New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am contributing 9 WEL towards industrialization. Ideally I would have liked to put more towards it, but I have a full plate this month, and will put more into it next month depending on how things go.

I am also contributing [10 ESP] and (Cecile) for the raid on Blackfist intelligence.

As my final contribution, 1 MIL and (General Brador) will be aiding in the Elfbeen assault. Hopefully Market-Guards show up, but I think we can likely take them out without them, unless the Gears actually send their forces into the neighbourhood.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Bloodhaven is putting everything we can spare in industrialization project.''

''I’m in agreement with Sausage Guild as well. If Wardens, Champions, Lord Wallen and Heladuits wish to commit forces to taking the Prison, they are most suited to it as military powers and nobles. We, merchants and craftsman are no soldiers. It’s not our place to fight. We have always acted only in self-defense.''

''I'm really concerned, that Gears would come to the help of Elfbeens. And with them Blackfists and Ram.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the SGA: [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prison
    "The champions have not expressed interest in attacking the prison. In fact, we have now changed our mind, and would like to strongly advise all factions not to attack the prison."

Expansion
    "We would like to propose this meeting be expanded. The RSA's actions are a concern for all factions of the city. The Esoteric Society, House Laurier, and the Exchange should be here. What do people think of the Church of Neposh and Militia of Order and Justice?"

To the EBSA: [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The champions would like to thank you for looking after the palace these past few months. Your dedication to the city is inspiring."

"This month you declared the RSA criminals. Among their number were all the factions who opposed my ascension to the throne. I would like to propose a coronation next month, that proper government might be restored to the city."

- James I
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-14 at 08:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imperial Contacts to Wardens (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll see what we can do. Be aware, however, that it may not be much, so far from Imperial borders. I imagine that is why the traitors fled there in the first place.

Verdan Contacts to Wardens (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

For dragon guns, not much. There isn't really much of a demand for them at the moment, though I imagine that might change if people hear that the Wardens are suddenly buying a lot of them. We would be willing to supply you for [3 WEL] in that regard.

The other items we mentioned vary in price significantly.

Masters of Industry to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sirs and madams. We are here today representing Risath and Perth, Teel & Doyle Quality Manufacturing, Crame Unlimited and Entwill Industry Standard. I understand you have a proposition of some sort regarding the factories that, by law, we still own in the Smokeyards. I will admit that we had given those properties up as lost and had begun building new factories in Pews; however, if you are, as you say, able to remove the criminals from our places of business, we would try to assist in whatever way we can. Though I should note that we tried something along those lines a few months ago that failed, so I would like to be assured of the success of any further endeavors before allotting resources to them.

Wardens/Mercantile/Bloodhaven (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Would there be places near the city, where sheep farms could be established?
    [I’d say it’s a question to Zemalac]
    Indeed so.

Market Guard to Mercantile's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We try not to get ourselves involved in operations outside of Little Zanchar. That's the area we are paid to protect, after all.

UAL to Mercantile's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We'd love to, guv.

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Can I verify with prison records in the Library, what sort of men got released into the city? Political activists or murderers?

P.S. Let's say I check the Prison Records and the Ram prisoners we've captured. Do I find there people from the Records?
    The records call them all murderers and thieves. As a side note, why would you think that the official records would admit to anyone being imprisoned for political activism?

As for your second question, no. Though that could just be because they changed their names and denied all association with the prison.

Captain Zanch to Silversmith's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, sir. At your earliest convenience.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Masters of Industry [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''SGA has always been big supporter of right to private property and we regret that you haven’t approached us about your problems before. We seek to become major importer of raw materials to Sav Altulus and thus a partnership with the leading Industrialists would profit us both.''

''Our current plan is to arrest the agents of the Blackfists that have been stirring up trouble across the city, while depriving them of the popular support, so workers they deceived with their propaganda will kick them out of the Factories. As part of our plan we are expanding flow of resources to the city – that we will use as bargaining chip to convince the workers in Smokeyards to support us, as more resources would mean more jobs and SGA is prepared to subsidize increase in workers’ wages. Coin in pocket or Blackfist propaganda. I believe the choice is obvious. Both Bloodhaven and King James will address the workers to attempt to sway them to our side. It’s also highly likely, that there will be an action against Blackfists in the Gatehouse Prison, by the militant factions of the city that seek to restore a system of justice in Sav Altulus. That should draw away Blackfist resources.''

''If we fail to recapture Smokeyards with this plan, then we were fully prepared to expand production in other areas of the city – from your factories in Pews, forges in Gear and to ever expanding underground facilities of Sausage Guild. After that we'll use control over the flow of resources to completely cut off Smokeyards, apart from the industry in the territory of the respectable Technist Guild. In such project we are interested to act as co-investor with you.''

''You know more than anybody about the Smokeyard factories and their needs. It’s in your interests to advise us, what resources are needed, so we’ll know where to invest – in increasing production of mines, in logging, in building quarries or in establishing sheep farms? You also know how to deal with the workers in the Smokeyard Factories, so our effort to persuade them would greatly benefit from your assistance.''

[Can Industrialists tell the capacity of the Smokeyard Factories and how much of that capacity is being satisfied with the current flow of resources?]

[If Wardens/Orks don't control all resources we need for factories - can Industrialists tell which ones we are missing, so we can direct Wardens/Orks to capture them?]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #696
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To Captain Zanch
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. We would be honored to attend you at our hall in the Artisans neighborhood.
    Assuming he arrives...
    He is lead to a large table, where Narar Rafin rises to greet him. I am honored to have you here, Mr. Zanch. I've invited you here today to present you with an opportunity that you may find interesting: To join the Silversmith's Guild. Though we would likely be able to pay you a higher salary, that is obviously not the oppurtunity we are speaking about. The Guild employs a large number of Guards, with decent training and equipment. Your work with the Millford Standing Guard have given both you and the Guard a reputation across Heavensgate and even the entire city, as being one of the most professional and well-trained Guard in the city.
    If you were to enter our employment, we would give you the resources to replicate your success with the Millford Standing Guard on a wider scale, building your already sizable reputation as one of the finest captains in this city.

7. - Top - End - #697

Turn 13 Results
    June, 1033

The Sav Altulas Standard
    This Month's Surprise Twist: It Was All A Dream

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

The Gear's Chosen are rocked with doctrinal disputes this month, and take no actions.

The orcs of Tregon are paying all of their attention towards internal politics and construction.

The Fist of Neposh is continuing efforts to drive out the skin-walkers of the Upside Circle to the east of the city.

The Militia of Order and Justice is, slowly but surely, converting to worship of Neposh.

A massive SGA-backed industrialization effort somehow does not reach Blackfist and Gear's Chosen-controlled areas of the Smokeyards and Runner's City.

A counterattack by SGA and Champions forces has destroyed the Dreumont in Icy Mont, or at least all of those who are willing to admit they were Dreumont.

Blackfist morale plummets as the citizens who had been following them are told to throw out the anarchists or the new opportunities of the industrialization effort will never reach them. Of note is a personal appeal from King James to the people during a stirring speech that, while immediately called out as full of lies by Blackfist pamphleteers, has nevertheless stirred the populace against them.

Rumor has it that the blood mages of the Sausage Guild have almost killed themselves through exhaustion from working on some project deep underground.

Wallen-sponsored "Free People's Shops" open in Dogma, attracting unskilled workers with the promise of pay and instruction in a craft. Increased patrols by ESGE police and investigators prevents criminal factions from taking advantage of the ensuring rush of unskilled laborers to the neighborhood; meanwhile, membership of the Lodstrom Party increases.

A large armed conflict surrounding Gatehouse Prison ends with Blackfist and Order of the Wren forces retreating. Reports are sketchy at best, and rumors abound, but the deciding factor of the battle seems to have been that Ram troops occupying the structure let EBSA, House Wallen, Mercantile's Guild and Heladuit Court forces in through the front gate.

Lord Henry Wallen continues his period of study at the University, remaining a popular figure in the lecture halls.

A white-faced and slow-moving Engineer Sorenson ceremoniously lays the last brick in new Mercantile Guild fortifications in Stacks before passing out and being carried from the scene.

Large-scale arrests and raids by multiple factions are rumored to be focused on Blackfist intelligence cells in the city.

Mercantile Guild forts in the Shattered Lands are being peaceably occupied by the Wardens.

Gentlemen from a certain Esoteric Society have been spotted above Blacksgage and Lake Brecombe, strapped into some sort of personal flying device.

The ESGE-sponsored Center for the Arts in Dogma continues looking for up-and-coming artists and ancient masterpieces alike.

The Bookbinder's Guild has, at the behest of several parties in the city, published an assembled history of Sav Altulas.

Wardens once again patrol the streets of Pepperstoch.

Warden forces are fighting with Fallen Stars among the Pillars of God.

The Order of the Wren has begun recruiting from the criminals who have fled to their neighborhoods from Greycloak pursuit.

An armored shadow looms over Gaspar Aeroyard, bristling with weaponry.

Technist Guild agents are looking for something or someone called Morvac.

Captain Zanch of the Millford Standing Guard has announced he is transferring to help command Silversmith Guild forces.

Semi-intelligent birds from a Heladuit Court-sponsored project at Daimot University have taken to attacking people at random in the streets. General consensus from Heladuits interviewed by the Standard is that the project has, thus far, been a resounding success.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Blackfist Press
    1 from Bookbinder's Guild

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital last month.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Chosen Press
    4 from Bookbinder's Guild

Turn 14 Begins
    July, 1033
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dreadnought should be complete in the next two months. Just need a few finishing touches, and it's ready for deployment.

To the Gears Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are wondering if you have ever heard of the Great Inventor Morvec? We are currently attempting to find his vault, but we are willing to share the prize with fellow scientists.

To Lord Agent North
    Spoiler
    Show
    May we request why you are looking into rumors of Morvec? Perhaps we could work together if our aims converge?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 8)

EBSA:
    Spoiler
    Show

I apologize for the lies we have been telling for the past few months, as well as any harm this may have done you. I hope that you can see the good that was done through the deception, and are willing to renew our previous talks, for the good of the city.

James:
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you understand now, James, why I was silent earlier? The way to kill a pest is to rip out the heart. I became the heart of the pest, and ripped it out myself. While I still do not agree with your beliefs, will you renew our previous talks, to restore a government to the city, and finish ridding it of it's seedy underbelly?

SGA:
    Spoiler
    Show

I apologize for the damage our troops did in your territory, and would like to repay you. What can we do to repay you for the damages?

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #700
    Colossus in the Playground

The Hand departs the stage

"You have crushed our assets. We congratulate you on that.

You may think of us as terrorists, but we had the best in mind, for the people of the city. We'd like to think that some of it has been achieved. We stopped the blood sports, we gave the poor and the refugees of Dogma a new home in Fat Tippest. We brought justice to the most corrupt overseers.

But, most importantly, we showed you, all of you, two things: who of you is a competent leader, taking charge and making the tough decision. And who, when faced with conflict, will promise the world to both sides, just for the sake of his own power (funny thing, isn't it, James, that people no longer believe any of your promises).

The second, however, is the greater thing: we showed you what happens if you let the people down. If you breed poverty, poverty will breed violence. You defeated us by teaching and paying the poor and taking away our support. But remember this: if at any point you get complacent in your power, if you think you no longer need to respect the rights of your poorest citizens, that welfare needs to be sacrificed for stability and the prosperity of the rich, that justice can be bent to serve more expedient needs, that you no longer need fair wages, health and education for those who can not aford it? We will be back.

The hand is not five people and their followers. It is a glove, that fits whoever takes it up. It is a mantle of power, bestowed on those who have no other way to fight for their freedom. And you will never stop it.

The hand is eternal."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To the SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe it is time we talk. I believe you deserve an explanation. I am fully recovered from my injuries, and have no interest in dying beside the Blackfists.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vasari

Bloodhaven

''I announce transfer of my authority over Bloodhaven to Melissa Blaine, though I will remain on call in the hospital, should my skills be needed.''

Dr. Morden Vasari

Wardens [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would like to discuss with you certain things. Would it be possible to arrange a meeting in Scholar’s Compass?''

[Not a PM, regular conversation]

Blackfists [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Many things happened in my absence. I fear that you’ve been manipulated, used and made scapegoats. I won’t lie in that I find many things you did to be criminal or irresponsible, but I do believe your heart was in the right place, though it lacked in patience and burned with too much anger.''

''If you need something of me, you have but to ask, though I doubt I can deliver you from your end.''

''As a last request, would you entrust me with the Football games you’ve organized? I shall make sure, that they shall continue and man shall not be forced to slay man in the Harrowing Fields again.''

Verdan Contacts [PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show

Not certain if Contacts is PM message or not...

''I would like to order making of a custom mechanical arm - one with enhanced strength and built-in weapons, for a man of extraordinary strength. I shall supply full specifications of what weight and shape it should be to fit him.''

''Can you give me price estimate - for most expensive variant and a bit cheaper, but still high quality one.''

''I'm also interested in personal weaponry - something on par with Messenheiler in firepower and deadliness. Perhaps personal armor as well, the most expensive kind.''

SGA/Only [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''What has happened in the Prison? The Ram turned on their former allies?''

Mercantile Guild: ''Can you repay Exchange the credit owed?''

Great Ascott Lascelles

Heladuit Court, to Meredia Heladuit

My Dear Pet,

Your innocent ploy with the suit and the dress is such a charming gesture. It feels refreshing to experience such directness after the devious spiders and venomous snakes of the Sakel-Doge court. Heed my advice and focus on improving your performance, for you can’t hope to outplay me, when it comes to setting the stage and writing the lines.

Kisses for your dimples,
    Yours, a prideful playwright,
    Ascott Lascelles

Grand Announcement

''I, Great Ascott Lascelles shall embark on the great voyage of discovery, skulduggery and adventure. The world beckons me with its private places, like a blushing maiden luring the drunk gentlemen into the dark alley.''

''I will be needed a crew of desperate airmen, for whom I shall provide wages or should I fall short of coin, booze, and should I fall short of booze, my neck with some rope as a bonus. Join me and I shall share in the riches and plunder that awaits us.''

Esoteric Society of Gentlemen (Adventurers?)

''Now, I’ve heard you were some sort of society, which I have ascertained. I can’t say whether you are Esoteric, but that’s not really important, and you are most certainly Gentlemen. So coming to the point, are you Adventurers – the type to swing on burning ropes, holding to them with your teeth, so your hands would be free to shoot airship pirates, lured to the chests of plunder?''

''Or are you some sort of old folks who swap stories about your youthful adventurers by the fire with glasses full of wine, while your wives are doddering over your shoulders?''

''Because I’m in need for the first type for my grand voyage of discovery and adventure.''

University Board

''I, Great Ascott Lascelles request a grant in amount of [16] [WEL] to fund my expedition of discovery and adventure. All findings relevant to advancement of knowledge and magic shall be given to the Daimot University, once we return. I’ll take on board Mages to count insects and rocks for your fancy books.''

Bookbinders Guild

''You have heard my grand announcement. The tales of my voyage shall stretch the limits of imagination and rock the world of those unfortunate souls, locked in this city as in the cage. Your standards of quality are up to my tastes. As such I'm prepared to let you publish reports I shall send. If you can only send the advance payment of [2 WEL] to my quarters in the Opera Street.''

Technists Guild

''Say, Cogboys. When will this flying Jabberjack be ready to sail and how much liquor you can fit into its wine rooms? Because I shall need it for my grand voyage, where it will be tested against storms, terrible beasts and black-hearted men.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-22 at 10:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show

Has your research come to something?

Wardens to Vasari
    Spoiler
    Show

All right. When?

Wardens to SGA
    Spoiler
    Show

I can't help but to note that the reparations were not paid.

We will claim 1 p.Wealth of the industrialization project to settle this matter for good.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #704

NinjaGuy

It was morning, the next day of the Battle of the Prison. A crowd had gathered before Wallen Manor. Many of them were nobles, most of them belonging to Lodstrom Party. However, there were many Old Nobles, and people who apparently belonged to other factions.
    Security had been doubled ever since the troops came home.
    No word had come out of Wallen Manor yet, and the crowd was growing restless. They wanted to know what had happened.

Hearing the crowd, Lord Wallen, Madame Beteoui and Ser Wallenstein stepped in the ornate balcony at the front of the house.
    Lord Wallen was finely clothed, and it was apparent he was ready for this. It didn’t show too much, but the smartest noticed he probably hadn’t sleeped the night before: his eyes were red, and he spoke a little differently than normally.

Madame Beteoui, on the other hand; was shining.
    Dressed in her best clothes, she looked determined and calm.

Ser Wallenstein was strange, and he stood one or two steps back.

Lord Wallen spoke:
    “Good morning, friends of Sav Atulas! Now the time for the truth has come.
    I have waited a long time to tell you this, and I wish I could do it with happiness in my heart.

Yes, we have been allied with the Ram this past two months, and have been secretly preparing the RSA’s downfall with him.
    No, while we are their allies, we are not advocates of a full Democracy, but of a joint system between nobles and commoners that allows us to improve society while protecting tradition.
    We hope that now that this conflict is over, we will be able to properly rebuild the city’s government.

Our reasons for allying with the Ram are simple. We saw them as different from the other groups. The Ram has always been open to talk, even though we have not agreed every time. The others, not so much.

We believed we could find a way to convince them to come back and create a compromise, stopping the Blackfists in the process.
    And we were right.

But in the process we discovered a conspiracy so massive, so dark, so unexpected, that we were forced to act in the dark to stop it. Now that we are showing the true face of our alliance, the city must see who is the real enemy, the one who threatens it with conspiracies, murder, slavery and death!
    This is a long tale, so I ask for your patience.
    I will give the word to the Commander of the Lodstrom Party Guards, General Wallenstein.”

General Wallenstein stepped forward. He had shaved his beard and head (Which was normally considered a sign of atonement for the dwarven kind), and was humbly dressed. He appeared to be in great grief, and many knew he was depressed. Many whispered when Lord Wallen called him “General” instead of “Sir”

“Citizens of Sav Atulas: I come before ye to atone for a great sin.
    As a Sir, I had swore never to lie, and that I would always tell the truth. I must break that promise today, fer the good of the City. Henceforth, I shall not be called “Sir”, anymore. I renounce to all titles and honor, fer my word is forfeit.

I’ll begin my confession.

We had differences with him before, but we believed him when he said he wanted the best fer the city. He asked to talk with us two months ago, and since Lord Wallen was absent I went myself.
    The King was hesitant to talk, and I didn’t understand why. I encouraged him to, and foolishly made the promise that I’m breaking now.
    He told me… He told me he had been in league with the Wren fer a long time, and that he had planned for them to be in the RSA, as a means to show their true nature.

I remember his own words as if he had told me this yesterday. By the gods, I’m condemned.
    He said:

"The Wren has been my ally, my closest ally, for the past ten months. When the RSA formed, I asked him to take a leading role in it. To control them, such that they destroy themselves, while significantly damaging the SGA in the process."

"I think the SGA, with it's current leadership, is a danger to the city. I would see it remain, but remove it's most active political players; the Sausage Guild and Mercantile Guild."

"The plan, this week, was for the RSA to attack the Sausage Guild. The Wardens, on my request, are providing a distraction, luring SGA forces to 'defend' the Mercantile Guild. What few forces the Sausage Guild leaves will be easily crushed by the combined might of the RSA."

I felt confused at the time. As everyone knows by now, we knew where the attack was going, thanks to the Ram.
    I felt surprised by the King’s words against the SGA, who had been his allies fer a long time, and who have done more to get the city to its feet than I can say now.
    But I feared that such words were the result of bad advice, given to him by the dreaded Wren.
    I was also surprised to hear that the Wardens were also being used on his plans.

I was so shocked that, shame on me soul, I dropped that the SGA forces were going to be at the Merchant’s territory defending it… But he made it clear later that he thought that the attack was going to be against the Sausage Guild. Thank the gods I kept the numbers in me head.
    We already knew of the true nature of the attack thanks to the Ram.

That made me think that the Wren had deceived him to make us divide our forces, and I was tempted to tell him the truth about us and the Ram, and ask him to help us against the RSA. But, thank the gods, I somehow didn’t trust him completely and kept myself silent in that regard.
    After what I had seen, and what I knew about him, I was sure that the only way to show him the true nature of his ally was by concrete evidence.

Now I must ask the Sausage Guild for forgiveness. As bad as my word is, I swear that I didn’t have bad will against ye, and that I knew ye would be safe.
    I thank you again publicly. Despite my plans and all, ye were the ones who saved the day at the Stacks.
    I will always be grateful fer that.

So, I agreed to let the SGA forces stay at the Stacks (Supposedly leaving the Sausage open fer an attack that I knew wasn’t going that way), and I asked King James to help in the event of an attack on the Stacks.
    If he knew of the true nature of the attack, he didn’t show it then.
    He swore to send help, however.

I still believed he was being misled then.
    Until the day of the battle of the Stacks, I believed him.
    The events of that day are known to everyone. The RSA came, and we resisted.

But now I confess that when I received the reports of troops marching through his territory, I panicked. I thought they were going to kill James.

Can you imagine me surprise when I heard that the southern column passed right through his territory without as much as breaking a window; with no opposition, right into Merchant’s territory?
    Can you imagine what I thought when I saw that no allies came from James’s camp, but enemies?
    By the gods, I was this close to challenge him to a duel last month. But me duty demanded otherwise.

Why am I doing this? Because this City is my duty. Because the true nature of the Ram and James had to come to the light. Because secrecy was necessary to finish the war against the RSA.

And because we were betrayed.

He created the RSA. He forced the Ram into it, and sent his ally the Wren in. Without James, the Blackfist and Gear’s would have been alone in this, and may have never allied.
    He planned for the RSA to attack the SGA, and he either was misinformed on their course of action, or he deliberately misled me in the hope of getting the Merchants with their guard down.
    He promised to send help if the RSA attacked and didn’t.
    He allowed the enemy to go through his territory.
    Despite his words, he has never taken an active part in the fight against the anarchists he claimed to hate. If anything, he made them stronger by allowing them to form an alliance.
    He has worked to prevent a compromise that could be the biggest political breakthrough the world has had in centuries.

I may look like a fool, but deep down I am no fool. There is no way that all those things have happened, no way for those soldiers to pass through Jamestown without him knowing, and approving.
    Otherwise, he is a fool.

And so, I finish my confession. Lord Wallen and the Party have asked me to remain as the Commander of the Lodstrom Guard, and despite my shortcomings. I will.
    I declare myself publicly guilty of perjury, and I’m ready to accept the punishment that the Law and the society feel is fit for me. I am your humble servant.“

And so, General Wallenstein fell silent, and walked back.
    Tears were falling down his eyes.

Lord Wallen took word again:
    “We are nothing but are pawns, my fellow citizens. That is how James sees us. He had planned to dispose of the Merchants and Sausage Guild, two of his closest allies.

I know his type. By the gods, my own father was one of them!

And the most important thing, my friends… No. (He took a small pause) The ONLY important thing about people like that, is that they never stop. They are drunk with power. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence to them. No matter how much power they get, they want more.

It doesn’t matter if they have to divide governments, start race riots and destroy their allies, it doesn’t matter if they have to create an alliance with thieves and murderers to do it. It’s all about power.

I realize I may not live long after saying this words. I have too many enemies. But I’m doing this because this has to stop now.
    How many lives do you need, James? After the Merchants and Sausage, who came next in your plan? Javier Heladuit? The Warden? Lord Founder? Doctor Vassari? Me?

No, my fellow citizens and friends. We have had enough Desouis, enough rulers who think that disposing of anyone who thinks differently than them, even if they are faithful allies, is the right way to go. We need to change, and the change begins now.

We are accusing the so-called king James I of High Treason, Conspiracy to Murder, and Illicit Society.
    The accusations have already been filed in the EBSA, with the full report of everything we know on the matter.
    We ask all factions of the city to unite on this. We must have true justice for the victims of the Battle of the Stacks.

Unlike General Wallenstein, I am a fool. A big fool. I once considered James to be a friend and ally, one who could understand both the pledge of the common citizens as well as the nobles for a better tomorrow.
    I kept that idea, against all common sense.
    This past few months have been a painful lesson, one that I will carry my whole life.

I withdraw my support to James claim to the Crown. Lodstrom Party stands with me in this matter.

I ask all factions across town to do the same.

Is this the man who must rule us? Are we to walk again in the den of slavery? Are we to change Desoui for a different face, but leave everything as it was?”

Lord Wallen walked back, leaving the balcony open.

Madame Beteoui approached the balcony, and spoke the last.
    “This crisis has showed the weakness of the current system of government. The Council was effective in stopping the Librarian, but we have proved to be unreliable in the long term. I would like to propose for a special meeting in Palace, open to all factions.
    The government must reform, or fall down.

Thank you for coming here. We are tired, and must withdraw to plan for the changes that are sure to come once word of this gets to the street. I thank you for coming.“

To EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    ” We are accusing the so-called king James I of High Treason, Conspiracy to Murder, and Illicit Society.
    We send you the full report of our knowledge on this matter.

Signed, (The most important members of Lodstom Party)”
    (Along with the letter, are transcripts of PM talks with James, as well as letters. The more incriminating ones are originals, and many of them are copies with an offer to send the originals to the EBSA should they be requested)
    OOC: I grant the EBSA access to my previous communications with James for the matter of the legal actions taken against them.

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    And so, the secret is unveiled. Now you know why I didn't wish to invite James to the Talks.

I request your support for the accusations, given that he was targeting our members and attempting to dominate us.

I believe we need to form a new alliance.
    We need to separate the Wardens from James (And I strongly advice to give them the payment. Maybe we can blame James, who said he was going to pay and then didn't).

We should make peace with the Gears if possible.

And about the Wren... They are James's lackies, and the ones who directed the RSA against us. If we let them be, they will be more dangerous than the Blackfists ever were.
    They are recruiting criminals already, preparing for war against us.
    If anything, they should disband their spy network to diminish their power.

I propose that the Ram is given a full pardon on our regard (He WAS working with me, after all). We should support them against the Wren.

To Doctor Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    My dear Doctor, I'm glad you are back in town. We had a little thunderstorm around here, and I believe the worst is yet to come.

I'm glad you are back, for you are much needed.

I hope to hear your feedback on the situation, because we need to reorganize the City and its government.

To the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, we are in need of money. How much are you willing to lend us next month, and to what rate? We offer 5 Wealth payments every month until the loan is repaid.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-12-22 at 11:55 AM.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

After the Battle

Captain Rargo watched grimfaced as Greycloaked bodies were slowly pulled from the mass of dead and wounded, and slowly lined up, awaiting to be brought to their families for burial. Veterans and new recruits alike lie next to each other, though they all looked the same with their iconic garb draped over them as make-shift burial shrouds. More than one tear was shed as comrades found friends and brothers among the line.

The slim, robed form of Consul Blizzardmarch came up behind the tall man, and surveyed the scene. "It seems that the force used by Lord Wallen was not sufficient to keep the enemy from breaking through"

The Captain turned, and removed his helmet slowly, allowing the cool wind to blow about his sweat matted hair. He spared only a momentary glance over his shoulder again at the row before nodding "Indeed. Our boys were trained to protect, and stop criminals... not fight pitched battles in the streets. This is the second conflict where they have gone above the call..."

The elf nodded "... and many payed the ultimate price. My friend..." Rargo blinked at the unusual amount of emotion in the usual stoic consul "Hopefully they have not given their lives in vain."

"They better not have" the Captain strode away, barking orders and forming his men up as best as possible. He whispered to himself as they marched away from the gates of the prison "They better not have..."

Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Understood. We shall allow James to formulate a rebuttal before we start any trial process. We shall also attend the process to create a new government.

Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    There will still have to be a trial, and an investigation. If what you say is true, and your actions are true, there is nothing to fear.

King James
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have been accused of treason towards the city and its people. We will allow you a public or private rebuttal before any trial process is started.

Wren and Blackfist Leadership
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you turn yourselves into EBSA custody, we assure that you will receive a fair trial. We wish to stop any further bloodshed in the streets of Sav Altuas. Lawyers can either be bought by you, or provided for by our legal department.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #706

To the EBSA, and also public

"You seem to be getting things wrong. Quite a few of them.

-We don't have a leadership. We have members that are more public than others, nothing more. Ergo, you have no one to accuse.

-We have not committed anything that we would call a crime. The people we killed were tried by a jury in the arena. Ergo, you have nothing to accuse us of.

-As of today, there is no Blackfist. The Hand is dissolved and the mantles of the fingers are unbound. They will invest themselves into new champions when it should become necessary, to become a new hand and a new Blackfist, if the oppression returns. But the organisation you destroyed does not exist anymore. Ergo, the organisation you wish to talk to is no longer around.

-Should you wish to accuse the Fingers themselves, then again, we can only say this: they no longer exist. The hand is eternal, but it has left the world, for a while."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-12-22 at 01:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707

NinjaGuy

Battle aftermath

Lieutenant Morris sighed.
    He was putting to rest the bodies of the slain. Most were enemies, but he separated some greycloacks, and many friends form Lodstrom Watch.

He almost cried when he saw Tall Eddie.

"We were going playing dices every friday... I owed him 5 gold pieces."
    (He shed a tear)

"*****, the bosses weren't so clever this time. They should have put more men in the back line"

"How is that, boy?"

The Lieutenant turned back, and went pale as he saw Ser Wallenstein, and his staff close by. His leader had heard him complaining, even though he was talking to no one.

"Ehem... Sir... I..."

"No matter, Lieutenant. I am not a perfect Dwarf; in fact I'm more flawed than most people think.

I expected more resistance in the beggining of the fight. Every time I lose men in battle, I feel sad because it was my decission the one who ended their lives.

But such is the way of war."

"But Sir, was this... War? fighting in our own town, our own streets, against these poor ******?"

"Watch the language, lad. And yes. This was a Civil War, and they are normally the most painful.

You're Lt Morris, right?"

"Yes sir."

"I remember you from the Stacks. The leader of the Dragoon diversion force. Quite a battle you gave us that day. Where are you from?"

"I'm living in the guardhouse in Gleamers, Sir. But I'm originally from Dogma. My mom lived there too, sir. Died right before the Sorceress, sir."

Ser Wallenstein gave a small smile.
    "Was I like this when I had his age? Ney, I was shorter" (He laughed athis own joke) "A lot will be known from tomorrow on. Perhaps I can stil do something worthwhile in this city."

"Well, Lieutenant, when you are in command you will have to make decissions, and sometimes those decissions will be wrong. When they are, your men will suffer for it.

See, I expected a stronger resistance than we had, and that's why I made the first force so big. the plan depended in us having the higher ground.

It didn't work entirely as we expected, but it worked.

I promise you, that this will not be for nothing.

My promises may not be worth mch, but they are still promises. Carry on."

Ser Wallenstein and his staff left. Lieutenant Morris watched them walk at sundown, and saw them aproach the Greycloak bosses.

"I wonder what he meant by that last thing" He tought.

He understood next day.

18. - Top - End - #708

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Narar Rafin is back in the Commerce Hall, with bags under his eyes from a large lack of sleep. First...First I would like to thank you, Lord Wallen. You have been the greatest friend that the SGA could ever have. If you ever need aid, please feel free to call on us.
    And now, we must look to the future -- what is there that needs to be done. I would vote to give the Wardens the [1] p. wealth they requested, and keep the other [2] p. wealth for SGA central.
    I would agree that, right now, James is the biggest enemy that the SGA, and the city itself, has. I think we should invite the Wren to these talks, to see if James retains him as an ally, or otherwise.

19. - Top - End - #709

Blackfist Addendum:

"We would just like to make one closing statement:

Haha, James."

20. - Top - End - #710

Church of Neposh

To Ascott Lascelles
    Spoiler
    Show

Richard Hearthfeather comes to the doctor
    I would like to join your great journey, and I can get the church to donate 3 WEL to the cause. I have a lot of experience in battle and am more than willing to give my life. Would you take me?

Public

There have been some rumors that the necromancers in the mednicant fields are returning. While this is still only rumors, the Church has been building catacombs in Oldtown. We would like to offer space to the public for burying their dead. The church will make sure their bodies are not defiled and their spirits have a restful afterlife.

Also, if the rumors of necromancers become true and are ever to much for the grave guard to handle, the church will be there to remove the evil.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2012-12-23 at 09:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt Rosen To Ascott Lascelles

The SAS Iroquois should be finished in the next month or two. Have to improve the speed, and several of the other systems. As for wine rooms, well we haven't incudled any. Because, to put it simply, adding any non-essential weight to the Airship is NOT a good idea. We also have a use for it, and plan on leaving as soon as we aquire the location. If you would like to commison a airship, please send a letter, and we'll dicuss prices.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

22. - Top - End - #712

NinjaGuy

To Technist guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    On a quick question, our soldiers saw you had some interesting weapons in the Stacks a few months back. Would you be up to sell us some?

How are your payment plans and how much would they cost?

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking to buy Firearms IV from you, if possible.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution (D ESP 8)

Constantine Richter gave his speech the day after the battle, on the steps of Parliament. "As is now well known by the city, the government of the Revolution has been in league with House Wallen for several months. To further this aims of this alliance, I am sad to announce that I have had to lie to you, the very people I swore to serve. Now, however, you can see the results of those lies, and I ask you, my people, was it worth it? The streets are free from the anarchists, the Order of the Wren, that horrid gang of the Waterfronts, is beaten back. You are safe, and all is to be laid bare. The EBSA will be investigating all the goings on of the RSA, and the Revolution will be freely opening it's records to them along those lines. The truth MUST win out.

And yet, there is more than one truth that has been hidden in this mess. One darker, and more dangerous than the Blackfists had ever been. "King" James, Council member, former friend of the revolution, and someone I had thought to be a rather upstanding citizen, has been revealed by General Wallenstein to be a traitor of the city! James, a man who has accused countless innocent men, myself included, of trying to cease power illegally, has been in consorts with gangs, working to subvert the sovereign guilds of the city, and attempting bring destruction to Runner's City, to your homes! He is little more than the scum he claimed to fight, and I pledge to each and every person who has placed their trust in me that I will see him brought to justice for his crimes.

EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. We will provide you with any information you wish for your investigation.

Also, would you be averse the the Revolution taking temporary control of those parts of Runners City previously owned by the Blackfists - Downline, Deadman's Hill, and the Harrowing Fields? We would provide the people of these neighborhoods a stable government, and allow them to begin repairing the damage done by the anarchists. We will also be willing to grant you control over the prison at a time of your choice.

Technists:
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to begin payments for blackpowder weaponry this month, if possible. Would 2 WEL this month and 3 next be acceptable?

Wallen:
    Spoiler
    Show

With the fist breaking apart, and James accused of treason, I think it may be time to open up talks of our constitution again. What do you say?

People of Deadman's Hill and Downline:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Revolution has thrown off the anarchists who oppressed you. You have seen the good we have done for the people of the Imperial Third, Pisser's Kingdom, Rot's Borough and the Pits. We would offer you the opportunity to become the next member of the Revolution.

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #714

Ascott Lascelles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hah! My freind, you make us an offer we simply cannot refuse. The gentlemen are fairly chomping, I say chomping at the bit for a grand adventure such that you propose, and that is no large exaggeration, if I say so myself.

I am afraid our own Lord Pontiss will be unable to participate. The fool has taken it into his head to write a book, of all things. Still, I suppose one must indulge one's fancies now and again, eh?

Indeed, it would be quite entertaining to try our brand new flying devices off an airship. That is surely something I must try.

I must warn you against the Technists' airship, as an unmagical armored airship is simply not within the realm of possibility. I imagine it could be done with magic, and a great deal, but not solely mechanically.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

"These bastards deserved what they got..."General Brador muttered, seeing a pocket of Blackfist and Wren dead, surveying the carnage wrought during the battle for the Prison. Though he didnt participate in this battle himself, having been busy in battle against the Druemont, he had nonetheless decided to come and see the results of the battle.

He winced as he saw atleast a dozen soldiers, from the Helauduit Court and even a few of his own soldiers, came marching by, heading to the main camp that had been erected outside the walls. They all bore severe burns across their faces and arms. Probably those damn electrified defenses put in place by the Chosen a few months back.

Coming upon the familiar sight of a soldier laying to rest the bodies of comrades and old friends, the General stopped and watched for a moment. Hell, I suppose its the least I can do. He thought, moving up to the soldier. A lieutenant of the Lodstrom Party, if he remembered what he had learned about House Wallen military strucure correctly.

"I see the rumours were not exaggerated. Would you like some help there friend?" He asked the man, feeling guilty for not having aided in the siege of the Prison.

Public Announcement
    Spoiler
    Show
    In order to satisfy this fit of wanderlust that has recently come over me, I have decided to accompany the Great Ascott Lescelles on his journey. During my temporary leave of absence, I will be leaving my assistant, Reginald Pax, in charge of the Guild. He has been with me since the beginning and I have faith he will not destroy the Guild while I am away.

-The Trader

[Anyone remember where I got Reginald Pax? I seem to recall stealing the name from another TW, but I cant recall which.]

Ascott Lescelles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though I am no fighter, airman or anything of the sort, I have been getting the urge to see more of the world these last few months, after my Meralldon trip. Would you accept my offer of accompanying you? As a merchant, I can do 3 things for you; I am learned in many different tongues and could serve as an interprator or a diplomat whenever it is needed, use my world-wide network of contacts as well as dip into my own personal coin purse to pay the crew.

-The Trader

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I agree that [1 WEL] should be granted to the Wardens. They seemed to have kept their end of the deal seeing as how the Guild still stands." the old man said to the assembled members of the SGA. Despite having represented the Mercantile's Guild interests at most SGA meetings over the past year or so, he seemed to have grown older these last few months in particular. He would just roll his eyes and sigh once he got news of the accusations against King James.

"I always knew that man was a traitor, ever since he orchestrated the very first Warden assault."

"I support a pardon of the Rams Revolution on the condition they actually hold up their offer of compensation for damages caused during the battle."

"As too the Wren and the Gears-Chosen, I will make it clear that I dont trust either of them, but I will look past my prejudices."

Dr Vasiri: What is the amount requested by the Exchange? I will see what I can do, depending on the amount.

SGA to Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortuanatly, the damage in the Stocks was not too severe. However, I suppose there was some. How about just sending up a work-crew and and a small bit of coin my way this month? Chief-Engineer Sorenson can direct them in reconstruction efforts.

I do appreciate the offer, and would support a full pardon should this deal actually go through.

OOC: I was thinking 2-3 WEL and 3-4 Morale temporarilly transferred to me? Just a 1 turn deal.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

SGA:
    Spoiler
    Show

If it can heal the bad blood between us, I would be glad to accept that deal.

(I'll send 3 WEL and 3 MOR to the Mercantile Guild this turn. I assume that no one else in the SGA has a problem with the deal?)

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #717

NinjaGuy

To Great Ascott Lascelles [Public]
    "Lad, I want to get out of the city just for a li'l while.

How long would this adventure be? I can't bring much with me, but I want to get out and do some good for a change.

General Wallenstein."

To the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show
    “I am open to hear your offer, and your explanation regarding the attacks.

I hope it’s a good one.”

To SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m glad to see there’s consense on the Wardens issue.
    On the Blackfist neighbourhoods; I know that the Ram has asked for them. Technically the industrialization process hasn’t worked; I’m sending a joint proposal to all.

I'll ask the Wren to explain his position, given that there is consense here about negotiating with him.

To SGA, Ram, EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a direct proposal, meant to generate a consense on the Blackfist’s former territories to prevent infighting.
    1 – The Prison and its neighbourhood should be given to the EBSA to run, to have a viable legal system.
    2 – The Ram should agree to make reparations to the Merchants, if they haven’t done so already.
    3 – Final portion of my proposal: We collaborate in stabilizing the Blackfist’s former neighbourhoods to prevent riots this month; and we run a short campaign. The EBSA will make a list of all the adult neighbourhood residents.
    Next month, it’s election day. They can choose to be run by any of the factions that are a part of the SGA, or the Ram.

To the Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree that a constitution is to be our objective. But the last developments have brought too much troubles.
    I believe we need to stabilize the situation first. We need to see the result of the accusations against James (At least in the short term); and reorganize the provisional government.

I don’t know what you think, but we are tired of being unable to do things through the proper channels.
    For now, let’s negotiate and get to an agreement. Better times will come.

To Bloodhaven [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I realize that City Politics may b a burden to you, but would you be willing to meet for a priveate audience?

Madame Beteoui

After the Battle
    "Sure" Lieutenant Morris said.

"When did this day become "Meet the Officer's day?". I'll never believe my luck."

"Is it... General Brador, Sir?" He asked, while lifting a broken helmet and throwing it to a pile.

"Hell of a battle we had here, Sir. I heard something of an elven problem... Hiow are you?"

"How are you?? Really, Morris? what's wrong with you?"
    He thought.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren

To Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is this an invitation to speak with you, or with the SGA? It was they I sent my message to.

Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-12-23 at 08:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty

On accusations:

"I am...astonished House Wallen would say such lies about me, but I suppose it is my fault. We spoke two months ago, and in what I thought was an honest environment it appears I said too much."

"We did discuss the Wren, briefly. The Wren had told me before the meeting that the RSA intended to attack the Mercantile Guild. I was unsure their information could be trusted, so brought the matter to House Wallen for discussion. It did not take long; it seemed Ser Wallenstein's mind was already set on defending the Guild, so we left it at that."

"What we talked about in more length, was politics. I have always been an opponent of the idea of this house of 'commons'. I thought the Ram would be defeated in this conflict, and if I could only convince House Wallen, then the House of Commons would have no support."

"The meeting ended before we could reach an agreement, the discussion not really getting anywhere. I was very strong in my stance, and it seems that was a mistake. When Ser Wallenstein left the meeting, I suspected he might have been hiding something, but we had both sworn to be honest with each other, so I did not think of it."

"And now, two months later, House Wallen levels an accusation at me, that if proven true would destroy my public legitimacy. The Ram and House Wallen form the new government without us, free to introduce as much democracy as they please."

"I am surprised House Wallen would use these sort of methods, but I suppose I simply misjudged their character. I respect a man who fights so strongly for their ideals, but in this case they have gone too far. I hope these accusations are disproved quickly, before they cause any more unnecessary strife in the city."

City Meeting:

A representative of the Champions of Sovereignty arrives at the meeting at the palace.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-23 at 09:15 AM.

30. - Top - End - #720

NinjaGuy

To the Wren (copy sent to SGA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the message did come from me. Some Lodstrom Party associates are members of the SGA, and we have been their allies in this matter. And we wanted to know what explanations you had.

I find it hard to believe that the Bane of Redeye is this, but that is the evidence I have right now.

I hope you are taking your own responsability on the death of your men seriously.

You came to war against us, what were we supposed to do?
    How different would it have been, should you and the Blackfist succeed in taking the Stacks?

Yes, we fought the war. We killed your men, the Blackfists men, and many others. We have lost men too.

But it's hardly our responsability alone. We didn't enjoy what we did.
    We did everything for the good of the City.

To the Champions (public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So, we lie. That is your answer.

Do you deny to have conspired against the Merchants? Did the Wren not steer the RSA to attack them on your behalf? Did you not point to the Sausage first, attempting to generate confussion?

Even if that was true, and we were mistaken; what should be say of a King that allows an enemy to pass through his lands and leaves his allies unnatended? A King who doesn't act to help and protect them?

A rightful King is not just made of blood. His actions should speak for them.
    What does your actions say? Breaker of pacts, betrayer of friends, conspirator?

Our methods were violent but decisive. But we defeated the Hand without you.

No, even more. We defeated the Hand despite you.
    You had no real interest to stop them, so long they gave you an excuse to gain power.

It requires more than words to prove something, James.
    What evidence do you have that you were going to stop the RSA? When did you rally your allies? How many battles against them have you won? How many of your men died fighting them?

Say what you will of General Wallenstein. He has forfeited his position, and is willing to accept the punishment for it.

It brought him great pain, but he did it gladly for the City.

And we will see that his sacrifice is not in vain.

And finally; do you think this is about politics? No, it's not. Lodstrom Party has many disagreements; both with the Merchants and the Ram.

We have even more disagreements with Lord Founder and his companions.

Yet, we have not done or said a thing against them. Why? We'll give you a hint: It's not politics

It's because, despite our differences, they never tried to butcher a neighbourhood to gain power.

We will wait for the trial. The truth must be told."