New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm here, does that count enough for the Sapphicness?
    You can be the salacious bit, but I'm not sure how you'd be sapphic by yourself. Unless you're really, really flexible.

*looks at, tilts head in thought*...yeah, now I'm DEFINITELY being the salacious bit.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Are you secretly sapphic?
    Depends on the time of day, I imagine. If it's night, but summer, the area outside is blue, so if I went outside I'd be sapphire colored. That counts right?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    So...your last name must be...

...Van Katje! =D

Am I close? =3
    Nowhere near. Only half of my name is Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Are you secretly sapphic?
    Not when she talks to me.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Depends on the time of day, I imagine. If it's night, but summer, the area outside is blue, so if I went outside I'd be sapphire colored.
    .... I don't even, how that works.

But no. If you somehow turned into a stanza, on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Nowhere near. Only half of my name is Dutch.
    Not even close?

...Van Gato! =D

Not when she talks to me.
    =O

Torn between being scandalized and ;-) Kinky.ing your faces off. =3

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert E. Howard's Conan stories have some of the best fight scenes I've ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Robert E. Howard's Conan stories have some of the best fight scenes I've ever read.
    I bought a collection to take on holiday a couple of years ago and devoured it in one afternoon. Simply loved them.

8. - Top - End - #218

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    I have got to find the ones my dad gave me and read them finally. x.x Been meaning to do that for the past... oh, darn, going on a decade now.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You know what else has amazing fight scenes? One Piece.

*drools*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

10. - Top - End - #220

wink Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Soul Eater has amazing fight scenes.

Not even close?

...Van Gato! =D

=O

Torn between being scandalized and ;-) Kinky.ing your faces off. =3
    Nope.

Indeed. You have fully mastered the understanding of my implications in the preceding post, as regarding to Ms. LaZodiac's earlier claims of being 'sapphic'. I withhold any extra information on this particular case at this point, as my previous comment, with the addition of your apparent full comprehension, renders any more commentary on my part null. Have a cookie.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

*Gobbles cookie*

Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along. Move along.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope.

Indeed. You have fully mastered the understanding of my implications in the preceding post, as regarding to Ms. LaZodiac's earlier claims of being 'sapphic'. I withhold any extra information on this particular case at this point, as my previous comment, with the addition of your apparent full comprehension, renders any more commentary on my part null. Have a cookie.
    Aww, come on! Can I have a hint, at least? =P

And while more commentary may not be REQUIRED, per se, I would be unlikely object if you chose to elaborate more on the subject, should you so choose.

*noms cookie*

EDIT: MY COOKIE, SHEEP! D=<

Give it back or I will make you into mutton stew. -_-

Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2012-08-19 at 08:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Put skill points in Speak: (English) (Simple)
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

14. - Top - End - #224

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, hadn't run into that sense of null in a long time. Just doesn't look quite right... @_@
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225

Aww, come on! Can I have a hint, at least? =P

And while more commentary may not be REQUIRED, per se, I would be unlikely object if you chose to elaborate more on the subject, should you so choose.

*noms cookie*

EDIT: MY COOKIE, SHEEP! D=<

Give it back or I will make you into mutton stew. -_-

A really old language. It would be dead if there weren't some few people speaking it somewhere in the world. (Not saying where, obviously.)

No further elaboration being required, I will withdraw from this line of conversation, considering my proclivity for crossing informal social situations' boundaries on various internet fora while speaking freely. As such, I refrain from possibly creating any source of innuendo to protect myself and Ms. LaZodiac from any possible miscommunication, as various cases similar to this have already occurred between myself, Mr. Ghost, and the assembled here today, and because in the previously mentioned incidents between Ms. LaZodiac and I, there is far more evidence than in the incidents between Mr. Ghost and I.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Put skill points in Speak: (English) (Simple)
    Dude, you're, like, way getting me down. These things I'm talking with are, like, way more cool than your talkingness.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmm, hadn't run into that sense of null in a long time. Just doesn't look quite right... @_@
    Sorry?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-19 at 09:46 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

So today all the seminarians from Boston at our seminary met the new guy from Boston joining us this year. He brought stupendous news. He has a car. You people have no idea how wonderful this is for me. I am the only one of the five of us with a car, and it's not exactly spacious, so we're always very uncomfortable in it. It doesn't help that my A/C is broken, so during hot weather having five guys crammed into one car, sometimes while wearing suits, leads to great discomfort. Truly, this is the best news that I've heard in years.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

"What flavour is it?"
    "IT'S NOT ANY BLOODY FLAVOUR. IT'S A BLOODY ALBATROSS."
    "It's got to have a flavour..."
    "ALRIGHT, IT'S BLOODY SEABIRD BLOODY FLAVOUR."
    Has it got wafers with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    May I politly ask what brought you back to eating meat?
    You may open this spoiler if you will promise to post a cute picture of your bird in the You thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a whole bunch of different reasons that came together, really.

I was getting bored with food and cooking; I was tired of always being the odd one out with my family and friends; I no longer resonated with all my original reasons for becoming vegetarian; I was getting periodic intense cravings for red meat that made me feel like I wasn't getting proper nourishment. It got to the point of buying false meat products to satisfy the cravings, and having dreams where I ate meat and then woke up in a haze of guilt and regret.

Looking at every angle of health, spirituality, and morality over the years, and finding equal weight on both sides, I realized I was only going through the motions of being vegetarian and no longer felt passionate about it.

So I decided to try eating meat again for an indefinite period to see what effect it would have on my body and mind. I don't know if I will go back to being veg or continue eating meat; it's been about 6 weeks now and I am not finished the experiment.

For my first meal back, I went out to a restaurant with my friend and ordered a 20 oz. rare rib steak and a bottle of merlot. I knew it was the right decision when the plate came to the table; the smell alone made me start to laugh and cry simultaneously, and my appetite reached towards it like a sunflower turns its head towards the sun.

I should clarify that my friends and family were always very supportive and made sure to include me in their cooking. I still always felt just a little like an outsider even so.

tl;dr Had to eat a tiger, didn't go back.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-08-19 at 10:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    There is nothing more Canadian than the combination of unhealthy and bacon. WE INVENTED unhealthy and bacon, practically. Only not really, but yeah.
    Mmmm. Tim Hortons. Actually, I think that most of Canadian food, except poutine, was parallely invented on the other side of the border. Canada does not have a monopoly on cold winters with icy windstorms after all. Nor does it have a monopoly on moose.

So today all the seminarians from Boston at our seminary met the new guy from Boston joining us this year. He brought stupendous news. He has a car. You people have no idea how wonderful this is for me. I am the only one of the five of us with a car, and it's not exactly spacious, so we're always very uncomfortable in it. It doesn't help that my A/C is broken, so during hot weather having five guys crammed into one car, sometimes while wearing suits, leads to great discomfort. Truly, this is the best news that I've heard in years.
    Broken A/C units suck. Wearing a suit in 90 degree weather is an acquired skill that I do not recommend acquiring. I once biked 4 miles in a suit in 90 degree weather. It was not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #230

Or invented on one side and brought to the other side so quickly it might well have been invented on one side. The 20th century didn't have much of a border.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #231

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Mmmm. Tim Hortons. Actually, I think that most of Canadian food, except poutine, was parallely invented on the other side of the border. Canada does not have a monopoly on cold winters with icy windstorms after all. Nor does it have a monopoly on moose.
    There are Canadian foods aside from poutine?

Also, yes, broken A/C sucks. Mine can't decide how it wants to fail next.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

A really old language. It would be dead if there weren't some few people speaking it somewhere in the world. (Not saying where, obviously.)

No further elaboration being required, I will withdraw from this line of conversation, considering my proclivity for crossing informal social situations' boundaries on various internet fora while speaking freely. As such, I refrain from possibly creating any source of innuendo to protect myself and Ms. LaZodiac from any possible miscommunication, as various cases similar to this have already occurred between myself, Mr. Ghost, and the assembled here today, and because in the previously mentioned incidents between Ms. LaZodiac and I, there is far more evidence than in the incidents between Mr. Ghost and I.
    I'm guessing Gaelic or Basque, either of which would be awesome, neither of which I could find a translation of "cat" or "kitten" for. =P

This formal language is confusing me. Besides, I thought you were denying the rumors of fraternization between yourself and Mr. Ghost. =P

23. - Top - End - #233

There are Canadian foods aside from poutine?

Also, yes, broken A/C sucks. Mine can't decide how it wants to fail next.
    Awwwww to the yeeeeeee!

A list of every Canadian food I could find, with mouth-watering pictures

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

24. - Top - End - #234

NecromancerGuy

Pemmican predates Canada, being something that was all over North America due to being something the Native population developed, as do Bannocks. And just admitted within a line of mentioning them on the list that Pierogies aren't Canadian.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Awwwww to the yeeeeeee!

A list of every Canadian food I could find, with mouth-watering pictures
    What are fiddlehead ferns like to eat? I have never had them.

Also, bagged milk is rarely available in Manitoba too.

Pemmican predates Canada, being something that was all over North America due to being something the Native population developed, as do Bannocks. And just admitted within a line of mentioning them on the list that Pierogies aren't Canadian.
    And, get ready for it, Native populations are... part of Canada!

Bannock came from settlers, by the way.

26. - Top - End - #236

No, but just because something doesn't originate here doesn't mean it's not Canadian. It's still a quintessentially Canadian food.

Bannock and Pemmican are great Canadian foods, part of the Canadian identity: native americans, fur traders, Coureur du bois, all that jazz.

Pierogies may be an Eastern European food, but they've transcended that in Canada, and just become a straight-up Canadian food. They did a survey across the country for "most canadian food", and it was certainly a contender.

Edit: fiddleheads are really nice actually! Kinda peppery. Mostly they taste of whatever you cook'em with though. Garlic and ginger are my personal favourites.
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2012-08-19 at 10:49 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground

I always read "predate" as the verb form of "predation", due to my inherent madness. This makes discussions about things that came before other things ... interesting.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

28. - Top - End - #238

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Also, bagged milk is rarely available in Manitoba too.
    Never quite understood why that became a thing, always seemed way too fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    And, get ready for it, Native populations are... part of Canada!

Bannock came from settlers, by the way.
    Best not too get too political, after all.

Weren't Canadian when it was invented. Doesn't count as Canadian developed food. If that were the case then Pizza Margherita would count as American Food rather than Italian, and the last time Italians around here had pizza come up, things grew quite heated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I always read "predate" as the verb form of "predation", due to my inherent madness. This makes discussions about things that came before other things ... interesting.
    Yeah, the idea of a giant thing of pemmican nomming on a map of Canada is pretty amusing.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-08-19 at 10:54 PM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

30. - Top - End - #240

The bagged milk isn't fragile at all! Those things can take a pounding. I've dropped'em down a full story before.

And in Canada, we consider native culture a proud part of our history, we don't consider Canadian history to begin in 1867 when the country was declared. Hell, it doesn't even begin in the 17th century when the first Canadiens settles began settling. Nor does it begin when the natives of Stadacona told Cartier they were standing in the land of Kanata.

Natives are just as much part of Canadian culture as any other ethnic group.
    And I'd consider Pizza an american food.

We're a country of natives and immigrants. Our culture is a mix of all these. We take bits and pieces of different cultures, and mix them together to make one sparkling mosaic of multiculturalism, as opposed to the American big blender, where all the different parts are created to be one thing. Part of that is taking the different foods, and making them a Canadian thing. I'd say that different styles of pizza are Italian or American foods. If I go to the fancy pizza restaurant around the corner, the pizza is Italian: sicilian, to be exact. If I go to the local fast-food pizza joint, the pizza is most certainly american.

Edit: WHAT on EARTH is THAT!
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2012-08-19 at 11:04 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.