New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

I would want an Asylum Shaco plushy with Velcro straps personally .
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So, apparently, feeding a bit early due to being squishy and laning top against Fizz = being a total noob. No matter how much you and your ultghost contribute as soon as you get an NMM and Chainmail.

This is why I hate soloqueue and low ELO (stupid troll streak). I had been on winning streaks before, at higher ELO, so I know that it's not entirely me.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-05-27 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #993
    Orc in the Playground

*winces*

That sucks, Qwerty. It's that mentality that makes me hate League sometimes. And it remains the ONLY online multiplayer game I'll play against strangers under any circumstances. I just don't get how people can be that volatile.

"RAaaaGH my little animated icon was forced to stop moving for thirty seconds, and there is a chance that these thirty minutes of pursuing an idle pastime will not end with an arbitrary progammed popup with the word "victory" on it! Clearly this justifies a long misspelt rant of homophobic and racial slurs because it is obviously everyone's fault but mine!"

I know the internet can be an awful place sometimes, but what is it about online gaming that truly brings out the very, very worst in people? Why does a screen name and a pixel avatar make people think they have some kind of right to be that... terrible?
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    *winces*

That sucks, Qwerty. It's that mentality that makes me hate League sometimes. And it remains the ONLY online multiplayer game I'll play against strangers under any circumstances. I just don't get how people can be that volatile.

"RAaaaGH my little animated icon was forced to stop moving for thirty seconds, and there is a chance that these thirty minutes of pursuing an idle pastime will not end with an arbitrary progammed popup with the word "victory" on it! Clearly this justifies a long misspelt rant of homophobic and racial slurs because it is obviously everyone's fault but mine!"

I know the internet can be an awful place sometimes, but what is it about online gaming that truly brings out the very, very worst in people? Why does a screen name and a pixel avatar make people think they have some kind of right to be that... terrible?
    GIFT

On another note, in soloqueue, I just did this game:
    Spoiler
    Show

Much nicer. And yes, it was my first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is that the game we're playing? Because I just did this yesterday.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, you had IFailAtThisGame on your team there, dgnslyr? I totally had that guy on a random team a week or so ago. You remember a name that distinctive. :) Small world, I guess.

He was less awful than his name implies, if I recall.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Banned

That reminds me, I finished my placement Ranked matches and got 1430 Elo! I guess I should try for gold next?

~

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

Lots of scoreboards being posted I see.

How about mine: totalstomp.png?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

9. - Top - End - #999

I had a pretty good game with Mumblers earlier today. Just walked around stealing Rammus's jungle.

EDIT: A pretty awesome LoL Rap by Dan Bull. He substituted in for Adam Harrington (one of the voice actors for LoL) in the Cypher that's been going on. I think someone linked to the LilyPichu entry a while back.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-05-28 at 12:39 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    *winces*

Elementz's article on reign of gaming, i'd link it but its banned at work, discusses this very topic and also talks about how he wants to solve it. He wants us to stand up to trolls, though not fighting fire with fire, in an attempt to make the community better. I also played Halo 2, with a bit Wow and limited amounts of CoD, and I also think LoL is the worst community i've ever played in.

I agree with pretty much everything he says, though i've never raged at someone myself but have confronted trolls in a way that ended up with a more than heated arguement. People that act in that way do ruin the game and on more than one occasion i've had to log off after a match due to how awful I feel when i'm just having a bad game..

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

I just played another two Tannken games. I'm about to play a third.

My last one was...unusual.

Spoiler
    Show

I pick Kennen, say 'tanky AD Kennen'.

'trollolol; ALL TROLL', etc. in the chat. Double jungle Morg/Annie.

Why not?

We convince Varus to play along and it's epic. Level one we gank at blue, get 4 kills for one. Then we do a level 1 / level 2 Dragon. After that the rest of us laned and I ganked/roamed/jungle farmed.

The enemy got to the point where they were attacking our Nexus. "gg"s were said. It was at half HP...Two of us spawn at once and kill both of the enemies attacking it!

After that turnaround, we slowly pushed and won teamfights until finally we wiped out their entire base.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Reading a fiddlesticks guide the other day and the guide writer says how you should always invade at level 1. He mentions that most teams don't defend their jungler and even if they do you can usually surprise enough to get a kill.

I assume this isn't the same at higher elos but I think he's actually totally right at 12-1300. Does anyone level 1 invade frequently? If so, how does it end up?

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Barbarian in the Playground

Invading is always a good idea

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    I assume this isn't the same at higher elos but I think he's actually totally right at 12-1300. Does anyone level 1 invade frequently? If so, how does it end up?
    The bigger problem is making a team of 12-1300s invade. But yeah, if you overcome that hurdle then it'll generally work as long as you have some level 1 ability (CC, damage).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Apart from the linked game above, I have never had a strong leash as Udyr. Almost always, even on purple side, I'll get one spell from mid and that's it. This means 4 people invading found me alone with mid on the other side of the wall. Kind of an effortless steal, and it really hurt (starting boot+pot+ward).

16. - Top - End - #1006

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Apart from the linked game above, I have never had a strong leash as Udyr. Almost always, even on purple side, I'll get one spell from mid and that's it. This means 4 people invading found me alone with mid on the other side of the wall. Kind of an effortless steal, and it really hurt (starting boot+pot+ward).
    What makes you think that if you can't make your lanes give you a good pull, you could make them invade?
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-28 at 03:13 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Banned

Honestly, at low Elo, invading is strong simply because it ensures that your team is grouped up, and thus is not getting randomly picked off by the enemy. Of course, the more you know about what your opponents are likely to do at level 1, the more effectively you can coordinate an invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So, apparently, feeding a bit early due to being squishy and laning top against Fizz = being a total noob. No matter how much you and your ultghost contribute as soon as you get an NMM and Chainmail.

This is why I hate soloqueue and low ELO (stupid troll streak). I had been on winning streaks before, at higher ELO, so I know that it's not entirely me.
    Oh, look, people to /ignore and report.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Barbarian in the Playground

The easiest invade to coordinate is ganking mid when they pull blue for their jungler - provided he starts on blue. It's really predictable when they'll be there to leash it, it's easy to explain to your team, and your lanes lose very little cs.

On higher elos it's less likely to succeed, though.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

Just broke a 8-loss streak with a 4v5 victory.

Feels good.

Oh, and by the way? Lulu giving Darius her W and R causes much pain.
    Truth resists simplicity.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright... I'm consistently going silly things like 14/1/17 against bots... wondering if I should give human murdering a try...

(I usually pick Ashe or Sivir, but that last one was as Volibear of all things)
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Bot's unfortunately are kinda predictable in their movement, I would recommend playing an ARAM or even better, an ARAB once before you hop into que so you get a sense of how actual people react to skill shots n stuff.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

I have a question for everyone: Do you listen to music while you play and, if so, what kind of music?

I normally go for instrumental stuff, but I sometimes listen to loops like Remove Kebab or Yanderes are Misunderstood. Every now and then I'll find one of the champion songs people have made and play that.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I have a question for everyone: Do you listen to music while you play and, if so, what kind of music?

I normally go for instrumental stuff, but I sometimes listen to loops like Remove Kebab or Yanderes are Misunderstood. Every now and then I'll find one of the champion songs people have made and play that.
    If I'm not on mumble, random pandora stations. Or my LoLsongs playlist on YouTube.

~

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty much always. Classic rock, Funky and Jazz over internet radio, Area of Defect, and lots and lots of pony music. Funky and Pony are my two "I ain't gonna rage" musical picks, can't get mad at the game when listening to 'em.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-05-28 at 06:58 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Alright... I'm consistently going silly things like 14/1/17 against bots... wondering if I should give human murdering a try...

(I usually pick Ashe or Sivir, but that last one was as Volibear of all things)
    Eventually you become good against bots. If you have a more experienced friend, having them show you a bit of the things that don't come up in botmatches (while in bot matches) and maybe practicing laning a bit in customs might help but you can just jump straight into PvP too; you shouldn't face too tough opposition aside from the random smurf, and obviously the best way to learn is to play.

Experienced friends are the best way tho. You have a forumful of them here (though of course, queuing straight together with experienced 30s is probably a bad idea; smurf accounts or such would alleviate this problem though)

I mostly play with friends in premades nowadays so it's generally Skype or Mumble. When not tho, or when I'm playing Singed/TF, I might play music. If Singed/TF, Insanity Mix/All in the Cards and otherwise my whole WinAmp playlist.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-28 at 07:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Always, even when playing over mumble/skype/etc.

I listen to the music that I would listen to normally, I guess? I don't really feel the need to listen to anything specific when playing League, and my own tastes are a bit outside of the scope of this thread. I find that the Bastion soundtrack is good for gaming in general, if that's any answer at all.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-28 at 08:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Always, even when playing over mumble/skype/etc.

I listen to the music that I would listen to normally, I guess? I don't really feel the need to listen to anything specific when playing League, and my own tastes are a bit outside of the scope of this thread. I find that the Bastion soundtrack is good for gaming in general, if that's any answer at all.
    NarratorOfBastion is my favorite r/lol poster.

Also it's adorable that you like that kind of music :3 *ruffles your hair* I bet you are the hardest of rock enthusiasts.

~

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, generally classic rock or just classical.

Unless I'm laning against a Teemo. Then I listen to this song until I feel I've killed it enough (You can never kill Teemo enough)

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Normally I just listen to whatever music I like at the time (I'm currently on a really long streak of listening to American Pie at the moment), but I've developed a few champion-specific songs/playlists lately:
    Sona - classical music or Hatsune Miku
    Orianna - Still Alive/Want You Gone
    Lulu - sufficiently silly music from Disgaea
    Riven - Remember Me (done by her voice actress)
    Soraka - Always I wanna be with you and make believe with you
    I also like I'll Make a Man Out of You even though I don't have Xin Zhao.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Orc in the Playground

I tend to just have my music player on random when I'm playing League. If I'm in a certain kind of mood I do in fact have "mood mixes" that I play, but mostly I'm just happy to let the songs come as they will. And when I say random, I mean that I have very very random tastes in music and let the player switch as it pleases from classical to techno to country and western to classic rock. Any song at all could potentially come up. So it made these two occasions really stand out in my memory...

Playing Mid as Heimerdinger, frantically fending off an agressive Katarina, and then holding off a three-way gank at the tower just as the climax of the music hit.

Destroying top as Talon, then going for a few ganks and hunting enemy players through the jungle and interrupting teamfights by flashing and ulting all up in their business.

I know, intellectually, that the songs came on at random, and that I'd have done equally well no matter what music was playing.
    But I choose to ignore this fact and believe anyway that the music was directly responsible for two of the most awesome LoL moments I've ever had. I was grinning like a loon for hours after each time!