Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Zelmac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to send a few men down under Elfwatch and see what all this rumbling is about.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild
    Def Esp 7

To Bloodhaven and Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings we have been expanding the magical library, and have had some success. Are you planning to aid in this matter this month.

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are expanding our metro system, and would like to do so in Runner's City. May we have permission to do so under your territory.

To the Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to call in our option to expand our metro service under Fat Tippest. We would also like to expand under Downline and Factories North.

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are in favor of accepting the Free Masons and Carpenter's Guild

We are also interested in hearing what you propose for foreign trade, although we must note that our own interests lie internal to Sav Altulas.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-11-01 at 09:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

On the matter of the Masons guild, we do not oppose their joining.

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been haveing some small problems with the storms you've been generating near the Airyard. Not telling you to stop, just that you control it better.

To whoever controls the University
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be intrested in finding several tomes that we had lost when the sorceress took charge. We knew they were in the university, but posscesed not enough of a MIL to take them. If we could search for them?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To Doctor Vassari: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I agree. The throne room will be off-limits until further notice"

To Doctor Vassari / Wardens: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Just a lot of bandits. We'll avoid the big four for now. Shouldn't need to prepare for anything, beside any influx of new resources."

To Doctor Vassari / EBSA [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The city has a prison. The Blackfist just need to stop forbidding people access to it."

To the Sausage Guild: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Are you satisfied with our discussions last month, or is there more to talk about? If everything is fine, I'll start officially inviting people into the houses."

"The remaining issue with taxes can be sorted out by the House of Merchants in their first session."

To the Technists Guild [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings. We haven't spoken for a while. Is there anything your guild requires?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-01 at 09:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist

On the back of a political pamphlet lying around on many busy street intersections:
    "James, James, James. Are you talking about us behind our backs again? That's just not polite. And if you do, at least try to keep it secret. What you do is the political equivalent of a stage whisper.
    If you want to reopen the prison, at least have the guts to ask, boy."

To the Sausage Guild [7]
    Feel free. It was part of the agreement, after all.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-01 at 10:09 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Gear's Chosen

To Blackfists
    Spoiler
    Show
    do you want us to continue work in Downline? I'm afraid that in the current circumstances it seems to be rather futile.

To Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly, it's 4 wealth/morale to electrify an light a neighborhood, so if you can provide six we'd be happy to give the other two and go ahead with the work.

To Vasari
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Longspeak tower was only being researched at the request of the Blackfists. It is rather futile at this point regardless.

To Technist Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will try to gain some more fine control over Network, but considering ow vital it is to so many projects at this point, I'm afraid we cant' guarantee anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are just requesting to look for some old books of ours at the university.

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    On that matter... there is posibly a book at the university that used to be in the control of our guild. However, it was lost sometime ago. It deals with Electromagentic systems, from what we can tell, and so might prove useful to you.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

To Technists
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be quite interested in such a work, yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Blackfist:

"Okay then. If you're done with the prison, restore control of it to Malcolm Exarn. We'll forget that you seized it unjustly from him, butchering the innocent men under his command in the process"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-01 at 10:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

To Blackfist:

"He might forget."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Blackfist

"Ah, yes, the Innocent Men. Who pushed prisoners into an arena every weekend to flay each other alive for the entertainment of Desoui. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not seeking your forgiveness in this matter.
    If you want anyone imprisoned (we suggest you start with some of your noble "friends"), we suggest you send them over to the prison and we'll have a look at them."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Blackfist:

"Absolutely not. You have no authority to decide who will, and will not remain in the prison. That is the responsibility of the courts. By interfering with that right, you have broken the law."

"We demand you hand over the prison immediately"

Resseville:

The Champions of Sovereignty assemble their forces by the edge of the Blackfists territory.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-01 at 11:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Blackfist

Demand all you want, boy. You have no more authority over anyone than we do. We don't respect your laws anymore than you respect us.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-01 at 11:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 9):

Gears:
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent! We will provide 6 stats for the electrification.

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

What exactly would you building this metro system entail, and what would the people of Runner's City gain from it?

Blackfists:
    Spoiler
    Show

While I hope it won't come to it, you have our support against the threats and attempted tyranny of James. If such an event were to happen, would you be willing to allow us to pass through your territory in order to lend assistance?

"King" James:
    I suggest telling your men to stand down. Few of the inhabitants of Runner's City abide gang leaders trying to enforce their pathetic demands with swords. A shiny hat doesn't give you the right to order others around.

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #1365

Downline

A group of blackfist men and wild mages march up on the border to Resseville and start clucking, miming wings and calling "Chicken! Chicken!" at the Sovereignty troops.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

Evening Games Club (desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We may be able to help in your current problems. As I am sure we all are aware this is probably not a secure talk, so would you be opposed to a private meeting between the church, your Games Club, and the Gentlemens association?

To Silver Blood Genetlemens association (desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We may be able to help in your current problems. As I am sure we all are aware this is probably not a secure talk, so would you be opposed to a private meeting between the church, the Games Club, and your Gentlemens association?

To Militia Order of Justice (desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

General Kos

We are going to be hosting a party in Annoses to celibrate the destruction of the Empty Blood Gang. We would like for you to attend and show your support of the church. Can we plan on your attendance?

- Harvey Hashawk

To the Champions of Sovergnty (desp 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

You asked a while back what the church seeks. We apologize for the slow response time, but the church has much to organize. The church is looking to solidify Old Town and make it into a religious district. We are and have been talking with the Militia order peacefully about this goal, and we feel we are making headway. We don't believe the ESBA will need to be involved, as they keep their matters separate from relgious docterine. That leaves Annoses, where the Ram seems to be determined to controlling, Silverthian, which we believe is only a matter of time, and Leads Farrow, which should sort itself out with the Militia Order

The second goal, one we hope to start on soon, will be in remaking the Bleak Cathedral into the House of Neposh. This will be a long project, and since it will better the church but do less for the city, asking for outside assistance seems kind of strange.

The third goal will be to separate faith and religion. As you know, bringing beliefs into politics doesn't help anything get accomplished. We will be creating a doctrine and seeking political heads to approve it later this turn. You will be one of the first ones to see and look it over.

Our fourth and ever present goal is to spread the faith. This is the area where a powerful man such as yourself can help the most.

As far as learning magic, we are skilled healers and enchanters. What are you proposing?

To the Sausage Guild (desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We had some emergency issues that had to be attended to last turn. We will be giving 2 WEL this turn, and some MAG into the education.

To Board of Education (desp 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can spare 2 MAG this turn to help the school. I am personally interested in strengthing the wards. What is the silent tower you have in the proposed budget?

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Board of Education [PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show

Silent Tower: magical equivalent of Commerce Hall to let us have free PMs.

ESGE [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’ve been receiving reports of some creature hiding in the Opera House. If some phantom monster has made its home there, it could affect performance. I hope you’ll ensure proper security.''

Champions [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You say an influx of resources. I’m glad Wardens are back protecting the caravans and we’ll start receiving tribute from our vassals. However, I was born in the Shattered Lands and I have walked them enough to know what’s out there. I would say 4 out of 5 of those lumber mills, mines and animal farms are run with machinery from the times of old Talidor, by either incompetent or corrupt masters.''

''You can defend those lands, but you lack competent overseers and resources to establish resource harvesting and infrastructure. The SGA has both. We can come to a profitable arrangement. Let us manage the resource harvesting – all those mines and farms. Our Manpower. Our Technology. Our Expertise. We’ll run them at top efficiency. The Champions will receive taxes from all of them that will allow you to focus on military operations and defending law and order.''

[Edit - If you are interested, a report on your findings in Shattered Lands would be nice start for us to plan on how to restore them]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-01 at 03:01 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Board of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed, there are plans for the construction of a meeting room for the executives and educators to meet privately. There are several unused rooms from which we are deciding- here, here, and... this one here." Pontiss points to the three rooms in turn. "It really doesn't matter which one we end up deciding on.

Our priorities for the moment are security of the university and students.

In addition to the projects mentioned, which may prove of interest to the faculty or students, there has been interest expressed in developing a magical communications system for communication within the university and to outside agencies as well.
    However, I do not believe Zancharian magic should be pursued. A magic which enabled a people to enslave most of the known world would be a threat to this city, indeed to the world, should it make it's way into the wrong hands again."

"I also believe it would be beneficial to create an acquisitions department to acquire rare tomes of knowledge which may be beneficial to the university. The Technists have already mentioned the existence of lost books of knowledge from before the reign of Desoui that could be very valuable to this institution."

"Now, In order to create more effective wards, we will need to research advanced antimagic. Our current technology will stop many low-level magical spying, but any truly skilled person, such as those who will be graduating the university, would be able to bypass it."

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pfah! Absurd. Let the men talk. Thespians always have been and always will be a superstitious folk. Leave them to their strange ways, my friend, or you shall inevitably be blamed for bad luck because you broke some obscure theater taboo.

Technists' guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm afraid the university's Acquisition department is not fully developed as of yet. I will keep you posted on further developments in this regard.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To Doctor Vassari: [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will use our own resources as best as we can to restore the shattered lands, and come to you if that is not enough."

"We can not reveal details of our findings, for security reasons. I invite the SGA to send a representative to join us in our next operation."

To the Church of Neposh [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I figured I would just pay you money for training. I don't really want to support any one religion over another."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-01 at 05:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren [8]

To Blackfists, Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps we should meet again this month. I will be able to attend such a meeting personally this time. I believe there are matters of mutual interest to be resolved.

21. - Top - End - #1371

Blackfist to the Wren [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course. We're always ready for more talks.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Board of Education [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Intelligent Birds could serve as an excellent means of communication.

Zancharian Magic might still be viable, if only to make sure we learn from the past mistakes and have countermeasures in case history repeats itself.

I'm of course in favor of Acquisitions Department. I simply believe that first we must make sure, that knowledge we acquire is secure. I believe, that with assistance of Sausage Guild, we can start with establishing an archaeological team, that will excavate city's underbelly and ancient ruins.

[Can you put your proposal Agenda with percentages of points of MAG?]

ESGE [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''If it were actors who were talking, I'd be calm. But I've asked Blackspell Watch to keep an eye on the Opera, and it's their reports, that alerted me of this creature. Perhaps it is indeed nothing to worry about. But perhaps not. Blackgage District is a place of odd things...''

''I’m highly concerned about the safety of the Desoui’s body as well as certain projects of hers. The Daisong Palace is accessible now – and there are those, who would wish to destroy evidence or steal remnants of her power. Would your fighters be able to protect the site and your Mages assist me with study of Desoui’s condition?''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Shattered Lands

I have spoken with King James, offering our assistance in reclaiming and rebuilding the Shattered Lands. However, it appears he doesn't wish our expertise and capital involved.

SGA Projects

I would like to ask the assembled SGA members, what projects would be of interest to you.

We can work on improving our Airship Trade, establish an underground transportation system in the Sausage Guild tunnels, expand or renovate the City, sponsor Arts and Culture.

Or perhaps you have suggestions of your own?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-01 at 05:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren [8]

To Blackfist [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wren meets the Blackfist representatives a little away from their last meeting, in a neutral spot. "Ah. Good afternoon. I trust you have heard of his latest move by the King?" The Wren sighs.

"Still, I'm not ready for an open war on the streets of Runners city and I think James could bring more force to bear that we'd like. But. think I can get him to make concessions, and leave us free to needle him when he turns his back."

"Would you consent to my negotiating on your behalf with the King?"

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

Board of Education
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the Gentlemen of the ESGE would be happy to help the archaeological team with their exploration [trait 'Well Travelled'].

One thing we should do is allow students to do research projects in conjunction with professors, possibly even for organizations in the city, to expand the wealth of knowledge of the university.

I believe that at this time, we should focus on preparing the university to receive students and on a meeting place in the university for it's staff. [maybe 60/40 respectively] The research areas can be determined afterwards based on the interests of the staff, students, and community.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm, yes, that could prove a legitimate problem. I would request that the Blackjack Boys patrol that area as well, but I fear it would be perceived as a military occupation of he area.

[edit: completed]
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-11-01 at 06:56 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

It was the Sausage Guild expanding their metro system.

Evening Games Club and Silver Blood Gentlemen's Association to Church of Neposh (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Neither of our societies has any problems as a whole, I am afraid. We are organizations dedicated to getting away from the stress of everyday life, and forgetting our usual problems. Individual members may be another matter, however, and I understand some of them would be interested in speaking with you.

Militia of Order and Justice to Chuch of Neposh (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course I will attend, though I would like to point out that declaring the gang finished may be premature. We have eliminated the thugs on the streets, yes, but Empty Blood still lurks in the shadows, and we have not yet found their leader, the man in the red mask.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

To King James
    Spoiler
    Show
    i hear you and the Wardens are out in the Shattered-Lands. may i ask why i was not invited to help? i have worked out there before and also have a series of partially constructed forts which might have been useful if your seeking to secure the region...not to mention i have contacts out there that might have provided you with information

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    as i said before, i dont exactly trust the motivation for this expedition of king James and his lackeys. clearly they dont want us meddling, even though the efforts i have put into securing the region over the last several months, as well as my contacts, could help tremendously. i suggest we be very careful around them. in fact i suggest we all quietly build up our forces to defend our interests if they are threatened...

in regards to the other projects, i am open to just about anything. though i have other plans for my wealth, i have other resources to help.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    is the construction of the workshops and UAL offices complete? my EoT suggested they were but the post seemed to say different.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Mercantile Guild [5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I apologize for not including you. How much to buy the forts from you?"

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Board of Education (we need some cool-sounding name, really. Like ’’The Constellation of the Enlightened & Beshadowed’’) [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The White-Stripe Mages have an organization that allows for apprentices to assist the Mages with research. We simply need to apply the organizational system of White-Stripe Mages to the Daimot University as a whole. I’ll see to that.''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Shattered Lands

''Personally, I believe that while Champions and Wardens focus on conquering the Shattered Lands, we can focus on restoring the trade to the level before the death of Sorceress Desoui.''

''Mercantile Guild has those forts, so we finish their construction and build up our forces to protect them. Send envoys to the major Warlords and convince them to increase the volume of trade with us.''

Sausage Guild

Daimot University is interested in forming an Archaeological Mission. Would you be interested in assisting with that, with your digging an d underground expertise for either payment or share of findings?

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 things

1. i am working on acquiring enough Blackpowder Weapons to equip all of us with BPW IV. however this will likely be a large undertaking so any who wish to help should do so.

2. i agree with Vasiri's proposal that the forts be completed. same with above, any who have spare wealth, are encouraged to help. i also propose we each garrison the forts with 1 MIL which would no doubt serve as a deterrant against all but the most determined attacker.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Blackfist to the Ram and the Wren [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed we have anticipated that you'd offer that." This time, the friendly littlefinger has been replaced by the Index, the Blackfist's mage and scholar.
    "In fact, I have taken the liberty of preparing a document dictating our terms for the King. The short version is that we will abandon the current legal system and replace it by public trials by randomly chosen juries, which will determine everything, including sentence and punishment. Because we will not recognize James' judicial authority, nor that of any judge he appoints.
    In exchange, we will give up control of the prison to our dear friends of hte Ram Revolution, if they should accept it."
    He looks over at the Ram representative.