New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Usabhar, looking interested in Rahja's mirror, slowly walks up to the aasimar and quietly asks, "How long have you known Selayna now? I had met a few of your people at Sargti prior to my arrival here." He debates about whether to ask about what the members of her haven had said in regards to Rahja, but decides against it in the end. It is probably for the best to hear it from her instead.

Outside, Nasiri holds silent for a moment before making a quip in response to Korshim's claim. "Oh please, did you simply say that as a way to dismiss my statement?" Her tone is suddenly sharp, as if she was insulted even if she is clearly faking it. "I've talked with you like a person, thought of you as one, and you go saying you're a machine so you can avoid the subject? How upsetting!" She then flies to look at him with a more amused smile. "Well, either way I think you could do some good by relaxing. That's what we're going up to the top of the mountain for, right?"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

No. YOU don't understand! He shouts with much more anger than anyone might expect from "just a machine." I am a machine. A construct of brass and a miracle of steam power. An automaton given autonomy and some temporal abilities by some...accident of technomancy. I'm not avoiding anything, it's just fact. Besides, you wouldn't know what it's like to have a part of you used to send a message. He does sound pretty upset.

The High Lord comes out of the palace, looking no worse for wear, but it looks like Prince Zurkar is not with him.
    Greetings. My Dear Prince will hold the Empire for the time of my absence. I assume our affairs are in order?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-12-08 at 09:04 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja puts a finger to her lips as she looks to Usabhar, being in the middle of a call, and squats down so Celestica can see.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Selayna waves out to everyone standing in front of the mirror, seeming to find some manner of humor in Usabhar's attempt to whisper. "I can see that you're in a rush so I'll try to keep things brief. First, we've got our casualty report," Selayna's face darkens as she speaks the word "casualty", as if determined to let the world know that she finds nothing 'casual' about it. "We haven't had many losses, thankfully, and we're doing our best to reverse those loses that we can with our resources. Secondly, there's a bit of a stir in Bytopia, though we're still trying to figure out what that's all about. I'll report if I find anything out but nobody seems to be in any real danger so far." Selayna pauses for a bit to think, "Oh, and you'll be glad to hear this. A couple of brave volunteers have verified that extradimensional travel is still safe for the moment." Eying you suspiciously, she continues "you have been avoiding teleportation, haven't you?"
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-12-10 at 08:58 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods as she hears about the casualties. Like with the many people that died on the Empire worlds to the blackballs and the Imperion homeworld to the invaders, she wishes she would get the time to put things right again, something Selayna and Celestica are keenly aware about. The aasimar acknowledges the events in Bytopia too, glad that at least right now there isn't an emergency at hand.

At mentioning teleportation, Rahja bites her lip guiltily. "Couldn't. I sensed something that couldn't wait." The nymph knows exactly what sense that is. "I did what I could, but it's out of my hands now." What follows is a quiet sigh. One that, to Selayna and Celestica, sounds a lot like politics. Even though she had a good reason, letting Selayna down in the regard of teleportation still feels bad (as it should).

"Please give my heartfelt thanks to the volunteers for their bravery and I'd like to meet them once I am back and time permits. And please tell the families of those who have fallen that their loved ones will not be forgotten. I'll personally make sure that they'll be returned to them once I am back." Pausing, Rahja lets her eyes wander in consideration for a short moment.

"I'll contact you as soon as I return, I hope it won't be long. Be safe, Selayna." Rahja smiles at the nymph, waiting for her answer before turning off the mirror and putting it away.

After the talk, the aasimar turns to Usabhar. "I have known her for most of my adult life, which is to say several years. What about the volunteers? Are they all well and safe?"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica colors slightly at the mentioning of teleporting as well. Thats partly my fault Selayna, I did apply a bit of pressure to her. But we had to resolve the situation in the Empirion, people were dying needlessly. And we has some other issues to consider.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #457

SwashbucklerGuy

Waiting until Selayna has finished her debriefing and Rahja's explanation before responding, Usabhar nods to the aasimar. "Indeed they are safe," he says proudly fond of his kingdom's accomplishment."For now they are under Sargti's protection until they wish to return."

As Wero returns, the dwarf turns to respond to him. "I am set to go now so long as everyone else is High Lord. I would like Nasiri to stay behind however to minimize our travel time. I feel she would want to be with your clockwork dragon for now anyway." He looks at Rahja with a curious look as he remains calm and poised. "Will your haven be alright for now? It sounds like it could use some assistance when we find the time."

Halting her way up due to Korshim's outburst, Nasiri pauses to look at the clockwork dragon with a strange look. It wasn't his mentioning of being a machine or such that confused her, but the part about being used as a message. She didn't quite imagine Wero or Zurkar simply taking a screw or piece of metal off and send it to someone else as a mean to upset Korshim. With more curiosity than worry, she flies up to Korshim's side again, quietly asking, "...What do you mean by that? Were you dismantled?"

8. - Top - End - #458

What? No! Korshim rebukes immediately.
    It's just...well... He pauses, not sure how to phrase it so that it makes sense to a meatbag.
    Well apparently...one of my...parts got removed, and replaced with an Adamantium substitute...without me knowing at all. Even worse, the part was written on. So, um. Yeah. I guess I was dismantled. Then reassembled. Just...without me knowing. The violated Clockwork Dragon speaks in a downtrodden manner.

Yes, the two seem to be bonding. It will remain by the Prince's side. Eventually.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Selayna gives a soft sigh of exasperation, though it seems she is still smiling, "We'll talk more when you talk back. Until then, I'm just glad that you're safe. Do take care of yourself." With that, the fey vanishes from the mirror.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods and glances over to Celestica, unseen by anyone but Selayna, before putting the mirror away. Leaning over, she kisses Celestica on the cheek. "Thanks," she adds with a warm smile.

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Selayna is like family to me and to disappoint her, however small..." Rahja pauses, her eyes directed to the floor before returning back to Celestica's face. "You are family now, too, so we should get together after this, just the three of us, get you two to know each other." The young aasimar actually sounds giddy about the thought.

Relieved to hear the volunteers, warmth practically radiates from Rahja's serene features. "I am glad to hear that. Thank you," she says with a light bow. "Haven will be fine for now, though some healing and care will be needed when we get back. I must add that while I am considered their leader, Haven is not mine. Ultimately, it is what it's people make of it, though it is still growing and in need of support and guidance."

Turning towards the group, Rahja casts a quick look towards where Nasiri and Korshim flew with a fleeting chuckle. "Now then, shall we?" Unless something else needs doing, Rahja heads to the portal chamber with the others and teleports the group to the Meeting Grounds (with Wero in a smaller form).

11. - Top - End - #461

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar nods with a dignified look as he follows Rahja to the portal chamber, checking to see that Celestica and Wero are also ready.

Nasiri raises and eyebrow to Korshim indicating a small sense of confusion. "So someone under everyone's eyes replaces a part of your machinery? How odd... Perhaps it might have been an inside job, or maybe it was there when you were made." She throws out ideas and possibilities without much thought placed on Korshim's feelings about such ideas. She thinks more analytically than emotionally. "Did you give any sort of close examination on the part? Did anyone examine it to figure out when it was made?"

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

(nothing really earthshaking here, just posting to be sure)

Celestica follows.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #463

Lord Wero leads the way into the portal chamber, having all but memorized the layout of the Citadel. He'll transform into his human form when he needs to.

I have every page of my schematics programmed into me. There is no reason I would have any adamantium in me but for...sabotage. Damnit, i'm vulnerable! If a component can be replaced without me knowing, what else can they do?! He starts to get quite panicked.
    I'm..i'm going to be sabotaged. My Creator will die and i'll be too non-functional to save him!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Teleporting into the center of the astral plane, you find yourselves not in some grand meeting hall but in front of a simply Humungous Astral Pool, extending as far as you can see in all directions. Creatures of all shapes and sizes seem to be approaching the pool, diving into its depths and into what lies beyond.

15. - Top - End - #465

Huh, the High Lord thought it would be bigger. Truth be told he thought it would be spherical, or some oblique 3-dimensional shape. Hovering towards it under the power of the Astral Plane's subjective gravity, he gestures towards the portal in a rather uncharacteristically gentlemanly pose.
    Shall we?

He then falls into the pool, not even bothering to transform back into his draconic form for reasons unknown.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Being more accustomed to flight and the lack of gravity than Celestica, Rahja grasps her hand as shining wings unfold and carry them into the pool.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica experienced the weird gravitational laws of the Astral Plane when she adventured with Wero in the attempt to save the world of Lyca. However, she doesnt pull away from Rahja, more than willing to accept her guidance, she may have experienced it, but not mastered it. The two of them plunge into the Astral pool.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #468

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar watches as Wero dives into the pool, followed closely by Rahja and Celestica. Despite the circumstances, there was this feeling of reasonable trust the dwarf has for the others. To him they seem like what Keltahkonkmet wishes that the gods were; people should take action and fight, not plan and learn while enemies take advantage of such foolery. Usabhar thinks that for a moment, he may be able to convince the gods to take action after all. Usabhar silently dives in the pool after the others, not one to be left behind.

Back on Emanacal, Nasiri finds herself at a loss for words for a moment as she notices that Korshim begins to freak out. Deciding not to try and calm him down immediately, she flies next to him and asks, "Are we near the top yet?"

19. - Top - End - #469

Emanacal: Above the Indigo Citadel

The Clockwork Dragon lands on a mountainous ledge, pacing feverishly back and forth as he suffers under the relentless fury of a panic attack. If I fail him, the High Lord will think it's my fault, because I failed. He'll have me dismantled for real. Or worse! What have I done? What have I allowed myself to do? There's something wrong with my diagnostics systems! I know it! Or what if my self-repair routines have become corrupted? What if they're being controlled by something else?!

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The meeting ground looks nothing like the astral plane, a large room perhaps a quarter-mile in diameter. Every surface seems to be carved of ivory or some similar white substance, down to the pillars that climb up to unseen depths. A large group has already assembled in the area. Fiendish, celestial, and everything in between, the inhabitants seem strong, canny, and armed to the teeth with such weaponry and dweomers that the room is filled with a soft buzz and clashes of metal on metal just from their attempts to move through the room. Up on a raised platform in the center of the room are several gods. Nerull, Ehlonna, Heironeous, and Bahamut (shrunken in form but still recognizable) stand at attention as they survey the contents of the crowd. Standing on the steps to the platform, meanwhile, is the unmistakable form of Asmodeus, avoiding the angry gazes of those around him as if casually observing the architecture. At the moment, the gods look appraisingly over the crowd.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-12-15 at 04:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471

Bahamut? Great. The High Lord was not really looking forward to negotiating a repayment at this time. However Asmodeus serves to be a more annoying prospect. No doubt he is going to do something to advance the diabolic agenda. A shame the cracks didn't dispose of him.
    For now he'll maintain a neutral guise. And maintain this frail human form. Most of the beings here will probably easily see through it, but the few that won't, it's always good diplomatically to place anyone at a false sense of security.

The High Lord, for the moment, focuses on Bahamut, hoping to meet his gaze and attract his attention. A nonverbal communication they have business.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Navigating the crowd with ease, Rahja examines the assembled crowd attentively, curiously, never having seen such diversity in one place. She had hoped to see Shelyn or Hanali here, perhaps Sarenrae, but they are most likely preoccupied with other important issues. Still, she cannot help but notice that no god of neutrality is present, and neither are gods from other pantheons. Regardless, being in the presence of gods is a rare occasion and Rahja simply lets the tapestry of impressions flow through her. She shows a small, courteous bow as the gods' gazes pass her, a simple greeting, nothing more, nothing less.

Almost absentmindedly, Rahja summons a lute as white as ivory to hand and quietly begins to play as she moves among the ranks of people present, meeting many good or adventurous souls, reciprocating kindness where it is shown to her. Yet, she simply seeks to pass the time and calm the soul, the healer seeming more withdrawn than usual.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should it matter, take 10 on perform for 157.

23. - Top - End - #473

SwashbucklerGuy

Entering the Meeting Grounds, Usabhar stands idle for a bit as he takes interest in the ivory and white material that makes up of the area. When he does look to the gods, he accurately expected Keltahkonkmet not to be here. Of the other gods here, the dwarf is glad to see Heironeous and Bahamut even if they have decided not to take up arms yet; it's something he will have to convince to them. Usabhar had no immediate opinion on Ehlonna but disliked Nerull due to the dwarf's hate in necromancy. And of course Asmodeus went without stating. Usabhar for a moment contemplated whether to bring out his axe against the devil before remembering the Meeting Grounds' strict rules against violence.

Instead Usabhar stays silent for a time as Rahja began playing on her lute. He lets the aasimar calm the souls of those at this area as his eyes tries to meet those of the gods. Eventually however he decides that waiting around is not preferable. Slowly he makes his way towards the front of the group, and to the steps of the platform at which Asmodeus stands still at. Usabhar didn't expect the devil to listen to him, but it is worth attempting at least. Looking up at Asmodeus, Usabhar calmly and indignantly boasts out, "Will you move?"

Back on Emanacal, Nasiri listens quietly as Korshim begins a severe panic attack. She had been hoping to admire the view quietly however the clockwork dragon's exponentially panicked state made that impossible. Deciding to get some sense in, Nasiri manuevers around to whack one of Korshim's eyes with her tail. *WHACK* It didn't end up with much more than her tail being sore from the collision, but it got her point across. "Will you calm down?" She belts out in mild annoyance. "Honestly, I'm trying to enjoy the view here. Her voice then calms down as she slowly goes to rest on Korshim's head. "You continue like that and you will go crazy. Perhaps you can try learning to take your mind off worrying events by admiring the simple things in life."

24. - Top - End - #474

Nasiri's hitting the metal dragon goes exactly the way she expected. It doesn't seem to have felt it, however the ringing noise may have gotten its attention. However it seems to be willingly ignoring the hit. That's the problem though. I'm not alive! Jets of steam whistle out from the horns on the back of Korshim's head.

I was wrought for purpose. That is to keep The Gatekeeper safe. It's literally my only function. Without it i'm...i'm nothing more than scrap metal, or some glorified statue at best. I know i'll be around for much longer than my Creator's natural lifespan will allow, but...right now...I'm...stuck. It paces around a bit more, its head downcast.

I can't fulfill my function. If i'm not with him i'm allowing him to be put in danger, but if I am near him my systems may be corrupted and i'll be forced to turn against him.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica may be an epic level personage, but that doesnt mean she has ever met deities, let alone a room full of them. She walks closely with Rahja, keeping quiet for now, and when she takes out her lute, Celestica follows suit. The only god whose existance she does not acknowledge is that of Asmodeus, if the rules didnt forbid combat, she might have tried to evict him.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Asmodeus flashes a devilish smile at Usabhar as he looks up and down the dwarf, "Of course I'll move. I'm just here to help like everyone else," With that, Asmodeus raises from his seat and gestures up towards the stage, even going so far as to bow his head in mock servitude.

Across the room, Wero briefly catches Bahamut's eye and he can swear that the platinum dragon cracks a small smile, though the dragon instantly goes back to scanning the rest of the crowd for new entries

As Ehlonna quietly welcomes Usabhar up on the platform, Heironeous steps forward to speak, "I hope you will not mind if I skip the pleasantries but there's no point in keeping you all for idle chitchat at the moment. As all of you have undoubtedly seen the cracks in the sky and have likely fought creatures emerging from them, I'm sure that all of you are wondering what is going on.

First, to clear the air, what you have witnessed and fought was not some "test". This is a serious matter deserving even our full attention and we may all see far worse in the future.

As for what you did see... it would seem that the multiverse is changing. More accurately, it is being wrenched, warped and distorted as an earthquake might do to a single region. Unfortunately, we are at a bit of a loss of how this has started or on how to stop it but it seems to be a mostly... natural event. Those cracks you have seen, unfortunately, may well be just the beginning."

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja's quiet music comes to an end like it was always supposed to as Heironeous begins to speak. She listens attentively, though a question comes to mind. "If I may," she says, waiting for permission to speak further, bowing ever so slightly if granted and continuing. "what is, so far, known to the gods about the creatures and the realm behind the cracks that seem like they are akin to the Far Realm? In my eyes, their manipulation of reality itself poses a never seen before threat, one where we should waste no time and start to pool knowledge and ressources, as well as coordinate our fortification against what is to come, regardless of where they stand in whatever eternal conflicts there may be." As in a barren multiverse, no one would be left to fight anyway, she silently finishes, feeling the consequences should be clear even without voicing them. Action is needed, whether in support or in fighting those unknown creatures and cracks.

28. - Top - End - #478

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar gives nothing more than a passing glance to Asmodeus as he moves up the steps to the gods. He listens to the god Heironeous on the situation. Unsurprisingly to the dwarf, the gods have no apparent idea on the situation as well. He lets Rahja voice her opinions instead of mentioning his ideas first. Once done, Usabhar speaks up as well. "For what I know, there is little anyone does know about these creatures and cracks, he says to Rahja before looking to the gods. "Whoever that has control is using our lack of knowledge to their advantage. Whether this is 'natural' or not, we have fought back before. However we cannot simply keep doing that when we know not of their numbers. We must do more than learn, we must take action and place pressure on our enemies before they bring another offense against us." Usabhar folds his arms as he finishes, doubting he may get his point across but forces the attempt anyway.

Nasiri makes a quiet sigh as she see Korshim continue to flip out. It was going to take more than simple words to make him understand; a machine does not act the way he is right now. "So you are worried," she says quietly, a solemn and pitiful look is made. "Korshim, I think you are downplaying yourself. Please let me ask you something; do machines worry? Here's another question, have you ever tried giving yourself another function? You did say you are capable of learning after all."

29. - Top - End - #479

For now the High Lord keeps his silence, preferring to appraise as much information as he can. The first question he has is the comparison between this and an earthquake. An earthquake has an origin point. If the comparison holds up, one can take a map of the multiverse and mark off the worlds that held incursions. A pattern would emerge.

Emanacal: Above the Indigo Citadel

While Korshim felt the urge to argue against the whole "downplaying himself" bit, the couatl did ask a valid question. ...no, machines don't worry. They just do. They don't question, or doubt. Or...even learn any more than what their creator needs them to know. Nasiri can almost hear gears turning in Korshim's head. Not literal ones, of course because that's a common sound. Proverbial mental gears.

So...what am I?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica keeps her peace for now, waiting for a decision to be made. Celestica has always been more of an action person than a decision maker, except when it comes to field commands. If she hears something that she can comment on, she will.
    #GoreMutualarejerks