New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

My mom just accused me of doing drugs... For being pale. And because she smelled something burnt (I can't for the life of me imagine what smelled burnt, though).

I found an old, unused aluminum workbench in the closet though. I don't know what I could/will use it for, but at the very least it'll make for interesting furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Best reaction right there! *joins chain hug explosion*

Also I think I'm gonna stick with the line in my sig. I wrote it and I'm very fond of it, and it's quite me. If not, I might stick the Pisces symbol as the end.
    You wrote that? Oh, you should definitely keep it then. I'm terrible at appreciating poetry and it even moves me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    No, you were right.

[Length]
    Spoiler
    Show
    the trouble is that, on the surface, suh an argument feels about the same as saying "if you stop having a problem with things, there won't be a problem anymore."

On the one ho... Haha, I am reintegrating the patterns, neat. On the one hand, it's true; If you are monogymous then any self-defining feature which requires you to be unfaithful - and for a lot of people, it seems, looking, thinking, wondering are all signs of unfaithful behavior if not unfaithful behaviors in themselves - would probably be best. That's what is meant by meeting in the middle, and putting the relationship first. Any of your wants which get in the way of the relationship's needs are generally considered fair sacrifices for the greater good.

On the other hand though, self definition is important. People should never sacrifice themselves to their relationship. At what point is it self-destructive? at what point would the constraints of fidelity become sort of a passive-aggressive lock on the proverbial closet? There is a lot of societal and social pressure to have the Perfect Relationship. I find it rather unhealthy myself.

How does one balance these? By their nature they are two separate, equally important issues. But because thy come up together, they are put on the same scale, made mutually exclusive. Any amount of self definition becomes an argument for that much less relationship, and vice versa. The 'correct' answer in my eyes is to view a relationship as more than its sum, such that the better off the individuals, the stronger the relationship is. Two well-defined, confident people in a relationship should still have an equally stable, valid and loving relationship, but the common associations with self and loving seem to arbitrate this... This capacity, from which one draws their worth. If one partner draws too much worth it legislates less worth onto the other person.

It feels like that whole Stormwind fallacy is applied to love by society at large
    Well, that's not exactly what I meant... It's a good set of points, though. *Hugs*

I was just referring to attraction and how it doesn't just disappear when you marry someone (assuming, of course, that there aren't cases where it does - I haven't heard of any, but I can't say it doesn't happen).

Maybe I actually should get more sleep, though. >.>

I have the strangest hair. Unlike most curly hair, it is incredibly thick, and also durable. Unlike most thick hair, it is incredibly curly. Hair curls because the follicle is eliptical; the more oval the hole, the more he hair bends as it is passed through. Thick hair isn't supposed to curl nearly as much... And yet it does. A trimmed lock once survived almost 48 hours immersed in hydrogen peroxide, as opposed to the less than 24 of all my classmates...

I'm inordinately proud of my hair, too. It's apparently an Irish trait, which is somewhat awkard to bring up due to past discussions with KenderWizard (;P) but that made my day when I was a wee sprat. Up until this whole facial hair thing; it works rather well. It looks good. But it feels terribly unhygienic. And recently, I have never felt quite so ugly as when waking up, rolling over, and having mustache hairs bristle against my pillow

I'm remarkably vain, considering how unkempt I am.
    *Hugs* I have similar problems with my beard hairs sometimes... They've ruined more than one perfectly good afternoon-that-I-regard-as-a-morning-because-that's-when-I-happen-to-wake-up. *More hugs*

I do really like the hair on my scalp, though. It's really thick and kinda wavy, and the color's like a mixture of most every other color found in hair (there's even a slight greyish tint somehow). ^_^

(... I'm thinking about manually removing the frizziest ones, though... It looks just fine at 5 feet, but the closer I get to a mirror the more it looks like I got hit with lightning... >.>)

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

So I've found the best way to get the best of both genders, being who I want to be when I want to be is to take advantage of a stage identity. With that, I can wear whatever I want, what makeup I want to wear, etc.

It's pretty convenient, because it's just another me.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

I'm fond of just showing up to work in a skirt now and then.

Okay, I haven't done that.

But I totally would if I owned a skirt that met uniform requirements.
    Last edited by golentan; 2012-04-14 at 01:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    My mom just accused me of doing drugs... For being pale. And because she smelled something burnt (I can't for the life of me imagine what smelled burnt, though).
    ~Bianca
    *Looks at skin, looks around at room illuminated by skin's paleness*

Everything makes a lot more sense now. O_O

On showing up in unexpected clothing, I wish togas were more acceptable day-to-day wear. Not that skirts are not nice alternatives to pants, but I was expecting a lot more random togas from our High-School equivalent. :3

Or maybe an alot of random togas! X3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    This has not been a good year so far. But at least now I feel like I'm getting better instead of just standing still.
    *hugs* But good to hear that things are moving forward.
    I may not be posting as much for the next few weeks. Borrowed an old computer game from my brother.
    The old ones are the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    HELL YA!

I feel great! I just told my parents and they are supportive of me.

Gosh it feel good not to hide it anymore .

Thank you everyone! *Starts massive group hug*
    Yay! Congratulations!
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

6. - Top - End - #66

I learned something today - brushes are way better for applying shampoo than combs.

... The soap, however, seems to be drying out my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I'm fond of just showing up to work in a skirt now and then.

Okay, I haven't done that.

But I totally would if I owned a skirt that met uniform requirements.
    I approve of everything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post

... My god, we're walking madness emitters. @_@

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

7. - Top - End - #67

Yay for everyone! *hugs 6 people at once, cause*

@Arachu: You use a comb to apply shampoo? Explain!
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

It can be a good way to ensure it gets on all your hair before rinsing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Feh, and I suppose your hair is red, too?

Your pale skin pales (pun) in comparison to my pale skin!
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

10. - Top - End - #70

My paleness could beat up your paleness!

... And my hair's got some red in it, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Yay for everyone! *hugs 6 people at once, cause*

@Arachu: You use a comb to apply shampoo? Explain!
    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    It can be a good way to ensure it gets on all your hair before rinsing.
    Indeed. It's also useful for avoiding damage (things can go horribly, horribly wrong if you massage your scalp the wrong way with long, wet hair ).

The brush, however, has a larger surface area - and it makes the shampoo make foam better! It's also easier to clean the brush afterward. ^_^

... And now that it's dried somewhat, I find that it makes the hair even more soft than either other approach does. It's like... It's like my head's covered in silk.

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Hello again, thread. I've been absent for a bit, but now I'm back.

A belated welcome to the newcomers, *hugs* for anyone who wants them and especially for those who're feeling down

Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    HELL YA!

I feel great! I just told my parents and they are supportive of me.
    Gosh it feel good not to hide it anymore .
    Thank you everyone! *Starts massive group hug*
    Congratulations! I'm glad you found the determination to tell your parents, and doubly glad that they're supportive
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

You wrote that? Oh, you should definitely keep it then. I'm terrible at appreciating poetry and it even moves me.

~Bianca
    Wow, thanks a lot! I didn't know it was that good. (and then LGBTitP is just below that...)

Some are born gay. Others have gayness thrust within upon them. Either way they were given no say in the matter.

On pale=drugie: I wanted to get tan so I could look like my Colombian father's side of the family. Does this mean I look MORE like a drugie? Also, apparently having the Mona Lisa as your iPod background is also a drugie thing... Well...
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

13. - Top - End - #73

Hmmph. You redheads think you have a monopoly on pale skin? I'll have you know that us blondes can pale just as well as you can! I even had a nickname in school because of how pale I was! Well, the parts of me that aren't mildly tanned, at least. The tops of my arms are just regular pale, but then I turn them over and suddenly I'm paler than, ummmm, something which is known for being extremely pale. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Others have gayness thrust within upon them.
    Oh... oh my. I'm quite scandalised.

14. - Top - End - #74

This thread is full of vampires. Awesome roman vampires.

I'll be sitting over here with this sharp stick :P
    She can swing from a web

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

I am also very pale! *wants attention!*

We got some sunshine once. I remember it well. The small, pale sun showed its face from behind the clouds and people wailed and cowered in the shadows. We were, as is our custom, wearing clothes as though we have seasons, although in truth we only have two very similar seasons; long-days-warm-rain and short-days-cold-rain. As it happened this came to pass when others would call it "spring", which is the start of long-days-warm-rain, so people were wearing skirts and tshirts and such, tho' it cause them to tremble and turn faintly blue. So when this sunlight came and people ventured into the light to play and eat icecream without having to shelter the icecream from the rain, our snow white skin did glow, and it is said that the glare from the sun off our skin blinded birds and at least one pilot. It lasted four days of chaos and people will rank it among the great unexplained natural disasters that came to pass, along with Those Two Years We Actually Got Real Snow That Was Cold And Not Slushy And The Whole Country Shut Down.

Seriously, when all you ever get is different kinds of rain and wind and sometimes a sort of weak cloudy sunshine (that causes people to say things like "It's scorching out!" and go around in shorts and sandals), you get really impressed by, y'know, weather. And we don't get hurricanes, blizzards, heatwaves, tsunamis, earthquakes, or, in fact, anything remotely dangerous at all, so stuff like Snow! and Sunlight! is as exciting as it gets!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Yes, it's best to be cautious. Could you imagine if anything bad happened that day?
    I don't really understand! Something bad already happened -- the boat sank! Is that the joke? Or do you mean imagine if my body chose that day to be particularly faint-y or something?

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

16. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

My mom made me and my sister take drug tests because "we were looking paler, and she smelled a skunk, and her friend in the FBI said marijuana smells like skunk." We found the skunks body the next day and she still won't apologize for not trusting us. Probably just another reason for not coming out.

~
    Last edited by Qaera; 2012-04-14 at 06:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

I unfortunately do not resemble the thundering Aesir, no. I'm quite blonde, pretty common in Denmark. Haven't met many with red hair here, sadly. T_T

My skin pales indeed, so I should be either a ljósálfar or a ghost by now! Boo!

Which should tell you that I am both a mythology geek and a great Dane. Wøøf! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    This thread is full of vampires. Awesome roman vampires.

I'll be sitting over here with this sharp stick :P
    What if they are the Van Helsing type? They don't all die from pointy sticks!

Not that I am trying to make you put it away or anything, no no. Spider-humanoids wouldn't even taste good even if I was a vampire!
    >_>
    <_<
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

On showing up in unexpected clothing, I wish togas were more acceptable day-to-day wear. Not that skirts are not nice alternatives to pants, but I was expecting a lot more random togas from our High-School equivalent. :3

Or maybe an alot of random togas! X3

No just no. As someone that has worn togas several times I can tell you that they are a bloody bother and I avoid them as much as I can now.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    My mom made me and my sister take drug tests because "we were looking paler, and she smelled a skunk, and her friend in the FBI said marijuana smells like skunk." We found the skunks body the next day and she still won't apologize for not trusting us. Probably just another reason for not coming out.

~
    Skunk is a type of weed. I know what weed smells like and it is actually quite nice.

But I'm weird :P I like the smell of leaf mold because it reminds me of bats.
    She can swing from a web

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

My paleness could beat up your paleness!

... And my hair's got some red in it, too!

Indeed. It's also useful for avoiding damage (things can go horribly, horribly wrong if you massage your scalp the wrong way with long, wet hair ).

The brush, however, has a larger surface area - and it makes the shampoo make foam better! It's also easier to clean the brush afterward. ^_^

... And now that it's dried somewhat, I find that it makes the hair even more soft than either other approach does. It's like... It's like my head's covered in silk.

~Bianca
    You have such lovely hair... *murmurs*

-----

I'm rather pale as well, but I quite like my skin and it's rather smooth too.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-04-14 at 09:01 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm very pale too! My face and part of my arms are kind of more normal because I live in a place of lots of sun (and heat, sadly). But my legs and the bottom of my arms are said to glow in the dark.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Seriously, when all you ever get is different kinds of rain and wind and sometimes a sort of weak cloudy sunshine (that causes people to say things like "It's scorching out!" and go around in shorts and sandals), you get really impressed by, y'know, weather. And we don't get hurricanes, blizzards, heatwaves, tsunamis, earthquakes, or, in fact, anything remotely dangerous at all, so stuff like Snow! and Sunlight! is as exciting as it gets!
    While my local experiences with weather are on a much less... bland scale, I am able to sympathize with you. Here, it is basically just 'fog, fog, fog, oh hey look, some clou- oh wait, nope, that is just more fog'. Except when London steals all the good fog, and the temperature hits around 75°, which is a heat wave basically. Yeah. I like the fog, but... jeez.

Oh, right, hello there everybody! >_>

Oh, and more on the current topic, I am quite happy with my olive-y skin. My father's Mediterranean roots really show. Oh, and I like my hair too.
    It is a sort of dirty blond, and everyone says it is incredibly soft. I am actually planning to go get it trimmed today, so it will start growing again. Right now it is just at the length where I can not pull my bangs back into a ponytail with the rest of my hair, so it hangs down in my face no matter what.
    Last edited by MilesTiden; 2012-04-14 at 08:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooo weather if there is anything an Icelander knows it's weather. I would kill for bland weather. You say you have the same weather for more then 10 minutes at a time? INCONCEIVABLE! I've been up for about 7 hours now and in that time we've had rain, fog, hail, fog, rain, snow, windy, rain, sun, cloudy, rain, hail, rain and now sunny. The temperature has also gone randomly up and down between 0°C and 10°C.

This is why I want to move to the UK I hear you guys have mostly rain and 10°C over there which is perfect.

And miss Wizard as for the Irish weather it sounds like Dylan Moran wasn't exaggerating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QccLy8498yg
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-14 at 09:00 AM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

24. - Top - End - #84

I have literally, at one point, gone from completely clear skies to thunderstorming to hailing to slightly overcast then blistering in 10 minutes. Nor Cal has weird weather sometimes. Although, this was technically when I lived in San Jose.

Also, an amusing phenomenom that occurs literally right at the edge of the town. As soon as you cross the town lines into Pacifica (AKA 'The City of Fog'), it suddenly becomes exceedingly foggy. This happens because the city line ends on top of a large hill, by the beach, so all the fog just sort of... stays there, covering the whole town. I still find it amusing, at least.
    Last edited by MilesTiden; 2012-04-14 at 09:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTiden View Post
    I have literally, at one point, gone from completely clear skies to thunderstorming to hailing to slightly overcast then blistering in 10 minutes. Nor Cal has weird weather sometimes. Although, this was technically when I lived in San Jose.
    Yup stuff like that happens all the time here. You really can't look out the window and determine that's going to be the weather a few minutes from now and it's why we like to laugh at tourists that try and predict the weather (and tourists that insist on using umbrellas. Hah good luck with that mate. Rain falling straight down from the sky, yeah like that's going to happen! Rain goes sideways and upwards here not to mention the random strong winds that like to play havoc with people).
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-14 at 09:12 AM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Yesterday I was standing in the sunlight, heat searing my back, and staring at the huuuge, dark storm clouds giving minute long reports of thunder ahead of me.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Yesterday I was standing in the sunlight, heat searing my back, and staring at the huuuge, dark storm clouds giving minute long reports of thunder ahead of me.
    Oh my gawd, I foundeded a Lixie. *stares*

I have gotten no sleep. At all. I feel all light and floaty! I love dru- wait, this is sleep deprivation, not drugs. I get those mixed up a lot. I do feel that the fossil is quite an interesting cuddletato. Mmm, now I am craving tacos... I should stop posting before my level of insanity reaches critical mass. Toodleoo! Heheh. Toodleoo sounds funny.

*defenestrates self*
    Last edited by MilesTiden; 2012-04-14 at 10:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I've seen stuff like that here, too. And there was that one time that it rained on my house for a month, but going to the other end of the street it was perfectly clear...

Edit:

Miles, why did you throw yourself out a window? That's not going to help you sleep, unless you count unconsciousness as sleeping...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-14 at 10:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I've seen stuff like that here, too. And there was that one time that it rained on my house for a month, but going to the other end of the street it was perfectly clear...

Edit:

Miles, why did you throw yourself out a window? That's not going to help you sleep, unless you count unconsciousness as sleeping...
    My arteries are the only barrier standing between me and sleep. At least, thas whst the voices in my head told me. They speak with Morgan Freeman's voice. I should deprive myself of sleep more often...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I don't really understand! Something bad already happened -- the boat sank! Is that the joke? Or do you mean imagine if my body chose that day to be particularly faint-y or something?
    I mean imagine a better plan. It's easy. It's literally anything else.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.