New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Nice! What were you ordering, and how did the waiter/waitress respond?
    Chicken and with a remarkably polite smile.

I feel like a person with Torrets syndrome.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Had a weird pony dream (is there any other kind?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't remember the first part very well, something about a portal and time/space being all wrapped up wrong and the Elements and a stone from the other side being used together to close it and fix it up. But then there was this human who had armor which apparently doubled as a fighter jet when expanded. Very cheesy. And she was pissed because of the whole portal business, and decided to chase a fairy-like Rainbow Dash and something about her just being a dumb pony, but of course a pony has no trouble flying in and out among trees and being generally low to the ground, but just you try that in a fighter jet. It didn't help on her being pissed, but I don't remember how/if it ended

I'm totally ashamed of my dreaming mind. It comes up with some really cringe-worthy stories

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    ...while waiting she asked me about pony so i told her a bit about the show(like not being a 22min commercial like the 80's stuff) and she said it sounded interesting enough to check out later
    Sharing the joy of Pony, one person at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Huh. I was thinking Humans and Ponies both try to violently colonize the land of the Care Bears or something.
    Have you seen the latest Care Bears tv series, Welcome to Care-a-lot? You could conquor them with a baseball bat and a 6-pack of Jones Soda. I think Derpy would be a more dangerous villain than the Beastly on that show has been putting out.
    Sad too, historically Care Bears had some pretty nasty villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Mine just gets darker. For instance, at three AM two days ago, this
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOL, I know that reference! That's hilarious! And for me its 7am AND I have coffee
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Been a busy few pages of ponythread. Semi-mega-quotepost, though nothing compared to some of SiuiS' better relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Crack-Theory-Time;

Discord. Imprisoned for a thousand years or two, the first thing he does upon escaping his eternal prison is launch into what is clearly a pre-meditated plan. He inflicts chaos of unprecedented levels on Equestria and outright Dares the wielders of the Elements of Harmony to try to imprison him again. After defeating his distractions and getting everything together, they fire the elements at him, and he is reduced to a statue once more.

All according to Keikaku. (Note - Keikaku means plan).
    Discord's real goal here isn't revenge, it's freedom and safety. He knows that Celestia dare not leave him free, and that she will send the Elements and their wielders after him, so the only way to be free of his statue prison is to convince them that they have won.
    He overplays the chaos side of things, turns it way up to 11 and makes himself out to be the biggest, most insane and uncontrollable godlike madman and goads the Wielders of the Elements of Harmony into giving him everything they've got.

When they finally beat his apparent plot and activate the elements, he plays along, substituting an illusion of himself for the target and making a real statue out of it as the elements hit empty space. One lightshow later, the ponies who were too angry to be thinking clearly and too relieved to have clearly won, (as chaos subsides), are convinced a dangerous lunatic is sealed away forever, once more. Discord is free to drop the malicious trickster act (which he cribbed from his own, pre-imprisonment self and turned up to 11), and leaves equestria to take up a quiet life of only occaisional metaphysical sillyness in a land outside of Pony control. He walks away in disguise, to slightly familiar sad walking away music. (But finally free).
    So, the interesting thing about this, aside from the fact that it's in fitting with someone of Discord's apparent intelligence and power level, is that it actually has a tiny thread of support. Go back and look at the season 2 full cast posters. Specifically, this one
    Spoiler
    Show

Observe that Discord is in fact standing there admiring his own statue. Now, this poster is hardly canon for anything that could happen in the show, but it does provide us a vector image of Discord admiring his own statue. Coincidence, or conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I added myself to my buddy list. You can too!

PONYTHREAD, I NEED YOUR HELP

I am doing a final year university course and I need data. Could you spare 10 minutes and hit up this survey for me? It's non-intrusive and quick, and I only need a total of 50 responses.

If you perform this service for me, I shall shout your name at the top of my lungs at some random moment in time in real life.
    I filled out your survey. You don't need to shout my name though. I'm happy to help, you just needed to ask.

Also, have you tried going to shopping websites by way of consumer products websites? I've been told that there is a noticeable price difference if you hit up a shopping site from somewhere like consumer reports instead of going directly to the shopping website.

Edit: by the way, I looked at that article you linked about price discrimination, and oh my god I've read that Netflix Study by Narayanan and Shmatikov. It was used in the context of a paper for the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology the usefulness vs. dangers of allowing collection of information about people online. I could get you a copy if you want.

Derpy is best maid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hee, this is funny. I actually went to a maid cafe in Tokyo last week before I left Japan and one of the waitresses was wearing black and purple kitty ears and a purple and pink mark on her dress that strongly reminded me of Twilight Sparkle, although that particular waitress didn't serve me, so I never got to ask her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I am conflicted between an immediate sense of disappointment and a fridge-sense of "oh, that's a good thing."
    Having DMed for both of them, I suggest that SiuiS is, from time to time, more profound and less coherent than Thanqol.

You use green whenever you're female.
    My god, you're right. How did you notice that? I can never keep track of his multiple personas in the same post.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Uhhh, guys ... do you have any idea what to do when one of your OC's just starts grinning madly?

Heh ... hehehehe ... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler
    Show

Oh great, now he's laughing ... this can't be good.

I'll take 20 of them, paint 6 in the mane 6 color scheme, 6 more like changelings, and the rest like Luna.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-08-20 at 06:40 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #1085

Fun Theory Time (after playing Skyrim last night):

I was thinking about the two sisters and their ability to raise the Sun and Moon, but do they raise them seperately? Because if 1000 years ago Luna refused to move the moon, why couldn't Celestia just raise the sun anyway, which would overpower a night sky with or without a moon?

My theory is perhaps they aren't raising the sun and moon, but they control the rotation of Equestria between a day and night side. If they're equally powerful, then Celestia could not force the land's rotation back to the sun-side because Luna's power of keeping the land on the night side would cancel out Celestia's effort to move it.
    This would explain Celestia's ability to control both day/night cycles while NMM was imprisoned (she can rotate Equestria herself) and explain why the sun didn't rise until Celestia's release in the pilot episode.

anybody want to have a hot date with Derpy?
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOL, that is cute. My fav Derpy images are ones she misinterprets words, but still succeeds at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    This is for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    "Stabbed by a muffin" suggests that the muffin is the perpetrator, the stabber. If you want something like the picture, "stabbed with a muffin" is probably a better bet.
    Yeah, but if I correct it, I'll end up with a long line of friends attempting to end me with a basket full of day-old muffins after the DM stunt I pulled off last month. I think I'll play it safe and stick to my original statement. I'll live longer.

Uhhh, guys ... do you have any idea what to do when one of your OC's just starts grinning madly?
    Generally I threaten to put them in "The Box" and they shut up at that point.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'll take 20 of them, paint 6 in the mane 6 color scheme, 6 more like changelings, and the rest like Luna.
    It'll take some time for the production lines to churn them out, I think we only have six so far and only two of those are in Mane6 colours

Spoiler
    Show

Might I interest you in a Siege Tank in Lieu?

Spoiler
    Show

I love this guy's gallery so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Generally I threaten to put them in "The Box" and they shut up at that point.
    Annoyingly, I think he's well armed enough now that my supply of conventional boxes won't really contain him for long.

MUWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

I just have to wait till the drugs kick in first.

HAHAHAHA ... wait, what? Do you really think thag druyuuuuuu hrrrrrrrrsszzzzz *collapses*

I suppose I should secure him while I have the chance ... but I just happen to have some silver marker pens lying around!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Not pony related, but if you're looking for a good book, I would recommend finding a copy of Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch. So far everyone I've lent it to has really liked it. It's a police procedural that feels like a cross between Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, Harry Potter (but grown up), and an episode of The Bill. You might know the author from such things Remembrance of the Daleks. The book does get fairly dark at times, but to the "not for children" level.
    If this from the wiki entry

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Police Constable Lesley May; an officer in the Metropolitan Police who, having completed her mandatory probationary period, is expected to go far.
    Police Constable Peter Grant; an officer in the Metropolitan Police who, having completed his mandatory probationary period, is expected to do paperwork.
    is representative of the level of humour in it, it may have enough moments that I might take a gander. Eventually - probably next year when it's coming up to holidays, which is when I acquire and read books. (Mostly because I can't afford the space otherwise... Which is why I read so much fanfic - it's free and takes no space!) Never hurts to have one or two ideas to look at come that time period.

Hey look, another "mane cast dies for no reason" fic that's floating around on Fim's feature box for several days (not Spike this time, but RD commiting suicide or somesuch for no readily apparent reason so Twilight can blame herself. I found that one to be particularly maudlin, personally).

*skulldesk*

Seriously?

On the positive side, there also appears to be a RD/Spike shipping story (and I wrote it that way around for a reason). That looks like a giggle, will read shortly (makes a nice break between the desparate attempt to paint the last ten Jalyrkieon vehicles up mostly today, since it's my last full day at it and I want to use them on Thursday). After Rarity, I think RD is Spike's next best fit in the Mane Six - they do have a fair bit in common, and I never have forgotten Spike's initial comment about RD, so...!

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanqol, I also filled out your survey. I might have said that already, but I'm not sure.

It'll take some time for the production lines to churn them out, I think we only have six so far and only two of those are in Mane6 colours

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I love this guy's gallery so much.

Annoyingly, I think he's well armed enough now that my supply of conventional boxes won't really contain him for long.

MUWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

I just have to wait till the drugs kick in first.

HAHAHAHA ... wait, what? Do you really think thag druyuuuuuu hrrrrrrrrsszzzzz *collapses*

I suppose I should secure him while I have the chance ... but I just happen to have some silver marker pens lying around!
    Wow. Those are all awesome. And the fluttershy tank somehow manages to be adorable. (is she holding a cupcake?)
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I filled out your survey. You don't need to shout my name though. I'm happy to help, you just needed to ask.
    I don't think I can stop shouting names at this point.

Also, have you tried going to shopping websites by way of consumer products websites? I've been told that there is a noticeable price difference if you hit up a shopping site from somewhere like consumer reports instead of going directly to the shopping website.
    That would be the premise of our proposed business.

Edit: by the way, I looked at that article you linked about price discrimination, and oh my god I've read that Netflix Study by Narayanan and Shmatikov. It was used in the context of a paper for the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology the usefulness vs. dangers of allowing collection of information about people online. I could get you a copy if you want.
    I'd appreciate that!

Having DMed for both of them, I suggest that SiuiS is, from time to time, more profound and less coherent than Thanqol.
    I think the difference is that I know when I'm being incoherent and am doing it deliberately.

My god, you're right. How did you notice that? I can never keep track of his multiple personas in the same post.
    Ancient Chinese Secret!

Thanqol, I also filled out your survey. I might have said that already, but I'm not sure.
    Payment deployed.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-20 at 07:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

You use green whenever you're female.
    ...therefore... thanqol was female for that post?

I don't think I can stop shouting names at this point.
    Anarion seems like it would be fun to shout.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Eventually - probably next year when it's coming up to holidays, which is when I acquire and read books. (Mostly because I can't afford the space otherwise... Which is why I read so much fanfic - it's free and takes no space!)
    You know lack of space is why I own a Kindle. Truly one of the most joyous inventions. Now my library is portable.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Bugbear in the Playground

Portable... and able to run out of power. My library is entirely accessible by candle, even in the event of a catastrophic global EMP or some such; is yours?

(Admittedly, in an end-of-civilization setting my library might well not be useful, being almost entirely novels and most of them not survivalist, but I'd be able to read it.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You know lack of space is why I own a Kindle. Truly one of the most joyous inventions. Now my library is portable.
    Portable... and able to run out of power. My library is entirely accessible by candle, even in the event of a catastrophic global EMP or some such; is yours?
    Great! You can lose your entire library in one fell whoops!
    ^=why I don't have a kindle/iPad/etc
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    The rate I read, even having a kindle would only solve the space problem, not the quanity or cost issues...

I may well get one, eventually (Mum's just had one this past year), but not for a bit.

(Admittedly, in an end-of-civilization setting my library might well not be useful, being almost entirely novels and most of them not survivalist, but I'd be able to read it.)
    Not really a problem; after all, my DS/GBA/PSP accompany me pretty much everywhere, and I keep them all charged, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Anarion seems like it would be fun to shout.
    Elendil is even better, though.

Even Aragorn knew that...!

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Oh, we collecting our personal fanfics?

Sunny Skies All Day Long
    No Tame Forest
    My Faithful Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Your wish is my command.

Clockwork. 23 chapters and still going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    This is a good idea. It may even be worth adding the list (or a link to it) to the thread intro posts

All my stuff is on Fimfiction

What Dreams May Come
    Writing is Hard
    Duel Nature
    Always Has Been
    Dark Knight of Canterlot
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Little late to the party, but I'll throw my fic in here too. Fimfiction page.

Show and Spell
    Okay. Here's the few oldies which I remember being shared here, but not mentioned yet. Equestria Daily links for most of them.

DarthBobCat (aka Bobcat on Equestria Daily)
    ... And Apple Accessories
    Forever
    Fair Feather Friends (incomplete)
    Beyond Forever
    It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia
    Semper Fidelis

EsperDerek (aka EsperDark on EqD)
    Out in the Cold
    Moonlight Over Midnight
    Dreams of Midnight
    The Nightmare Wars (incomplete)

PhoeKun (aka Phoe on EqD)
    Catching Rainbows
    Space Oddpony
    Chasing Rainbows
    Fluttering Heart
    Shades of Midnight

Raz_Fox
    Misted Stage
    Heroics (?)

TheAmishPirate
    The New Moon Wanes

DeadManSleeping
    An Old Mare's Tale

Okay, final call for more homegrown writers? I'm still pretty sure I'm missing a few of you.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Eventually - probably next year when it's coming up to holidays, which is when I acquire and read books. (Mostly because I can't afford the space otherwise... Which is why I read so much fanfic - it's free and takes no space!) Never hurts to have one or two ideas to look at come that time period.
    Don't know how you feel about alternate history stories

but you may want to look at "The Gamekeeepers Night Dog"

..starts with the saving of the Traditional English Bulldog which represents the manliness/vigor of England
    --England starting the Boer war early
    --which moves up the start of WWI
    --both at accelerated tech levels(but with old school war dogs thrown in)
    --later books have US rejoining the Pax Brittanica
    ---a worldwide communist insurrection against the british empire
    ---Gorillas being genetically engineered to Sentience
    ---intergalactic war vs everyone else

yeah...i dont really do it justice
    the first book is a little rough since it was his first work of fiction, but the premise was interesting enough to get through any rough writing
    --and it wasnt that bad since he has done many non-fic books on the subject of bulldogs
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Prereaders

Alright! Chapter 1 of II is almost ready, just needs the usual critique and last tweaking. So help me out, tell me what's good and what's bad and what could be better. I want this story to be great.

I could in particular use some help with the Scottish accent, I get the feeling there are many places it could be improved, even in this small part. Note it's only an accent and not full Scots.

Also feel free to help make the description below better. I want it to draw people's attention and make them want to read the story. It feels maybe a little wordy right now.

I'm thinking of dropping the Sad tag, because I figure most of it is covered by the Dark tag anyway. What would you say makes a story specifically sad?

[Dark][Romance][Sad]
    Can a heartless pony live and love? Twilight Sparkle is at a loss for answers after Rainbow Dash runs off in anger and narrowly escapes her death in the Everfree. Now time is running out as a dispute dating back to a wish Luna made thousands of years ago threatens the destruction of Equestria. When even the Elements can not hope to avert the tide of war, will Twilight give up the Magic of Friendship for one wish to save her love and all of Equestria, or will she fight and loose everything?

II.1 - Heartless (draft)

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

I added myself to my buddy list. You can too!

PONYTHREAD, I NEED YOUR HELP

I am doing a final year university course and I need data. Could you spare 10 minutes and hit up this survey for me? It's non-intrusive and quick, and I only need a total of 50 responses.

If you perform this service for me, I shall shout your name at the top of my lungs at some random moment in time in real life.
    I have given you yet another reason to yell "RAZ_FOX" in your daily life. You know, beyond my natural charms.

Nice signature, by and by. I like it.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Woo.

After another mentally exhausting day's painting, the Jalyrkieons are all but finished. Just a bit of work on the symbol, some tidying up, and some lining to do (though I use a 0.1mm pen for that); I shold be able to do the latter after wargames. (You have to wait absolutely ages for the paint to dry to use the pen).

Then all I've got to do tomorrow evening is basetex the infantry and the first batch is done! (With luck, there might be photos on Wednesday!)

And then I've got to start the process all over again for the next batch of vehicles, from the design stage...! Why do I insist on rolling out a new army for every convention, guys...? *skulldesk* *sobs*

(Actually, the Jalyrkieons aren't the only army that'll be going in... There's the start of my next project... the greatest army - and space force - in existance...)

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

(Actually, the Jalyrkieons aren't the only army that'll be going in... There's the start of my next project... the greatest army - and space force - in existance...)
    The Aotrs? :3
    I know this one... it's the guys you warned even me about, that Death Despoil feels... justifiable skaven caution towards. the... guys I can't remember the name of!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

The Aotrs? :3
    Muha!

Muahahaha!

Muahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    I know this one... it's the guys you warned even me about, that Death Despoil feels... justifiable skaven caution towards. the... guys I can't remember the name of!
    No, actually, you were right. I said "greatest" not "highest tech..."

(And folks like the Maruaders don't tend to need to fight extended ground battles so much - at that level, they've got full-on energy to matter replication, so they don't need to fight over resources. Even the Blasted Legion (or as virtually everyone, even themselves calls 'em, the Blastarons, one of whom's interal interdimensional storage system was built into my ID storage harness), who are out to conquer the universe tend to mostly fight their enemies in space, knowing that until they are cleared out, their ain't much point. Thus most ground operations with those guys tend to be smaller groups or individuals. It's not they don't have ground armies, but they just ain't very common. Sufficiently so that they'd be right on the absolute bottom of my list. Hell, my models of their starships only come out once in a blue moon...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-20 at 11:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Muha!

Muahahaha!

Muahahahahahahahaha!

No, actually, you were right. I said "greatest" not "highest tech..."

(And folks like the Maruaders don't tend to need to fight extended ground battles so much - at that level, they've got full-on energy to matter replication, so they don't need to fight over resources. Even the Blasted Legion (or as virtually everyone, even themselves calls 'em, the Blastarons, one of whom's interal interdimensional storage system was built into my ID storage harness), who are out to conquer the universe tend to mostly fight their enemies in space, knowing that until they are cleared out, their ain't much point. Thus most ground operations with those guys tend to be smaller groups or individuals. It's not they don't have ground armies, but they just ain't very common. Sufficiently so that they'd be right on the absolute bottom of my list. Hell, my models of their starships only come out once in a blue moon...)
    Oh cool, I was just going for an asskissy compliment. xD

Who are the guys I'm thinking of that you said even I don't want to mess with because it might be a fair fight?

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Oh cool, I was just going for an asskissy compliment. xD

Who are the guys I'm thinking of that you said even I don't want to mess with because it might be a fair fight?
    Probably the Shardan/Marauders and/or the Blastarons and their mortal enemies (and especially the top levels of the latter pair's echelons, since those guys are sufficiently good to be on an actual diety killing level. (Actual greater-deity-on-their-home-plane-killing level.) And on up.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-20 at 11:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Put me down for both. I laughed at Fluttershy going in sideways like that, then I remembered what this was based on and my skin crawled.

Though if you liked this I recommend looking for the Lyra version.
    Would like to note for anyone looking for the Lyra one, it is made by Kevin-Sano and he is also known for r34 work. Just FYI for people that wanted to find it bur are uncomfortable with r34.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A branch hit her across the muzzle and left the sharp tang of blood on her trembling lips.

first thought is that if this is RD, why is she on hoof? shes the best flier anywhere and loves it besides

But it had a little logo stamped on the back, a simple pair of wings with a bolt of lightning down the middle. It wasn't very prominent, as if it didn't want to get you too excited.

She had carried it like a fragile and precious thing and sat down on a couch to stare at it.
    "She carried it delicately over to the couch"?
    avoids stating shes staring at it twice

She picked up pace, feeling the frustration and anger well up inside her at the memory of the letter and the weeks that followed.

i feel like the flutterdash relationship should be better established when RD sees those 2 together. it lacks impact otherwise

She thought she heard something move in the darkness behind her and turned, glaring at the shadows. She knew the forest was dangerous, but she was angry, she wasn't thinking, and she just didn't care. “Come out and face me,” she cried into the dark. The forest was listening again, there were no sounds. Then a twig snapped behind her. Rainbow Dash spun around and rushed forward, but one of her legs stayed behind. She fell over with a pained cry as the leg was twisted and pulled.
    so now shes facing the same direction as she started?

The whole ground began to tremble under her as all the roots came to life,(remove this comma) like a pit of angry snakes, and she was sitting right on top of it.(! maybe)
    also, wouldnt one be in the middle of a pit of snakes?

It was a mare's voice, quite soft but wary.
    i think you have to use "and"
    soft and wary aren't contrary terms

She turned carefully and winched winced

zombie RD wat!?

strong finish, but i feel like it needs more groundwork, or maybe a slightly different approach. soarin/shy is supposed to be a bombshell, but the en medias res style hurts it

edit: almost forgot:
    why you kill everything i love

not my best critique, but i have a migraine.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-08-20 at 12:24 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A branch hit her across the muzzle and left the sharp tang of blood on her trembling lips.

first thought is that if this is RD, why is she on hoof? shes the best flier anywhere and loves it besides

But it had a little logo stamped on the back, a simple pair of wings with a bolt of lightning down the middle. It wasn't very prominent, as if it didn't want to get you too excited.

She had carried it like a fragile and precious thing and sat down on a couch to stare at it.
    "She carried it delicately over to the couch"?
    avoids stating shes staring at it twice

She picked up pace, feeling the frustration and anger well up inside her at the memory of the letter and the weeks that followed.

i feel like the flutterdash relationship should be better established when RD sees those 2 together. it lacks impact otherwise

She thought she heard something move in the darkness behind her and turned, glaring at the shadows. She knew the forest was dangerous, but she was angry, she wasn't thinking, and she just didn't care. “Come out and face me,” she cried into the dark. The forest was listening again, there were no sounds. Then a twig snapped behind her. Rainbow Dash spun around and rushed forward, but one of her legs stayed behind. She fell over with a pained cry as the leg was twisted and pulled.
    so now shes facing the same direction as she started?

The whole ground began to tremble under her as all the roots came to life,(remove this comma) like a pit of angry snakes, and she was sitting right on top of it.(! maybe)
    also, wouldnt one be in the middle of a pit of snakes?

It was a mare's voice, quite soft but wary.
    i think you have to use "and"
    soft and wary aren't contrary terms

She turned carefully and winched winced

zombie RD wat!?

strong finish, but i feel like it needs more groundwork, or maybe a slightly different approach. soarin/shy is supposed to be a bombshell, but the en medias res style hurts it

edit: almost forgot:
    why you kill everything i love

not my best critique, but i have a migraine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks, I'll see how I can improve things.

It was important for me not to spend too much time establishing any prior relationships or feelings, because it's meant to be a TwiDash story and not FlutterDash (or Soarin'shy). Dash's feelings for Fluttershy will naturally play an important part, but they need to be established without derailing the story. I'll see if I can make it a little more explicit, but I'd like to avoid dwelling too much on it or letting it take over the action of the story. For now the reader just needs to know that Dash had feelings for Shy but apparently she didn't know.

edit: almost forgot: why you kill everything i love
    Because I have a reputation to maintain, and because I enjoy what I do

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

Blunt, what would the appropriate response be?

Well, based off your past reaction to such things, and the undead's current resistance to OFC bombardment, I would suggest an overkill amount of force.

I like the way you think.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Was that supposed to do something?

Bad paint image intended.

Put me down for both. I laughed at Fluttershy going in sideways like that, then I remembered what this was based on and my skin crawled.
    Heh. Well, at least it does not show her comeing out.
    ...therefore... thanqol was female for that post?

Ah, logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108

I would. Catapiller tracks are certainly much more stable than legs and less prone to being tripped over by small, angry bears.

Great! You can lose your entire library in one fell whoops!
    Sucks when everything material we love is flammable.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Sucks when everything material we love is flammable.
    everything is flammable if you try hard enough!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't know how you feel about alternate history stories

but you may want to look at "The Gamekeeepers Night Dog"

..starts with the saving of the Traditional English Bulldog which represents the manliness/vigor of England
    --England starting the Boer war early
    --which moves up the start of WWI
    --both at accelerated tech levels(but with old school war dogs thrown in)
    --later books have US rejoining the Pax Brittanica
    ---a worldwide communist insurrection against the british empire
    ---Gorillas being genetically engineered to Sentience
    ---intergalactic war vs everyone else

yeah...i dont really do it justice
    the first book is a little rough since it was his first work of fiction, but the premise was interesting enough to get through any rough writing
    --and it wasnt that bad since he has done many non-fic books on the subject of bulldogs
    This interests me very much.