New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Well, that was interesting: just finished a game as support nunu with solo top vayne, cassiopeia mid, lee sin jungle, and a kogmaw who DCed until I was almost level 6.

I survived the first several minutes, farming the lane. Kog reconnected, and we proceeded to farm several kills.

Later in the game, I went to stop a Tryndamere splitpush while my team pushed top. He wanted to kill me.
    He tower-dove.
    I had stacked armor and ice balls. It did not go well for him. I ended the game 2/1/20

So, yeah, starts as a 4v5, ends VERY satisfactorily.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    Well, that was interesting: just finished a game as support nunu with solo top vayne, cassiopeia mid, lee sin jungle, and a kogmaw who DCed until I was almost level 6.

I survived the first several minutes, farming the lane. Kog reconnected, and we proceeded to farm several kills.

Later in the game, I went to stop a Tryndamere splitpush while my team pushed top. He wanted to kill me.
    He tower-dove.
    I had stacked armor and ice balls. It did not go well for him. I ended the game 2/1/20

So, yeah, starts as a 4v5, ends VERY satisfactorily.
    Time for a...
    Spoiler
    Show

Played a game with Mundo where I solo'd bottom (why? Because my team was THAT dumb.) Our WW DC'd at lvl 3 and didn't come back for the rest of the game. The first time I went back to base I bought CR Boots and 2 Warmogs. The rest of the game I was the scariest player you have ever seen. Running straight into teamfights while on fire and making everyone bail.

I carried my team to victory with 9/0/17
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Bug

After character select, when I'm loading in a game, I will frequently crash out. This seems to happen regularly if I have Firefox open with Youtube playing and I alt-tab out while loading. It has happened when I just had Firefox open and did not alt-tab.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Bug

After character select, when I'm loading in a game, I will frequently crash out. This seems to happen regularly if I have Firefox open with Youtube playing and I alt-tab out while loading. It has happened when I just had Firefox open and did not alt-tab.
    This sounds like an environment/system issue and not an actual bug, seemingly related to resource problems. This is especially true as the repro steps you've given don't repro it on other machines.
    I'm sorry.

To clarify a couple things:
    Bugs are: An expected behavior conditionally does not occur OR an expected consistency among a specific design pattern suddenly stops occurring. The conditions are not tied to resources outside of the expected range of the application.

So, "The game fails when another application eats memory" or "The game fails when I lose internet connection" are not bugs.
    Of course, "I disconnected, reconnected, and then everything was disco" would be a bug.

And another big factor to all of this:

The repro steps are VERY important. If a bug cannot be reproduced, then the source of the issue can't be found.
    With a game this mature, most bugs most be fixed by an engineer going "Well, that's odd. Maybe it's because of X? *changes X*. *Attempts repro steps* (Nope | Yep)." Repeat until "Yep".

So without consistent reproduction steps, the whole process flies out the window and the bug never gets addressed. (Exception to "obvious bugs")

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Reina, do any Riot staff keep a list of bugs that are public knowledge somewhere on the forums? I understand why that might not be the case for some of the more problematic bugs (e.g. double viktor ult), but there are likely a lot of relatively harmless bugs and it is hard to know if they've already been brought to Riot's attention.
    We don't keep public log of bugs. Our bug tracker is very transparent internally and very engineering, so it can have a LOT of information in it even for the most minor of bugs. It would require someone tasked to keep that list interpreted safely for public view.
    There are player made lists however.

It will take me a bit to look in to these and figure out which ones are new or not.
    Thank you all thus far.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    Of course, "I disconnected, reconnected, and then everything was disco" would be a bug.
    Bug:

This is not in my signature.

Can I take steps to fix this?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Sweet giant space monkey-balls do I hate laning against AP 'Raka. Wanna harass? LOLNO Wanna trade? LOLNO Wanna push? LOLNO
    Truth resists simplicity.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Sweet giant space monkey-balls do I hate laning against AP 'Raka. Wanna harass? LOLNO Wanna trade? LOLNO Wanna push? LOLNO
    Solution: Be a snake
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Mundo mid is so weird.

I prefer other lanes, so I can (at least partially) bushcamp, but it seems to work alright. My tankiness let me survive Veig's burst as well as Shaco's ganks fairly easily and I was able to keep Veig from farming easily with Q harass. I got CS I couldn't easily reach with more Qs.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Bug:

This is not in my signature.

Can I take steps to fix this?
    I would be honored!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Results with Rumble so far: lost lane miserably to Vlad, lost lane miserably to another Rumble, won lane vs an Udyr after losing early, lost lane miserably vs a Tryndamere.

I think there's a reason I mostly play support and jungle. <_< Need moar practice.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

I am 5 IP away from 6300, and yet there's nothing I really want to buy (except for skins, 'cause, ya know, skins!)

Oh well, might as well wait until this Varus chap is released to see if I'd want to play him (by the looks of what he is, probably not).
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    Speaking of Disco.. can't even begin to suggest how to reproduce, but another one for the 'visual effects persisting' pile: AI game, Sona was present. Visual effects of Sona's aura stuck around and stacked, resulting in a pretty glowy color-wheel surrounding her everywhere.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Speaking of Disco.. can't even begin to suggest how to reproduce, but another one for the 'visual effects persisting' pile: AI game, Sona was present. Visual effects of Sona's aura stuck around and stacked, resulting in a pretty glowy color-wheel surrounding her everywhere.
    It also kills the FPS of those of us without good computers.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Ok, seriously, what is with that pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    What ISN'T with that pic? I think it's pretty dang awesome to be honest.
    What Techno said. The pic is awesome.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of FPS, there is a problem with Graves cloud, where the FPS drops sharply the second I step in it (or he throws it at me). I'm actually not that affected, 'cause 30 FPS is still playable, but a friend of mine drops down to single digits. But I am fairly certain it's not because of glitch, but the large processing power needed for his cloud (for some reason or other). Because it get's worse the more stuff I have running in the background, and people with better graphic cards then me don't experience it that hard.
    Now, after typing all this, I'm not sure if I wanted to ask you something about this, or what, so I'm going to leave it like this until I remember.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

16. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Rule 34: I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Scarra says that if you take a specific number of MR runes you cannot lose to Cass as Soraka. Obviously you require a specific runepage at that point, but still, in theory... Soraka beats everyone.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Scarra says that if you take a specific number of MR runes you cannot lose to Cass as Soraka. Obviously you require a specific runepage at that point, but still, in theory... Soraka beats everyone.
    Was that before or after they adjusted the MR runes to be less superior to the AP ones?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Was that before or after they adjusted the MR runes to be less superior to the AP ones?
    Before the nerfs. The point is that he had a specific MR number. I suppose it does throw all the theorycrafting into wack, but the point is that there was and probably still is a very real way to beat Cass with Soraka. Which is why Soraka is a terrible hero who needs to be nerfed.

Redemption! After SEVEN straight losses in Ranked and plummenting into the dreaded 1200 elo rating I have won my last two games. EXTRA REDEMPTION: I played Vlad and won. My vlad rating is still terrible (40%?) but Its getting up there. Thoughts: Pushing as vlad is good, pushing as vlad when you know the enemy can kill you and you don't have summoners is dumb. Furthermore: Vlad v Olaf is a good matchup for Vlad if you rush a Giant's Belt, play back, and try to force Olaf to push.

More thoughts: I wish they would fix GP so that he was good again. Like, they could lower his supportive aspects on his E and his R (IE raise the cooldown), even adjust his slow, so long as I can play that wonderful Q+spam solo top king. As it is, the only "oldschool" tankydps that is really viable top is probably Udyr. WW and J4 are making a comeback, and I love to play WW against certain matchups, but I always get really afraid that I'll get countered. At least I know I can beat Teemo and Renekton if I play properly.

Final thought: My Galio is again in the "good" rating, where I am sure I can play almost any matchup, middle or top as galio and do acceptable. I'm still afraid of Udyr and Vlad because of their early-game ability to punish Galio in top lane, but really, he's such a strong laner and a solid tank/mage that it seems to me there is really no reason to not play him.

Only problem: there are no good "health" items for Galio to buy besides Kindlegem/shurelias. Spirit Visage is alright I guess, but honestly, you don't really need it that much. Its really only good on WW and probably Vlad in certain matchups.

20. - Top - End - #80

Only problem: there are no good "health" items for Galio to buy besides Kindlegem/shurelias. Spirit Visage is alright I guess, but honestly, you don't really need it that much. Its really only good on WW and probably Vlad in certain matchups.
    If you're there primarily to soak damage and your own damage potential is entirely an afterthought, Spirit Visage is not a weak item on Mundo.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground

Banshee's Veil, then? It gives a good chunk of health and MR, makes breaking his ult a bit harder, and builds out of a Catalyst for that extra lane dominance to boot. It's really everything the bat-rock-man could want out of a defensive item.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Banshee's Veil, then? It gives a good chunk of health and MR, makes breaking his ult a bit harder, and builds out of a Catalyst for that extra lane dominance to boot. It's really everything the bat-rock-man could want out of a defensive item.
    Bveil Requires Catalyst. Catalyst+Chalice is silly, so you probably only want Catalyst. This makes you either VERY blue dependent or where you can't last hit with your spells constantly.

Catalyst on Galio WORKS great, but it requires a different playstyle and puts you at a disadvantage in terms of farming potential.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

If it comes to the point where you really really need health, there's always a Warmog's. But the combination of Randuin's and Shurelya's probably provides better itemization paths.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

I think that Spirit Visage is way better than you give it credit for in a ton of circumstances, but whatever.

Galio's defense steroid/damage reduction make him very resilient to burst damage, and his healing makes him much less health-dependent than many mages. I'm not convinced that you should be so worried about health itemization. Health per Level seals are still pretty solid, anyways.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tips and tricks for the New Horseman in the toplane? I found his jungle unstable and schizophrenic. Heard he's good top, wondering how people have been doing it.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I think that Spirit Visage is way better than you give it credit for in a ton of circumstances, but whatever.

Galio's defense steroid/damage reduction make him very resilient to burst damage, and his healing makes him much less health-dependent than many mages. I'm not convinced that you should be so worried about health itemization. Health per Level seals are still pretty solid, anyways.
    I do run health/lvl heals on Galio. Those and a lot of MR. Alternatively I have some weird "TankAP" page I cooked up with a focus on MR, but with some random other stats as well. Its what I run on top lane galio a lot.

Meh, Spirit Visage might be alright on a few different heroes. GP for instance, but GP isn't very good anymore. :P Its good on Mundo, I forgot about that, yes. Arguably nice on Signed even, and on any team that tries to run gimmicky heal stuff.

I think its just a beef in general I have for tanky mages. If you don't like Rylais/RoA you're out of luck as far as HP goes. I suppose this isn't a huge deal since Chogath, Singed, and Moakai all mostly like one of those items or make it with it via base stat gain.

Rant game of the day:
    1st pick is Kog'maw, but he's a derp and bans rammus instead of shaco, so the enemy gets shaco. I do the usual "okay guys don't die to shaco" speech even though i know that SOMEONE on my team will feed FB to Shaco.

Then everyone goes full retard. I pick Nunu because Kog'maw says he will play "AS kog'maw" but somehow we end up with a Graves as well, and a Rumble. Our last pick quickly grabs Udyr and jungles him but I'm like ... this is gonna be bad.

Our kog'maw decides to stick to his AS build, which is apparently malady/wits end (which has to be the WORST build I've seen in a long time). I go bottom with graves and we actually win our lane; our graves is solid and their Janna+Ez can stop us from farming.

But top lane is another story. Rumble v Jax. At 4:30, like clockwork, Shaco ganks and gets a double kill for Jax. They take the tower about 2 minutes later and jax starts pushing. Rumble is decently smart and madly tries to freeze the lane, but also decides that freezing the lane at the 25 minute mark with both towers gone is a good thing. >_> We start to get slaughtered in teamfights because we have effectively 2AD carries and a Melee Mage guy, so we have no real way of keep them off of our damage. The game very quickly devolves into a complete mess as we run around like crazy trying to get kills but mostly failing. Shaco gets IE+PD and is able to 1v1 kog'maw, Arhi hits all her charms nad pretty much destroys us, and there is really nothing we can do about it.

Its just frustrating. Our team comp was terrible, yes. But I am sick and tired of people dying to the first gank top from heroes like Shaco and Lee Sin. They pack exhaust. They start at red buff. Learn to deal with this ****. Its why i now ban both heroes in ranked. Neither is particularly strong, I'm gonna be honest. Okay, Lane Sin is actually really good unless you pick an equally stupid champion (See: Vladimir, Udyr) for laning. But the truth is that Shaco is really easy to stop. Buy wards. Port at 3:45 or something and buy a ward. I do it every game. Every. ****ing. Game. I've gotten religious about my warding top. I still die, but I die to ganks LESS. Why? Because I ward. Because I ward. Because I ward. When I don't ward I die a lot more. Level 2 ganks: expect them. Don't push your lane. Don't walk up to the creep wave. Sit there and use your ranged spells to last hit. Take flash, get ready to ****ing run to your tower and pray that you somehow live and survive to recover from this deadly attack.

Like... I know solo top is the hardest lane in the game. But its not... that hard. People are just lazy. Shaco is a hero that capitalizes on people's mistakes. And personally, I think it is poor hero design on Riot's part to not realize this and deal with him. Like, I'll be honest, if Riot removed him from ranked play I think 95% of the population would collectively let out a sigh of relief. We'd through a party in summoner's rift. SHACO IS GONE. But no, Riot won't do that. They force us to waste bans on shaco. They force us to pray to the gods of reason that our first pick bans shaco. There are 6 bans, use them properly people.

Oh well... I'm probably done for the night. Tomorrow I'll see if I can't reclaim my lost elo. Maybe I can actually get a solo lane and show people how to not feed Firstblood to ganks...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

Nunu isn't a good support for AS Kog because you're stacking AS on top of AS. Play Janna or Sona next time for the AD boost.

I ate a Lanesin alive top with Corki recently, FWIW. But then, the enemy jungler was Amumu, so I had that luxury.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Nunu isn't a good support for AS Kog because you're stacking AS on top of AS. Play Janna or Sona next time for the AD boost.

I ate a Lanesin alive top with Corki recently, FWIW. But then, the enemy jungler was Amumu, so I had that luxury.
    I realize that now, in hindsight, I was gonna kinda/sorta heavily suggest he build IE cuz I'm... Nunu, but w/e the game was kinda just terrible.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground

Its just frustrating. Our team comp was terrible, yes. But I am sick and tired of people dying to the first gank top from heroes like Shaco and Lee Sin. They pack exhaust. They start at red buff. Learn to deal with this ****. Its why i now ban both heroes in ranked. Neither is particularly strong, I'm gonna be honest. Okay, Lane Sin is actually really good unless you pick an equally stupid champion (See: Vladimir, Udyr) for laning. But the truth is that Shaco is really easy to stop. Buy wards. Port at 3:45 or something and buy a ward. I do it every game. Every. ****ing. Game. I've gotten religious about my warding top. I still die, but I die to ganks LESS. Why? Because I ward. Because I ward. Because I ward. When I don't ward I die a lot more. Level 2 ganks: expect them. Don't push your lane. Don't walk up to the creep wave. Sit there and use your ranged spells to last hit. Take flash, get ready to ****ing run to your tower and pray that you somehow live and survive to recover from this deadly attack.

Like... I know solo top is the hardest lane in the game. But its not... that hard. People are just lazy. Shaco is a hero that capitalizes on people's mistakes. And personally, I think it is poor hero design on Riot's part to not realize this and deal with him. Like, I'll be honest, if Riot removed him from ranked play I think 95% of the population would collectively let out a sigh of relief. We'd through a party in summoner's rift. SHACO IS GONE. But no, Riot won't do that. They force us to waste bans on shaco. They force us to pray to the gods of reason that our first pick bans shaco. There are 6 bans, use them properly people.

Oh well... I'm probably done for the night. Tomorrow I'll see if I can't reclaim my lost elo. Maybe I can actually get a solo lane and show people how to not feed Firstblood to ganks...
    This surprises me. Are there seriously games at 1200 where Shaco/Lee aren't banned? I've religiously banned them this whole ranked season and whenever I see them not banned, they usually win the game.

Even 1600s lack the coordination to efficiently deal with those much of the time (unless you get to play Lee yourself, then you just trounce Shaco since Lee is ridiculous), and good Lee/Shaco will invariably score early kills. Lee maybe less so since he has too high a skill cap to be utilized effectively by most 1200s but Shaco is obscenely easy. In 2000s I'd dare to not ban 'em (hell, you need to practice playing against 'em for tournaments at that point anyways) but any time before then, no way. Lee I'd still ban since he's the best jungler and the best top in the game.

Besides, strong early gankers mean you can't play as aggressively on lane as you could normally. Since you can win basically every 1200 game ever by playing a strong solo lane and trashing your lane opponent, that decreases your chance of victory considerably. I usually ban Alistar too and would ban Maokai if I had 4 bans.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-01 at 05:22 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

This surprises me. Are there seriously games at 1200 where Shaco/Lee aren't banned?
    Yeah, I would say they are banned most games but not exclusively. The bans I tend to see most often are Shaco, Kass, Shen, Lee, Ahri and maybe WW but a lot less often than the previous 5.

It used to be Rammus but after his nerfs people seem to think he is less useful. Then you get things like Morde, Galio, Kennen but I wouldn't say they are banned anywhere near as often as the above champions.