New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    *Any proposal I make that involves the words 'ascension sequence' is banned with no further questions.
    **If I even mention psionic reformation again, I will be forced to play a core fighter.
    ***Said core fighter is not allowed to hire spellcasters, psioniscists, truenamers, incarnists, or anything that waves their hands around and makes stuff hppen.
    Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Darthteej View Post
    **If I even mention psionic reformation again, I will be forced to play a core fighter.
    ***Said core fighter is not allowed to hire spellcasters, psioniscists, truenamers, incarnists, or anything that waves their hands around and makes stuff hppen.
    ****I am then not to complain when the only thing that fighter fights with are Wizards
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

3. - Top - End - #693
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    ****I am then not to complain when the only thing that fighter fights with are Wizards
    *****Unless the DM laughs maliciously as he throws wave after wave of caster.
    ******In this case, I may employ whatever trickery is necessary to make the DM cry.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    *****Unless the DM laughs maliciously as he throws wave after wave of caster.
    ******In this case, I may employ whatever trickery is necessary to make the DM cry.
    *******I may no longer use onions, IC or OOC.
    A few odds and ends.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    *******I may no longer use onions, IC or OOC.
    n+1* Wasabi peas are also right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darthteej View Post
    My favorite psionic power ever. The party always loves having my psions around. *poke* Rebuild. *poke* Rebuild. *poke* Rebuild.
    Member of the Belkar Fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeWizard View Post
    Jade Phoenix Mages have the coolest capstone ability ever. They explode. Low on health? explode. Surrounded? expolde. Outsiders? explode. Explode? explode. Come back a few rounds later with all your hp.

R.I.P. Gary Gygax

7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Rule #16 of the modern day paladin: Hijacking planes is an aggressively not-good act. Hijacking just to joy-ride will cause me to promptly fall in both senses of the word.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

**Counter Hijacking the Plane is ok
    ***But only so long as you land the thing, and not surf it into the nearest building
    ****No, you dont have a Grappling Hook and Stunt Parachute
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

*75% miss chances at first level are considered to be in bad taste
    **Especially when you're not a wizard
    Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdance View Post
    *Rule #16 of the modern day paladin: Hijacking planes is an aggressively not-good act. Hijacking just to joy-ride will cause me to promptly fall in both senses of the word.
    *Not to let my players hijack the elemental plane of fire.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

11. - Top - End - #701
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

*perform (grindcore) is not valid
    **neither is perform (death metal)
    ***roleplaying the vocals just because i can is not good roleplaying. that's showing off
    *banned forever from having a singing sword.
    **especially if it sings death metal
    ***calling it corpsegrinder is out
    ****just because it's 3lbs of screaming steel does not make it the most metal thing ever
    *not matter how hilarious, a goth/black metal gnome bard/druid based on black metal band Immortal will be banned from campaigns against evil
    *half-gnoll bard? bad idea
    (not tested, just asked the dm, spoilsport he is)
    *banjoleles, sitars, banjos, electric guitars, double bass, cellos, trombones, tubas, and grand pianos are now banned instruments for any bard
    **if it doesn't fit in a breadbox, it's not a judicious choice for a roving bard
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

As Dm

*not to take a group that likes to play spellcasters and suggest, "ok how about a no magic campaign"

*may not deploy more than eight anti magic spheres in a given room
    **May not invent the anti-magic elipsoid or anti-magic cube to get around this

*may not set games in a fictional counterpart of the French and Indian War (Seven Years War for those in Europe)
    **If so I may not make major characters that have the exact same name as their real world counterparts just because I am bad at naming and I am reasonably certain that nobody will pick up on it.
    ***I definitly cannot then have this lead to a fictional verson of the American revolution.
    ****At this point if I insist on making Fictional counterparts to real world characters the list that I use should not look like this.
    (Contains their in game role according to TVtropes)
    -Colonel Tarlton (Dragon) In game name Colonel Arlton
    -General William Howe (BBEG) in game name General Howard Wiliamson
    -Daniel Morgan (Hero from another story) in game name Colonel Morgan Danielson
    -Nathaniel Green (Da Chief) In game name Nathan Red
    -Thomas Jefferson (The Commisoner) In game name Jeffery Thomson
    (note this is a campaign that I am currently running)
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eulmanis12 View Post
    ...stuff...
    ***I definitly cannot then have this lead to a fictional verson of the American revolution.
    ...other stuff...
    Was this by your doing, or did your players choose to start the reolution on their own without prompting?

*May not attempt to pin everything wrong in the world on Elves.
    **Even if it is occasionally right.
    ***Trying to convince every nation that is not elven to wipe out the elves as a means of making the world a better place is right out.
    ****Even if it is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*As a DM, I am no longer allowed to be lazy by having an encounter where the PC's fight each other, then just sitting back and watching the carnage.

I did this last night. Online pathfinder game (Roll20), one PC (Ratfolk Gunslinger), backed up by two NPC's (a pair of Rapier-wielding Ratfolk Rogues who used swarmfighting for auto-flank), was hired under false pretenses to assassinate the other PC's (Classic "Wacky Misunderstanding/Bad Guy Deception" story).

It was all fun and games until the Witch Doctor summoned a giant monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #705
    Halfling in the Playground

* I may not play a Warforged Bard
    ** If I do, I may not play "Iron Man" for bardic music
    *** Or ever, for that matter
    **** No, I may not invent dubstep
    ***** "Bass Cannons" are right out
    Awesome Lizardfolk Shaman Avatar by KillItWithFire

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Mine began with one character actively seeking out the other characters in a large town.

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Reaver- Please PEACH

16. - Top - End - #706
    Dwarf in the Playground

* May not be a 1ft tall pixie with a 20ft reach as a at will MBA that targets 2 things in 4th
    ** Said pixie cannot be a sadistic blackgaurd with a naked goblin as a mount
    *** That same pixie may not kill mount because it was a rp session and I havent killed anything yet
    **** May not play said character in a evil drow campain
    ***** May not be the most effective striker in a party of 9 with a highest stat of 16
    ****** May not be a pixie slave in a evil drow campain where I have more worth in drow society than any other pc

******* May not play pixies in any edition

******** As DM in 3.5 may not have pixies as npcs
    ********* I have a pixie stalking the party right now

17. - Top - End - #707

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank
    *May not attempt to pin everything wrong in the world on Elves.
    **Even if it is occasionally right.
    ***Trying to convince every nation that is not elven to wipe out the elves as a means of making the world a better place is right out.
    ****Even if it is true.
    now that's just not fair! why ban it when it's true?

completely unrelated, but:
    *not allowed to chew the half-elf when i'm hungry
    **especially since i've got prepared "heroic banquet" (the whole deal with the bonuses, the chairs, the maitres d', the fine silver, the antique furniture...)
    ***if i cast that spell, i do too have to feed the half-elf
    ****not allowed to bean the half-elf with an antique ottoman, either

*not allowed to distract the ghouls with heroic banquet.
    **no dropping heroic banquet from a great height on the huge mob of critters
    ***antique furniture does not count as "improvised artillery"
    ****gourmet rations are not "anathema to undead"
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eulmanis12 View Post
    As Dm

*not to take a group that likes to play spellcasters and suggest, "ok how about a no magic campaign"

*may not deploy more than eight anti magic spheres in a given room
    **May not invent the anti-magic elipsoid or anti-magic cube to get around this

*may not set games in a fictional counterpart of the French and Indian War (Seven Years War for those in Europe)
    **If so I may not make major characters that have the exact same name as their real world counterparts just because I am bad at naming and I am reasonably certain that nobody will pick up on it.
    ****At this point if I insist on making Fictional counterparts to real world characters the list that I use should not look like this.
    (Contains their in game role according to TVtropes)
    -Colonel Tarlton (Dragon) In game name Colonel Arlton
    -General William Howe (BBEG) in game name General Howard Wiliamson
    -Daniel Morgan (Hero from another story) in game name Colonel Morgan Danielson
    -Nathaniel Green (Da Chief) In game name Nathan Red
    -Thomas Jefferson (The Commisoner) In game name Jeffery Thomson
    (note this is a campaign that I am currently running)
    *Not to ruin a campaign by looking up the historical events it was based on and then using that to predict the plot.

******** As DM in 3.5 may not have pixies as npcs
    ********* I have a pixie stalking the party right now
    *May not invent the buggzapper.
    *No such thing as a cold-iron flyswatter.
    * weedwakers do not have a bonus aginst fey.
    *cannot be a ranger with favored enemy: (pixes and other fey too I guess) and name him the exterminator.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, some things I remembered from last session:
    The party scout:
    *May no longer announce our presence to the enemy
    **Especially when the party could have easily ambushed them
    ***May not suggest a ridiculous course of action based on wrong ideas he came up with himself.

The party cleric:
    *May not attempt to melee the enemy without a melee weapon
    **May not refuse to heal the party, as he is indirectly responsible for much of the damage we took
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #710

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle
    *cannot be a ranger with favored enemy: (pixes and other fey too I guess) and name him the exterminator.
    that can totally fly in pathfinder! (see what i did there?) although having that favored enemy might see you getting your wings clipped quite fast.

*banned hadoken searing light. reason? pulling a durkon in a big forest... and on the half-elf... and the ranger's pet... and the ranger...
    **if i wig out on a tree again, i'd better damn well remember to control the ensuing forest fire
    ***no, smoky the bear won't take care of it
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

21. - Top - End - #711

Since only half of my party has even read OOTS I am not allowed to reference it at all. The DM gets it when I say "Well, Durkon would...". The rest of the party doesn't get it until its far too late.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

As a DM:

*Not allowed to have the Temple to a God of Metal be guarded by four blind bards.

Props to those who get the reference.

23. - Top - End - #713

As a DM:

I am not allowed gleefully to chant: "TPK, TPK, TPK" to the tune of the Smash Bros character chants: such as "Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!"

I am not allowed mournfully chant: "TPK, TPK, TPK"

I am not allowed to chant: "TPK" any form

I am not allowed to chant.

I am not allowed to mention "TPK", much less insinuate that that the whole party is going to die.

Unless they do.
    "If I've learned anything, it's to fear nothing."

Plays in Noble Trouble

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

A quick google search reveals it's H.P. Lovecraft's blind Idiot God

*I may not google obscure references I don't understand anymore. I will have to wait for someone answering or ask the person in question.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

25. - Top - End - #715

DruidGuy

* I may not incorporate quick time events in my game.
    ** Especially if they include dodging objects I suddendly throw.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

***I may not subsequently make my players say "I Press X" by implying they need to "Press X to not die".
    ****rolling for saves is not like "Pressing X to not die"
    *****by now even Zero Punctuation is off limits when preparing for a DnD Session
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

27. - Top - End - #717

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    ***I may not subsequently make my players say "I Press X" by implying they need to "Press X to not die".
    ****rolling for saves is not like "Pressing X to not die"
    *****by now even Zero Punctuation is off limits when preparing for a DnD Session
    wait, that's really not how it works? i so don't understand pen and paper anymore
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    wait, that's really not how it works? i so don't understand pen and paper anymore
    no, saves are moments of chance telling you whether you succeed or fail in overcoming hardship. it is not a cutscene
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

29. - Top - End - #719
    Spamalot in the Playground

• When the team puts together a valid plan to extract a VIP from a corporation, we are no longer allowed to change the plan without telling the party shaman first. She get's "moody".
    • Even if it means we later get to see the shaman try to run in a business skirt and high heels during a gun fight.
    • No longer allowed to knit a "tea cozy" to disguise a live grenade.
    • An Ork build averaging a 12P attack per bullet (AFTER the target rolled his soak check) with a sniper rifle is not considered the party negotiator.
    • Not allowed to use a Bruce Willis movie to prove the above as plausable.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

30. - Top - End - #720
    Orc in the Playground

* Stinking Clouds are not flammable. I should not attempt to set one on fire.
    Awesome avatar by I♥P&P!