New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Awwww.

I find it interesting that Pony Celia hits many of the same design cues as the G1 Flutter Ponies, but doesn't actually look like them.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    I think Lix was referencing a character from Homestuck, so I posted something about the character the reference was about.
    Ah, I see. Missed the reference going in both directions, then.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pimp. Cloud.

(that will be all)

4. - Top - End - #904
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Space Pirate Vampire Princess Unicorn Bleakbane. It's like she collects things to be.[/SIZE]
    Spoiler
    Show

I support this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    So what you're saying is
    It Was Already Here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Don't you dare try to blame what happened in Canterlot on my OFCs! The damage to the city would have been minimal if you hadn't hidden your damned explosives throughout the area like some psychotic Easter Bunny! What kind of maniac stores unstable explosives in a major metropolois anyway?

So Boffinspark's found someone who might actually be crazier than he is. Honestly, I don't know whether I find this funny or disturbing.
    Blunt, put "Psychotic Easter Bunny" on my resume.

It's something called Mutually Assured Destruction, something useful when you're in this line of work. Even as an occasional Equestrian defense contractor, safeguards are always good.

The damage would have been minimal, my plot. You're firing an orbital battle station into one of the largest population centers of Equestria, summoning abominations left and right, waging war on your nemesis, and you say the damage would have been minimal? At that point, my bombs were only the icing on the cake that changed the outcome from "crater" to "Hemispherical depression."

As for you, Prince Regeln, at this point I must question your motivations. After all, what has Celestia done about the mass-murdering OFC lunatic that you claim to guard? After he destroyed Canterlot, instead of hunting him down like the dog he is, she reinstates his status, and sends someone to guard him. If that isn't insanity, I don't know what is. You're emotionally compromised, refusing to believe that our princess may be off her rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Don't worry, I'll find one reason or another to use your... what where those super-powerful-apocalypse-bombs called? The ones with like, dark matter and friendship and stuff? The ones that were the size of a semi truck?
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, first of all, nothing I have involves dark matter of any kind. Cold and hot fusion, yes. Antimatter, certainly. I even have some steam kicking around one of the workshops. No dark matter, though.

Ahem, let me list the armaments in question.

While there are a number of smaller explosives sufficient to level only a city, the largest portion of my arsenal is the Dive Bomb Friendship Antimatter "Rainuke" Grenuke, sufficient to level a county-sized area. These tennis ball sized explosives are perfect for mounting to missiles, attaching to drones, or simply planted and remotely detonated.

Then we have the DBtech Dump Bomb, which pairs a couple hundred FAM grenukes with a six-foot diameter sphere of Friendship Antimatter. This bomb, designed to be launched from as close to orbit as possible, has proven capable of sinking continents.

Either way, I look forward to the assault.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-09-18 at 12:54 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Ahem, let me list the armaments in question.

While there are a number of smaller explosives sufficient to level only a city, the largest portion of my arsenal is the Dive Bomb Friendship Antimatter "Rainuke" Grenuke, sufficient to level a county-sized area. These tennis ball sized explosives are perfect for mounting to missiles, attaching to drones, or simply planted and remotely detonated.

Then we have the DBtech Dump Bomb, which pairs a couple hundred FAM grenukes with a six-foot diameter sphere of Friendship Antimatter. This bomb, designed to be launched from as close to orbit as possible, has proven capable of sinking continents.

Either way, I look forward to the assault.
    Yep, those're the ones I was talking about. I think I have like what, 2 of each?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

6. - Top - End - #906

Yep, those're the ones I was talking about. I think I have like what, 2 of each?
    I think I might have given you some grenukes, but I try to keep a good rein on my Dumb Bombs. It's your inventory, though; it's possible.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-09-18 at 01:38 AM.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    I really hope that's not a shipping picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Yes, it's shipping. I don't care, it's cute.
    Do try and pay attention, won't you? There's a good chap.

Bottom line; whoever genderbent them did a fine job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    This is they, by the way.
    Yes indeed. And it's Atryl. At least 50% of his works have NSFW versions, and yes, that includes the Diamond Dogs pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Space Pirate Vampire Princess Unicorn Bleakbane. It's like she collects things to be.[/SIZE]
    Spoiler
    Show

Stylish! Vyse approves.

More guards from Equestria-Prevails:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bottom line; whoever genderbent them did a fine job.
    Agreed. I love those floppy ears Fido has.

Spoiler
    Show
    That is so cool.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Some new info on that upcoming comic series reveals that apparently a certain villain will be returning in it's pages.... *SPOILER WARNING FOR THE COMICS*
    Is it just me, or does the cover art for the second issue look rather inferior to the first issue's cover?

Some thoughts on this information and season 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, does this sink the theory that the Crystal Empire is related to the changelings?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-18 at 05:40 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Where do I get these comics!?
    Assuming you cannot grab them from your local comics shop when they are released in November (Or in the case of the second issue, December), IDW has them available for pre-order on their website in both physical and digital form.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-18 at 05:38 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Fun fact from QI XL: Aztecs worship rabbits. (But not march hares...) Specifically, the rabbit in the moon.

Angel and Fluttershy become lost in the Aztec Empire (or pony equivilent thereof).

Discuss.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-09-18 at 05:54 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

People who get coffee and no caffeine, experience withdrawal symptoms and don't know why.
    People who don't drink coffee but are given caffeine experience the highs, addiction and withdrawal and don't know why.
    Neither of these groups knew this was going on.

Getting your fix will make you feel normal, but it will not make you feel good. Saying that drug addiction is 100% mental, with no physical component at all, despite a body of evidence, is silly. Saying that it's possible some of it is mental, so it all must be mental, is even more silly. And the difference between mental enjoyment and physical lift from coffee can be discerned, if you have a modicum of body awareness.
    The problem is you can't really separate mind and body. Caffeine affects the brain, it also affects the body, the body affects the brain, the brain affects the body and itself. If you give someone coffee without caffeine, their brain no doubt registers the lack of this chemical even if they are not consciously aware of it themselves. It happens in the brain, so is it physiological or psychological?

You could argue that this is in fact a physiological effect, because it's not a conscious one, and that's probably where I've been stupid. And I'll just concede defeat and leave it at this, because getting into a discussion of what is consciousness it not something I wish to subject anyone to, including myself

So you're right, caffeine affects you in many ways, and I was wrong to suggest it was purely mental. Personally I just think the psychological effect is larger than people realize. Can we agree on that, at least?

I was four.
    Ah, well that might also explain why you cut yourself, so one mystery possibly solved

You're working with a lot of bias here.
    I'm Irish. My hair is, until I took control of it, about as difficult to manage as a mild african's. My skin is also very thin. I am a very sensual person, able to pick up .6 degree temperature changes, and tell the difference between a nickel weight an penny weight (a nickel is five miligrams, by the way). I also don't shave.

My different texture/elasticity/age/diet/health skin, with different hair and different sensitivity levels, will react differently than yours.

I was also robbed over three dozen times by age 7. I've been stabbe three times, once by my self because I missed a mark on a kata. I've been thrown off a three story building. These may be once-in-a-lifetime things to you, sure. I've already had half a hundred of them.

I've also fallen out of/off of a speeding car twice. Had my knee smashed with a wooden rod because someone cheated at a game of chicken. Had a gun drawn on me because I got within forty feet of a man's truck - on a twenty foot wide street. Saying "this stuff doesn't really happen to normal people" is the No True Scottsman fallacy.
    All this tells us is that you're a possible outlier and your experiences don't really explain anything about the larger body of humanity. That's not the same as saying you're not normal, I should hasten to say, it just means you're hardly representative of all humans, just like I'm not. It's quite possible that I have exceptionally tough skin or something, making me an outlier too.

The "observed" "fact" (which might be a myth or exaggerated because all we have is word-of-mouth) is that the majority of people cut themselves frequently while shaving. There are a number of possible explanations for this:

0. The "observed fact" is wrong, and in fact most people don't cut themselves very frequently, but the story grows in the telling

1. The majority of people have really sensitive skin, and/or the majority of people are quite unfortunate and subject to lots of random bad luck while shaving (more than one would expect by simple randomness), and/or the majority of people are extremely careless while shaving.

2. Some other factor is in play here beyond sensitive skin, bad luck and careless manners.

I do not believe that #1 describes the majority of people. It may describe you, but you're just one person and possibly in some ways an outlier. I suspect people with very sensitive skin are a minority (like people with red hair are a minority), and probably the other end of the spectrum (tough skin) is just as rare. I would expect skin sensitivity to form a bell curve.

What you would want to do to settle this is get a broad, representative sample of people and find out such things as how many cut themselves while shaving and how frequently, what kind of skin they have, how they shave, what they use to shave, so on and so forth, and then figure out if maybe the number of cuts are exaggerated so it can all be explained by sensitive skin, bad luck and/or careless manners.

IF the number and the frequency is large enough, then it CAN NOT be explained by those three factors alone, because most people don't have sensitive skin (I assume, that might be worth confirming though), and most people are not massively careless with a razor. And random bad luck can only account for so many cuts before you have to accept that you're missing some important factor.

Arm hair and skin has different thickness, texture, elasticity and growth than facial hair and skin. I've sharpened a knife on my arm before. It doesn't work with my face.
    Yes, and I did shave my face, and that was the real test you could say. But in fact there are sensitive parts of the arm too, like the elbow and the sides of the wrist where the bone is close to the skin.

The placebo effect is a medical term for when you hve someone a candy, tell them it is medicine, an it works.

This applies to coffee, and to a lesser extent, your shaving dillema, because it is a study in how even with a known mechanism for psychological effect, te mechanical effect is also important
    I know about the placebo effect, and I'm clear on where it applies to coffee. But I can't quite imagine how to apply it to the shaving issue.

And I've been quite clear that the mechanical effect is important, my hypothesis is just that it is not the sole factor, that there is an as yet unknown factor which I suspect is a psychological one. I can't prove my hypothesis simply by arguing, I need data, but I think I can justify the concept and that's all I wish to do here.

What I wish to convince you of, is that it just might be possible that there is a psychological factor in the shaving issue. Not that it is the only factor, or maybe even the most significant factor, just that it might be there.

More Importantly, are you okay? Your demeanor has changed significantly since this began.
    I have? If so it is not conscious or something of which I am aware

I assure you I'm quite fine We do seem to get tangled up in endless discussions right now, and sometimes I groan a little and wish we could just leave it be, but I know neither of us would like to just stop when there are still points be be made or reformulated in even more words

I don't see germs as having souls. The details thereof are of limits, unfortunately. My only recourse is semantics, and I tire of that.
    I was just being silly, and I found it quite nice after all the super serious arguing. Sorry if I gave the impression of discussing whether germs have souls in all seriousness.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I was just being silly, and I found it quite nice after all the super serious arguing. Sorry if I gave the impression of discussing whether germs have souls in all seriousness.
    A particularly bad comic on Atop the Forth Wall last week was exposulating about how horrible that molecules were being broken down as part of the life cycle.

Molecules.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    A particularly bad comic on Atop the Forth Wall last week was exposulating about how horrible that molecules were being broken down as part of the life cycle.

Molecules.

Just let that sink in for a moment.
    Well, at least radioactive decay is not a major component of the life cycle. Otherwise we'd have to worry about the poor atoms.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    What about ponies with bows?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I sword of like those too!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    By the way the Great and Powerful Trixie quotes are awesome and really make me want to play a pony superhero game. Please tell me that the terrorist demands were role played out and Trixie got all the lines.
    The terrorist call was played out, though Trixie only got 75% of the lines. The character "Paul" ended the call by screaming that the terrorists had guns and then he shot the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Actually we first see it happen against Nightmare Moon, people theorize she copies the spell from Nightmare after she used it to... bring them into that tower? It's been a while since I watched the first two episodes.
    So Twilight is a Blue Mage?
    ...actually, given the design of her Starwirl the Bearded costume, she might be!

I wish I had your comedic wit. These are, as always, fantastic!
    Thanks!
    I do try my best to make my version of Trixie amusing in an intelligent way. Instead of say, Pinkie style random.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #917
    Spamalot in the Playground

People who get coffee and no caffeine, experience withdrawal symptoms and don't know why.
    People who don't drink coffee but are given caffeine experience the highs, addiction and withdrawal and don't know why.
    Neither of these groups knew this was going on.
    Sounds like that one week at my old job where I was opening. I was making the morning coffee and each day I'd slowly replace the coffee mix with a little more decaf than regular. On Friday I brought in a bag of strong Columbian coffee and made that.
    Gave everyone a caffene headache by lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    More merch upates: I just passed by our toy section at work, and noticed with the new brushables we got not only inclue Lyra Heartstrings, as previously mentioned, but also Trixie Lulamoon!
    Well I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Oooh, I think this is your best yet. +10 Extra cute points!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Marvellous, just marvellous. Sounds like the best group dynamic.
    Thanks! We're not usually that well together, but I guess the planets/stars were in a good alignment. Our GM told me that whatever it was that caused us to work so well together, he hopes it comes back regularly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hokey Smokes! Those guards look... competent. Where where they when the Changelings attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Assuming you cannot grab them from your local comics shop when they are released in November (Or in the case of the second issue, December), IDW has them available for pre-order on their website in both physical and digital form.
    Sounds like a plan to me! My wife said I should get some more stories to read our daughter at bedtime. ...She didn't say of what subject matter.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #918
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Fun fact from QI XL: Aztecs worship rabbits. (But not march hares...) Specifically, the rabbit in the moon.

Angel and Fluttershy become lost in the Aztec Empire (or pony equivilent thereof).

Discuss.
    The Aztecs believed some messed up stuff, man. They believed that they had to give human sacrifices to the sun every day because otherwise the sun would get too weak and the Stars would kill and eat it. And then it would be eternal night.

What I'm trying to say is this.

Spoiler
    Show

Long live Celestia.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-09-18 at 08:17 AM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Do try and pay attention, won't you? There's a good chap.

Yes indeed. And it's Atryl. At least 50% of his works have NSFW versions, and yes, that includes the Diamond Dogs pic.

Stylish! Vyse approves.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know you said it was shipping. I just didn't want it to be true.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

20. - Top - End - #920
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    So Twilight is a Blue Mage?
    ...actually, given the design of her Starwirl the Bearded costume, she might be!
    It's more likely than you think let's just look at a few of her spells briefly:

• As already mentioned a Teleport spell, that Nightmare Moon was the first seen to use
    • A gem finding spell, previously only(?) known by Rarity
    • A Shield Spell
    • Want it, Need It, a very powerful love spell

I have no idea where she could have possibly copied those spells...
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-09-18 at 08:47 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    It's more likely than you think let's just look at a few of her spells briefly:

• As already mentioned a Teleport spell, that Nightmare Moon was the first seen to use
    • A gem finding spell, previously only(?) known by Rarity
    • A Shield Spell
    • Want it, Need It, a very powerful love spell

I have no idea where she could have possibly copied those spells...
    But where did she learn the mustache spell?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

22. - Top - End - #922

Either, a) there is a Unicorn Barber in ponyville that can also grow hair as well as cut it(interesting theory actually) or b) a book she read.

I never thought of it before but I quite like that idea that Unicorn Barbers are known to be able to grow a ponies hair as well just shorten it. I would imagine it opens up the options as far as styling goes.
    Prior to that, I was of the opinion she looked up such a spell because of Steven Magnet.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

23. - Top - End - #923

I just started university, so I would take longer at drawing stuff.

On a side note, today's my birthday, so have a badly speed-painted Fluttershy I drawed with Inkscape
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I just started university, so I would take longer at drawing stuff.

On a side note, today's my birthday, so have a badly speed-painted Fluttershy I drawed with Inkscape
    yes, yeesssss, come deeper into the madness......
    and Happy Birthday
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Blunt, put "Psychotic Easter Bunny" on my resume.

It's something called Mutually Assured Destruction, something useful when you're in this line of work. Even as an occasional Equestrian defense contractor, safeguards are always good.

The damage would have been minimal, my plot. You're firing an orbital battle station into one of the largest population centers of Equestria, summoning abominations left and right, waging war on your nemesis, and you say the damage would have been minimal? At that point, my bombs were only the icing on the cake that changed the outcome from "crater" to "Hemispherical depression."

As for you, Prince Regeln, at this point I must question your motivations. After all, what has Celestia done about the mass-murdering OFC lunatic that you claim to guard? After he destroyed Canterlot, instead of hunting him down like the dog he is, she reinstates his status, and sends someone to guard him. If that isn't insanity, I don't know what is. You're emotionally compromised, refusing to believe that our princess may be off her rocker.
    There's a difference between hedging your bets and needlessly putting innocent lives at risk. What if some young foal had found one of your explosive devices? By your own admission they were highly liable to detonate if disturbed. I may be somewhat reckless, but even I'm not that irresponsible.
    As for the damage to Canterlot, my OFCs and atomic monsters might have caused some property damage at the point of conflict, but a good portion of the city would still be standing if it hadn't been for your thrice blasted explosives. And for what it's worth, the damage I inflicted was caused in the process of trying to protect Canterlot from Silent Night and his undead, not part of some contingency to protect myself from the Equestrian Government!

It was one of Princess Celestia's spells, of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-09-18 at 10:20 AM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

As promised, a little something for Pokonic (and Alabenson, I suppose)
    Spoiler
    Show

Not as much action as I'd have liked, and I got lazy with the background, but I hope it pleases you.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Not as much action as I'd have liked, and I got lazy with the background, but I hope it pleases you.
    Saved with the power of a thousand Sonic Rainbooms.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Saved with the power of a thousand Sonic Rainbooms.
    That's a lot of power Glad you like it

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Some new info on that upcoming comic series reveals that apparently a certain villain will be returning in it's pages.... *SPOILER WARNING FOR THE COMICS*
    Is it just me, or does the cover art for the second issue look rather inferior to the first issue's cover?

Some thoughts on this information and season 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, does this sink the theory that the Crystal Empire is related to the changelings?
    To your question, the synopsis is not incompatible with the idea. And comics like these in the past (and most tie-in media in general) maintain a completely separate continuity.

30. - Top - End - #930

There's a difference between hedging your bets and needlessly putting innocent lives at risk. What if some young foal had found one of your explosive devices? By your own admission they were highly liable to detonate if disturbed. I may be somewhat reckless, but even I'm not that irresponsible.
    As for the damage to Canterlot, my OFCs and atomic monsters might have caused some property damage at the point of conflict, but a good portion of the city would still be standing if it hadn't been for your thrice blasted explosives. And for what it's worth, the damage I inflicted was caused in the process of trying to protect Canterlot from Silent Night and his undead, not part of some contingency to protect myself from the Equestrian Government!

It was one of Princess Celestia's spells, of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    While I was perhaps overzealous in my placement--after all, four or five scattered about the city would have been sufficient-- I find your example flawed. After all, I would have been extremely to find a foal or any other pony capable of burrowing a hole to the Canterlot Bank's foundation in the exact spot necessary to find the bombs. The rest were equally well hidden.

You want proof? Changeling invasion: ponies running around everywhere, hiding, green insectoids crashing to the ground everywhere? Not a scratch on Canterlot, asides from some minor pavement issues. No, the destruction of Canterlot needed a psychopath with delusions of grandeur to waltz in and fire cannons with blatant disregard to anypony's safety!

In any case, just be glad that the ones I sold to Celestia didn't go off. I'm actually moderately surprised; I'd assumed she'd want to keep them safe nearby. Maybe she's storing them in Manehattan?

Spoiler
    Show

This pleases me, and I'm not even in it! It's ponythread in picture form!