New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Kylar DePpche to Doctor Vassari (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

While I appreciate the interest in my services, I would rather not split my time between two different employers. I am receiving a rather large amount of money each month from the Wardens, and I believe they are assuming exclusivity as part of my contract.

To SGA (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Building a Medico Guildhall in Guild Row won't give you free PMs, but rebuilding the Commerce House (or something similar) would. However, this also gives people a target that they can use ESP to infiltrate and listen in on your conversations, so it may not be as secure as personal meetings.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to doctor vasiri[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i agree that it may be a ploy but all i know for sure is i will be pulling my troops close to ome next month. i have already had to lie about giving up the bridge to just stave off the inevitable conflict. hopefully if all goes well then i should be able to withstand any eventual attacks for a time atleast. another possible concern is the recent meeting between the gears-chosen and the wardens. the gears are out to get me

to SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    i cannot give ant money for the airship project but i am sending a competent engineer to help the technists.

OOC: in other words the VIP i gained from the gears-chosen.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (8)

to Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat similar to our position then. If they hold to their agreement we will take no move against them, and we think they will. Even if only because they love gold more then iron.

Still, I feel that some sort of friendly agreement against them if they turn out to be traitorous towards both of us, we can cooperate on certain punitive actions?

To Champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm afraid I won't have any details until the end of the month. But I think you misunderstand us, the Chosen do not deal in prototypes, each Incarnation is an aspect of the Divine, created in a frenetic trance by the Designers involved. When we can present a "prototype", you'll know because our territory is powered by lightning.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith Guild

SGA Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Mercantile Guild: An overlook of our current state shows that we could not currently support additional mages in our employ. Perhaps we could attempt to recruit some next turn?

We will be contributing that 3 wealth for the Birdmen, and can definitely also help with the rebuilding of Guild's Row. However, do to matters mentioned above, I believe we should delay the making of new coins until we have enough magic to be sure of their ability to resist counterfeiting. And did we ever come to a consensus about that spider web?

In addition, our responsibilities as a sub-minister of Finance could be being in charge of the minting of new coins, if you need a suggestion.

5. - Top - End - #845

Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers [6]

Anti-Librarian strategy meeting [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So, it is decided. The troops will be transported to the battlefield using the stagecoaches- any Mil or Maj would be good- we need mages almost as much as we need troops. Those who cannot afford such transportation will be provided- please see me with details of exactly how much you will need to transport. Once assembled, we will attempt to draw the shaker magi into an area in Dogma in which we have an advantage- an area with heavy antimagic focused on it. As we do not have the null bombs we had last movement, our mages will be even more important. The best plan at the moment is to create an antimagic field behind our troops, then appear to retreat- ideally, they will follow. If there are any who believe they have a better plan, I would hear it now."

"In addition, any monetary assets which can go to temporarily resettling and aiding refugees would be appreciated and well received by the public; we can't be seen to ignore their needs."

"Finally, we must devote our intelligence to searching our MU spies which may have infiltrated the city. These spies may be conveying vital secrets to the MU and endangering our whole operation. We cannot allow this to continue. They must be removed."

Bennet Founder looks around the room, and begins to speak of things other than strategy.

"Gentlemen, victory is at hand. Her support is all but gone, her mages are deserting her in droves. Her only advantage is the support of the MU, but they will not be so quick to support her when they see that she cannot do what she promised. Gentlemen, we go on to great things."

"I have no desire to see more warfare on this scale in the city. It chills me to the bone that this is necessary, but necessary it is, and I will not shirk my duty of protecting this city and it's people. I would like you all to see what has happened to Dogma; while we can rebuild it- we will rebuild it- I can imagine all to well what would happen the day combat on this scale should break out across this fair city. My friends, I would like to see that day never come again."

"We do what we must because we must,
    "We do more because we are Sav Altuas,
    "We will not allow the MU to take our city!
    "We are Sav Altuas, and we shall never fall!"
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-09-14 at 08:31 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

6. - Top - End - #846

NinjaGuy

To Anti-Librarian strategy meeting [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will get back to my men then. I must command the attack.

FOR SAV ATULAS!!!"

The dwarf unsheated his sword as he said the last words. The magical runes gleamered against the room's light.

To King James [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "King James, dear... My opinion is that a lot of people would turn their backs at you if you acted this way.

They ARE dangerous, but their greatest strenght is what they represent to the eyes of the commoners. We may have to get rid of them eventually, but for now they would be invaluable, to help us get rid of the petty bands and the Blackfist and the Wren.

If it is Your Grace wish to finish them by force..... Then I would advice to time such actions wisely, and to try to sever the Ram's bond with the commoners at least a little first.

We can't help for now, half a city away as we are. Is there any way you can help us to expand?"

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

They've sworn an oath to give us control over the Traitor's Bridge and stop dealing with the Warlords. I assume they've also made an agreement with you. Should we make a pact of our own, that in the case either one is betrayed we act as one to punish the Merchants? That way they cannot satisfy one of us just to fight off the other by force.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To House Wallen [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Expand? Are your forces not occupied with the librarian this month? Next month, when she is no longer a significant threat, we can talk of expansion"

"I can work to show the people the falsehood behind the Ram's words, but they work just as hard to improve their image. In the end, nothing would be achieved."

To the Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, I shall look out for that. It should not be hard to miss"

9. - Top - End - #849

NinjaGuy

House Wallen

To King James [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That's part of the problem, James.
    You don't need to prove them wrong, you need to prove yoursef right.

Show yourself to the people, help them, and make them love you. We will do the same. You have allies, have them do the exact same thing in your name.
    We need the traders and workers, and at least some of the lower class, but it can be done.

When the time comes to create the new Constitution and decide, we will have a lot more leverage than them, but they will bring the lower city to the deal. And they are needed for that, just as the Doctor and the Guilds.

Let it be clear; I'm not saying them "Don't destroy them". I'm saying "Destroy them when you can win from their destruction, and don't lose your good reputation in the process".

If you destroy them by force now, there will always be those who could point their mud-stained fingers at Your Majesty and call you a tyrant.

Chaos, such as the Blackfist, would be strenghtened by the destruction of the Ram now. And also the Wren.

However, we have an advantage. The Ram, unlike the Wren and the Blackfist, claim to be supporters of order and the law. If we get the Constitution we want, they will be tied up by it. If the Constitution says there is a King who has power to rule, they will have to abide.
    If the Constitution mantains several of the powers of Nobility, too.

When the Constitution it's written, there will be consensus about it. If the Constitution WE want is written (With a King with Power and a Parliament divided by class), they will have to raise in arms against it, of course.
    To mantain their promise of "Pure democracy", and their leverage on the people, they will have to raise against us.

And that's the time to finish them by force. Everyone will agree that they are oathbreakers and traitors in that case. Many of their own people will desert their cause because of that.

Public opinion will favour you, James. AND you will be able to crush them.
    Even more, we will be able to help.
    Which, as was pointed out, we can't do right now.

Of course, in the end, to take action or not is Your Majesty's decission. We will abide by it.

Oh, James, about the expansion; We should talk more [Next turn]. I hope to have news on your new orator."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-09-15 at 11:26 AM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Gears Chosen (8)

To Champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is probably possibly however, to present some trinket that would work by the same principal, if that is what would be needed to gain the patronage of the more farsighted and inspired Guilds. I'm afraid it will otherwise be several months before be we can present out work, although that may just be a tad too pessimistic

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Such a pact seems perfectly agreeable to me, and I'm sure the Grand Designer would have no problem using some excuse to take a shot at the Merchants. In fact, he's become quite inspired over something that would help neutralize their control of the river.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #851
    Bugbear in the Playground

Turn 6 Results
    November, 1032 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    Dancing To Our Tune

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

What follows is the month's contents of the Standard, summarized in reports on your desk, with occasional excerpts included for context.

The Librarian of the Elements has suffered horrendous losses this month, losing most of her remaining mages and summoned creatures in a series of decisive battles in the ruins of Dogma. The MU shaker magi with her, on the other hand, have not lost very much at all.

The chaos in Dogma has at the very least been contained by relief efforts, though the constant fighting has mostly limited the aid to helping refugees instead of more permanent rebuilding.

It is known that mages wearing a white stripe on their arm are intending to surrender to and work for Doctor Vassari.

The healing school run by the Church of Neposh has attracted many of the Librarian's former followers who are trying to get out of Blacksgage by any means necessary.

The Council Road has pushed through Fractures and Mains, crossing half of Oldtown in a month.

Guild's Row has been rebuilt into what it was originally intended to be. The con men and professional spies have been thrown out, and in their place has arisen a reconstructed Commerce House, as well as the new Medico Guildhall.

More merchant marine vessels bearing Mercantile flags have been put into the water by the Shipwright's Guild.

The Mercantile's Guild has begun the construction of a series of forts and waystations along their major trade routes, with the intent of making travel safer and easier.

The Empty Blood team wins the Blackfist cup this month, in a series of brutal matches that put several members of the Technist team in the hospital.

A plot by the Blackfist Brotherhood to suppress local watch forces in Fat Tippest and seize the estates of many factory owners and managers was (mostly) foiled by the unexpected presence of Technists Guild guardsmen and defensive emplacements. The Tippest City Watch and the Guild took heavy casualties defending the area.

Chaos caused by wild mages from Downline preceded the Blackfist attack on Fat Tippest by several days.

The Gear's Chosen, in collaboration with the Guardians of the Faith from Orsag's Temple Lodge, the Jujhar Lions and the bailiff-priests of Taborin's Balance have purged the necromancers from the Mendicant's Field.

UAL workers, guided by Chosen overseers, are building something large in the Underdocks, though none of the workers can agree on what exactly it is.

The fighting forces of the Worldbreaker gang confederacy in Old Jack's Run fell to a combined force of Dreumont and Gear's Chosen, led by the Gilded Pyramid. The Laheim mercenaries that fought with the Worldbreakers are, for the most part, still alive, with several recovering in Bloodhaven Hospital.

Lightning is flickering in the windows of the Chosen Laboratories in Factories South.

The Technists Guild has perfected a cargo-hauling airship, and is currently in the process of rebuilding the airfield at Orn Gaspar with help from several other guilds.

The army of the Ram has spent the month patrolling Pits and arresting or killing gang members.

Funds provided by the Ram Revolution have spurred the artists of Dozen Dancers to new levels of passion. Especially popular is the song "The Children's Ram," though most people only want to hear it when they're in a good and melancholy drunk.

The locals of Dozen Dancers are flocking to join the Church of Neposh.

The message of the Ram Revolution is heard and widely accepted in Annosus.

A series of riots in Pepperstoch are brutally suppressed by Malcolm Exarn and Warden forces.

An attempt by the Hath Poisoner's Society to poison the Wardens' Commander Tarmin and a number of new recruits training under him was foiled by Tara Jezel and her able compatriots. An ambush intended to kill Jezel and her team afterwards ended when Kylar DePoche slew every member of the Poisoner's Society at the scene.

The Silversmith's Guild pours money and other resources into rebuilding Dappled Court in the wake of the Heladuit vendetta.

Some interesting pieces of mildly-enchanted silver jewelry are coming out of the Silversmith's Guild's forges this month.

Lord Wallen releases his much-anticipated political manifesto, printed through a contract with the Bookbinder's Guild. The Wallen Manifest, as it is known, advocates, among other things, for a constitutional monarchy.

Ansigaris in Embassy Row are patrolling with shiny new equipment and the blessing of the Ambassadorial Guard.

Rumblings are coming from beneath the streets in Bunkers, Dovel, Allscross, Silver Way and Changer's Row.

The Militia of Order and Justice and the Fist of Neposh spend the month in a tense standoff in Lead Ferrow.

A new tithing law affecting even nonbelievers goes into effect in territory controlled by the Church of Neposh, though enforcement remains spotty at best.

A public relations campaign by the EBSA was hastily recalled when the Blackfist Brotherhood attacked Fat Tippest instead of sending forces to Blacksgage to fight the Librarian, as the propaganda had stated.

Confusion reigns in the Dreuger Grounds as the Defeated come under attack. Most accounts agree that the attackers are members of the Heladuit Court and the Brotherhood of the Flowering Rose, but most accounts also agree that the entire membership of the Brotherhood and Meridia Heladuit were present at a public social event held near the Rose Sanctum.

House Laurier troops are spotted attempting to throw axes at targets while doing backflips in Lomb Circle.

Swordsware is being heavily advertised as the best place in the city to purchase weapons and armor, and has become the one-stop shop for mercenaries and adventurers looking for equipment.

Recruitment efforts by many factions slow this month as the colder weather turn people to care for their own families and homes.

A woman crying tears of blood tried to assassinate the Wren during a public speech.

A group of ambassadors from the newly-formed Diplomatic Corps heads out to Verdan.

Doctor Callenti of Imperial Third was found dead on his examination table, with a blood-soaked mannequin standing over him.

Gerald Neilson, the representative of Lucas Deplorian sent to handle the situation in Sav Altulas after the fight between Embler and the Wardens, has left the city. He is currently touring the Shattered Lands to ensure that all of the deliveries that were delayed by the fighting reached their intended destinations, and as such may (for the moment, anyway) be contacted using the Warlords Contacts trait.

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Skeeve Redeye: Poisoner, serial killer, alchemist, dollmaker and rumored demon.
    2 from Agia Lonecutter, 6 from Illarym Empire

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Technist Press: 4 to anyone who destroys the press blueprints designed by the Technists Guild.
    Posted by Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    1 from Doctor Vassari

NOTE: It is now solidly winter. As such, some actions may become more difficult, and some traits may become more or less useful. For example, Black Powder Weapons traits start to have less effect.

Turn 7 Begins
    December, 1032
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Dogma

The fighting had been going on for a long time now, and the district showed it. The Librarian's mages were easy enough to rout by this point with their morale weakening further every single day. It was those Shaker mages that everyone was learning to hate. Well, hate more than they already did. More than one house converted into a strongpoint by council forces was rendered useless by a barrage of lightning and fire by cruel dark-robed men.

From one such command post Captain Rargo commanded his men. His aide flinched as a massive explosion rocked the building, kept at bay by the tireless work of the mages standing firm on the roof. Consul Blizzardmarch, singed but otherwise no worse for way strode down the stairs and gave the order for water. As he gulped down the cool drink and moved over to the table "How is it looking Captain"

"Hard to say" The large man began to point out enemy strongpoints on the map "We're containing those damned Shakers for now, but that's causing its own problems"

The Captain began to point at current troop movements "We're being forced into a snarl of an urban combat, where large scale conflict is difficult" he sighed "Our forces and theirs are being broken up into small squads, where they usually have the advantage. Right now only our advantage is our numbers. If we don't finish this quickly they'll turn whats left of this district into a fortress of twisted rock and blasted structures"

The consul watched and nodded "At least most of the refugees are out"

"The ones we know of"
    The Captain answered grimly "More and more are found dead in the wreckage every day. Bastards did a number to the innocents in this district"

"Then lets hope that Lythene is holding up her end of this"

"Lets hope" and after another moment, the Captain donned his helm and strode out into the maelstrom.

The Halls of Final Justice

The red-haired Deputy Chief of Staff swore viciously and overturned the desk in front of her. The agents in front of her squeaked and fled the office before she turned her anger on them as well. Kara turned and slammed her fist into the wall, leaving a sizable indent "Son of a whore" she hissed. Again and again her forces had been outmaneuvered and out matched by whoever was infesting her damned city.

It was bad enough that they were losing ground by the moment, but the fact that the daylight was keeping her pent up within the Halls was the final nail in the proverbial coffin. In her long life, rarely had she been so angry. A knock at her door frame caused her to snap her head up and begin to snarl, canine exposed until she realized it was Dekan.

The old human looked around the office and shook his head "This is quite the mess you know that?"

She growled and bent down to right her desk, which she did with a pained heave "I may have let my temper get the better of me"

"Its not healthy to get bloodlust in the middle of the office" he chastised lightly, only partly kidding "It scares the interns"

"Its this whole situation Dekan" she groaned, slumping into her undamaged chair " I don't have the resources to stop them, not even our friends could turn the odds in our favor"

O'vail nodded, placing a hand on the desk "Its time to tell the council, and anyone else who will be able to help. Working alone isn't what we do- we aren't strong enough to keep the whole city togethor. They have to do that for us- we can only help"

Kara nodded "I can tell them"

"No, no you can't" he shook his head "You have to be busy with your ear to the ground, hitting up every sleezy contact and information broker you've accumulated. I'll have Aran pick up these papers" he gestured to the room "and have a brief made up for Weaver. She'll bring them the news. "
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 7):

TO: The Council
    Spoiler
    Show

General Krodok and a token force have continued to hold ground in the palace. Do we have plans to return soon, or can these troops return home?

TO: Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

Are you still willing to help us this turn? The gangs in the pits are crumbling, and this winter will be the time to strike, when they aren't as able to run and hide in the streets

TO: The artist responsible for The Children's Ram
    Spoiler
    Show

The Revolution is in need of an anthem. The Children's Ram was an excellent work, easily the best of all that were created last month. I would like to commission you to create an anthem for the revolution - something upbeat and inspiring, that will draw people to our banner and keep the moral of our troops high. Do this and you will be paid half what all the artists last month were given total, assuming the song is as inspiring as your previous work. (1 WEL)

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mercantile's guild

to Gears chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    i trust the goods safely arrived?

to champions/wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would like to meet with you both in the stocks. i am sure you both know what this is in regards to.

to Gerald Nielson[warlord contacts]
    Spoiler
    Show
    many thanks for the swivel-guns. would you be willing to set me up with blackpowder weapons III this month?

OOC: like 10 WEL?

to hosts-watch/shipwrights guild[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: i figure i technically dont own the neghborhoods i would just send a message. instead of putting it into my EOT or anything

hosts-watch/shipwrights: i recomend that you put all available resources towards gearing up for war, whether it be training new men or better equipping your current forces. the reason for this is that the Wardens may be planning a strike against all known allies of the mercantile's guild. hopefully i can solve this peacefully but just as a precaution. mark my words though, we are not alone. Doctor Vasiri and bloodhaven have already pledged their support.

shipwrights: i would like you to keep a close eye on the river. i have recieved word that the Wardens or the gears-chosen may be seeking a way to contest our dominance of the river.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's completely possible, yes. We have enough forces freed up from our recent operations to give our promised commitment

To Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is this some cruel jest? Did you think we wouldn't notice when you didn't hand over the Book Of Inventory and Heaven knows what else?

To the Temples of the Mendicant Fields
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings! now that we have managed to drive the foul necromancers from their lairs, we must establish a more permanent solution to the problem of those who would disturb the dead. Now before the attack, almost all of you agreed to participate in a sort of Grave Guard, a organized force from all of our armed forces to patrol and ensure that certain graves aren't patrolled every half hour while others are never attended.

Due to our much stronger resource base, The Gear's Chosen will be willing to supply administration and coordination staff, a substantial portion of the manpower needed, and whatever actual supplies are needed.

To Dreumont
    Spoiler
    Show
    Victory is Upon Us my friends! The worldbreakers are broken, and all that remains is restoring order and establishing a new authority in Old Jacks Run. With the number of forces you already have in the territory any help would be greatly appreciated.

There remains, however, the other parts of the pact we made before this venture. For my parts, I would very much like to take up quarters in Icy Mount and live in cultured area, if a house is available. Beyond that, we'll require a few of your exceptionally skilled frost mages to aid us in our industrial work and provide support for the Golden Pyramid, as the combination of fire and ice worked so wonderfully in Jack's Run.

Finally, may I ask the opinion you fine gentlemen have of the Defeated?

-Joshua

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show

I understand that work on the Project is proceeding apace?

Regardless, the Grand Designer has given me plans for a..social reorganization that is to take place With the completion of his current project and the pacification of Jack's Run. As the, admittedly still somewhat unorganized, unions provide our labour in the factories, and you our completing a major order for us, it will involve the hierarchy of the UAL is many important secular positions. Would such a reorganization be acceptable to you?

-Joshua

OOC: So does what I'm investing in bribes and wages help subvert some of the loyalty of the Unions to me?

To Militia of Order and Justice
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Designs. Now
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2012-09-18 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Bloodhaven, Dogma

Melissa found Vasari at the ruins of a house in Dogma. He was sitting in the remains of the wall, examining the scattered possessions of the family that once lived here. There were only scraps left, anything of value was taken by the original owners or looted.

’’You are needed at the hospital, Doctor’’, she hid the accusatory note in her voice.

’’I’ll be there shortly.’’ He replied looking up at the dark December skies.

’’Is something wrong?’’ Melissa shivered.

’’It’s getting colder, isn’t it? I’ve always liked cold. It keeps you moving. Reminds you about the life in your body, with every brush of cold wind or the fall of snow.’’

’’You are not moving now Doctor.’’

’’I’m just resting for a bit.’’

They heard voices coming from the south. It sounded like a patrol of soldiers, in a celebratory mood after the victory over the Librarian. Vasari stood up and walked to the collapsed fireplace. His entire demeanour suddenly changed into his regular energetic and confident self. He was uncertain and… maybe afraid just now. Melissa realized. But afraid of what? Vasari snatched something from between the half burned planks of the floor and put it in his pocket.

’’Let’s go then. I could use a hot bowl of Marduk’s soup and then we can deal with the business.’’ His voice now had that usual cheerful undertone.

Melissa followed him back to the temporary hospital tents. They passed soldiers, striking a brief conversation with them. Vasari made a joke, that made them erupt in laughter and one of the soldiers invited her to dance, once they were off the duty. At the field hospital, the workers were busy unpacking crate with Verdan prosthetic limbs and several doctors and mages from Church of Neposh were chatting amiably. A box of chocolates from Lord Founders was waiting for her, as a thank you gift for her assistance in his recovery. She ate one, before returning to her duties.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

17. - Top - End - #857
    Colossus in the Playground

Fat Tippest

"Quiet, they said. Quick they said. Totally ineffective watch, they said."
    Ninefinger spat, as he crouched behind a barrel in a narrow alleyway. On the other side of the street, Whitefox, the newest member of their cell, chanced a quick look around his cover and was greeted by a hiss and a shower of dust as a roof-mounted steambow blew two inches away from the corner of the alley.
    "That's the Technist's Guild!", Ongo shouted over. "Are we even fighting them?"
    "Damn sure I'm fighting any man what aims a steambow at me!", Ninefinger shouted back. "Smoke!"
    Smokesticks were tossed, and two men climbed up the walls, leaping over alleys to surround the steambow team. Coming from behind, one technist went down with a knife in his back and two others were knocked out unceremoniously.
    "It's a bloody mess, I tell you. A bloody mess."

Blackfist to the Technist's Guild: [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time for talks, I suppose?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-09-18 at 06:26 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Anti-Librarian Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm going to have to withdraw my spies, to help combat Redeye. My military will all stay to continue the fight, and I should hopefully be able to assist personally, along with Commander Bran."

King James

To the Merchantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I do not believe I can spare the time for a private meeting, what with the Librarian still being a significant problem. If you want to deliver your message privately, I'll respond over open channels."

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild to the Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry bout that, we've been trying to infiltrate them ourselves, and becuse we haven't focused on millitiary growth, we planed on taking the guards out first, then taking out the managers with the help of the workers in two months. And one of the reasons we had to delay was because our funds were tied up, and we wanted to make the factories a lot safer.

Do you have any idea how bad the safety is in these things? Seriously, it makes our ealry gas generation methods seem bloody safe. Any case, if you leave Fat Tippest to us, we'll do a Tech project for you. As one of the few technological powers in the city, there's probobly something you'd like.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

20. - Top - End - #860

Blackfist to the Technists [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    Misunderstandings all around, it seems.

Here's a proposal. We want three things.

First, give us the managers. We want to put them on trial, to be judged by their own workers in the arena.

Second, we cooperate in our goals. We give you access to Factories North and Fat Tippest to upgrade workplace safety, while you let us help you in providing cheap housing for refugees, orphans and the unemployed in Fat Tippest. We may have to move against the UAL, they have been singularly uncooperative in regards to safety and better working conditions. The Chosen might be pulled into this one as well.

Third, the tech project. Would you know anything about cryptography or communication? We have been trying to upgrade our internal security and the delivery of secret messages, what we currently have is sorely lacking.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-09-18 at 07:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild to the Blackfist
    Spoiler
    Show

On the Managers, we had planed to take almost everything from them then let 'em go, but your way sounds good too.

And ya, we have some stuff planed for the UAL, but we needed for a shipment to come in to do anything. And we have some social programs we hope to work out. Planing on free basic education, and a scholarship program for promising students. We're also hoping that the upgrades will add some jobs, and we got a few make work projects that should tide them over.

And we'll get to work on the encoding. That's one we need to work on ourselves, and we'll send the papers over when we got progress on it.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding the Incarnation we were discussing earlier, progress is progressing wonderfully. As you have shown some interest in this beforehand, I thought you may be interested in a progress report, You Majesty.

The Incarnation is complete in it's crudest stages. It can complete its task but is far too unreliable and inefficient at the moment, requiring significantly more work. As such, I must come back to something you mentioned earlier, about receiving the patronage of the guilds in completing the Incarnation? With some small amount of funding we would be able to complete it by the New Year
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Mewlings Field Office

"Nothing is ever easy" Press Secretary Weaver lowered her head to the desk she had stolen from a lower level EBSA functionary early in the crisis. The desk, smaller than she was used to, was absolutely covered with papers- mostly retracted articles that the bookbinders had made up and subsequently pulled when the Blackfist never arrived.

A knock on her door caused her to sit up "Come in"

There her young secretary was standing, lugging a massive folder "Anala" she said breathlessly, wiping a piece of hair from her eyes "A runner just brought this from the Halls"

Weaver rolled her eyes, leaning back in her chair heavily "Don't they know I have a mini-crisis to deal with?" she gestured to the paper strewn table "Don't they have anyone else to deal with this"

"No ma'am" the girl looked nervous, placing the heavy file upon the desk, scattering news pieces onto the floor "This is straight from the Deputy Chief of Staff's Office"

The Press Secretary's eyes closed for a moment "I quit Lynore, I'm done"

Lynore chuckled and turned, bustling out of the room "I'll get you some tea then Ms. Secretary."

"Yeah" she sat and flipped open the file, beginning to scan the contents "Thank you..." she would need it, it was going to be a long couple of weeks.

Factions of the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Respected Council Members,

We have a major problem. The EBSA is calling an emergency council meeting at the Halls of Final Justice. We cannot speak on the matter through letters.

Press Secretary Anala Weaver
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We have nothing to hide, and so gain nothing from a secret meeting. If there is something you wish to tell us, you can do so over ordinary messages.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #865

NinjaGuy

Lodstrom Party

To Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    It should be a closed meeting, then. I'll attend.
    Madame Beteoui.

OOC: MARKED PM
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-09-18 at 12:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, it seems that the Mercantile guild has satisfied neither of us? Would you like to continue trying to talk to them, or activate that pact we've made?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Council;
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Right. I'll be there."

King James

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to the Council and Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show

The Commander himself is currently unable to attend - we wish to empower King James to speak for us at the meeting.

Wardens to Gear's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll give them this one chance to explain themselves. If they haven't fixed things by [The EoT]...
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen (9)

To Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are of roughly the same opinion, if they haven't satisfied us both in full by the new year (EOT), some actions must be taken.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #870

Blackfist to the Technist's Guild, DM [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

"We seem to be in agreement then. I suggest we clean up this mess here together, then find ways to deal with the UAL. We will begin infiltration in preparation.

DM: The Technist's and Blackfist will work together in Fat Tippest against the Watch, then. Hopefully we can clean this situation up soon.