New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dr McNinja III: You Rad Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    Your comment makes me wonder: is there a Chuck Goodrich parallel in the OotS universe? I mean, I know that the world is actually already in legitimate danger, but is there someone who, while being comparatively "normal," has still managed to save the world somehow? Or parallels Chuck in other respects?

I'd personally vote for Shojo, in that he has no class levels but still tries his hardest.

This may be a stupid comparison idea.
    Good point, maybe Roy's girlfriend. She saved the team in a legal battle.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Your comment makes me wonder: is there a Chuck Goodrich parallel in the OotS universe? I mean, I know that the world is actually already in legitimate danger, but is there someone who, while being comparatively "normal," has still managed to save the world somehow? Or parallels Chuck in other respects?

I'd personally vote for Shojo, in that he has no class levels but still tries his hardest.

Well, first off, Shojo has class levels. They're just NPC class levels. This isn't a big deal, because Chuck obviously has levels in Astronaut, and has prestiged over into Time Traveler.

More importantly, Shojo, so far as we know, hasn't jumped through a time portal to prevent an apocalypse coming to pass.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

I guess that in OotS there is some potential in those rifts to be retrofitted as space-time vortices, but I doubt, we will ever see a time travel story there. All in all, the OotS Chuck Goodrich would be the person to use those rifts to save the world.
    Last edited by Radar; 2013-12-23 at 07:04 AM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kraagor. He jumped in the rift, and ever since he did, it hasn't attacked anyone outside, like it did with Soon's fiancée.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

So if Kraagor is OotS's Chuck Goodrich, does that make Kore Goblins' Chuck? He hails from a reality where evil completely overtakes good, and enters the time portal with the goal of destroying all evil.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Doc wants to celebrate with THE GREATEST PIZZA PARTY EVER.

Now that's Radical.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So now I'm thinking back to DARE To Resist Ninja Drugs and Violence, and wondering how the heck Rayner thought he would even have a hope of defeating the president. Her displayed badass quotient is far too high for her to not be an eleventy-seven knot black belt in Liberty Fu or something.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So now I'm thinking back to DARE To Resist Ninja Drugs and Violence, and wondering how the heck Rayner thought he would even have a hope of defeating the president. Her displayed badass quotient is far too high for her to not be an eleventy-seven knot black belt in Liberty Fu or something.
    He didn't count on a T-Rex mech.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Colossus in the Playground

He was probably counting on populist support. The president doesn't strike me as very good at governing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

10. - Top - End - #1090

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    He was probably counting on populist support. The president doesn't strike me as very good at governing.
    No, his plan was to kill the president, thus becoming the president, and using the power of his mustache to shift public opinion into believing that is actually how it works.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Hm. Maybe a different president was in office back then? How much time passed between D.A.R.E. and Dirtbikes?
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

12. - Top - End - #1092

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Hm. Maybe a different president was in office back then? How much time passed between D.A.R.E. and Dirtbikes?
    Does time even pass in Cumberland when a Chuck isn't involved? Gordito hasn't gotten visibly older, and he was 12 when Doc got him. Puberty would be kicking in with a vengeance if it was more than a year or so. So I guess there's a very, very slim chance that an election happened offscreen between D.A.R.E and Dirtbikes. But I think it's more likely that Rayner was just terrible in planning every facet of his scheme, not just the final step.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2013-12-23 at 11:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

The impression I've gotten is that while Madame President is rad as hell and wants to do stuff like pilot a giant combining dinobot, she's not necessarily a personal fighter or qualified to do anything except perform her duties as chief executive.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Something is wrong here...200 golden cockatrice sausage pizzas is too...too Radical...
    Before you ask, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

We saw how Dr. McLuchador reacted to the pizza, obviously Dr. McNinja heard about it and wants to experience the pizza for himself.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Maybe he planned to make sure that her Secret Service staff was also comprised of ninjas, thereby giving him a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    We saw how Dr. McLuchador reacted to the pizza, obviously Dr. McNinja heard about it and wants to experience the pizza for himself.
    Guys, guys, I think that Dr. McLuchador might secretly be Chuck Goodrich!

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Guys, guys, I think that Dr. McLuchador might secretly be Chuck Goodrich!
    Golden cockatrice sausage pizzas will ruin the future ! *punch*
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-12-24 at 09:20 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Science will find a way to propagate the golden cockatrice sausage to the point where it is no longer rare and thus readily available for mass consumption. All will be good at first; the new pizza will increase pizza sales thus expanding the industry and revitalizing the economy. But soon after Golden Cockatrice Pizza will be the ONLY thing anyone ever wants to eat... That will lead to the ruin of mankind and the rise of the tyrannical pizza overlords.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2013-12-24 at 10:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Mass consumer demand will drive the poultry industry to build massive golden cockatrice farms, and genetically engineer their flocks for increased size and rapid breeding to maximize their meat potential. This will create a short-term utopia of cheap, affordable golden cockatrice sausage pizza and all manner of other golden cockatrice products, but a freak accident will result in containment failure of a electric fence, freeing the hordes of gigantic, rapid-breeding, aggressive and carnivorous golden cockatrices (meat's gotta be rare and expensive for a reason, they're dangerous to hunt) to overrun the earth and wipe out most of humanity.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2013-12-25 at 11:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

That is quite the Pizza party there...
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Aww. Thats wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Whenever I see the friend brothers I think of the live actors for the 80s Mario Brothers TV show.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2013-12-28 at 10:30 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

23. - Top - End - #1103

BlueKnightGuy

I STILL think something's wrong. King Radical is too rad and bad a dude for this to be how his story ends.

I'm calling it now: a Chuck is going to appear to tell Dr. McNinja "We need to make sure King Radical's plan succeeds for the sake of the future!"
    Before you ask, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Radical isn't down for the count by a long shot. He's got a bunch of his radical folk now, and there's still the portal in space that's available. I suspect Radical is going to go after the space program next.

Also, is that the presidential mech I spy? I have a feeling it'll be important later.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2013-12-28 at 08:32 PM.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Dan's face in the first panel, it looks like he's about to shed a tear or something equally improbable...
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1106

Doc doesn't know it, but I think he's right in a way. Chuck did save their universe twice...the first time from zombies, the second time from going back and dying to King Radical to make him believe his Radicalization plan would succeed. If that hadn't happened, he might have been more cautious about the endgame stages of the plan.

27. - Top - End - #1107

That omninous pizza slice...what could it mean?

We don't have anymore Chuck's running around do we? Not counting the ones that were put into safety programs from the mayor Chuck, or may come here to stop a new disaster, but in this timeline we shouldn't have anyone running around right now correct?

28. - Top - End - #1108

Quote Originally Posted by Codyage View Post
    That omninous pizza slice...what could it mean?

We don't have anymore Chuck's running around do we? Not counting the ones that were put into safety programs from the mayor Chuck, or may come here to stop a new disaster, but in this timeline we shouldn't have anyone running around right now correct?
    I believe that is just the pizza equivalent of a libation. It's a very long lived tradition, from Ancient Egypt to American Rappers. In our world, it's generally done with alcohol, but probably the dead would prefer some Golden Cockatrice Sausage Pizza. It seems pretty good. Anyway, it's hard to pour pizza, so Doc's just chucking it on the ground.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Doc doesn't know it, but I think he's right in a way. Chuck did save their universe twice...the first time from zombies, the second time from going back and dying to King Radical to make him believe his Radicalization plan would succeed. If that hadn't happened, he might have been more cautious about the endgame stages of the plan.
    He also denied Radical use of that time portal.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    I believe that is just the pizza equivalent of a libation. It's a very long lived tradition, from Ancient Egypt to American Rappers. In our world, it's generally done with alcohol, but probably the dead would prefer some Golden Cockatrice Sausage Pizza. It seems pretty good. Anyway, it's hard to pour pizza, so Doc's just chucking it on the ground.
    Also, doc has something of a history of commemorating dead friends with pizza.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!