New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, Mk. XLVII: A Flat World From Recycled Scrap

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    7) We will learn greg got his powers back, dex is fully healed and back together with his stripper girlfriend, everyone of age is pregnant with Luna's super special magic eggs, and doms leg grew back. Everyone lives happily ever after, except for snuggly who gets eaten by a destroyer or something.
    Fixed that for you.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    I'm claiming Dejah as best unironic character*. Sure, he may be a vehicle for crappy puns but he's also one of the only non-villainous or possessed characters to point out that Dominic associates himself with rapists and murders. Dominic's reaction to that cemented him as asshat supreme.

*There aren't many other canidates.
    Did that happen??? I honestly can't remember, the fact that this is a perfect example of the other phenomenon you just described is pure coincidence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cavelcade View Post
    Did that happen??? I honestly can't remember, the fact that this is a perfect example of the other phenomenon you just described is pure coincidence.
    It's a classic

Also, note that Dejah is explicitly referring to the peace of oblivion which really makes Dominion a much darker place than you'd think from all the puns
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2012-12-10 at 11:22 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

My god this comic is glorious. Also Slime is a mini-masutel now, I guess Mookie really really likes that design.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    I love everything about the fifth panel. Dominic doesn't have an answer so he just lashes out.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Calling it now, Luna insta-defeats the dragon by the end of next strip.
    Right, so TOE, Bomaz, Johnny Blade,
    Pay up.

If this were a Marvel/DC thread on any of those IPs, and someone called not only the character who would defeat the big monster out of the hero managerie, but also that they'd do it by the end of the next page, they'd be scoffed at. When proven right, there'd be an uproar.

But this is Dominic Deegan and we all knew it would happen.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

I did predict the beamspam though. I'm like Nostradamus.

Tomorrow's comic will be... Not good.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Wait a second, wait a second...We haven't seen it actually defeated yet. We'll have to see in Tommorow's strip if it's defeated, or if Luna just got the opening blow.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

Pay up.
    And I felt so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    I did predict the beamspam though. I'm like Nostradamus.

Tomorrow's comic will be... Not good.
    So, no Dejah tomorrow?

10. - Top - End - #910
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    And I felt so sure.

So, no Dejah tomorrow?
    The dragon will give the righteous pimp hand to luna the dragon princess, which will make dejah use a slime column to smash it into the ground. Accompanied by the catchy phrase of, "Its time for you to GOO, dragon!"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

You're contesting T-O-E's prediction, then?

I can only hope you're right, because that would be amazing.

12. - Top - End - #912

OldWizardGuy

It would be amazing if Zombie Dragon took on the whole lot of them with the ease one would expect from an ancient and powerful dragon, worshipped by some as a god, who was struck down by something from outside of space and time, then reanimated by the most powerful necromancer to ever live, directed by a Prophetic Mage-King, the most ruthless and able of the interplanar council of Magi.

But this is Dominic Deegan, and threats are exposed in comic A and resolved in comic B.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

Might've been a passable strip if Dave didn't spend an entire panel showing off how smart he is. One wonders who he's trying to impress.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bomaz View Post
    nope, someone possibly luna stays behind and fights it, due to the sheer amount of different groups being followed this means the defeat will take forever, not being completed until roughly the time of the final battle with the king.
    This may very well still come to pass

15. - Top - End - #915

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh boy! Get ready for ULTIMATE BEAM SPAM!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Pay up.
    Oh dear. What is that on your face?

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Dominic's line in the sixth panel should really be "remember your place, second caste".
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #918

Originally Posted by T-O-E
    I'm claiming Dejah as best unironic character*. Sure, he may be a vehicle for crappy puns but he's also one of the only non-villainous or possessed characters to point out that Dominic associates himself with rapists and murders. Dominic's reaction to that cemented him as asshat supreme.
    That strip was epic. It proved the Deegan hierarchy to the Universe, and that anyone who questions it will be squashed like slime. I couldn't have written a more laughable comic if I tried!

Originally Posted by T-O-E
    Not necessarily. While it is pretty much impossible at this point for Mookie to end the comic in a satisfactory way, he is perfectly capable of making the ending memorable. In fact, I hope that Dominic ends in the stupidest possible way. I want it to disappoint the most cynical and to baffle people in the future who are told about the ending*. It should be utterly atrocious, tunnelling far below his previous nadirs of Stonewater, Maltak and all that other stuff that I can't remember right now. I want the ending to forever title the comic as the worst written piece of media ever designed. I think it's certainly possible. I have faith.
    You have convinced me! The strip you mentioned earlier proves Mookie is up to the task.

19. - Top - End - #919

Go battlecasters go
    go go go

In my heart I fear that Miranda's going to throw up an incredible wonder-shield and this will give King Dave another chance to talk about how great the protagonists are, but imagine if they just completely caught Miranda offguard and knocked her out of the fight?
    She wouldn't have to die (she could, I won't rule it out), but to just knock the second-best piece off of the board, and show that sometimes the universe punishes arrogance... what could be more delightful?

Speaking of knocking the second-best piece off of the board, remember when the Infernomancer showed up, and stole Greg's magic, and left him a simpering muggle despite Greg's best efforts? That seems like a good and robust anti-wizard strategy and I want to know why the King didn't leverage that.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

This actually could be a pretty good artistic representation of character development, as it calls back a previous and comparable time when Luna had to go on - but now she's the one who stays back and looks like a monster!

See! Mookie has been planning this for years! And he obviously didn't steal people's magic anymore after that because

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921

I love how no one has yet explained what the Heart of the Dragon even is. It shows that Mookie is just throwing in cliches and thinks that they don't even need explaining, because they're cliches.

22. - Top - End - #922

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    Go battlecasters go
    go go go

In my heart I fear that Miranda's going to throw up an incredible wonder-shield and this will give King Dave another chance to talk about how great the protagonists are, but imagine if they just completely caught Miranda offguard and knocked her out of the fight?
    She wouldn't have to die (she could, I won't rule it out), but to just knock the second-best piece off of the board, and show that sometimes the universe punishes arrogance... what could be more delightful?

Speaking of knocking the second-best piece off of the board, remember when the Infernomancer showed up, and stole Greg's magic, and left him a simpering muggle despite Greg's best efforts? That seems like a good and robust anti-wizard strategy and I want to know why the King didn't leverage that.
    Because then dj would WIN. We cant have the bad guys win just because they have what looks to be an unbeatable move. On a related note, since dj is in love with bringing back everything he has ever beaten/corrupted. Who wants to bet someone gets blasted in the face with white fire? You know, something silly could be done like, TIM corrupts it into BLACK fire or other cliche type things. "Mwahaha! Now that I have that pansy ass gregs white fire in me, I cant be killed! I will just auto heal no matter what is done to me!"

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    I love how no one has yet explained what the Heart of the Dragon even is. It shows that Mookie is just throwing in cliches and thinks that they don't even need explaining, because they're cliches.
    It was explained pretty clearly in some of the comic's supplementary material: the movie Dragonheart.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

So I guess Luna's contribution to the final battle really is fighting a zombie lizard that had to give her all his superpowers so she could compete against him first.

Now Mookie just needs to have the battlecasters kill that snake woman. And for good measure maybe cut to Jayden sitting in a corner and being sad for a week.

EDIT: Also, Dejah in the fourth panel. He looks rather unimpressed. Doesn't he know how metal dragons are? For shame.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-12-11 at 02:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Splitting up the protagonist group one by one to fight named villains kind of manga style, probably would have worked better if Luna didn't just kick the dragon's behind in one punch.
    Also, not sure if it counts by using a power she just got from the same enemy.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure it does. It's like in Rurouni Kenshin, when Sanosuke had to fight Anji, who was the one who taught him the Futae no Kiwami.

See, it was done in a much better medium, so it must be good.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Luna sure has come a long way since she absorbed that dragon heart.

I should have posted this above as my closing line but I didn't think of it okay. :(

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Splitting up the protagonist group one by one to fight named villains kind of manga style, probably would have worked better if Luna didn't just kick the dragon's behind in one punch.
    Also, not sure if it counts by using a power she just got from the same enemy.
    It worked in the mega man cartoon.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Sneaky

Future

As expected, they are the diversion, no surprise here.

The surprise comes from the answer to why the secret entrance exists.
    Did anyone here manage to guess that answer, and say it as a serious possibility?

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Sneaky

Future

As expected, they are the diversion, no surprise here.

The surprise comes from the answer to why the secret entrance exists.
    Did anyone here manage to guess that answer, and say it as a serious possibility?
    Why does this feel like Mookie trying to explain things after reading our complaints. Making Stunt ask these questions makes it in your face obvious.