New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Derthric View Post
    On another note, I promoted 3 classes and seem to have not received my commendation pack......Darn you Bioware.
    Same here. Having said that, I remember a previous event where one gift came a few days after the other - I won't get upset about it until the weekend, just to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Is it just me, or are Banshees still popping up in Geth and Cerberus missions? I was farming WGG earlier and was doing fine right until I heard the shriek.
    Yep. Scared the hell out of me too.... But then, I had my Geth SMG X to hand to get rid of the Barriers and was breaking in my new Krysae for what was left, so it could have been worse. Especially since I had just hit Rank 6 of both Tactical Cloak and [Race] Training for all the tasy damage bonuses!

And.... Oh goody! I unlocked the Batarian Sentinel.
    Great. It's not like I've spent two months grinding through innumerable Turian Soldiers, Krogan Vanguard and Drell Adepts while praying for a single Geth Infiltrator or Cerberus Adept....

Seriously, if Bioware implement a system to swap my unwanted characters for someone else's, I will forgive them for pretty much everything else.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-05-30 at 05:54 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Is it just me, or are Banshees still popping up in Geth and Cerberus missions? I was farming WGG earlier and was doing fine right until I heard the shriek.
    I've been doing quite a bit of gold farming so I can unlock the new classes and guns, so far nada, and I haven't seen any Banshees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Seriously, if Bioware implement a system to swap my unwanted characters for someone else's, I will forgive them for pretty much everything else.
    Amen, brother.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2012-05-30 at 05:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the fracking are... I played about five or six games today (actually even managed to play a few with DabblerWizard, marking the second time I've actually played with someone from the Playground) the fraggers showed up in every game with every enemy, even given I'm playing Bronze.

To my great surprise, I think I actually took at least one single-handedly (and pretty close with a couple of others) with my Geth Engineer via use of Overload, turret and my Geth SMG!

I have decided, however, given the utter bungling I made with the first game when I brought my Mantis IX, (now maxed out) that the Geth SMG is much better when you're not an inflitrator to hide better. I was making a real mess of sniping without it...

No new toys, though, but a couple of upgrades - and +10% shield gear upgrade. (Probably should have saved and gone for a Spectre pack, but I did get my Krogan out of a veteran, so...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-05-30 at 06:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

For some reason, Origin is failing to load for me. I've tried running it both normally and as admin, but I'm not sure what else to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

They really really need to sort out the match-finding algorithm. Looking for a Bronze, I don't want to get dropped into the middle of a Gold. Twice. With a level 10 Turian Soldier wielding Locust III and Phalanx VI. Once on Wave 9 and once on Wave 2. Depressingly, I still didn't come last on the second match, but I couldn't contribute as I wanted to. We didn't win.

Jade seems pretty but confusing.

FINALLY got the Geth Plasma Shotgun I, and the Valiant II, from my weekend packs, so quite happy.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

6. - Top - End - #306

So what rarity level are the gear items? They were actually what I was most excited for, but I have yet to get one.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
    So what rarity level are the gear items? They were actually what I was most excited for, but I have yet to get one.
    They seem to be mostly uncommons. A few rares for the nice ones that give multiple bonuses.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

There are 10 types of people in this world:
    Those that know ternary,
    those that don't
    and those that thought this was a binary joke.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

So lately all my Premium packs have been giving me consumable upgrades and Arc Pistol upgrades. Might try it but it always seemed like such a gimmicky gun like the falcon or javelin. You know, good on paper but impractical for actual use.

On another note, I promoted 3 classes and seem to have not received my commendation pack......Darn you Bioware.
    Did you promote them before 5am PST Monday morning? If so then they may just be delayed.
    Myself? Got an eagle 3 (-_-* ) and a claymore 6. Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KillItWithFire View Post
    They seem to be mostly uncommons. A few rares for the nice ones that give multiple bonuses.
    ahhh. Okay!
    I've got Two rares, shields 6 shield recharge 3 and an SMG 3, power recharge 3. I should go back to vets for the nonce.

9. - Top - End - #309

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Did you promote them before 5am PST Monday morning? If so then they may just be delayed.
    Saturday Morning 10am EST which is 7am PST. I think they have seen all the mean things I say about them in the ending thread and this is their payback. My Paranoid and narcissistic brain thinks this is an acceptable excuse.
    I'm not bad, I just aim that way ~my own comment on my Call of Duty abilities.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Got Victory, no Commie pack yet.

Actually, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have wasted the credits trying for the new classes. 900k would buy a LOT of veteran packs with their very useful GEAR cards. I've only unlocked three so far but the silver variations look like they're progressing from 5-25% bonuses and a nice bonus to (power damage) sounds a lot better than one character unlock for me.

Commander - I tried pairing up with Dabbler after you'd taken off but we kept getting bad crash mojo when trying to invite each other. Maybe later this week we'll try private games, I was getting lag in everything last night. Seemed like lots of people where N7=Levels in Soldier going into silver last night.

Glad for the uptick in interest in multiplayer, not so thrilled that every planet had a high concentration of lag molassses in their atmosphere last night.

Sago

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagonene View Post
    Commander - I tried pairing up with Dabbler after you'd taken off but we kept getting bad crash mojo when trying to invite each other. Maybe later this week we'll try private games, I was getting lag in everything last night. Seemed like lots of people where N7=Levels in Soldier going into silver last night.

Sago
    I was mainly playing last night because the D3 server was sheduled for maintenance (*eyeglow roll* and this is why I don't like "always on even in single player") and because the new stuff came out, so I went on rather than continue my ME 1 run. I'll be off for a bit come Saturday, so some of my efforts are concentrating on prepping for that and I don't know what I'll be doing the next couple of evenings, but if I go on and see you I'll give you a nudge (or vice-versa!)

I've found I only tend to get lag when I play about four or five games before rebooting. (I also tend to host games, too.) I must have been lucky - aside from the odd occasion when it was me lagging when hosting past the aforementioned limit, I've been quite lucky in that regard!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

By the way, my gamertag is MechaBeowulf DW, in case anyone wanted to know.

I'm on the XBox 360 and I generally prefer to play Vanguards, Engineers, and soldiers.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-05-31 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

13. - Top - End - #313

DruidGuy

Took the all melee Vorcha out for a test run on Silver against Cerberus. Lots of fun. Leaping and decapitating all over.

Might be a little squishy on Gold but worth a try.

14. - Top - End - #314

DwarfClericGuy

Woohoo got my Commendation Pack!

And got an N7 Eagle.......wooooo

Firebase Goddess is interesting, unfortunately every match I have had at the base is just a massive lagfest. I have only been to Firebase Jade in a gold match so couldn't really appreciate the aesthetic since I spent most of it floundering about trying to find cover.
    Last edited by Derthric; 2012-05-31 at 08:38 PM.
    I'm not bad, I just aim that way ~my own comment on my Call of Duty abilities.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Banned

Saturday Morning 10am EST which is 7am PST. I think they have seen all the mean things I say about them in the ending thread and this is their payback. My Paranoid and narcissistic brain thinks this is an acceptable excuse.
    Ah, yeah that's about when I Finished, too. I guess it was just jealous of your beauty and skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    By the way, my gamertag is MechaBeowulf DW, in case anyone wanted to know.

I'm on the XBox 360 and I generally prefer to play Vanguards, Engineers, and soldiers.
    I'll add you in.

16. - Top - End - #316

RogueGuy

Concerning the new maps, I can safely say that I like Firebase Jade because it's what Hydra should have been: wide open but with excellent cover. From what I've seen of Goddess, it seems to be the exact opposite... wwhich unfortunately clashes with my standard mode of play (ie, snipe stuff until it stops being amusing, and then put a few more rounds in for good measure).

Can anyone confirm that the new permanent items are potential drops from Veteran packs? If not, I should just go back to premium Spectre so I can max out my Carnifex (sp?) (Just finished getting my Claymore X thanks to one of those free packs).
    Last edited by Yana; 2012-05-31 at 10:51 PM.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Can anyone confirm that the new permanent items are potential drops from Veteran packs? If not, I should just go back to premium Spectre so I can max out my Carnifex (sp?) (Just finished getting my Claymore X thanks to one of those free packs).
    I've gotten a sniper rifle and assault rifle +5% permanent boost gear from veteran packs.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like I'm having better luck with the Ultra-Rares the past few days. I've gotten 6 or 7 and 2 were the new Cerberus Harrier. Still need to try it out, though...
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I feel like I'm having better luck with the Ultra-Rares the past few days. I've gotten 6 or 7 and 2 were the new Cerberus Harrier. Still need to try it out, though...
    I have tried out my Harrier I on my Human Soldier on Silver. I am very, very impressed.

Also, I have somehow ended up with a Reegar Carbine X. So far, I've only tested it on Bronze, but being able to kill pretty much any unarmoured enemy with 1-2 seconds of fire is incredibly broken.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

As well as Binks' sniper rifle gear, I have received one for +5% SMG damage, so I think we can safely say that not only do the Veteran packs contain equipment items, but they're also not limited to specific weapons or classes
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the new gear items are just normal Uncommons (for ones that benefit a single thing - like the Hydraulic Joints that boost melee damage) and Rares (for those that benefit two things - like the Warfighter Package that boosts assault rifle damage and grenade capacity), and thus can be gained from any pack that gives you Uncommons or Rares.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Trying a little experiment with my Batarian soldier. I call it the "More Dakka Build." Also known as the "I don't care about cooldown build." I'm focusing on weapon damage, shields, using the blade armor to help with the shields, and grenades because it's always nice to have grenades. Then I'll use the heaviest, most powerful weapons I have.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Trying a little experiment with my Batarian soldier. I call it the "More Dakka Build." Also known as the "I don't care about cooldown build." I'm focusing on weapon damage, shields, using the blade armor to help with the shields, and grenades because it's always nice to have grenades. Then I'll use the heaviest, most powerful weapons I have.
    Be sure to take advantage of the Batarians' increased ammo.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Also, I have somehow ended up with a Reegar Carbine X. So far, I've only tested it on Bronze, but being able to kill pretty much any unarmoured enemy with 1-2 seconds of fire is incredibly broken.
    I've used it on Silver. There isn't really an appreciable difference in how fast it kills things. Phantoms, for instance, are a joke, and go down like chumps just like everyything else. The only things it cant kill quickly are the large armored enemies (Atlas, Banshee, Brute, maybe Ravager and Prime).
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Batarian Soldier (next class to play, and the last class of any type I've yet to play in any version of ME...)

Better to go for area/recharge or damage/range with the blades?

Not gonna bother with the armour unless it's exceptionally good or something, which on glance it doesn't seem to be (since I'm planning mainly to be caster-y-ish since my guns are all fairly meh at this point.)

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I've used it on Silver. There isn't really an appreciable difference in how fast it kills things. Phantoms, for instance, are a joke, and go down like chumps just like everyything else. The only things it cant kill quickly are the large armored enemies (Atlas, Banshee, Brute, maybe Ravager and Prime).
    I took it for a test run on a Firebase White Geth Gold farming game as a Salarian Engineer.

Still only took about 2-3 seconds to kill a Hunter or Pyro. A Prime's shields vanished in roughly the same amount of time. Took a little longer to burn through his armour, but I did have Armour Piercing Ammo 3 on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Batarian Soldier (next class to play, and the last class of any type I've yet to play in any version of ME...)

Better to go for area/recharge or damage/range with the blades?

Not gonna bother with the armour unless it's exceptionally good or something, which on glance it doesn't seem to be (since I'm planning mainly to be caster-y-ish since my guns are all fairly meh at this point.)
    Area vs. recharge is up for debate (I prefer area for more stagger), but you want range, if only to be able to stagger targets from further away. Also, at level 6, Explosive Blades are vastly superior to the DoT Blades. They can and will save your life against Banshee grabs.

Also, don't overlook Blade Armour. Having Brutes and Banshees take 150% of the melee damage they deal to you (with the right evolution) is hilarious, and damage protection always helps, as does the improved melee damage.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Be sure to take advantage of the Batarians' increased ammo.
    Indeed. When I first saw that evolution tied in with increased damage, I was somewhat surprised. I've never seen class abilities that increase your ammo capacity. It should help quite a bit with the guns I plan to use. Suffice to say, there will be many explosions in Firebase White this night.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-06-01 at 01:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hiya! New guy here, figured I'd put in my details should anyone fancy a few games
    Can't promise I'll be on masses over the next few weeks, but should pick up more over Summer. I play on 360, gamertag MK8Bit. I play a bit of everything (I have a "Oh, that sounds cool" mentality ) but mainly play Human Engineer and Quarian/Human Infiltrator (I don't have many unlockable classes... Outside of Soldiers )

So yeah, add me should you wish to play, be it Gold grinding or just for fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Did they eat a bowl of Jello menacingly at it? I feel that would give a hefty Intimidate bonus versus GCubes. "OHAI LOOK MR. JELLY CUBE, I EAT YOUR SMALL COUSINS FOR DELICIOUS SNACKS. OM NOM GELATIN."
    How ELSE would defeat a Gelatinous cube

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Moogleking View Post
    Hiya! New guy here, figured I'd put in my details should anyone fancy a few games
    Can't promise I'll be on masses over the next few weeks, but should pick up more over Summer. I play on 360, gamertag MK8Bit. I play a bit of everything (I have a "Oh, that sounds cool" mentality ) but mainly play Human Engineer and Quarian/Human Infiltrator (I don't have many unlockable classes... Outside of Soldiers )

So yeah, add me should you wish to play, be it Gold grinding or just for fun
    Check the OP, we have a format for gamertags and whatnot.

Oh yeah, and Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Y'know, part of me knew that

GITP Name : Moogleking
    Gaming System : Xbox 360
    Name on Gaming System : MK8Bit
    Preferred Classes : Human Engineer, Quarian Infiltrator and a little bit of dabbling everywhere else!

There we go
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Did they eat a bowl of Jello menacingly at it? I feel that would give a hefty Intimidate bonus versus GCubes. "OHAI LOOK MR. JELLY CUBE, I EAT YOUR SMALL COUSINS FOR DELICIOUS SNACKS. OM NOM GELATIN."
    How ELSE would defeat a Gelatinous cube