New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Leg-crossing, sometimes arm-crossing, various poses, etc.

... What? I think I've put a rather healthy amount of thought into the subject.
    Not buying it unless you're talking about deliberately having only preselected androgynes. There's too many... pronounced individuals in any actually representative slice of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    We accept all kinds here, Even the explosive kinds.
    I was referring to the racism and acting so infantile it's too childish for children to act that way myself.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-27 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. Despite what my avatar would have you believe, there's a wonderful peacefulness in naked cuddling, sharing the warmth of another's arms and all that.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Amusingly, I have no modesty issue with BF. He's handsome, too! And always has been... I guess. Back when we were just friends, he showed very little skin, understandably. Now, there's nothing I like better than innocent naked cuddling.
    Bah, I'm weird. Humans are weird. Everything is so freaking weird.

Everyone wants to be a cat. So peaceful and fuzzy and stuff. Ooooh look here's our spoiled cute kitty hi kitty do you want to be petted *devolves into a slobbering scratch-machine*
    Now I have to watch the Aristocats again!
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

*Hugs Musashi and Keveak* Now now, I'm pretty sure no-one's going to nude* around here... Even if they did, I'd be way to shy to join them anyway.
    *Runs past naked with a bowtie downstairs* WOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOO

And yes there are few things that feel as nice as two naked people cuddling and holding each other tight in each others arms.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

It'd be awesome to be a cat... You could be as rude as you wanted and people would just squee and rub your back. Plus, retractable claws.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    So, writing a story and relavance here is that the two romantic leads are both guys. I'm just about to the part where they first meet and I was wondering if I should switch narration to get the other one there, or make it all in one perspective until it's necessary?
    It depends on your writing style, of course. If one of them is focused on more in the story, it would make more sense to go by his perspective - otherwise, a switching or third-person perspective may work.

I haven't written any romance (that made any sense in any context whatsoever), though, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Not buying it unless you're talking about deliberately having only preselected androgynes. There's too many... pronounced individuals in any actually representative slice of the population.
    True... :reset simulation:

I was referring to the racism and acting so infantile it's too childish for children to act that way myself.
    You know, I thought that movie wasn't so bad... It's almost disappointing that there wasn't a sequel.

If you ask me, it's high time someone made a movie that involved an entire ocean spontaneously exploding. That'd be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Indeed. Despite what my avatar would have you believe, there's a wonderful peacefulness in naked cuddling, sharing the warmth of another's arms and all that.
    Someday I hope to feel that peacefulness... :hopelessromantic:
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've not been able to do any cuddling for a rather long while, much less naked cuddling. The closest I've been able to get is drowning myself in satin.

Though I'd rather have clothed cuddling than naked.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-27 at 05:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

So we walked home today... What a great day.

This is turning out to be the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-03-27 at 06:46 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone wants to be a cat. So peaceful and fuzzy and stuff. Ooooh look here's our spoiled cute kitty hi kitty do you want to be petted *devolves into a slobbering scratch-machine*
    Because the cats the only cat who knows where it's at~

I disagree that the latter isw a bad thing. I wasn't aware of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    I've not been able to do any cuddling for a rather long while, much less naked cuddling. The closest I've been able to get is drowning myself in satin.

Though I'd rather have clothed cuddling than naked.
    I'd honestly settle for either, really.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Pixie in the Playground

I really hate how sucky my internet access is right now. It's even more frustrating that it could easily be fixed if my landlord would even acknowledge that I exist. He claimed (on a rare occasion where he actually *GASP called me back!) that the internet provider fixed it a few weeks ago, but nothing changed after that. I'm paying for this free internet, conflabbit!

And to top it off, I'm having a crisis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to getting an incredible job that I'm not passing up, I'll be moving in May to someplace significantly far away; so far that it won't be just a simple matter to hop in the car and drive back home if I miss everyone. This means that I'll be moving away from everyone in my current city that I've gotten to know and love, including my best friends, immediate family, and other kith and kin who aren't jerks. All the wonderful and supportive people in my life that I've met face-to-face? They'll be hours and hours away.

Also, because of this move, I broke up with my boyfriend. He couldn't move there with me, and neither one of us is too keen on the idea of a long-distance relationship. It seemed like the breakup was amicable, but now he seems to be avoiding me - probably because the breakup is bothering him more than he lets on. Given that he was one of few people who understood my quirks even before we started dating, the idea of losing him as a friend bothers me greatly. I've weighed the pros and cons of getting back together with him, but I'm beginning to think it's out of my control anyway.

I feel like I should be able to adapt to this situation easier, but this is pretty much going to be the biggest change of my adult life. I may be moving to a city I've always thought was awesome, but it's not the city where I grew up, went to school, had meaningful experiences, etc. I'm going to be alone and single in the big, cold city where I won't know anyone at first, and given my habit of not really warming up to people that well, I probably won't feel comfortable around anybody I meet for quite some time. I feel like I should expect the worse, emotion-wise. Not pretty. I also have a really tough time keeping in touch with people I already know once they've moved away, so there's that hurdle to deal with too.

*sigh*

Spoilered just cuz I wrote much more than I thought I would. I need a hug.
    Last edited by Laser Frog; 2012-03-27 at 06:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Frog View Post
    I really hate how sucky my internet access is right now. It's even more frustrating that it could easily be fixed if my landlord would even acknowledge that I exist. He claimed (on a rare occasion where he actually *GASP called me back!) that the internet provider fixed it a few weeks ago, but nothing changed after that. I'm paying for this free internet, conflabbit!

Spoiler
    Show
    Due to getting an incredible job that I'm not passing up, I'll be moving in May to someplace significantly far away; so far that it won't be just a simple matter to hop in the car and drive back home if I miss everyone. This means that I'll be moving away from everyone in my current city that I've gotten to know and love, including my best friends, immediate family, and other kith and kin who aren't jerks. All the wonderful and supportive people in my life that I've met face-to-face? They'll be hours and hours away.

Also, because of this move, I broke up with my boyfriend. He couldn't move there with me, and neither one of us is too keen on the idea of a long-distance relationship. It seemed like the breakup was amicable, but now he seems to be avoiding me - probably because the breakup is bothering him more than he lets on. Given that he was one of few people who understood my quirks even before we started dating, the idea of losing him as a friend bothers me greatly. I've weighed the pros and cons of getting back together with him, but I'm beginning to think it's out of my control anyway.

I feel like I should be able to adapt to this situation easier, but this is pretty much going to be the biggest change of my adult life. I may be moving to a city I've always thought was awesome, but it's not the city where I grew up, went to school, had meaningful experiences, etc. I'm going to be alone and single in the big, cold city where I won't know anyone at first, and given my habit of not really warming up to people that well, I probably won't feel comfortable around anybody I meet for quite some time. I feel like I should expect the worse, emotion-wise. Not pretty. I also have a really tough time keeping in touch with people I already know once they've moved away, so there's that hurdle to deal with too.

*sigh*

*Internet hug* Unfortunately this is the best I can do

I'm sure your boyfriend will come to his senses after he's worked through his emotions and just remember new places mean new opportunities and I'm sure you will meet new and awesome people at your new place.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

11. - Top - End - #551

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I disagree that the latter isw a bad thing. I wasn't aware of the former.
    I should hope not, since I was euphemistically referring specifically to lacking an actual sense of humor.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

It depends on your writing style, of course. If one of them is focused on more in the story, it would make more sense to go by his perspective - otherwise, a switching or third-person perspective may work.

I haven't written any romance (that made any sense in any context whatsoever), though, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.
    I'm in third person, but third person limited, and one is entering the Capitol, while the other is the prince in disguise. Prince is smitten, one night stand occurs(in which prince loses virginity, but I probably won't be writing a sex scene, unless two men kissing bump up the ratings a ton already), minstrel gets summoned, minstrel becomes personal servant, adventures ensue for five-ish years, people find out about relationship(more reaction to social class due to pre-Christianisation), minstrel locked up(also because he's a closet psychic(psion minus pure blasting)), prince gets attacked, king is killed prince kidnapped, head of prince's guard breaks out minstrel, minstrel saves prince, union creates peace, happy ending.

Cliché but not too so.

Edit: mostly in the point of view will be minstrel, but some times I'm probably gonna need to switch to the prince.

Someday I hope to feel that peacefulness... :hopelessromantic:
    Girl, same! :hopelessromantic::cuddleslut:
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-03-27 at 07:42 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

13. - Top - End - #553

Anyone else hate how games that let you edit your character's appearance always make you choose between male and female models/equipment? I've been wanting to make a gender-bending character in Soul Calibur V, but all I've been able to make so far was a guy in a skimpy maid outfit (he's freakin' hot, but very obviously male). :/

On the other hand, though, Saint's Row 2 was pretty good about gender-neutral editing - you could pick any voice or hairstyle with anyone and dramatically shift a character's body structure until it resembled that of the opposite sex. Its sequel, however... :/

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh*

*So many hugs*

I'm in third person, but third person limited, and one is entering the Capitol, while the other is the prince in disguise. Prince is smitten, one night stand occurs(in which prince loses virginity, but I probably won't be writing a sex scene, unless two men kissing bump up the ratings a ton already), minstrel gets summoned, minstrel becomes personal servant, adventures ensue for five-ish years, people find out about relationship(more reaction to social class due to pre-Christianisation), minstrel locked up(also because he's a closet psychic(psion minus pure blasting)), prince gets attacked, king is killed prince kidnapped, head of prince's guard breaks out minstrel, minstrel saves prince, union creates peace, happy ending.

Cliché but not too so.

Edit: mostly in the point of view will be minstrel, but some times I'm probably gonna need to switch to the prince.
    That sounds pretty good - links or didn't happen.

For some reason I can picture that from the Prince's perspective a bit more clearly - it seems like he'd be more nervous, and that's always adorable.
    Thanks for existing.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

That sounds pretty good - links or didn't happen.

For some reason I can picture that from the Prince's perspective a bit more clearly - it seems like he'd be more nervous, and that's always adorable.
    hence how a good portion of it will follow the prince. PbP really helps hone my third person limited. "adventures" means "group of events I have yet to outline that will prevent me just being a crappy writer who skips the five years in which character's develop and be able to put in inside jokes.

I still don't know about the sex scene(I want to, but it would severely reduce my audience) I think I'll make it tame. Still happening during the text, but not really adressing the sex or being explicit. But I do feel that for variation and character style, first person limited would best fit the prince. I also have some practice with that. If I do put up links, I'll have to make a page online somewhere. And I can't just put up a word document on here. Also it'll take me a good amount of time to finish, as I am a busy highschool student, but I should be able to write a few chapters over spring break, but I'm gonna be in Florida, with family. So I'm gonna miss you guys Thursday evening through the Sunday more than a week later.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh*

You have my hugs, and my sympathies. As I may have mentioned upthread(s), I'm an Army brat and am used to moving around a lot, but come this summer I, too, am moving three time zones away from friends and family for an incredible job opportunity. If you ever want to talk with someone about moving and getting acclimated to new places and such, my PM box is open.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

So, writing a story and relavance here is that the two romantic leads are both guys. I'm just about to the part where they first meet and I was wondering if I should switch narration to get the other one there, or make it all in one perspective until it's necessary?
    I'm always in favour of switching narratives, but I might be biased by my love of the Bartimaeus Trilogy.

The story seems quite fun so far, though. Perhaps you could have switching narratives once they are separated? Would build suspense when the reader knows of the prince's capture before the minstrel and would allow you to show both characters without too long intervals! :3

But again, heavily biased. ^_^'

Amusingly, I have no modesty issue with BF. He's handsome, too! And always has been... I guess. Back when we were just friends, he showed very little skin, understandably. Now, there's nothing I like better than innocent naked cuddling.

Weirdness isn't that bad, it means there's much more to learn and explore!

Now I wish I could pet the kitten, but I can't get through the computer screen. T_T

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh*

*Hugs*

That's sad, but I really hope you will meet a lot of wonderful people in the big city and have a great time. Even if it means all your old friends are far away.

Perhaps you could communicate with them electronically for a while? Skyping may not be the same as face-to-face, but it is something.

Anyone else hate how games that let you edit your character's appearance always make you choose between male and female models/equipment? I've been wanting to make a gender-bending character in Soul Calibur V, but all I've been able to make so far was a guy in a skimpy maid outfit (he's freakin' hot, but very obviously male). :/

On the other hand, though, Saint's Row 2 was pretty good about gender-neutral editing - you could pick any voice or hairstyle with anyone and dramatically shift a character's body structure until it resembled that of the opposite sex. Its sequel, however... :/
    I never really noticed, since I haven't played a game with character creation for a long time, but that is indeed quite unfortunate. :SadButNotSadEmoticonSad:

It becomes even weirder when you are allowed to chose from creatures that are far from human or even alien, but still have the same two sexes and the same sexual characteristics. O_o

Although, that might explain why I played a Tauren in World of Warcraft. Big bovine people are difficult to gender.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

So, weird thing I've found, and which I'm looking forward to in the coming week. When I sleep with my girlfriend (and I mean literally sleep, though preferably with some of that innocent naked cuddling musashi mentioned) I sleep less, but I feel more rested the morning after.

Just me?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

From memory, me too. It's been a while since I had the chance though :p
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

19. - Top - End - #559

So my one month anniversary is on Sunday, and I am trying to be romantic (not bromantic), so I am gonna try and write the love poem that trumps all love poems, then pull him on webcam and read it to him.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

20. - Top - End - #560

NecromancerGuy

So, weird thing I've found, and which I'm looking forward to in the coming week. When I sleep with my girlfriend (and I mean literally sleep, though preferably with some of that innocent naked cuddling musashi mentioned) I sleep less, but I feel more rested the morning after.

Just me?
    I'm certainly more content and feel better when I've got that kind of relationship.

Hmm... From 4-10 AM is about 6 hours and on my own I felt like my butt was kicked about half the time if I slept that much, but with my ex-fiance it was a lot less, though we had a tendency to not actually get out of bed for an additional hour after that. Would wake up briefly a fair bit about halfway through the night though generally it was short enough I'd have difficulty remembering if I had or had just dreamt it.

Getting about 6ish with someone who I wanted to be sharing a bed with was a lot better than getting 8ish solo. 8-10ish is what I usually need, though that's been dropping with age, thankfully.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    So my one month anniversary is on Sunday, and I am trying to be romantic (not bromantic), so I am gonna try and write the love poem that trumps all love poems, then pull him on webcam and read it to him.
    It has already been written:

Spoiler
    Show
    The ocean was never so shimmering
    and the beach never so freeing
    the fields, meadows, and trees never so beautiful
    and the flowers never so delightfully fragrant
    as when you walked by my side
    towards the sunset, on that evening that wonderful one
    when your curls hid me from the world
    while you drowned all my sorrows
    darling, with your first kiss

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

I will admit, I have no poetry in my soul. I have music in my soul, and dance, and sculpture, but poetry tends to leave me cold. Poetry and painting. I can appreciate the skill behind some forms of it, but I can rarely enjoy it for its own sake. The closest I come to enjoying poetry is my love of limericks, and that's more a combination of my sense of humor and love for structured conventions and the way they interact to produce puns and false expectations. Sonnets, haikus, and other really structured forms are okay (especially set to song), but they're just hollow by themselves for me.

There are just these vast swathes of human art that leave me scratching my head and asking "is something wrong with me, or with this... thing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Bah, I'm weird. Humans are weird. Everything is so freaking weird.[/SIZE]

Both of these are true. People are weird. Life is weird. I sometimes find that I want to be a cat.

I also wish that I could create worlds and civilizations in my name….but then again I wonder if anyone hasn't wished for godly omnipotence at one point or another. I would surprised if they hadn't.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #564
    Barbarian in the Playground

*stuff about poetry*
    I don't there's anything wrong with you or the art.

Some art doesn't speak to some people. Some forms of art don't speak to some people. I know dance has almost never touched me. Poetry to me is beautiful because the way the words interact with each other produces incredibly vivid images for me, and that's not even taking into account the meaning of the words.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-28 at 02:35 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565

Suddenly, insomnia ensues...

hence how a good portion of it will follow the prince. PbP really helps hone my third person limited. "adventures" means "group of events I have yet to outline that will prevent me just being a crappy writer who skips the five years in which character's develop and be able to put in inside jokes.

I still don't know about the sex scene(I want to, but it would severely reduce my audience) I think I'll make it tame. Still happening during the text, but not really adressing the sex or being explicit. But I do feel that for variation and character style, first person limited would best fit the prince. I also have some practice with that. If I do put up links, I'll have to make a page online somewhere. And I can't just put up a word document on here. Also it'll take me a good amount of time to finish, as I am a busy highschool student, but I should be able to write a few chapters over spring break, but I'm gonna be in Florida, with family. So I'm gonna miss you guys Thursday evening through the Sunday more than a week later.
    *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I'm always in favour of switching narratives, but I might be biased by my love of the Bartimaeus Trilogy.

The story seems quite fun so far, though. Perhaps you could have switching narratives once they are separated? Would build suspense when the reader knows of the prince's capture before the minstrel and would allow you to show both characters without too long intervals! :3

But again, heavily biased. ^_^'
    The catbirdkobold brings up an interesting point...

I never really noticed, since I haven't played a game with character creation for a long time, but that is indeed quite unfortunate. :SadButNotSadEmoticonSad:

It becomes even weirder when you are allowed to chose from creatures that are far from human or even alien, but still have the same two sexes and the same sexual characteristics. O_o

Although, that might explain why I played a Tauren in World of Warcraft. Big bovine people are difficult to gender.
    It could also explain why I make so many Elves in Bioware games...

Though, speaking of Bioware, something did occur to me about Mass Effect - considering how realistically-reptilian Turians are, is it possible to tell whether a given one that Shepard meets is male or female? Seeing as the males don't have frills or anything, it's plausible that females would be indistinguishable to humans. :hmm...:

...Wait, Bioware Elves aren't androgynous. Which game am I thinkin' of... I usually make Khajiit in Elder Scrolls... *trails off indistinctly*
    Thanks for existing.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

How would you manage that with humans and without massive unnecessary cosmetic surgery?
    Have you forgotten that naked people are invisible?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Nudity?
    Noooooooooooo my nemesis
    I'll put myself in a comfy opaque cocoon of CLOTHES. *curls up pathetically in a corner whenever she's wearing a swimsuit*
    Dang, I don't like showing off my skin, I don't like adult content, naked people disturb me a tiny little bit, and I have the libido of a castrated kitten. I'm the most un-fun person EVER.

i'M DEFII -- argh! I'm definitely with you on this! Nudity is scary and wrong, except with significant other when naked cuddles are clearly the pinnacle of life, I want to be a cat.

Spoiler
    Show

*sigh*

*hug* Well, there's always the internet to keep in touch with people. Since I left home, I talk to my mother most days, just for 5 or 10 minutes to check in, and it keeps me in touch even when I'm otherwise lonely. You could set yourself goals to get to know people in work, especially if you're naturally shy. "Today I will give someone a compliment", "Today I will go for lunch with the group", "Today I will ask someone if they'd like to get a drink after work". And see if you can find a gaming society or shop and start playing some games!

Check-up: Is Lil Shiro's relationship still ridiculously adorable?
    Answer: Yes.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

*pets the kitty extra, Dexter, in the name of everyone who wants to pet him*

I also like having more options in character creation. Most of the time, when a character is male, he's also broad and muscular. Bothers me especially when I want to make an OC, I have only one male character who's obviously tall, muscular, and testosterone-overdosed. The others range from "average" to "huge wuss".

(Mini-monologue on a character of mine incoming:)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reminds me I also have an androgynous character, a woman who pretends she's a gay man. Yes, "pretend" is the right word there, because she's absolutely not transgender at all, and does not actually identify as male. She does it to further her own interests, and also because she has big psychological issues and is compelled to lie. Also, I only refer her as "he" because that's what she and everyone else does. Using "she" here weirds me out.
    I made her, along with the rest of my OCs, at a time when I was depressed and not well informed on trans issues. Almost all of my other OCs have psychological disorders, and at the time, I needed to explore that to forget about my own psychological problems. Plus, I didn't know yet my best friend and future BF was FtM (he made another group of OCs at the same time, and roleplayed a lot with our imaginary toybox).
    Now I've gotten better, I realize that character is perhaps kinda problematic. But I still like her a lot. I haven't exactly thought about her identity, and maybe I should (though she absolutely does not feel the need or want to do so). I don't draw parallels between her and any real transgender/genderqueer person, I see her instead as a lot more similar to a few criminals I read about who let their whole life revolve around an unhealthy lie about their identity*.
    Anyway, I'm glad I got educated on LGBT+ issues since then. So, maybe she's actually androgynous/genderqueer. She's also androsexual, but has too little empathy to actually care about other people.
    (Yes, I also got educated on psychology too, but her and my other characters were never really intended to have very realistic psychological disorders anyway, only ones that I could use for giggles and drama.)
    TL;DR: made a kinda problematic character when I was 17, won't do it again.

*One of them is Jean-Claude Romand, a man who dropped med school for no good reason, pretended to EVERYONE he kept studying and became an excellent doctor, and ended up on a killing spree when his secret started falling apart decades later. There was another man (whose name I forgot) who stole the identity of missing children a lot younger than he was, so he could be "adopted" by their families; he obviously had big emotional and affections issues since childhood. They're both better-known in France.

@Lil Shiro: why are you so adorable? Why is there so much adorable in this thread? No, I'm not complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

29. - Top - End - #569
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Just me?
    Yep. I always sleep a lot better when there's someone warm and naked to do innocent cuddling with. :3
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I wanna pet da kitty!!!

Good luck to you, I'm not so good a poem help, the last thing rhyme-y I wrote that was successful was October 2010 a song written for a capella without a concrete rhythm or tune about Alexander the Great. So no help and still lame due to my lack of effort. It was really just a way for me to procrastinate.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    It has already been written:

Spoiler
    Show
    The ocean was never so shimmering
    and the beach never so freeing
    the fields, meadows, and trees never so beautiful
    and the flowers never so delightfully fragrant
    as when you walked by my side
    towards the sunset, on that evening that wonderful one
    when your curls hid me from the world
    while you drowned all my sorrows
    darling, with your first kiss
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! *dies*

*Hugs*
    Thanks, I needed that. Not including the run-on plot sentence, there were so many errors, my grammar was atrocious, using wrong words, improper placement of an apostrophe. *shudders*
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!