New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Promo:

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, turns out RD isn't the only one capable of leaving 'signature' trail behind her, and the competing pony has 20% cooler one

Hmm, maybe my pet theory I posted here some time ago about trails being just 'bleed' from excess flight magic and every pony being capable of doing x-boom (only smokeboom, thunderboom, depending on mark) if competent enough will be validated
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hub Promo thing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or do their voices sound... different...

EDIT:
    *watches again*
    They sound a little lower... I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They tend to dub over the scenes for these promos.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    They tend to dub over the scenes for these promos.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope that's all it is. The MLP trailers/promos I've watched in the past were never noticeably off. Or maybe I'm just taking this too seriously now.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-10-27 at 10:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope that's all it is. The MLP trailers/promos I've watched in the past were never noticeably off. Or maybe I'm just taking this too seriously now.
    promo
    Spoiler
    Show
    They might have recorded in a different location, or remastered it differently as well. It's still clearly the same people, but it's hard to be perfectly consistent over several years.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you don't think this is awesome, prepare to die via orbital airship bombardment.

Here's the link.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    If you don't think this is awesome, prepare to die via orbital airship bombardment.

Here's the link.
    Codex Astrates call this Maneuver, STEEL REHN.
    Seriously no, I prefer the drop pod to be loaded with space marines with "Problems".
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Is it like this game here or based off a different engine?
    Na, I found it, Pony Chronicles
    Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1sMS3J_OQ

Oh god Pinkie actually hops during combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Not sure if it was posted before, but sort of interesting anime/MLP animation style mix...?

That ending.
    Have some Magica Fluttershy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcU-5-nBZhs
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-27 at 12:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    I didn't participate, I see. How totally in character for me. ^_^
    If you signed up, I must have missed your post, as I explicitly only used posters who said they were cool with it (as I rather expected the mass killing).

But glad that's in keeping with your character. I'm sure he was watching in amusement while Thanqol was shot, burnt, and disemboweled repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Well, at least I went out in a blaze of glory. *sniffs* So proud.
    You had the great benefit of being last on my list, meaning you were named last and thus had the highest percentage of survival.

And now, the Powerpuff Girls Cutie Mark Crusader intro theme and animation, in case anypony was unclear on that connection.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

9. - Top - End - #879

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    If you signed up, I must have missed your post, as I explicitly only used posters who said they were cool with it (as I rather expected the mass killing).

But glad that's in keeping with your character. I'm sure he was watching in amusement while Thanqol was shot, burnt, and disemboweled repeatedly.
    I was probably the Big Sky's copilot then. And I did ask, back on page... 13, I think. Right after you had several full squad wipes. You did acknowledge, but must've forgotten. I don't mind, I'm more of a "watch and learn" person anyway. ^_^

I'll just wait for whenever you decide to try the same thing on Impossible. :P
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

For those of you who don't follow Slice of Life, I think this latest comic has shown one of my favorite versions of grown-up Snails ever:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-27 at 02:43 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    I was probably the Big Sky's copilot then. And I did ask, back on page... 13, I think. Right after you had several full squad wipes. You did acknowledge, but must've forgotten. I don't mind, I'm more of a "watch and learn" person anyway. ^_^

I'll just wait for whenever you decide to try the same thing on Impossible. :P
    Drat, that means I must have written it down somewhere else and then forgotten. That will be amusing when I find your name written on a random note or something in a few months.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    So I'm going to be at PAX 2013 in Melbourne. Booked up and everything.

If any of you chumps are man enough to come to always sunny australia then hit me up for some kind of meetup/room lodging/supernatural mind meld. If I get enough people in one room I'll run a session of Diamonds and Guns.
    Sounds awesome, but I think it's unlikely that I'll go. What's Diamonds and Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    EDIT:

So the Hub gave EqD a promo.

Nice to know they do still care.

(Non-spoiler detail this confirms we will be getting a two-part premiere. A whole hour of glorious fresh pony)
    Niiiiice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is SO on!

That pegasus flying with Dash had a pretty cool speed trail. Green with a lightning bolt through it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For those of you who don't follow Slice of Life, I think this latest comic has shown one of my favorite versions of grown-up Snails ever:

Spoiler
    Show
    I love this comic! Which is why I'm confused that I wasn't following it already. That has been fixed.

Random pictures:
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

You had the great benefit of being last on my list, meaning you were named last and thus had the highest percentage of survival.
    So, basically, the secret to success is to wait until the aliens have used up all their ammo on the Thanqol brigade!

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hm... I didn't miss as many posts relevant to my thinking as I thought I would have.

Spoiled for Angst.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    unfortunately the answer is yes..do nothing(unless its a situation where you are visiting and he gets violent RIGHT THEN)
    as sad as it is you cannot help her until and unless she wants to be helped

she may genuinely love this guy(i would assume so anyway since she is still with him) and if you call in the authorities and get him sent where he deserves she may not react well..and if she finds out it was because of you you may lose her as a friend for years or forever

it may sound trite but just let her know she can talk to you about anything and you are ready to help if SHE decides to get out of the relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really not sure that a forum on the internet is the best place to get advice on this subject. Neither am I sure if providing it here is Ok or constitutes legal advice.

But if there is a child is involved, there is to my mind only one question. Do you believe the child could be at risk?

I'm not really sure about the above, and don't really know what to say. I'm going to leave it at that and comment no further.
    I know, I know... I hate it so ****ing much... I'm just trying to vent out my own inner hatred. Is it wrong that I wish I was still ignorant as I was when I was a child? At least then, I wouldn't struggle with knowing how weak and useless I really am when I could actually be doing something but still can't because of feelings. I wouldn't be guilty of idly standing by while such an evil that I know of and that I could physically stop goes unabated because of the stupidest of reasons...

And for the record:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I do think the child might be at risk. The mom only just recently got lucky enough to get a job in this economy, and is still trying to go to College, so she is still dependent on any and every source of income possible. And relying on someone -who has punched holes in the walls of your house out of jealousy- for income, amoung enough faults to make me seem like a balanced person, does not seem remotely not legit.

I guess this isn't the place to really talk about it, especially if it's better I not actually do anything about it, but it just tears me up, both what's going on and that I -could- be doing something about it but I'm not. I'm 21, and I'm still practically a child, hardly capable of fending for myself, let alone anyone else in the world I might care for. What kind of man, husband, father might I be if I can't do anything now for a friend?

And spoiled for a slightly dated discussion over non-pony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Oh, that.

Essentially, the reason is "language doesn't work that way". I have somewhat less expertise here than on the other subject, but... have you ever read Shakespeare, and had trouble figuring out what was being said? Did you know Shakespeare wrote only about four hundred years ago, and used what is considered to be the same form of English that we use (i.e., not Old English)? Now realize that Latin had its heyday more like two thousand years ago, and you'll get some sense of how different it would've become - did become, in fact, in different areas of the Empire. Italy speaks it one way, France another, Spain another, and so on.

Geography also played a role. The Romans did have some presence in the British Isles, but I don't think it was anything like as much as they had on most of the Continent. The distance, combined with a couple of later invasions by the... Angles? Jutes? I don't remember who's who off the top of my head except for the Normans, and I know they were later. Anyway, Germanic peoples invaded after the Romans stopped being a world superpower, and brought their own language, overriding whatever foothold Latin had managed to get.

And that's how Pinkie got her cutie mark.
    .... so, the Rainboom and Pinkie's Party was how we got half the languages we do born from Latin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also, English has a long-term habit of following other languages down a dark alley, beating them over the head with a stick and stealing their words. While whether or not English has the largest vocabulary or not is a difficult question to answer (what constitutes a word, what about agglutinative languages etc etc), it has probably nicked more words than most or all of the others...

(Though I think Japan also nicks a lot of English words too - partly because there appears to be charmingly a school of thought there that including English words is cool or something when stuck into songs, especially in anime and stuff.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Umm thanks.

But really has more to do with my spending way to much time on wikipedia over the years. And having historical tastes even back in high-school

I dare say you are overestimating the reach of Latin. While the Roman Empire had a ginormous effect on Western civilization its was never a homogenus society. Rome was quite content to let people carry on much of their own ways so long as they acknowledged who was the ulitmate boss and paid proper tribute etc.

The example I know best off hand is that the original New Testament portions of the Bible were written in Greek, which was in wider use then Latin in the eastern portions of the Roman Empire, and that Hellenic culture by some measures outlived Rome. Also the spoken language of Palestine region at the time would have been a tongue called Aramaic. Along with Greek more broadly.

The next thing to remember is that literacy/education was for most of human history much less common. Consider if you'd never been taught even as badly as you may remember it the proper way to say anything. And never met a grammar nazi to harp on how ya aint suppused ta yak like dat. Now add that up for a couple dozen generations, also considering that only a limited segment of the population traveled. This is why Latin which was only kept up as a scholarly/liturgical language is no longer spoken, its spoken form evolved a lot more and became the Romance languages of today. Which eventually began to get written down in their own right.

America is highly unique in history and the world for covering a vast area, of high population, and a single language. We don't even have dialects, go to Spain where Madrid and Barcelona use different forms of Spanish. I understand in some places dialects can leave people speaking the "same language" unable to understand one another. Even England manages to have a lot more variation then America considering its tiny comparative area.

Most people in history if they needed to interact would simply learn another language, often one that arose out of trade. The term lingua franca for example is an interesting case of referring to a tongue that was 80% Italian based around those city states dominating Mediterranean trade in the late Medieval and Renaissance periods. Nothing to do with French though that later became a lingua franca.

Today I can tell you from personal experience you can go all over the Med and use English just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    Another thing to consider is the difference between Classical Latin (Latin as it was taught in school) and Vulgar Latin (Latin as spoken by ordinary people).

Over time, with the loss of communication between the different parts of empire and the introduction of loan words from the various barbarian tribes that migrated in different parts of Europe, these different dialects of Latin eventually mutated into the Romance Languages .

This distinction comes into play in more places than just Latin. Soras mentions the New Testament being written in Greek. In point of fact, the Greek of the NT is not classical Greek but is instead Koine Greek , which is the Greek you get when people who don't speak it as a first language write it for other people who also don't speak it as a first language. In other words, the New Testament is written in the first-century equivalent of Engrish .

So it isn't just English that follows other languages down dark alleys and beats them senseless. Languages are dynamic, changing things which are modified as circumstances and people change. Ordinary language in the mouths of ordinary people changes all the time, and it usually takes about 50 years for the Oxford English Dictionary to cave in and admit that it's not just vulgar slang. It's almost like clothing fashions. First the cool kids do it, then it spreads to everyone. Finally when your dad uses the word it's time to invent a new one, because if your father can use the word without difficulty this is a clear indication that all coolness is now lost.

So I think that even if we HAD stuck with Latin, the "latin" we would be speaking now would have little in common with the Latin of Cicero. It will either be changed out of all recognition to accommodate new realities and new concepts or we'll find another language that's suited to practical use.

In fact, if there are any French or Spanish speakers here the case could be made that they ARE speaking Latin -- that is, vulgar latin that has been evolving for hundreds of years into something distinct from that spoken in the Senate of Rome. And the new language would be more valid. Ciceronian language would be of greatest utility in Cicero's time, not in ours.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

This has been another pretty enlightening discussion brought by Ponythread. Thank you very much for the read!
    So instead, here's a pony that was a car that is a pony and is now a pony that is not a car but was a pony that is a car. Questions?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. What?
    And the terrifying true face of Jack the Ripper (Mostly not a pony)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reminds me of the horse from family guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Rainbows and Thunder are Pegasi Nitrous...
    For some reason, I thought you said Nutricious... and I was like "Pegasi eat Rainbows and Thunder? That's... actually pretty epic."

I was also like "Rainbows and Thunder are Pegasi Nutricious? Reminds me of a Breakfest Cereal. Or maybe a random phrase."
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Mmm, more like a scramjet. Once you get up to speed, the reaction continues.
    Once you pop, the fun don't stop?

OH SHE SO PRINGLES, WHERE'S HER CURLEH MUSTACHE!
    Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Um- I already did Miko fallen and not...
    But basically, You think I am over thinking it? I have a tendency to do that at times...
    I see them. Something about the entire color changing when fallen seemed... odd. But it's still better than I can do, so unless I succumb to my closet brony and try to ponyfy characters myself, an art-critic I have no right to be.

That said, you probably are overthinking it. Do what you like! Though, didn't most of the Sapphire Guard use Katanas? It could be the symbol for all of them...
    Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Personally, I think you should go with something to represent his obscene amount of willpower. Maybe a Green Lantern ring?
    Or a picture of freaking Liam Neeson.... who I -just- made the realisation is freaking Qui-Gon Jinn. Holy crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    My headcanon is that Nightmare Moon was able to monitor Equestria from the moon. That's how she new exactly where to go in Ponyville as well how to speak normally.
    Alternatively, she could sense her sister, and Luna was just being strange out of shyness, which is why she spoke a bit more normal in the season finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    This also ties in well with my headcanon that Luna doesn't have her memories of being Nightmare Moon as she struggles with modern language and social standards while Nightmare Moon spoke normally and didn't use the ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE.
    Didn't seem to have much of an issue assuming the Nightmare Moon super form... and would make playable Luna using Nightmare for her Level 3 slightly odd... though that's just a wish for the game for now. Mane6 needs another tournament! ;.;

This is my new favorite rendition of a "Bass Cannon":
    Spoiler
    Show

Could probably hit a ship in orbit with Wubs that big...

However, I have only begun to... (wait for it)... Scratch the surface!
    Spoiler
    Show

.... I think I have a official favorite non-mane pony.

I know isn't it? :D
    I used to like candy corn... up until candy corn started hating my pancreas.
    Somewhere along the line, they just stoped tasting good...

Brilliant.
    What? .... how did I miss that? How did I miss that? How-how-ho-how did I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Not sure if it was posted before, but sort of interesting anime/MLP animation style mix...?

That ending.
    David, you will one day learn to not walk into traps.

Though this incredible grade artwork needs to continue! Maybe over a slightly different anime...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    You know, someday I want to see someone combine the bass cannon with its pun, and have Vinyl using a gun full of fish.
    YOU OWE ME A NEW OMLETTE! AND SOME COMPUTER CLEANING PADS! AND MAYBE A NEW NOSE! YOU MADE EGGS, BACON, TOMATOES AND ONIONS COME OUT OF MY NOSE!

Hmm, Lothar Hex has this theory about My Little Pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    See, I was like that for a while. I'm still trying to figure out when I went from being a type 3 to type 5 fan, actually...

Kinda wondering why this hasn't been posted yet. Unless I missed it I guess I'm the only one who reads Exterminatus Now
    I used to read it, but then I stoped for some reason, I think when I finally got caught up and it stoped updating for a bit. Thanks for refinding it for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius Kane View Post
    Doubt it. There might be a Unicorn and Pegasus Model (Mythical Zoan Types), but you can't have two Devil Fruit powers, unfortunately.
    They could be their own types of fruits... but the names would be lame... Pony-Pony gets a pass, but Uni-Uni, Pega-Pega, and Ali-Ali?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post

Here's the link.
    First of all, better be ready to make light speed out of the bombing zone if you try that **** with me, otherwise I'll have a few choice Saiyan words for you.

And second of all, I can't seem to get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

.... I swear that's not a purposeful Derpy reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Have some Magica Fluttershy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcU-5-nBZhs
    Fluttershy, why you so adorable?

.... um ..... might you be accepting new recruits? I don't particularly mind dying.... and it might be fun....

And now, the Powerpuff Girls Cutie Mark Crusader intro theme and animation, in case anypony was unclear on that connection.
    I normally look a bit down on things put together like that. Reminds me of the newspaper cut out threat notes.... but it gets a pass just because PPGs are so freaking awesome, and they did the parallels pretty good.

In other news... OH MY GOD I CONVERTED SOMEONE ELSE INTO THE HERD MIND!

A few weeks ago, I was checking out you guys from my cellphone while I was on break at work. Another employee ninja' behind me, and saw that I was apparently looking up ponies. I grabbed him by his throat, lifted him out of his shoes, and threatened him not to breathe a word, or that I'd snap his neck. After a bit of convincing, he agreed not to say anything. I told him I didn't want to be bothered by a group of people I have to encounter for 40 hours a week over a kids show, even if (at the time) I was just trying it out. He told me that he thought it was stupid girly crap, and I told him that he was wrong. It's certainly colored that way at first, but the characters ar written with an amazing amount of depth for a cartoon, and it's genuinely entertaining, rather than concentrated appeal to stimuli, and atleast worth a real watch before you diss it. Come yesterday, he told me that if I'm willing to give an okay to a series, it's gotta be worth something, and he felt like trying to give it a shot!

To make things worse for the shriviling, immature part of my psyche that considers itself "Macho" and is still against all of this for the dumbest of reasons, he told me about the episode he watched, involving a "red-neck" pony and a "really-super-girly" horse worrying about her hair, the two of them arguing in the rain. And the afforementioned part of me is ashamed that not only did I know (and corrected him) on which two characters he meant, but knew the episode and scene in question my first attempt! I made room in my head for memorisation of the show!

I know I've been a carrier for a while, but it's in the advanced stages, and I didn't even realise it! And I infected someone else with it!

Ah well. The worst thing about it is that so many of you, especially Soras, you smug snake, called it. Though I was doing good for a while, at least until Youtube betrayed me, suggesting a remix of Fluttershy's So Many Wonders onto my recommended videos, and I made the startling realisation as to who the best pony is. ..... wait, you guys took over Youtube, too? Dang, ya'll get around!

Dash Academy 14 as further evidence for the "Why are Ponies Randomly Naked/Not Naked in Equestria" confusion I had earlier, which I don't think ever really got cleared up.

Also, I remember when I first came here, I face-faulted upon hearing the idea of Rainbowdash and Fluttershy being in a relationship. I've been meaning to ask, but other than like 1 gag and the Hurricane situation, I never really saw it myself. I suppose most shipping usually falls under my radar, though... even though I still giggle at the fact that they got a freaking Viagra reference out in public.

And lastly, just for the sake of the gamer in me, anyone want to share theories on characters for Fighting is Magic with me?

Pllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssse?

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Hm... I didn't miss as many posts relevant to my thinking as I thought I would have.

Spoiled for Angst.
    Spoiler
    Show

I know, I know... I hate it so ****ing much... I'm just trying to vent out my own inner hatred. Is it wrong that I wish I was still ignorant as I was when I was a child? At least then, I wouldn't struggle with knowing how weak and useless I really am when I could actually be doing something but still can't because of feelings. I wouldn't be guilty of idly standing by while such an evil that I know of and that I could physically stop goes unabated because of the stupidest of reasons...

And for the record:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I do think the child might be at risk. The mom only just recently got lucky enough to get a job in this economy, and is still trying to go to College, so she is still dependent on any and every source of income possible. And relying on someone -who has punched holes in the walls of your house out of jealousy- for income, amoung enough faults to make me seem like a balanced person, does not seem remotely not legit.

I guess this isn't the place to really talk about it, especially if it's better I not actually do anything about it, but it just tears me up, both what's going on and that I -could- be doing something about it but I'm not. I'm 21, and I'm still practically a child, hardly capable of fending for myself, let alone anyone else in the world I might care for. What kind of man, husband, father might I be if I can't do anything now for a friend?
    I didn't wade into this one before, but two principles to keep in mind, and they're related.
    1. Do what you think is right. If you don't and things don't turn out well, you'll always know that you could have done something different.
    2. Do no harm. Whatever you choose, do not make people worse off than they were before you got involved.

That's my two bits on the issue.

.... um ..... might you be accepting new recruits? I don't particularly mind dying.... and it might be fun....
    Nope, too late. The game is over, I finished it, Blastech saved the planet. It's detailed in a lengthy but spoiled writeup a page back, along with a Derpy emote.

I grabbed him by his throat, lifted him out of his shoes, and threatened him not to breathe a word, or that I'd snap his neck.
    Hopefully you're exaggerating, not a big fan of physical intimidation myself.

but knew the episode and scene in question my first attempt! I made room in my head for memorisation of the show!
    It's hardly intentional. Ponies are very distinct and it's pretty easy to remember them. Consider remembering the faces of 10 regular people who all have the same color hair and eyes and compare that to how different everypony looks in My Little Pony and it shouldn't be surprising that it's in your head.

And lastly, just for the sake of the gamer in me, anyone want to share theories on characters for Fighting is Magic with me?

Pllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssse?
    I've converted to AJ being overpowered. In a game about combos based off landing just one or two hits through someone's guard, having a character specifically designed to have more hp than everypony else just seems inherently broken to me. I'm worried that they'll either nerf her into the ground or she'll still end up as the best character no matter what they do.

Twilight and Rarity, I think, are not being used to their full potential. I think a 1/10th second shave off the animations on their projectiles could do a lot for both characters by allowing them to zone more safely. Even as they are now, I'd like to see much more fireballing/gem firing. There's legitimately no reason why a Twilight or Rarity player should ever be jumping in recklessly as they're the two characters that can really force the opponent to come to them.

Pinkie I don't get at all. I think she's just bad at the moment because her randomness isn't actually good enough to get anypony that knows the game. If it were possible to speed up her teleports so that she went from random but bad to random but overwhelms the opponent's reaction time, then she could be amazing.

Rainbow actually seems great to me.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid Skeleton! Uhhhhggg! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...ykon-325366154
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...loak-325351301 Redcloak
    MITD-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/M...fied-325332744
    and The one and only Belkar Bitterleaf! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...-WAR-325000257
    Haley-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/H...fied-324734385
    Elan-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Elan-324688093
    +-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/E...ddle-324748159
    And now V. But I'm not super happy with this one. Not androgynous enough.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...vius-324948639 Aaaand Roy's turn http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...-Roy-324959487
    Durkon- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...rkon-324984292
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/Group-Shot-325193295 They be all together!
    Nale:http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Nale-325503348
    Sabine- (That mane... never again) http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...bine-325531589
    Thog. http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Thog-326115038
    Zz'dtri-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...dtri-326283734
    The Oracle of Sunken Valley-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...acle-326500495
    2nd group shot of the order http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/G...ot-2-326751190
    Tsukiko Ponifed- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...kiko-327612112
    Ponifed Celia- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...elia-327832857
    CeliaXRoy Cuddle-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/C...ddle-327849281
    ponified Eugene Greenhilt-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...hilt-329026439
    Miko Miyazaki
    Normal-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Miko-334024578
    And Fallen-http://sta.sh/01uj2wl0de14

(Find the rest through here)

I just went with his sword.
    O'Chul- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Chul-334640167
    Last edited by asdflove; 2012-10-27 at 08:00 PM.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Take the IMDB pony quiz http://www.imdb.com/games/guess/tt1751105

No idea how someone got 900 points. I missed one, had to cheat on another.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

long time no see, pony peoples
    can i get a mlp news update? i dont have the time or energy to dredge through eqd
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    long time no see, pony peoples
    can i get a mlp news update? i dont have the time or energy to dredge through eqd
    Not much other than November 10 (once week after Equestria L.A.). And, a bunch of episode names get spoilered here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...2.80.932013.29

Wait, wait. Episodes 1 and 2 will air on the same day? Nice. I like that. I was expecting to have to wait a week, especially with the shortened season.

Though, I will say I know how those people feel that refuse to watch a show as it airs, and only watches the whole season when it's done. Waiting for a new episode sucks, especially when they skip weeks. So far, my two favorite shows that are currently airing have already skipped a week each this early into the season. Not to mention shows like Community and Archer that haven't even started yet.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-28 at 12:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings, fellow bronies. I come not to conquer, but to ask a question. I'm slowly learning how to draw ponies in Inkscape (my current avvie is my first attempt, with some help from a friend) and I suddenly thought, what about Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender) in Avatar State, as a pony! So um, the only problem is, the friend who helped me draw my first one (which is also my OC Pony) thinks that Aang should be a Pegasus, while I think he'd be an Earth Pony (which would be easier to draw too!).

Can anyone settle this?
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-28 at 01:39 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

New EFR interview uploaded. Claire Corlett, hosted of course as always by....

Michelle Creber?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPyJd71w52E

22. - Top - End - #892
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Sounds awesome, but I think it's unlikely that I'll go. What's Diamonds and Guns?
    A one-shot party game of Mage I run. You're four out-of-favour Syndicate agents stationed in Africa to complete an arms deal with a local warlord. Get the diamonds and get out of the country.

Things get incredibly out of hand as soon as players start finding things that are worth more than the diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Greetings, fellow bronies. I come not to conquer, but to ask a question. I'm slowly learning how to draw ponies in Inkscape (my current avvie is my first attempt, with some help from a friend) and I suddenly thought, what about Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender) in Avatar State, as a pony! So um, the only problem is, the friend who helped me draw my first one (which is also my OC Pony) thinks that Aang should be a Pegasus, while I think he'd be an Earth Pony (which would be easier to draw too!).

Can anyone settle this?
    Pegasus. Air. Pony.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

...what about Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender) in Avatar State, as a pony! So um, the only problem is, the friend who helped me draw my first one (which is also my OC Pony) thinks that Aang should be a Pegasus, while I think he'd be an Earth Pony (which would be easier to draw too!).

Can anyone settle this?
    Aang, as super-extra-special-awesome only-one-Avatar-exists Air (read Pegasus) Bender (read Unicorn), is one of the very very few characters who justifies full Alicorn status, especially in Avatar state.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-10-28 at 01:56 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

24. - Top - End - #894

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Aang, as super-extra-special-awesome only-one-Avatar-exists Air (read Pegasus) Bender (read Unicorn), is one of the very very few characters who justifies full Alicorn status, especially in Avatar state.
    Seconding this. He may be a pegasus normally, but even if he is, he should be an alicorn/pegacorn in Avatar state.
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------

25. - Top - End - #895
    Firbolg in the Playground

Can anyone settle this?
    '

I'll just go with what everyone else says; he is a pegasus normally, but is an alicorn in the avatar state. The whole one-of-a-kind mystical figure justifies it in this scenario.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Drat. Oh well, the horn part is easy. It's just the wings giving me trouble... Decided to take a break from doing it so I can catch up on a game.

But anyhow, since I kinda lack info at the moment, when's the next season coming out?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I'd agree with that, considering he shares something with all of the peoples of his world by using all four elements. Unfortunately, he won't have the shimmery, flowy mane.

To put out a different idea, what if he gained a new cutie mark each time he mastered an element?
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-10-28 at 04:25 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    I'd agree with that, considering he shares something with all of the peoples of his world by using all four elements. Unfortunately, he won't have the shimmery, flowy mane.
    Once he's in full-power Avatar state, I sort of suspect that he will. One made up of the four elements themselves. It won't physically be a part of him, but will manifest and light up along with the arrow marks.

To put out a different idea, what if he gained a new cutie mark each time he mastered an element?
    That could be interesting, although I have doubts. Maybe not new, cutie mark, but an extension of one he already has? I.e., his usual mark is the mark of the Avatar (whatever that actually is, or perhaps it's personalized), wreathed in white fog or cloud, signifying mastery of air. As he masters new elements, the cutie mark changes, adding waves, stones, and flames in a symmetric pattern, like a four-segment taijitu(whatever the actual word for that is).
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    ---------------------

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

My idea for the cutie mark was just something personal, so the air symbol.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

30. - Top - End - #900

Drat. Oh well, the horn part is easy. It's just the wings giving me trouble... Decided to take a break from doing it so I can catch up on a game.

But anyhow, since I kinda lack info at the moment, when's the next season coming out?
    Here's a hint: folded wings are much easier than spread.

Also, November 10.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!