New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Juries:

I believe what the fist was talking about was that if one man of 12 is biased against orcs, than his bias won't matter, since the other 11 would be able to overrule him, while if a single judge or king is biased, he can destroy the lives of as many orcs as come before his court. To put it into an example:

If an orc was a defendant in court, and, say, Dr. Vassari was their judge, and he was a racist, he could easy choose to declare him guilty and give him a harsh sentence, even if the evidence pointed the opposite way. If the orc came before a jury, than there would need to be 6 racists, each willing to have their name attached to the racism (which would eliminate some "closet racists"), which, seeing as how racists are not the majority as far as I know, would be difficult to have. Yes, it could happen, but there is less a chance of having a jury with enough biased members to swing a case than it is a judge. The judge is allowed to always exercise his bias, where as if on a jury of 12, one is biased against orcs, one against women, one against the poor, one against the rich, one against elves, one against nobles, one against foreigners, one against noposhians, one against followers of the gear, one against democrats, one against homosexuals, and one with no bias, none will be able to force his bias on the defendant, since the other 11 do not share their bias.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Tara, in the privacy of her own quarters:

"I'm prejudiced against idiots and politicians. Oops, I guess I said that twice."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jury sistem
    "As I see it; the Jury sistem could be an advance over the sistem we currently have.

Trials shouldn't be guided solely by judges and lawyers; the law sould be a part of society, to be interpreted as we, the society, see fit.

Jury trials could be an answer; and if the lawyers and prosecutors could select the jury (From a randomly selected pool), then the possibility of bias would be less (Since the lawyers would try to eliminate the juries that had bias against their clients, and the prosecutors to eliminate the ones who have bias against the cause).

Again, it wouldn't be perfect. But no sistem is.

But letting the jury decide based on their feelings is a mistake. The law should be equal to everyone. It wouldn't be fair for a murderer to go to jail and another one to be executed because the jury "felt different", whatever the case may be.
    The jury should decide by reason, based on the facts of the case and the investigation, as presented by the lawyers of both sides.

The sentence for crimes should be clear: You do A, you get B. No matter who you are; or who is in the trial, that happens.
    The punishment doesn't change because the jury is different.

And, as little as I know about the law; I know that conditions are made to make the punishment more or less severe, depending on the circumstances of the crime.

In my opinion, while the jury would be superb when deciding if the suspect is guilty or not (And they definitely should say if the crime was commited under extenuating circumstances (And the judge would have to dictate a milder punishment, or no punishment at all), or if the contrary case); it shouldn't have the power to dictate sentence and decide punishment; though it could be interesting if they could suggest it.

The sentence and punishment should be left for the Judge; who knows the Law, and knows what are the punishments that we, as a society, allow for such crimes.

And that is for a simple reason: Laws are important. Punishment by Law is not revenge; it's Justice. It returns the society to balance.

If two persons can receive different sentences on the same crime (When there are no special circumstances), only becuse the jury was formed differently... that is no Justice. That is a joke."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-12-01 at 10:53 PM.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Well, let me put it to the city this way: Would you have preferred this system, or open warfare on your streets two months ago? Yes, it's a flawed system, but we will work on improving it, and we have given the city two more months of peace and quiet by taking on the task.

Go Tigers!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

To the Ram Revolution

You are not exerting your pressure in the right direction. Rather than getting us to accept this horrifying system, you should be convincing your 'ally', the fist, to reform it into something less broken.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-02 at 05:40 AM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Juries System

''I find that you would use the name of a respected city citizen in an example that paints him enemy of the orks rather impolite.''

''I notice you haven’t given an option to using the old system of Judges. It’s either your way or no way. I believe ESBA was the one that worked to remove criminals from the streets about two months ago. You haven’t yet given justice anything.''

''Will the system be reformed and measures you’ve proposed put in place?''

[Zemalac: So only a small minority of people hold prejudice against Orks? I thought it was a bit more widespread than that.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-02 at 04:52 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #517

NinjaGuy

Juries sistem [Public]

"I'm not critizicing what happened two months ago. We were lucky not to end up in a civil war over that.

We tried not to meddle in the debate before, to allow you to solve the conflict problems.

But the sistem, as it is, is broken. We should work further to make it work."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

The Revolution is working to fix it. However, we will not change it from one system half the city hates to a system the other half of the city hates. That doesn't fix anything, it just breaks it in a different way. If the city can come together and find an idea that is agreed to by all, and the Blackfists assent to dissolve the agreement they made with James, then it can be fixed. But a deal was made, and there is no going back on it or breaking our word. We gave our word we would run the prison this way in order to prevent war. No one tried to mediate a better deal, no one even seemed to care it was going on. How about next time, pay attention to when war is about to break out, and try to fix it in a way you like, rather than complaining afterwards?

"King" James:
    Your threats of attack, bullying, and ascent to the Blackfist's deal got us into this mess with the prison, so why don't you stay out of it while people who know how to compromise work to fix it? Also, the deal didn't go through unless you agreed, so don't give me that "don't try to make us agree to this" YOU agreed before the Revolution did!
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-12-02 at 12:50 PM.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #519
    Colossus in the Playground

RSA [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't this entire discussion beautiful, in the most messed up way possible?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

BH:

''I’m surprised that Ram and Champions simply didn't evict the Blackfist squatters from the Prison and restored it to operation. I would think a functional justice system for Sav Altulus would merit such act. Those who participated in the negotiations were rather reckless to give their word so carelessly, leaving us in this predicament.''

''As for accusing us in not participating in the deal, I believe Dr. Vasari assumed that something in this city can work, without Bloodhaven taking part in organizing it. Are we to fix the city’s legal system as well? Apparently so.''

''Will Blackfists assent to change the terms of the deal in accordance with Ram reforms, as a start?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

On Juries

We most vehemently agree with the representatives from Bloodhaven and Champions in that this system is truly preposterous. We only agreed because we needed the prison, as the punishments of fines or EXECUTIONS for every crime was unreasonable. As we have always said, the jury should be in an advisory role. Have the lawyers make the case, the judge gives the verdict and the range of punishment and have the jury decide the punishment.

This way we have the best of both worlds- a legality based decision without the crux of emotion and hot-headedness, with the power of the actual punishment in the hands of the people.

The very concept of this was formulated by the Blackfist for the express purpose of our cities judicial system grinding to a halt and becoming a joke, laughable and without respect. We will not stand for it.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #522
    Colossus in the Playground

Blackfist

"Surely, a boy who would be King would not just go back on his word like that?
    We can of course negotiate a new deal, but then we would like to have our prison back from our allies in the Ram in the meantime.
    From our side, the deal is simple. We don't trust judges. We don't trust lawyers. Who becomes a lawyer or a judge? Someone with the money and the leisure time to go through years of schooling. Rich people. They are not impartial any more than other groups. But, to make matters worse, they all share the same cultural background, and the prejudice that comes with that.
    If we agreed to the EBSA's proposal, we would, once again, end up with a system where only the rich decided guilt or innocence and made the laws."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Juries

With one comment, you have shown your absolute ignorance on what the EBSA is. We do not only take the rich, and the leisurely. For every graduate of a university, we have ten who were born into the cities lower and middle classes. Our own Anala Weaver, one of the highest ranked staff members in our organization, was born to a family with nothing to their name.

We have a strong internship program where intelligent and driven young people may join for a decent pay, and a chance of education and promotion down the line. Many of our judges only became such after decades of experience, provided for a solid living wage for any social class.

So please, before you lecture us on who you don't trust, examine your argument. We could have those who have dedicated their lives to the, whether Rich or Poor, to the unbiased prosecution of justice- or we could put the fate on uncounted accused, whether innocent or guilty, in the hands of a mob who doles out punishment on feeling.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Our original idea, which was agreed to by the EBSA and James, was to have judges provide a range of punishment (for example, judges would reccomend 5-15 years in jail; life in prison or exile; or 2-6 months of public service.) and then a jury would decide on the specifics. It allows the judge to ensure that punishment fits the crime, but keep enough of the original idea that the blackfists might actually participate in the legal system, rather than try to destroy it.

If we added the addendum that the accused must actually be accused of an illegal act, would there be any possibility that this deal could work with the entire city?

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #525

The Heladuit Court

Def Esp: 4

The Gregorian Orcs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Meredia is a Dwarf, and is the only member of the family I feel I would need to invite. As to my parents and children, I feel my last correspondence with you may have misled you. My mother and father are dead, both from old age, and I've not any children. We shall make quite a small party, I feel.

Law and Trials:

You have problems with juries trying decide what is fair? You worry that prejudice is tilting the views of the judges? I believe I am missing something.

Where is the prejudice in trial by combat? Can you point out to me the inherent injustice in trial by theater? Why would we ignore the precedent set by the Great Revelry Tribunal in the Kingdom of Alfagur, that which established the much beloved trial by feast? Your juries and judges are only as fallible as the trials they are present in, which is your true issue. You would dare try to rewrite the rich traditions of this city and the lands outside with your own courts with your own rules. This city, this world will not respect the decisions you make in these falsely run courthouses, and I would suggest that you look back on historical cases to resolve your argument. Traditional trials are the true measures of innocence and guilt in Sav Altulas, and you would do well not to try and replace them with your bureaucratic legal proceedings.
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2012-12-03 at 11:22 PM.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground

Turn 12 Results
    May, 1033 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    Do You Want News? This Is How You Get News!

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

An attempted purge of the opium dens in Elfwatch is foiled by a combination of slight of hand and snipers.

A new Bloodhaven clinic has been staffed and equipped in the nearby village of Tregon.

A massive battle between SGA defenders and a combined force of Clockwork Swords, Blackfist combat cells, Ram Republican Army and the Order of the Wren was fought in Stockyards Deep and the Gear this month, with heavy casualties reported on both sides. The SGA carried the day easily, however; rumors that they somehow knew the enemy plan of attack ahead of time quickly spread.

The Wardens, Champions, Fist of Neposh and orcs of Tregon have attempted to ambush and destroy the druids of the Upside Circle. The ordinary druids and animals have fallen, but they are having difficulty killing the skin-walkers.

The Wardens and Champions of Sovereignty are holding joint training exercises in Imperial First.

The river fortifications being constructed by the Shipwright's Guild at the behest of the Wardens are expanding.

New textile factories have opened in Pews.

The Technists Guild is building an enormous, armed airship.

Members of the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers have been seen narrowly avoiding crashing what appears to be a large set of animated cloth-and-wood wings near the University.

Attempts by the Mercantile's Guild to hire mercenaries for their defense are blocked by unknown parties.

The ESGE has constructed a new center for the arts adjoining the Opera House.

A crackdown in EBSA-controlled territory has led to many criminals fleeing to Blackfist and Wren areas of the city, knowing that the Greycloaks will stop pursuit at the neighborhood border.

The village of Tregon is expanding, with a new school, apartment block for human workers from the city and a new EBSA field office.

The Sausage Guild has sold off all of its above ground assets. The ground rumbles beneath Gilded.

The Silversmith's Guild is known to be recruiting mages.

The Champions of Sovereignty have constructed a new arena for showmanship and sport. While it has not yet eclipsed the Harrowing Fields, it is proving popular.

Lodstrom Party Houses go up in Lomb Circle.

The EBSA has conducted a full census of its territories.

The Heladuit Court has broken into the coffin and funeral suit markets. Business is booming.

Rumors of necromancers are on the rise once again in Mendicant's Field, though the Grave Guard assures everyone there is no truth to them.

A small contingent of Dreumont raid Little Zanchar, and are driven off by the Market Guard.

More unskilled mages are being attracted to the city thanks to the word spreading about the University being reopened.

A series of assassinations among bandit clans and petty warlords in the region slows bandit activity this month.

Trade between the city and the Illarym Empire has increased, thanks to the fortifications built by the Mercantile's Guild.

It is now the one year anniversary of the death of the sorceress Desoui.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Chosen Press
    4 from Bookbinder's Guild

Turn 13 Begins
    June, 1033
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-12-04 at 12:43 AM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Church of Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The Mad Gods of Medicant Fields Temples and their heretical followers threaten the peace of Sav Altulus. Will the Church of Neposh interpose the Holy Sword between the vile darkness and the city?''

Wren [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I do not know, whether Vasari considered you to be his friend, but I know that he held great respect for you. If you had any problems with the way he run things in Bloodhaven and what company he keeps, could you not have spoken it to him, instead of supporting a band of fanatics? Do not claim that you did it out of respect for the law – you have a band of thieves working for you. Neither I nor Vasari ever judged you for it. Your actions are a knife in the back.''

Champions of Sovereignty [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I have asked for your help. Even a token force would have shown that the King cares. Training exercises were more important?''

Melissa Blaine

Orks of Tregon

''You may have heard about the battle in the Stocks. But do you know how it was started? The Anarchists and the Ram have tried to spark racial riots against the orks.''

''I do not believe that their intent was to have orks of Sav Altulus killed violently by the mobs. That would have been merely a consequence of Blackfists and Ram plan to cause chaos and destruction. The deaths of your brothers and sisters would have been means to an end. Fortunately the agents of SGA managed to prevent such tragedy.''

''I ask you for help against Blackfist Gang and Ram.''

Melissa Blaine

Heladuit Court, Silversmith Guild, ESBA, Market Guard

ESBA: I ask for assistance in bringing down a dangerous criminal gang – ''Elfbeens’’ to justice. Their attempts to rob the honest merchants of Little Zanchar must be stopped.''

Silversmith Guild & Heladuit Court: ''I ask for assistance of your Guards in bringing the criminal gang, known as ''Elfbeens'' to justice. They are known to act in Dreumont and Old Jack’s Ran, and as you know threaten your shops in Little Zanchar.''

Market Guard: ''I’m gathering support for an operation to stop the Elfbeens gang from robbing honest merchants.''

Bookbinders Guild [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Zemalac [OOC-PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I have a note stating [Industrial Press] was used in the attempt to incite riots. I assume we confiscated printed materials calling for mayhem and destruction? If I'm incorrect, disregard this message.

''The Gear's Chosen have used the Printing Presses to spread literature, that would incite riots in the recent events in the Stocks. You have made a deal with them - which is why SGA dropped the issue and let those presses be. I sincerely hope that that deal didn't allow for this. What will Bookbinder's Guild do now?''

White-Stripe Mages to Orks of Tregon/Neposh [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You have encountered Skinwalkers. For certain reason we are very interested in finding ways to kill them. Let us work together.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-04 at 06:12 AM.

18. - Top - End - #528

NinjaGuy

"Sir, they are close"

"Be quiet, and prepare your muskets"

The dragoon force stood in the middle of the street. They prepared their guns.

In front of them, what seemed like an unstoppable wave was advancing.

Anarchists, soe of them dressed almost in rags. Their weapons were varied; ranging from knives and kitchen wares to maces, and even some swords.

Lieutenant Morris felt a single drop of sweat going down his back.

"Men!!! Prepare!!!! Aim!!!!! Steady!! SteadY!!"

He saw the mages take the lead. As soon as they started to cast, the Lieutenant yelled:

"Fire!!!!"

The muskets roared, and the Dragoons retreated. The enemy column was behind them. They only stopped to shoot back, and retreated towards the road.

"They are not taking it!!"

"What, Private?!?!"

"Thay are not taking the bait, Lieutenant!!"

Lieutenant Morris saw the enemy stopping next to the road, scattering throuhg the streets

"Damn! If the Wardens come now... Ride to the barricade, I will try to contain this!!!"

The Column advanced, and the Dragoons tried to take some enemies down.

The Wild Mages attacked, and the dragoons were swept aside b their spells. They had little casualties (Mostly wonded), but the Lieutenant knew they were done for.

"Not here, not like this!"

"Dismount! Form!!" He fored his men into a column in front of a big house (Some kind of temple, Morris thought). Lots of civilians had taken refuge there.

"Sir, we are out of ammo"

"Of cuorse we are. We were not expecte to do this."

"There are civilians behind us! We fall back, they take the heat! Blades out, men!!"

The column advanced, and stopped. Some of the Blackfist's laughed, preparing to tear them apart.

Suddenly, the ground trembled.

"Sir, what is this?"

"It can't be!"

The ground gave way.

"It is!!"

The Sausage Guild men appeared, and attacked the enemy. The Blackfists and Gears got surprised, and began to retreat.

"CHAAAARGE!!" The dragoons charged, swords in hand, and completed the surprise. The enemies that didn't die retreated.

A single dragoon came riding

"Sir!! Sir!!! The Wardens aren't coming! The Tercios are advancing from the barricades!"

Lieutenant watched the road. Like steel porcupines, Wallen troops advanced through it. Musketeers offed any enemies that tried to enter the road. Troops of all the fighting allies were pouring to the streets.

"Make them pay!" Lieutenant Morris said.

A merchant who was passing next to him smiled.

"Make them pay... That's one nice war cry."

That warcry was heard many times before the day was over.

To the Ram and the City [Public]
    "Your men will be well treated until this crisis is over. We are giving them good rations, and madical attention.

Let it be known throughot the City that at least one faction treats its prisoners with Justice."

Public notice
    Is it truly necessary to fall to a Civil War to stop the madness?

What have the Merchants done to deserve this? We heard them vote in favour of full citizenship to the Orcs of Tregon, and this happens to them?

I call for peace, and pledge to use my blade to defend those who could not defende themselves.

I ask all of the city factions to stop the violence.

To the Champions of Sovereignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the help, your Majesty. Thanks to you, we have given the enemy a complete defeat.

By the way, if you had not given them full passage thruogh your territory, we wouldn't have been able to do this. Well thought.

To the SGA, the EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I must call for a meeting. Many of us have different views of problems; I have not talked to some of you. But the City is at stake.

Madame Beteoui.

To Doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor, I hope you are back in town by the time this reaches your men. I'm planning to negotiate with the Militia of Order and Justice and the Church of Neposh, as well as my current allies. I have little knowledge of them and their allegiances. Could you help mw in this regard?

You are also called to the meeting, by the way.
    And, if I may add; the White-Stripe Mages are great.

Hope to see you soon, Lord Wallen

To the Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I express my shock to my fellow Councilman Constantine Richter about last month. Surely he will explain? This was expected of theBlackfist, but not from him.

I hope King James will explain his implied asociation to this event as well, too.

The Council has been too divided. We must act on this. There must be consequences."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-12-04 at 06:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Lord Wallen [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Unfortunately, Dr. Vasari is still absent. I would direct your request towards Viche Whitecrane, as he is personally acquainted with Wizard Delathion, rector of the School of Healing, which is part of the Church of Neposh.''

Wardens [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I believe we need to talk. Perhaps you could meet me at the Cafe on Lachel street in the Scholar’s Compass?''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-04 at 07:29 AM.

20. - Top - End - #530

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be glad to help. Would [4] Mil be of assistance? We may be able to throw in some WEL as well, if need be.

SGA/Wallen/EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would agree with the necessity of a meeting. We would propose the SGA commerce house as a reasonable location, due to its security.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To RSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We need to talk. This is far from over.

To Bloodhaven [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would never act to harm Vassari personally, but I stand with my actions. With time, the meaning behind them will become clear, I hope.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-12-04 at 09:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technist Guild Report on the Medical Safety of the Celestial Network, in summary

To the best of our abillities to deterimne, the only risks posed by the Celestial network are those of a immidate and shockingly painful nature. Or rather, the only emission we could find would not give you cancer, but they would Electrocute you. We have taken steps to further reduce that risk.

If you would like the full report, please request it at the Technist Guild Archives. The Technist Guild is not responisble for any inguries aqquired while attempting to physicaly move any of it's records or reports.

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    What in rust is going on?

The Technists Guild on the recent Conflict

What in Rust happened? Rams, Wern, Gears, why the blazes did you launch that attack on the merchents? If they sold you shoddy goods, you should have just refered the problem to the SGA, and WE would have taken care of the problem, and gotten you a refund. So please, at least file a complaint next time instead of shooting up a district. Seriously, what are we, prepubesant goblins? At least FAKE being civil, even if you'd rather just disembowl them.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-12-04 at 09:38 AM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 8)

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Indeed it isn't. Someone ratted us out, and I can only think of one of us who's chummy with someone who's tight with the SGA, Wren. Did you tell your buddy James the entire plan, or just where the attacks were coming?

House Wallen:
    A show of good faith that you plan to treat them well would be nice - release General Krodok on parole until the others are released. He will take no part in any action against your or your allies until that time, but would be free to go about his other jobs.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wren stares for a long time before speaking. His words are surprisingly quiet, but the anger there is plain to see. "Ah yes. I suppose I took wounds to the shoulder and leg for show? And the third of my men, left dead in the streets of the stacks. Those were an amusement, perhaps?"

"How dare you. This is not the time for such foolishness. We play into the hands of our enemies with such idiocy. We must consider our options, and the resources at our disposal. "

"We must expect the likelihood that the SGA will attack us in Runners City next."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

On Incarcerated Criminals

''Didn’t General Krodok participate in an attempted robbery of Mercantile Guild, which caused loss of life? I believe there is sufficient number of witnesses to confirm his guilt. General's men might have been misled about the purpose of their attack, but he would certainly have known. An ESBA trial by Judge should determine his fate.''

House Laurier [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You have observed an attempt by the mobs to loot the Merchants of the city. Apparently Blackfists and their allies seek to redistribute the wealth from the rich to the commoners or their own pockets. I ask for your assistance – they came for Mercantile Guild now, but if we don’t beat them back, they’d come back and eventually seek to plunder your coffers as well.''

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Someone sold us out - If we don't find out who that is before we begin planning, all those plans will be useless, much like the plan LAST month was. Would you like a repeat of that? I sure as hell wouldn't, I lost my top general and over half my army due to it!
    You are the only one here who has no reason to be here, your cozy with James, who could have easily told the SGA we were coming, and you were the one who said their forces would be in the Shattered Lands! Who else would rat us out? Are the Gears going to side with those who want to shut them down? Would the Blackfists side with King James and the SGA? Would I try to deal with a monarchist? Yet you have said multiple times that James is a personal friend, and have never given your reasons for joining our band of ruffians. Right now Wren, either give an excellent explanation of why you're here instead of with your good buddy, or admit to being the leak.

ON Prisoners:
    That's not how the legal system works anymore, remember? Now if you'd like, you could certainly hand Krodok over to the Prison. I'm pretty sure that it's guarded by Revolution forces right now. I'm SURE he'd stay put until his trial.

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "King James is a personal friend. He is aware of my involvement with you, of course. He was aware of the attack, but not the details. He told Wallen. Wallen told the SGA. He also told me that the Nobles troops would be in the Shattered Lands. I am disappointed in the failure of the King on that front. "

"Why am I here? To save this city. I will admit, I need your help. But you also need mine. You can't afford to throw away allies at a time like this. If I wished to damage you, I could have simply not sent my men into the attack, or failed to appear myself. "

"Infighting will destroy us all. Surely you can see that. We need to prepare for the blow to come. "

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Legal System

''The legal system that was negotiated by the criminals, whom it's now supposed to judge? I'm certain, you can see the problem with this. Everybody knows that Blackfists are sheltering criminals, who flee the Greycloak justice.''

''I ask ESBA - what is more important, to have a prison or to have a fair and functional justice system? If it's the latter, you should see that agreement with the Blackfists should be dissolved and criminals judged as before. Naturally sending criminals to the prison controlled by Ram would be counterproductive.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-04 at 11:32 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

If James has betrayed us, then it is he who we should have been fighting. Once we deal with the coming blow, I say we turn our eyes to him, rather than the SGA, who are only on the peripherals, and who we attacked only because James was such a close friend to you. Something he proved with his recent betrayal.

Legal Systems:
    More to the point, perhaps, is the General Krodok is a prisoner of war, having surrendered during an armed attack. Unless he was in possession of stolen property at the time (which I doubt) there are no civilian crimes he has committed. That leaves his fate up to those who captured him, namely, House Wallen. Now, if you would, please keep your large noses out of my business.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-12-04 at 11:41 AM.

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Perhaps. Perhaps. When the blow does rain down, we must see that the forces arrayed against us are destroyed utterly. To do otherwise is to invite defeat, as we would simply face both the SGA and the King. "

"But I do not disagree in principle. First, we must defeat the enemy in front of us. Then we can deal with James. "

"Now, for the blow to come. Despite their failure to appear at the battle, I trust the Wardens. They warned that they would likely be able to commit little to this first battle, and it is likely the failure of our initial attack meant they could not be of any help to us. "

"However, this month, they should be able to bring their full force to bear. We must act as the anvil, and they the hammer. However, I am not proposing we trust ourselves fully to the Wardens. Even if they do not act, we must be prepare to hold our defenses. "

"The first attack did not only fail because of the leak. It also failed because we allowed our strength to be frittered away. We did not concentrate our strength. This cannot happen again. No more half-measures. This is a fight for our lives and we must commit all we have. "