New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly didn't expect that response from the Wardens. If we can arrange that, it cuold stop the conflicts. Great.

First, the problem of this plan is trust. Can we trust in such an agrement?
    The Wardens seem to be men of honour under their current leadership; but I can't help but to be worried about the possible change in leadership happening this month.

Whatever deal we do, we must make sure it sticks. All Warden leaders, small and big should agree to that, and promise by their own honour.

Second; I like the Silversmith's Guild idea. The fact that they would depend on the SGA to get their money makes the treaty stronger. There is a proposal I have to make it even better:

That they help us gain back the prison as a proof of good will.

The EBSA, me and his troops under my command could take care of that. It would work, and the Blackfist would be greatly weakened.
    The prison should go to the EBSA; and a real reform of the legal sistem should be done by the Council after that.

However, it's the Wren who I'm really worried about.

The big question here: Can we afford to let the Blackfists, the Wren, the Ram, and the Gear to gain their second air?

The industrialization project is a genious idea that will fix the problem once and for all; but the fact is that it will take time.

This is my full plan by the moment, please tell me if you comply or thnk we should change something:

1 - We make a public treaty with the Wardens. It must be make known all throughout the City, dishonour should fall upon he who breaks it. The Treaty should be signed by ALL members of the Warden's leadership and the representatives of the members of the SGA; EBSA, and my own house, and distributed through all town once signed. I trust the Bookbinder's Guild for this deed.

2 - The Treaty will leave the borders between factions as they are now; the Merchants will agree on their blame on the past conflict, on the condition that no new attacks are to happen. The Wardens will receive 1 Wealth of the shares in the Emerald Mine (And will depend on the SGA for their extraction each month); or they will be paid by James.

No new attacks, espionage, monetary takeovers or any other expansive action is to be taken by any of the parts against each other never again. Such actions would mean war.

3 - As a part of the treaty, the Wardens will lend the Alliance Against Bandits (That's us) 6 mil for the next month; to be used exclusively against the Blackfist. The soldiers are to be treated as any other guards, and they will be commanded by House Wallen or the EBSA (Which have been mostly neutral in the conflict, and thus, can't be suspected of treachery).

We'll pay 5 (temporary) Wealth this month in return (The Wealth will come directly from my coffers, don't worry on this).

A similar fee cold be paid next month to extend the "loan" for one extra month; but that would depend on the Warden's will.

The Warden troops are to be sent to fight against the RSA; fighting alongside our own troops. Under the table, the first objective of the troops will be the Prison (source of the main crisis the City Council is facing now); and the Blackfist neighbourhods near it. We could clear the Blackfist influence from there.

If they lend us the soldiers, we can be sure that they will not be use against us.

4 - What part is James to take on this? He has asked to be a part of the meeting; and expressed the intend to fight alongside us. I, for one, can't trust him completely. Do we let him in this meeting?
    Keep in mind, anything we plan against the Wardens, he will tell to them.

He could be convinced to stage a defense against the Wren. I believe that Lack's Own could be overtaken; and that we could atract the attention of the enemy there, to make sure the attack on the Prison goes smoothly.

5 - The Merchants are to be defended. Sorry to leave the Sausage Guild out of this, but somehow I feel the Merchants are in a harder ground here.

I propose to build the fortifications the Merchants intended (With the Guild of Masons helping), and to send reinforcements to them. At least 15 mil, counting the Merchants troops. We create a courier service between the Merchants and the Sausage.
    Should the Wardens attack from any direction; the attacked side defends and the other one attacks by the back.
    And this time, there is no giving territory back.

6 - Finally; the Gears. Somehow I don't see them being brought to our side by money. They are more of a strange Cult than a commercial house.

Are your faction's agents staying down this month? I may have a job for them.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

2. - Top - End - #602

The Heladuit Court

D. Esp: 6

To The Silversmiths:
    Spoiler
    Show

I can't see myself needing more security than I have, in the short term. The last thing I can see myself needing is to wall myself in with the people who try and steal away my workers and land.

Maybe in the future, if we feel a need and I develop some newfound respect for you.

To Our Lordly GM, Zemalac:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got the report on the Network from Grimsage, who handed it over freely, but he didn't actually much to tell me aside from "It shocks people." Would the report have a listing of the districts/neighborhoods where the Network has expanded to? If so, can you tell me that list?

Here's Your Chance, Alscot Lascelles
    What daughter(s)? Meredia? My sister? You would do well to research my family of mine before you describe how would like to defile it. To make such an error, a painfully daft error, is almost as much an insult to me as you hypothetically contemplated. Keep it up, and you may get the chance you desire to be in trial.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Shattered Lands

News of the city. That didn’t sound good. When he left the city everything seemed fine. ''My dear Doctor, all I have to do is tap'' He could never quite forget those words.

''Certainly. If Commander Everett has something to water my throat, I can stay till dawn.'' Though if the news were important, he’ll probably have to pick up his pace significantly. He politely took a sip from a flask, one of the Warden soldiers offered him. Figures, they’ll assume I meant water, he thought. Vasari never seen a doctor, who could stay sober. The good ones just knew not to come to work, when their hands were shaking.

Alscot Lascelles to Markus Heladuit

''Why you are clearly lying! There is no way, that a fair maiden like Meredia could be a sister of the decrepit old fart like you! She is clearly too young and virginal to be anything but your daughter! If you insist on such base deception, then I'm more then prepared to destroy you in any Trial.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Shattered Lands

After a moment of discussion, one of the Wardens leads Vasari directly off the road, and into the woods. Not long after, they come to another path, this time not even remotely a road but more like a trail cut by some machine or another into the underbrush, along which walks another column of troops. The only real difference is that this group is larger.

Many of the Wardens glance at the Doctor curiously as he emerges from the woods, but they don't say anything nor break rank. From the middle of the group, however, a tall man with an impressive moustache, a somewhat less impressive sword and two pistols holstered around his waist approaches him.

"Doctor Vasari. I really didn't expect to run into you here. My name is Everett, we're currently heading back to the City as I got a message containing some recent news. I hope you can keep me some company at least for a while, and discuss."

He offers his hand for a shake, while lowering his voice a bit.

"I don't like the Shattered Lands, but they're a better place for honest talk than Sav Altulas. Not that that's saying much."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Council:
    Spoiler
    Show

The RSA is simply the name of an organization, much like the SGA. What the R stands for is debatable between the various members, but the SA stands for, believe it or not, Sav Altulas. It's members are working towards a better future for our city.

RSA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Fine. We will do this your way. This had better work.

Constantine's Public Statement:
    The recent incident in the territory of the Merchant's Guild was part of a larger strategy that is intended to bring peace, prosperity, and equality to Sav Altulas.

Happy, James?

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

Public Response:

"No. It's as much of a response as not answering was."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-05 at 06:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Shattered Lands

Vasari accepted the handshake, though it forced him to reveal his broken hand. Well, it would have been spotted eventually.

''There are a lot of lies in the Shattered Lands. There are a lot of truths in the city, most of them contradictory. I don’t know which is worse.''

His hand absentmindedly tapped on the bag on his shoulder. ''If any of your men require my medical expertise, don’t hesitate to ask.''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Martel Parlous: ''Apologies, since I'm a little less knowledgeable of the events that led up to this, but why are we mistrustful of King James?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Champions:
    Oh, kind of like your compromises? Well that's too bad. As I think even you can understand (though let me know if I need to use smaller words), if I were to come out and outline my entire plan to the city at large, it'd be a bit difficult to ensure it worked, since opponents to it would then (obviously) know everything about it. Keep watching and it'll make sense eventually. Well, to most of the city. You personally may need it explained to you.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #609

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah. If you choose to think of us like that, so be it. We think of you as worthless cloth-cutters (little better than moths) who missed their true calling: making rags. We will work on our own defenses, where we can.
    We will mention that we gave you back any land that we took, and we are confused about the meaning of your words that we stole you workers. Do you refer to our employment of the Goblins?
    ((Also, who's the "I"? Markus?))

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm. Your plan seems good Madame, but I am not sure that the Wardens would be willing to lend us any troops, and if they do they will likely demand repayment. I believe that with the Warden issue resolved, we should invite James to the Commerce Hall, for planning this strike on the RSA. We may be able to contribute forces, but if so we would not be able to aid Bloodhaven this turn. We would be willing to contribute our espionage forces, however, along with WEL to buy mercenaries."

10. - Top - End - #610

NinjaGuy

To SGA PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allright, I'm putting myself in the line. What I'm about to say can't leave this room. My life and the life of my friends are in danger for knowing this.

One, the King is a friend of the Wardens. He has been working to make peace because I asked him to.

Second, I have strong reasons to believe that the King has ties with the SRA. The Wren probably.

He told me about last month's attack, but he didn't take measures to stop them from going through his territory.
    I can't help but be suspicious about it.

I apologize for not disclosing this earlier, but I had good reasons that cannot be yet revealed.

I promise to reveal everything by the end of the month, but I need you to trust me.

For now, NO SIGNS of this can leave this room. There's too much at stake. I need James to take on the SRA, and I believe we may do this together.

That's why I'm proposing to fortify against the Wardens like this, while we make small attacks on the Blackfists and Gears.

We may gain some ground before they recover, and the Wardens may be yet be treated diplomatically.

Finally; I will confide something. We have a secret weapon that will deeply change the game.

I will not reveal the nature of this weapon until the attack.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

RSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you."

"Well, then, to business. First, where are our friends, the Gears? Their military strength will be necessary to hold our line.

I suggest the Prison as the bulwark of our defensive efforts. It is the closest thing to a fortress Sav Altulas has. The wounded and anything vital to protect should be secure there.

The rest of our defense should focus on guerilla tactics. We know these streets: They don't. We have the support of the locals. We also have time to prepare the ground. They should be walking into a meatgrinder. We will make them pay in blood for every step they take into our lands.
    "

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

Shattered Lands

"Thank you for the offer, but we've been lucky this time around.

Unlike yourself, it seems."

Commander Everett leads Vasari towards the middle of the column, the Wardens nearby making enough room that a conversation in low voices is not easily overheard.

"Well. I don't know what you've been doing, but we saw you leave the City alone and I doubt your goal was in Burnelli. Regardless, that's your business.

I'm going to talk things straight with you here. If you want to twist what I'm saying and use it as some sort of a political club, feel free - I know I'm not important enough to mean much for the Order.

What I'm currently worried about is that I recently got a messenger from Tarmin and it seems he's called the Council of Commanders to meet and discuss. I'm not sure if you recognize the term, but it's basically the highest level governance within the Order and they don't formally gather often. And apparently one of the reasons for this was that there was a large battle with the SGA fighting most of the Runner's City factions. I don't really know much about the details, but it seems like the place's like a barrel of gunpowder right now.

And the Commanders aren't stupid. Wardens are in the thick of it, what with the whole skirmish with the Merchant rabble. There's been a lot of talk in the ranks and amongst the officers about what we should do, basically one side wants to continue as we have, keep out of politics, secure a promise of continued patronage from whoever ends up on the throne and deal with the Shattered Lands. The other group feels that there's both a threat and an opportunity in the current chaos, and that we should at the very least be paying attention and trying to steer things in the correct direction. What that is, anyone's guess - fancy words from all of them, but we're soldiers, not aristocrats.

Anyway, so that's the deal right now, as far as I'm concerned. I'm hoping to get back before there's any serious voting in the Council, but I feel like this whole thing was arranged pretty bad. Everyone knows my stance on things, and not everyone likes it."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #613

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rafin stares off, his eyes focused on nothing and his thoughts whirling about.
    That is...interesting information. We are somewhat understanding of your current need for secrecy, if you can promise that all will be revealed to us by the end of the month. If you stress the importance of this action so much, we will withdraw our promise of aid to eliminating the Elfbeen and instead contribute some mil to the offensive. We can also contribute some of our contacts (esp), if need be.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the SGA and ESBA [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I request permission to participate in the meeting regarding the cities response to the RSA's recent action."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-06 at 04:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #615

The Heladuit Court:

D. Esp: 6

The Silversmiths:
    Spoiler
    Show

I refer to you deciding the build up in the Dappled Court after I went through all of the effort of clearing it, and yes, I refer to your attempted subversion of my goblins.

OOC: Yeah, generally if the words are coming across in a possessive, arrogant, and generally disdainful manner, it's Markus.

To SGA [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show

We are pleased to be out of direct military conflict with the Wardens. The Heladuit Court, with that worry out of the way, is free to commit most of its resources to our actions against most of the various miscreant factions of the city, with exception of the Gears. It would not be in our best interests to take action against them right now, and while we have no qualms with the rest of you doing so, our own soldiers would need to be elsewhere.

When You Understand What You Are Getting Into, You Have My Permission to Try Alscot Lascelles

Yes, she is a beautiful young dwarf, my sister is. So talented, in fact, that she has the right and privilege to defend my house in all forms of Trials. If you wish to maintain such falsehoods about her status and relations, it is her you will be putting on trial to prove it to. If you ask me, that is a fool's proposition.
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2012-12-05 at 08:52 PM.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Goblins of Hobbespot being your goblins. The Dappled Court being your land. You haven't been frequenting the Painted Court, so close to Tailorway, have you? I hear that they sell strange drugs there, that may have damaged your already poor mind.

17. - Top - End - #617

NinjaGuy

SGA and EBSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heladuits: You are wellcome to join me in the attack against the Prison. It will be a difficult one, but with the Technist's Ship we may be able to pull it off.

Can I ask to be in charge of the attack organization as well? It didn't work that bad last time.

Last, we can't be completely sure the Wardens will not attack. I recomend to keep a heavy guard in Merchant and Sausage territory ready to defend or counterattack should they break the pact.

I realize they will not accept to lend us the soldiers. What if we sent the treaty excepting that part? Without asking for help?

I felt it would have been a way to get them to help without looking weak.

And I will take the liberty to pay the Wardens only if we are not attacked.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The SGS Irquois won't be ready for at least another two months. We've only spent 16 WEL on it so far. Ya, these things take a while, but should be done in two, three months tops.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

19. - Top - End - #619

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps send the treaty as is, and then talk with James about the possibility of enlisting Warden support for the attack on the Prison? We would be willing to send some guards to position themselves in Sausage Guild territory, to defend in case of an attack

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

Wardens/SGA/EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wardens
    I am willing to make an oath to end this nonsense and cease all aggressive action against the Wardens, on the condition that every one of your commanding council, no matter how small a member, agrees to swear a similiar oath. Current leadership may agree to this but I do not want another, more aggressive commander to take control and continue this feud.

Payment
    In order to repay you for what was my fault this last month, the SGA is willing to offer you a portion of the shares from the emerald mine operated by the SGA.

EBSA: I would like you to oversee the oaths and signing of a treaty. Any offending party could be persecuted in a court of law. Is this acceptable to you?

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    James
    I dont know if he can be trusted...perhaps make him swear an oath with the EBSA to oversee it? If he were to break such an oath, all the trust he has managed to gain in some circles of the city should cease to exist.

RSA
    If we do attack, I say it be against the Gears, who I assure you are not likely to abandon the RSA. According to semi-old reports, I also believe that they held a major portion of the RSA's military might. The fact that the Gilded Pyramid, a powerful weapon of war which could turn the tide of any battle, is currently disabled only works in our favor. They also own Jacks Run and could potentially cut off our access to most of the mercenaries who we could potentially hire if needed. Though officially that was the Wardens doing last month, I detected signs of other factions involved in the interception of my gold shipments.

Wounded/Prisoners
    What is your intention with the prisoners of war, particularly General Krodak who if possible should be converted.

Bloodhaven: Could I ask for a small cadre of doctors to treat the injuries of my chief engineer, Sorenson? He took a couple bad wounds during the fighting.

Contributions
    Okay. Let me draft up a list of what I can contribute to our plans this month. Planning might be easier if we knew what we had to work with...Also, just to let everyone know, I invited a representitive from the Market-Guard to attend. They have as much reason as any of us to be here, as they were assaulted by RSA forces from Druemont.

Spoiler
    Show

2 MIL, Sorenson defending and overseeing fortifications.

1 MIL perhaps assisting in our assaults.

3 MIL and General Brador manning forts.

5 ESP defending against further attacks.

5 ESP and Cecile assisting in our efforts if need be.

4-8 WEL constructing fortifications, working under Craftmans guild guidance.

4 WEL and The Trader assisting in any economic operations we may plan.

I will be sending my engineers from the Gears workshops to assist Technists in completing the airship.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-12-05 at 10:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

RSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright. The Remnants of the Revolutionary Army will hold the prison. They are trained in tactics for such things. My other agents will take to the streets. Will anyone else be contributing to the protection of the prison, or should we hope that they wont be able to bring much against it with all the guerrilla fighters?

So while we're fighting and dying in the streets and prison, what exactly will our saviors the Wardens be doing to help us? They seem to be in talks with the SGA right now. How do we know they aren't making peace anyway? They hate us almost as much as the SGA.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-12-05 at 10:09 PM.

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Gears
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of mild Couriosty, why did you join the RSA?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

EBSA/SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would indeed look over this agreement- signing it into law of the city. We shall send lawyers and experts to assure the language is both binding, and with teeth.

That being said, while we will support the takeover of the prison, our forces are primarily a defensive force. Once the prison is taken, we can hold it, but our Greycloaks are more bodyguards and crack policing forces more than commandos. That said, our full magical and espionage might are also at the organizations support, simply direct where we are needed.

On that note, Ms. Lythene has conveyed to me that something we should consider is a powerful espionage thrust, aimed at cutting out the traitors eyes- sorry for the harsh language... she is quite incensed. She continues to explain that their greatest strength is their ability to move unseen, and peek where they should not belong. A blinded foe cannot properly defend all fronts.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

City Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something has come to my attention this last month: The city walls are particularly run-down, vulnerable and would provide absolutely NO protection should a foreign power come knocking which is growing increasingly more likely the further we expand our reach. I propose that eventually, we need to rebuild these walls. While obviously this is not a necessary matter at the time, I figured I would mention it for later on down the road.

Wardens/EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EBSA has agreed to oversee this and forge it into a binding contract with some teeth to it. All that remains is your approval.

King James/EBSA/SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I personally do not object to you attending on the condition you swear an oath that NOTHING you hear leaves that room. You would swear the oath in front of the EBSA who, if agreeable to them, would formalize a legally-binding contract to be distributed throughout the city, so that if you just happened to let something slip, it could be brought into the courthouses.

This is in no way, shape or form, me attempting to politely state that I do not trust you. However, circumstances demand the utmost secrecy and save you, all in attendance are those I have worked with many times before and I would trust them with my life.

With that said, if anyone objects to you attending then I will be withdrawing my proposal.

SGA/EBSA[Can you edit your post and put in a PM tag Greystone?]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is indeed their greatest strength and i'm sure my own intelligence chief, Cecile, would be glad to get back at them for making a fool of her and the guild.

Orcs of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I have been kicking this around for some time and I figure with the political climate of Sav Altulas, now is as good as ever to try to put it in motion. What do you know exactly of those ruined cities in the Shattered-lands? I plan to retake them from whatever denziens have holed themselves up there and rebuild the place and forge it into a thriving trade settlement. Obviously with the whole RSA situation, my forces wont be available to take the cities by myself.

My question to you is as follows: Are you willing to supply the necessary muscle to escort my people, take the cities, and guard them until things quiet down? In return, I am willing to split all profits we make from resettling the cities with you.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Shattered Lands

''You accuse me with demagoguery with your first words. Well never mind that. Can I ask a few questions first?''

''Do you know what sparked the conflict between the SGA and Runner’s City? I do not believe SGA would initiate any fighting and I don’t see any motive for the Runner’s City to attack SGA. It sounds very odd. And what factions participated in the attack? In my mind, the only one capable of such act would be Gear’s Chosen, but you say there was more than one?''

''As representative of the Merchant and Craftsman class, I share your exact sentiment. The best we could do would be to do what we can do best. Political power isn’t for us… Yet in the current situation, can we feel secure if we have none? Can we be certain, that whoever ends up on the throne wouldn’t seek to prosecute us? Steering things in the right direction may end up helping us in the long-run.''

''Can I ask you something? The SGA proposed to the King, that we assist with the restoration of the Shattered Lands – build mines and quarries, organize production, fund roads and forts. All of it for share of income naturally, but without assistance, the production and speed of exploration would have at least doubled. And it would have served to bind SGA to the King and indirectly Wardens, since we’d have common interest in holding the Shattered Lands against warlords and bandits. Have the Wardens advised the King from taking this proposal?''

Alscot Lascelles

''I, a fool? Perhaps you haven’t done enough research on the manner of man I am. Let the city be the witness of the challenge accepted - I shall duel Lady Meredia. As the defendant, the choice of Stage is yours.''

''I’m also in a need of a new suit for the Duel. Would you be so kind as to take an order, to be done by the end of the week?''

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Martel Parlous:

Gears: I agree, that the Gear’s Chosen are the most dangerous members of… what you call it, RSA?

Wounded: Of course, medical assistance should be arranged.

ESBA/Prison: This is why I believe Warden Exarn should be put in charge of the prison. ESBA handles the justice system, but keeping the brutes locked up. Let’s face it, Wardens are most suited for such job.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the SGA, EBSA [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I accept, of course. Thank you.

To the SGA, EBSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ambrose arrives at the meeting.

"Thank you for granting the Champions representation here. There is a matter we would raise, but first, a summary of what has been said so far. How are we approaching this problem?"

27. - Top - End - #627

NinjaGuy

SGA [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Merchants: Do not send support for the attack. Your guards need to rest and I’m not willing to allow us to turn our back to the Wardens, treaty or not.
    They may prove to be trustworthy but they will have to prove it first.

On the Prisoners: They belong in prison for what they did. I will keep them as prisoners this month; and once the prison has been regained I will send them there and surrender them for trial.

EBSA: Miss Lythene will have our full support. All information we can gather will go to her.

On Prison: For now the main priority should be taking the prison. In my opinion those suited to take the prisoners should be the ones who run the prison. Otherwise, we end up with crisis such as this one.
    I think that a joint guard could be prepared for the prison (With many of the Council factions attaching permanent Mil for it) to make a prison that is power-independent and neutral as such.

The Prison Crisis ends this month! No more will we be the laughingstock of the civilized world!

On the Gears: I agree on that they could be the most suitable target but the Prison should be our priority. And since the Heladuits don’t wish to attack them I will not strain our alliance in that direction.
    Javier Heladuit: Are you willing to help take on the Prison with your forces? Otherwise they should go to the Merchant’s territory and take defensive positions.

To City Counci
    Spoiler
    Show
    the city walls should be our first priority when the crisis is over.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the SGA, EBSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regardless of their other faults, I do not think the Wardens are liars. Though I understand after the attack if the Mercantile Guild wishes to concentrate solely on it's defence.

The Prison is important, but our enemy also knows that. We have all seen the reports of the blackfist fortifying their territories. If we charge in, and they are waiting for us, will we have the men to defeat them?
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-06 at 10:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Champions/ESBA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Martell Parlous:

''Gentlemen. I have read Vasari’s notes and I would like to propose an alternative to the Sausage Guild’s plan.''

''We all know that the factories are currently working at at best half-strength, which is why there are so many unemployed commoners with too much free time on their hands, which certain criminal factions take advantage of.''

''Now, Champions, Wardens and Orks of Trebon have secured a number of mines, logging camps and quarries in the Shattered Lands. All of them are barely producing, due to lack of coin investment in tools and lack of experienced men.''

''What I propose is, SGA invests in those mines, dramatically increasing their output and accumulating a stock of raw materials. After that Bloodhaven as the public face of SGA and Champions, as somebody, whom the commoners trust, address the workers at the Factories.''

''We tell them, that if they kick out the RSA goons, the raw materials will flow into the city forges and so jobs for everybody will be generated. And we tell them that we’ll increase their wages.''

''Now way has no deception, no rabble rousing or faking racial riots. It’s an honest business proposal. It’s giving people a choice. And it will end up filling coffers of both SGA and owners of the mines outside the city, while improving life in the Runner’s City.''

[Champions REP 7, BH REP 8, we put enough WEL into raw resources production and specify that part of the gains would become ''increased wages for the workers''. The only weak link is delivery of the resources to the factories – perhaps Wardens can be persuaded to take Underdocks.]
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-06 at 11:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bookbinder's Guild to Bloodhaven (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken. First we must be certain that the prints originated from the Chosen press, which should be simple enough as we have people working there.

House Laurier to Bloodhaven (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

I scarcely think that the ruffians would dare attack Laurier property. We have no particular quarrel with them, except that they have struck against the Mercantile's Guild.

And, too, there are forces at work that I am not sure you are aware of. We would like to stay out of their way, for the moment.

House Laurier to Wardens (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

I will inquire. Perhaps they will be able to find something in their libraries.

OOC: Research will take some time, and be delivered with the EoT report.

Market Guard to Mercantile's Guild (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing we couldn't handle. It was pretty obvious they weren't up to anything serious.

Copper (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

That's public knowledge--the Network is kind of big. It currently exists in Factories South, the Chosen half of the Underdocks, Little Veras, and all or nearly all of the Ram's territories. Also, Deadman Hill and Fat Tippest, almost forgot about those.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City