Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Bloodhaven to Orks/Mercantile Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, well. Never mind then. But I believe Mercantile Guild might be interested.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Lord Wallen/Zemalac [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wallenstein was the prime General of the faction; and has known the Wallens for years. He would have intel in most faction plans.
    He would be able to guess much about things he doesn't know (Numbers of men available to the Faction); but he still wouldn't be able to send the news to the rest of the Faction.

Zem; can we do a PM?

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to offer my services in mediating between remnants of House Wallen and yourself, so your territory could be returned to you peacefully, without any fighting or looting involved.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #1234

ESGE

The Center for the Arts

"James, look at this one," Founder gestured at a painting. "It's a square. It's just a bloody white square."

"It's a JaCoque, Ben. That thing's worth several hundred thousand." Stigbalathad replied, mildly bemused.

"That's absurd! I could do better in five minutes with bucket of paint and a roller." Founder exclaimed.

"I don't doubt you could, Ben, but Jacoque spent several years working on this. I suppose the point is how much time he spent on it, rather than the piece itself."

"Hmph. I'm going flying."

"You can't Ben, we've been over this. Orville's got those black-powder weapons. They could easily shoot you our of the air."

"Damn and blast! Then I'm heading out to the island. Sebastian?"

"Yes sir?" Sebastian appeared from just around a corner.

"I'm going out to the island."

"Sir, the lowered water level means we can't launch the boat, sir. You would have no way to return."

"Then I guess I'm stuck in here with these paintings," Bennet said, resigned. "You know, I bet I could do better..." he mused.

Sebastian left quickly to fetch some canvas that wasn't worth more than he was.

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would be most agreeable, however it is quite unlikely Orville would accede his occupation of our homes peacefully. As the Champions and the Wren have seized his home, he would have nowhere to return to. It is a sad state of affairs indeed.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2013-02-20 at 03:30 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

Orville is a gentlemen adventurer, much like many members of your society. If it weren't for politics and family business, perhaps things could have been different between you. I believe I can persuade him, that if he resumes his travels, perhaps in time his home would be restored - nobody can predict the tides of fate after all. I thank you for you permission to engage in diplomacy, before swords.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

EBSA

Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can send guards and watchers to protect the food. We have been on the sidelines too long.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESBA [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Perhaps I can offer you assistance in keeping law in the city. My medical knowledge can help in crime investigations, by examining the bodies, to determine the cause of and circumstances of death. It won't be hard for me establish a Autopsy Laboratory for such purposes.''

''Also, what do you think of the recent catastrophes that befall our city? I strongly suspect Heladuit family. Perhaps you would be interested to investigate their activities?''

[Also, not quite certain how to express it in IC terms, but do you want trade BH influence in Scholar's Compase for your influence in Dogma?]

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the EBSA: (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for keeping the palace safe. I am ready to assume control now.

To ESGE, Bloodhaven, House Wallen: (3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    House Wallen was a grand house once. Only in recent years have they lost their glory. It is not clear how much of their house has been tainted. Perhaps it was all the house, or perhaps there were those among the House who recognized Lord Wallen's failings.

If Orville is of the latter, we can believe he was only following orders. If he disbands his forces, we will let him leave to clear his mind on an adventure. When he returns we can speak of the restoration of House Wallen.

To the Sausage Guild: (6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My men have travelled far, and need somewhere to rest after the fighting. It would not be fair of me to put that burden on the people of Sky, who have already suffered greatly.

We have no problem with you leaving your equipment in our territory. We can safeguard it until you're ready to collect it.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Sausage Guild/King James/Wardens [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I have recently heard, that there are issues with housing for the King James's troops. As Sausage Guild, due to their circumstances find it difficult to provide such space, I believe the perfect solution would be the Military District, that the Wardens have recently constructed. It's a perfect place to house the soldiers, and it would let them defend the city, in case of an attack.''

Edit: SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

House Laurier/Mercantile Guild

I wanted to propose a joint project of sorts. The Old Fisher Houses have made their fortunes from the river and the lake. And now their situation is rather… precarious. If Lord Laurier were to command Lake and River, then he certainly could come to their assistance in these dark times and earn their respect and trust. As for the Lake, as I’ve said, White-Stripe Mages are prepared to work on the project to restore the Lake, with sponsorship of House Laurier. As for the river, it would require control of the Underdocks, which Bloodhaven has, and hopefully, with Hosue Laurier patronage would keep and assistance of the Shipwright Guild. Now, I believe Mercantile Guild can promise full cooperation to the House Laurier, if you were to assist them in securing support of the Shipwright Guild with your silver-tongue.

House Laurier

I’m not certain, if you paid attention to the investigation into certain Merdallan Knight in the Embassy Row, that SGA once conducted. As such, it came to me, that you being [Foreigners] from the same nation as said knight, might make more sense out of it and perhaps make certain that the Knight’s designs are to the advantage of SGA and House Laurier.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-21 at 08:39 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild to the Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your help would be most appreciated in providing food to the hungry this month so that we can concentrate on restoring our farms.

SGA + House Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Food for the Hungry
    We will provide some funding for buying additional food, but most of our efforts will be towards restoring our own vaults. After all if we do not do so then we will still be in this situation next month, and buying grain that has to be transported through the wastelands is no long term solution.

Heladuits
    We will not be attacking the Heladuits as we do not in fact know for certain if they are behind the dam breaking. To be perfectly frank we believe that the many allegations against them with no proof are becoming worrisome. If there is any proof that the Heladuits broke the dam then show it to us now. Otherwise we will be investigating the matter more fully before we commit any guards.

The Sausage Guild to the Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is not a matter of safeguarding our equipment but of using it. Everything we have must go towards repairing the vaults which feed the city. We can afford to leave nothing idle. Not to mention that some of that equipment are the temporary barracks which house our own men. And while we can understand the plight of Sky all we can suggest is that you reign in your men as if it is a choice between their welfare and the welfare of the entire city we will always choose the city. Despite their wealth the people of Sky have no more claim to our aid than those of Runner's City.

All we ask is for a month to repair our vaults and then we will willingly return control to you. Which we believe is entirely reasonable even without the dam breaking as you gave us no advance warning that you were returning. If you wish us gone faster we suggest using any influence you have with the Wardens to let us take control of former Ram territories now that they are leaving the city.

We would also support the use of the military district for your men as Bloodhaven suggested. The Wardens already have ample room and can certainly spare a few barracks for a few months. But that is between you and them.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-02-21 at 09:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1241

NinjaGuy

Orville Wallen, Champions, Bloodhaven, ESGE (3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's take a step back and look into things; shall we?

What guarantees do I have that you'll follow your word?

What will become of Madame Beteoui?

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Colossus in the Playground

Orcs of Tregon, Public Announcement

"Have enough of vat-grown flesh on your plates? Afraid of blood magic and sacrifices in those deep tunnels? Why not eat real meat from real animals! At the Tregon Embassy in the Pits, or your local flesh market!"

For a month now, Tregon has been filling the plates of Sav Altulas, now that the Sausage Guild has failed to keep up with demand. The Shattered Lands are prime land for grazing, and our cows and sheep continue to flourish. The market will speak as to who can keep the meat coming.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

To the Orcs of Tregon
    Are you accusing the good butchers of Sav Altulas of using vat grown meat or meat which is not real. Because neither allegation is true, and we demand that you take back your slander.

Especially as Tregon Orcs were involved in the attack which forced our workers to defend themselves rather than respond to the flood. We did not think there was a connection, but this may force us to reconsider.

(OOC: Note that the Orcs have -2 Rep. That may be good for bossing people around, but not I think in selling food.)
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-02-21 at 10:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1244

(OOC: you might be mistaken. Our business went well enough for our wealth going up several points last turn.)

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Sure if you are just selling food without really going into. But not if you are going to start a slander campaign. I'm sure it's a lot easier for people to distrust the food coming from the dirty no good orcs than the respectable butchers who have been supplying them for years.)

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Orks of Tregon

''As one of the people, who do not wish to have this city starved, I’m intrigued by your proposal. We have been relying on Sausage Guild too much for food supply, and in retrospect it made the city vulnerable. An alternative food source would make the city more secure and feed the people. Would you be interested to work together to establish this new flow of food?''

''I would also like to inquire, if any of your fighters would wish to establish a gladiatorial tradition. There are plans to make public professional fights with prizes and fame victories would no doubt bring to Tregon.''

Edit: SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sausage Guild

I suppose it's possible that Heladuits are innocent. Maybe they even didn't steal all of SGA money. Did you check behind the desk? Sometimes papers fall in there - maybe all of funds we worked our hands bloody to earn are just gathering dust there?

Edit: I do believe Heladuits are guilty of at the very least theft of SGA funds, you can't deny that. As your men would be needed to fix the damage to the Vaults, I understand, if they can't be there. However, Bloodhand himself is but one man, when it comes to digging tunnels. On the battlefield, he would be something else entirely. Can you spare him?

How do you plan to approach fixing of the flooded tunnels situation?

Zemalac Only
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, looking at the map, there is a river flowing into the Lake. If we seal the breach between Lake and Metro tunnels and then used hydrophobic charms to redirect more of the river’s flow into the left arm, which feeds the Lake, it would be replenished swiftly. Would I be right in that assessment? Fisher Houses saved, Yay!

I pitch this plan to Laurier and provide hydrophobic part. As long as they fix the breach, situation gets resolved. Laurier can go to Fisher Houses and offer it as a solution in exchange for considerations...
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-02-21 at 12:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Orcs of Tregon to Bloodhaven

"A formalized trade agreement between Tregon and Sav Altulas would profit both sides. Simply carting in meat and then selling it to random butchers and grocers is terribly inefficient. We are open to suggestions.

And if you want someone to get their teeth kicked in, we have plenty of young fools willing to make themselves look like asses in front of an audience for a bit of glory."

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild to the SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We never said the Heladuits were innocent. No doubt they are behind the SGA fraud, and they certainly killed quite a few people in the latest riots. But we don't know for certain that they did in fact break the dam. And we are not accustomed to sending bloody retribution at people we are not certain even deserve it.

Plus two facts. First our guards are also our workers. We need to repair the vaults in order to the city, so it becomes a question of whether we wish to exact vengeance or rebuild.

Second as you may have noticed when the rioters attempted to attack the Heladuits last month they were turned to gold by Heladuit magics. That is a vile defense we don't want for any of our own people to suffer the same fate. Do you have an answer for it, and for the apparently magically augmented persuasion of Marcus Heladuit?

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Orks of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bloodhaven is correct. I may indeed be interested in purchasing some lumber for a project of mine.

Silver Blood Gentlemans Association/Evening Games Club[PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. You may have heard of the food shortages over in Runners City. Despite the Orks meat, I don't think that problem is over yet. I am in the process of building a fleet of specially designed grain barges to help prevent it from getting worse.

However, that won't solve the short-term situation since the barges aren't finished. I plan to use my fleet of merchant cutters in place of the barges. Could I count on a small investment from you gentleman to help me buy enough grain to feed the city this month? I will make sure word gets around of your aid.

GM[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can my contacts tell me anything about what the Technists may or may not have found in Orn Telengrad?

With the majority of the Warden forces elsewhere, does that mean that the Drydocks neighbourhood isn't being patrolled properly and they might be accepting of my troops stepping in temporarilly?

20. - Top - End - #1250

Zemalac:

Spoiler
    Show
    How exactly does trading goods work? If someone wants to pay wood from me, how much can I deliver, how much do they pay, and how much money do I get?

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To Orville, Bloodhaven, ESGE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guarantees? If you're not a supporter of Lord Wallen I have no reason to kill you. I'm concerned with the well-being of the realm, not petty vengeance. An adventurer such as yourself, especially a noble one, could be a valuable asset to the kingdom.

Madame Beteoui is unfortunately directly involved in Lord Wallen's treason. We can't keep her under house arrest indefinitely. Do you have a better solution?

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, can you provide at least some discreet assistance and some small funds for the grain purchase project? It may be a temporary solution, but you can’t fix the tunnels, if hungry mobs are rioting in your territories.

Orks/Mercantile/Silversmiths [5]
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent, just send those young fools to crack their knuckles [MOR] to Hobbespot Games and Harrowing Fields.

What would you say about a trial run – deliver some of your meat with Mercantile Guild barges to the Underdocks for Triphage Untima. I’ll pay 2 [WEL] and if there are no problems, then we can see about making more permanent arrangements.

23. - Top - End - #1253

NinjaGuy

Champions; ESGE; Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say you had little reason to invade like you did.
    All you had to do was kill my nephew in a duel, without the need to destroy the whole neighbourhood.

You could let her come with me to exile. I'd keep tabs on her; keep her away from dirty deals.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Orcs to Bloodhaven, Mercantile [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    We have our deal, then.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE, King James, Lord Wallen [3]
    Spoiler
    Show

I shall send my men to oversee the peaceful return of the Old Face to the ESGE. As for madam Betoui, an exile would be a perfect solution. She lacks an army to establish a hostile powerbase outside of the city and as Sir Orville said, he’ll make certain she doesn’t fall with wrong people. Leave a possibility to lift the exile after three years, and perhaps House Wallen would be restored, for the benefit of the city.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Bugbear in the Playground

House Laurier to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Traitor's Bridge
    Are you referring to switching out the Mercantile's Guild guards for Laurier ones, or the Wardens? As far as I am aware, both groups have separate checkpoints on the bridge.

The River and the Lake
    While controlling trade on the river would be an excellent addition to the family's mercantile empire, I have no real interest in aiding the Fisher Houses. Indeed, in this situation we would be wresting the source of their prosperity from them, would we not?

Knights Far Afield
    His plans will be to the advantage of Merdallan. Whether Merdallan's interests align with one group of guilds in one Shattered Lands city, who can say. Flip a coin, perhaps?

Thelonius (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, you can talk to Wallenstein by PM.

Contingencies are acceptable, but lower the effectiveness of the action.

Smipwright's Guild to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Absolutely, sir! You can count on us.

Silver Blood/Evening Games to Mercantile's Guild (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, on the one hand, we of course don't want the city to descend into chaos. On the other hand, a large part of our factories just blew up recently, and we're a bit tight on capitol at the moment.

Eldan (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

You deliver however much they need, they pay how much you think it's worth, and you get however much they pay. "Lumber Yards" is basically a trait that makes building things out of wood cost less, which they would be paying you to take advantage of.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Sausage Guild to the SGA/House Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Food Situation/Bloodhaven
    You are overstating the situation considerably. First there will not be rioting in the streets unless someone provokes the riots, which admittedly is a concern but one outside our control. The situation is bad yes, but it is not grim. There is still food in the city. People may need to tighten their belts but they will not starve.

Second you are insulting us by your continued insistence on our contribution. Last month we put fully half our capital towards providing food to the people free of charge. How much did you contribute.

We have always done our best to feed the city no matter the cost and no matter the situation. And we have succeeded for over a century. This is our field of expertise. Do you truly think you have a better grasp on how to approach the situation than we do? Truly?

We are also somewhat disgusted that you reproach us so much for attempting to enact a long term solution, when you yourself are merely using the situation to your advantage by pushing the Lauriers to take control of the Fisher Houses.

Tell us, for all your efforts to persuade others to feed the city how much of your own money will be buying grain this month? How many of your own soldiers will be attacking the Heladuits that you hate so much? Are you willing to actually aid the SGA or merely reproach others for not doing so while your own coffers swell from private projects.

If you are truly willing to make a commitment then we will match every coin you send towards purchasing food for the city. If you are not then there is no more to discuss.

Knights Far Afield
    Despite no one asking us, the ones whose territory they actually operate in. We will tell you that we have been keeping track of the Merdallen knight and his associates. They have become more active of late. We do not know there aims exactly, but we know it is connected to the Wardens and something happening to the north.

Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-02-22 at 03:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

SGA/Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Laurier

Traitor’s Bridge

''Wardens have agreed to cede control of their checkpoint at the Traitor’s Bridge. And we believe House Laurier is the best suited to control it. Perhaps if you could make an order with Silversmith’s Guild for some new decorations or liveries to place at the checkpoint, so wealth of the House Laurier is prominently displayed to all visiting merchants?''

River Trade

''Between my control of the Underdocks and Mercantile Guild’s growing influence with Shipwright Guild, I believe you have all tools at your disposal to expand the river trade.''

Runner’s City

''I can’t miss the fact that a lot of resources of the Guilds go into keeping situation in the Runner’s City from exploding. Perhaps if Runner’s City was better managed it could be avoided? According to the rumors, Ram is leaving the city and their territories are rather well developed, compared to the rest of the Runner’s City and they provide nice access to the territories of the Technist Guild and then to the Underdocks.''

''The people in the Ram’s territories had the notions of choosing their leaders hammered into them by the Ram – why not have them chose House Laurier? If you participate in the grain barges project, then I’m certain Mercantile Guild can lend most of the credit for feeding the hungry to you and I’ve got considerable resources to effect effective persuasion.''

Sausage Guild

''Apologies if I came too strong. But when Bloodhand was dying, I've assisted you with healers, techniques and my contacts, all free of charge. Oh, there was that favour I asked, but I believe it was balanced by a personal contribution of [4 WEL] from my pocket for the treatment. So I'm not just out there to fill my own pockets and use SGA as I wish. General Brador of the Mercantile Guild is alive thanks to my efforts, and I didn't ask for any payment, though Mercantile Guild is generous with their donations nevertheless. And if any members of SGA were to suffer critical injuries, I will be there to save their lives, free of charge.''

''Now Heladuits have stolen from SGA, an organization that I founded and promoted from the start. They were involved in explosion in the Southern Factories, which makes me responsible. Plus, I strongly suspect that they did something to my man, Ascott Lascelles. And it feels like Sausage Guild is ignoring the situation. I understand your arguments and why you wouldn’t commit your troops to the fight and I will hold no hard feelings over it, but maybe you have some other way, you can help us?''

''And yes I’m using the situation to our advantage. I’d rather have SGA strong and able to resist any taxes, tariffs or property seizures the new powers in the city may wish to impose on us. Does anybody here wants to have Gregorian troops housed in our private residences? Haven't Champions wished to move in on their old territories, despite the situation you are in and availability of better alternatives? I do not believe they yet replied you over this issue. What if they insist?''

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mercantile Guild mentioned paying for Lahaim trainers and not getting anything. I assume it’s because Laurier got them. Does it mean Mercantile Guild gets a refund?

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Beneath the Wallen family manor

A gauntleted fist slams into the door to the armories, once, twice, three times. The voice that so often rallied the people of Runners City booms down the extensive tunnels that House Wallen kept beneath their mansion. "Wallen! Let us not end this in darkness and slow death. I offer you what you offered my King. Face me. In victory, you will be allowed to flee the city with your life. In defeat, you will die with sword in hand. "

The small escort of Order men throw their weight behind the ram, and the sealed door bursts open. In the open doorway stands the man known to the city as the Wren, clad in dark plate, and brandishing the blade that ended Redeye. "Come, my lord. Let us end this in the daylight."

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to affirm the friendship between our groups. Soon, our troops will be patrolling both Deadman's Hill and extensive territories beyond in the Runner's City and Military District, as well as Spicer's Circle on the other side. We would like to ask whether you would be amenable to a lasting agreement of some sort on our men passing through Lomb Circle when they need to move between these two areas, as the most direct route.

We will of course be soon retaking the Underdocks, but the river is a slow and difficult route to arrange such transportation at a constant basis.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.