New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The best way to deal with stalkers is lightning damage, and lots of it. Strip their shield away and they can't cloak anymore, which makes them easier to hit--albeit still not *easy*, thanks to the aforementioned jumping around all over the place!
    QFT.

For me, personally, the biggest PITA enemies...flying enemies.

As Maya, or Axton, not bad to deal with them, as you can either phaselock them(Either to stun to kill or keep damaging.) or turret blast them.

And as Gaige, simple as pie-Release Deathtrap, then laugh.

But as Zer0...cripes...you have to chip damage them, because none of the specs help at all-Kunai don't help when they don't change direction mid-flight(and the enemies do), MMF is useless on aerial enemies, and Critical Ascention sucks in general.

And in TVHM, Where Angels Fear to Tread is awful! I'm only level 44(as Zer0), and I've been avoiding most sidequests and the DLCs because I want maximized level 50 rewards from them, but all the enemies are between levels 45-47, and they keep killing me, wasting my money, and exploding my patience.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    QFT.

For me, personally, the biggest PITA enemies...flying enemies.
    Hell is fighting a swarm of buzzards when your current corrosive weapon is a Blaster.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Buzzards, as zer0 i line up sniper, wait for them to turn to me and crit their cockpit. 3 shots is enough.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

My best "I hope everyone was watching, because that will NOT be happening again" moment was, as a sniper Zer0, getting a full deflection shot on a buzzard that struck in just the right spot that the bullet hit the frame, crit the pilot, and hit the frame again (each hit doing more damage than the one before thanks to B0re). One-shot kill. My only regret is that I'm not good enough to do that on purpose.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    My best "I hope everyone was watching, because that will NOT be happening again" moment was, as a sniper Zer0, getting a full deflection shot on a buzzard that struck in just the right spot that the bullet hit the frame, crit the pilot, and hit the frame again (each hit doing more damage than the one before thanks to B0re). One-shot kill. My only regret is that I'm not good enough to do that on purpose.
    *jaw drops*

*pick up jaw rom ground*

WOW! that is awesome! Almost too good to sound true...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

6. - Top - End - #666
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Hey everyone don't forget to go the borderlands 2 Facebook to get your three Five golden keys that the put out there for winning VGA awards. They are good through the weekend.

PC / Mac: WTKT3-BSJSK-5XBTT-B333T-963SF
    Xbox 360: CBWTT-SBFSK-35WKT-HB5TT-RRRHH
    PlayStation 3: K3W33-5SX95-35K53-935T3-H6WW6

PC / Mac: C3C3J-KFTHW-WX3JJ-3BTJ3-ZR6B9
    Xbox 360: WTWTJ-ZRHCZ-RZXJ6-5XJJB-ZKKH3
    PlayStation 3: C3CBT-BT695-BWCKT-S3KBT-BCSSR

PC / Mac: K3KJ3-3RT95-KXB3B-BBTBT-CB6KH
    Xbox 360: CJ53B-66ZC9-RZR3X-5XJB3-JHC5T
    PlayStation 3: 5T5J3-ZHWSW-3K5K3-SJCJB-SCRFB

PC / Mac: W3KTT-ZW39K-56TJ3-J333T-X9FKH
    Xbox 360: KJCBB-CXSWH-6ZXT6-WXTBJ-RSHHZ
    PlayStation 3: 5J5B3-FZC9W-JC5C3-STC3B-6TF3W

PC / Mac: 5TCTJ-XC3S5-C6JJT-3JTTT-HFBW9
    Xbox 360: CT5TB-B6HWS-XSR3F-KR3BB-H6B6R
    PlayStation 3: KJ53T-CZWZK-3KC5J-HJC3T-HCC59
    Last edited by Wagadodo; 2012-12-08 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Added the codes good through the weekend.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else having a problem with Gaige where randomly when I automatically reload after emptying a gun or sometimes when I finish a quest my anarchy stacks start dropping as if I had prematurely reloaded?

It's getting kinda annoying since I'm constantly losing 100-200 stacks to this.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

So I bought Borderlands 2 during the recent Steam sale, and have just gotten to start playing it a few days ago. I've got an Axton in the early 20's, and have just finished the wildlife preserve.

My thoughts so far:

-Handsome Jack belongs on some sort of list for awesome video game villains.

-I ♥ my turret. I've always been a terrible shot in FPS games, but my turret is quite good at killing those moving targets that I have trouble hitting. Also, "Fight for your life" rarely lasts long enough to fire a single shot for me because my turret just gibs somebody before the animations finish

-Screw Tediore. Seriously, I hate their guns. Even when they don't suck anyways - which is rare - I wind up hating them .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    So I bought Borderlands 2 during the recent Steam sale, and have just gotten to start playing it a few days ago. I've got an Axton in the early 20's, and have just finished the wildlife preserve.

My thoughts so far:

-Handsome Jack belongs on some sort of list for awesome video game villains.
    he does, but look in teh media subforum and check the villains thread
    -I ♥ my turret. I've always been a terrible shot in FPS games, but my turret is quite good at killing those moving targets that I have trouble hitting. Also, "Fight for your life" rarely lasts long enough to fire a single shot for me because my turret just gibs somebody before the animations finish
    it's the same with deathbot from gaige (whom I've named Winly from FMA)
    -Screw Tediore. Seriously, I hate their guns. Even when they don't suck anyways - which is rare - I wind up hating them .
    they suck less then torgue and dahl... My favorites are: jakobs, maliwan, Hyperion, rubbish.

also a tediore rocketlauncher with elements is awesome if only because you have like 50% more ammo without losing a lot of power...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

10. - Top - End - #670
    Barbarian in the Playground

Torgue shotguns only suck if you're not playing a Mechromancer with 5 ranks in Close Enough. Otherwise, they fill rooms with explosive death.

Also, my current favorite weapon for Gaige is a Dahl e-tech shock submachine gun I got with a golden key. With the right build, Gaige sets stuff on fire with shock, so it's like two elements in one. It has a 64-round clip, too.

Of course, now that the game has caught up to me, level-wise (I've been at 50 since completing Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and had not gone into the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve in TVHM yet), it's really difficult. I've pretty much given up on finding anything to compete with my current gear unless the next DLC upps the level cap.

By the way, has anyone found a purple/orange relic yet? It's the only thing I'm missing for the achievement of having something purple or better in ever slot.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    By the way, has anyone found a purple/orange relic yet? It's the only thing I'm missing for the achievement of having something purple or better in ever slot.
    There is only one orange relic in the game, Blood of Terramorphous. It drops, of course, from Terramorphous.

There are also two Seraph relics you could get from the DLC. For purple, you'd have to get something random and I honestly don't know if relics go that high normally.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-12-10 at 06:58 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    There is only one orange relic in the game, Blood of Terramorphous. It drops, of course, from Terramorphous.

There are also two Seraph relics you could get from the DLC. For purple, you'd have to get something random and I honestly don't know if relics go that high normally.
    The Sheriff's Badge is a purple relic that can drop from the Sheriff of Lynchwood. And before I got mine I was rocking a purple vitality relic (+34.4% max health FTW).
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a purple damage reduction mod I found from some random drop. It gives damage reduction from all sources.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So I think I've come across the first point in the game that I actually can't get past due to difficulty.

I'm on TVHM with a level 44 Axton and my partner's a level 44 Maya, we're trying to go after the Bunker but we're still kind of underleveled, and we cannot get past the Super Badass Constructor. We can't seem to stay alive long enough to deal damage and it keeps regenning back to full. It's very frustrating.

We've been ignoring every side quest until now. Is there a place we should just go and grind?

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Go back to Oppertunity and grind up the mobs there. They should be around your level or just a bit above if the next area is too high for you.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Make sure you do the quest that give your skins, or heads, or non item quest. That way you get some quest experience and your not of anything when you get the other quest items.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I remember those battles, I was Maya partnered with Salvadore. Our solution was rocket launchers. Just unload on the thing (specifically the eye of course).

In addition, does your Maya have Rez? I'm not saying you NEED it but I made heavy use of it in that area.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2012-12-11 at 08:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #678

I'm pretty sure quest items don't scale at all, so I wouldn't worry about not doing side quests.
    ~ZA

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    I'm pretty sure quest items don't scale at all, so I wouldn't worry about not doing side quests.
    They do. Complete TVH and everything in the game gets leveled to 50. Trying to get level 50 copies of the Good and Bad touch is a pain in the arse, though.

EDIT: not to say that there aren't any quests you can do. Anything that gives a Green reward, Eridium, or Just-Cash-&-XP are safe to do.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-12-11 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

or reward a sub-par item like the Bane.

21. - Top - End - #681

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    They do. Complete TVH and everything in the game gets leveled to 50. Trying to get level 50 copies of the Good and Bad touch is a pain in the arse, though.

EDIT: not to say that there aren't any quests you can do. Anything that gives a Green reward, Eridium, or Just-Cash-&-XP are safe to do.
    Oh, you have to FINISH TVHM to get them to level with you? That's really stupid.
    ~ZA

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Ran the Hyperion Circle of Slaughter last night with two friends and we found out some interesting things about taking this arena on multiplayer style.

As everyone may know, when you start an arena you're locked in until you've passed all the waves or die, at which point you fail the round and have to start over. However, in a multiplayer game, the round isn't considered a failure until all participants are dead. This usually isn't a good thing since those left in the arena after a death will now be 1 player short against waves of buffed up (due to multiplayer) baddies.

Due to the construction of the entrance, players who die during this particular arena can still assist their friends! We were playing Siren/Gunzerker/Commando and found that the hallway leading to the elevator descending into the arena has openings along the sides which gives anyone who's up top a significant birds eye view of the arena.

In one round, I died early (as our Siren) and sat up top with my slag pistol slagging the various baddies, using Phaselock to rez my allies from a distance and firing my rocket launcher (rockets fit through the hole surprisingly enough) at our gunzerker when he needed a quick boost of health.

In the final round, I was left alone for half the round after we were ambushed by Super Badass War Loaders (I don't know how I survived that). This actually worked to our advantage as my allies could run back and forth to the ammo machine to get more bullets (something which I would quickly run out of) while I mainly hid, slagged enemies when it was safe and phaselocked various enemies so my friends could blow them out of the sky. We even found our Commando could toss down his turret in through a certain gap to help assist (which was amazing because it grabbed aggro).

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

This also works in the Fridge arena. If you die you can take the lift up top to a large window overlooking the arena. You can shoot and phaselock though there and deathtrap can move into the arena through the window. Unfortunately you can't (or at least I haven't been able to) throw Axtons sentry through and it won't shoot through it even if it's on the windowsill.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    This also works in the Fridge arena.
    There is infact a viewing area in each arena, I believe. It doesn't always help enough if your being stomped, but it can be just enough to turn a loss into a victory, though.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Oh man, that reminds me of when we were doing the Natural Selection Annex. I was Zer0 and my wife was Maya (yes she has more than one, since she plays nothing but Maya.) The second wave gave us some trouble from all the badass Varkids. She would die first and I would be unable to seal the deal.

Then we discovered the sniper tower. After she died, I would run around and survive with Decepti0n, she would sit up in the tower, Phaselock whatever was giving us trouble and we'd both take potshots. I'd keep just enough of the spiderlings and skag pups around for Second Winds (and she has the ranged revive perk as well) so we just trolled the Badass Varkids and the Super Badass Varkids and the Ultimate Badass Varkid. It was ridiculous, especially since I was supposed to be the sniper of the pair.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

God damn, the super badass varkids in that arena.
    I think it actually managed to kill me in the Sniper tower at one point.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-12-12 at 10:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

haven't played the ring of slaughters yet since I always play solo (shoudl really find a good amount of people to amybe team up and do some stuff multiplayer).

anyway, i tried the bloodshed tree out last night and To say the least I was disappointed. it didn't work as well as I had envisioned but then again, I went back to my kunai and bore and discovered that I may have been a tiny bit out of my depth there and need to level more...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

So I just beat The Warrior for the first time on playthrough 1. He mercilessly slaughtered me three times until I found a really, really cheap way to beat him that resembles these last few posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

29. - Top - End - #689
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another way to beat the warrior that doesn't involve dying first so you can stand back at the entrance is to run off to the right (the left might work) and go all the way down to the area with some digistruct ammo crates, a tire pile and a scaffolding. Standing on the tires or scaffolding will protect you from rising lava, though the volcanic crystalisks and raaks can still get you.

If you're playing Gaige, Deathtrap can take care of any raaks that try to divebomb you. I only had trouble with two Crystalisks last night on my third defeat of the Warrior (the second with Gaige and my first on TVHM), and neither survived my Gentleman's Pimpernel & Deathtrap very long.

The Warrior finally dropped a legendary shield for me: The Impaler (Vlad would be proud). Previously, the Warrior had not dropped anything Legendary. I think in my 3 playthroughs, it marked only my 6th or 7th Legendary item and that counts the couple I purchased from vending machines (like the Vladof Fire Bee grenade....best grenade ever against flammable opponents).
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So, looking at some Borderlands 2 info last night, and according to interviews I learned two things:

That we'll apparently see another DLC before the end of the world (so about a week now),

And that there will eventually be a sixth playable character,

I couldn't find information as to any specific details. Anyone else find anything out? Speculation?