New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Is Marigold just sitting there hugging the various games?
    Hey, super nintendo was an AWESOME system in its day. Lots of great titles for any true gamer fan to drool over.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Yeah, it really looked pretty weird... also because the cartridges didn't really look like SNES cartridges to me.. More like candy bags...

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hey, super nintendo was an AWESOME system in its day. Lots of great titles for any true gamer fan to drool over.
    Maybe it's the nostalgia in me but I still enjoy SNES titles most... not too long or complicated, not too short or hard... well, most of them. Not saying there aren't any good new games but with a SNES game you could hardly go wrong. Aaaaah, good times.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yeah, I know a lot of people have fond memories of the N64 (In spite of the awful controller design. I didn't notice it at the time when I was playing my cousin's system, but the last time I tried one years later... a 360 controller or a gamecube controller is much easier on the hands) as well.

4. - Top - End - #394

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Yeah, I know a lot of people have fond memories of the N64 (In spite of the awful controller design. I didn't notice it at the time when I was playing my cousin's system, but the last time I tried one years later... a 360 controller or a gamecube controller is much easier on the hands) as well.
    Yeah, you see, I think thats a matter of getting accustomed. I hated the gamecube and xbox controller. But thats because ive been a ps1/ps2 gamer for more years than a young whipper snapper like you has been alive! /shakes his walker for emphasis. Seriously though, I have used the ps controllers for so long that trying to use the xbox and gamecube models drove me nuts.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #395

NecromancerGuy

Looks like she's doing something else to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Curiosly enough if you hold it by the pad it feels quite similar to X-Box/Gamecube controllers.... now the thing is that most games couldn't be played that way (from the top of my Head Kirby the Crystal shards and both Pokemon Stadium games).

I am torn with Marigold reaction's to the SNES, on one hand I would probably yell too and become very excited (not to "Ignore-everything/one for the game" level; but quite exited); but I find it a bit offensive to the Videogame nerds (which I am). I know that that is very IC for Marigold; but still.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah, you see, I think thats a matter of getting accustomed. I hated the gamecube and xbox controller. But thats because ive been a ps1/ps2 gamer for more years than a young whipper snapper like you has been alive! /shakes his walker for emphasis. Seriously though, I have used the ps controllers for so long that trying to use the xbox and gamecube models drove me nuts.
    Did you ever notice that the PS1 controller was just the SNES controller with handles and an extra two shoulder buttons? That took me years to realize.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Firbolg in the Playground

So no explanation for the mask/axe?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    This is Emily.

What other explanation do you need?

10. - Top - End - #400

NecromancerGuy

It's whacky! And Zany! And Kooky! And A Surprise Ambush Joke!
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #401
    Firbolg in the Playground

No, I meant in-story. The out-of-story reason is obvious, but if I were to walk into a cabin and see your invitee with a hockey mask and an axe, I'd want an explanation. And if I were a cloud cuckoolander who just happened to be greeting her friends wearing a hockey mask an holding an axe, I'd damn well want a reason for why they jumped back, pulled out a knife, and then lcaimed that they had forseen something.

...Not that the latter or anything similar has ever happened to me. Ever. <coughs> >.<
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

No, I meant in-story. The out-of-story reason is obvious, but if I were to walk into a cabin and see your invitee with a hockey mask and an axe, I'd want an explanation. And if I were a cloud cuckoolander who just happened to be greeting her friends wearing a hockey mask an holding an axe, I'd damn well want a reason for why they jumped back, pulled out a knife, and then lcaimed that they had forseen something.

...Not that the latter or anything similar has ever happened to me. Ever. <coughs> >.<
    I would just make a joke about *insert horror movie about a lakecabin* and get on with the party. But would a 'cuckoolander' CARE if they had a knife? I don't, and my friends be cwazy. People tend to have knives in the woods, its a not-too-advanced safety thing. (And I don't like other people's knives.)

It happens to the best of us, but only if its nightime on the fullmoon. Otherwise we are the shunners with knives, not the Horrormasks and the plastic axe.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #403

NecromancerGuy

That's both in-universe and out-universe, mademoiselle.

Also, you're not Emily or a cloud-cuckoolander, so you can't really put yourself into her shoes, especially since she doesn't really feel like Jeph has really felt her out just yet.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Calling it now: invisible spaceship. Or possibly dimensional portals.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

You know, given the QC universe, I'm not about to say that WASN'T Wonder Woman's robot plane. Which was invisible...

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Calling it now: invisible spaceship. Or possibly dimensional portals.
    Invisible silent heli sounds more likely.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Invisible silent heli sounds more likely.
    "Silent" and "helicopter" do not belong in the same sentence, but yes. A stealth VTOL aircraft is most likely.

Also, Hanners isn't wrong. We saw nothing.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Well... it appears we are confronting an invisible, silent, SENTIENT heli... or something that looks heli shaped to me..
    I feel like QC has crossed some line in way of genre now, I just don't know which.
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Prototype cloaked hovercraft with an AI.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

I don't see the animated gif gag part of this. I CONFUZZED.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well... it appears we are confronting an invisible, silent, SENTIENT heli... or something that looks heli shaped to me..
    I feel like QC has crossed some line in way of genre now, I just don't know which.
    I agree in terms of genre- it's now soft sci-fi comedy instead of solely comedy. I'm not using soft to refer to the level of closeness to reality within the science, but that the focus is more upon the psychological and sociological impact that the science has on people rather than technical details.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    I agree in terms of genre- it's now soft sci-fi comedy instead of solely comedy. I'm not using soft to refer to the level of closeness to reality within the science, but that the focus is more upon the psychological and sociological impact that the science has on people rather than technical details.
    Well its kinda always been soft sci-fi considering the advanced AI and robotics of Station, ship, Momo and the other robots (too early and too little coffee for my brain to remember names).

What surprised me was it was an invention of her mother's, not her father.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #413
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I don't see the animated gif gag part of this. I CONFUZZED.
    Me neither, but since it appears to be a .jpg and not a .gif, I'm double confused.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

In the last panel, you see a light sillhouette of a ship or something, but it lasts one frame and only shows up every 10 seconds or so.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    In the last panel, you see a light sillhouette of a ship or something, but it lasts one frame and only shows up every 10 seconds or so.
    Well then it must be glitched or something, because my view is stuck on the light sillhouette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Me neither, but since it appears to be a .jpg and not a .gif, I'm double confused.
    all that awful amount of compression and he uploaded the wrong file?
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

27. - Top - End - #417
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Well then it must be glitched or something, because my view is stuck on the light silhouette.
    Likewise, I went back and can now see the silhouette perfectly.

What surprised me was it was an invention of her mother's, not her father.
    Who says her mother invented it? More likely, her mother bought it or is financing its development+testing, and Hanners took it for a joyride.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-10-16 at 12:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jeph probably didn't like what the compression did enough to switch the image to the still .jpg. However, at least for now, the animated .gif is still on the server.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Holy **** guys, Steve.

STEVE.

STEEEEEEEVE.

ASDFGHJKL

Also, Marten's clearly an accidental Befriender.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this girl gets weirder and weirder... And yeah I'm surprised about Steve and honestly about Cosette as well... why not invite anyone who ever was in the comic like... Ah, it might get interesting.
    "What's done is done."