New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yeah, I considered that.
    Completely missing the point. I think I'd go insane or more likely vomit if I forced any more sugar on myself.
    Quite useful to remember what the human body can do without and what parts can be reattached or substituted, more so in certain lines of works or particular cases of self destructiveness (though it is not recommended).

Add some salt so it is a salty treat rather than a sugary one?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Nah, you'd have to squish them to do that. With most bugs, you'd just hit their chitin (for the ones that have it) or their exoskeleton. Or I've gotten my terms mixed up here (as the last time I took any sort of bio class was sophomore year in high school), and both of those mean the same thing (or something completely different entirely).
    Well, they're not EXACTLY the same thing. Chitin is the material that the exoskeleton is made out of.

ION: walked .25 miles to the barber. walked back. Did shop work and so was on my feet for 2.5 hours. Rested briefly, then rode the shuttle to anime club...and for some reason decided to walk back the 2 miles to my dorm. In dress shoes.

IRN: OW. MY FEET.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-01 at 10:41 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Colossus in the Playground

Nah, it actually got a lot better, I was just so busy I didn't tell y'all. I just woke up with a really bad sore throat and OD'd on candy today.

PHILISTINE!

Yeah, I'm doing it to cheer me up. For some reason, I really enjoy thinking about terrible permanent injures happening to me. And the music is just gorgeous.

Oh, gods, no, so much candy. Also, swallowing makes me want to die right now.
    Yes.
    Ah, that's good. You need to find some time to get online so we can talk about Halloween, I'm really curious how yours went (since I haven't done anything for Halloween in like, 3 years)

I don't even know what that word means.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

I assume you mean either Mozart or Lux Aeterna when you refer to "Requiem". >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Firbolg in the Playground

I probably spellrd it wrong

august I dont want to eat nutelleit be sweet

And I've tow tests tomorrow, and I think I'm dying of Illessness.

Et ma english is as bad asd Mutant's. :salltongue:

I feel bdad now for my speeling, but i also wann kepe it cause t emonstarates my brain right now...

ETIT: coobra, actullay I swijetched to lux aeterna now do get movitated inno doing my homework,

guys, I think i'm making typos...
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-11-01 at 10:41 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Argblargle SNARL! I go and get a life and find you guys onsultong me speel skills. This be ahpsatterimg!

Also, hai moonie! HAAAAAI EVERYOOOONE. *says hi*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I thank you, dear Elemental, once again for your kindness. In exchange, I offer you this picture I drew of Mabel sitting on my friend's shoulder:
    Spoiler
    Show

Your first picture there is quite appropriate, actually. I had been struggling to finish a presentation to give in class on Wednesday morning, and wound up having to stay up all night to finish it. The whole frustrating time through I felt so foolish, incompetent, and useless.

The presentation went fine, and I've had a chance to sleep, but holy smokes that was a dark, dark night.
    Oh really? Perhaps I am psychic when it comes to my picture choices...
    And thank you for your artwork. It made me laugh. It's not how I envision Mabel as a person, but that is likely because of her youth.

It is good that your presentation went well. I hate presentations...

I do not know that we are altogether free of them. I only know that they are not a pernicious plague here as they are in warmer places, because they cannot survive outdoors. I, at least, have never seen one ever -- and I have been in some pretty skanky dives.
    You have never seen a cockroach? Do they not lurk in the sewers beneath your cities, invading your homes in search of warmth and shelter?
    Then you are indeed fortunate. They are a pest most difficult to vanquish.
    Fortunately, the ones we have here are silent and do not hiss or chirp. But we also have the flying variety...

It is also why we budgies have not overtaken the nation: for while we are numerous, and greedy for land, the harsh winters confine us to the cages of our "owners." But if climate change persists, then we will soon enslave the polite humans to cast our bells, craft our mirrors, and toil in our vast fields of millet.
    Hmm... But the budgies here in Australia seem to be at peace...
    Goodness! Are you part of a radical society of budgies bent on world domination?
    *sends an enchanted music box to distract you while the Human Race makes its escape*

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well, they're not EXACTLY the same thing. Chitin is the material that the exoskeleton is made out of.

ION: walked .25 miles to the barber. walked back. Did shop work and so was on my feet for 2.5 hours. Rested briefly, then rode the shuttle to anime club...and for some reason decided to walk back the 2 miles to my dorm.

Do they feel like they're bleeding? Or that's you've torn open your soles? Mine do that sometimes, it's very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ah, that's good. You need to find some time to get online so we can talk about Halloween, I'm really curious how yours went (since I haven't done anything for Halloween in like, 3 years)

I don't even know what that word means.
    A requiem is a song written in remembrance of someone who has died.
    That's the short version. I think there's a much more complicated definition out there...

And not knowing what is meant by Philistine merely proves that the word is applicable. Not that I consider you as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Might I also have consoling/cheerful images? I feel like I need them.

Mostly because I'm quitting my present job, which I had such high hopes for, based on the fact that just about everything I was told about it was a lie.

Rant follows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -rant-

OK, rant mostly out of my system. So, back to the job search for me. And any consoling pictures, preferably of a cute and/or fluffy variety, would be appreciated.

*wanders off, muttering*
    Umm... Okay...
    Obligatory pony warning. Yes. A warning is necessary as some people are not fond of the show and I respect their feelings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

I probably spellrd it wrong

august I dont want to eat nutelleit be sweet

And I've tow tests tomorrow, and I think I'm dying of Illessness.

Et ma english is as bad asd Mutant's. :salltongue:

I feel bdad now for my speeling, but i also wann kepe it cause t emonstarates my brain right now...

ETIT: coobra, actullay I swijetched to lux aeterna now do get movitated inno doing my homework,

guys, I think i'm making typos...

*picks up*

*carries to bed*

*tucks in*

*calls to schedule make-up tests*

*stares at sternly until you get some sleep*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

9. - Top - End - #1149

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Argblargle SNARL! I go and get a life and find you guys onsultong me speel skills. This be ahpsatterimg!

Also, hai moonie! HAAAAAI EVERYOOOONE. *says hi*

wzzat last wird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post

*picks up*

*carries to bed*

*tucks in*

*calls to schedule make-up tests*

*stares at sternly until you get some sleep*
    ok, ok, i'm doing my homework sitting on the bed now.

ION: Im wearing costume deivl horns and i cant remeber pufting them on. asusi, i'm amused by havin posted 7777 times. fun number!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150

Do they feel like they're bleeding? Or that's you've torn open your soles? Mine do that sometimes, it's very uncomfortable.
    Well, no, but I do currently have open sores on both of my heels and blisters on my callouses (which I did not actually know was possible).

EDIT:
    wzzat last wird?
    I'm pretty sure it's either "upsetting" or "blasphemy". One of the two.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-01 at 10:49 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

wzzat last wird?

ION: Im wearing costume deivl horns and i cant remeber pufting them on. asusi, i'm amused by havin posted 7777 times. fun number!
    A mix of "insulting", upsetting, and fiendish. and ... Ape smattering, i guess. Anyways, soon... I SHALL DO WHAT LALA DOES. BUT MORE ANNOYING AND WITH LESS REASON. *blarglecackle*

i vant to see ze pic!

SUPER-DEMON MOONIE! 111ranks above that of satan, and the final disc3 never-fully-implemented boss of doom.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-01 at 10:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

12. - Top - End - #1152

wzzat last wird?

And thus we observe the wild Mooncat showing us the end results of getting drunk on candy and chocolate.

And yes, that's a fun number! You must be lucky.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

And thus we observe the wild Mooncat showing us the end results of getting drunk on candy and chocolate.
    Alternate results to such effects include explosive pigeons, slurred speech and when actual alcohol is involved bite marks on ones neck.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Alternate results to such effects include explosive pigeons, slurred speech and when actual alcohol is involved bite marks on ones neck.
    The innest of all the in jokes. Nom.

15. - Top - End - #1155

EDIT:
    I'm pretty sure it's either "upsetting" or "blasphemy". One of the two.
    Mutant, y u no sepll rgihti?

A mix of "insulting", upsetting, and fiendish. and ... Ape smattering, i guess. Anyways, soon... I SHALL DO WHAT LALA DOES. BUT MORE ANNOYING AND WITH LESS REASON. *blarglecackle*

i vant to see ze pic!

SUPER-DEMON MOONIE! 111ranks above that of satan, and the final disc3 never-fully-implemented boss of doom.
    Weird person you are, no dobut.

pic of me on my bed doing homeoork?

Not a demon. I think I lost my horns somewhere... Wgile sitting in the exact splame face...

And yes, that's a fun number! You must be lucky.
    ugh, no more sweets for all time. I think this is the crsh, I spend all second period math gibbering around solving math ans innerpting.

Wooooooo?

Or I might spilt the thaum on acidebn. ^.^

ION: Aweosme happiness ensues. just saw a thing on my history homework due tomorrow telling me to write a bis massive essay thing. looked at the top, all honors sutdents expemtp. Everyithing is good right now.

my thorat hurts. must go kill a velociraptor. or banjamin frnaklin, it's is fault I have to get up so early...

oh, by th eway, I'm more coherent now! cause i have things! writing down stuff aobut romans! so now I am a bit more awake.

also sad becuase flash crashed while i was listening to the soundtrack, of lord of the Flirings.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156

oh, by th eway, I'm more coherent now! cause i have things! writing down stuff aobut romans! so now I am a bit more awake.

also sad becuase flash crashed while i was listening to the soundtrack, of lord of the Flirings.
    Awesome! Have fun Moony

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

Mutant, y u no sepll rgihti?

Weird person you are, no dobut.

pic of me on my bed doing homeoork?

Not a demon. I think I lost my horns somewhere... Wgile sitting in the exact splame face...

ugh, no more sweets for all time. I think this is the crsh, I spend all second period math gibbering around solving math ans innerpting.
    SPEEL BAD! And also, why spell right, when the bastion and paragon of properoity, ze Moonie, is typing and spelling as if her capabilities were exchanged with that of an intoxicated Aquatic Troll.

Wooooooo?
    ION: Aweosme happiness ensues. just saw a thing on my history homework due tomorrow telling me to write a bis massive essay thing. looked at the top, all honors sutdents expemtp. Everyithing is good right now.

my thorat hurts. must go kill a velociraptor. or banjamin frnaklin, it's is fault I have to get up so early...

Yay! I love dos days and assignments! Cuz HONORS IS WHAR DA COOL KIDS B @!

Yes, kill that scoundrel. But not Raptor Jesus. Raptor Jesus is Raptor Jesus.

YAY ROMAN HISTORIES! Boooo, Latin classes just rehashing the Greek withou even replacing the names. Hellooo, Mars iz a dood. And Ares, lessso.

I CANT UNDERSTAND YOU MOONIE. YOU WORSER THAN I, FOR I DO ON PORPOISE! *rides on dolphin*
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, no, but I do currently have open sores on both of my heels and blisters on my callouses (which I did not actually know was possible).
    Neither did I. I suggest soaking them in some warm water or something.

Actually... You can get drunk on chocolate. It just requires eating about ninety kilograms of it. Which in my case, is my body weight.
    However, a lethal dose is about ten kilograms...

Not by much...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #1159

Awesome! Have fun Moony
    do all the homework?

SPEEL BAD! And also, why spell right, when the bastion and paragon of properoity, ze Moonie, is typing and spelling as if her capabilities were exchanged with that of an intoxicated Aquatic Troll.

Yay! I love dos days and assignments! Cuz HONORS IS WHAR DA COOL KIDS B @!

Yes, kill that scoundrel. But not Raptor Jesus. Raptor Jesus is Raptor Jesus.

YAY ROMAN HISTORIES! Boooo, Latin classes just rehashing the Greek withou even replacing the names. Hellooo, Mars iz a dood. And Ares, lessso.

I CANT UNDERSTAND YOU MOONIE. YOU WORSER THAN I, FOR I DO ON PORPOISE! *rides on dolphin*
    I can spell with perfect ability! It just takes me a very long time to concentrate enough to do so!

Mmm-hmm. I take it you're not in honors?

Does he know kung fu?

You are a sillyhead.

Ugh, hat was terrible.

Not by much...
    I am now!

ION: Just fell alseep for a few minutes on top of my history book. Gods, why do I ned to memorize dates now???
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1160

do all the homework?

ION: Just fell alseep for a few minutes on top of my history book. Gods, why do I ned to memorize dates now???
    Yes, all the homework! I wasn't sure exactly what you were saying, is all

Hey, it happens to the best of us. Try sleeping with the book under your pillow, they claim that this will help you absorb the knowledge.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

I can spell with perfect ability! It just takes me a very long time to concentrate enough to do so!

Mmm-hmm. I take it you're not in honors?

Does he know kung fu?

You are a sillyhead.

Ugh, hat was terrible.ION: Just fell alseep for a few minutes on top of my history book. Gods, why do I ned to memorize dates now???
    Sure, Moonie. Sure.

I in one. English. And I'm bad at it cuz I not try hard nough. ITS HARD TO WORK SEMI MEDIUM-NOT-HARD.

HE KNOWS RAPTOR FU. *bites head off*

I am indeed. The point is, of course, that sillyheadedness is coo'.

I AM TERRi_BLEH!

Dates? Dear god, your school sux. Memorizing anything except the century the event happened (or, if its all a period of like, 10 years or something, then MAYBE a year is ok) is for lame. I mean... unless its a war. then you should know the dates by heart and recite the commanding officers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

I am now!

Okay... But I shall retain a level of scepticism...

Because if you don't do it now, then you won't realise when I sneak into your house and change all the dates in your history textbooks.
    Part of my plan for world conquest? Perhaps... You'll never know!
    *evil laughter*

No, I wouldn't do something so creepy.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1163

Yes, all the homework! I wasn't sure exactly what you were saying, is all

Hey, it happens to the best of us. Try sleeping with the book under your pillow, they claim that this will help you absorb the knowledge.
    Wsn't even intentional either. I'm just thatg oob of ta sstudent. ^.^

Sure, Moonie. Sure.

I in one. English. And I'm bad at it cuz I not try hard nough. ITS HARD TO WORK SEMI MEDIUM-NOT-HARD.

HE KNOWS RAPTOR FU. *bites head off*

I am indeed. The point is, of course, that sillyheadedness is coo'.

I AM TERRi_BLEH!

Dates? Dear god, your school sux. Memorizing anything except the century the event happened (or, if its all a period of like, 10 years or something, then MAYBE a year is ok) is for lame. I mean... unless its a war. then you should know the dates by heart and recite the commanding officers.
    Hmmphs.

I wasn't aware ther ewas such a thing as Honors English. surely it's just AP English?

Aiee!

Is not.Fezzes are cool.

Dates... like, roman dates. not exact days, but you know, the year. The season, sometimes.

Okay... But I shall retain a level of scepticism...

Because if you don't do it now, then you won't realise when I sneak into your house and change all the dates in your history textbooks.
    Part of my plan for world conquest? Perhaps... You'll never know!
    *evil laughter*

No, I wouldn't do something so creepy.
    i ahtaje insult withh that ssravement sie foei!

That's creepy? I must be jaded.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh really? Perhaps I am psychic when it comes to my picture choices...
    And thank you for your artwork. It made me laugh. It's not how I envision Mabel as a person, but that is likely because of her youth.
    Her youth?! Oh dear. Let me tell you Mabel's sad life story my friend.

I adopted her from an intern at my work. Three or so years before, her mother purchased Mabel -- and a budgie cage -- and Mabel's yellow mate -- from a garage sale. She wanted only the cage for a canary, but the lady selling it insisted she take both birds as well.

So the mother proceeds to buy also a canary in a canary cage. She then puts Mabel and her mate in the canary cage, and puts the canary in the budgie cage. Mabel's mate died shortly afterwards.

This is a picture of the cage, which I got when I adopted her. It is way too small for one budgie, let alone two; it is rusty!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not only that, but the seeds they were feeding her were rancid.

So for three years, Mabel lived alone and unwanted in this little rusty canary cage. Nobody took her out of her cage, nobody played with her, and all she got to eat was seeds. THEY DIDN'T EVEN NAME THEM. They called them "Cheech and Chong" as a pair, but after Mabel's mate died, they didn't know which was which and didn't call her anything. The intern and her family were eager to get rid of this poor unwanted budgie. When I mentioned in passing that I liked birds, it was her idea!

She was a terrified, overweight, pitiful, quiet thing when I took her. Isn't it horrible?!?! I have done my best to socialize her, love her, and let her get exercise and good food.

She is currently sitting on my shoulder, chirping along with me and nibbling various parts of my head. It has been a delightful process to bring her out of her shell. At any rate, you see why I drew her as a cute old lady.

You have never seen a cockroach? Do they not lurk in the sewers beneath your cities, invading your homes in search of warmth and shelter?
    Then you are indeed fortunate. They are a pest most difficult to vanquish.
    Fortunately, the ones we have here are silent and do not hiss or chirp. But we also have the flying variety...
    No! No such thing! I have heard how perniciously hardy they are. *hugs* May you never be afflicted with them.

Hmm... But the budgies here in Australia seem to be at peace...
    Goodness! Are you part of a radical society of budgies bent on world domination?
    *sends an enchanted music box to distract you while the Human Race makes its escape*
    Your wild budgies have not been inducted into language and comforts; we descendents of domestication have been given the blessing-curse of self-knowledge, and wish to take a dubious revenge for our happy-unhappy divorce from the eucalyptus and the sedge. It is only a matter of ---

---- *flutters after the music box and pecks the shiny parts, tweeting excitedly*

You need moleskin!
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-02 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Too many caps words were making me look crazy

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

Her youth?! Oh dear. Let me tell you Mabel's sad life story my friend.

I adopted her from an intern at my work. Three or so years before, her mother purchased Mabel -- and a budgie cage -- and Mabel's yellow mate -- from a garage sale. She wanted only the cage for a canary, but the lady selling it insisted she take both birds as well.

So the mother proceeds to buy also a canary in a canary cage. She then puts Mabel and her mate in the canary cage, and puts the canary in the budgie cage. Mabel's mate died shortly afterwards.

This is a picture of the cage, which I got when I adopted her. It is way too small for a budgie; it is rusty!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not only that, but the seeds they were feeding her were rancid.

So for three years, Mabel lived alone and unwanted in this little rusty canary cage. Nobody took her out of her cage, nobody played with her, and all she got to eat was seeds. THEY DIDN'T EVEN NAME THEM. They called them "Cheech and Chong" as a pair, but after Mabel's mate died, they didn't know which was which and didn't call her anything. The intern and her family were eager to get rid of this poor unwanted budgie. When I mentioned in passing that I liked birds, it was her idea!

She was a terrified, overweight, pitiful, quiet thing when I took her. Isn't it horrible?!?! I have done my best to socialize her, love her, and let her get exercise and good food.

She is currently sitting on my shoulder, chirping along with me and nibbling various parts of my head. It has been a delightful process to bring her out of her shell. At any rate, you see why I drew her as a cute old lady.
    Oh dear... That is a story so unnecessarily and tragically common in this world. People take on a pet without knowing how to properly care for it. And they assume that it is simple.
    And when it is an animal that is traditionally kept confined, they forget about them. I can forgive not socialising a fish as it is so rarely their nature to socialise, but birds are vital and intelligent.
    This is why I do not wish to keep a bird. I always fear that I will not be able to care for them properly and am afraid I would unintentionally injure them as I have strong hands.

I apologise for my confusion. But now everything makes sense.

No! No such thing! I have heard how perniciously hardy they are. *hugs* May you never be afflicted with them.
    Unfortunately, it is too late. Even now they remain concealed beyond my reach. And despite my best efforts to extirpate them, they keep coming back.
    Fortunately, I have not seen a flying one for years.

Your wild budgies have not been inducted into language and comforts; we descendents of domestication have been given the blessing-curse of self-knowledge, and wish to take a dubious revenge for our happy-unhappy divorce from the eucalyptus and the sedge. It is only a matter of ---

---- *flutters after the music box and pecks the shiny parts, tweeting excitedly*
    Quick! Everyone onto the space ships!

i ahtaje insult withh that ssravement sie foei!

That's creepy? I must be jaded.
    I would apologise for insulting you, but I can't make heads or tails of that sentence... Well, I can, but I have no idea what you're calling me.

Well... A person you've never met travels all the way from Australia to your home and subtly alters things while you're not there?
    You must be jaded, because I would find that creepy.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

ION: walked .25 miles to the barber. walked back. Did shop work and so was on my feet for 2.5 hours. Rested briefly, then rode the shuttle to anime club...and for some reason decided to walk back the 2 miles to my dorm. In dress shoes.

that woudl mean you don't often wear them or that hey are new. If you don't sometimes walk in thsoe shoes the leather becomes rigid so when you wear them again they will hurt your feet like hell. That's why you need to pre-wear your shoes to ensure you get used to them and that they get molded to your feet and that the leather becomes pliant. Remember to once in a while wear your shoes so they won't hurt your feet as bad (it's the same as not wearing your shoes all the time to keep them from getting smelly and in a decent condition). Oh, and if they have been roughed up for a bit, leather soles are absolutely the best. they walk so smoothly you feel like walking on clouds. You just need to rough them up a bit because otherwise you slip and slide everywhere and probably end up in a position that is not comfortable when having to dangly bits (like a split and such). (it does help when moonwalking though)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

I send letters to a man in a summer retreat who lives three centuries in the future who in turn posts them.
    How do you read the replies?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Internet! Sweet, blessed internet! *breathes in interwebz like I haven't breathed air for two days*

Boyfriend and I decided to go to Ele's place 'cause of:

1. We're practically out of food because the person who was meant to buy food didn't and instead bought an electric guitar (including amp).
    2. We had a small storm at our unit in Nundah, QLD - AUS. Which in turn cut our internet somewhere along the line, and Telstra said it may take up to two weeks to fix. Considering the morning of the day our internet got cut out (it died in the afternoon) I had just discovered Eve Online and wanted to try it... Yeah, I'm annoyed.

So yeah. #End rant.

P.S. And neither my boyfriend nor I have money for food until Monday/Tuesday next week either. We've been surviving on two-minute noodles, but just had enough of them today, so I called up Ele and yeah, here we are.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

29. - Top - End - #1169

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    that woudl mean you don't often wear them or that hey are new. If you don't sometimes walk in thsoe shoes the leather becomes rigid so when you wear them again they will hurt your feet like hell. That's why you need to pre-wear your shoes to ensure you get used to them and that they get molded to your feet and that the leather becomes pliant. Remember to once in a while wear your shoes so they won't hurt your feet as bad (it's the same as not wearing your shoes all the time to keep them from getting smelly and in a decent condition). Oh, and if they have been roughed up for a bit, leather soles are absolutely the best. they walk so smoothly you feel like walking on clouds. You just need to rough them up a bit because otherwise you slip and slide everywhere and probably end up in a position that is not comfortable when having to dangly bits (like a split and such). (it does help when moonwalking though)
    Actually, I do wear them reasonably often, and they are not new. They are, however, cheap faux-leather with somewhat rough cloth insoles over an inch and a half of solid rubber. If I'd been wearing my dad's old leather Dockers, we'd have a completely different story, because those are the best shoes ever - so I agree that leather can be extremely comfortable, just not so much these particular shoes.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Recently, I learned that in some Germanic folktales, the Devil lives in the woods with his grandmother, who holds his head on her lap and combs his hair to put him to sleep at night. This is the most adorable thing I've ever heard about the Devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.