New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

"Let's go then." Ensuring that the elf stays near, Lyral proceeds towards the darkness, looking for a passage or tunnel. His gait is slow, still wary.
    Odd. A tower? But this place is underground... More than a little strange. Why is he seeking this place out now?
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    "Let's go then." Ensuring that the elf stays near, Lyral proceeds towards the darkness, looking for a passage or tunnel. His gait is slow, still wary.
    Odd. A tower? But this place is underground... More than a little strange. Why is he seeking this place out now?
    You see a open path to your left, and a closed door forward.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

As they reach the crossroads, Lyral stops, hesitant. It doesn't really matter to him what direction they go, but professionalism demanded him to at least pretend.
    "I'm thinking left. You?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-08-04 at 07:19 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

As they reach the crossroads, Lyral stops, hesitant. It doesn't really matter to him what direction they go, but professionalism demanded him to at least pretend.
    "I'm thinking left. You?"
    "That works."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    "Very well... Wait, do you think you could help us find him?"
    Kel thinks about this for a moment, I won't pry into your groups inner workings but I don't think it would be wise for you to go looking for him. Right now he is a wanted criminal for several heinous crimes. If you went to him to get your payment many victims of his crimes would probably attempt to try you as associates. It may be simply better to find a better more reliable contract to follow. If you ignore that warning though we are still going to pursue your previous employer. I do not speak for the rest of the group but I am sure you could help.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-08-05 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel thinks about this for a moment, I won't pry into your groups inner workings but I don't think it would be wise for you to go looking for him. Right now he is a wanted criminal for several heinous crimes. If you went to him to get your payment many victims of his crimes would probably attempt to try you as associates. It may be simply better to find a better more reliable contract to follow. If you ignore that warning though we are still going to pursue your previous employer. I do not speak for the rest of the group but I am sure you could help.
    "You make a good point." They disperse.

To the group in the hideout:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a large number of people coming down the hallway. you estimate that you have about 12 seconds until they get to your location.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Imaran, hearing the footsteps over the growling of the dog, turns to move behind the doorway in an attempt to get some partial cover from the possible agressors, while casting a simple spell, summoning the (admittedly) rather simple skeleton of a human. Now was no time for his companion's finicky sensibilities. He quickly ordered the skeleton (in an undertone) to move in front of him and his friends and waved them back behind the protection. Then he prepared himself to cast another spell.
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting summon undead 1, ordering it to ready an action to attack whoever approaches. Readying an action to cast stinking cloud with an attached necrotic cyst (spending one turn attempt) should the new arrivals take hostile action.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral heads left, staying just in front of Osulu. He wouldn't want to get lost, after all.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyral heads left, staying just in front of Osulu. He wouldn't want to get lost, after all.
    As you advance, you catch glimpses of the black scaled creatures, just before they flee back into the darkness.

You can tell you have entered a relatively large room. 3 of the creatures hide in the darkness.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-08-06 at 03:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Kel walks back into the Inn, Okay guys those were the followers of Cruorin. I managed to convince them to leave peacefully and stop associating with Cruorin. They can't help us locate him though. Oh and also they mentioned that Cruorin was looking for a blade of some sort though they didn't know specifics. I think we should ask Tarkimos once he gets back.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-08-10 at 02:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Colossus in the Playground

Zrekha slowly turns her head to look at Kel, eyes slowly focusing on him as she raises an eyebrow. "Who is Curmion?" She, of course, hadn't been around for much of the chasing of these running-away people.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Imaran, hearing the footsteps over the growling of the dog, turns to move behind the doorway in an attempt to get some partial cover from the possible agressors, while casting a simple spell, summoning the (admittedly) rather simple skeleton of a human. Now was no time for his companion's finicky sensibilities. He quickly ordered the skeleton (in an undertone) to move in front of him and his friends and waved them back behind the protection. Then he prepared himself to cast another spell.
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting summon undead 1, ordering it to ready an action to attack whoever approaches. Readying an action to cast stinking cloud with an attached necrotic cyst (spending one turn attempt) should the new arrivals take hostile action.
    The remaining dog moves up to the skeleton. The skeleton attacks, dealing a strong hit. The dog is slain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex for Grease: (1d20+5)[25]
    Assuming that passed, I'll roll the attack rolls in the dice thread.
    Those approaching are about 6 seconds out.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-08-11 at 08:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

The skeleton resets itself into a ready posture, its blade still dripping the blood of the unfortunate canine. Imaran tenses himself, prepared to cast his spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Resetting the skeletons ready, holding on Imaran's ready
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

As he glimpses the creatures, Lyral finds himself chuckling softly. Either they were laying some sort of trap, or simply fleeing. The end result would be the same. He motions for the elf to cover the entrance behind them, moving closer to the center of the chamber. Even as he feels the bloodlust on the rise again, there is still a sense of curiosity awake within him. What were these creatures?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

As he glimpses the creatures, Lyral finds himself chuckling softly. Either they were laying some sort of trap, or simply fleeing. The end result would be the same. He motions for the elf to cover the entrance behind them, moving closer to the center of the chamber. Even as he feels the bloodlust on the rise again, there is still a sense of curiosity awake within him. What were these creatures?
    You detect a box in the corner of the room. There are two ways out of this room, one of them being the way you came in.

Spoiler
    Show
    As to your question, Knowledge (Arcana) check please.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith stands there, looking saddened by the deaths of the dogs, even if it was obvious that they were not cute puppies.
    Dismissing the grease, he looks at his companions, oblivious to what Imaran heard.
    "Which way do we go now, gentlemen?"

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

After righting himself, Tarmikos makes his way to Algrith, and places his blade on Algrith's shoulder. Pressing a button on the base of the weapon causes a faint glow of light to seep from the hilt. "It depends." Tarmikos responds while healing Algrith. "Should we be polite and see to our new friends, or should we try to keep going?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Wand Chambers; don't leave home without 'em.

You just took 17 damage, so I felt like fixing that a bit, even if it's only 4 points...

Did you find another way to heal it some how, though? I don't see where you did if you did, and the damage isn't recorded on your sheet at all. Then again, neither is Imaran's hp....

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

The other door in this room opens. You see a halfling in leather armor. Behind him is a large number of individuals dressed the same. "There they are! Get them!"

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

If the halflings seem as unfriendly as they seem, they are hit in the face by a stinking cloud.

Spoiler
    Show

Fort save dc 18, two per halfling. Failure on the first one applies a -4 to AC, attack rolls, and saves (including the second save). Failure on the second applies the nauseated condition.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith, seeing the squad of halflings about to descend upon him, thinks about what Tarmikos did and realized he is more hurt than he thought.
    Summoning his inner will to revitalize himself, he thinks to his construct to move into a protective position.
    Spoiler
    Show

Algrith

AC ~12; Current ~ 23
    HP ~ 23; Current ~ 10

Free action
    Direct astral construct into a defensive position
    (assuming 5 rounds out of 7 left)

Move action
    none

Standard action
    Use Body Adjustment 3 points for 2d12 healing(just to make sure)
    (2d12)[10][9](19)

Effects~
    Force Shield - 50 rounds / +4 shield bonus
    Inertial Armor - 4178 rounds / +7 armor bonus
    Expeditious Retreat - 25 rounds

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Zrekha slowly turns her head to look at Kel, eyes slowly focusing on him as she raises an eyebrow. "Who is Curmion?" She, of course, hadn't been around for much of the chasing of these running-away people.
    Ah, he was a criminal who Tarkimos, the one with silver hair, has had a bad past with. He ended up appearing in the town square and attacked several people including myself. We managed to get him to flee though with a mage. The people outside were his followers who he was paying to work for him. It seems he no longer has their services though

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"This is not what I planned for!" Tarmikos remarks, hearing and seeing what must be the bulk of the criminal's fighting force moving before them. "Fall back. We gotta get out of here, now!" Tarmikos calls, as he stands infront of his allies, weapons once again at the ready.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-28 at 10:25 PM.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

As Tarmikos calls out, Algrith prepares himself.
    Whispering so only his two allies can hear "I've got a little something to help us out..."

Spoiler
    Show

Readying an action to cast Energy Wall at the first sign of hostility for the halflings

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

The group advances, and begins to attack. Algrith reacts, manifesting a wall of Electricity. You can hear them retreat slightly on the other side of the wall.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-08-29 at 06:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Now what? That killed perhaps 10 of them, but there are many more there.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

As Algrith continued concentrating to maintain the wall of electricity, he says to Imaran without looking at him
    "Well, you could pop something over on the other side to deal with them... of course, runni... I mean, a defensive withdrawl is still on the table."
    Imaran and Tarmikos can see the beginning of a devious smile appear on his face, his countenance at odds with his normally child-like expression.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Colossus in the Playground

Zrekha leans back in her chair about hearing, at least some of, the true story regarding why everybody had been rushing around before. "This city needs better guards." She states, with a finger lazily tracing patterns across the top of the table she sits at. "What are we waiting for?"

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Zrekha leans back in her chair about hearing, at least some of, the true story regarding why everybody had been rushing around before. "This city needs better guards." She states, with a finger lazily tracing patterns across the top of the table she sits at. "What are we waiting for?"
    Kel nods, I agree with you on that. When I went to put a man we arrested with the city guard they seemed incredibly understaffed and under-equipped. Thieves were taking uniforms and equipment right from their guardhouse and they couldn't stop them.

And we are currently waiting on Tarkimos and a group of adventurers that went with him to return. They should be back shortly I believe.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos shakes his head, his mind dwelling upon his previous adventures and his former comrades. "There's far more than I certainly expected. We need help if we're going to win this fight. And if we stay, we'll get trapped. Let's go, while we still have a choice." With that, he begins moving to the nearest exit.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith nods to Tarmikos, trying to maintain concentration on the wall while following as best he can.