New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside IX

[Suncrest Manor - Post Party]

"Um, yeah." Irena replies, not entirely sure how to react to the whole mistress thing yet. It sounded hot though. "But let me get a day to think, okay? Just remember, nothing else but lingerie and miniskirts." The witch says with a nod. She could all too easily get used to this.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll remember, Mistress." The lampades sits up on top of Irena and stretches, reaching for the ceiling. "Now, where did we leave off?" She leans back down over Irena and tries to pull the curtain once again.

3. - Top - End - #903

[Ghost Hotel]

Right, he just woke up. It seemed to me was returning to the room. <.<
    "I'm going to look around the city to determine that first. Then I'm going back to the room to change so I can use my true form to deal with them. It should be simple enough. I might need you to get into the smaller areas though if you don't mind." Cessie explains. "I could just go dragon form directly though but some of the kami might hide in buildings which could be a problem."

"I think you had another position..." Irena replies before the curtain is drawn and the two presumably sleep well that night. They're lucky Irena decided to buy a really big couch.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ghost Hotel]

"Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem." Harnel says, just glad he'll be able to help somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Orc in the Playground

Party!- By the Door

"Yes, please tell us more." Emily smiles, and genuinely sounds curious.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Restaurant]

"I think we'll be stuck waiting for a while. They should inform us of when they're ready at least. If we're lucky, we won't be waiting too long, though. It's not like we take up much space or anything."
    the muse said. "Until then, think we could sit up in the rafters for a while? Was thinking about something and I think it would be easier to talk up there so we won't have to speak so loud to hear each other." Riss said. Really, she was quite surprised that a place could be so noisy like this but it might just be due to all the people inside at the same time.

What Mimi might find somewhat odd is that Riss was rather suddenly a bit distant. It was possible that the noise was just getting to her but it would be apparent that she was currently thinking something over with as much focus she could muster.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant]

Ugh, waiting. What's with everything and waiting? At least it seems Riss will be distracting her, not that that is new. She does seem to catch that something is up, however.

So up to the rafters they go. Riss is carefully placed so she's sitting on the edge ofone and Mimi is soon sitting next to her. "What did you wanna talk about?"

8. - Top - End - #908

Party! Near the Doors

William The Firebird nods at Vissia's hunch.

"Yup. The classic story of love found and lost." He says that as if everyone had already heard this story. Like McBeth. Everybody's heard that story.

He continues to tell it, briefly. "I met a nice forest girl, as buildings were crumbling around us in the largest city near where I come from."
    He shrugs and looks away. "Turns out someone freed some sort of Great Evil Shadow-thing."

"We then teamed up and researched a way to defeat it." At that moment, occurred said Masquerade Ball, where she found out that he was much higher in the social ranking than her. " Us two and two others found out that we had to become 'Living Seals', or so it was called. So long as at least one of us lived, that Evil wouldn't be released."

"We then parted ways. She returned to the forest, and I went back to being a soldier."

"Sadly, thanks to some rather unfortunate time-traveling, the happy coincidences were undone when the Great Evil possessed her still as a child. At the end of the day, the continent was still saved, but what good is the world when love is lost?" he asks, finishing his short story.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-07 at 11:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909

[Restaurant]

Riss was quiet as she normally was sans the influence of divinely brewed beverages, reaching out in an attempt to pull Mimi closer as the muse leaned over to try and rest her head on the pixie's shoulder. Looks like I can't just forget about it, can I? I mean, I'm having fun now and all but shouldn't I think about later as well? "Hey, Mimi? I know how I've been acting today and.. Well, I've been having a lot of fun because I've not been able to do stuff like this before but... I'm not sure what you're thinking. I mean.. I don't want to make you think something that I didn't really intend."

With a small sigh, Riss would try to hold on to Mimi a bit tighter although it likely wouldn't make much difference to the pixie.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-07 at 11:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant]

Mimi is silent for a long moment as she processes that, holding Riss tight. What did she mean? Did all the teasing and implications that seemed so obvious mean nothing? Or is that not what Riss means at all?

"I thought..." What did she think? "That we were having fun." No, that's not what she wants to say. Spit it out, girl. "I thought you might feel the s- That you might have feelings for me. And that you might w-" Come on, get it all out there. "That you might want me as-" She swallows hard. "As much as I want you."

She tightens her grip in the muse, her entire body tense as she waits for a reply. In some ways it felt good to finally get her feelings out there in words. In an infinitely greater number of ways it's absolutely terrifying.

[Party! - Near the Doors]

"That's sad." Vissia says, though she doesn't seem overly effected herself. She gives a small smile that could men any number of things, and then reaches forward to try and touch his arm briefly. "I'm sure you'll find someone for you someday."

11. - Top - End - #911

[Restaurant]

Riss had to keep herself from laughing. It wasn't out of malice or any slight that Mimi had done so much as it was an amusing reversal with how she and Mimi usually were. At least, until now. ...I'd probably not be nearly this loose-lipped if not for having that wine... Should probably ask for another bottle when he visits... Shouldn't drink the whole thing in one sitting, though. Should save the stuff... Hey! Weren't you in the middle of something here?

Taking breath, Riss began. "Well.. Mimi? First.. I want it to be clear that you are.. Well, if anything, you are important to me. If I didn't put any value in your thoughts, I wouldn't even bother trying to talk to you like this... I just, well.. You know how much trouble I have with being able to touch someone?" It was more of a preamble than a full on explanation but Riss hoped that she could ease into this rather than jumping in head first. Even with all the teasing and such she had done, there was no real intent on her part to cause the pixie harm.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-08 at 12:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant]

"Yeah, I know." Mimi never even bothered to ask why that so suddenly changed today. Why question something so amazingly awesome? The pixie waits for Riss to continue, wondering what exactly Riss was working up to.

13. - Top - End - #913

[Restaurant]

Alright.. How do I continue this. The irony is that if I could concentrate well enough to think of what I want to say, I would probably not be nearly as.. Not reckless but.. What's the word.. Unimpeded I guess? "I... Well, I don't mean to make this an excuse but I'm not very.. It's a new kind of feeling for me... If you will excuse the phrasing there.. But what I mean by that is I've not paid attention to what is 'proper,' I guess? I have trouble with how boundaries and so on work and.. Well, to be honest, the only other person I've been able to be in close contact like this is not the best person to learn those things from. You'd probably be able to guess that rather easily, though. And.. Well, I was having fun watching your reactions. I.. Well.. I think I was pushing it as I was literally poking you for your reactions as well as just figuratively too.

"I only now realize that, well.. That I might be sending the wrong messages. I mean, I might even be doing that right now with how I'm holding on to you but.. I don't know. Mimi.. I'm.. I've been able to appreciate other people till now for what they do but I've not cared for others until relatively recently. I don't know if I'm doing this correctly or not and I don't want to end up driving anyone away because of that."
    Even though I might be doing just that right now. "I'm not going to lie. I was having fun with you today. Actual fun and not just poking at you. And I'd like you to stay as long as you'd like.. I just.. How do I say this.." Maybe I should try a different method? "Um.. Well, uh.. You know how Misha and I are.. Well, I guess you'd say close or something?" Riss began, feeling rather unsure of her choice of subjects. "Even there, I have no idea what I'm doing and it terrifies me like this right here does. I don't know what's right or how things will go and I'm not sure what I would do if I did know." ...Well, that's the most of it. I didn't confirm or deny anything explicitly but.. Well, that should be enough for now, right?

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant]

Mimi is silent for a short while. She'd never really realized just how hard all this was for Riss. Sure she had an idea, but it's not until now that she really realized.

The pixie shifts and tries to guide Riss so they're looking each other in the eye. "I never really knew... Well, you're not driving me away. As long as you want me around, I'm gonna be here." Some of her usual confidence leaks into her tone. "I really like being with you. I like it when you teach me stuff. Every time you make an effort for me, I'm just... thrilled. I even liked it when you teased me." She smiles. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, you're worth it. If you need help, I'll help you. If you want support, I'm there for you." Her voice grows softer and she lifts a hand to caress Riss' face. She leans in more so that their noses are almost touching. "And, well, you know how I feel. I'd love to be able to touch you, to hold you, to kiss you... But I don't want to scare you when you're not ready. But if you want me, I'd do anything to make it easier for you."

15. - Top - End - #915

[Restaurant]

"I.."
    Riss began, the discordant noise in her voice coming to greater prominence with that single syllable. ..But what do I want? I don't even know that. I'm.. Fine with how things are.. No. Were but.. Would everyone be happy if things changed? Do I want things to be different? At the same time... What would happen if I wound up not wanting that? I.. I really haven't given it much thought because of the whole size thing making it a bit difficult but still.. Well I guess we've seen how easily that can be solved.

"I'm.. Well, I don't know about that. I.. I don't think I would be able to really explain what I feel and believe me it's just as annoying to me as I suspect it is to you to hear that. I'm just used to hard numbers and answers and.. Well, I guess my soft skills and the like are... Really lacking. I'm.. I'm not saying 'no' but.. I'm not sure if that means 'yes' or not."
    the muse said, averting her eyes from Mimi.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-08 at 02:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant]

Mimi doesn't reply with words at first. Instead she pulls Riss against her in a tight hug. "It's okay." She says as reassuringly as she can manage.

17. - Top - End - #917

[Ghost Hotel]

"In any case, it's a pretty large city so we better start as soon as possible. I was thinking to go to northside first and then save westside for last. Or we could start with westside and then take save southside for last." Cessie replies as she dries her hair with an towel. "What do you think?"

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ghost Hotel]

"Well... if things are how you indicated things are, Westside will be more difficult to deal with than the others. And it might help if I learn from the easier one first, so I'd say save Westside for last and go Northside."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-08 at 02:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

Party!- Near the Door

Emily reaches over to give William a hug. It's quite tight; Emily's stronger than she looks. Also, he likely smells her; she smells of strong deodorant and there's a very slight undercurrent of decay. It's only slight, and easily missed under the deodorant.

20. - Top - End - #920

[Ghost Hotel]

"Hopefully I'm right then, I'm not sure just how bad the other areas are yet after all." She says before putting the towel and heading out the door. "Do you have some sort of weapon with you? It might be useful if you happen to encounter one of the kami on your own." Harnel's breath weapon might not be that effective really. <.<

[Heading Towards Riverside]

"Okay, first we need to get you some clothes, any preferences? You should probably stay outside the city until you got something better then that. We don't want unwanted attention after all." The tiefling says as they are nearing the city limit.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ghost Hotel]

Garlic breath? Probably not, no.

"Well I have my claws if needed, but otherwise not really. Didn't really get much time or materials to make any. Do you think we should go pick one or two up first?" Might not be a bad idea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Valente adjusts the blanket around his shoulders that comprises ninety percent of his clothing right now. "Yeah, I guess so. Just some pants and a tshirt's fine. I'm not picky."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-08 at 05:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923

[Restaurant]

"...I know I say this too much already but it's the only thing I think I can say. I'm.. Sorry. I'm sorry I'm not able to give you what you want. Riss murmured as she let herself be held tight. Resting her head on Mimi's shoulder in such a way that her new antlers wouldn't cause much trouble. ...I don't think I fully thought through the implications of having these things... Well, I'll just have to get used to it, I guess.

"I'm.. I don't know where to go from here, either. I mean.. I'd like for things to stay as they were but.. Well, that would be ignoring how you feel. Is there.. Well, what do you think? I mean.. Until I have things figured out, and just warning you that it might be a while... Would it be hard on you if I asked if we could just be, well.. " the muse paused for a moment as if something strange had crossed her mind. "Did you know you're probably the first person whom I've asked to be a friend?"

24. - Top - End - #924

"Alright, I'll be back in a few." Astrana replies before walking off.
    She will eventually return with some clothes in tow which she tosses to the vampire. "There, two t-shirts, two pair of jeans, some underwear and a couple of socks. That's should be enough for a few days. Now, I'm guessing we're moving to northside then?"

[Ghost Hotel]

"Sure, I don't know where to buy weapons around here though but I'm sure we can find a place. Do you have anything specific in mind?" She asks while walking into the elevator, waiting for Harnel before going down to the ground floor.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant]

"Don't be sorry, Riss. I hope that we can be something more, but if not, I still definitely want to be your friend." Mimi can to little to hide her disappointment, but every word is sincere. She turns her head a little to bury a kiss in Riss' hair.

"Thanks." Valente lets the blanket drop and pulls on the new clothing. He gathers the blanket and what's left up in his arms. "Northside seems like our best bet. Better than Eastside or Southside I'd say."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-08 at 06:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ghost Hotel]

Harnel steps onto the elevator. "Well nothing can beat a proper blunt instrument at times. Maybe a dire hammer." A regular old war hammer wouldn't suffice. Had to be dire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #927

"That's sad." Vissia says, though she doesn't seem overly effected herself. She gives a small smile that could men any number of things, and then reaches forward to try and touch his arm briefly. "I'm sure you'll find someone for you someday.
    Emily reaches over to give William a hug. It's quite tight; Emily's stronger than she looks. Also, he likely smells her; she smells of strong deodorant and there's a very slight undercurrent of decay. It's only slight, and easily missed under the deodorant.

Party! Near the Entrance

William's arm is touched and he recognizes that as a warm thing. He is also hugged!

Oof, he thinks, as he is caught surprised with the hug. It is a little tighter than he was expecting. As he has been trained as a politician by his mother, he can notices the slight scent, but he figures that it's part of the perfume.

Not wanting to feel awkward, the Firebird gives the hug back. Not quite as tight, though, as he usually doesn't hug people very often.

"It's alright," he replies. Men like William don't show as much emotion. He breathes deeply. "But now I'm here to fight crime."

"Do either of you know somewhere to start?"

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

[Party! - Near the Entrance]

Vissia chuckles. "Just take a stroll around the city at night. I hear the local authorities on this side of the city aren't all that keen on vigilantes, though." Believe her, she's in a position to know.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Orc in the Playground

Party! Near The Entrance

"Try Northside or Eastside. There's a group ruling each sector, though neither come out very much any more. Maybe there's more crime there than here or Southside, which are heavily policed." Emily will pull back from the hug in this post. She then turns to Vissia. "How can you tell when it's night? Westside is cloaked in darkness." I don't think (but I may be wrong) that Tenebras vampires are weakened by, but not destroyed by, sunlight. Which might give Emily an advantage should she ever feel the need to leave Tenebras and Riverside.

30. - Top - End - #930

[Restaurant]

Riss' ear twitched as Mimi came close. It felt rather strange, having the pixie brush up against them but the muse attributed that to the alterations still in effect. Though she held back a light sniffle, Riss managed a smile as she reached up to try and put a hand on the side of Mimi's head, possibly just holding her in place for a while. "I-I'm not sure I can explain to you what it means to hear you say that." the muse said in an immensely relieved tone. Though she had managed to keep her voice relatively stable, she had been on edge for nearly the entirety of the conversation until now. ..If Mimi had said something otherwise... I.. I don't want to think about that.

"I'm.. Would you mind just staying like this for a bit? I mean.. Um.. It's not like we don't have the time or anything. I.. I'd just feel better if.. Well.." The muse's former articulation seemed to be fading now that she had gotten through what was the worst part in her mind. Hopefully she understands what I mean because I sure don't.