New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] OoC 32

1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 32

I personally can't wait for The Elder Scrolls VI: The Black Marsh*. I love the Argonians, though my current Skyrim character is a Bosmer. Anyway, wasn't the whole point of that competition to find out the best way to deal with an Argonian rebellion?
    *May or may not be the next Elder Scrolls title.

Regardless, Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight, and don't let the Mightyena bite.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-06-21 at 06:29 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. You may be right, though I'd been thinking that the rebellion was only potential at that point. (Of course, if it was, that makes the armorer a bit of an idiot for going into an active warzone instead of, y'know, talking to the person who beat him in the contest.)

And yes, the Argonians are awesome. Though I suspect that much of the reason I still remember Blends-With-Night is the extraordinary number of glitches I managed to exploit with her. Some of them quite unintentionally...

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    A dark-skinned halfling wanders about the forest. He wears a blindfold, but a hummingbird sits on his shoulder, and he seems to walk perfectly balanced. He's topless, but wears the fur of a leopard across his shoulders and carries a simple wooden staff. Yes, he's completely blind.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #514

Spoiler
    Show
    [/QUOTE]

The laughter of cats is indeed unsettling. Possibly because they only laughs when horrible pain is about to be visited upon someone else.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-06-21 at 06:50 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Where exactly is this? I have a sudden desire to revive Artemis.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Where exactly is this? I have a sudden desire to revive Artemis.
    It's in The Grove, a non-violent fey based area.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I'm thinking of dropping one of the two new character ideas I have in the hunting grounds. Anyone have any monsters or whatever they've been wanting to drop into there?
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor - Front Door]

(Then go for something a bit more definite with regards to destruction. I have a recovery method set up for him, and I'm a little tired with undead that die incredibly easily. Small personal rant that happened to bleed into this)

He doesn't, actually. The animating magic on him is directly powered by Wee Jas.
    If you truly wish me for an enemy, then destroy me.
    As he speaks, his breastplate, helmet, cloak, boots, etc (all his gear) vanishes, leaving simply a skeleton holding a mind blade, which also vanishes.
    Alright, so I have a couple issues, Bookboy. As I mentioned previously, Anastram getting that meeting is just not going to happen for a couple different IC reasons. It was made clear early on that was the case. I can see him being persistent for a couple posts, but after that it just got frustrating. It was basically like nothing in my posts was being acknowledged.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wanted your PC to die. It's just that the scene couldn't progress at all because my guys weren't going to have a change of heart and let him in, but your guy kept insisting on staying and is able to take anything I could throw at him with ease.

Which brings me to my next point. I may be mistaken, but it seems like you're suggesting I should just pull something more powerful out to finish Anastram off. Problem is, I don't actually have anything more powerful. And I don't like feeling like I have to pull something out of my butt just so the scene can progress.

So yeah, those are just my concerns. I don't want to post IC until we've sorted this out, so that's why I haven't replied yet.

9. - Top - End - #519

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    I personally can't wait for The Elder Scrolls VI: The Black Marsh*. I love the Argonians, though my current Skyrim character is a Bosmer. Anyway, wasn't the whole point of that competition to find out the best way to deal with an Argonian rebellion?
    *May or may not be the next Elder Scrolls title.

Regardless, Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight, and don't let the Mightyena bite.
    I would be extremely happy if Elder Scrolls VI was set in The Black Marsh. Argonians are truly the best
    But yeah, the competition was to decide the gear the Imperial Army would use to quell the rebellion brewing in the Black Marsh, I believe. And while they got an expert armorer, they also gave a chance to one who knew a lot about Argonian tactics.
    I've read too many of the books in Oblivion >.<
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Alright, so I have a couple issues, Bookboy. As I mentioned previously, Anastram getting that meeting is just not going to happen for a couple different IC reasons. It was made clear early on that was the case. I can see him being persistent for a couple posts, but after that it just got frustrating. It was basically like nothing in my posts was being acknowledged.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wanted your PC to die. It's just that the scene couldn't progress at all because my guys weren't going to have a change of heart and let him in, but your guy kept insisting on staying and is able to take anything I could throw at him with ease.

Which brings me to my next point. I may be mistaken, but it seems like you're suggesting I should just pull something more powerful out to finish Anastram off. Problem is, I don't actually have anything more powerful. And I don't like feeling like I have to pull something out of my butt just so the scene can progress.

So yeah, those are just my concerns. I don't want to post IC until we've sorted this out, so that's why I haven't replied yet.
    With regards to the stubbornness, that was mostly me RPing Anastram's single mindedness. He has received an order from his Lady, who gave him his unlife when his life was cut short, and he will continue to try and carry it out until he is destroyed (which, as I mentioned, I am making clear is not an easy thing when he is fully geared).

Actually, I sent him there with the intention of him dying. He has a special ability that causes him to reform at a location of powerful necromantic energy that he has linked himself to (currently Serafina's mansion).

Also, the blasters will now be effective. His fire/heat resistance came from his enchanted equipment. Now that it is gone, they will work.
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2012-06-22 at 08:13 AM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    So, I'm thinking of dropping one of the two new character ideas I have in the hunting grounds. Anyone have any monsters or whatever they've been wanting to drop into there?
    Depending on how things go with the treant she's fighting, I could have Spreagadh run into them.

Speaking of which, TE, is there anything that would prevent her from tweening onto it?

12. - Top - End - #522

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    I still got a Xandit swarm in there if that's what you may looking for.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #523
    Halfling in the Playground

Would you mind linking me to it?

Also, I think it may be your turn in the SG, or Mindy's, or SN's or AAAHHHHH
    Spoiler
    Show

Here.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Murkus, I don't think it's a good idea to have Adir and Mścisław join the scene in Training Grounds. It would make it too slow with you, me, Harnel and Wolfy there. I'll plotclone Wenomir somewhere else once I think about how I want it to look like.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-22 at 10:33 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

With regards to the stubbornness, that was mostly me RPing Anastram's single mindedness. He has received an order from his Lady, who gave him his unlife when his life was cut short, and he will continue to try and carry it out until he is destroyed (which, as I mentioned, I am making clear is not an easy thing when he is fully geared).

Actually, I sent him there with the intention of him dying. He has a special ability that causes him to reform at a location of powerful necromantic energy that he has linked himself to (currently Serafina's mansion).

Also, the blasters will now be effective. His fire/heat resistance came from his enchanted equipment. Now that it is gone, they will work.
    Alright, I suppose that helps with the current scene. But there's also the fact that it appears Ill be set against him again in the future. I don't mind fighting when it makes sense for it to happen, but combat where what my character(s) is facing can just take hit after hit while barely being fazed is an issue. I know you don't like undead that die very easy, but there's a difference between being difficult to kill and nearly impossible to kill. Especially when he can come right back to life again anyway.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Anastram will still do what he can to avoid having to fight them, and still is bound by the orders of Wee Jas not to fight them personally. The main thing he was looking for was the loophole that would allow him to stop Serafina from attacking them (by changing sides if she decided to, likely while very close to her).

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

M'kay. Welp, we'll see what happens then. I'll post for you next time I get an opportunity.

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Depending on how things go with the treant she's fighting, I could have Spreagadh run into them.

Speaking of which, TE, is there anything that would prevent her from tweening onto it?
    That depends. What the heck is 'tweening' and how does it work?

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    That depends. What the heck is 'tweening' and how does it work?
    Stepping through the Hedge into [insert name for the Fae realm], often accompanied by stepping back out at a different point in the mortal world. Same thing she did to escape the roots of the first tree.

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Murkus, I don't think it's a good idea to have Adir and Mścisław join the scene in Training Grounds. It would make it too slow with you, me, Harnel and Wolfy there. I'll plotclone Wenomir somewhere else once I think about how I want it to look like.
    Be my guest. Assume, then, that the second part of that post is valid - Adir heads into the tower. Perhaps he stops by Wenomir's barracks or somesuch?

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps. I guess Wenomir might as well be found in his and KR's room. Like I said though, I need to think this through. Self RP isn't as easy as it looks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #532

That's generally why I try to avoid it.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

So do I, but sometimes it's necessary, like in this particular plot.

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Stepping through the Hedge into [insert name for the Fae realm], often accompanied by stepping back out at a different point in the mortal world. Same thing she did to escape the roots of the first tree.
    Oh. Generally we call that 'teleporting'.

No, I suppose there is nothing to stop her from teleporting over to the treant.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Oh. Generally we call that 'teleporting'.

No, I suppose there is nothing to stop her from teleporting over to the treant.
    There are restrictions on tweening that aren't on teleporting, and it allows her to stop over in the fae realm if she chooses to, hence the different name.

(Specifically, for her, tweening requires that she be in neither direct light or total darkness, have an indistinct boundary at hand, or be doing so at dawn or dusk.)

26. - Top - End - #536

Ah.

I don't believe it's dawn or dusk when they're fighting, but if you can think of a boundary she's standing on then yeah, the treant can't tele-block.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, she could use the shadow of the tree for indirect light, presumably. Or the roots/where the hawthorn, the tree, and the air meet as a boundary.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-06-22 at 04:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

My characters run a risk when teleporting under their own power, unless they use a portal or a device from somebody else. Namely, if it's over a mile, they run a risk of disappearing, in which case they'd never be heard of again. It's not a very large risk, at least to begin with. If the distance is under two miles but over one mile, it's a 1% chance of disappearance. If it's between two and three miles, the risk is 2%, and so on.

Although teleportation magic is impossible in Myrim's homeworld, it's possible in Natalie's and Terrowin's, plus a few others. One thing all three worlds have in common? The Piggasus. Like a Pegasus, only a massive, winged pig with magic-resistant hide and a bad temper.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone want to interact with a WWIII-era Canadian superhero in the Sleeping Goblin?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #540

I just realized something.

There's more ponies in the Nexus now.

FINALLY. SONGDANCER HAS SOMEPONY TO PONY WITH.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life