New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Bisexuals feel pansexuals are trying to be them, but better. They insist they were into everyone before it was cool.
    Captain Jack Harkness. He's better than both at what he's doing.

Yet another [REDACTED] debate. I'm tired of people arguing about the most inane [REDACTED] so aggressively. Come [REDACTED] on, can't you guys just play [REDACTED] nice for ONCE?
    ... look, I'll leave that here. It expresses my point of view much more nicely.
    "Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?"
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just passive-aggressively filled in "lesbian" on a form for counseling services because "asexual" and "other" weren't options. And I figured "lesbian" was so impossible it'd make them think twice and ask me about it.

On the bright side it included some non-binary options for gender.
    Jude P.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Captain Jack Harkness. He's better than both at what he's doing.
    How weird is it that Jack ended up as just a giant head surrounded by neko/nurse/nuns...?

I wish I were a better artist. There's now a sponge bath scene that I REALLY want to draw
    Last edited by Fragenstein; 2012-09-04 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......

4. - Top - End - #544

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    But not half as impressive as a hug from Lix
    Bad Celtic. X3

Haha, well thank you so much. I do what I can.....however little that may be

Yet another [REDACTED] debate. I'm tired of people arguing about the most inane [REDACTED] so aggressively. Come [REDACTED] on, can't you guys just play [REDACTED] nice for ONCE?
    "Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?"
    *Hugs!*

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

How lucky am I to get hugs just because I am angry. I love this place so much.
    *hugs back*

@noparlpf: good one! They will definitely ask.
    Now, I think that's not a very good form at all. "Lesbian" and "gay" could both conveniently be replaced by the label "homosexual". It would only be a step above, of course, given that label doesn't work extremely well with those concerning non-binary gender identity. Ideally, "gynosexual" and "androsexual" should be used instead. Too bad these terms are not mainstream in any way.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    wait foul
    Hehehehe, see what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Bad Celtic. X3

~Bianca
    What? Was a I bad? Guess I needs spankings now
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #547

@noparlpf: good one! They will definitely ask.
    Now, I think that's not a very good form at all. "Lesbian" and "gay" could both conveniently be replaced by the label "homosexual". It would only be a step above, of course, given that label doesn't work extremely well with those concerning non-binary gender identity. Ideally, "gynosexual" and "androsexual" should be used instead. Too bad these terms are not mainstream in any way.
    I know: when I was filling out a similar form for the first therapist I had a consultation with, there was a line for sexual orientation (no options given, though). I was stumped as to what to put. I'm still not very good with all the terminology, and I neither felt entirely male anymore (and so couldn't put straight/heterosexual), nor did I feel I could claim myself as a female (eliminating lesbian/homosexual). Now, it was a fill in the blank, so if I had remembered gynosexual that would have worked, but what about someone in a similar position that has a "check-the-box" type form?
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

You could always write "?".

If you're not sure, then that is the most accurate response.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #549
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    I know: when I was filling out a similar form for the first therapist I had a consultation with, there was a line for sexual orientation (no options given, though). I was stumped as to what to put. I'm still not very good with all the terminology, and I neither felt entirely male anymore (and so couldn't put straight/heterosexual), nor did I feel I could claim myself as a female (eliminating lesbian/homosexual). Now, it was a fill in the blank, so if I had remembered gynosexual that would have worked, but what about someone in a similar position that has a "check-the-box" type form?
    Honestly, if you're not somehow stuck at one of those places where they still believe in torture as the cure to all ills, it shouldn't really matter a whole lot. Especially if it's just a physical form, as even decent people hate keeping up with that end of things and the headache it gets to be.

You wanna be true to yourself, but the existential crises are best saved for when you're actually talking to them.

Could even be an opportunity for an icebreaker just sticking up and saying hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #550

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    You could always write "?".

If you're not sure, then that is the most accurate response.
    The form here had "questioning" as an option but I'm not.
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Absol - great idea on the pyjamas and probably cheaper better than my current coping method of "buy jewelery" Will give it a try methinks.

@ Musashi - I heartily agree and it's why I'm yet to find a decent meatspace community. Perhaps because Sydney is home to the G&L Mardi Gras it seems that everything becomes a huge internal bitch-fest. Even the editorial of a local Trans magazine was dedicated to complaining about people complainging about the editor
    Probably why this community is so good - we're here because we like RPGs and so on and also want to talk about LGBTAQ stuff, rather than being here to only talk about it.

Hair removal stuff - on epilators, a friend of mine uses one and as she puts it "beauty is pain", so yeah...

Never seen how guys could use them on their faces personally, but that's probably tied to the time my best mate let someone pull out one of his beard hairs. He said "no worries", not thinking much of it. The person tugged, pulled and nothing happened. Eventually pliers and a lot of blood was involved.

So yeah, there's your horror story for today

Ok, so electrolysis report for Siuis and others interested:

Spoiler
    Show
    How much - $180/hr. This drops to $140/hr when getting a longer (3hr) session. They can do up to 6 hours in one go. Bookings can be tricky, especially in spring (which has just started here) as people get ready for summer, so plan ahead.

I do not have a lot of hair, but their conservative estimate is 150 hours, but it might only be 100 or so in the end. Do the maths and yes, it is very expensive but it is also 99% permanent so I feel it is a good investment.
    The operator was telling me some particularly hirstute people can take over 500 hours just for the face

How it works - you sit there and have electrified needles stuck in your face. Find an operator you like, as you'll be talking to them a hell of a lot.

Does it hurt? - No with an if, yes with a but. The first few felt uncomfortable, not painful. It was remakably similar to the feeling of having a hair pulled out actually. One or two really did hurt quite a bit, likely due to nerve proximity. Some areas are more sensetive than others (upper lip particulalry), but will very quite a bit - I found right on the back corner of my jaw the worst.
    It is worst when the area is getting done for the first time, and gets better as you get used to the sensation. The probes are only in for about five minutes in each spot, so it passes pretty quickly.

Some people do use numbing creams, and it will vary person to person. It wasn't as bad as having a tooth drilled or anything, but I imagine it's not much worse than epilating.

After effects - think bad razor burn. Some redness and a bit of bumpyness at first, which quickly subsided. You do get some very small scabbing the next day or so, and I was advised to lightly shave as soon as I got home to prevent shaving the scabs off.
    There is an after effect where part of the dead folicle is 'expelled' from the pore so to speak, which looks kind of like a whitehead, and is totally normal.

Other problems - there's a really great clothes shop just down the road, so that's going to be dangerous!
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

12. - Top - End - #552

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Hair removal stuff - on epilators, a friend of mine uses one and as she puts it "beauty is pain", so yeah...

Never seen how guys could use them on their faces personally, but that's probably tied to the time my best mate let someone pull out one of his beard hairs. He said "no worries", not thinking much of it. The person tugged, pulled and nothing happened. Eventually pliers and a lot of blood was involved.

I'd be willing to try. If it worked I'd even be able to go clean-shaven. The reason I use a trimmer instead of a razor is because razors irritate my skin. So I have perpetual stubble. Except now I have mutton chops because it means less shaving.

Spoiler
    Show
    How much - $180/hr. This drops to $140/hr when getting a longer (3hr) session. They can do up to 6 hours in one go. Bookings can be tricky, especially in spring (which has just started here) as people get ready for summer, so plan ahead.

I do not have a lot of hair, but their conservative estimate is 150 hours, but it might only be 100 or so in the end. Do the maths and yes, it is very expensive but it is also 99% permanent so I feel it is a good investment.
    The operator was telling me some particularly hirstute people can take over 500 hours just for the face

How it works - you sit there and have electrified needles stuck in your face. Find an operator you like, as you'll be talking to them a hell of a lot.

Does it hurt? - No with an if, yes with a but. The first few felt uncomfortable, not painful. It was remakably similar to the feeling of having a hair pulled out actually. One or two really did hurt quite a bit, likely due to nerve proximity. Some areas are more sensetive than others (upper lip particulalry), but will very quite a bit - I found right on the back corner of my jaw the worst.
    It is worst when the area is getting done for the first time, and gets better as you get used to the sensation. The probes are only in for about five minutes in each spot, so it passes pretty quickly.

Some people do use numbing creams, and it will vary person to person. It wasn't as bad as having a tooth drilled or anything, but I imagine it's not much worse than epilating.

After effects - think bad razor burn. Some redness and a bit of bumpyness at first, which quickly subsided. You do get some very small scabbing the next day or so, and I was advised to lightly shave as soon as I got home to prevent shaving the scabs off.
    There is an after effect where part of the dead folicle is 'expelled' from the pore so to speak, which looks kind of like a whitehead, and is totally normal.

Other problems - there's a really great clothes shop just down the road, so that's going to be dangerous!
    Sounds like a hassle, but worth it for some.
    And yeah, I'd expect upper lip to be the worst. Except maybe hairs around the areolae. That strikes me as a sensitive spot.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #553

I can very much vouch for this, being a debater myself. I do tend to argue over anything and play devil's advocate, even if I don't believe the side I am defending. Now, things like this that are part of another human's identity....I tend to stay away from, because who the hell am I to say they are one thing or they other, right? They know them better than I know them
    That's the way I usually handle things- debating about a lot, but thinking I know better than other's what they are? How could I? And I always try to stay friendly. There's already enough anger and sadness out there, I don't want to contribute to that.

Lucy! I must admit, every time I see that you've posted, I get nervous, because I want so much for you to hear good news from your friend that I dread hearing that things went wrong.
    Can you imagine how happy that makes me? That someone who hardly knows me cares so much? *hugs* I hope I have good news for you soon. But I have to wait still over a week until she returns from her vacation... so that's the minimum time you have to wait for any news. And I miss her...
    As for LGBT-type groups, I think they're probably a bit more common here, if only because America has (or at least seems to have) a bit more bigotry against such people, and therefore we need more support . I know my high school had at least one, and my college had several. I'm still looking for non-school related ones in my area, but I suspect they're out there.
    So I should be glad that there are no groups here But I'd propbably be to shy to visit one anyway.

It's a thing that goes in the "understand but not agree" pile. I can see why Rey make the arguments. But it's stuck in a petty cycle of validating the self by tearing down others, who you feel invalidate you.

Bisexuals feel pansexuals are trying to be them, but better. They insist they were into everyone before it was cool.
    Pansexuals insist they are indeed different and the bis are just jealous.

It's inane. They're both right, really; it's a matter of paradigm, not fact. Ah well. There is a reason I am no longer on dA.
    That sums it up very well. And things like that make me sad. Why can't people just accept that there are people with different oppinions? Why do they always have to fight about peanuts?

That quote... that's how I feel so often. I can't understand why so many people are mean, unaccepting and enjoy hurting others. Sometimes it seems like someone lives just to hurt others. There is so much pain in this world and I want to change it. I want to make this world a better place. That's what I think it is worth living for.
    /endemotionalrant I should really go to bed. If I read this again tomorrow, I will wonder what has gotten into me...
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    Welcome back! I think, the others already gave you pretty good advise here, you should go for it. And that leaves me wondering, how common are LGBT groups or GSAs in schools in the US/Great Britain/wherever you are? My school has none, but that's no surprise, being a catholic convent school and all, but I also know of none at the various other schools in my city.

So, while browsing through DeviantArt, I noticed sort of a fight between bisexuals and pansexuals:
    There were bisexuals, who said, that pans are only bis who invented a new term to seem cool, and that there is no such thing as pansexuality because bisexuality already covers the whole sex/gender spectrum, and pansexuals who said that that was rubbish because bisexuality is only love for men and women and that pansexuals are the only ones whose "dating pool" included trans*, intersex, genderqueer, androgyne etc. people.
    And I thought "what? Don't you have other things to worry about instead of fighting about how others identify themselves?"
    I'm currently hoping that I manage to tell them I want to. That's the main thing, to make sure that A: I say it out loud to them and B: that I speak first, because if I can do that, then my words can save me.

Also we have over 4000 kids, so we're gonna have a GSA even if ^we
    Are in the heart of Indiana.

*Hugs back!*

You've got several options aailable to you, but I woudl think the best one is to just join. The big reason your parents would be against it is because they don't want your brother finding out, right? Well, like others said, you can always say you're going in order to show support for "some guys" you know who are great guys and happen to be gay. He never has to know that those guys include you. And that's if they find out that you're going. Just don't lie about it if they do ask. You can be evasive, but don't outright lie, 'cause that'll ruin your reputation.
    Yeah, that and they are under the impression I'm closeted, whoops! And I don't want to lie, but if I spin the college app, I feel as though it would be a lie as that isn't my motive. If anything I'm gonna weave words and ask them a yes or no question.

Join. Your parents can't stop you, they can't really judge you for activism unless they ask and you tell, and taking that plunge is always easier than what If.

Heartbreak is always more fun than self loathing. Getting your heart broken now is acute; the worst has happened, and by the time you're slide this you're on the mend. Realizing every couple of days, weeks, months, years, that you missed a life-shaping opportunity? That requires way more effort to overcome.

Save yoursel the hassle. Your mind may hate you but your soul will be relieved.
    Thanks. The main thing is that it has dues, and therefore requires parent permission. But I will agree with the whole taking risks thing. I know, acknowledge, have experienced, and at different times supported both sides, but the logic and fear side seems to have been set as default.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    GSA. Think about what each of the letters mean. Plenty of straight folk go there to earn points towards their ally badges because they want to help. Depending on your parents, spinning it as "this is a cause I believe in, and I want to help out/pad my college applications" instead of "this is something I have a vested personal interest in" should shush them. It's unfortunate when you have to learn spin control on your own parents, but it's a handy skill when you are in that sort of situation.
    Yeah that's always a nice skill, but I think honesty will be best, as I can then weave my words into an incredible guilt trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Apologizing is for what you do. Never apologize for what you are. That way lies madness.
    Re: your parents potentially not approving: They don't have veto power over your decision.
    Take control of your life.
    They don't really trust my judgement, I mean my mother got upset and hurt when I returned her claim to my answer of true to Washington's battle at Fort Necessity substantially resolving control of the Ohio River Valley of "But he lost" with, "just because we view from the British and we lost, does not mean it wasn't resolved." in hindsight, it was false, but for different reasons.

*Welcomebackglomp~*

*Hugs!* What Saposhiente said... There's not much you can do now if you need a signature and you're under 18, but I'd advise just joining them if you can.

~Bianca
    Being sixteen has its downs, but now I can simply say that I have to learn to make important descisions an that this is one I would like to make.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

IM BAAAAAACK! How ya'll doing?

*Hugs*

I also have some LGBT+ news.

I was at my cousins bithdayparty and I met a girl (13) named Laruin (She is somehow relaterd to me). She is a SUPER tomboy awesome ball of awesome. After a boxing match (which she won ) she told me about her friend Cindy. She hates her name and gender. She is already looking in to a gender change for when she is older.
    I think that nice, its a nice stoy and i told Laruin to send him to here if she wants to.

And that's all I have to say about that...
    Poems!
    Awesome people saying awesome things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

*hugs back Nick*
    I hope Laruin supports her friend? And the family, too? 13 (or however old he is) must be the worst age for dealing with gender dysphoria AND unsupportive loved ones.

That quote... that's how I feel so often. I can't understand why so many people are mean, unaccepting and enjoy hurting others. Sometimes it seems like someone lives just to hurt others. There is so much pain in this world and I want to change it. I want to make this world a better place. That's what I think it is worth living for.
    /endemotionalrant I should really go to bed. If I read this again tomorrow, I will wonder what has gotten into me...
    Credits actually go to John Coffey from The Green Mile, played by Michael Clarke Duncan. He died today, too, that's why I remembered it. Damn, why always the decent celebrities, and not the famous insufferable pricks for a change? .___.
    Nowadays, I just all angers me. I see more and more conflicts that are petty, or where all parties are bound to lose. I can't believe we have to tell grown adults to calm the hell down (if they're not being hurt in some way, of course; and there is a growing number of people, of all kind, who define "being hurt" in a grossly twisted way) and use their goddamn empathy and intelligence they are supposed to have been cultivating since school. We don't have time to deal with conflicts that won't gain anyone anything beyond the fleeting, hollow satisfaction of having won a specific shouting match.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Hehehehe, see what I did there?
    ...no, not really? xD

What? Flirting with her too? I thought we had something D=
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...no, not really? xD

What? Flirting with her too? I thought we had something D=
    See, I made the biggest, best hug in the world...........yours

And don't worry, there is ever only ONE glorious, wonderful, beautiful, splendiforous, amazing Lix
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

They also really hurt from what I've heard... That doesn't stop me from really really wanting one, of course.

How cheap is cheaper, by the way? I can get it sooner for less, but I do want to get my money's worth... Also, do you have to grow your hair out first?

... Also also, can they be used anywhere? It doesn't seem wise to test it out on, say, my face without being sure. >.>
    Yeah, it's... not comfortable. Bearable though after the first few seconds. You kinda get used to it. Mostly I find that I get incredibly bored, it takes ages.

Not sure how cheap they are, I got mine free secondhand from a friend. Depends what bells and whistles you want - one of the best-rated ones I've seen has an in-built icepack to reduce pain. And also a fantastically LGBT-friendly advert! You don't need that though - mine's very basic and works fine. Hair needs to be at least a millimeter or two long I'd guess, or it won't have anything to grip.

I imagine you could epilate your face. I've never dared, though. I imagine it would be intensely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
    How weird is it that Jack ended up as just a giant head surrounded by neko/nurse/nuns...?

I wish I were a better artist. There's now a sponge bath scene that I REALLY want to draw
    That was only implied, not actually explicitly stated.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I imagine you could epilate your face. I've never dared, though. I imagine it would be intensely painful.
    I epilate my eyebrows. It's not really painful, or at least, you get used to it pretty, fast, but it's a pain.
    Epilating facial hair only but not eyebrows would be, in and of itself, for me, an improvement, presence of said facial hair withstanding.

21. - Top - End - #561

Nowadays, I just all angers me. I see more and more conflicts that are petty, or where all parties are bound to lose. I can't believe we have to tell grown adults to calm the hell down (if they're not being hurt in some way, of course; and there is a growing number of people, of all kind, who define "being hurt" in a grossly twisted way) and use their goddamn empathy and intelligence they are supposed to have been cultivating since school. We don't have time to deal with conflicts that won't gain anyone anything beyond the fleeting, hollow satisfaction of having won a specific shouting match.
    There's more to it than that. They're in it to establish their place in the pecking order. Their specific issue should be the one that gets all the attention, they should personally have more sway, etc.

It's worse when they have a vague, positive-sounding agenda to use as a bludgeon. Then it becomes multitiered yuck. You start with everybody directly touched by their antics, they drag a lot of well-meaning people along for the ride (who doesn't like freedom?), waste a lot of resources that could be used productively, and cheerfully alienate people who would otherwise help.

Spoiler
    Show
    Personally, I find bisexuality a fascinating case of this see-saw act. When it's oversupported, you have people piling on using it for attention and/or a debate bludgeon. The hostility rises, the bad eggs leave because it's no longer handy for them, and then you're left with a group of otherwise decent people who you can't really be against in good conscience. The balancing act - not too revered that it causes people's brains to shut down, not too not too looked down upon that decent people catch too much flak - is something I'd like to see better minds than mine deconstruct.

Off-Topic Who
    Spoiler
    Show
    Davies has been playing it coy, but pretty much everybody else has integrated it into fanon. Much like I don't remember the thirteen regenerations thing ever being officially spelled out as a universal part of the Time Lord state. The point does seem unlikely to be explored in more detail, though, since Moffat seems content to let Davies era arcs lie around untouched.
    Last edited by Reluctance; 2012-09-04 at 05:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

I epilate my eyebrows. It's not really painful, or at least, you get used to it pretty, fast, but it's a pain.
    Epilating facial hair only but not eyebrows would be, in and of itself, for me, an improvement, presence of said facial hair withstanding.
    Male facial hair is somewhat more strongly rooted :/
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

23. - Top - End - #563

Yeah, eyebrow hair isn't in all that strongly. I can usually pull a couple out by hand with no trouble. Beard hair is a lot tougher.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

See, I made the biggest, best hug in the world...........yours

And don't worry, there is ever only ONE glorious, wonderful, beautiful, splendiforous, amazing Lix
    Mwaaaaaaah (flailhide)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

It is? Err, yeah, it is, actually. My bad. In my defense, it's getting late, and my cognitive abilities drop quite a bit past midnight.
    Well, the one advantage facial hair does have compared to eyebrows, is that it's not extremely annoying to epilate properly when you're wearing glasses, and you may opt to get rid of the whole thing instead of painstakingly aiming for symmetry.

26. - Top - End - #566

It is? Err, yeah, it is, actually. My bad. In my defense, it's getting late, and my cognitive abilities drop quite a bit past midnight.
    Well, the one advantage facial hair does have compared to eyebrows, is that it's not extremely annoying to epilate properly when you're wearing glasses, and you may opt to get rid of the whole thing instead of painstakingly aiming for symmetry.
    It is actually rather a hassle to shave with glasses on when one is trying to maintain a relatively straight line below the jaw while having to look out from below the glasses.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

I've been listening to some bluesy stuff from Metallica's lesser known (and lesser liked) albums. Here's two tracks that I've been really enjoying. Each one has a bit of symbolism, but I interpret the lyrics in my own way.

King Nothing - I like to think about the lyrics of this song representing the crumbling power of hateful organizations that try and preach against LGBT. It's got similar structure to a previous song the band wrote (Enter Sandman), and has a rather peaceful bass line before the more aggressive parts of the song begin.

The House Jack Built - I don't really have any way to interpret this song. It's just a really slow, brooding beat with an interesting (and dramatic) shift in tone throughout the song. The song's filled with rising and falling beats, and the chorus feels triumphant. Funnily enough, this was the song I listened to after I came out to my parents, and dealt with some prejudice from "friends" I had. I suppose that's how I interpret the song.

Of course, the first song is actually just about a man in a position of power losing all of it too quickly, and the latter is about someone shut off from the rest of the world before seeing it with his own eyes, and being amazed at how it appears. Anyways, back to Lord of the Flies.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-04 at 05:24 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

28. - Top - End - #568

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

... Wat. o.o

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, I can put up with a bit of irritation if it means never having to shave again. :smallhopeful~:

Can you imagine how happy that makes me? That someone who hardly knows me cares so much? *hugs* I hope I have good news for you soon. But I have to wait still over a week until she returns from her vacation... so that's the minimum time you have to wait for any news. And I miss her...
    *So many hugs* I hope things turn out wonderfully~

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Being sixteen has its downs, but now I can simply say that I have to learn to make important descisions an that this is one I would like to make.
    *Crosses her fingers for you~*

Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    IM BAAAAAACK! How ya'll doing?
    *Welcomebackhugs* Pretty good~ n.n

*Nods and more hugs* People like that are why I'm biased against authority figures. >.<

Yeah, it's... not comfortable. Bearable though after the first few seconds. You kinda get used to it. Mostly I find that I get incredibly bored, it takes ages.
    *Shrug* Gotta be better than shaving every one to three days. >.>

Not sure how cheap they are, I got mine free secondhand from a friend. Depends what bells and whistles you want - one of the best-rated ones I've seen has an in-built icepack to reduce pain. And also a fantastically LGBT-friendly advert! You don't need that though - mine's very basic and works fine. Hair needs to be at least a millimeter or two long I'd guess, or it won't have anything to grip.
    It looks like they vary from about $60 to over $100 (I think that's what I was thinking of when I thought No-No's were $50 >.>)... Should be possible for me to get, after a while~

*Cough*Thatmakesitcanon*cough*

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I had lunch at a (supposedly) Irish-style pub the other day. It was very good. But I have no way of knowing what real Irish pubs are like without visiting the country.
    So you should visit!

Yes, but that's not quite what I was saying. What I meant was that, before I knew I was trans, I would read those articles as if I was a man, but all of the traits that women like didn't seem like something I could pull off, but seemed like things I would want in a partner.
    Oh, yes, I understood that. My point is that articles will go for the most stereotypical stuff and a lot of us rainbow folk are left out in the cold by them. Basically I was just giving out about them.

No, most bars here are places of depression. Another reason I want to move to your country.
    So you should visit too!

... *Finds herself wondering if the 'drunken Irishman' stereotype isn't everyone else just being jealous* X3
    Well .... We also have a huge alcohol problem that starts with kids 13 or 14 years old drinking in fields, works its way through teens drinking in clubs, twenty-somethings pub hopping until the last late-house closes and then heading back to an apartment to drink whatever they have, and middle aged alcoholics who no one would ever call an alcoholic because four pints of beer an evening, 12 on weekends, that's just Liam, he's a good guy. Hard drinker? You should've seen his dad! ... On the other hand, we can really hold our alcohol. Liam after four pints is only just starting to haze on the edges of functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I just passive-aggressively filled in "lesbian" on a form for counseling services because "asexual" and "other" weren't options. And I figured "lesbian" was so impossible it'd make them think twice and ask me about it.

On the bright side it included some non-binary options for gender.
    Good plan!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

30. - Top - End - #570

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    So you should visit!
    I would like to visit Ireland and the UK at some point. As an English-speaker with just a smidge Spanish, they're really my main options for not-USA places to go.
    Jude P.