizing he probably wouldn't make the jump, even over such a short distance. The a sour look appears on his face as he realizes that he let go of his concentration of his spell. As his face grows red, he then lets out a sigh and, incanting while drawing a sigil, in the air, he takes another step back and blurs forward as he jumps.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Expeditious Retreat and jumping with a +12

(1d20+11)[5](16)

Force Shield - 67 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4194 rounds
    Resistance - 6 rounds
    Expeditious Retreat - 41 rounds