New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    This is a bit bizarre, but I seem to be perpetually 21 minutes from my next first win of the day.
    Erm, I believe the FWotD counter goes hh:mm:ss, so that's 21 hours from your next first win bonus. The minutes seem to count down accurately what how yuo said your time was taken up.
    Homebrew Monster Classes:
    Arcadian Avenger|Thorn|Marrash|Justice Archon

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    This is a bit bizarre, but I seem to be perpetually 21 minutes from my next first win of the day.
    Check back again in an hour, you'll only be 20 minutes away!

Assuming you're not troll posting (a la Yahoo! Answers), FWotD cycles every 22 hours, as opposed to 24 hours as you would have intuitively thought.

Anyway, Varus: worth the buy? I'm sitting on 22k IP ... the past few releases since Ahri haven't been very inspiring.

Fiora is pretty annoying though. She somehow reminds me the old Jax concept: the perfect anti-AA hero.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
    Anyway, Varus: worth the buy? I'm sitting on 22k IP ... the past few releases since Ahri haven't been very inspiring.
    Supposedly Varus is pretty strong (but then aren't all new releases?) so if you like the concept feel free to buy him.

I'm sitting on 16k IP but Varus isn't my style... I'm eyeing Cassiopeia.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gellert View Post
    Considering your avatar is of Orochimaru...
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

A hard question to answer. He's a strong champ, I feel. Good poke in lane, very nice utility from E and R. The %-based damage is magical and a bit fiddly to actually proc, but 15% of max health is a pretty huge chunk regardless. His AoE damage is alright, but not remarkable. He also lacks a real steroid (40% AS on assist/kill is pretty meh), has no dash/blink move and relies heavily on landing a good ult and positioning to not die horribly in teamfights. On the other hand, when he does land a good ult, he is absolutely devastating. I've scored two quadrakills to date on him.

Worth the buy? For me he has been.
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Worth the buy? For me he has been.
    What types of supports would you say he syncs well with? I've been tempted by him for a while, along with Lulu, but i'm not sure I want to burn the IP just yet.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    What types of supports would you say he syncs well with? I've been tempted by him for a while, along with Lulu, but i'm not sure I want to burn the IP just yet.
    Janna is pretty good for keeping him alive. Just don't treat it as a kill lane. Shield can be alright if you plan on just poking people out of lane with your Q.

Soraka is great, since she can let Varus basically harass indiscriminately throughout the laning phase.

My favorite is actually Nidalee. Between Javelin Toss and Piercing Shot, you can pretty much blast through most supports ability to keep their AD carry in lane and zone them out pretty aggressively.

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Janna is pretty good for keeping him alive. Just don't treat it as a kill lane. Shield can be alright if you plan on just poking people out of lane with your Q.

Soraka is great, since she can let Varus basically harass indiscriminately throughout the laning phase.

My favorite is actually Nidalee. Between Javelin Toss and Piercing Shot, you can pretty much blast through most supports ability to keep their AD carry in lane and zone them out pretty aggressively.
    Would Alistar be a good one to lane with Varus as well? I think his CC and general tankiness could do well there.

In other news, can't stop playing ARAB and ARAM games, mostly ARAB.

Spoiler
    Show

All shall fear the cow!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Would Alistar be a good one to lane with Varus as well? I think his CC and general tankiness could do well there.

In other news, can't stop playing ARAB and ARAM games, mostly ARAB.

Spoiler
    Show

All shall fear the cow!
    I played Alistar/Varus bot and we kicked tush. I didn't really do much supporting, mostly just AP Alistar build with CDR.

ION: I just bot Eve and Karma and I like both of them a lot. I'm thinking about trying the apparently legendary "Tank Eve" just for the giggles, and I've been trying to get better with Karma. I know she's fairly underrated but anyone have tips anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

10. - Top - End - #760

Well derp, that should teach me to read more carefully. I said twenty minutes and not twenty hours because I remember getting my last FWotD around 1:00 AM on Saturday, so my next one should have been around 11:00 PM Sunday, so when I saw 21:something remaining on the timer, I assumed minutes and not hours, because that's what it should be showing. Anyways, I didn't get the 150 IP on either win, so something funny is going on with it.

Well this is embarrassing. Somehow I didn't notice, because I thought my FWotD wouldn't be up yet. I blame my cold.
    Last edited by dgnslyr; 2012-05-21 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I played Alistar/Varus bot and we kicked tush. I didn't really do much supporting, mostly just AP Alistar build with CDR.

ION: I just bot Eve and Karma and I like both of them a lot. I'm thinking about trying the apparently legendary "Tank Eve" just for the giggles, and I've been trying to get better with Karma. I know she's fairly underrated but anyone have tips anyway?
    Karma...RoA/Cap/Revolver with CDR Boots or Sorcs (can run DFG). You want CDR since that affects your Mantra Regeneration and you really want those Mantra'd Soul Shields. Build a tad tanky and you're good to go.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #762

You thought ARAB and ARAM were fun? Give ARAM Dominion a try!

First team to get 200 kills with nothing but jungle fighting wins.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just hit 6300 ip for the first time in a while.

Time to consider what champion to purchase next. Mostly just thinking out loud.

I own 33 champions. Alistar Amumu Anivia Annie Ashe Caitlyn Cho'Gath Mundo Ezreal Galio Garen Janna Karma Katarina Kayle Kennen Leona Lux Yi Morganna Nasus Nunu Orianna Poppy Ryze Singed Sivir Sona Soraka Tristana Trynd Xin Zilean.

AP Cary: Anivia, Annie, Kennen, Lux, Morganna, Orianna, Ryze
    AD Carry: Ashe, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Sivir, Tristana
    Support: Alistar, Janna, Karma, Sona, Soraka, Zilean
    Tank: Amumu, Galio, Leona
    Tanky-DPS: Cho'Gath, Mundo, Garen, Yi, Nasus, Nunu, Singed, Trynd, Xin
    Not sure how to classify: Katarina, Kayle, Poppy

6300 and 4800 champs that I am even remotely interested in:

Lulu, Ziggs, Ahri, Graves, Xerath, Brand, Kog'Maw, Vlad.

Lulu would be nice to round out my large selection of Supports. Haven't gotten a chance to play her yet though.

Ziggs, Ahri, Xerath, Brand, and Vlad are all good choices for yet another AP Carry. Not sure if I need another though.

Kog'Maw might be nice.

Brand I am mostly interested in due to his sheer power I have seen on others hands.

I am really unsure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    AP Cary: Anivia, Annie, Kennen, Lux, Morganna, Orianna, Ryze
    AD Carry: Ashe, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Sivir, Tristana
    Support: Alistar, Janna, Karma, Sona, Soraka, Zilean
    Tank: Amumu, Galio, Leona
    Tanky-DPS: Cho'Gath, Mundo, Garen, Yi, Nasus, Nunu, Singed, Trynd, Xin
    Not sure how to classify: Katarina, Kayle, Poppy

6300 and 4800 champs that I am even remotely interested in:

Lulu, Ziggs, Ahri, Graves, Xerath, Brand, Kog'Maw, Vlad.
    Don't forget that Kog can be played as an AP mid, Lulu can be played AP mid or AS-onhit top, and both Vlad and Graves can easily fit in two different lanes with the same build. I feel like you'd have more fun with Lulu or Kog than the others, but then I don't own most of the others.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-05-21 at 02:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    Varus' mana costs are on the high side, so Soraka works very nicely. Sona works pretty well thanks to the devastating CC combo. Leona, Blitzcrank and Alistar too, for similar reasons.
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

Varus works well with pretty much any support, so long as you work together. One of the more unusual combinations I've tried was with Zilean, but it was amazingly effective - the combined CC allowed us to dominate the lane, and I could alternate between being aggressive with bombs and slows on the enemy, and making sure that when they pushed back (or ganked) I could help him escape with speedups and resurrections.
    Other than that, yeah, anyone who can pin down enemies for Varus' skillshots, or who can just keep him topped up with mana and health (especially mana) is of great value for him.

Does raise a question about Zilean, though. I've been rockin' the Chronokeeper a bit lately, what do others think of him? Worth the effort or not really all that impressive as AD supports go?
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

17. - Top - End - #767

Guys.

Varus Amumu bot lanes.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

For once, nobody rages at playing Karma as a mix of AP and support instead of flat support, with ALL the gold! including seals and quints.
    It works.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-05-21 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Guys.

Varus Amumu bot lanes.
    Gotta HaunterDodge all the killing blows.

Guided AP Amumissle

Mafia Varus puts the Wack out on you.

Lanesmite OP

20. - Top - End - #770
    Orc in the Playground

Amumu works with damn near anyone. :) Melee to shred a target's MR and then his despair, to say nothing of his other offensive abilities. And of course his disables to let your team come in at the right time and clean up kills. He's fantastically fun, I completely understand why for such a long time he was one of the champions who was instantly blocked in draft matches.

I still chuckle remembering a blind pick match I played with friends. I was Amumu, and the others were Rammus, Singed, Cho'Gath and Mordekaiser. Team Tank. When the game started, a member of the other team said flatly: "You have got to be kidding me."
    I think we had less than half a dozen deaths on the team by the time they surrendered. Completely trollish and would NEVER work in draft, but hilarious fun nonetheless. :D
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

yes to Cass. She is just below Morgana in my favourite AP carries list. Mainly because Morg has easy farm mode button.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

yes to Cass. She is just below Morgana in my favourite AP carries list. Mainly because Morg has easy farm mode button.
    ...and Cass doesn't?
    delete Teemo.

23. - Top - End - #773

Huh, just read the last JoJ entry, and 2 things:

1) Dat Conspiracy. Both interesting way to introduce an in-story end to the JoJ, and to keep the lore exciting... although it may be just as silly, too. Also, I REALLY feel they are going to need a map with special Noxian and Demacian minions to reflect a real war... maybe a Hero Arena?

2) Dat Swain outfit on the first page. That better become a skin soon!
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    2) Dat Swain outfit on the first page. That better become a skin soon!
    Yup, it's going to.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by J.Gellert; 2012-05-22 at 10:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #775

After D-Town, N-Game, and Iownya, Area of Defect brings you yet another locale of Valoran.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    ...and Cass doesn't?
    Not quite as easily, no; Tormented Soil does its damage faster than Miasma/Noxious Blast and in a significantly wider AoE. If you drop it in exactly the right spot (and the minions cooperate in where they wind up when the waves meet) you can harvest the melees and the mages with the same cast. I don't think Cass can do that unless she manages to get the line to get tangled up crossing a Miasma so they stand in it for most/all of its duration.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup, it's going to.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, that skin looks badass, but that bird... 'dat bird just looks fugly. I mean, why don't they make it a hawk or something? Hell, take it a step further and have the hawk be made of the same or similar animation of his E with that pulsating black and green energy? I'm sorry, but that bird just looks derp to me.

Although, it does want me to play Swain again (the skin, not the bird).
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-05-22 at 12:47 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #778

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    It makes me want to unlock the character, and I hate Swain, and it's going to be super-expensive...

But I'm probably unlocking Cassiopeia in the meantime And maybe Ashe once they re-skin her next patch. Time to try a ranged AD, no?

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Ok, that skin looks badass, but that bird... 'dat bird just looks fugly. I mean, why don't they make it a hawk or something? Hell, take it a step further and have the hawk be made of the same or similar animation of his E with that pulsating black and green energy? I'm sorry, but that bird just looks derp to me.

Story. This skin is a "canonical" skin.
    That bird is important.

30. - Top - End - #780

Thumbs up Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

That skin... I'm in love with it. And the bird looks fine to me, although I do wonder how his bird transformed (will that be explained?)

Now if I could just get back my Swain groove... Well, heck, for that matter, if I am going to start playing again, any groove I had in general.

Also Reina, any ballpark for when the patch will come out? Or, at least, what specifically has caused the need for delay?

(To note, some poster on the forums mentioned Darius 1v4 without being fed, which I doubt, but if so, I'd be kind of interested in knowing what did it. Right now, I know Morello mentioned an extreme bell curve from super-powered mid to falling off late. Heck, I should consider looking into the PBE sometime...)
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.