New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

A short unprotected message is found being sent from the ruins of the Utopia Project

Spoiler
    Show
    To the People's State of America. We would like to request that your government steps in and takes over what was the territory of the Utopia Project.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 6

Public Announcements
    Project Earth's government decalres a national state of mourning for the aftermath of the nuclear attacks in the UK. The UK were the strongest supporters of the Environmental Revitalization Program, and for their people to be targetted so unjustly. Project Earth awaits approval by the UK to help rebuilding efforts, evacuation efforts, whatever the survivors need.

Project Earth demands an international war trial for anyone tied into Project Utopia's decision to use their nuclear arsenal.

Blue Heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any potential for negotiations? You have backed the world's powers into a corner, an act of strength and cunning. However, in backing them into the corner you give them the only options of capitulating to your demands for all the world to witness, or to attack, and destroy your organization despite the consequences. We are unsure how others will react, and ask now if there is any possibillity whatsoever for a third option?

Cobra
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think recent actions have clearly shown that your organization is different from others. There are a few things we wish to discuss with you in private, concerning the global endemic.

Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    We should be able to contribute more resources this turn. Exact numbers are dependent much upon the current events in the world.

GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darn. 50-50 chance with my espionage and they failed. Anyways, I guess things could be worse!

Do I have any idea of the total econ and military of the Sahel Free State now that I've co-opted a stat or two of both? Or is that something I can only find out through spying?

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to UK, open statement
    Spoiler
    Show
    In light of your recent tragedy our hearts are moved to pity. While we cannot bring back those who were lost we would like to offer or technical know how. If you are unable to gain the use of radiation scrubbers we will develop the technology ourselves and provide it free of charge to you and any nation that is the victim of nuclear attacks.

The future is borrow from our children at a great rate. To secure it for them free from the horror of fallout is worth a great price.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Carthaginian Empire

African Cradle, Ethiopia [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "From what I can tell, there is quite a bit of tension between the nations of Ethiopia and African Cradle. It is the wish of Carthage that Africa be a place of peace, cooperation, and innovation. Any poor relations between one of our nations will prevent that, so we will do anything we can to fix whatever problems are going on between your two nations.

For the sake of us all, please attend a conference in New Carthage between our two nations. We would like to act as a neutral host to a diplomatic discussion that can hopefully put an end to the hard feelings between our two friends."

Project Earth, African Cradle [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to open discussions for the creation of a pan-African defensive network. The recent nuclear bombings of the UK and the rampant use of bioweapons and other dangerous weapons has raised our level of concern to new highs. If we combine our resources, we may be able to create a defensive grid capable of stopping weapons of mass destruction.

OOC: Mistral, I don't want what happened to the UK to happen to Carthage. I am proposing use of technology and economy to create a defensive grid that would prevent something similar from happening to an African country. To protect against nukes and other superweapons represented by stat burning.

BSRC [PM-Level]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Francesco Castell, director of the African Space Station, arrives at one of the bases of the Lunar Empire to represent Carthage. He joins the other representatives immediately.

"Carthage refuses to negotiate with the terrorists, though we will support another solution to the current problem."
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Telepath and The commonwealth of Austrilia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Grim will be working towards securing telepaths people from the blue heaven terrorists, and we would like to mention a old technology. It was discarded, but the intial results were promising. We'll send the information on a more secure line.

To Blue heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    While we cannot raise all the money on our own, how much would you want for just Telepath being released?

To the UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi. We noticed that you seem to be suffering from nuclear radiation. Ironic. In anycase, if you would send the beam propulsion tech to us, we'll send our silver worms to you, deal?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Southern Federation (Def Esp 12)

To Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent news. We have had to pursue an unexpected avenue of research as our previous line of work proved inadequate for the next goal of the project. Your aid will help us complete these new projects quickly.

OOC: I'll send more details in a PM if you didn't already get what I'm talking about in your EoT.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 6

Carthaginian Empire, African Cradle
    Spoiler
    Show
    What your propose is something that goes against our traditions. However, as you can see with our recent actions to convince the Sahel Free State to join us, we have changed our stance on certain things, given the current condition of global politics.

As to the defense network, we will consult the citizens. If they are in favor we will join you, if not, we will reassess and find an alternative means to help secure the safety of the region.

As to the Sahel Free State, they are a poor, yet hostile power. It is our hopes to annex them peacefully and give their citizens a brighter future, one not possible given their current rule. We hope this becomes a shining example for other nations to follow, that should a nation not be worthy of its citizens, that alternatives to outright war can be found. We are not asking you to take part in this, but to respect our decision in the matter. Should this prove fruitful, a hostile neighbor will be replaced by a stronger ally, and it will limit the chances foreign powers have to gain authority in our continent.

EDIT: Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Only got word that the research focus changed, not what it was specifically about.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-06-10 at 09:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra
    ESP-D:10

open message to the world

cobra denounces all nations involved in the attacks on the UK as well as the space crisis. it is a shame that everyone cant solve their problems using other less violent means

we would also like to extend our congratulations to the people of malay for overthrowing an unjust goverment

to project earth[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    lelei, cobras representitive to the outside world arrives at one of your embassies i am here representing the freedom fighters of cobra. what is it you wish of us? we have been undergoing a leadership crisis within our ranks, so we have been quiet in the outside world. however we will see what we can do to help you she says in a rich melodic voice, while absently entwining her long blond hair around her fingers
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-06-10 at 09:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ndidi Eze, one of the three permanent members of Project Earth's nine-body executive is the main representative. She's been the most active recently, in some ways the face of the executive "Project Earth Council", though her political power by law is the same as the others. She is in her early fifties, her greying hair adding a sense of regal prowess to her. She is al business.

"We have two concerns at the moment that we could use your invaluable help. The first is with the Sahel Free State. I will not lie and claim our intent to annex them is completely righteous. The world is entering a new era of conflict, and we believe even the nuclear attacks on the UK is but the beginning. The Soviets have started what wil no doubt be an arms race in space. Blue Heaven will create military and espionage alliances to unite against them, alliances which will turn on other enemies. Already power blocs such as Europe, Asia, and South America have formed.

"Project Earth will not be unprepared. We will not allow everything we built to be overrun by military coalitions seeking to expand. As much as it pains us to do so, we must expand to ensure that we can defend ourselves. Several of the recent wars have lacked casus belli, a sign that even our reputation may no longer defend us.

"The Sahel Free State offers two problems. First of all, it is a weak state. Any major power has the ability to usurp them, and gain significant influence in the heart of Africa, a security risk we're not willing to allow. The second problem is their foreign affairs. They are not friendly to any of their neighbors, and are not thought highly of within the global community. This turns their weakness into a much more considerable liability. Simply put, we are moving to annex them as a nation that has a closer shared culture, and who will improve their living conditions before a less generous power does so. It is not right, but given our deep concerns for the future, we feel it necessary.

"As such we are asking for you to contribute some espionage to help us co-opt some of their espionage. We have 4 espionage against their defense of 5. However, they are now resistant to our efforts meaning that likely even 6 espionage againt their 5 defense may still put us at a disadvantage."

Ndidi took a short break to sip on some water.

Our second cocern is about hoever is behind buying media outlets. We attempted a year ago to uncover who it was, but we came up short. They knew we were coming. Whoever is behind trying to control the flow of information is beyond our capabilities to find. That is why we are turning to you to look into the matter, if it is something your organization is interested in."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

to project earth[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    lelei considers your offer thoughtfully, while pulling a small flask out of a hidden pocket and gulps it down nothing personal you understand. i grew up in a troubled part of the world and i dont really trust drinks from anyone else she says anyways...i believe we can help you in sohei if you can arrange to hook us up with some funds so we can rebuild. and as for the media networks, we will check our sources. however we cant possibly handle both the tasks at once so perhaps 1 the 1st 6 months and the other project at the end of the year?

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Cobra[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That is understandable. I would suggest to start with the Sahel Free State then. Given their understandable hostility, it's a more immediate problem, whereas this media mogul will be undone with one successful investigation that can occur at any time. As for payment, that's more than agreeable. Give us a few weeks [OOC: a day or two], to look at our current available funds and resources, and we can reach an agreement on exactly how much t. econ, and how much t. esp we will each provide."
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-06-10 at 11:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hypereux: Station 9

To BHRC [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Director Harry Lehmann arrives via shuttle, direct from Station 9. He is a small man, and quiet, eyes barely visible behind the datastreams flickering across his glasses.

"We are, obviously, not going to give in to the demands of these terrorists," he says, once the meeting is called to order. "Even more obviously, we cannot allow them to initiate a collisional cascade, even if doing such a thing in its entirety is beyond their means."

"What we need to do now is determine three things. The first is the extent of the terrorist forces holding Windsor and TELEPATH stations. The second is whether or not we are capable of eliminating those forces in a covert operation that could, conceivably, save the station personnel and eliminate all chance of Blue Heaven destroying them. The third, and most regrettable, is whether or not the stations can be destroyed from afar in such a way that they do not form a damaging debris cloud. While I do not believe that to be likely, it is an option that should be investigated."

He leans back in his chair. "Unfortunately, according to the Blue Heaven broadcast, someone informed them that the stations were undefended. This means that either someone's security isn't as tight as they think it is or that someone is intentionally feeding information to these terrorists. This means that we cannot really be sure of who we can trust while dealing with the crisis."

"I will tell you that Station 9 Security is going to deal with these terrorists, as most of our infrastructure is in an orbit that would be damaged by the debris cloud if the stations were to explode. Any assistance would be appreciated, but we will have the threat taken care of."

To Great Britain and TELEPATH [PM: Side-Meeting at the BHRC Conference]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm not going to mince words here. This Blue Heaven attack on your stations is a tragedy so obvious it doesn't need to be said. We're going to get straight to the business of getting those stations clear of terrorists. To that end, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with blueprints for Windsor and TELEPATH stations. We very much want to resolve this crisis without the stations being destroyed, and knowing the layout of the place would help our response teams immensely.

Also, if you are able to provide some general idea of the size of the force occupying the stations, that would be invaluable.

To Stichelhaar Consulting [PM: Side-Meeting at the BHRC Conference]
    Spoiler
    Show

As the only two members of this conference who's organizations are based entirely in orbit, and would be affected in their entirety if Blue Heaven carried out their threat, I was hoping that we could work together to resolve it.

We would like to hire all of your available military and espionage to work with Station 9 Security to resolve this Blue Heaven crisis. We are planning on deploying covert ops teams to Windsor and TELEPATH stations to deal with the situation. We have a couple of ideas for insertion of infiltration and combat forces into the stations, but we do not believe that we have the MIL on our own to fully deal with the terrorist threat. Your reputation of honest dealings and current threatened status makes the League believe that, out of all the representatives at this conference, we can trust you to help in this.

Name your price, sir. We will pay it, and gladly.

To GM: Private
    Spoiler
    Show

Got a big question that may determine the fate of the next turn: do Windsor and TELEPATH stations have networks that I can access? They certainly have communications still, considering the broadcast, and I assume they have some way of receiving information if they're demanding ransom. I don't think terrorists would be too knowledgeable about communications systems that Station 9 most likely designed for Windsor in the first place, so they probably haven't shut us out completely. If they even want a chance of creating a debris field they're going to be using shaped charges, so I was just thinking that if I could access the stations' positional thrusters and flip them 180 degrees I could negate most of their threat until they reposition the explosives.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Public Announcements

-Project Earth has completed its Coastal Renovation Program. Due to the small scale of this program, and the need for a country to invest rsources to implement it, we offer our findings as public domain.
    [I]Mechanics: Not sure how much Mistral will let my research be a boost to your own investment if you decide to tackle mitigating risks of rising tides, but it won't hurt, and doesn't cost anything.

-Project Earth is offering the Heart Seed and results of our Environmental Revitalization to ANY area that has been devastated by war, who does not possess these technologies yet, for free. We hope these sustainable, lasting technologies will help speed up development in these regions.

-Aid research: Project Earth will devote its resources to determine the most efficient and useful ways that aid can be given in the devastated region and will make our findings public to all nations to help coordinate efforts. World resources are stretched thin, and we must ensure that people are helped, but that the help is not wasteful.
    Mechanics: Project Earth is going to try to figure out what will be needed to get each devastated region back in functional order (2 for all stats, 3 for all stats? will figure that out with Mistral)

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Andean Union, Brazil to Southern Federation (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Agreed. This concerns all of us, and we'll attend."

Tamoanchan, UHI, African Cradle, Tuong Khinh to BHRC
    Spoiler
    Show
    All nations agree to attend.

Blue Heaven to Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our ultimate goal is the end of human presence in space, and we will not compromise our vision. With that understood, what did you wish? We will not surrender the stations or the hostages, but we are willing to discuss affairs should they lead to a reduction of human activity beyond the atmosphere."

To Daelrog (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're aware that they are significantly weaker than you militarily, and their economy is particularly poor, with many places barely above subsistence level. This is generally recognized by the officials in charge of the operation to be large part of the reason for your successes.

Assuming you're talking about the British Isles for devastated areas, full reconstruction will be necessary at 5:1 or 6:1 ratios (depending on if you can get radiation cleaning equipment from a nation that either researches or already possesses it). The war-torn lands of the Hegemony will be 5:1. If Windsor and the T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H. stations are destroyed, cleaning up the affected orbits will require research.

African Cradle, Ethiopia to Carthaginian Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    The African Cradle and Ethiopia are both willing to attend.

African Cradle to Carthaginian Empire, Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would be pleased to contribute to this venture."

OOC: Understandable, definitely, and also possible.

Blue Heaven to the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will release T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H.'s people, but not the leadership, for 10 ECO."

Stichelhaar to Hypereux League (BHRC side-meeting) (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Agreed. Hell, we'll even do it for free. We've put a moratorium on all of our existing contracts Earth-side, and we'll put all of our resources to finishing Blue Heaven off once and for all."

To Zemalac (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The separated components of the T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H. station have no communications. Communications with the station apparently ended shortly before the Blue Heaven strike concurrent with the break-up of the station and cannot be restored remotely; it appears that Blue Heaven is using their shuttles to relay radio transmissions, which implies they haven't been able to restore functionality, even with direct access. Windsor Station has communications (which is why Blue Heaven is broadcasting from there), but remote access appears to have been greatly restricted by the terrorists through a combination of rubber-hose hacking and direct access to the hardware. Plus, standard practice is to divorce core systems to prevent a single hacker from causing such endless shenanigans (otherwise they could have just started deorbiting stations from a safe distance without warning).

RE: Coastal Renovation Program (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll likely treat it as improved growth ratios for 1-2 points of ECO to those nations that didn't already invest in such a project independently, as the program is as much about restoring salinized soil and water tables, reversing coastal erosion through the use of plants endemic to the local ecosystem (avoiding another kudzu situation), and the such, as well as dykes, breakwaters, and water pumps. Even nations that did invest will probably get some benefit due to the usual cross-pollination of parallel development.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

To Station Nine:

Spoiler
    Show
    We would appreciate being contacted separately from Britain in the future, as we have reason to suspect that they attacked us at the same time as Blue Heaven.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

To Blue Heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to know how much you'd also like for their leadership.

To project earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to apply for a 3 T.Econ loan, and will pay 2 t.Econ in intrest.

To the UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll send you the Silverworms for 3 t.Econ.

To the BHRC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Grim will be there.

To Telepath
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are currently in negotiations to secure the release of your people.
    OOC; In about 6-7 hours, gonna PM you and Kerin something.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-06-11 at 03:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

Technorapture

To Britain
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wish to offer you our help. The same technology we use in recycling plant can be used to decontaminate water and earth. It isn’t as fast in removing radioactive isotopes as it is with chemical wastes but it will work.
    What we require from your government is cooperation both in building and operating the facilities.

To BHRC [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    CEO David Morgan and the Head of security chief Xi Taivasse attend the meeting

18. - Top - End - #768

The Commonwealth of Australia

The Commonwealth of Australia would like to offer T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H. refuge on our continent to recuperate and regather from their recent hardships. We have plenty of room, albeit very warm. Aid will be provided for as long as can be managed.

Telepath and Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telepath, we understand that in your retreat, a great deal of civilians and equipment was lost. However, as allies (with an army of considerable power) we would like to offer our full military might to reclaim as much as possible, with an emphasis on securing the safety of your left behind population. If you accept our proposition, we will require as much information about the theater of war as you can provide, including enemy forces. We will also need your forces stationed within our defense grid to stand guard at our borders until operations are complete. The choice is yours.

On another note to the Grim, what is the status of your occupancy of Antartica? I do not believe the British will be a problem for a while, considering their current situation.

On the note of Grim's technology, we have significant funding available if your technology proves viable. Cost effectiveness is not an issue in this Blue Haven situation.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

To Telepath and The Commonwealth of Australia (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, we're in neogations with blue heaven for the release of the Telepath civillians. I apologize, but I approched them to ask how much for all of your peoples release, but the most they've offered is 10 t.econ for your civillians. We currently have 7 t.Econ we can spend, however, and forgive us President Oliver, we will delay contruction on our defence net to provide a addtional 2 t.econ.

As for our occupancy of Antarctica, no one else has tried anything. We've also been upgrading our anti-air defences.

And as for our tech, well. It was discarded before the advent of quantum computing, and it did enjoy some early sucesses. However, we will admit, they were somewhat limited, and mostly involved smaller inanimate objects. All living creatures that the project tried it on... died in transit.

This is due to the nature of the project, and the limited computing abillity. The effect is simple in theroy. As E=MC*2, you converted the psyical mass into information and sent it along a radio or laser communicatior intill you reached your destination, where it would reform. Think of it like a cell phone, but on a much larger and physical scale. It's not teleportation, but it does come close to the old ideas on it.

And reguarding the retaking of your old lands. The Grim will pledge thier full support.

To the Varunas
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'd like to ask how much the blueprints for your quantum computers would cost.

To the UK (Open statement)
    Spoiler
    Show
    While we do consider you trigger happy jerks, we're not cruel. You need the silverworms, so we'll send them to ya. But when you get back up on your feet, you owe us one. And by owe us one, I mean you'll be testing the silverworms on a big scale. Win-Win.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to Grim [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no price. It has cost us [more than 200 statpoints] to develop them to this point and has required a new understanding of exotic particle theory and temporal mechanics. To be clear, if P=NP or not no longer matters to us. We can solve NP problems in P time no matter what they are. We are certain the implications are evident to you.

We are not misers however. Let us know what technologies you have for trade and we are certain something can be worked out.

OOC: Don't think of esp attacking to get the blueprints, it currently requires my giant neutrino telescope array to detect the tachyons. So if you use them I will know.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-06-11 at 07:36 PM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim to Varunas (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have VASIMARS, we have gentic minpulation, animal bioengeering, Our reproduction is entirely artifical, and there will be what what we're planing to develop with the quantum computers. Which we are plaing on giving to every nation, primarly because it will render Blue heaven unable to prevent movement into space, even if they do create the indictment cloud.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772

Hypereux: Station 9

To Stichelhaar [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent. We have already begun putting together options for our plan of attack.

Our first idea is, I think, rather elegant. The Grim are hoping to ransom the TELEPATH civilians on board the stations; we are planning on using their hostage exchange to launch several short-range stealth craft of our own design from the Grim's ship. These craft will circle to points on the station that we have determined are most likely to be undefended (based both on where on the station they will be receiving the ransom money and the blueprints that we are hoping to get from Britain and/or TELEPATH), and deploy infiltration specialists into the stations. These specialists will disable the bombs, either personally or by deploying localized EMP devices. They will then attempt to separate the hostages from the Blue Heaven terrorists, clearing the way for our more conventional military forces which will finish off the remaining terrorists, either by storming the sections of the station where they remain or by destroying them outright.

The second idea we had is more direct. We jam the Blue Heaven targeting systems for long enough to hit the station with an EMP device, then deploy forces to storm the station before the failing life support kills all the hostages. This one has, I think, a larger chance of failing to save the hostages, but has the advantage of immediately disposing of the explosives.

Of the two plans, I personally favor the first one, which I believe has less chance of things going wrong before we are able to EMP the station, but I would value your opinion.

As a side note, we are planning on using a few technologies in this assault that no one knows exist. We would prefer it if it stayed that way. I hope we can trust to your discretion in this matter.

To the Grim [PM: Side-Meeting at BHRC Conference]
    Spoiler
    Show

We understand that you are trying to get a loan of 3 ECO in order to ransom TELEPATH's population from Blue Heaven. We will supply this 3 ECO free of charge under the following circumstances. First, you must arrange for a large ship to approach the connected stations to collect the freed hostages and/or deliver the payment. Second, that ship must be crewed by S9S personnel. We want a ship of a size capable of launching several other ships. Negotiate passage with BH to get the ship as close to the stations as you can.

Do not worry; our planned operation will not interfere with your ransom payment. Blue Heaven should not even know that we are hitching a ride.

To TELEPATH [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly. I have two questions, then.

1) Do you have blueprints for your station that we might be able to borrow?

2) Do you have any forces that are not currently held hostage on the station?

To Britain [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

If it's not too much to ask, in addition to our request for the blueprints, we would also appreciate it if we could get a layout of the networks on Windsor and TELEPATH stations. Standard procedure has most systems partitioned so that one intruder can't seize control of the positional thrusters and things like that, but we were hoping that we could at least gain access to the security cameras somehow.

We would be willing to pay a small fee for the blueprints, if necessary. We do believe that they are critical to our planned operation. With their help, we should be able to remove the terrorists and put the station back in your hands very quickly.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To station 9 [PM: Side-Meeting at BHRC Conference]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well. We have a shuttle, and a VASIMAR transporter that we were planing to use to haul cargo to Mars, but this takes presedence. Just send us the corridinates to send the VASIMAR. We'll also send you the message from Blue Heaven.
    OOC; Feel free to read the post to blue heaven and the response

To Telepath and The Commonwealth of Australia (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've found a addtional source of funds for the ransom. We'll contact Blue heaven to notify them.

To Blue Heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have the money. We'll send a rocket that will be decomissioned and recycled afterwords to pick them up. The money will be on board the Rocket. Here are the ID codes it'll be broadcasting.
    OOC; Ya, I assume that rockets approching stations would have a transmited code to identify themselves, so....

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 6

Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately we do not have the t. econ. to spare. As it is, we find ourselves stretched thin between trying to support our own growth, continue developing technological innovation, and foreign aid.

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have 3 t. econ we can give this turn. How much t. esp do you think this will be a fair exchange for?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

to project earth[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    well, when cobra does something we generally go all the way so i think 6 ESP can be spared to aid you...but instead of co-opting them for you, would you be agreed to my subverting of their secret police to serve in my organization?

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

The Gaul Republic (Def Esp 6)

To Varunas (anyone can read...)

Spoiler
    Show
    A shuttle lands on Varunas Station. Two armed guards step out, followed by a man in dark red sunglasses wearing a black trenchcoat, black gloves, black boots, and carrying a silver case. Two more guards stepped out behind him, before the shuttle door closed.
    "My name is Albert Wesker. I am the Director of Scientific Operations for the Gaul Republic. And I am here to offer you a deal."
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Blue Heaven to the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will ransom their leadership as well for an additional 3 t.ECO worth of manufactured weapons and munitions. The decommissioned rocket carrying the total payment will be required to maintain a station-keeping orbit that takes it no closer than our operational security limit, where it will be boarded by our freedom fighters and inspected to confirm that you are not attempting to trick us. The hostages will be released according to our next available operational launch window after payment is confirmed on our ships, which will take them on various trajectories that should return them to Earth, the Hypereux League, or Cesky Transit Station. Once at these locations, you will be able to collect them yourselves."

Stichelhaar to Hypereux League (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sounds good, assuming they play along. Assuming they let the Grim ship get close enough that we can cross the distance without being seen. The EMP plan worries us a little; we'll need a pretty big blast to manage that, and we might not even succeed. Still, if we can't manage the first plan, it'll be a good back-up.

"As for the new tech, mum's the word. We always respect customer confidentiality, even when we're working pro bono."

PSA to World (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We have heard the request of the Utopia Project, and will act to secure their lands against foreign aggression. We encourage the soldiers of the Utopia Project to stand down and permit our entry, and hope that the nations of the world will accept these conditions."

PSA to Utopia Project (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In addition to our public request, we would also like to quietly request that your leadership permit itself to be taken into protective custody with our soldiers and national security agents. There are many in the United Kingdom who may take precipitous action simply to see you dead, and it is probable that the number will only rise as the fallout of your nuclear assault spreads across Europe. If you can be brought under our protection and secreted away, we should be able to protect you under the cloak of anonymity."

PSA to Project Earth (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are presently attempting to secure the leadership of the Utopia Project. Once we have done so, we would like to request that you prepare an international tribunal to determine their culpability for crimes against humanity, with the charges being the use of nuclear weaponry against the United Kingdom. We ask you because of your careful neutrality in the Hegemony conflict, as well as your sterling record in the manner of human rights. We also request that you pass this request along to the United Kingdom in private channels, so that they do not intervene in an unfortunate and precipitous manner that may prevent us from succeeding in our aim of seeing justice served."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth Esp Def 6

Blue Heaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should you go through with your threat, you will indeed cut off the people of earth from space, for years, perhaps indefinately. However, you will also trap the people currently in space from going back to earth. You will have a war on your hands againt every space fairing organization and nation. Surelly you understand that in order to fight against a much larger power, you must win the heart of the people. If you go through with this, you will lose what sympathizers you have.

PSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, we will pass the message along. Keep us updated.

UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Earth has two issues to discuss with you in private, one of which is the rebuilding of the UK on Earth. We understand that your focus is on the space stations right now, but it is important we speak to you of the other matter as well.

Cobra-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    In truth, their espionage is their greatest asset to our nation right now. As it stands, our espionage is a couple years behind where we would like it to be ideally. It is our hope that as we improve the lives of their people, in return we will gain a functional espionage that can compete with this media mogul and other ill elements in the world.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Barbarian in the Playground

Soviet Directorate
    World Broadcast
    "The Soviet Directorate, whilst finding the actions of Project Utopia and Blue Heaven despicable, has one more grievance to list amongst those mentioned here-- a private one, that has only recently come to light, and that we are willing to forward the veracity to any that so desire it! We have in our possession information that the Gaul Republic has, in a stunning turn of events, actively worked to, with no provocation and without any just cause, actively undermine and unleash undue sabotage towards the intellectual communities of the Soviet Directorate! For all their boasting and claims that the Directorate is the evil empire, it is their agents that were sent into the lands of the Directorate, and it was their agents that sought to abduct, assassinate, and otherwise subvert loyal Communists!"

There is a brief pause in the furious declaration, "Furthermore, the Soviet Directorate shall be moving that the International Task Force lay claim to what remains of Project Utopia's disgraced lands, in addition to the broken government of the Hegemony. We will be working to actively restore order and a proper, civilized, and effective government. A massive nuclear attack cannot go unaccounted for, any more than the espionage activities of the Gaul Republic. In showing that we are not monsters, however, we will not use this opportunity to declare the Gaul Republic an enemy to intellectualism across the globe. Instead, we will show our self-respect, our capacity to act above those that would use crude espionage and nuclear arms to pursue private agendas. We are calling upon the Gaul Republic to answer for its actions-- To tell us, to tell the entire world, why it saw fit to deploy agents overseas with the intent of acting maliciously on foreign soil, and why it would see fit to do so with agents that it equipped with deadly implants that kill the user. Ghastly murder devices that we, thankfully, were able to bypass before they could be activated!"

BSRC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Soviet representative would be a very sour-faced man, "While Soviet interests are not directly threatened, we thought it prudent that we show an interest in cooperation with the international community. To this end, we are willing to commit our orbital battleship to any operation that takes place regarding the deployment of any special operations teams. The singular firepower it possesses in space-based operations could likely prove invaluable. Provided, of course, we can have a measure of assurance that no untoward sabotage will take place on it."
    Last edited by Gunther; 2012-06-12 at 12:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Gaul Republic

In the Varunas Station....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Albert Wesker smiled and exchanged briefcases with the Varunas representative. "Thank you for doing business with us. In the future, we may seek further business ventures." Nodding again, he returned to the shuttle, escorted by his guards. The shuttle blasted off, heading back towards Earth.

At Project Earth's capital....
    A helicopter approached, flashing Gaul's diplomatic ID code. A trio of motorcycles slid out the back of the helicopter, headed towards Project Earth's capital building. There, Albert Wesker approached the building, taking a briefcase off of the bike. He showed his ID to the guards and entered, while his guards waited outside.

"Good evening. I am here to represent the interests of Gaul in an exchange and a partnership. We understand you have nanobot technology, and wish to acquire it. In return, we can offer you our own advancement in cybernetics. Furthermore, we wish work on a joint project, combining the two technologies to create an even more advanced cybernetics.

As it stands, it requires a lengthy surgery and recovery time after the cybernetics have been installed. Our hope, my hope, is that by using your nanotechnology, we can create less invasive and more refined cybernetic implants."

A message to Blue Haven via chatroom from JimmyBoy
    Spoiler
    Show
    JimmyBoy: If you sonofa bitches want humans outta space, then I encourage you mother****ers to take the first leap outta the airlocks.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.