New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXI: I'll Start My Own Team! With TF! And Janna!

Boots first, then DRing(s) sounds like an okay plan, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Nocturne and Leona going on sale. There goes my little stash of RP.

Boots first, then DRing(s) sounds like an okay plan, though.
    Generally, yeah. You do want the Rings, they're just a risky starting item.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Boots > Ring > Ring > Sorcs > Mejai's > Sheen - Deathcap is my preferred build.

Endgame is Boots, Mejai's, Deathcap, Lichbane, Void Staff, Hourglass.

Lichbane is not a trap and actually gives Lux competitive burst.

Lux has more than manageable lane matchups as long as you don't blink pick her into easy counters. Her massive range and strong poke actually gives her strong lanes against a variety of mids.

4. - Top - End - #1234

I dunno about Mejai's, buying a stacking item just feels wrong in most games. It feels hard to justify, because dying really hurts it, and I always feel like it's like putting a big neon sign over your head asking to be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    I dunno about Mejai's, buying a stacking item just feels wrong in most games. It feels hard to justify, because dying really hurts it, and I always feel like it's like putting a big neon sign over your head asking to be killed.
    I would agree, except that Lux has a combination of attributes that makes Mejai's a relatively safe and powerful option on her, assuming proper play. She has a variety of powerful escape mechanics (double snare, aoe slow) in addition to a shield. Her range in general, and her ult specifically, make it very easy for her to pick up kills and assists from a very safe distance.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I would agree, except that Lux has a combination of attributes that makes Mejai's a relatively safe and powerful option on her, assuming proper play. She has a variety of powerful escape mechanics (double snare, aoe slow) in addition to a shield. Her range in general, and her ult specifically, make it very easy for her to pick up kills and assists from a very safe distance.
    This times a hundred. Even if you get forced into playing a more supporty role; Mejai's is still incredibly effective on Lux.

---

So I bought Lulu; I'm really loving her so far, but I would like to hear any general thoughts on how to skill / rune / mastery / itemize her that have been around so far?

---

On being "the face of the community" while female
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    This times a hundred. Even if you get forced into playing a more supporty role; Mejai's is still incredibly effective on Lux.
    I dunno, I find she has difficulty maintaining the stacks into late game where she melts to almost everything if the front line is broken. Heroes with snowball items usually get focused down too. Personally I rather spend the same gold on a Fiendish Codex. I found it provides more consistency for a mid-game item.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    I sent in a support ticket about this and I feel very slightly responsible. Yay go not having to press the space bar like eight thousand times per match :D

So I bought Lulu; I'm really loving her so far, but I would like to hear any general thoughts on how to skill / rune / mastery / itemize her that have been around so far?
    From my like, two games, I like to focus Help, Pix! with secondary in Whimsy. Shurelya's + Locket with some form of mana/mana regen (like a chalice) into straight AP from there works nicely. Or at least it does if you get nicely fed.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

AS reds, tanky rest, 9/21/0, start boots, philo, rush Wit's. Not sure what the best skillup order is. Use Whimsy as a MS steroid to chase/escape, use E to nuke and stop people from using minions to block Pix's pewpew, use Q to harass/chase/escape. Be ridiculously hard to gank and get triple kills under turret with your ult. I also heard she can support botlane but I wouldn't know.

Edit: Wee! Pentakill! On Graves!
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-03-23 at 07:39 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

So - as a comptely unexpected surprise - someone in draft mode calls support. Never happens. But since that's my usual slot, I decide to go with the tried and true: Ashe.

I went 12/4/17 or some such. It's not the only time I've carried a game, but it's close. And it was awesome, I even hit my ECA's.

Unbelievable. And now, I want to marry Sona. It is actually the first time ever I've had a Sona on my side. Which, actually, is a bit odd.

11. - Top - End - #1241

I use my standard support setups (armor reds/yellows, mana regen blues, gp5 quints with 0/21/9). Max Q first. Help, Pix next if you need the extra shield; if you can get away with it, go with Whimsy second for the extra CC duration. Pretty standard aggressive support play. Use the side bushes if they're not warded. Throw Q at them whenever you can. Toss Pix on your carry at the beginning of skirmishes and polymorph the opposing carry.

Start Fairy Charm/wards/pots. Build Philo Stone. I've been going CD boots and they've been working pretty well. If your AD carry has the Heal summoner spell (he should), I like Exhaust/Flash. If he doesn't (he probably won't), go Heal/Flash.

WotA is actually a pretty nice support item on her, too. I usually grab it after my two gp5 items before upgrading them (and losing the gp5).

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I sent in a support ticket about this and I feel very slightly responsible. Yay go not having to press the space bar like eight thousand times per match :D
    I hold it down until I need to move the screen.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

13. - Top - End - #1243

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    I hold it down until I need to move the screen.
    I rebound it from snap camera to champion to toggle camera lock, and just hit it after I was done looking elsewhere via the minimap. Now I can quickly unlock it for snipes or whatever too, so actually I guess this bug helped me out a little.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

I've been having really really good success with on-hit Lulu. I... really don't know why. I think her Q is bursty, and her W just makes you a terrifying 1v1 with some items.

I use gold quints, armor/gold yellows, AS/Mpen reds and MR per level/flat AP blues. Masteries are... 16/0/14 apparently, picking up havoc, flat AP, AS and greed.
    (I like gold per level guys it's so fun)
    Q does surprising damage and has decent range. Yay.
    W is lovely lovely CC and gets you back to lane faster (why have I been focussing E second I'mma focus W)
    E is useful for shield, but I use it the least
    R obviously is excellent.

I start with a faerie charm, pots and a coupla wards, and go for philo stone and defensive boots. (Leaning towards tabi, cause my build has better MR it seems). Amplifying Tome>Malady, Null-magic Mantle-Wit's End, Madreds Razors, Recurve Bow>Bloodrazor, Shurelias, and I've been going for Trinity as the sixth just because ever stat on it is helpful.

...I am guilty of commenting on how cute/hot she is, but her showcases are just so nice because she seems to enjoy them.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Banned

I don't understand how Skarners get ult-baited by a Sivir with spell shield, but I'll take it.

I never even press space bar. I probably should.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I don't understand how Skarners get ult-baited by a Sivir with spell shield, but I'll take it.
    In my experience, successful trollshields are normally a result of the recipient (Skarner in this case) using the skill, in some cases on reflex, and not having the response speed to stop once the shield does up.

Then again, I have shielded things like Sona's Q mid-flight, so I know that being able to predict what's going to happen can allow one to perform absurd trollshields.

(At some time, I want to make an all-troll team. Sivir with Trollshield, Vlad with Trollpool, Shaco with Trollpoof, Teemo with Trolldart and Singed with Trollsprint.)
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    In my experience, successful trollshields are normally a result of the recipient (Skarner in this case) using the skill, in some cases on reflex, and not having the response speed to stop once the shield does up.

Then again, I have shielded things like Sona's Q mid-flight, so I know that being able to predict what's going to happen can allow one to perform absurd trollshields.

(At some time, I want to make an all-troll team. Sivir with Trollshield, Vlad with Trollpool, Shaco with Trollpoof, Teemo with Trolldart and Singed with Trollsprint.)
    I'd personally have Janna in there. One does not simply catch Janna.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

No Fizz with Trollpole?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I'd personally have Janna in there. One does not simply catch Janna.
    Well, to be honest, there are several other champions (Tryndamere with Trollyell, Poppy with Trollslam, Soraka with Trollheal, Anivia with Trollwall and Talon with Trollti) that could be on the team, that was just an example. To be more specific, it was the first 5 trollions I could think of.

20. - Top - End - #1250

Regardless of what you're doing, I'm very disappointed in your lack of Trundle and his trollpillar. And come on: it's Trundle.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Banned

The thing about Skarner and spell shield is, Q basically gets rid of it instantly. I would basically never just W up to Sivir and try to ult her without anything else. But this Skarner tried to ult me some five times and only landed the first.

---

Are we only allowed to troll the enemy? Because Urgot, Singed, Trist, Blitz, Ali, and Anivia are quite capable of trolling teammates.

22. - Top - End - #1252

Every time I think about troll teams I want to run 5 man Revive/Teleport where everyone gets GA. Team should include Zilean, Trynd, Kayle, and maybe Yorick

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Regardless of what you're doing, I'm very disappointed in your lack of Trundle and his trollpillar. And come on: it's Trundle.
    I'm surprised that I forgot, as I've played him before. I didn't do particularly, well, though.

The thing about Skarner and spell shield is, Q basically gets rid of it instantly. I would basically never just W up to Sivir and try to ult her without anything else. But this Skarner tried to ult me some five times and only landed the first.

---

Are we only allowed to troll the enemy? Because Urgot, Singed, Trist, Blitz, Ali, and Anivia are quite capable of trolling teammates.
    True, true. I've been in a similar situation (Sona and WW come at me, WW Qs and Sona ults at all but the same time, I only block the Q, die)

Oh, sure, but they'd probably be in a different team. Team A trolls the enemy, Team B trolls their allies.

---

I think that playing with noobs makes me better at the game. During my second climb to level 30 I feel like I improved far more than during the first one, and recently (after 2-3 days of exclusively playing with a level 11 account with a level 20 buddy on EUW) I've had a few randomly great games.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Banned

True, true. I've been in a similar situation (Sona and WW come at me, WW Qs and Sona ults at all but the same time, I only block the Q, die)
    Amusingly, I initially read this as Sona Q and WW ult, and it still worked.

Oh, sure, but they'd probably be in a different team. Team A trolls the enemy, Team B trolls their allies.
    Aye. And add Trundle and "I'm Helping" to the list of champs that can troll teammates.

I think that playing with noobs makes me better at the game. During my second climb to level 30 I feel like I improved far more than during the first one, and recently (after 2-3 days of exclusively playing with a level 11 account with a level 20 buddy on EUW) I've had a few randomly great games.
    Playing with noobs teaches how to carry, playing with better players teaches how not to feed. A varied experience creates hybrid vigor, as it were.

I guess playing with people of the same skill level theoretically teaches teamplay and coordination, but I don't know how often it actually works out that way.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

I guess playing with people of the same skill level theoretically teaches teamplay and coordination, but I don't know how often it actually works out that way.
    Depends on the solo queue magic. Today I had 2 games with really chatty, friendly randoms. I felt like we were winning even 8 kills down. The third game was with people who rarely said anything. The chat was 'mia, mia, mia, mia, mia, [shut down a killing spree], [retreat ping], mia, mia, [alert ping]' interspersed with my own comments.

Of course, part of the problem is that, if you're a follower (which I tend to be, probably part of the reason I prefer supporting) it's often difficult to prod your team into working together well. "We need to focus." is a start, but without anything to follow up or the awareness needed to call something (i.e. realize it's a good time to do X, something I've been improving on recently) it doesn't help much.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

I like Lulu. :3 She's probably my favourite new champion ever since Lux got released. (Coupled with my refound appreciation of Mejai's; I haven't had this much fun playing Lol in ages.)

I'm aiming for ten consecutive wins as support Lulu now.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1257

Fred has an EU West Account now too.

Summoner Name: GatheringFred
    Server: EU West
    Forum name: Fredaintdead

Ryze is fun... because I enjoy just spamming. (I do actually know that you should throw your spells in a specific order and time your ult as the first overload fires for maximum AoE damage, but it's too much fun to just hit all the buttons)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Banned

<snip>

I like Lulu. :3 She's probably my favourite new champion ever since Lux got released. (Coupled with my refound appreciation of Mejai's; I haven't had this much fun playing Lol in ages.)

I'm aiming for ten consecutive wins as support Lulu now.
    I'm saving up. Lulu is probably as close as I've come to buying RP. She has a skin that turns people into cats. Words cannot describe the win.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

I'm saving up. Lulu is probably as close as I've come to buying RP. She has a skin that turns people into cats. Words cannot describe the win.
    Lulu is so OP.

Nidalee has to wait until level 6 to turn things into cats, and it only works on herself. Lulu can do so starting at level 1. The enemies only restriction doesn't matter much...

[Sponsored by your friendly neighborhood 'Gee, I Wish That People Would Stop Calling Every New Champion OP' committee!]

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

I bought Nocturne the second I saw the sale, but I'm not sure whether I should spend some of my dwindling stock of RP on Leona. Supports-wise, I play Alistar and Soraka a moderate amount, and since starting to play Alistar more I definitely favour aggressive supports. But I bought Janna with IP recently and haven't learned to play her yet, so I'm not sure whether I should buy another support when there's another one I own but haven't used yet.

So what do you guys think of Leona?