New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Ah well I found Lia, I just need to go up to Zerhka's room and find something of hers so I can track her down. Shouldn't take long but you are free to come. Have you heard of anything from Hazala or the others?

Then Kel proceeds to do what he was originally going to do with Jorah following along.
    You find her rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Seeing Tarmikos easily jump the pit, Algrith is inspired and backs up a few steps and begins to run towards the pit.
    Quickly he does a calculation in his head and stops short, realizing he probably wouldn't make the jump, even over such a short distance. The a sour look appears on his face as he realizes that he let go of his concentration of his spell. As his face grows red, he then lets out a sigh and, incanting while drawing a sigil, in the air, he takes another step back and blurs forward as he jumps.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Expeditious Retreat and jumping with a +12

[roll0]

Force Shield - 67 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4194 rounds
    Resistance - 6 rounds
    Expeditious Retreat - 41 rounds

Halaza walks up, and, with a running start, jumps the gap as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on the jump check.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

"I've had enough of this." Lyral's jaw is set, his dark eyes clouded. He kneels beside the fallen humanoid, examining his wounds. From the pouch at his side, Lyral removes a small wooden box.
    I was hoping not to have to use this. Oh well. I suppose we will need to eat soon anyhow. Lyral opens the container, removing several casks of clean water, several loaves of bread, and some herbs and cheese. There is also a platter of fruit, to complement the otherwise lack of natural sugar. He hands one cup of water to Osulu, and makes it clear that he can eat his fill. Meanwhile, Lyral forces the halfling's mouth open, crushes up several of the herbs, and stuffs it down his throat.
    I shouldn't have to share my food with prey. As it is, there is a very slim chance that he will choke. Should that occur, I will put him out of his misery. We have other business to attend to, after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, Lyral is using his Field Provisions Box for the day. I don't know if this would qualify, but I am also rolling a Heal check. Oh look! One of my first natural 20s of the game.
    Heal: (1d20+4)[24]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-06-08 at 10:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    You find her rather quickly.
    Kel walks briskly with Silvan panting at his side as he approaches Zherka. Ah, hello. You might remember me from the Curmion incident. Tarkimos and the rest of that group are gathering everyone from that group and meeting at the tavern where you and several others stayed at last night. Please come with me there we have things to discuss, I believe you are the last one I need to bring there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "I've had enough of this." Lyral's jaw is set, his dark eyes clouded. He kneels beside the fallen humanoid, examining his wounds. From the pouch at his side, Lyral removes a small wooden box.
    I was hoping not to have to use this. Oh well. I suppose we will need to eat soon anyhow. Lyral opens the container, removing several casks of clean water, several loaves of bread, and some herbs and cheese. There is also a platter of fruit, to complement the otherwise lack of natural sugar. He hands one cup of water to Osulu, and makes it clear that he can eat his fill. Meanwhile, Lyral forces the halfling's mouth open, crushes up several of the herbs, and stuffs it down his throat.
    I shouldn't have to share my food with prey. As it is, there is a very slim chance that he will choke. Should that occur, I will put him out of his misery. We have other business to attend to, after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, Lyral is using his Field Provisions Box for the day. I don't know if this would qualify, but I am also rolling a Heal check. Oh look! One of my first natural 20s of the game.
    Heal: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You most likely passed that check, but what were you trying to do with it? He's already stable, at -2 HP.

Kel walks briskly with Silvan panting at his side as he approaches Zherka. Ah, hello. You might remember me from the Curmion incident. Tarkimos and the rest of that group are gathering everyone from that group and meeting at the tavern where you and several others stayed at last night. Please come with me there we have things to discuss, I believe you are the last one I need to bring there.
    She follows you.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-06-11 at 08:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Lia

I tag along with Kel as well.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith looks back at Imaran, wondering how, or even if, his friend is going to get across the gap.
    <It may be safer for him there> he thinks to himself.

With that, he nods to Tarmikos and Halaza to proceed down the hall.

Spoiler
    Show

Force Shield - 66 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4193 rounds
    Resistance - 5 rounds
    Expeditious Retreat - 40 rounds

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran looks at the gap for a moment. Jumping might not be the best idea... he thinks wryly. Reaching into the pouch at his side, he pulls out a sack. Reaching in, he pulls out, foot by foot, a ladder, which he manuveurs to place across the chasm. He then gingerly walks across
    Spoiler
    Show
    or crawls, if walking would provoke a check (Im too squishy to fall! )
    . Reaching the other side, he shoves the ladder back into place, then sees the others watching. I...forgot about the ladder. Sorry about that...
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, everyone who has tried to cross the gap has succeeded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, he's still down, but you can tell you are helping.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-06-11 at 08:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Colossus in the Playground

The half-orc looks the next person to approach her up and down with a skeptical look; would it be prudent of her to disappear as soon as his back was turned? "...fine." Zrekha grunts, deciding to follow the druid if it would lead to anything mildly profitable in this city.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Noticing the effect that the food is having on his patient, Lyral ensures that it is accompanied by a brief draught of water. He tilts the halfling slightly, so as to not drown him accidentally.
    "He may be coming to. Try to keep him steady." Lyral then proceeds to force feed the halfling just a bit more fruit, before standing back up and making sure that no dangers are close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+16)[30]
    Listen: (1d20+14)[23]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-06-12 at 03:58 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...shall we? Imaran says, heading towards the end of the hallway, though moving carefully.

Spoiler
    Show

Search (1d20+15)[21]
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith nods his agreement and proceeds to follow Imaran.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot
    (1d20-7)[19](12)
    Listen
    (1d20-7)[11](4)

Force Shield - 65 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4192 rounds
    Resistance - 4 rounds
    Expeditious Retreat - 39 rounds

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

The half-orc looks the next person to approach her up and down with a skeptical look; would it be prudent of her to disappear as soon as his back was turned? "...fine." Zrekha grunts, deciding to follow the druid if it would lead to anything mildly profitable in this city.
    Kel laughs to himself, Such enthusiasm! I don't believe anyone here is going to force you to accompany us. We saw you were competent and merely wished you to help us again. Please follow me and at least hear out the plan. Kel smiles and starts heading back towards the tavern.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-06-12 at 10:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

To the group in the secret base:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You reach a simple wooden door. You hear talking on the other side.

Noticing the effect that the food is having on his patient, Lyral ensures that it is accompanied by a brief draught of water. He tilts the halfling slightly, so as to not drown him accidentally.
    "He may be coming to. Try to keep him steady." Lyral then proceeds to force feed the halfling just a bit more fruit, before standing back up and making sure that no dangers are close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: [roll0]
    Listen: [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a rustling noise about 20 yards to the east.

Kel laughs to himself, Such enthusiasm! I don't believe anyone here is going to force you to accompany us. We saw you were competent and merely wished you to help us again. Please follow me and at least hear out the plan. Kel smiles and starts heading back towards the tavern.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get back there easily.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos draw his blade, and walks toward the door, knees bent and nerves as cold as metal. He attempts to listen through the door, seeing if he can recognise the voices he heard with his earlier magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+3)[8]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[13]

I GOT A 5! DID YOU HEAR ME!?! I SAID I GOT A 5!

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral chuckles loudly enough for the being in the bushes to hear him. As he does so, he steels himself for more bloodshed.
    "I can hear you." His musical voice is composed. It belies his stance: knees bent, back straight, fists curled. He takes a few steps towards the bushes, to within 10 feet. He is more than willing for his target to make the final mistake of attacking him.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-06-14 at 11:12 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith walks creeps forward to the hidden door, trying to be as silent as his meager skills will allow him.
    As he reaches the door behind Tarmikos, he looks back to see Imaran following.
    Nodding to Tarmikos, making a small hand motion to let him know his is ready, he prepares for the door to open.

Spoiler
    Show

Readied Action~
    Preparing to 'cast' (what is the proper term for a power?) Psionic Grease on the first person on the other side of the door who takes a hostile action vs. us.

Force Shield - 64 rounds
    Inertial Armor - 4191 rounds
    Resistance - 3 rounds
    Expeditious Retreat - 38 rounds

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran is indeed following (in fact, he was leading, searching for traps). As he reaches the door he steps back a little to let the obviously more physically competent Tarmikos take the lead. He readies himself to face whatever is on the other side of the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

Readied action to cast stinking cloud if hostile action is noticed.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Tarmikos draw his blade, and walks toward the door, knees bent and nerves as cold as metal. He attempts to listen through the door, seeing if he can recognise the voices he heard with his earlier magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+3)[8]
    Listen: (1d20+7)[13]

I GOT A 5! DID YOU HEAR ME!?! I SAID I GOT A 5!
    It doesn't sound like them. Luckily, they don't seem to have heard you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled a real die for their Listen, got a 1. /me is amused.

Lyral chuckles loudly enough for the being in the bushes to hear him. As he does so, he steels himself for more bloodshed.
    "I can hear you." His musical voice is composed. It belies his stance: knees bent, back straight, fists curled. He takes a few steps towards the bushes, to within 10 feet. He is more than willing for his target to make the final mistake of attacking him.
    You hear no response, but the bush has now gone quiet.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

"Please don't make this hard. You are going to die." In his heart, Lyral knows that the survival instincts are taking over, and there is very little chance in coercing his prey out into the open. It is worth a shot, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20-1)[9]
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-06-16 at 05:24 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

"Please don't make this hard. You are going to die." In his heart, Lyral knows that the survival instincts are taking over, and there is very little chance in coercing his prey out into the open. It is worth a shot, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: [roll0]
    There is no reaction.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Confused that none of the voices that he hears are familiar to him, through his visions or his memory, Tarmikos looks back at his allies.

"I'm going to try to take a look through the door. If something goes wrong, move immediately on my mark, and fight as you do best. Careful, though." he breathes, watching their motions before returning his focus ahead.

Tarmikos attempts to scan for any way to look through the door without revealing himself, only opening the door as silently as possible if no other opportunity presents itself.

I can't stand this sneaking around. he thinks to himself. Never was very good at this in my last group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still a bit curious as to where that Silent Image went to.

Tried to account for both of the actions that were made before.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Confused that none of the voices that he hears are familiar to him, through his visions or his memory, Tarmikos looks back at his allies.

"I'm going to try to take a look through the door. If something goes wrong, move immediately on my mark, and fight as you do best. Careful, though." he breathes, watching their motions before returning his focus ahead.

Tarmikos attempts to scan for any way to look through the door without revealing himself, only opening the door as silently as possible if no other opportunity presents itself.

I can't stand this sneaking around. he thinks to himself. Never was very good at this in my last group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still a bit curious as to where that Silent Image went to.

Tried to account for both of the actions that were made before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opening it is the only way.

Peeking through the door, you see two men in leather armor. They are facing away from you.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Kel arrives at the inn with his companions. He enters the main hall and meets up with Jorah and the others. He turns to Jorah and says, Okay, so I believe I have rounded up everyone. Now we just have to wait for those who followed Tarkimos to arrive back her and we can discuss plans. Jorah will you explain to our new arrivals everything you learned from your divinations?

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I could have sworn there were more of them. he thought. I wonder how much further we'll have to go inside...

"I'm going in, guys. Keep an eye out behind you, and cover me if it gets bad." he speaks, before swiftly moving past the door, shutting it behind him hopefully enough to keep from revealing his allies.

Tarmikos quickly closes the gap between himself and the two men before him, blade drawn. "Don't run, and don't fight. Make it easy on yourselves." he speaks. "I'm working with the authorities. It would be wise to cooperate and not make things worse."

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if Intimidate or Diplomacy would be more appropriate here. I'll roll anything I need to. First a 5, then a 2.... I should start testing rolls before I go with the first accepted result. (1d20+19)[21]

In basic terms, move action to approach, with another to keep the door shutish. Hopefully they won't be seen, but can still see if attention is focused on me. Free action to speak. A couple of times.

Should be about right.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-21 at 09:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

I could have sworn there were more of them. he thought. I wonder how much further we'll have to go inside...

"I'm going in, guys. Keep an eye out behind you, and cover me if it gets bad." he speaks, before swiftly moving past the door, shutting it behind him hopefully enough to keep from revealing his allies.

Tarmikos quickly closes the gap between himself and the two men before him, blade drawn. "Don't run, and don't fight. Make it easy on yourselves." he speaks. "I'm working with the authorities. It would be wise to cooperate and not make things worse."

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if Intimidate or Diplomacy would be more appropriate here. I'll roll anything I need to. First a 5, then a 2.... I should start testing rolls before I go with the first accepted result. (1d20+19)[21]

In basic terms, move action to approach, with another to keep the door shutish. Hopefully they won't be seen, but can still see if attention is focused on me. Free action to speak. A couple of times.

Should be about right.
    One of them turns and says "And who are you?"
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-06-25 at 11:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    One of them turns and says "And who are you?"
    Well isn't this troubling. Tarmikos muses to himself. Men from here claimed to have been tasked with finding me... to have been aiding that murderer... he grinds his teeth for a moment. Shouldn't even the grunts of the group be on guard against someone with my appearance?

With a scoff, Tarmikos responds, blade still drawn and ready to turn on which ever man chooses to make a movement. "Tarmikos Silverkin, if that might ring any bells. Don't concern yourself too much over it otherwise; not struggling is far more important a use of your faculties. Will you comply?"

While speaking, Tarmikos takes the time to size up both of these two thugs, while keeping his own senses as alert as possible. Hopefully I haven't gotten into too much trouble here...

Spoiler
    Show
    Relevant Rolls: Let’s see...

Diplomacy to keep the conversation peaceful (not sure if needed):(1d20+19)[28]

Sense Motive (both to see if they might be lying or not, and to see if I'm stronger or weaker than them): (1d20+5)[19]

Spot Check (because Spot is important): (1d20+3)[22]

Listen Check (like wise): (1d20+7)[26]

I think that covers everything....

In other news, I hope the Perform Check I get the feeling I'm going to be making soon goes well...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-25 at 05:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Well isn't this troubling. Tarmikos muses to himself. Men from here claimed to have been tasked with finding me... to have been aiding that murderer... he grinds his teeth for a moment. Shouldn't even the grunts of the group be on guard against someone with my appearance?

With a scoff, Tarmikos responds, blade still drawn and ready to turn on which ever man chooses to make a movement. "Tarmikos Silverkin, if that might ring any bells. Don't concern yourself too much over it otherwise; not struggling is far more important a use of your faculties. Will you comply?"

While speaking, Tarmikos takes the time to size up both of these two thugs, while keeping his own senses as alert as possible. Hopefully I haven't gotten into too much trouble here...

Spoiler
    Show
    Relevant Rolls: Let’s see...

Diplomacy to keep the conversation peaceful (not sure if needed):(1d20+19)[28]

Sense Motive (both to see if they might be lying or not, and to see if I'm stronger or weaker than them): (1d20+5)[19]

Spot Check (because Spot is important): (1d20+3)[22]

Listen Check (like wise): (1d20+7)[26]

I think that covers everything....

In other news, I hope the Perform Check I get the feeling I'm going to be making soon goes well...
    "Silverkin?" He turns to face his friend. "Didn't that other guy introduce himself like that?" His friend responds "Yeah..." "Uh... We're out." They move to try to leave via the door you came in.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. I think you will stay. And answer a few questions." Says Imaran, his eyes uncharacteristically hard.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith, realizing he isn't very intimidating, just stands there, hands at the ready, as he shakes his head back and forth.