New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Public Letter to ESGE
    Oh, of course. And I guess you had nothing to do with Matoff's doings in the last few months; that you knew nothing of James's return.

You were obvlivious of the magical force that was attacking the minds of your fellow nobles.

I'm sure the emmisary he sent to Matoff a month or two ago said nothing of the sort. Oh, no.
    And that party you had with the rest of the aristocracy that Henrt and his group were not invited to had no talks of this whatsoever, oh no.

But this discussion is useless. Come, we'll be waiting.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, this is Orville talking.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2013-02-17 at 06:01 PM.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild to the Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not pleased that you decided to destroy Metro at all even if only in part. But we are willing to recognize that you did not intend to attack us directly.

As recompense we ask that you aid us in destroying whoever broke the Brecombe dam, as they clearly do not have the cities best interests at heart.

The Sausage Guild to the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    We ask if you are willing to help us in locating and eradicating whoever destroyed part of the Brecombe Dam. The flood is seriously undermining the city, and we cannot repair the damage if we are constantly worrying that whoever the culprit is will strike again.

The Sausage Guild to the SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We ask that the members of the SGA put bygones behind us and ally with the Wardens and King James. We know that there has been some enmity between the SGA and them in the past, but now is not the time to continue it. As a new enemy has arisen. The Heladuits last month demonstrated their animosity, and this month some unknown party has destroyed the Brecombe lake dam, seriously threatening the literal foundations of Sav Altulas. These two threats must be dealt with swiftly and directly.

To the EGSE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We ask that you provide us any information you may have as to who was working on the Brecombe Lake Dam, as well as allowing our inspectors through to analysis the damage and begin repairs.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

The reasoning was to prevent the Ram from using them as transport - we only intended to block the entrances in Ram territory until we had cleared it out.

We'll help defeat whoever sabotaged the dam, of course. It is a danger to the entire City.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #1204

ESGE

To Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are some pumps attached to the tunnels under the university that we put there to clear them out when we were restoring the university, but other than that we haven't really dealt with the tunnels much at all. As nearly all of my organisation was involved in Dogma at the time I don't really know who could have "broken the dam." Could have happened during James and the Wren's siege of eastern Sky?
    Let's see, the Technists mentioned redirecting the river, though they're gone now. Perhaps the Heladuits? They have been known to be not exactly logical, and I have heard rumors of Heladuits in blacksgage.
    I'd be happy to lend some [ESP] to find out. If what you say is true, whoever it was was probably in my territory.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

On Mad Heladuits

So, Mad Heladuit floods the city. I am awed at the scope of devastating you inflict on Sav Altulus. I would guess the contents of those messages would involve calling our enemies upon us.

On Masons Guild

Dr. Vasari: The Masons Guild henceforth shall be under my protection and guidance.

Masons Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly. I’ll do what I can to protect your interests.

Arcanan Contacts/Sausage Guild [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you possess any Hydromantic spells, that can assist our mages in remedying the following situation [describe Lake Brecombe & tunnel flooding]. If yes what options are there (from simply pushing water back to controlling the Lake at large).

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

On King & Wardens

Well, I hold no animosity, beyond concerns, of what effect their rule would have on commerce. Will the Traitor’s Bridge be taken from Mercantile Guild? Will crippling taxes and tariffs be imposed? Will our territories and goods be secure from seizures?

I do feel we owe a certain debt to Lord Wallen, for his help against RSA, but I fear we can do little for him in this situation.

On Heladuits

Two threats? You mean Heladutis and Heladuits? They are certainly twofaced. Who would flood your tunnels, but them. As you said – they had a plan to repel the attack and assuming you’d be part of it, they executed it.

Wild Mages/Sausage Guild (6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is everything okay? What’s with the lights and vibrations?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-17 at 08:04 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #1206

ESGE

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it appears we have found the culprit. Those Heladuits are a disgrace to the nobility of this city, despite their excellent fashion.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

Rot's Borough
    Constantine takes a break from the writing of several missives, and looks out the window of the office of Parliament that had become his house. His real home had been in the Pits, and over the past months, had been burned down, electrified, invaded, and occupied by a military dictatorship. You could still see smoke and occasional crackles coming from that direction, though the smoke was more often from funeral pyres than electrical fires these days. Needless to say, it hadn't been a good summer, and fall was looking worse. In his head, Constantine was cursing everyone - Marcus Heladuit, James, the entirety of the Warden's and Gear's Chosen. His anger satisfied, he decides to finish the missives later, and heads out to handle some other business. he grabs his pistol - it's not safe to walk around unarmed, as attacks could happen at any moment - and left the room to continue to help organize the defense.

Constantine is still greeted warmly in the streets, though with less celebration. The people are respectful, but the cheers that used to accompany his public showings were gone. There was nothing left to be cheerful about - The few people on the street were soot covered, cut up, and clearly hungry. Only a few months ago, things had been looking so good. People had food, there were new jobs, and the electrical wonders of the Gear's Chosen had brightened peoples nights and warmed their bodies. Now they were worse than when he had come into office and begun his revolution.

He gave a few speeches as he toured the front lines. They were the standard lies - how it's still possible to win, how the Wardens are scared after what has happened in the Imperial Third, how each one of them was worth 10 of the Wardens. He didn't remember any of them. The soldiers cheered at the right parts, desperately trying to believe the words. Then Constantine would shake a few hands and walk on, trying to keep a calm, reassuring smile on his face.

Touring the lines took a terrifyingly short time. within 2 hours, Constantine was back in his quarters. He finished off his messages, and looks out the window again. "Well, we tried. We almost had it too. We were just too early, I guess. The people weren't ready. I hope they write something good about me in the history books..." His mind wanders as he tries to enjoy the break in the attacks. His mind wanders, wondering how Krodok fairs in the Imperial Third...

Imperial Third
    Krodok looks around at his men. Nearly all had bandages, though they seemed to have kept their morale. Holding off the largest army in the city can do that to an army. They were digging in now, hoping to hold out as long as they can. While they realized the hopelessness of their situation, they were the core of the revolutionary army - those without skill and resolve had been killed off or deserted by now. They were determined to give a good show however - to make the Warden's always remember this battle.

Go Tigers!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

General Brador looked out over the city from a Guild watchtower built during the recent RSA crisis. Smoke filled the sky over in Runners City. Those damn Wardens and the Rams Revolution were fighting over in that area. It was not just Runners City that war had come too. The Helauduits and Silversmiths still squabbled(though it had recently escalated to involve the entire SGA) and "King" James and the snake knon as the Wren had finally taken the battle to Lord Wallen, his biggest enemy amongst the nobles. I need a vacation, He murmured. Shaking his head at the stupidity of the people in this city.

General Rhodarmer[Internal PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it seems we may get our revenge on James sooner than expected if he is bringing himself to us. I will be trying to get the SGA to see reason and support a war against them, but our resources are stretched thin at the moment so a war won't likely happen for another month or two. In the meantime, I recommend we bide our time and buildup.

Warlord Contacts[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What can they tell me about the current state of affairs in Gregoria? Is it unguarded since King James brought the Gregorian army to Sav Altulas? Any economic issues to take advantage of?

SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am willing to put aside my differences with King James and the Wardens in light of this current crisis.

Though I agree with Bloodhaven that we should provide some aid to Lord Wallen for his aid over the past months. Maybe not soldiers or military supplies but there must be some way to help them.

Orcs of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your going rate? I think I have a contract for you.

GM[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    How far are the ruined cities in the Shattered Lands from the trade routes? Specifically, Orn Durmtarg or whatever its named(not Orn Telengrad but the other). I think I may try and make it into a sort of fortress for me just in case things go downhill even further.

What was the price for a large airship designed for war? I asked on the first turn but can't remember what the answer was.

You said General Rhodarmer will be building up his forces on his own. What kind of stat-cap does he have?
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2013-02-21 at 07:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Underdocks

Dr. Vasari: I’d like to confirm my control of the Underdocks, to prevent any unnecessary confusion.

Wardens

I’d like to inquire, if you’ve placed the symbols of Talidor on the walls of the Military District?

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technist Guild: I’m curious as to your findings in Orn Telengrad. Would you regale us this tale of adventure?

House Laurier [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Lord Laurier. I would like to discuss three issues.''

''First, I’ve sent inquiries to Downline to confirm the situation. A magical disaster this close to Lomb Circle or it simply provoking riots, that may extend to you would very unpleasant. I fear the issue is contamination of the water with Wild Magic, which may lead to very unpleasant consequences. I shall work to make certain House Laurier doesn’t suffer the worst of it.''

''Second, as you know I control Icy Mont and Frostcap neighbourhoods, enclaves of Elsinir culture in the city. If we cooperate, I’m certain you’ll have the trade with Elsinir grow.''

[I’m interested in getting access to Elsinir Contacts, while Laurier will get more [WEL] from people in Triphage Untima buying objects of Ice Elf culture & maintaining contacts.]

''This is a time of great opportunities for your House, threats of Wild Magic notwithstanding. I’m one step away from controlling all of this city’s entertainment. Breads & Circuses for the masses. High culture for the nobles, and something in between for the middle class. You must see value in such arrangements. Are you interested? I would need a bit of additional resources to complete it as well, as your patronage – these are troubled times, what if somebody decided to take control of the Harrowing Fields by force of arms or chop off my head? I’ll be frank, I’m unnerved by all this fighting and if House Laurier could indicate to the city, that you would come to defence of Bloodhaven, I’m certain, it would serve to deter any violence.''

''You have contacts and relatives in foreign lands – would you happen to know, what messages Heladuits are sending there?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Colossus in the Playground

Orcs of Tregon to the Mercantile Guild [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    [1 t.wealth] for [1 military] for one month is the current rate. But if you want to hire us now, you will have to pay more than our current employers. We can offer [10 military] for sale, negotiations are going on for all of it for the next month and likely after that again.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Bloodhaven

I do believe it was your job to decorate what we build. It isn't as though we know what sort of symbols old Talidor used.

As for the Underdocks, your man said the arrangement is temporary until our patrols return. Said patrols should be returning shortly, so I think there should be no trouble for your withdrawal.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wardens

Ah, of course, how silly of me. I will arrange for the craftsmen to add the symbols right away.

As for Underdocks, as Mage Adelberd's superior, I'm overturning his decision to cede the Underdocks to you. I apologize for this mis-communication, though you must certainly have a fair share of field commanders making snap decisions on the battlefield and then having HQ correct them, after they are appraised of the situation. As such I hope you will treat this issue with understanding.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-18 at 07:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

The man clad in dark armour, overlaid with the purple heraldry that the order wore, stood in the streets of Dai, once the domain of House Wallen, now patrolled by a mix of Order footsoldiers, and Kings men. Around the man, a crowd gathers, some of whom are furiously writing, some clank as they try to keep their stolen silverware hidden.

The Wren, now shown to be a man approaching middle age, with dark greying hair, and a strong bearing, raises his mail covered arms as he speaks to the crowd. "People of Sav Altulas! I have returned. I left, to allow you to experience the rule of the 'Lord Protector' Wallen. "

"He promised this city democracy, and an Assembly. He instead followed the path of the Sorceress, growing paranoid, jumping at shadows, and attempting to purge the nobility of all dissent from his 'glorious regime'. His 'political theory' spoke of balance between nobles and commoners. He said the nobility would be represented in a 'House of Lords'. Tell me, who would be in this House? Lord Founder? Lord Matoff? Arrested! For the crime of disagreeing with Wallen. "

"Naked ambition. That is all this scheme ever was. Naked Ambition. That is not the city we shall build. Not a temple to one man and his envy and greed. The foundation of this city will be Honour! Oath! Blood!" He punctuates each word by hitting a gauntleted fist into his open palm. "Let it be known throughout the city. The Lord Protector has fallen, and the King has returned. "
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-02-18 at 10:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Sausage Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not sure what I'll need my agents for this month. Still working out the plans to finish off House Wallen. I'll get back to you. Certainly once the culprit is identified we'll assist with their arrest."

"On another topic; I require the return of my former territories."

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show

Let us cease further bloodshed. You've lost, my forces alone outnumber yours ten to one, and mine are trained soldiers. Surrender, and we will let you live, find you a home if you wish to leave or let you stay in peace in your old homes if you give up your weapons. There is no reason to fight any longer.

Wardens to Bloodhaven

Well, our patrols will be returning nevertheless. The docks house our fleet and several businesses under our protection. If you wish to help with the repairs and reconstruction, that is fine - if you wish to rent warehouses or open businesses, that is also fine. We'll keep the area safe as a Warden territory.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wardens

''Your forces left the Underdocks, when they were literally on fire and reports from the locals indicate, that your patrols were inadequate in their functions, a sign of how stretched Warden forces have been of late. As such I don't see how Underdocks can be considered Wardens territory. I would be glad to rent space for your fleets and make certain, that said business are well-protected.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-18 at 11:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

Bloodhaven

Our patrols left for a month due to a battle that is now over. Your men kindly took over their duties temporarily, as our arrangement was, and now that we're no longer fighting we're returning. That's what 'temporary' means.

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you be amenable to us taking over the Bridge fully, at least as a temporary measure? We're worried about the growing tension in the foreign relations of Sav Altulas and it is the main route a small enemy force could attempt to infiltrate the City from.

If you don't like the idea, I alternatively suggest that you take over the guarding of the Bridge for a moment so we can concentrate our forces where they're needed without compromizing security.
    Last edited by Murska; 2013-02-18 at 11:58 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild to the ESGE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are relatively certain that the break occurred in Blacksage, but we do not know who caused it. Or even if it was deliberate sabotage, although we doubt that it was an accident.

Are you certain it was the Heladuits? They do appear to the likely culprit. Too likely in fact. It seems strange that after having worked so long at these schemes they would be so overt in using them.

Sausage Guild to Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no hydromancers.

As for Downline there is nothing of concern there. Simply the usual digging vibrations translating into the local magical aura. We took all due precautions to ensure there would be no serious effects.

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    On King & Wardens
    We can probably get Lord Wallen out of the city if it comes to that.

On Heladuits
    The Heladuits do seem the likely culprit.

The Sausage GUild to the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    The evidence seems to point to the Heladuits being the cause of the dam breaking, although we have not verified this yet.

As for your former territories we ask that we be allowed to retain them for a few more months. The flooding has ruined many of our vaults and we moved what was salvageable to our above ground territories including your former areas. We need some time to repair our vaults before we can move everything back.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Wardens:
    Spoiler
    Show

We accept your offer. If you will help us establish ourselves outside the city, you may have what is left of this rathole. It suits you.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show

((OOC: Insert negotiations over exact terms of the agreement here, until we reach the agreed-upon conclusion. I've got to go.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild to the Wardens and the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to purchase Imperial Third in order to prevent any future misunderstandings such as that which resulted in the invasion of our metro last month.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

To the Technists
    Spoiler
    Show

What purpose did you have in Factories South? The abominations of the Chosen need to be destroyed so this kind of evil can never again attack this city. Whatever you have taken we ask for its return.

To the Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Many of our people are poor and may soon go hungry. Is there something the church can do to assist to restore the food stores?

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild
    Morale:3

Orcs of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am willing to pay [10 WEL] for [5 MIL] worth of soldiers. The operation is out in the Shattered Lands and involves taking one of the abandoned cities out there. I should have a couple [MIL] supporting you.

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    The continued flow of my goods demands I maintain control the bridge at this time, so I will detail some guards to man the checkpoint.

24. - Top - End - #1224

ESGE

Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    It does seem strange, but do remember how they overloaded the Gear's network. Sabotaging your dam seems like something they would do; they seem to be doing everything they can to destroy the lower city.
    It is possible that some of Wallen's troops did it when they took Old Face, heading up the waterfront to Blacksgage, but I would doubt that: it doesn't fit Wallen's philosophy. Bloodhaven and the EBSA are the only other factions in Blacksgage, but I can't ascribe any motive to them either. To me it seems perfectly logical.

That it started in Blacksgage is troubling. I believe I may have to redouble the guard routes by the waterfront to prevent further incursions. As most of the Blackjack Boys were occupied in Dogma, I can see how someone could have easily slipped past the few patrols we had running, just as easily as Orville Wallen's troops seized Old Face. I will definitely have to be more careful to maintain regular patrols to prevent this kind of skulduggery. Thank you for the warning.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

25. - Top - End - #1225

Orcs to the mercantile Guild [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll accept that offer for now, though it seems that your competition is willing to bid against it.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Bugbear in the Playground

House Matoff to Champions of Sovereignty (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course.

House Laurier to Champions of Sovereignty (7)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are rather busy keeping looters out of Lomb Circle so that commerce may proceed uninterrupted.

Mercantile's Guild, Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show

Rhodarmer: "Considering I, personally, have more military forces than you do, I think that would be wise."

Warlord Contacts to Mercantile's Guild (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

...The Gregorian army is in Sav Altulas?

If you will excuse us, we have some plans that need to be made.

oblivion6 (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

How far are the ruined cities in the Shattered Lands from the trade routes? Specifically, Orn Durmtarg or whatever its named(not Orn Telengrad but the other). I think I may try and make it into a sort of fortress for me just in case things go downhill even further.

What was the price for a large airship designed for war? I asked on the first turn but can't remember what the answer was.

You said General Rhodarmer will be building up his forces on his own. What kind of stat-cap does he have?
    1) Pretty far. Most people avoid them--they are said to bring bad luck, and are rumored to have strange things haunting the ruins. The one you are thinking of is Orn Demati, I think? Lonecutter is rumored to make her lair there. There is also Orn Telengrad and Orn DammitIForgotThisOne'sName.

2) 25-35 WEL, depending on how heavy you want the armaments and armor to be.

3) His army stats are limited by his personal MOR points. Which you don't know.

Arcanan Contacts to Bloodhaven, Sausage Guild (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

We do indeed have magics of the sort you are describing, though active control of water is a difficult proposition at best due to its fluid nature. For your situation, I think you might be best served by speaking with Mistress Tequio--I understand she is in the city at the moment.

Wild Mages to Bloodhaven (2)
    Spoiler
    Show

The lights are pretty, ain't they?

House Laurier to Bloodhaven (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

My understanding was that the sounds and sights in Downline this past month were related to the Sausage Guild expanding their metro underneath the neighborhood. If you find out otherwise, please let me know, but they were digging there from underneath the Pond, and that would make the most logical sense in my mind. Admittedly, I do not know very much about Longspeak's magic, so I could easily be wrong.

Trade with the ice elves would be most agreeable, if you could get the insular caste that runs Elsinier to agree to it. Which, if you will excuse my bluntness, I doubt you will.

Your other proposal, with regards to the entertainment of the city, has more merit, I feel. I do not think that you personally need our patronage--what kind of madman would attack a hospital?--but I understand that your less upstanding associates might be concerned. I will speak with Sybil about it.

As for the Heladuits, they are sending many messages, none of them known to me.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2013-02-18 at 07:26 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wardens

I realize the importance you place on security, and as such would be willing to offer you a compromise. Your patrols could guard the area, where your fleet is stationed and the business interests you've mention, though I'd like you to ask to reveal their nature to me. The rest of the territory would be patrolled by my forces, thus alleviating your issues with manpower shortages.

Edited:

SGA + House Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mercantile Guild & House Laurier

I was thinking, that perhaps House Laurier would agree to provide guards for the Traitor's Gate. It would certainly enhance prestige of the House, if the troops in their fine livery would be the first thing, visitors of our fine city see.

(Basically switch the Wardens for Laurier, Mercantile Guild keeps control over flow of the traffic.)

Mercantile Guild, Sausage Guild, House Laurier

''I would like to discuss the situation with the food shortages. I feel that the threat of the riots has only grown stronger, now that Wardens attack disrupted reconstruction efforts, bringing in Orks, who let’s be honest, frighten the populace and now there are also food shortages. We might have something ugly brewing on our hands.''

''The best way to remedy the situation would be to bring food to the masses. In this, I believe Mercantile Guild will be instrumental, considering their merchant contacts and knowledge of the Warlords with grain surplus.
    Now, the next issue is funding. I expect Sausage Guild will contribute generously as it’s their stores that the hungry mobs would be assaulting, if the worst comes to past. Let’s face it, they have certain expectations of feeding the city, and if the Vault of Flesh are not an option, then alternatives must be pursued.''

''Now, I believe House Laurier can benefit from being generous in the situation, as I’m certain the whole city would appreciate the stability you can ensure (and regarding our previous talk, I’m certain the whole city will know of your kind ways ).''

Sausage Guild

''Can we expect a swift action against Heladuit by the Sausage Guild?''

King James

I would like to request your majesty’s assistance with the current food shortages in the Runner’s City. If you could send your volunteers (MOR) to me, so I could have them assist with food distribution, it would do much to alleviate the current hardships of the common folk.

ESBA [8](NPC?)
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to request assistance of the ESBA police forces in guarding food shipments against any miscreants, who may wish to profit by stealing it, and to serve as crowd control, should rioters attack warehouses with food.

[Requesting ESP to make certain food isn’t stolen or tainted and MIL to guard it]

Orcs of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would it be possible to purchase your logging rights?

Lord Wallen/Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can I talk with Wallstein using PM, since he is in the Hospital? He wouldn’t know of the events outside, but otherwise…

Who is Wallstein to Wallen by the way?

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    What’s your policy on contingencies?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-19 at 07:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

SGA+House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Traitor's Bridge:
    I am perfectly fine with such an arrangement. Those of House Laurier are good folk and should not hinder anything. It willl also serve to free up my own soldiers to guard the forts in the Shattered Lands since clearly the Wardens can't handle that at the moment.

Food Shortages
    While I am willing to accept any help in funding this, I am perfectly capable of footing most of the bill and will be commisioning a large fleet of barges to transport grain to the city.

Shipwrights Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am looking to construct a large fleet of river barges to help fight the food shortages that are bound to onlt get worse. Think you can handle it? I am thinking a total of atleast [12 WEL] worth of barges. Probably more.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA + House Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Laurier/Sausage Guild

Mistress Tequio can provide excellent hydrophobic charms to repel the water, thus making the process of restoring the Metro and Vaults of Flesh possible, though I admit it may take some feats of engineering to seal the breach and direct the repelled water into the Lake.

White-Stripe Mages would be happy to provide their service in making the charms, either for Sausage Guild’s coin or as personal favour to House Lauirer. I’m certain Lord Laurier would be able to leverage his personal role in restoration of the Lake Brecombe with Fisher Houses for future considerations. Perhaps, I may even be of assistance in that regard?

Sausage Guild

If you have trouble housing your assets, you may transfer some of them to Bloodhaven for safekeeping, until situation improves.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-20 at 09:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Tregon to Bloodhaven

Spoiler
    Show
    No. We may, however, sell you wood.